PDA

View Full Version : ChiefsPlanet Sorry, what happened to the shooting thread?

Buck
07-20-2012, 09:10 PM
I didnt find out about the shooting until half way through work today and I didn't have access to CP until near the end of the day when I got my cell phone. I saw there was a thread and I went to see Batman right after work and I planned on reading the thread when I got home but I cant find it.

Baby Lee
07-20-2012, 09:12 PM
Guns were involved, take a guess.

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261598

Al Bundy
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261598

Nightfyre
When in doubt with these things, check DC.

Buck
07-20-2012, 09:13 PM
I forgot that DC even existed.

Why should it be moved there over offensive posts being removed?

Phobia
07-20-2012, 09:23 PM
Because it's less clicks for you to go there than it is for me to delete all the political crap in the thread.

Buck
07-20-2012, 09:24 PM
Because it's less clicks for you to go there than it is for me to delete all the political crap in the thread.

Well you signed up to be a mod.

That's sad that we can't have the most major news story in the US in a long time be in the main forum and we are subjected to DC.

I see the thread pretty much died in there.

notorious
07-20-2012, 09:24 PM
I forgot that DC even existed.

Why should it be moved there over offensive posts being removed?

I tried to lure the DC regulars away by starting a thread in the sewer, but it didn't work.

DaFace
07-20-2012, 09:26 PM
I'm pretty disappointed in the move, to be honest. There was a lot of good discussion in there that has now completely stopped. Oh well. The thread on the Orange Mane is decent. :shrug:

Bugeater
07-20-2012, 09:27 PM
Bringing politics into a lounge thread should be a bannable offense.

Buck
07-20-2012, 09:29 PM
Well I'm reading through the thread and I see why it was moved.

I don't know why the fuck people had to go on that CCW tangent.

But the other half of the thread is a good read.

DaFace
07-20-2012, 09:32 PM
Well I'm reading through the thread and I see why it was moved.

I don't know why the fuck people had to go on that CCW tangent.

But the other half of the thread is a good read.

It's kind of like smoking. It's impossible to have a thread related to it without it becoming a debate that's been rehashed a dozen times.

Buck
07-20-2012, 09:34 PM
It's kind of like smoking. It's impossible to have a thread related to it without it becoming a debate that's been rehashed a dozen times.

I still dont think it needed to move.

I posted a thread once with a video of an Officer shooting a dude dead right in the face and that one didn't get moved to DC.

pr_capone
07-20-2012, 09:34 PM

Talking about bannable offenses in every thread should be a bannable offense.

/wait... what?

Bugeater
07-20-2012, 09:35 PM
Talking about bannable offenses in every thread should be a bannable offense.

/wait... what?
As long as someone is getting banned, I'm good.

Phobia
07-20-2012, 09:36 PM
Well you signed up to be a mod.

That's sad that we can't have the most major news story in the US in a long time be in the main forum and we are subjected to DC.

I see the thread pretty much died in there.
You want to start a new thread, start it.

You want to read what has already been said, go read it.

We tried to keep it from turning political by banning people from the thread and regulars kept discouraging D.C.ites from bringing their crap to the thread but it eventually spun out of control and was moved. We did exactly what we're supposed to do and what we've been doing for a long time.

Bugeater
07-20-2012, 09:37 PM
So how long is Buck banned for?

DaFace
07-20-2012, 09:38 PM
You want to start a new thread, start it.

You want to read what has already been said, go read it.

We tried to keep it from turning political by banning people from the thread and regulars kept discouraging D.C.ites from bringing their crap to the thread but it eventually spun out of control and was moved. We did exactly what we're supposed to do and what we've been doing for a long time.

I still would have preferred a warning at least. It's not like the whole thread had turned into a political mess. There were only a handful of the people in there who were actively debating the gun control issue.

Phobia
07-20-2012, 09:38 PM
I tried to lure the DC regulars away by starting a thread in the sewer, but it didn't work.

Thanks for doing that. You and several other regulars tried very hard to keep that thing apolitical and it is appreciated from our end. That's another reason we move them, so regulars will police their own.

RealSNR
07-20-2012, 09:49 PM

It's Obama's fault there was an influx of politics in that thread.

pr_capone
07-20-2012, 09:58 PM
It's Obama's fault there was an influx of politics in that thread.

You LWNJ's and your love for Obama have gone too far.

I DEMAND SNR be placed on the miserable users list!

Buck
07-20-2012, 10:00 PM
Just finished the thread.

My final thought is that after the first 150 posts or so the gun talk died down until the end when two people were talking about it. Could have easily just banned those two from the thread and it would have been fine.

I guess you can lock this thread now, thanks.

RealSNR
07-20-2012, 10:13 PM
Just finished the thread.

My final thought is that after the first 150 posts or so the gun talk died down until the end when two people were talking about it. Could have easily just banned those two from the thread and it would have been fine.

I guess you can lock this thread now, thanks.
That thread is dead. Another American dream gone thanks to our current sitting president in office.

How many more threads have to be killed before someone sends Obama out the door?

BigRedChief
07-20-2012, 10:15 PM
I guess you can lock this thread now, thanks.http://www.forumspile.com/IBTL-Crocodile.jpg

notorious
07-20-2012, 10:32 PM
http://www.gunaxin.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/hot_chick_bow_hunting.jpg

Nightfyre
07-20-2012, 10:37 PM
We can't lock this thread now, it's just getting good! Damn mods taking all the fun out of everything.

jspchief
07-21-2012, 12:12 AM
http://www.gunaxin.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/hot_chick_bow_hunting.jpgdear god

Titty Meat
07-21-2012, 12:20 AM
This thread is going to D.C.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eGQ04dwOHzg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

gblowfish
07-21-2012, 12:41 AM
Jesus!
Obama!
George Bush!
Abortion!
Gun Control!
Gay Boy Scouts!!!!!!

That ought to get the sucker moved to the DC....

TrebMaxx
07-21-2012, 12:48 AM
Jesus!
Obama!
George Bush!
Abortion!
Gun Control!
Gay Boy Scouts!!!!!!

ROFL

wazu
07-21-2012, 01:03 AM
Ridiculous to move that thread. I don't care what political crap was thrown in, it is one of the stories of the year and absolutely belonged in the Lounge.

RealSNR
07-21-2012, 01:10 AM
Jesus!
Obama!
George Bush!
Abortion!
Gun Control!
Gay Boy Scouts!!!!!!

Q

Also, Bush lied, people died

wazu
07-21-2012, 01:19 AM
Seriously, mods. You are starting to work too hard. Find something else to do. That thread should have raged on in endless political babble for a week before anybody even thought of possibly moving it.

I'd much rather see the "mother had sex with her son" and "lick a man's ass" threads moved to some other forum. Somehow those are seen as just fine, though. Load up the front page with that crap, but move the biggest story of the year to a sub-forum.

Phobia
07-21-2012, 01:30 AM
Fair enough. Have at it.

BillSelfsTrophycase
07-21-2012, 01:44 AM
http://www.gunaxin.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/hot_chick_bow_hunting.jpg

I'd let her do just about anything she wanted to me

Mr. Laz
07-21-2012, 06:29 AM
Just saw something that said the dude had a clip that held 1000 rounds!?!?!?

WTF

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTML8s8UhdiIusQUvt8TuJSv_CHBDcot6n4af06PK85i6LCkcdC

Kidd Lex
07-21-2012, 06:36 AM
I'd let her do just about anything she wanted to me

Indeed. Must see more pics of hot chicks and weaponry.

wazu
07-21-2012, 07:35 AM
Thanks, Phobia. BTW I'm realizing I cared way too much about this at 2 a.m.

rockymtnchief
07-21-2012, 07:40 AM
Indeed. Must see more pics of hot chicks and weaponry.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0MJB-92f6BI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Phobia
07-21-2012, 09:15 AM
Thanks, Phobia. BTW I'm realizing I cared way too much about this at 2 a.m.

And I cared way too much yesterday afternoon. Thanks for presenting your case gracefully. Between you and daface, it was easy to reverse course.

DaFace
07-21-2012, 09:23 AM
And I cared way too much yesterday afternoon. Thanks for presenting your case gracefully. Between you and daface, it was easy to reverse course.

Thanks sir.

Titty Meat
07-21-2012, 09:55 AM
Seriously, mods. You are starting to work too hard. Find something else to do. That thread should have raged on in endless political babble for a week before anybody even thought of possibly moving it.

I'd much rather see the "mother had sex with her son" and "lick a man's ass" threads moved to some other forum. Somehow those are seen as just fine, though. Load up the front page with that crap, but move the biggest story of the year to a sub-forum.

Just the mans ass and not the girls ass right? My thread was better than the shooting thread.

sd4chiefs
07-21-2012, 10:21 AM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-efQuSlxgWY?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

wazu
07-21-2012, 10:31 AM
Just the mans ass and not the girls ass right? My thread was better than the shooting thread.

To be honest, I could do without any graphic sex act threads in the Lounge. That includes the news stories about incest or the world's largest penis or beasteality, etc.

I don't have any hope or even desire for this to be a "safe for work" site, but at this point I won't even pull up the main page on my phone if somebody is standing near. Too often the thread titles, just by themselves make it look like I'm visiting some dark nasty corner of the Internet.