PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs An Apology to Matt Cassel

Pages : [1] 2

TRR
07-10-2012, 06:24 AM
An Apology to Matt Cassel
Rodney Lay l Bleacher Report
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1252533-an-apology-to-matt-cassel-from-a-real-chiefs-fan

I did not see the softball game.

I heard about it and then watched a video clip of 40,000 so-called fans booing Matt Cassel before he played in the All-Star celebrity softball game that is a part of the 2012 MLB All-Star Game festivities here in Kansas City.

I, for one, am embarrassed to associated with, by being a Chiefs fan, people whose level of decency and lack of manners or good taste allows them to act out in a juvenile fashion that way in a public arena.

First, the boos are inappropriate and uncalled for. Maturity and decency forbids it, and the record does not support it.

Cassel's first year in Kansas City was with a team that was being put together, almost starting over from scratch, with only a fragment of the puzzle in place.

In 2010, with more of the pieces in place, he managed to take the Chiefs to a home playoff berth, something that virtually no one expected.

Last year, the team was cut down by injuries to key players, with Cassel himself being one of the casualties.

People are short-sighted and dim-witted. Anyone who is watching this team develop knows that Matt Cassel has done a superb job with a team that is being built around him. He did not come to a playoff-caliber team and do a mediocre job, the way some people are trying to portray his three years. He came to a team that was light on talent with young and very inexperienced players and put up Pro Bowl numbers in his second year on a rebuilding team.

As a longtime Chiefs fan, I am sick of hearing the whining of short-sighted, uneducated and superficial so-called fans.

With a real team around him, with dedicated and talented players like the Chiefs have in place now, and without the core of the team sitting on the sidelines injured, Matt Cassel will win, and win consistently.

Boos. Save the boos for yourself. Or maybe I should say booze! That is all that is needed for an idiot to make stupid sounds.

I write this article for only one reason, other than to scold the imitation, shameless "fans" in Kansas City.

I would like to personally apologize to Matt Cassel for coming to our city and working his butt off and doing a rather remarkable job on a team that has had little to offer an NFL quarterback except the opportunity to run for your life while hoping to find an open receiver.

What would life as QB on the Chiefs have been like without a Jamaal Charles to hand the ball to in between episodes of picking yourself up off the turf?

Yes, Matt, there are some REAL, appreciative football fans here in Kansas City, and we are glad to have you behind center.

So, after the apology, here is a thank you for doing your part, and doing it much better than you should have with what you were given to work with.

I for one am glad to have Matt Cassel playing quarterback for the Kansas City Chiefs in 2012.

And for the boozers? Shut up!

Nightfyre
07-10-2012, 06:25 AM
Q

Hog's Gone Fishin
07-10-2012, 06:27 AM
Cassel sucks and if you're not convinced now you will be by game 8

Reerun_KC
07-10-2012, 06:27 AM
Another Dick beating thread...

For fucks sake this is getting stupid...

Bugeater
07-10-2012, 06:29 AM
Fuck Matt Cassel, fuck this guy and fuck bleacherreport.com and fuck anyone who reads that POS site and fuck you for posting the crap here.

BoneKrusher
07-10-2012, 06:41 AM
Message to Freda Lay:
Cassel does and always will SUCK.

Get A Clue!

ZootedGranny
07-10-2012, 06:50 AM
Post this over on ArrowheadPride. They'll eat this garbage up.

Radar Chief
07-10-2012, 07:04 AM
Prime example of why I don’t waste my time reading bleacherreport.com.

DaKCMan AP
07-10-2012, 07:26 AM
This doofus probably cries because all players don't get a participation trophy.

Predarat
07-10-2012, 07:30 AM
If he thinks 40K @theK is bad just wait until almost 2X that are booing that casshole at Arrowhead.

Sofa King
07-10-2012, 07:32 AM
You should apologize to us for posting this.

Agent V
07-10-2012, 07:32 AM
Bleacher Report is a piece of shit. Unprofessional, shoddy internet drivel masquerading as ESP-fucking-N.

loochy
07-10-2012, 07:36 AM
Dear Mr. Rodney Lay

S

T

F

U

Raiderhater
07-10-2012, 07:37 AM
What is truly embarrassing is idiots like this who act like authorities on the game and yet, clearly, no nothing about it.

BoneKrusher
07-10-2012, 07:38 AM
Rodney Lay is actually Scott Pioli.

LOCOChief
07-10-2012, 07:39 AM
Booing Cassel at a charity softball game is classless. The guy has devoted alot of time to helping people in Joplin. I'd bet the few classless people that booed him were no where to be found when those folks needed help.

This wasn't Arrowhead it was a charity softball game. I don't have faith in him as a qb and wish we had someone else to look forward to under center this year but booing anyone at a chaity event is classless. Let's see how many don't recognize this as a fact.

DaKCMan AP
07-10-2012, 07:41 AM
Booing Cassel at a charity softball game is classless. The guy has devoted alot of time to helping people in Joplin. I'd bet the few classless people that booed him were no where to be found when those folks needed help.

This wasn't Arrowhead it was a charity softball game. I don't have faith in him as a qb and wish we had someone else to look forward to under center this year but booing anyone at a chaity event is classless. Let's see how many don't recognize this as a fact.

Rodney?

So it would be classless to boo Bernie Madoff or Ken Lay at a charity event?

Agent V
07-10-2012, 07:44 AM
Well, he's just speaking in generalities, proving he has no actual knowledge of or ability to analyze the game. It's all stupid shit we've heard before from Skip Bayless-type analysts, and it means nothing. It's just a glorified blogger whose anus hurts this morning, so he borrowed his mom's Toshiba and typed a diatribe.

Pay no mind to it. Or... find the guy and set him on fire. I guess that would be fine. Actually, do that.

LOCOChief
07-10-2012, 07:48 AM
Rodney?

So it would be classless to boo Bernie Madoff or Ken Lay at a charity event?

Yeah because that's the same thing.:) you were the first in though.

HemiEd
07-10-2012, 07:52 AM
You should apologize to us for RE-posting this.

fixed

TimeForWasp
07-10-2012, 08:07 AM
permission to bump this thread.

TRR
07-10-2012, 08:14 AM
You should apologize to us for posting this.

If you don't like it don't read it. My apologies for posting a Chiefs article regarding the hottest topic on this place...I should have just went out and found another woman chops of husbands genitals article to post. This board has lost it's burst.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bewbies
07-10-2012, 08:15 AM
Rodney has a man-gin-a, Rodney has a man-gin-a....

The Rick
07-10-2012, 08:25 AM

Agreed. There's a time and place for everything, and this was neither the time, nor the place.

loochy
07-10-2012, 08:29 AM
Agreed. There's a time and place for everything, and this was neither the time, nor the place.

If we are talking about Castle, it's always the time and place.

GordonGekko
07-10-2012, 08:32 AM
Come September Cassel will have the oppportunity to shut us the **** up, but will he? Or will he continue to whine for fair treatment to the press even though he is a bottom tier QB.

boogblaster
07-10-2012, 08:34 AM
nuttin against matt as a person .. but he's no NFL QB .....

Frazod
07-10-2012, 08:34 AM
As I said before, I personally wouldn't have booed him, but all he has to do to not get booed is not suck at his job.

BoneKrusher
07-10-2012, 08:38 AM
nuttin against matt as a person .. but he's no NFL QB .....

yep.

Setsuna
07-10-2012, 08:39 AM
Granted Cassel does things for the community....as a professional football player, which is his career, he takes no personal accountability, which seems borderline arrogance and has shown little to no improvement in his game since he became a Chief. As to that, he deserved to get booed.

buddha
07-10-2012, 08:44 AM
Boo him while he's doing his job...not at a charity event. Anybody who thinks that's okay is gutless and lacks a moral compass. Geezus people, common decency...?

Brock
07-10-2012, 08:44 AM
That's not an appropriate venue for doing that.

Fish
07-10-2012, 08:49 AM
Matt Cassel, I apologize.

During your time with the Chiefs, I've called you a dirty, no good, worthless piece of shit, scumbag, dorky, weak leader, noodle armed, dumb looking, pants shitting, slow assed, lying, honorless, bad dancing, AIDS infected, dumbassed, spineless, sucky, frightened, flash card needing retard.

I now realize the error of my ways. You are not in fact, a dirty person. I understand now that you place a high degree of importance on personal hygiene, and I was wrong to make such an accusation against you. Please forgive me. Best wishes in your future away from the Chiefs.

loochy
07-10-2012, 08:50 AM
Boo him while he's doing his job...not at a charity event. Anybody who thinks that's okay is gutless and lacks a moral compass. Geezus people, common decency...?

Who cares where he's at?

BossChief
Cassel should donate 40 million dollars to charity.

BoneKrusher
That's not an appropriate venue for doing that.

i agree this wasn't the right place to boo but he should have expected it.
fans have seen enough of his QB play in KC.

Phobia
07-10-2012, 08:56 AM
When somebody pays you 60 million, charity events ARE part of your job. That said, I wouldn't have booed him there. But I'm not much of a boo-bird anyway.

Mama Hip Rockets
Boos. Save the boos for yourself. Or maybe I should say booze! That is all that is needed for an idiot to make stupid sounds.

ROFL

What a terribly-written, remarkably stupid article.

LOCOChief
Granted Cassel does things for the community....as a professional football player, which is his career, he takes no personal accountability, which seems borderline arrogance and has shown little to no improvement in his game since he became a Chief. As to that, he deserved to get booed.

Takes no personal accountability? That's just fucking stupid.

There is a time and place for everything and like someone else here said if people don't get that they're classless, guttless pos.

As a professional football player he should be booed at the stadium while playing football, not when he's trying to do something for the community.

BoneKrusher
07-10-2012, 08:59 AM
Come September Cassel will have the oppportunity to shut us the **** up, but will he? Or will he continue to whine for fair treatment to the press even though he is a bottom tier QB.

he should consider a new line of work, Quarterbacking in the NFL just isn't his cup o' tea..

hometeam
07-10-2012, 08:59 AM
When you get a 50 milliondollar paycheck, you subject yourself to evaluation by your consumers, whether it be good or bad.

Suck it up pansy ass cassel lovers!

BossChief
07-10-2012, 09:03 AM
the kicker that shall go unnamed probably got bood at these things, too.

LOCOChief
07-10-2012, 09:03 AM
Who cares where he's at?

Buddha just told you who doesn't care where he's at and he's right. Complete lack of civility.

DaKCMan AP
07-10-2012, 09:05 AM

BS. He's not there because he's some philanthropic volunteer do-gooder. It's great that he's participating and I don't doubt that he's doing it for a good reason. However, you and I can be as charitable as possible and we won't be playing in that game. The reason he's in the game is because he's the Chiefs QB. No other reason. Therefore, he's there because it's his job to be there.

LOCOChief
07-10-2012, 09:09 AM
When you get a 50 milliondollar paycheck, you subject yourself to evaluation by your consumers, whether it be good or bad.

Suck it up pansy ass cassel lovers!

If pussies like you could be held accountable for your inappropriate timing of your criticisms I'd bet you'd keep your mouth shut. Someone said here the other day that if they saw Cassel in line at the grocery store they'd boo him. I'd love to see that beat down.

Fish
07-10-2012, 09:11 AM
Matt Cassel,

I apologize for pissing on your leg that night. But man that was awesome!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/02/02/matt-cassel-peed-on-at-su_n_163122.html

Setsuna
07-10-2012, 09:11 AM
Takes no personal accountability? That's just ****ing stupid.

There is a time and place for everything and like someone else here said if people don't get that they're classless, guttless pos.

As a professional football player he should be booed at the stadium while playing football, not when he's trying to do something for the community.

So when he graded out perfectly and never says I could/should have made better decisions, etc, etc during post game pressers, he's taking accountability? Right bro. Go suck off your boy some more.

themanwithnoname
07-10-2012, 09:13 AM

I like how you put a question mark at the end like you don't even know if you agree with what you posted. Gutless and lack of moral compass. :D For fucks sake.

Now if he'd have been booed while helping at Joplin you'd have a point, but its a fucking shitty softball game.

Half the people were probably doing it in jest any way, I mean, what's a crapass QB doing playing in an All Star softball tournament for anyway. :harumph:

Buddha just told you who doesn't care where he's at and he's right. Complete lack of civility.

Oh bullshit. Its not like this is some summit of great minds or anything, its a charity softball game. Them booing him at this even in no way affected the event. I bet those same people booing also cheered plenty (just, you know, probably not for Cassel).

themanwithnoname
07-10-2012, 09:15 AM
If pussies like you could be held accountable for your inappropriate timing of your criticisms I'd bet you'd keep your mouth shut. Someone said here the other day that if they saw Cassel in line at the grocery store they'd boo him. I'd love to see that beat down.

So would I because if Cassel actually had the balls to do anything about it he'd be in jail and no longer the QB of the Chiefs.

Trivers
07-10-2012, 09:15 AM

Agree.

Keep it classy.

loochy
07-10-2012, 09:21 AM

WTF? Held accountable for booing someone? Why is that so bad? It's just a way to show disapproval while in a crowd.

Did you get booed as a small child or something?

Thig Lyfe
07-10-2012, 09:22 AM

ROFL

What a terribly-written, remarkably stupid article.

I'm pretty sure he's quoting Walt Whitman there.

hometeam
07-10-2012, 09:23 AM

LOL

If a sports venue isnt an appropriate place for booing.. wtf is?

loochy
07-10-2012, 09:23 AM
Castle probably did the charity event a DISSERVICE by showing up. They could have found a real, liked celebrity to take his place and boost attendance. Mark Castle isn't exactly a draw...

TRR
07-10-2012, 09:24 AM

Truth. Most everyone on this board wouldn't say a thing to Cassel if they saw him face to face. They would clam up, run home, and pound their keyboards a bit harder.
Posted via Mobile Device

loochy
07-10-2012, 09:26 AM
Truth. Most everyone on this board wouldn't say a thing to Cassel if they saw him face to face. They would clam up, run home, and pound their keyboards a bit harder.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm not understanding your point here. Why would someone start stuff with a large (by normal person standards) professional athlete?

Setsuna
07-10-2012, 09:26 AM
Another thing. Where did all these noobs come from? Or are they mults? :hmmm:

LOCOChief
07-10-2012, 09:30 AM
WTF? Held accountable for booing someone? Why is that so bad? It's just a way to show disapproval while in a crowd.

Did you get booed as a small child or something?

to boo the man outside of the stadium is classless. If it's done when he's "not on the job" it's dissrespect.

He's not my QB and I have booed him at the game, but not at a charity softball event that has nothing to do with football. It's really not that big of a deal to me but there's no denying that peoples position on this reflects their true colors.

Some think it's classless and I'm one of them, you're obviously not.

LOCOChief
07-10-2012, 09:34 AM
Another thing. Where did all these noobs come from? Or are they mults? :hmmm:

you haven't been here 12 months.

Rain Man
07-10-2012, 09:34 AM
Is it possible that they were booing him because they were avid fans of the other all-star team?

But yeah, I'm not going to boo a guy in the offseason.

TRR
07-10-2012, 09:39 AM
I'm not understanding your point here. Why would someone start stuff with a large (by normal person standards) professional athlete?

What are you not understanding? I have seen numerous posters saying that "man if I saw Cassel in person I would....". My point is that they wouldn't. And to expound on the point, if you are man enough to say "I hope Cassel dies" or "I hope he has a career ending injury" then be man enough to say it to him or don't say it at all.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rams Fan
07-10-2012, 09:43 AM
LOL

If a sports venue isnt an appropriate place for booing.. wtf is?

Last I checked, Kauffman Stadium wasn't a football venue.

Hammock Parties
07-10-2012, 09:43 AM
Rodney Lay must die.

The Franchise
07-10-2012, 09:46 AM

Yeah....because I'm sure Castle would whip your ass for booing him at a grocery store. :rolleyes:

Dayze
07-10-2012, 09:47 AM
his punches would just miss anyway.

DaKCMan AP
to boo the man outside of the stadium is classless. If it's done when he's "not on the job" it's dissrespect.

He's not my QB and I have booed him at the game, but not at a charity softball event that has nothing to do with football. It's really not that big of a deal to me but there's no denying that peoples position on this reflects their true colors.

Some think it's classless and I'm one of them, you're obviously not.

How does it have nothing to do with football? He's not there because he's Matt Cassel. He's not there because he's a charitable guy. He's there because he's the Chiefs QB - his job - football.

LOCOChief
What are you not understanding? I have seen numerous posters saying that "man if I saw Cassel in person I would....". My point is that they wouldn't. And to expound on the point, if you are man enough to say "I hope Cassel dies" or "I hope he has a career ending injury" then be man enough to say it to him or don't say it at all.
Posted via Mobile Device

:clap: right on!

LOCOChief
07-10-2012, 09:48 AM
How does it have nothing to do with football? He's not there because he's Matt Cassel. He's not there because he's a charitable guy. He's there because he's the Chiefs QB - his job - football.

Tell me, how the hell do you know this?

loochy
07-10-2012, 09:49 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

1.) Why would you expect someone to say that to his face?
2.) You DO know that most of the stuff said on here is just made up exaggeration, right? I don't REALLY want Cassel to die, I just want him to not be a QB anymore.
3.) What do you mean by "man enough to say"? What does being a man have to do with spewing verbal internet diarrhea?

Rain Man
07-10-2012, 09:50 AM
Last I checked, Kauffman Stadium wasn't a football venue.

And it's a stretch to say that it's a legitimate sporting venue, too.

DaKCMan AP
07-10-2012, 09:50 AM
Tell me, how the hell do you know this?

Because it was an All-Star celebrity softball game.

loochy
07-10-2012, 09:51 AM
He played in a softball game! Oh boy, he really went above and beyond this time!

Damn, I wish my soccer games counted as charity events. I'd be the most charitable guy EVER!

Fish

This is true... and if you just ran towards him scarylike, it's likely he'd instinctively curl up on the floor.

DaKCMan AP
Posted via Mobile Device

I don't agree with wishing injury or death upon others. That being said, why are you sexist?

loochy
Booing him in no way limited the amount of money that the charity received.

Reerun_KC
07-10-2012, 09:52 AM
WOW the stupidity that comes out when talking about Cassel is beyond stupid...

I swear you lose 100 IQ points everytime you open a Cassel thread... How do some of you even know how to type or turn on a computer???

Its mind blowing some of you guys can even breath.

Dayze
2.) You DO know that most of the stuff said on here is just made up exaggeration, right? I don't REALLY want Cassel to die, I just want him to not be a QB anymore.3.) What do you mean by "man enough to say"? What does being a man have to do with spewing verbal internet diarrhea?

yep.

if everything here was taken literally, we'd all have a hard time finding:
1. an AIDS tree
1.a - and if we did find one, no one knows how to grab a fist full of it.
2. tire fires

RealSNR
Matt Cassel is a terrible human being. I wish death upon him not just for being a terrible QB, but just for being alive. Also so I can rape his wife.

BoneKrusher
07-10-2012, 09:53 AM

ROFL
thats fo sho

Reerun_KC
Matt Cassel is a terrible human being. I wish death upon him not just for being a terrible QB, but just for being alive. Also so I can rape his wife.

And exhibit #1

durtyrute
People have booed Joe Montana. People have booed Derek Jeter. People have booed Micheal Jordan. If you don't want the criticism then don't be a professional athlete, or anyone in the spotlight for that matter. Hell, Kate Upton got kicked out of some place for showing the goods. SHE WAS KICKED OUT FOR SHOWING TITS!!! Sorry Matty, but if that can happen in this world then you sure as hell can get booed, anywhere.

And yes I say "home of the CHIEFS" every time I hear the National Anthem. If you don't like it then BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO................

Fish
07-10-2012, 09:54 AM
WOW the stupidity that comes out when talking about Cassel is beyond stupid...

I swear you lose 100 IQ points everytime you open a Cassel thread... How do some of you even know how to type or turn on a computer???

Its mind blowing some of you guys can even breath.

Ohh sweet irony.....

Reerun_KC
07-10-2012, 09:55 AM
Ohh sweet irony.....

Well hello precious. How are you?

LOCOChief
07-10-2012, 09:56 AM
Because it was an All-Star celebrity softball game.

No, how do you know he's not a charitable guy? My opinion is it wasn't the right time or place for it.

He's not required to participate just because it's a charitable event and he plays for the Chiefs.

loochy
07-10-2012, 09:56 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/D_nRlNuE0rk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TRR
07-10-2012, 09:58 AM
2.) You DO know that most of the stuff said on here is just made up exaggeration, right? I don't REALLY want Cassel to die, I just want him to not be a QB anymore.
3.) What do you mean by "man enough to say"? What does being a man have to do with spewing verbal internet diarrhea?

(1). I don't expect it. Posters say they would ALL the time. And my point is if you can say it on a message board then you should be able to say it to his face.

(2) For you it may be exaggeration. Although when I lie or exaggerate I prefer to do it in a possitive manner. Some here take it to another level.

(3) It's an expression. Be man/woman enough...be honest enough with yourself to say it to someone if given the opportunity rather than just pound keyboards on an anonymous board.
Posted via Mobile Device

luv
07-10-2012, 09:58 AM
I wasn't a fan of booing Cassel in this instance. If it was at Arrowhead during a football game, then go for it. At a charitable event for no reason? Not cool.

Reerun_KC
07-10-2012, 09:59 AM
I wasn't a fan of booing Cassel in this instance. If it was at Arrowhead during a football game, then go for it. At a charitable event for no reason? Not cool.

Well he shouldnt of been there, He isnt a charitable guy, so you have a right to boo him for being in a charity event...

loochy
07-10-2012, 09:59 AM

Oh, there was a reason alright.

BoneKrusher
07-10-2012, 10:00 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/D_nRlNuE0rk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ROFL
that's our Elite QB right there.

The Franchise
07-10-2012, 10:00 AM
If I paid money to go see a charity softball game......I'll boo whoever the fuck I want.

Reerun_KC
07-10-2012, 10:01 AM
If I paid money to go see a charity softball game......I'll boo whoever the **** I want.

Especially guys there who are not charitable...

LOCOChief
07-10-2012, 10:01 AM

Like the time you told me you had cancer. I pm'd you and let you know that I was sorry to hear that and if I could ever do anything for you let me know. Then you pm'd me back and said you lied and you actually don't have cancer.

Now you talk about raping his wife? It's really easy to see what kind of man you're not and what kind of scumbag you are.

Sleep good bitch.

loochy
07-10-2012, 10:02 AM
If I paid money to go see a charity softball game......I'll boo whoever the fuck I want.

Boo this guy:

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/3032499_o.gif

durtyrute

Luv, the tits on your avi are fabulous. Do you happen to know her name?

luv
Oh, there was a reason alright.

He sucked at softball, too?

loochy
07-10-2012, 10:03 AM
He sucked at softball, too?

That...and they didnt want him to dance again

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Vaq3G4utKWE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gonzo
07-10-2012, 10:05 AM

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Gonzo
Like the time you told me you had cancer. I pm'd you and let you know that I was sorry to hear that and if I could ever do anything for you let me know. Then you pm'd me back and said you lied and you actually don't have cancer.

Now you talk about raping his wife? It's really easy to see what kind of man you're not and what kind of scumbag you are.

Sleep good bitch.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Gonzo
What now, BITCH?

loochy
07-10-2012, 10:06 AM
What now, BITCH?

You are a scumbag because you said the B word

Gonzo
07-10-2012, 10:07 AM
You are a scumbag because you said the B word

I'll fucking Boo you too.
You fucked up my god damned value meal.

Reerun_KC
07-10-2012, 10:07 AM

Sleep good bitch.

Tell me this isnt true?

Reerun_KC
07-10-2012, 10:08 AM
I'll ****ing Boo you too.
You ****ed up my god damned value meal.

ROFL

Gonzo
07-10-2012, 10:08 AM
Tell me this isnt true?

This isn't true?

Reerun_KC
07-10-2012, 10:09 AM
This isn't true?:harumph: Liar

The Franchise
07-10-2012, 10:11 AM
Tell me this isnt true?

What the fuck does it matter if it is?

luv
07-10-2012, 10:12 AM
That...and they didnt want him to dance again

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Vaq3G4utKWE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm not a fan of Cassel as a quarterback. That doesn't mean I'm going to boo him at a charity event. IMO, that's classless. If you paid to get in just to boo someone, then you missed the whole point of the game. Good quarterback or not, he is a professional athlete, which makes him a celebrity. It was a celebrity softball game.

Reerun_KC
07-10-2012, 10:13 AM
What the **** does it matter if it is?

Because I want to know if it was true or not... And I really dont give a shit if you give a shit or not.

So pound sand.

Setsuna
07-10-2012, 10:14 AM
Bleeding hearts = bleeding pussies

themanwithnoname
07-10-2012, 10:15 AM
Booing him in no way limited the amount of money that the charity received.

Shit, sell tickets for a chance to sound off on Cassel and you'll raise so much fucking money that you'll be able to pack Arrowhead for a week straight and probably cure cancer.

Hammock Parties
07-10-2012, 10:17 AM

Dwayne Bowe swings the biggest, chocolatiest penis in the AFC West!

Messier
07-10-2012, 10:20 AM
Bleeding hearts = bleeding pussies

Cold hearts = cold pussies

Trivers
07-10-2012, 10:22 AM
Well he shouldnt of been there, He isnt a charitable guy, so you have a right to boo him for being in a charity event...

No you don't.

Be classy.

Reerun_KC
07-10-2012, 10:23 AM
No you don't.

Be classy.

that was pure sarcasm...

Dackman AP said Cassel isnt charitable...

DaKCMan AP
07-10-2012, 10:25 AM
No, how do you know he's not a charitable guy? My opinion is it wasn't the right time or place for it.

He's not required to participate just because it's a charitable event and he plays for the Chiefs.

Reading comprehension. I didn't say he wasn't a charitable guy. I said he wasn't there because he's a charitable guy. There's a difference.

loochy
Cassel had better be charitable...because Pioli and Hunt sure are to Cassel

loochy
Reading comprehension. I didn't say he wasn't a charitable guy. I said he wasn't there because he's a charitable guy. There's a difference.

SHUTUP AND DON'T QUESTION TEH CASTLE

HE IS OUR GOD NOW

ALL HAIL THE SUPER CHARITABLE CASTLE

Trivers
07-10-2012, 10:26 AM
that was pure sarcasm...

Sorry, I missed the meter. My regrets.

The Franchise
07-10-2012, 10:26 AM
If Ricky Stanzi was the starting QB....he would have been there.

DaKCMan AP
07-10-2012, 10:27 AM
that was pure sarcasm...

ROFL

At least I expect reading comprehension fail from you..

The Franchise
Sorry, I missed the meter. My regrets.

If you're going to neg rep me.....make it count.

DaKCMan AP
No you don't.

Be classy.

You have the right to disagree with people booing, just as they have the right to boo. Who the hell are you to say that an American doesn't have the right to boo?

vailpass
07-10-2012, 10:28 AM
Robinson Canoe approves this message.

Sorter
07-10-2012, 10:29 AM
:clap:Robinson Canoe approves this message.

InChiefsHeaven
If Ricky Stanzi was the starting QB....he would have been there.

Ironically, if he HAD been there he would have received a standing ovation...

Trivers
If you're going to neg rep me.....make it count.

Sorry, I'll send a Positive one back! :thumb:

Reerun_KC
07-10-2012, 10:30 AM
ROFL

At least I expect reading comprehension fail from you..

How do you know hes not a charitable guy? And how do you know what he did or didnt donate to charity...

Reerun_KC
07-10-2012, 10:30 AM
You have the right to disagree with people booing, just as they have the right to boo. Who the hell are you to say that an American doesn't have the right to boo?

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Non Awesome people...

luv
07-10-2012, 10:31 AM
How do you know hes not a charitable guy? And how do you know what he did or didnt donate to charity...

He is a charitable guy, but that's not why he was there.

The Franchise
07-10-2012, 10:31 AM

:facepalm:

He's saying that he's not there because he's a charitable guy....he's there because he was required to be.

DaKCMan AP
07-10-2012, 10:32 AM

Thanks for proving my point. JFC you're stupid.

I didn't say he wasn't a charitable guy. I said he wasn't there because he's a charitable guy. There's a difference

loochy
07-10-2012, 10:32 AM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Non Awesome people...

YOU CANT DO THAT

YOU DONT HAVE THE RIGHT

THIS IS NOT THE PLACE

STAY CLASSY

YOU WOULDNT SAY THAT TO THEIR FACES

Setsuna
07-10-2012, 10:33 AM
Cold hearts = cold pussies

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL Just because I support the booing of a professional athlete makes me cold hearted? I guess making jokes about some kid diced in a wood chipper would make me a saint? Fuck you rochambeau

vailpass
07-10-2012, 10:33 AM
If you accept public figure money you accept public figure treatment.

Reerun_KC
07-10-2012, 10:35 AM
:facepalm:

He's saying that he's not there because he's a charitable guy....he's there because he was required to be.

Again go fuck yourself and put me on ignore....

loochy
07-10-2012, 10:35 AM

nope. charity events are exempt for some reason.

Reerun_KC
07-10-2012, 10:36 AM
Thanks for proving my point. JFC you're stupid.

I didn't say he wasn't a charitable guy. I said he wasn't there because he's a charitable guy. There's a difference

So how charitable was he?

vailpass
nope. charity events are exempt for some reason.

Oh, thanks.
Charity events and home run derbys.
Got it.

loochy
ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL Just because I support the booing of a professional athlete makes me cold hearted? I guess making jokes about some kid diced in a wood chipper would make me a saint? Fuck you rochambeau

matt cassel cares so much about this city and this team that to him, getting booed is WORSE than getting diced in a wood chipper

DaKCMan AP
07-10-2012, 10:37 AM
So how charitable was he?

What's the relevance? I wasn't commenting on his charitableness.

The Franchise
Oh, thanks.
Got it.

:D

loochy
Oh, thanks.
Got it.

speaking of home run derbies...don't forget that royals are NOT allowed

RealSNR

Sleep good bitch.It's pretty obvious I was joking in that post. Even so, I apologized sincerely via PM. And you're still upset about it.

I can't help you any more, sir.

Bugeater
07-10-2012, 10:38 AM
No shit. The bleeding twats in this thread are ridiculous. If you don't want to be booed, either stop sucking at your job or fucking retire and go live in obscurity somewhere. Christ.

vailpass
07-10-2012, 10:39 AM

Sleep good bitch.

ROFL SNR this would be a killer sig line for you...

The Franchise
07-10-2012, 10:40 AM
Again go fuck yourself and put me on ignore....

You aren't good enough to be put on ignore.

Reerun_KC
07-10-2012, 10:40 AM
You aren't good enough to be put on ignore.

That is true.. Dammit I hate you... :)

Setsuna
07-10-2012, 10:41 AM
matt cassel cares so much about this city and this team that to him, getting booed is WORSE than getting diced in a wood chipper

LMAO LMAO LMAO loochy your trolling in this thread has been epic. Hats off to you good sir. :clap: :usa:

vailpass
07-10-2012, 10:42 AM
No shit. The bleeding twats in this thread are ridiculous. If you don't want to be booed, either stop sucking at your job or ****ing retire and go live in obscurity somewhere. Christ.

I'm guessing they care about Cassell getting booed a whole hell of a lot more than Cassell. He probably hopped in his new car and laughed about it on the way to his mansion while calling the automated bank line just to hear his balance.

RealSNR
ROFL SNR this would be a killer sig line for you...I'm thinking about it.

I mean, I posted the cancer joke on the DC forum and he's the only one who sent me a get well soon message either via post or PM. Meaning he's the only guy who fell for it.

I guess my big question is where was YOUR get well card for me, asshole?

outhega
It would have been cooler if, when he was introduced, the stadium just when deathly silent. Like hear a pin pierce a gnats fart from a mile away type silent. Then, when the next guy was introduced, erupt into applause again.

vailpass
I'm thinking about it.

I mean, I posted the cancer joke on the DC forum and he's the only one who sent me a get well soon message either via post or PM. Meaning he's the only guy who fell for it.

I guess my big question is where was YOUR get well card for me, asshole?

Brother I was too shook up to write.

loochy
07-10-2012, 10:44 AM
LMAO LMAO LMAO loochy your trolling in this thread has been epic. Hats off to you good sir. :clap: :usa:

No no, this is just wrong. How dare ANYBODY boo MATT FREAKING CASSEL! That man has given his heart and soul to this city...and to YOU, THE FANS. This is how you repay him? With boos? This is so bad...it approaches Hitler-like status.

loochy
07-10-2012, 10:44 AM
It would have been cooler if, when he was introduced, the stadium just when deathly silent. Like hear a pin pierce a gnats fart from a mile away type silent. Then, when the next guy was introduced, erupt into applause again.

No, that's messed up. This is a charity event man.

RealSNR
07-10-2012, 10:47 AM
Matt Cassel = Hitler.

Are you saying that you would boo Hitler at a celebrity softball game if he donated his time and effort to help all the Aryan families living in Joplin after the tornado disaster? I mean sure, he's not in Germany putting Jews to death, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't boo him just because he did a nice thing and now wants to have some fun.

vailpass
07-10-2012, 10:48 AM
Are we talking the full-size Hitler or the mini-Hitler here?

loochy
07-10-2012, 10:49 AM
Matt Cassel = Hitler.

Are you saying that you would boo Hitler at a celebrity softball game if he donated his time and effort to help all the Aryan families living in Joplin after the tornado disaster? I mean sure, he's not in Germany putting Jews to death, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't boo him just because he did a nice thing and now wants to have some fun.

charity = no boo

loochy
07-10-2012, 10:50 AM
Are we talking the full-size Hitler or the mini-Hitler here?

moustachioed, slicked hair having, ranting and raving, non aryan, FULL SIZED HITLER

vailpass
07-10-2012, 10:50 AM
moustachioed, slicked hair having, ranting and raving, non aryan, FULL SIZED HITLER

Oh my. Still, I have to go with Ditka.

loochy
07-10-2012, 10:51 AM
Oh my. Still, I have to go with Ditka.

da bears

daaaaa bears da bears da bears

da bulls

Rukdafaidas
07-10-2012, 10:59 AM
I'll preface this by saying that I haven't read this thread. But, why boo him?
It's not like he's a bad guy that's not trying. He seems to be a great guy that sincerely wants to do well, he just doesn't have the ability to do any better.
Sure, I want a better QB just as much as all of you, but I didn't boo him. If you want to boo someone, boo the people that send him out there every week to play QB.
I was there and I thought it was pretty classless.

Hammock Parties
07-10-2012, 11:01 AM

Because he fucking sucks, gets paid for it, and ruins my fucking Sunday.

So fuck him. He needs to feel bad about it.

buddha
07-10-2012, 11:13 AM
I like how you put a question mark at the end like you don't even know if you agree with what you posted. Gutless and lack of moral compass. :D For ****s sake.

Now if he'd have been booed while helping at Joplin you'd have a point, but its a ****ing shitty softball game.

Half the people were probably doing it in jest any way, I mean, what's a crapass QB doing playing in an All Star softball tournament for anyway. :harumph:

Oh bullshit. Its not like this is some summit of great minds or anything, its a charity softball game. Them booing him at this even in no way affected the event. I bet those same people booing also cheered plenty (just, you know, probably not for Cassel).

No...the question mark was there for a very different reason. If you can't figure it out, c'est la vie.

Nice how some of you go to the, "he makes millions of dollars so this is his job..." Also incredibly stupid and WRONG. There are plenty of highly paid performers who don't do dick for any charity.

I'm not a Cassel guy in the least, but civility matters to me (and apparently quite a few others on this board).

Here's the difference, it was hilarious that David Stern got booed hard and often at the recent NBA draft every time he came up to the podium. He was there doing his schtick and the fans did theirs...no harm, no foul. An athlete who shows up to a charity event doesn't deserve to be booed at that event...period. Go to the first preseason game and smoke his ass.

If you disagree with this...go home and kiss the wolf mother who raised you! ROFL

RealSNR
07-10-2012, 11:14 AM
It's not like he's a bad guy that's not trying. He seems to be a great guy that sincerely wants to do well, he just doesn't have the ability to do any better.
Sure, I want a better QB just as much as all of you, but I didn't boo him. If you want to boo someone, boo the people that send him out there every week to play QB.
I was there and I thought it was pretty classless.Because he's a terrible person.

RealSNR
07-10-2012, 11:17 AM
No...the question mark was there for a very different reason. If you can't figure it out, c'est la vie.

Nice how some of you go to the, "he makes millions of dollars so this is his job..." Also incredibly stupid and WRONG. There are plenty of highly paid performers who don't do dick for any charity.

I'm not a Cassel guy in the least, but civility matters to me (and apparently quite a few others on this board).

Here's the difference, it was hilarious that David Stern got booed hard and often at the recent NBA draft every time he came up to the podium. He was there doing his schtick and the fans did theirs...no harm, no foul. An athlete who shows up to a charity event doesn't deserve to be booed at that event...period. Go to the first preseason game and smoke his ass.

If you disagree with this...go home and kiss the wolf mother who raised you! ROFL
I would but my wolf mother died from cancer 5 years ago.

Asshole.

RealSNR
07-10-2012, 11:20 AM
Dwayne Bowe swings the biggest, chocolatiest penis in the AFC West!
You better incorporate that into your next Bowe Show highlight video. Maybe as your video description when you post it on the RTC Facebook feed.

Hammock Parties
07-10-2012, 11:21 AM
An athlete who shows up to a charity event doesn't deserve to be booed at that event...period

You listen to me, buddha, and you listen good you fat piece of meditating eastern shit.

I don't give a fuck what Matthew Brennan Cassel deserves.

Did that fucker deserve to play quarterback in college? NO! And he didn't. Did he deserve to get drafted into the NFL high in the draft? NO! And he didn't. He got taken with a late round pick because everyone knew he was a piece of shit.

Did he deserve to enter a game in replacement of Tom Brady? Fuck no, but he got that chance and farted and fell backwards into 10 wins because he got to beat down on Trent Edwards a couple times.

Did he deserve $60 million ill-gotten Hunt dollars? Did he deserve a second, third and now fourth chance to be our quarterback? Fuck all that shit. He didn't deserve any of that shit.

He deserves this, so he's gonna get it, because that lucky sack of shit needs some fucking misery in his undeserved life.

buddha
07-10-2012, 11:27 AM
You listen to me, buddha, and you listen good you fat piece of meditating eastern shit.

I don't give a **** what Matthew Brennan Cassel deserves.

Did that ****er deserve to play quarterback in college? NO! And he didn't. Did he deserve to get drafted into the NFL high in the draft? NO! And he didn't. He got taken with a late round pick because everyone knew he was a piece of shit.

Did he deserve to enter a game in replacement of Tom Brady? **** no, but he got that chance and farted and fell backwards into 10 wins because he got to beat down on Trent Edwards a couple times.

Did he deserve $60 million ill-gotten Hunt dollars? Did he deserve a second, third and now fourth chance to be our quarterback? **** all that shit. He didn't deserve any of that shit.

He deserves this, so he's gonna get it, because that lucky sack of shit needs some ****ing misery in his undeserved life.

Toadie...that was actually funny. That was some damn fine knowledge about Cassel's life history. I don't know that much about players I like...nor do I care to.

BTW, this isn't about Cassel...it's about the charity. :shake:

vailpass
07-10-2012, 11:29 AM
Kalifornians are fundamentally fucked for the most part.

DeezNutz
07-10-2012, 11:29 AM

I would have gladly booed Pioli, but I had to settle for booing his son.

loochy
07-10-2012, 11:30 AM
Toadie...that was actually funny. That was some damn fine knowledge about Cassel's life history. I don't know that much about players I like...nor do I care to.

Ok then how does booing affect the charity?

RealSNR
07-10-2012, 11:30 AM

The money is still in the charity's coffers. The fans could lynch Matt Cassel and the charity money wouldn't go away.

It has nothing to do with the charity.

Hammock Parties
07-10-2012, 11:33 AM
The money is still in the charity's coffers. The fans could lynch Matt Cassel and the charity money wouldn't go away.

It has nothing to do with the charity.

Even if booing magicked away money every time, I'd still boo.

It's your fault, Matt.

Leave now, and never come back.

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/987331_o.gif

stonedstooge
I wonder if Casshole received an appearance fee?

Reerun_KC
What's the relevance? I wasn't commenting on his charitableness.

yeah, I fucked that up. I got nothing...:D

Reerun_KC
07-10-2012, 11:34 AM
I wonder if Casshole received an appearance fee?

I hope so.

Just to piss people on here off...

buddha
07-10-2012, 11:39 AM
vailpass, who asked you, you donkey piece of shit? BTW, I'm not from CA, so insult it all you want.

SNR...I always thought you were brighter than this. How many charities do you know who think it's a positive to have guest participants booed at their events? There is more than money involved.

Sorry to those who didn't get the requisite, "Hurumphs" when the Cassel bashing starts. We all know that is the first rule of CP...get in line and bash away.:clap:

The Rick
07-10-2012, 11:42 AM
Booing Cassel at the All-Star Celebrity Softball game, being hosted in Kansas City, kind of has the feel of airing your dirty laundry on national TV.

The fact is that Kansas City's opportunities to present itself on a national stage are rare, and this year, when we finally get another shot, we go all Jerry Springer-like with the rest of the country watching. Classless. :shake:

The Franchise
Kalifornians are fundamentally fucked for the most part.

Thanks! :D

Hammock Parties
Booing Cassel at a the All-Star Celebrity Softball game, being hosted in Kansas City, kind of has the feel of airing your dirty laundry on national TV.

The world must know about the atrocities committed by the Patriot Way in Kansas City.

The Rick
07-10-2012, 11:46 AM
The world must know about the atrocities committed by the Patriot Way in Kansas City.
:)

Hammock Parties
07-10-2012, 11:50 AM
If These Walls Could Talk 2

http://i.imgur.com/4BxbT.jpg

vailpass
07-10-2012, 11:50 AM
Thanks! :D

So-Kals.
Present company excluded, of course.

vailpass
07-10-2012, 11:52 AM
If These Walls Could Talk 2

http://i.imgur.com/4BxbT.jpg

Are those lower level seats orange?

ChiefsCountry
07-10-2012, 11:54 AM
Are those lower level seats orange?

Yep. Didn't have enough red ones when they built the place in the 70's, so they went with orange. Lamar liked it, so they kept it when they redid the place.

NJChiefsFan
07-10-2012, 11:55 AM
Booing Cassel at the All-Star Celebrity Softball game, being hosted in Kansas City, kind of has the feel of airing your dirty laundry on national TV.

The fact is that Kansas City's opportunities to present itself on a national stage are rare, and this year, when we finally get another shot, we go all Jerry Springer-like with the rest of the country watching. Classless. :shake:

I think a majority of sports fans around the country can appreciate our anger towards the Chiefs QB situation. I don't really think people judged off of that. Maybe if we had a QB to get us through the playoffs KC would have more times on the national stage to impress people.

All anybody took away from the All-Star festivities so far is how much the announcers and Adam Jones enjoy your BBQ.

stonedstooge
07-10-2012, 11:55 AM
Yep. Didn't have enough red ones when they built the place in the 70's, so they went with orange. Lamar liked it, so they kept it when they redid the place.

It's cheaper to keep them then replace them/Clark

vailpass
07-10-2012, 11:56 AM

Thanks, didn't know that. WTF, was there a red seat shortage back then?
A rival's colors for your seating. That's strange.

loochy
07-10-2012, 12:02 PM
That's strange.

So is bitching about booing a terrible QB.

loochy
07-10-2012, 12:04 PM
I'm not from CA, so insult it all you want.

So you just put your location as California for fun?

How many charities do you know who think it's a positive to have guest participants booed at their events?

Perhaps the charities should be a bit more careful in who they choose.

There is more than money involved.

Not with Matt Cassel.

Sorry to those who didn't get the requisite, "Hurumphs" when the Cassel bashing starts. We all know that is the first rule of CP...get in line and bash away.:clap:

What's wrong with bashing incredibly crappy things?

vailpass
07-10-2012, 12:06 PM
So is bitching about booing a terrible QB.
MATT HAS FEELINGS TOO!!!!!

Titty Meat
07-10-2012, 12:11 PM
What a fag

ChiefsCountry
07-10-2012, 12:27 PM
Thanks, didn't know that. WTF, was there a red seat shortage back then?
A rival's colors for your seating. That's strange.

Chairback seating was a new thing for the 70's.

vailpass
07-10-2012, 12:33 PM
Chairback seating was a new thing for the 70's.

Got ya', thanks.

LOCOChief
07-10-2012, 12:35 PM
It's pretty obvious I was joking in that post. Even so, I apologized sincerely via PM. And you're still upset about it.

I can't help you any more, sir.

Help yourself, I don't need it. I don't have a problem with what you said to me as I don't give a shit what someone like you thinks. Talking about raping someones wife joking or not says alot about you as a person and is on par with past your behavior.

People (me included) have got to know we're going to run into your kind saying shit like this on a message board. I'm not hurt by it in the least, but this place has gone downhill the last couple of years with shit like this and I used to like the board.

loochy
07-10-2012, 12:37 PM
this place has gone downhill the last couple of years with shit like this and I used to like the board.

http://www.nationofblue.com/content/attachments/11704d1339509517-well_bye.jpg

Bane
07-10-2012, 12:38 PM
"People are short-sighted and dim-witted. Anyone who is watching this team develop knows that Matt Cassel has done a superb job with a team that is being built around him"

ROFL

RealSNR
07-10-2012, 12:41 PM
SNR...I always thought you were brighter than this. How many charities do you know who think it's a positive to have guest participants booed at their events? There is more than money involved.
The crowd booed one participant out of how many?

Hell, Bill Self got booed as well. But I don't think it's atrocious or terrible. I certainly wouldn't write something on bleacher report apologizing to Bill Self about it.

Matt's a big boy. He knows the fans are getting sick of his shit. It's not a big deal, really. The charity softball game continued play like normal.

ChiefsCountry
07-10-2012, 12:44 PM
The crowd booed one participant out of how many?

Hell, Bill Self got booed as well. But I don't think it's atrocious or terrible. I certainly wouldn't write something on bleacher report apologizing to Bill Self about it.

Matt's a big boy. He knows the fans are getting sick of his shit. It's not a big deal, really. The charity softball game continued play like normal.

Yep he is a professional athlete, it comes with the territory. Don't suck ass and you won't get booed, especially if you are the so called "face" of the franchise.

whoman69
07-10-2012, 12:49 PM
I think we need an apology from the apologist. To say that Cassel put up Pro Bowl numbers in 2010 is to say that the author only looks at TD-Int ratio. Cassel had the league's best run game that year while his pass game was 30th of 32 teams. He was amongst the lowest in the league in YPA and had a very mediocre completion percentage. He threw a lot of touchdowns because the run game got them into the red zone.

In his overall game he cannot get past his first progression leading to check downs that aren't always open. He holds onto the ball too long leading to sacks. He gets panic feet when rushed. He cannot throw downfield. He does not make the team around him better. Alex Smith blows away his skillset. There is a reason he didn't start a game in college.

BoneKrusher
07-10-2012, 01:13 PM

Then Pioli should get credit, he deserves it.
afterall he stuck the Chiefs with this POS QB.

Frazod
07-10-2012, 01:16 PM
I think we need an apology from the apologist. To say that Cassel put up Pro Bowl numbers in 2010 is to say that the author only looks at TD-Int ratio. Cassel had the league's best run game that year while his pass game was 30th of 32 teams. He was amongst the lowest in the league in YPA and had a very mediocre completion percentage. He threw a lot of touchdowns because the run game got them into the red zone.

In his overall game he cannot get past his first progression leading to check downs that aren't always open. He holds onto the ball too long leading to sacks. He gets panic feet when rushed. He cannot throw downfield. He does not make the team around him better. Alex Smith blows away his skillset. There is a reason he didn't start a game in college.

Let's not forget about the powder puff schedule, either. 2010 was as flukey as Denver's season was last year.

Of course, they had the good sense to shitcan their crappy quarterback.

Rausch
07-10-2012, 01:16 PM
"People are short-sighted and dim-witted. Anyone who is watching this team develop knows that Matt Cassel has done a superb job with a team that is being built around him"

ROFL

I was done after that...

vailpass
07-10-2012, 01:17 PM
I was done after that...

What? The other teams in the West voted on it and we all agreed building the Chiefs around Cassell is a great idea.

Rausch
07-10-2012, 01:20 PM
What? The other teams in the West voted on it and we all agreed building the Chiefs around Cassell is a great idea.

The only way KC avoids having the worst QB in the AFCW is if Manning has another back/neck injury...

BoneKrusher
07-10-2012, 01:21 PM

yeah i bet those defenses in the West would be more than happy to get two shots a year at "mister shit my pants" at QB for the Chiefs.

those games are translated to easy wins
ROFL

Beef Supreme
07-10-2012, 01:28 PM

What he said. I would like a new QB as much as the next guy, but that doesn't excuse being a douche at a charity event.

Rausch
07-10-2012, 01:29 PM
What he said. I would like a new QB as much as the next guy, but that doesn't excuse being a douche at a charity event.

Is he playing a game people paid to see?

Beef Supreme
07-10-2012, 01:37 PM
Is he playing a game people paid to see?

I fully support their right to boo him. Freedom of speech....he deserves the boos....they paid to be there...I get it. It doesn't make them any less douche-like for doing it at a charity event.

Hammock Parties
07-10-2012, 01:38 PM
It doesn't make them any less douche-like for doing it at a charity event.

Sacrifices must be made.

vailpass
07-10-2012, 01:58 PM
Sacrifices must be made.

LMAO that was funny

Baby Lee
07-10-2012, 02:09 PM

This argument might carry a little more weight if the author had said "sure Cassel sucks as an NFL QB, but he was a good guy doing a good thing that day. Save your boos for when he shits his pants again this fall."

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-10-2012, 02:18 PM
Well, if Rodney says so...

DJJasonp
07-10-2012, 02:23 PM
An Apology to Matt Cassel
Rodney Lay l Bleacher Report
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1252533-an-apology-to-matt-cassel-from-a-real-chiefs-fan

So, after the apology, here is a thank you for doing your part, and doing it much better than you should have with what you were given to work with.

I for one am glad to have Matt Cassel playing quarterback for the Kansas City Chiefs in 2012.

And for the boozers? Shut up!

Robinson Cano's father endorses and approves this article.

KCDC
07-10-2012, 03:30 PM
Cassel deserves to be booed to let him know that we know that he is not a decent NFL QB. He seems to think otherwise, so a bit of rude awakening is in order.

Having said that, I think the classier thing would have been to boo him at Arrowhead to deliver the message loud and clear. A bit of politeness when encountering Matt in at a charity event or in the grocery store is a good policy.

Now, if I met Pioli in the grocery store, I would politely ask him "you do realize why the fans are booing Cassel and why every objective reviewer of QB effectiveness has Cassel at the bottom of the list, right? You are just saying grand things about Matt because you hope he'll find his groove like he did for a few games in 2010, right?" I'd keep it polite and hope that he would give me a wink or a nod to acknowledge that Cassel's on his last legs unless he performs.

Frankly, I hope he does have a Pro Bowl year this year, if it means we can win a playoff game or two this year.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-10-2012, 03:39 PM
Cassel deserves to be booed to let him know that we know that he is not a decent NFL QB. He seems to think otherwise, so a bit of rude awakening is in order.

Having said that, I think the classier thing would have been to boo him at Arrowhead to deliver the message loud and clear. A bit of politeness when encountering Matt in at a charity event or in the grocery store is a good policy.

Now, if I met Pioli in the grocery store, I would politely ask him "you do realize why the fans are booing Cassel and why every objective reviewer of QB effectiveness has Cassel at the bottom of the list, right? You are just saying grand things about Matt because you hope he'll find his groove like he did for a few games in 2010, right?" I'd keep it polite and hope that he would give me a wink or a nod to acknowledge that Cassel's on his last legs unless he performs.

Frankly, I hope he does have a Pro Bowl year this year, if it means we can win a playoff game or two this year.

I disagree. Doing this spills over to an otherwise excellent football team. AND, it's during competition against another team.

The best way to boo Cassel is to tell him to his face, off the field or leaving it, that he sucks. If you live in KC, you may be presented with this opportunity.

Sieze the opportunity, grasshopper.

whoman69
07-10-2012, 03:51 PM
Let's not forget about the powder puff schedule, either. 2010 was as flukey as Denver's season was last year.

Of course, they had the good sense to shitcan their crappy quarterback.

Goatcheese won't let us forget that, or tell us that we have the toughest schedule in 100 years coming up this season.

Rausch
07-10-2012, 03:55 PM

It's not up to the $#itty employee to fire himself. It's the boss' job.

Everything I've heard is he's a great guy. I don't want to ruin the guy's life I just want his boss to know I'm not paying to see a nice guy every sunday.

I want to see football players play well and win games...

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-10-2012, 03:58 PM

Everything I've heard is he's a great guy. I don't want to ruin the guy's life I just want his boss to know I'm not paying to see a nice guy every sunday.

I vote we send Larry Lumpkin to visit his ass:

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/51/515112m.jpg

Thig Lyfe
07-10-2012, 04:04 PM
Is Matt Cassel the worst person in history?

Yes.

Rausch
07-10-2012, 04:05 PM
Goatcheese won't let us forget that, or tell us that we have the toughest schedule in 100 years coming up this season.

Whut?

I think it's the easiest in years...

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-10-2012, 04:05 PM

Yes.

He's certainly no Lumpkin.

07-10-2012, 04:10 PM
Especially guys there who are not charitable...

Cassel is very charitable. Haven't you seen his turnovers?

BoneKrusher
07-10-2012, 06:42 PM

yeah i agree with this.

i feel bad at times because i'm so anti Cassel (the QB) i'm sure i'd like him otherwise.
i want a winner at QB and Cassel happens to be in the way.

RealSNR
07-10-2012, 06:48 PM

Yes.
<3

Hammock Parties
07-10-2012, 06:51 PM
Delete this fucking thread.

Seeing the title boils my rage.

Hammock Parties
07-10-2012, 06:51 PM
Whut?

Because you are ignorant, I guess.

Look at the teams and quarterbacks we play.

07-10-2012, 06:54 PM
Whut?

http://i.qkme.me/3oel2n.jpg

Hammock Parties
07-10-2012, 06:57 PM
There are no "easy" games for this team.

We lost at home last year to Tim Tebow and Matt Moore.

Coogs
07-10-2012, 07:06 PM

Indirectly, I would say that is what they were doing. Opportunity doesn't present itself very often. If you see Cassel at McDonalds and boo, not much of a message is being sent to anyone... much less management. Most likely, Clark and Pioli are/were paying some attention to what is going on in KC this week. People are not happy with the QB play. I think they (Clark/Pioli) are slowly finding this out.

Classless? :shrug:

Not many people across the US will remember Cassel being booed next week. But a fans message was sent to a city that might. Cassel, Clark, and Pioli at the top of the list.

BoneKrusher
07-10-2012, 07:11 PM
Indirectly, I would say that is what they were doing. Opportunity doesn't present itself very often. If you see Cassel at McDonalds and boo, not much of a message is being sent to anyone... much less management. Most likely, Clark and Pioli are/were paying some attention to what is going on in KC this week. People are not happy with the QB play. I think they (Clark/Pioli) are slowly finding this out.

Classless? :shrug:

Not many people across the US will remember Cassel being booed next week. But a fans message was sent to a city that might. Cassel, Clark, and Pioli at the top of the list.

yep,
it all starts at the top and trickles down.

beach tribe
07-10-2012, 07:15 PM
Help yourself, I don't need it. I don't have a problem with what you said to me as I don't give a shit what someone like you thinks. Talking about raping someones wife joking or not says alot about you as a person and is on par with past your behavior.

People (me included) have got to know we're going to run into your kind saying shit like this on a message board. I'm not hurt by it in the least, but this place has gone downhill the last couple of years with shit like this and I used to like the board.

Awwwwwww. Bless his heart.

Wallcrawler
07-10-2012, 08:27 PM
It required one of the best offensive coordinators in the league, and a metric feckton of bubble screens for the Chiefs to win 10 games with Cassel under center. That was Captain Checkdown's best season, and he wasnt great.

The games KC won, they won because of the running game and defense. If being a noodle armed game manager is what you call a "superb job" of running an NFL offense, then its time to switch sports because clearly the learning curve is too steep for football.

Now he seems like a nice guy. He works hard, he wants to do well, and I really admired his toughness after coming off of that appendectomy surgery and stepping back on the field. The truth is, he just isnt talented enough to be an NFL starter.

He still locks in on one receiver for the entire play, he holds the ball way too damn long, and his arm strength and accuracy are laughable. The only reason this kid is still playing is because we dumped so much money in his lap, and Pioli refuses to admit he made a mistake and wasted not only over 60 million dollars, but a first round draft pick to boot.

Cassel had his chances, and at every turn he gave disappointing performances. He's not a guy the offense can turn to down by two scores and have him put the team on his back, and go out and win the game.

At this point, the boos are more of a message to Hunt and Pioli rather than Cassel. I dont think anybody honestly expects Cassel to just go in lay down his starting job. The message needs to be sent to the front office that the fans are fed up with Matt Cassel. Booing the ever loving shit out of the guy every time he shows his face is really the only way to get that done.

07-10-2012, 08:41 PM
You are talking about the organization that on draft day, put the new Nike jerseys out with only one option available. Matt Cassel. They are pushing Cassel down our throats and nothing we do or say will make any difference to Pioli or Hunt.

The only hope we have is that all our booing at him will finally light some kind of fire in him to at least be average.

Hammock Parties
07-10-2012, 08:52 PM
You are talking about the organization that on draft day, put the new Nike jerseys out with only one option available. Matt Cassel.

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

Did we not have a thread about that?

07-10-2012, 08:54 PM
ROFLROFLROFLROFL

Did we not have a thread about that?

Can't remember. Did we? I remember posting about this in the draft party thread.

okcchief
07-10-2012, 09:02 PM
Now the bleacher report is fucking trolling me.

God Damn it!

60 million! Take your boos bitch!

RealSNR
07-10-2012, 09:05 PM

I tell rape jokes all the time on this forum. This is nothing new. I even told one to luv once, and she thought it was hilarious.

I don't judge people by their online personas. That's kind of the cool part about the internet. I would advise you to cool off and laugh a little about some of this stuff.

Alas, I can't make everybody like me, and I don't blame you. The misunderstanding we had was awkward for all parties involved.

Anyway, have a nice life.

Hammock Parties
07-10-2012, 09:11 PM
Can't remember. Did we? I remember posting about this in the draft party thread.

This is the first I've heard of it. Jesus. :shake:

NJChiefsFan
07-10-2012, 09:23 PM
Delete this ****ing thread.

Seeing the title boils my rage.

Hearing a mother call here child Matt in the park would boil your rage.

buddha
07-10-2012, 09:31 PM
Stupid amphibian...

Sorter
07-10-2012, 09:36 PM
http://www.nationofblue.com/content/attachments/11704d1339509517-well_bye.jpg

http://chan.catiewayne.com/b/src/130850724562.gif

07-10-2012, 10:11 PM
This is the first I've heard of it. Jesus. :shake:

When I walked into the fan shop to check out the new jerseys it was all I could do to not laugh. Told my buddy about it and he just rolled his eyes. Typical of management to do something like that.

Titty Meat
07-10-2012, 11:16 PM
Speaking of Matt Cassel apologist I met Nick Athan today.

FloridaMan88
07-10-2012, 11:17 PM
The author of this article is obviously on Clark's payroll.

Tribal Warfare
07-11-2012, 12:55 AM
This type of shit makes me remember Gretz' article about "Real Fans" which is the origin of my comment about being a True Fan way back when. Chastising the fanbase just makes it worse.

RealSNR
07-11-2012, 12:57 AM
This type of shit makes me remember Gretz' article about "Real Fans" which is the origin of my comment about being a True Fan way back when.

Was that the people celebrating over Greg Robinson's forced retirement? I thought that one was the origin of "classless and deranged"

Tribal Warfare
07-11-2012, 01:10 AM
Was that the people celebrating over Greg Robinson's forced retirement? I thought that one was the origin of "classless and deranged"

It could've been the same article, but when he spatted the Real Fan comment was what started the True Fan term honestly because I said it in the thread that it was posted in and it caught on like wildfire.

Rausch
07-11-2012, 02:25 AM
Because you are ignorant, I guess.

My bad.

I'm fucking new here...