PDA

View Full Version : Football Advice for Steelers: Don't feed it after midnight

T-post Tom
07-09-2012, 11:05 PM
Antonio Brown: Todd Haley “seems like a real friendly guy”

When new Steelers offensive coordinator Todd Haley was hired, the questions in Pittsburgh were mostly about whether the famously prickly Haley could get along with the players on Pittsburgh’s offense. But Steelers receiver Antonio Brown says that’s not a concern at all.

Brown told Jim Rome on Rome that after working with Haley in minicamp and Organized Team Activities this summer, he’s come away impressed with the fact that when Haley gets on players, it’s because he genuinely cares about bringing out the best in them.

“You’ve got to respond well when coaches get up in your face,” Brown said. “He seems like a real friendly guy who’s demanding the best for you. You can’t take it personally. You’ve got to use it all for the better.”

I haven’t heard any players refer to Haley as “a real friendly guy” before (I think the closest thing to a compliment I had ever heard one of Haley’s players give him before was when Steve Breaston referred to Haley as “not always a butthole“), but Brown says that Haley’s approach is just what the Steelers need.

“Change can be great if everyone buys in. We’re accepting Todd Haley — you see his history of great wide receivers,” he said. “Getting a chance of working with him at OTAs and minicamp was something special.”

From Brown’s description, it sounds like the Steelers are getting a friendlier version of Haley. It remains to be seen whether that will last once the season starts.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/09/antonio-brown-todd-haley-seems-like-a-real-friendly-guy/

Rasputin
07-09-2012, 11:11 PM
Snap the fucking ball Brodie

T-post Tom
07-09-2012, 11:57 PM
http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/todd-haley-josh-mcdaniels.jpg

KCrockaholic
07-10-2012, 12:33 AM
Haley is a cool guy. And a fine football coach as well. He will be a successful head coach in the NFL one day.

Rasputin
07-10-2012, 12:45 AM
Haley is a cool guy. And a fine football coach as well. He will be a successful head coach in the Arena Football League one day.

fyp

BigMeatballDave
07-10-2012, 12:51 AM
If we had a legit QB, we'd all be lining up to toss Haley's salad.

DTLB58
07-10-2012, 09:12 AM
If we had a legit QB, we'd all be lining up to toss Haley's salad.

Yup.

Still wish it would have worked out.

Pasta Little Brioni
07-10-2012, 09:18 AM
Haley is a cool guy. And a fine football coach as well. He will be a successful head coach in the NFL one day.

The sheer amount of blowouts this team suffered and how horribly they were prepared to start the season last year leans me toward believing otherwise.

BoneKrusher
07-10-2012, 09:20 AM
The sheer amount of blowouts this team suffered and how horribly they were prepared to start the season last year leans me toward believing otherwise.

yep plus he's the turd who brought Palko to KC.

themanwithnoname
07-10-2012, 10:10 AM

Yep. He seems like an ok assistant, probably a good to great WR coach. I honestly don't know that I would even say he'd be a good OC after the offenses the Chiefs rolled out while he was here. Sure Cassel was a big part of the reason it was 3rd and 25, but how many times did we see a McCluster draw play up the middle on those? Plus his choice of OCs, Palko, forcing Larry Johnson and Thomas Jones, our terrible TEs (Pope is like the Cassel of TEs, nice guy, prototypical size but just plain sucks at actually playing), and cutting Gaither over a single penalty when Richardson was damn near the worst tackle in football (and regularly was screwing the team with bad penalties).

His success in Arizona, I mean, who couldn't have a successful passing game with Kurt Warner throwing to Fitzgerald, Boldin, and Breaston? Likewise, who wouldn't have a good run game when Jamaal Charles is tearing shit up?

I give him credit for getting the team in shape and I think he did improve Bowe (although Bowe is still limited by the QB). I'd also say that Breaston and Baldwin seem like they were Haley choices (although Breaston doesn't seem too torn up over Haley leaving which I think is telling). Maybe Haley was the deciding factor in some of the draft picks, but who knows. So maybe he'd be an ok conditioning and personnel guy, but he didn't show me anything more than that.

He seemed more intent on playing head games and for all his focus on consistency his team didn't exhibit much. Well, I guess they did, some exciting wins (and losses) over teams playing bad football and getting their shit pushed in by teams that were any good.

I actually did like Haley mostly because he was like the complete opposite of Herm, but I'm wholly indifferent to him now. Glad that he won't be helping to embarrass the Chiefs any more, but I don't really wish him ill or anything.

Sorter
07-10-2012, 10:27 AM
http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/2m3mdf4.gif

SuperChief
07-10-2012, 10:38 AM
Tyler.

Palko.

vailpass
07-10-2012, 10:45 AM
http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/todd-haley-josh-mcdaniels.jpg

There is so much fail in this picture I don't know how the internets can contain it.

Bugeater
07-10-2012, 10:50 AM
ROFL

Dave Lane
07-10-2012, 10:58 AM
Yup.

Still wish it would have worked out.

Yeah me too sucks.

Dave Lane
07-10-2012, 10:59 AM
Tyler.

Palko.

Scott Pioli < his decision

CoMoChief
07-10-2012, 11:18 AM
Starting Palko over Orton is what did it for me.

Dave Lane
07-10-2012, 11:20 AM
Starting Palko over Orton is what did it for me.

One trash pile is better than the other? I wanted to see Stanzi but Pioli said no.

CoMoChief
07-10-2012, 11:42 AM
One trash pile is better than the other? I wanted to see Stanzi but Pioli said no.

Orton sadly is 1000x the better QB than Palko....and even Cassel for that matter. Somewhat agreeing with you here. All I'm saying is that Palko has no business starting in the NFL.....ever, esp over a somewhat established veteran QB.

ShowtimeSBMVP
07-10-2012, 12:08 PM
Scott Pioli < his decision

People still don't get this. It's on Pioli why he was here in 2011 and it's on haley for playing him.