PDA

View Full Version : Life A Father's Plea

Johnny Vegas
07-16-2012, 07:51 PM
Only 5 years old and he's taken 25,000 pills in the time frame. wow

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xJ_UBW_IITw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Johnny Vegas
07-16-2012, 08:40 PM
eat your heart out America!

Donger
07-16-2012, 08:45 PM
So, he's getting his five year old son high?

BigMeatballDave
07-16-2012, 08:48 PM

Seriously? Thats what you got out of that?

Donger
07-16-2012, 08:50 PM
Seriously? Thats what you got out of that?

At a very basic level, yes. Is that not what you think is taking place?

BigMeatballDave
07-16-2012, 08:52 PM
At a very basic level, yes. Is that not what you think is taking place?

You're being obtuse. That's what is taking place.

Donger
07-16-2012, 08:54 PM
You're being obtuse. That's what is taking place.

Not at all. He's claiming that he's helping his kid. By getting the kid high.

Feel free to point out where I'm wrong.

BigMeatballDave
07-16-2012, 08:57 PM
Not at all. He's claiming that he's helping his kid. By getting the kid high.

Feel free to point out where I'm wrong.

So, people who take pain killers for pain are just getting high?

The Bad Guy
07-16-2012, 08:58 PM

Excellent point.

Donger
07-16-2012, 09:02 PM

I don't believe that all pain medications have the same effects of cannabis. Does Tylenol, for example, have the same effects?

Anyway, you didn't dispute my statement.

BigMeatballDave
07-16-2012, 09:03 PM
While the kid my be getting 'high', he is also healing.

Its a side affect. Just like chemotherapy makes you sick.

QuikSsurfer
07-16-2012, 09:04 PM

http://i.minus.com/ikgtwNQCg102I.gif

Donger
07-16-2012, 09:07 PM
While the kid my be getting 'high', he is also healing.

Its a side affect. Just like chemotherapy makes you sick.

I wouldn't agree with that. Chemo actually kills cancer cells. I would think that pot is just making him high, not actually fighting what is wrong with him.

BigMeatballDave
07-16-2012, 09:07 PM
I don't believe that all pain medications have the same effects of cannabis. Does Tylenol, for example, have the same effects?

Tylenol can cause liver failure.

The Bad Guy
07-16-2012, 09:10 PM

Pain medications and pain killers are two different things.

Donger
07-16-2012, 09:14 PM
Tylenol can cause liver failure.

Yes, it can. So, back to my original statement: do you agree that this father is getting his son high? Yes or no?

Donger
07-16-2012, 09:14 PM
Pain medications and pain killers are two different things.

Okay.

BigMeatballDave
07-16-2012, 09:15 PM
Donger just likes to troll this stuff.

Just because it's illegal, he doesn't think it has any possible chance of being beneficial.

Donger likes the government to control everything, apparently...

BigMeatballDave
07-16-2012, 09:16 PM
Yes, it can. So, back to my original statement: do you agree that this father is getting his son high? Yes or no?

He's trying to do whatever is possible to make his son well.

I'd do the same thing.

The Bad Guy
07-16-2012, 09:20 PM
So as long as he's stuffing 25,000 pills down his kids' throat in 5 years that likely carry some side effect, that's ok.

Put weed in the kid's system, and the parent is the devil.

Donger
07-16-2012, 09:20 PM
Donger just likes to troll this stuff.

Just because it's illegal, he doesn't think it has any possible chance of being beneficial.

Donger likes the government to control everything, apparently...

I'm not saying that it isn't beneficial in this case. I'm saying that some people will use this possible benefit in order to promote their agenda. You do see that, don't you? If not, you can just look at the people surrounding the father.

Donger
07-16-2012, 09:21 PM
He's trying to do whatever is possible to make his son well.

I'd do the same thing.

As would I. I'm not sure that I'd have a press conference about it, however.

Pitt Gorilla
Yes, it can. So, back to my original statement: do you agree that this father is getting his son high? Yes or no?Why do you care? Honest question.

Donger
So as long as he's stuffing 25,000 pills down his kids' throat in 5 years that likely carry some side effect, that's ok.

Put weed in the kid's system, and the parent is the devil.

I'd suggest that you not jump to conclusions.

Donger
07-16-2012, 09:22 PM
Why do you care? Honest question.

I'm the type that likes to deal with reality.

Lex Luthor
07-16-2012, 09:28 PM
I wouldn't agree with that. Chemo actually kills cancer cells. I would think that pot is just making him high, not actually fighting what is wrong with him.
If he was having seizures every single day, and the marijuana prevents him from having seizures, then the dad is making the very sensible choice that treating him with marijuana is a hell of a lot better than letting him have seizures.

Maybe you would understand if you ever had a seizure. I had three seizures back in the 1980s, and it's FUCKING HORRIBLE. Luckily I was able to eliminate the seizures by taking Dilantin every day, and I will take that drug every day for the rest of my life.

If some self-righteous asshole tried to prevent me from taking the drug that eliminated the seizures, I'd be one pretty pissed off motherfucker.

You just don't understand. If you did, you'd have a little more sympathy for this dad who is simply trying to save his son.

Johnny Vegas
07-16-2012, 09:30 PM
You only get the psychoactive high you are concerned about , Donger, is if you smoke it or use it at a temperature higher than 250 degrees. It starts to activate around 160 degrees. So unless u smoke it or vape it you won't get the psychoactive properties in cannabis.

Donger
07-16-2012, 09:34 PM
If he was having seizures every single day, and the marijuana prevents him from having seizures, then the dad is making the very sensible choice that treating him with marijuana is a hell of a lot better than letting him have seizures.

Maybe you would understand if you ever had a seizure. I had three seizures back in the 1980s, and it's ****ING HORRIBLE. Luckily I was able to eliminate the seizures by taking Dilantin every day, and I will take that drug every day for the rest of my life.

If some self-righteous asshole tried to prevent me from taking the drug that eliminated the seizures, I'd be one pretty pissed off mother****er.

You just don't understand. If you did, you'd have a little more sympathy for this dad who is simply trying to save his son.

What makes you think I don't have any sympathy? I was just stating that he's getting his five year old son high.

Donger
07-16-2012, 09:35 PM
You only get the psychoactive high you are concerned about , Donger, is if you smoke it or use it at a temperature higher than 250 degrees. It starts to activate around 160 degrees. So unless u smoke it or vape it you won't get the psychoactive properties in cannabis.

I don't believe that is accurate, but I could be wrong.

Pitt Gorilla
07-16-2012, 09:35 PM
I'm the type that likes to deal with reality.What reality (specifically)?

Donger
07-16-2012, 09:36 PM
What reality (specifically)?

That the father is getting his five year old high with pot.

Pitt Gorilla
07-16-2012, 09:37 PM
That the father is getting his five year old high with pot.Again, why do you care?

Lex Luthor
07-16-2012, 09:39 PM
What makes you think I don't have any sympathy? I was just stating that he's getting his five year old son high.
Because the only thing you seem to care about is your contention that he's getting his five year old son high.

Pants
07-16-2012, 09:40 PM
Can we define "high" in this instance please?

Does Cymbalta make you high? Does Zoloft? Does Vicodin make you high? How about Adderall?

BigMeatballDave
07-16-2012, 09:40 PM

Not sure this is correct.

Edibles.

Pants
07-16-2012, 09:43 PM

Edibles.

Edibles have to be baked first.

It's a whole another ballpark, though, because your liver metabolizes THC way way differently when you digest it compared to inhaling the smoke.

Johnny Vegas
07-16-2012, 09:44 PM
The father was explaining his son was taking cbd's which isn't the psychoactive chemical that gets you high. It's thc that gets you high which activates or in other terms starts the high when you use heat to use it. Cbd's and cbn's are the beneficial ingredient to being beneficial to ones health.

BigMeatballDave
Can we define "high" in this instance please?

Does Cymbalta make you high? Does Zoloft? Does Vicodin make you high? How about Adderall?

Vicodin and Adderall can and does. I've taken both.

Tylenol 3 does, too. It kicks my ass.

Donger
Again, why do you care?

You don't care that this father is getting his kid high?

Johnny Vegas
07-16-2012, 09:45 PM

Edibles.

Edibles are baked at 250 degrees and up which activates the thc

Pants
07-16-2012, 09:46 PM
Vicodin and Adderall can and does. I've taken both.

Tylenol 3 does, too. It kicks my ass.

Tylenol 3 has codeine in it, that's the part that kicks your ass.

Tylenol is also way more dangerous to your health than marijuana.

Donger
07-16-2012, 09:47 PM
Because the only thing you seem to care about is your contention that he's getting his five year old son high.

Then you'd be wrong.

Lex Luthor
07-16-2012, 09:49 PM
No, because even if the kid is getting high (which has not been proven), that is a hell of a lot better than having seizures every single day.

Every time you have a seizure, you can die.

Again I say this to you: you don't understand, or you wouldn't continue to ask the same question over and over again.

Lex Luthor
07-16-2012, 09:49 PM
Then you'd be wrong.
Just calling it as I see it.

Lex Luthor
07-16-2012, 09:50 PM
How do you know the father is getting his kid high?

Donger
07-16-2012, 09:53 PM
No, because even if the kid is getting high (which has not been proven), that is a hell of a lot better than having seizures every single day.

Every time you have a seizure, you can die.

Again I say this to you: you don't understand, or you wouldn't continue to ask the same question over and over again.

Would you feel the same if he was giving the kid shots of whiskey and those were stopping the seizures?

Donger
07-16-2012, 09:54 PM

Because he is giving his child pot.

Lex Luthor
07-16-2012, 09:58 PM
Would you feel the same if he was giving the kid shots of whiskey and those were stopping the seizures?
Would you object to giving a kid medical marijuana if it saved his life?

I can play the hypothetical game too.

BigMeatballDave
Tylenol is also way more dangerous to your health than marijuana.

I agree.

Lex Luthor
How does that prove that the kid is getting high from it?

BigMeatballDave
07-16-2012, 09:59 PM
Would you feel the same if he was giving the kid shots of whiskey and those were stopping the seizures?Yes

Donger
07-16-2012, 09:59 PM
Would you object to giving a kid medical marijuana if it saved his life?

I can play the hypothetical game too.

I already said that I wouldn't. Now, you.

Lex Luthor
07-16-2012, 10:02 PM
I already said that I wouldn't. Now, you.
If giving a kid a shot of whiskey every day would save the kid from having to endure the daily torture of a life-threatening seizure, then hell yes I would.

Now don't bother escalating the hypothetical until you find the point where I would draw the line. The issue is medial marijuana.

Lex Luthor
07-16-2012, 10:03 PM

So you admit you don't know whether or not the pot gets the child high.

Donger
07-16-2012, 10:07 PM
If giving a kid a shot of whiskey every day would save the kid from having to endure the daily torture of a life-threatening seizure, then hell yes I would.

As would I.

Now don't bother escalating the hypothetical until you find the point where I would draw the line. The issue is medial marijuana.

The issue also seems to be having press conferences to promote the legalization of pot. Wouldn't you agree?

Donger
07-16-2012, 10:09 PM
So you admit you don't know whether or not the pot gets the child high.

I suppose that depends on how you define "high" as someone already pointed out. How do you define it? I'm under the impression that "getting high" is a rather common effect of using marijuana. That's why it's so popular.

mdstu
07-16-2012, 10:17 PM
Is this thread ready for DC yet?
I think I'm about to have a seizure.

Johnny Vegas
07-16-2012, 10:22 PM
I suppose that depends on how you define "high" as someone already pointed out. How do you define it? I'm under the impression that "getting high" is a rather common effect of using marijuana. That's why it's so popular.

are you under the impression he let his 5 year old smoke a joint? Since the father stated his son is only receiving cbd's then it is impossible to smoke a joint and dodge the thc and not get high. Its impossible for the child to get high off of cbd's. Its not even a so called high. Its a very efficient chemical that helps the body recover and maintain their health. It has to take the legalization of the plant to further any studies to dignify the use towards treatment and convince those that doubt it.

Donger
07-16-2012, 10:39 PM
are you under the impression he let his 5 year old smoke a joint?

I didn't have time to watch the entire video. How is the father giving the drug to his son?

Since the father stated his son is only receiving cbd's then it is impossible to smoke a joint and dodge the thc and not get high. Its impossible for the child to get high off of cbd's. Its not even a so called high. Its a very efficient chemical that helps the body recover and maintain their health. It has to take the legalization of the plant to further any studies to dignify the use towards treatment and convince those that doubt it.

I was just reading (if correctly) that one can "get high" off CBD but not as quickly as with THC, especially when pot is smoked. Is that correct?

Johnny Vegas
07-16-2012, 10:55 PM
I didn't have time to watch the entire video. How is the father giving the drug to his son?

I was just reading (if correctly) that one can "get high" off CBD but not as quickly as with THC, especially when pot is smoked. Is that correct?

No. There's cbn's that can have the body high effect, but THC is the only psychoactive chemical which provides the high everyone describes and likes.

I also believe it is doctors giving the child the cbd dosage because I don't think its widely known how to extract cbd's from the plant. In fact I wouldn't know how to or find info how to.

Johnny Vegas
07-16-2012, 11:01 PM
Sorry I forgot to add that the child is taking the cbd enriched extract in a glycerin pill form.

Pitt Gorilla
07-16-2012, 11:11 PM
You don't care that this father is getting his kid high?No. I would do anything in my power to help my children if they were sick.

Donger
07-16-2012, 11:29 PM
Sorry I forgot to add that the child is taking the cbd enriched extract in a glycerin pill form.

Did you hear that it still has THC in it? Also, what did they cut out when the dork with the braid and hat starts speaking?

Also, why does the dork in the hat say that they didn't want to give the child a lot of THC for "obvious reasons"?

Johnny Vegas
07-16-2012, 11:33 PM
Did you hear that it still has THC in it? Also, what did they cut out the father saying right before the dork with the braid and hat starts speaking?

again thc has to be activated by high levels of heat to get the effect. Which isn't activated in pill form. The thc is there yes, but it isn't doing anything in the pill nor will it get the child high once its taken. It would take the body temperature of 200+ degrees to activate the thc to get the child high.

Donger
07-16-2012, 11:40 PM
again thc has to be activated by high levels of heat to get the effect. Which isn't activated in pill form. The thc is there yes, but it isn't doing anything in the pill nor will it get the child high once its taken. It would take the body temperature of 200+ degrees to activate the thc to get the child high.

It seems like opinions vary as to the veracity of your claim:

http://forum.grasscity.com/recreational-marijuana-use/133183-attn-thc-activation.html

Johnny Vegas
07-16-2012, 11:53 PM
It seems like opinions vary as to the veracity of your claim:

http://forum.grasscity.com/recreational-marijuana-use/133183-attn-thc-activation.html

JFC grasscity is full of teenagers. That site is a joke. Did you read the rest of that by chance? I laughed that a kid said he got high after he ate 5 grams, but he was also rolling. In other words on ecstacy. Also the original poster didn't exactly give an argument but just one post from another site stating 'it'd take a lot of bud to eat to get desired effects.' Then another kid on there said he didn't feel shit after he ate 2 grams. That info isn't credible at all. Look at a site called projectcbd.com

edit: also when they eat it the cbn is what gives them the high effect as they get more of the body high than a head high.

Lex Luthor
07-17-2012, 05:53 AM

For someone who "didn't have time to watch the entire video" you sure do seem to have plenty of time to second-guess and criticize the father who is trying to protect his son.

It sounds more like you prefer to remain blissfully ignorant and argue just because you enjoy arguing. That's fine. Just don't be surprised if the adults start ignoring you.

Donger
07-17-2012, 07:14 AM
JFC grasscity is full of teenagers. That site is a joke. Did you read the rest of that by chance? I laughed that a kid said he got high after he ate 5 grams, but he was also rolling. In other words on ecstacy. Also the original poster didn't exactly give an argument but just one post from another site stating 'it'd take a lot of bud to eat to get desired effects.' Then another kid on there said he didn't feel shit after he ate 2 grams. That info isn't credible at all. Look at a site called projectcbd.com

edit: also when they eat it the cbn is what gives them the high effect as they get more of the body high than a head high.

Okay, I'll take your word for it.

I was just reading that perhaps the correct nomenclature is that this father is getting his son stoned instead of high. Would you agree with that? That THC gets one high and CBD makes one stoned?

Donger
07-17-2012, 07:17 AM
For someone who "didn't have time to watch the entire video" you sure do seem to have plenty of time to second-guess and criticize the father who is trying to protect his son.

It sounds more like you prefer to remain blissfully ignorant and argue just because you enjoy arguing. That's fine. Just don't be surprised if the adults start ignoring you.

Sorry, I was interrupted by work a few minutes into watching it. Sure though, I'll second-guess the father. You DO agree that he (and the others) have a grander goal here than "it's for the children!", right?

Nzoner
07-17-2012, 07:44 AM
Sorry, I was interrupted by work a few minutes into watching it. Sure though, I'll second-guess the father. You DO agree that he (and the others) have a grander goal here than "it's for the children!", right?

Even so it's the same old shit

"Pass Riverboat gambling and the money will go to the schools for athletics."

"Vote for me and no new taxes."

Yadda,yadda,yadda

All I know is if the kid hasn't been in an ambulance and the seizures have all but stopped since beginning the treatment then more power to them.

lcarus
07-17-2012, 09:36 AM
Every time people get into the discussion of medical marijuana, I always say the same thing. I've been prescribed narcotic painkillers over a period of several years, and let me tell you - those are way more addicting, dangerous, and bad for you than silly marijuana. I mean...a LOT more addicting and a LOT more dangerous. But those are ok for people to take if a doctor prescribes them. So why can't doctors prescribe weed if it is proven to help with certain things and is way less addicting and harmful? Makes no sense to me...

Gonzo
07-17-2012, 09:39 AM

http://cdn.styleforum.net/3/3b/3b94c5bf_3Kings5.png

Radar Chief
07-17-2012, 09:49 AM
Every time people get into the discussion of medical marijuana, I always say the same thing. I've been prescribed narcotic painkillers over a period of several years, and let me tell you - those are way more addicting, dangerous, and bad for you than silly marijuana. I mean...a LOT more addicting and a LOT more dangerous. But those are ok for people to take if a doctor prescribes them. So why can't doctors prescribe weed if it is proven to help with certain things and is way less addicting and harmful? Makes no sense to me...

1. Because anyone with a 3’X3’ piece of dirt and a green thumb can grow their own. How do you tax that?
2. No one would need Paxil or Zoloft if they could just get a little puff, puff, pass. Weed would kick Prozac’s ass and the government has a hard time taxing that. See point 1.

Molitoth
07-17-2012, 10:03 AM

I thought the same thing.
Something in Dongers life must have seriously effected his mentality towards marijuana. Shame.

Lex Luthor
07-17-2012, 10:10 AM
Sorry, I lost interest in this debate when you admitted you hadn't even bothered to watch the video. You obviously have an agenda and you're trying desperately to make a point, but I don't care what it is.

Donger
07-17-2012, 10:11 AM
Sorry, I lost interest in this debate when you admitted you hadn't even bothered to watch the video. You obviously have an agenda and I'm not interested in knowing what it is.

Okay.

Johnny Vegas
07-17-2012, 10:51 AM
There is no classification that separates being stoned or high. You can be stoned, high, blazed, lit, cloud 9 what ever clever word you can think up. It has nothing to do with if you smoked hash, smoke bud. CBD doesn't make you stoned or high or lit or blazed or what ever you can dream up.

lcarus
07-17-2012, 10:59 AM
1. Because anyone with a 3’X3’ piece of dirt and a green thumb can grow their own. How do you tax that?
2. No one would need Paxil or Zoloft if they could just get a little puff, puff, pass. Weed would kick Prozac’s ass and the government has a hard time taxing that. See point 1.

Yep everything in this country comes down to money. Its pathetic.

Donger
07-17-2012, 11:15 AM
CBD doesn't make you stoned or high or lit or blazed or what ever you can dream up.

Okay. But obviously CBD has some effect, right? If not, they might as well give this kid placebo.

If so, what effect do you think it has and how would you classify it?

Johnny Vegas
07-17-2012, 02:35 PM
I'm done. You can look all that up on projectcbd.com like I mentioned before. You show no signs of wanting to understand and take teenagers opinion over science. Have a great day.

Donger
07-17-2012, 08:22 PM
I'm done. You can look all that up on projectcbd.com like I mentioned before. You show no signs of wanting to understand and take teenagers opinion over science. Have a great day.

I did look at it. It reads like propaganda, not science. Science is objective. Besides, that site states, "The reduced psychoactivity of CBD-rich Cannabis." That doesn't mean it has none.

And, I don't see what that site has to do with my very simple (I think) questions. Do you not care to attempt to answer them?

BigMeatballDave
07-18-2012, 12:49 AM
Donger, why are you arguing this?

Why do you care?

What does it matter if the kid gets high if it helps him, ultimately?

All drugs have side affects.

BillSelfsTrophycase
07-18-2012, 02:30 AM
Having tried both I'll say Vicodin got me 10x more fucked up than MJ

So why is one is illegal and the other is not? (and I haven't smoked in 15 years or popped in 8)