PDA

View Full Version : Books What is your reading set up?

Buck
07-10-2012, 05:25 PM
When you read your favorite books or magazines, where do you sit and how is the light situated?

At the moment I don't really have anywhere comfortable to sit where I have a source of light from behind me and it makes it really tough to read. The only way is to lay in bed and I ALWAYS fall asleep. Luckily I never drop my book so I wake up and can keep reading, but its annoying.

I'm going to be getting my own place soon and I want a reading chair that I can put a light right behind. Any recommendations on reading chairs or setups?

Marcellus
07-10-2012, 05:28 PM
An Ipad or tablet that is backlit with the Kindle app, then you don't need a light. You can get one for around $150 if thats what you mainly want to use it for.

You will never go back.

Reaper16
07-10-2012, 05:29 PM
I like to go somewhere isolated and/or quiet to read. I read in quiet, scenic corners of the University of Alabama campus in between classes that I teach. I read at my girlfriend's place, where there's no TV. I especially like riding my bike down to the Black Warrior River and reading riverside.

At home, I'll usually just read on my couch, with ceiling fan lights on overhead.

Redneck Rampage
07-10-2012, 05:31 PM
The shitter.

That's the best place to read.

Hammock Parties
07-10-2012, 05:31 PM
First, I cleanse.

BigMeatballDave
07-10-2012, 05:32 PM
Reading?

What's that?

Mr. Laz
07-10-2012, 05:34 PM
:shrug:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51kLFNwdJwL.jpg

Saul Good
07-10-2012, 06:19 PM
Having recently learned to read, I can tell you with absolute certainty that there is only one correct way to read, and everyone here is doing it wrong.

|Zach|
07-10-2012, 06:35 PM
Having recently learned to read, I can tell you with absolute certainty that there is only one correct way to read, and everyone here is doing it wrong.

ROFL

Ming the Merciless
An Ipad or tablet that is backlit with the Kindle app, then you don't need a light. You can get one for around $150 if thats what you mainly want to use it for.

You will never go back.

I actually prefer the non backlit Kindle to any backlit tablet or device.

It is much more soothing on the eyes IMO. A lamp + non backlit device waaaayyyy better for me.

But each to their own...It is nice to have a backlit device so you can read in the dark if you need to though....I just prefer the non backlits for most of my reading.

TinyEvel
leaning forward, right hand on mouse, head resting in left hand, feet crossed underneath chair.

loochy
07-10-2012, 06:38 PM
a book in my hand

Buck
07-10-2012, 06:40 PM

Is it the way that makes you shit your guts out for no fucking reason?

Mr. Laz
07-10-2012, 06:41 PM

It is much more soothing on the eyes IMO. A lamp + non backlit device waaaayyyy better for me.

But each to their own...It is nice to have a backlit device so you can read in the dark if you need to though....I just prefer the non backlits for most of my reading.

i would think that low room light and backlit is terrible combo for your eyes

low room light causes pupils to open up and back lighting hurts your retina

jmo

cosmo20002
07-10-2012, 06:41 PM
how is the light situated?

"On" position.

Marcellus
07-10-2012, 06:46 PM

The brightness is adjustable so you can make it how you want. Took me some getting used to but I love it now.

Bearcat
07-10-2012, 06:48 PM

LMAO

Thig Lyfe
07-10-2012, 06:55 PM
Usually cramped between an old Latina woman and a fat bearded man, with natural light coming through a window, unless it's cloudy.

SAUTO
07-10-2012, 07:33 PM
I read everythingon my Samsung note.
Posted via Mobile Device

big nasty kcnut
07-10-2012, 07:36 PM
i take off my glasses and lay n bed to read and listen to the news.

07-10-2012, 07:42 PM
HP touchpad running ICS is where I do all my reading. Usually right before bed.

mlyonsd
07-10-2012, 08:35 PM
Spare bedroom in the corner of the house, leather Lazy-Boy recliner sitting in front of two large windows with a standup lamp behind.

If I give my wife the nod ahead of time she'll show up periodically in a black satin teddy asking me if my eyes are tired yet.

SAUTO
07-10-2012, 08:41 PM
Does periodically mean sometimes you tell her they are alright, she leaves and comes back?
Posted via Mobile Device

OnTheWarpath15
07-10-2012, 08:43 PM
iPad, usually in bed. Read for an hour, go to sleep.

ThaVirus
07-10-2012, 09:11 PM
The shitter.

That's the best place to read.

This right here. The only place I can read without getting distracted and wanting to do something else.

I used to be able to read when I was a kid no problem. Now I feel like I don't have the attention span, but maybe it's just a time thing with being an adult.

NJChiefsFan
07-10-2012, 09:47 PM
I can't read in the same position for too long so I don't really have one set spot. I also still don't use the tablets so being near a light is the one thing that makes my spots limited.