PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chargers give up, try to become Chiefs.

Rain Man
07-10-2012, 09:29 AM
Rumor has it that they're changing their uniforms this year to powder blue and red.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/chargers-apologize-soliciting-chiefs-fans-132018162--nfl.html

Chargers apologize for 'soliciting' Chiefs fans

By Terry McCormick | National Football Post – 2 hours 4 minutes ago

The San Diego Chargers have admitted to sending an email soliciting Kansas City Chiefs fans to buy tickets at a discounted rate for their Nov. 1 game at Qualcomm Stadium.

The San Diego Union-Tribune reported that team president A.G. Spanos termed the ploy "disappointing," after Chiefs blogger Patrick Allen, who lives in New York, received an email inviting him and others to come to the game with tickets $10 off. Not surprisingly, when word spread, Chargers fans were not happy that the team was rolling out the red carpet for supporters of a division rival.

“I totally understand that reaction,” said Spanos. “It’s disappointing because we’ve been so aggressive this year with trying to sell to new Chargers fans. We hired 18 new people. We’re launching a season-ticket holder referral program, where season-ticket holders are going to be able to get rewards if they refer a new Chargers season-ticket holder customer.

“We’ve been very aggressive. We’re trying our best to pack the stadium with Chargers fans. This article, it hurt.”

The Chargers are trying to avoid blackouts and sell tickets in an era where a down economy, steep prices and the convenience of HD televisions in living rooms make the home experience of watching the NFL more enticing in many ways than the in-stadium experience.

But the blatant invitation the Chargers handed out certainly crossed a line the club probably wishes it hadn't.

Sofa King
07-10-2012, 09:36 AM
Chargers have fans now?

When the fuck did this happen?

Buck
07-10-2012, 09:46 AM
I'm surprised this is just finding CP. Also someone already posted this in another Chargers thread, but I've been hearing about it for maybe a couple weeks now.

Predarat
07-10-2012, 09:54 AM
They should buy them plane tickets too.

Buck
07-10-2012, 09:57 AM
And do you think if I bitched to them I could get $10 off per game for my season tickets?

Rain Man
07-10-2012, 10:02 AM
And do you think if I bitched to them I could get $10 off per game for my season tickets?

Only if you let them know how many posts you have on Chiefsplanet.

L.A. Chieffan
07-10-2012, 10:04 AM
It's not just the chargers it's the padres too. I bought opening day tickets at petco to see the dodgers and they keep calling me asking to buy more discounted . I keep telling them I'm a dodger fan and I live in L.A. but they don't seem to care

Chief Faithful
07-10-2012, 11:05 AM
Chargers have fans now?

When the **** did this happen?

Sounds like they have more than one. Still need other teams fans to fill the staduim.

HemiEd
07-10-2012, 12:34 PM
Sounds like they have more than one. Still need other teams fans to fill the staduim.

But yet, Los Angeles needs an NFL team.

Chief Faithful
07-10-2012, 12:41 PM
But yet, Los Angeles needs an NFL team.

I can't figure out why the Raiders haven't moved back to LA.

Valiant
07-10-2012, 12:46 PM
I can't figure out why the Raiders haven't moved back to LA.

Did they sign a contract with oakland?

Chiefs Pantalones
07-10-2012, 01:02 PM
I don't know where the Raiders are going to end up. LA doesn't want them back, they need a new stadium that won't be built in Oakland. Where to now?

whoman69
07-10-2012, 01:07 PM
Chargers have fans now?

When the **** did this happen?

I think the fact that they don't is the point of the article.