PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Celtics looking like one of the best teams in basketball.

Direckshun
07-21-2012, 11:28 AM
Just traded for Courtney Lee. Once Avery Bradley recovers from injury,t hat's the deepest backcourt this team has had during the era of the Big Three.

PG Rajon Rondo
PG Jason Terry
SG Avery Bradley
SG Courtney Lee

We're bringing Jeff Green back for another year.

SF Paul Pierce
SF Jeff Green

And the front court is a lot better on both ends of the floor this year with rookies Jared Sullinger (offense) and Fab Melo (defense).

PF Brandon Bass
PF Jared Sullinger
C Kevin Garnett
C Fab Melo

I love this team at both ends of the floor.

If the Heat hadn't stocked up as well, I'd say this is the best team in the East.

Direckshun
07-21-2012, 11:30 AM
That's a team that can run, fight in the paint, play defense and thankfully shoot better on offense.

DaneMcCloud
07-21-2012, 11:31 AM
Fab Melo? He's not an offensive threat and he's very stiff. It's way too early to make any NBA predictions but the Heat and Bulls should be the two best teams in the Eastern Conference.

Molitoth
07-21-2012, 11:31 AM
That's a team that can run, fight in the paint, play defense and thankfully shoot better on offense.

IF Jared Sullinger and Fab Melo end up working out in the Pro's.

RealSNR
07-21-2012, 11:32 AM
Brandon Bass is starting?

I'm so sorry

Buck
07-21-2012, 11:38 AM
They should change your name to Delushun.

Direckshun
07-21-2012, 11:40 AM
IF Jared Sullinger and Fab Melo end up working out in the Pro's.

Sullinger's been having a little trouble finishing, but he's otherwise looked very promising in the summer league so far.

Brandon Bass is starting?

I'm so sorry

Bass starting has worked out for the Magic for a while, and the Celtics last year. He is a quality power forward with a good mid range jumper.

mcaj22
07-21-2012, 11:43 AM
brandon bass is an undersized turd that cant bang with the actual big monsters of the league down low. he's only good against small crap teams or teams with a stretch big guy that stands at the 3 line all game.

CoMoChief
07-21-2012, 11:44 AM
Celtics will be lucky to make the playoffs next year.

mcaj22
07-21-2012, 11:47 AM
seriously. 21 million for courtney lee. lol

Titty Meat
07-21-2012, 11:52 AM
Fab Melo? He's not an offensive threat and he's very stiff. It's way too early to make any NBA predictions but the Heat and Bulls should be the two best teams in the Eastern Conference.

The Bulls? no.

The Bad Guy
07-21-2012, 11:53 AM
They should change your name to Delushun.

Fucking truth.

The Bad Guy
07-21-2012, 11:55 AM
Yeah, this is a little far fetched.

I like the moves, but the Celtics aren't even the 5th best team in the NBA.

RealSNR
07-21-2012, 11:58 AM
Courtney Lee should have gone to the Wolves so he can play with a real PF.

Instead he's sucking dicks with Brandon Bass.

Enjoy.

Just Passin' By
07-21-2012, 11:59 AM

They needed another physical big, and they didn't get that.

Two-Twenty
07-21-2012, 12:04 PM
Even IF, they were #2 in the east, they're such a distant #2 that it doesn't matter.

That roster's not ****ing with Lebron

Also, Sorry Bulls fan, Derrick Rose might not even play this year

In58men
07-21-2012, 12:07 PM
They're all old.

Kevin Garnett lol

mcaj22
07-21-2012, 12:09 PM
it will be the Heat and the Nets as 1 and 2. But like someone said, it will be a big distance between 1 in the rest and the East, the East got worse (or will get worse) talent wise so the bottom half of the playoff seed teams will be much crappier.

The Bad Guy
07-21-2012, 12:10 PM
Nets #2? What?

The Nets will be lucky to be a 5 seed.

mcaj22
07-21-2012, 12:24 PM
how are the Nets not 2 in the East? Who is then? the Knicks lol? If the Celtics arent 2, someone has to be. And it's certainly not the Bulls without their best player.

there is literally no other teams or the East with talent. Next year goes back to a full season and teams like the Pacers and Sixers will get steam rolled.

L.A. Chieffan
07-21-2012, 12:29 PM
Garnett and pierce are done. Sorry dude

chiefzilla1501
07-21-2012, 01:25 PM
Sullinger's been having a little trouble finishing, but he's otherwise looked very promising in the summer league so far.

Bass starting has worked out for the Magic for a while, and the Celtics last year. He is a quality power forward with a good mid range jumper.

Sullinger will be a very good pro, as long as you keep him healthy. It's a shame he dropped the way he did in the draft. If Ohio State would have put a Center next to him, he would have been outstanding. There is no way the guy should have been playing at the 5 as much as he did. He was absolutely no match for Withey.

MIAdragon
07-21-2012, 01:34 PM
Garnett and pierce are done. Sorry dude

Really? KG averaged 20 and 10 in the playoffs doesn't sound like he's "done" to me. PP added another 19 a game. Older they are done they are not.

L.A. Chieffan
07-21-2012, 01:36 PM
Really? KG averaged 20 and 10 in the playoffs doesn't sound like he's "done" to me. PP added another 19 a game. Older they are done they are not.

Done

RealSNR
07-21-2012, 02:16 PM
it will be the Heat and the Nets as 1 and 2. But like someone said, it will be a big distance between 1 in the rest and the East, the East got worse (or will get worse) talent wise so the bottom half of the playoff seed teams will be much crappier.
Bulls? Pacers? Hawks? Any of them?

The Nets have DWill and...

What? What do they have?

MIAdragon
07-21-2012, 02:17 PM

What? What do they have?

My Pacers got better, next season is going to be interesting.

RealSNR
07-21-2012, 02:19 PM
My Pacers got better, next season is going to be interesting.

Absolutely. If Rose isn't healthy, the Pacers are going to be the easy favorite for the 2 seed in the east.

icepick64
07-21-2012, 02:24 PM
i'd have to agree, that roster kind of sucks, a bunch of unproven, lackluster role players, and two aging stars. Might as well add andre miller while your at it...

mcaj22
07-21-2012, 03:16 PM

What? What do they have?

Bulls wont have D-Rose, Ferry just blew up the Hawks roster, all they have left is Horford and Josh Smith. They will be starting Lou Williams at SG, they are going nowhere.

Nets have Deron, Joe Johnson, Crash Wallace and Brooks Lopez. All things considered if they stay healthy that is the best 2 seed roster you can find in the east.

Pacers rely on a deep bench and in a long season veteran teams dont need to play with a deep bench because you get more days off. So teams like the Celtics can go back to a 7 man rotation and win easily, cause their old players get breaks.

noa
07-21-2012, 03:24 PM
Not seeing it with the Celtics.

The Bad Guy
07-21-2012, 07:24 PM
how are the Nets not 2 in the East? Who is then? the Knicks lol? If the Celtics arent 2, someone has to be. And it's certainly not the Bulls without their best player.

there is literally no other teams or the East with talent. Next year goes back to a full season and teams like the Pacers and Sixers will get steam rolled.

Pacers are a better team. Celtics are a better team. Knicks are a deeper team.

The Nets have the softest front court in basketball. Neither guy can defend for shit. Lopez is a soft rebounder. Hump is a nice rebounder, but again can't defend.

Joe Johnson isn't making that much of a difference. He's a guy who takes the ball out of Williams hands since Johnson likes to stall the ball and play one on one a lot.

Why would the Pacers get steam rolled? They have solid PG play with Hill, a really underrated 2 guard in Paul George, a scorer in Granger and a pretty nice front court.

Nets won't sniff a 2 seed at any point this upcoming season.

The Bad Guy
07-21-2012, 07:25 PM
Bulls wont have D-Rose, Ferry just blew up the Hawks roster, all they have left is Horford and Josh Smith. They will be starting Lou Williams at SG, they are going nowhere.

Nets have Deron, Joe Johnson, Crash Wallace and Brooks Lopez. All things considered if they stay healthy that is the best 2 seed roster you can find in the east.

Pacers rely on a deep bench and in a long season veteran teams dont need to play with a deep bench because you get more days off. So teams like the Celtics can go back to a 7 man rotation and win easily, cause their old players get breaks.

The Celtics roster is better and I don't even love that roster. By the end of an 82 game season, players are tired. You might be the only person I've ever read in my life try to argue that a long bench isn't beneficial during the regular season. It absolutely is.

Titty Meat
07-21-2012, 07:36 PM
Did the Pacers match the Trailblazers offer for Hibbert?

Hammock Parties
07-21-2012, 07:39 PM
Terry is not a PG.

And he's a bad defender who won't fit what the C's do on defense.

whoman69
07-21-2012, 07:48 PM
Pacers are a better team. Celtics are a better team. Knicks are a deeper team.

The Nets have the softest front court in basketball. Neither guy can defend for shit. Lopez is a soft rebounder. Hump is a nice rebounder, but again can't defend.

Joe Johnson isn't making that much of a difference. He's a guy who takes the ball out of Williams hands since Johnson likes to stall the ball and play one on one a lot.

Why would the Pacers get steam rolled? They have solid PG play with Hill, a really underrated 2 guard in Paul George, a scorer in Granger and a pretty nice front court.

Nets won't sniff a 2 seed at any point this upcoming season.

If I were the Nets I'd use Johnson as a sixth man like the Olympic team does with Melo. Its best that if you have someone who is going to hog the ball that much to put him with the second unit where he can dominate.

The Bad Guy
07-21-2012, 10:31 PM

Yep.

The Bad Guy
07-21-2012, 10:32 PM
If I were the Nets I'd use Johnson as a sixth man like the Olympic team does with Melo. Its best that if you have someone who is going to hog the ball that much to put him with the second unit where he can dominate.

Agreed.

Their bench is really awful too.

The Nets spent a ton of money and really spent it poorly, IMHO.

MIAdragon
07-21-2012, 10:38 PM

Yes and no, he never actually signed Portland's offer sheet.