PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Todd Haley is the "Mystery of Pittsburgh"

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-02-2012, 08:28 AM
God I hope Pittsburgh just lays the fucking wood on Cassel.

-King-
10-21-2012, 09:21 AM
Ben Roethlisberger: Todd Haley’s offense is “dink-and-dunk”
Posted by Michael David Smith on October 21, 2012, 7:52 AM EDT

The questions about whether Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger can get along with first-year offensive coordinator Todd Haley are continuing, and Roethlisberger has made some comments that suggest that he’s not altogether happy with the playcalling in Pittsburgh.

Asked if the Steelers can get more big plays offensively, Roethlisberger suggested that big plays are going to be hard to come by with the way Haley runs the show.

“Haley’s offense is not a big-play offense,” Roethlisberger told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “It’s kind of a dink-and-dunk offense.”

Roethlisberger noted that the Steelers got a big play in Tennessee when he threw an 82-yard touchdown pass to Mike Wallace, but that Haley didn’t call any more deep balls to Wallace after that.

“There’s a guy calling the plays. That’s on him,” Roethlisberger said.

If the quarterback and the guy calling the plays aren’t on the same page, that’s a problem for the Steelers.

Ace Gunner
10-21-2012, 09:27 AM
Just now, Kurt Warner all but called Ben an idiot for saying that. Says the offense is the same he played and it isn't dink/dunk at all. Says they have a poor OL and no run game, so they have to use the passing game as a ball control to eat the clock for defense.

chiefzilla1501
10-21-2012, 09:27 AM

The questions about whether Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger can get along with first-year offensive coordinator Todd Haley are continuing, and Roethlisberger has made some comments that suggest that he’s not altogether happy with the playcalling in Pittsburgh.

Asked if the Steelers can get more big plays offensively, Roethlisberger suggested that big plays are going to be hard to come by with the way Haley runs the show.

“Haley’s offense is not a big-play offense,” Roethlisberger told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “It’s kind of a dink-and-dunk offense.”

Roethlisberger noted that the Steelers got a big play in Tennessee when he threw an 82-yard touchdown pass to Mike Wallace, but that Haley didn’t call any more deep balls to Wallace after that.

If the quarterback and the guy calling the plays aren’t on the same page, that’s a problem for the Steelers.

Ben Roethlisberger has been sacked 1 time in the last 3 games. He averages about 40+ sacks per year including the dozens of times he gets absolutely annihilated. He is a QB who holds onto the ball for a long time. And at the age of 30, he can't afford to keep doing that. He hasn't played a full season in years and the injuries are going to be harder to overcome.

The Steelers are going to be fine, especially when Mendenhall is 100%. But Haley is a very good hire for Pittsburgh because somebody HAS to tell Big Ben that he can't play the same style he played in when he was in his 20's.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-21-2012, 09:30 AM
They are not fine though. 2-3 losing to bad to below average teams in the Faid, Titans, and Donkeys.

Ace Gunner
10-21-2012, 09:39 AM
They are not fine though. 2-3 losing to bad to below average teams in the Faid, Titans, and Donkeys.

That defense is long in tooth up front and the OL is avg plus banged up, so is the RB's & run game obviously isn't helping this team at all.

Palomalu out too.

It's smart for them to use WCO pass game at this time and that is Haley at work there. Ben R needs to shut it and play smart ball. The Steelers aren't what they were and he needs to get that or he could get hurt too.

Mr. Laz
10-21-2012, 09:41 AM
last time i looked the pittsburgh offense was ranked like 17th, even with a super bowl QB.

SAUTO
10-21-2012, 09:43 AM

This. Players used to success don't like dink and dunk
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefshrink
10-21-2012, 09:44 AM
An aging team, Todd Haley and potato chip RB's(easily break) are why the Steelers are struggling this year.

chiefzilla1501
10-21-2012, 09:49 AM
That defense is long in tooth up front and the OL is avg plus banged up, so is the RB's & run game obviously isn't helping this team at all.

Palomalu out too.

It's smart for them to use WCO pass game at this time and that is Haley at work there. Ben R needs to shut it and play smart ball. The Steelers aren't what they were and he needs to get that or he could get hurt too.

This. To pin this on the offensive system at this point is absurd. I don't know if this system will work, but things change when two of your starting offensive linemen are out and your running game is reliant on two RBs who are barely third stringers. And to pin losses on an offensive collapse when in fact this is one of the worst Steelers defense we've seen in years is also absurd.

Haley deserves at least a half year to build the system and you should see what he does with his full squad in place before we react to whether the system is working or not.

CaliforniaChief
10-21-2012, 09:52 AM
When Big Ben called Haley's offense "dink and dunk", Cassel said "Perfect!" and promptly sent an application to Pittsburgh for when his ass is sent out of KC.

Woodchuck
10-21-2012, 10:49 AM
When Big Ben called Haley's offense "dink and dunk", Cassel said "Perfect!" and promptly sent an application to Pittsburgh for when his ass is sent out of KC.

Haley isn't going to be there long enough for that to happen.

BossChief
10-22-2012, 06:48 PM
If we are 2-3 or worse and losing at halftime of the tb game, Cassel will get yanked.

Bet?

Im sure this would have happened if Orton was here but I'm not jumping on the Stanzi bandwagon just yet.
Posted via Mobile Device

I didn't say he would get yanked for Stanzi.

I just know that Crennel and Zorn aren't fans of Cassels at all and if we are staring 2-4 down...that's the logical point to make a change.

Hey Dane...

Did you hear what Romeo had to say about Cassel at the scouting combine?

How about what Hali said about him after either the gb or oak game?

Dude is gonna be on a short leash.

I'll take that bet BossChief.

1 month avatar?

Deal. So if he's not week before week 7 I win?

If the record is as I said it, yes.

The deal voids at a third win before the bye, basically.

Billay, you get to wear the Stanzi avatar for a month, too.

Come out, come out wherever you are...

Brock
10-22-2012, 07:02 PM

Uh-oh.

chiefzilla1501
10-22-2012, 07:04 PM
Uh-oh.

That was written before yesterday's game. They won.

Brock
10-22-2012, 07:06 PM
That was written before yesterday's game. They won.

Well, I guess that fixes the fact that Roethlisberger doesn't like his OC or his system.

chiefzilla1501
10-22-2012, 07:14 PM
Well, I guess that fixes the fact that Roethlisberger doesn't like his OC or his system.

I don't take much stock in what an outspoken guy thinks about a new offense 6 games after an OC he really liked got fired.

Bruce Arians revolved the Steelers offense around letting Big Ben freelance. That's what Big Ben wants. He's 30 now and his body is beaten the fuck up. Despite having one of the worst offensive lines in his career, he's probably the least abused he's been in years. Whether Ben likes it or not, a new offensive approach was absolutely necessary for him.

Brock
10-22-2012, 07:16 PM
I don't take much stock in what an outspoken guy thinks about a new offense 6 games after an OC he really liked got fired.

Bruce Arians revolved the Steelers offense around letting Big Ben freelance. That's what Big Ben wants. He's 30 now and his body is beaten the fuck up. Despite having one of the worst offensive lines in his career, he's probably the least abused he's been in years. Whether Ben likes it or not, a new offensive approach was absolutely necessary for him.

That's funny, Arians seems to be doing just fine with a rookie QB. I'd like to see Todd Haley try that.

chiefzilla1501
10-22-2012, 07:21 PM
That's funny, Arians seems to be doing just fine with a rookie QB. I'd like to see Todd Haley try that.

I don't care what Arians is doing with a different QB. I didn't say he was a bad coordinator. Andrew Luck is not Big Ben. Big Ben is notorious for holding the ball way too long. The longest of any QB I've seen. He has been successful because he can stand in the pocket and get the crap beat out of him, and still deliver a successful pass. Arians took advantage of that and had Ben run shotgun spread sets that made him bait. Big Ben was getting killed in that offense. He regularly takes about 50 sacks and that doesn't count all the times he gets destroyed on a non-sack.

Arians' offense was fine for Big Ben then. It isn't good for Ben now. Steve Young went through the same change. You can't play the same way over 30, in many cases, as you did when you were 25.

BossChief
10-22-2012, 07:41 PM

Who cares what he likes or doesn't like?

He isn't taking a beating every game and his numbers across the board are up.

Kurt Warner didn't like Haley at first, either...but he has nothing but good things to say about him now because of his results.

So will Big Ben...just give it time to play out.

Haley is doing what should have been done a few years ago...he is balancing the offense and keeping Bens jersey clean while developing his short game to make him lethal while attacking anywhere on the field by years end.

BossChief
10-22-2012, 07:42 PM

This is not meant as a knock on Arians...but ANYONE would have done the same job with a player like Luck.

Brock
10-22-2012, 07:46 PM
Who cares what he likes or doesn't like?

He isn't taking a beating every game and his numbers across the board are up.

Kurt Warner didn't like Haley at first, either...but he has nothing but good things to say about him now because of his results.

So will Big Ben...just give it time to play out.

Haley is doing what should have been done a few years ago...he is balancing the offense and keeping Bens jersey clean while developing his short game to make him lethal while attacking anywhere on the field by years end.

he's already said that he took over playcalling himself at least once. he doesn't respect Haley, that much should be pretty clear.

Brock
10-22-2012, 07:46 PM
This is not meant as a knock on Arians...but ANYONE would have done the same job with a player like Luck.

You're engaging in hyperbole.

BossChief
10-22-2012, 07:50 PM
he's already said that he took over playcalling himself at least once. he doesn't respect Haley, that much should be pretty clear.

Well, that doesn't surprise me.

Not the first time someone told him one thing and he did the exact opposite.

Was he right then, too?

SAUTO
10-22-2012, 07:53 PM
Well, that doesn't surprise me.

Not the first time someone told him one thing and he did the exact opposite.

Was he right then, too?
Oh come on now...
Posted via Mobile Device

BossChief
10-22-2012, 07:54 PM
I forgot to add in the :evil:

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2012, 07:56 PM

Untrue

Ace Gunner
10-22-2012, 08:25 PM
Arians is a good coach, but he got caught playing favorites with the QB instead of doing his job and he got canned for it.

Should be familiar scenario to Chiefs fans, but there are some who just don't judge fairly.

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2012, 09:16 PM
Arians is a good coach, but he got caught playing favorites with the QB instead of doing his job and he got canned for it.

Should be familiar scenario to Chiefs fans, but there are some who just don't judge fairly.

Bull fucking shit.

Tomlin was stuck with Arians when he was hired. They never got along. Last year's playoff game gave him enough juice to fire Arians.

End of story.

Fritz88
10-22-2012, 09:21 PM

The 2008 AZ offense disagrees.

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2012, 09:25 PM
The 2008 AZ offense disagrees.

That was Whisenhunt and Warner, not Haley and Rothlisberger.

BossChief
10-22-2012, 09:32 PM
That was Whisenhunt and Warner, not Haley and Rothlisberger.

Todd called those plays, Dane.

Not Ken.

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2012, 09:33 PM
Todd called those plays, Dane.

Not Ken.

He was GREATLY influenced by Whiz. Whiz called the plays in 2008 and was directing the offense in 2009.

It's pretty clear who's philosophy is dink and dunk and who's is the downfield pass.

BossChief
10-22-2012, 09:45 PM
He was GREATLY influenced by Whiz. Whiz called the plays in 2008 and was directing the offense in 2009.

It's pretty clear who's philosophy is dink and dunk and who's is the downfield pass.

Haley called the plays in their superbowl year in 2008 and part of 2007, he also had a lot of power in personnel calls in 2008.

Just ask Kurt Warner and Anquan Boldin.

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2012, 09:50 PM
Haley called the plays in their superbowl year in 2008 and part of 2007, he also had a lot of power in personnel calls in 2008.

Just ask Kurt Warner and Anquan Boldin.

I don't buy it. I can buy that he was the "coordinator", in terms of preparing the game plan, etc. but not calling the game. That wasn't Haley as much as it was Whiz.

The playcalling from 2008 to the Chiefs 2009 were too different. Haley may have called the plays for Arizona in 2008 but it was Whisenhunt's philosophy driving the bus. Haley's philosophy has proven to be far different.

Keep in mind, Whiz and Arians share the same philosophy, which isn't shared by Haley and is currently bumming out Ben.

Ace Gunner
10-22-2012, 09:52 PM
Bull ****ing shit.

Tomlin was stuck with Arians when he was hired. They never got along. Last year's playoff game gave him enough juice to fire Arians.

End of story.

google "bruce arians retires" fool. heh

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2012, 09:52 PM

What about it "fool"?

Ace Gunner
10-22-2012, 09:54 PM

ROFL you are a garbage poster.

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2012, 09:55 PM
ROFL you are a garbage poster.

Fuck you, you stupid fucking cunt:

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/33650/arians-retirement-ends-for-unlikely-spot

Arians' return to coaching was a quick one. On Jan. 20, the Steelers sent out an official statement saying Arians had informed coach Mike Tomlin that he was retiring. A few days later, Arians revealed that he was pushed out after team president Art Rooney II informed him that his contract was not being renewed.

-------------

You're a fucking dumbass.

Brock
10-22-2012, 09:56 PM

Yeah, he "retired" after Rooney told him he wasn't getting a contract.

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2012, 09:58 PM
Yeah, he "retired" after Rooney told him he wasn't getting a contract.

I already linked it.

What the fuck is up with these dumbass fucking posters?

And how are they in the green?

JFC. This forum has been infested with fucking retards.

-King-
10-22-2012, 09:58 PM
Bull fucking shit.

Tomlin was stuck with Arians when he was hired.

FUCKING PIOLI!!...ERR ROONEY!

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2012, 09:59 PM
FUCKING PIOLI!!...ERR ROONEY!

IIRC, Tomlin didn't hire any of his coaches. LeBeau, Arians, etc. were already in place.

BossChief
10-22-2012, 10:00 PM
I don't buy it. I can buy that he was the "coordinator", in terms of preparing the game plan, etc. but not calling the game. That wasn't Haley as much as it was Whiz.

The playcalling from 2008 to the Chiefs 2009 were too different. Haley may have called the plays for Arizona in 2008 but it was Whisenhunt's philosophy driving the bus. Haley's philosophy has proven to be far different.

Keep in mind, Whiz and Arians share the same philosophy, which isn't shared by Haley and is currently bumming out Ben.
Haley took over playcalling for the Cardinals in late 2007 and kept it until he left for KC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Todd_Haley

In 2007, Haley joined Ken Whisenhunt's coaching staff for the Arizona Cardinals as the team's offensive coordinator. Haley did not start calling plays for the Cardinals until late in the season.[4] The Cardinals finished in the top half of the NFL in multiple offensive categories.

Under Haley’s guidance, the Cardinals offense in 2008 was one of the league’s most innovative and explosive units.[2] Arizona tied for third in the league in scoring, registering a franchise-record 427 points (26.7 ppg).[2] The Cardinals were fourth in total offense, averaging 365.8 yards per game.[2] Arizona was second in the league in passing offense (292.1 ypg) and ranked sixth in the NFL with 20.5 first downs per game.[2] The Cardinals finished the season with a 9-7 record and a playoff berth after winning the NFC West Division title. The Cardinals went on to appear in their first Super Bowl in franchise history after the team scored more than 30 points in each of its three playoff games.

In Super Bowl XLIII, the Cardinals offense played the NFL's top-ranked Pittsburgh Steelers defense.[5] Trailing 17–7 at halftime, the Cardinals offense fought back after a 13-point deficit and led the game 23–20 with just over two minutes remaining.[5] The Cardinals lost 27–23 in the game's final seconds.[5]

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2012, 10:02 PM
Haley took over playcalling for the Cardinals in late 2007 and kept it until he left for KC.

Dude, come on. I don't need Wikipedia to tell me something that my eyes can clearly see.

Again, Haley may have been the coordinator but he was doing everything Whisenhunt asked. It was HIS vision for the offense, not Haley's.

That should be clear after watching the Chiefs under Haley for 2+ seasons.

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-22-2012, 10:02 PM
Dude, come on. I don't need Wikipedia to tell me something that my eyes can clearly see.

Again, Haley may have been the coordinator but he was doing everything Whisenhunt asked. It was HIS vision for the offense, not Haley's.

That should be clear after watching the Chiefs under Haley for 2+ seasons.

What a dumb ass just WOW.

Brock
10-22-2012, 10:03 PM

"Haley will be a head coach within two years" ROFLROFLROFL

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2012, 10:04 PM

Why don't you go ahead and show the similarities between the playcalling in Arizona and the playcalling Kansas City.

Thanks.

Oh, and go fuck yourself while doing it, Dumbass.

mcaj22
10-22-2012, 10:04 PM
lol

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-22-2012, 10:05 PM
Why don't you go ahead and show the similarities between the playcalling in Arizona and the playcalling Kansas City.

Thanks.

Oh, and go **** yourself while doing it, Dumbass.

JFC you cant be this dumb can you? Haley had a QB he could open the O up with the Cards.

DaneMcCloud
"Haley will be a head coach within two years" ROFLROFLROFL

Yeah, this guy is a real fucking genius.

DaneMcCloud
JFC you cant be this dumb can you? Haley had a QB he could open the O up with the Cards.

Haley?

Sure he did. And Ben can't?

LMAO

chiefzilla1501
10-22-2012, 10:06 PM
Incidentally, it's a little hard to call your offense dink and dunk when your QB is projected to throw 4,700 yards. Big Ben is on pace to have his most productive season in the NFL by a mile.

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2012, 10:06 PM
The Haley apologists never cease to amaze me.

If the guy was black, he'd be the most hated coach in Chiefs history.

Ace Gunner
10-22-2012, 10:07 PM

Thanks.

Oh, and go **** yourself while doing it, Dumbass.

what is it you are missing when you compare Matt Cassel to Kurt Warner. You can call all the AZ plays you want idiot, Cassel won't deliver. Duh LMAO

DaneMcCloud
Incidentally, it's a little hard to call your offense dink and dunk when your QB is projected to throw 4,700 yards. Big Ben is on pace to have his most productive season in the NFL by a mile.

Right, because yards after the catch don't count.

ShowtimeSBMVP
Yeah, this guy is a real ****ing genius.

Someone is Bitter, Truth hurts i know.

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2012, 10:09 PM
Someone is Bitter, Truth hurts i know.

LMAO

You're a jackass.

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2012, 10:10 PM
what is it you are missing when you compare Matt Cassel to Kurt Warner. You can call all the AZ plays you want idiot, Cassel won't deliver. Duh LMAO

You're a fucking idiot.

If Haley shared Whisenhunt's philosophy, why is Rothlisberger bitching to the media about Haley?

I know you're missing a chromosome but that doesn't give you a pass.

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2012, 10:12 PM

And they're 3-3 and lost to the Raiders and Titans.

Hardly impressive.

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-22-2012, 10:12 PM
You're a ****ing idiot.

If Haley shared Whisenhunt's philosophy, why is Rothlisberger bitching to the media about Haley?

I know you're missing a chromosome but that doesn't give you a pass.

I don't know it you noticed but in 2009 without HALEY. The Cards O took a step back.

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-22-2012, 10:13 PM
Cards O 2008 with Haley 4th in the NFL.
Cards O 2009 (same players) 14th in the NFL

BossChief
10-22-2012, 10:14 PM
The Haley apologists never cease to amaze me.

If the guy was black, he'd be the most hated coach in Chiefs history.

What are you trying to say, Dane?

Care to clarify who that was directed at?

chiefzilla1501
10-22-2012, 10:14 PM
And they're 3-3 and lost to the Raiders and Titans.

Hardly impressive.

I'm sure that has nothing to do with having a horrible defense and a banged up offensive line and having your starting RB out. Not to mention teaching your QB to run an entirely new offense.

Haley's offense has been mediocre so far in Pittsburgh. But pointing out the win/loss record and saying it's because of offensive scheme... it doesn't address the huge problems they've had this year that don't relate to Haley.

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2012, 10:15 PM
I don't know it you noticed but in 2009 without HALEY. The Cards O took a step back.

What? They did?

They went 10-6 and won the division. The previous year they were 9-7 and barely made the playoffs.

Furthermore, they beat the Packers in OT.

They hardly took a step back, as most teams don't repeat in the Super Bowl.

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2012, 10:15 PM
I'm sure that has nothing to do with having a horrible defense and a banged up offensive line and having your starting RB out. Not to mention teaching your QB to run an entirely new offense.

Haley's offense has been mediocre so far in Pittsburgh. But pointing out the win/loss record and saying it's because of offensive scheme... it doesn't address the huge problems they've had this year that don't relate to Haley.

That's nice of you to point out but clearly, Ben Rothlisberger, you know, the QB, disagrees.

This really isn't up for debate when the QB is publicly calling out the OC.

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-22-2012, 10:17 PM
What? They did?

They went 10-6 and won the division. The previous year they were 9-7 and barely made the playoffs.

Furthermore, they beat the Packers in OT.

They hardly took a step back, as most teams don't repeat in the Super Bowl.

2008 W Haley 4th in the NFL
2009 Without Haley 14th in the NFL

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2012, 10:18 PM
Care to clarify who that was directed at?

That was directed at no one, just an observation.

People around here HATED Herm with a passion. Some people stated they were "proud" when he was fired and Haley hired. Yet, Haley was a worse game day coach than Herm.

The bottom line is that Haley sucked ass as a head coach and he's being called out by his two-time Super Bowl winning QB, yet people here defend him.

It's fucking hilarious.

Ace Gunner
10-22-2012, 10:19 PM
That's nice of you to point out but clearly, Ben Rothlisberger, you know, the QB, disagrees.

So, are the Rooney's "out to get ben" hiring Haley to make him go away ??? LMAO

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2012, 10:20 PM
2008 W Haley 4th in the NFL
2009 Without Haley 14th in the NFL

That must be the loss of Haley.

LMAO

chiefzilla1501
10-22-2012, 10:20 PM

Big Ben operated in a dream offense under Arians. It was a freelancing offense. He was allowed to do whatever he wanted. That's a good offense to run when you're 28 years old. But Big Ben hasn't played a full season in 4 years and he's been banged up.

I'm sorry, but Big Ben has to change the way he plays. He can't be 30+ taking 50 sacks a year, playing games with a "Questionable" on the injury report every week. Vick had to change. Steve Young had to change. McNabb had to change. I don't expect Ben to like it. The question is can he live with it once the offense starts clicking, and they get their starters back?

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2012, 10:21 PM
So, are the Rooney's "out to get ben" hiring Haley to make him go away ??? LMAO

Your statement, much like your other statements, doesn't make any sense.

But thanks for admitting you were wrong about Arians. You're such a big man.

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2012, 10:21 PM
Big Ben operated in a dream offense under Arians. It was a freelancing offense. He was allowed to do whatever he wanted. That's a good offense to run when you're 28 years old. But Big Ben hasn't played a full season in 4 years and he's been banged up.

I'm sorry, but Big Ben has to change the way he plays. He can't be 30+ taking 50 sacks a year, playing games with a "Questionable" on the injury report every week. Vick had to change. Steve Young had to change. McNabb had to change. I don't expect Ben to like it. The question is can he live with it once the offense starts clicking, and they get their starters back?

Thanks, Coach.

Can you elaborate a little more about the fine job that Crennel and Pioli have done this season? Thanks.

keg in kc
10-22-2012, 10:22 PM

People around here HATED Herm with a passion. Some people stated they were "proud" when he was fired and Haley hired. Yet, Haley was a worse game day coach than Herm.

The bottom line is that Haley sucked ass as a head coach and he's being called out by his two-time Super Bowl winning QB, yet people here defend him.

It's ****ing hilarious.All people can think about right now is Pioli.

kcxiv
10-22-2012, 10:22 PM

Yep, i agree with this. Ben was getting killed the last 4 years, was he doing some good things? absolutely, but the human body cannot continue to take a beating the way he did in his wild style offense. Hell, my body cant even take dairy anymore and it pisses me off. haha point being, you gotta change sometimes, even if you dont like it. He's more then capable of change. He's a damned good qb.

chiefzilla1501
10-22-2012, 10:23 PM

It's ****ing hilarious.

I know. I got drilled for being the only guy on this board defending Herm. I defended Herm because even though I hated his game day coaching, I appreciated that he stood up to a tyrant of a GM dictating the wrong strategy. Same reason I support Haley.

I don't know if Haley is a good coach. Don't think anyone is calling him a great head coach or an offensive guru. Just want to know how he would have done if the GM let him at least coach, and didn't cripple him with a QB everybody knew was garbage.

BossChief
10-22-2012, 10:24 PM

Kurt Warner did the same thing before he gave in and went with what HALEY wanted to do on offense...in fact Warner actually got in TWO shouting matches with Todd early in 2007.

You didn't see Warner or Boldin arguing with Ken Wisenhunt about HIS offense, did you?

Now, Kurt praises Todd for the way he coaches players hard and is unpredictable in his playcalling....he credits that unpredictability with the teams emergence to the superbowl.

If you want proof, youtube his interviews prior to the 2008-2009 pro bowl where he and Larry asked Todd to join them because of how much they respected his contribution to their ascendance.

chiefzilla1501
Thanks, Coach.

Can you elaborate a little more about the fine job that Crennel and Pioli have done this season? Thanks.

Yes, I can. I was one of the biggest critics of the Romeo hire.

DaneMcCloud
I don't know if Haley is a good coach. Don't think anyone is calling him a great head coach or an offensive guru. Just want to know how he would have done if the GM let him at least coach, and didn't cripple him with a QB everybody knew was garbage.

His two-time Super Bowl QB is calling him out after six games and called him out before the season. If Haley doesn't produce in Pittsburgh by the end of the year, he's a goner.

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2012, 10:26 PM
Kurt Warner did the same thing before he gave in and went with what HALEY wanted to do on offense...in fact Warner actually got in TWO shouting matches with Todd early in 2007.

You didn't see Warner or Boldin arguing with Ken Wisenhunt about HIS offense, did you?

Now, Kurt praises Todd for the way he coaches players hard and is unpredictable in his playcalling....he credits that unpredictability with the teams emergence to the superbowl.

If you want proof, youtube his interviews prior to the 2008-2009 pro bowl where he and Larry asked Todd to join them because of how much they respected his contribution to their ascendance.

I cannot STAND Haley apologists. Fucking HATE them.

Haley is a fucking BOZO until proven otherwise. He completely FAILED in Kansas City and his new two time winning Super Bowl QB is calling him out after six games.

What will it take for you people to see that he's a fucking FRAUD?

-King-
10-22-2012, 10:26 PM
I'm sorry, but this just happens too fucking often to leave alone. It's become like a game to me LMAO

This game is just more proof that Haley will be getting another head coaching gig soon

Dude contradicts himself so fucking much.

BossChief
10-22-2012, 10:27 PM
Todd Haley wanted nothing to do with Matt Cassel and pushed Pioli to sign Matt Hasselback.

Who knows, maybe Haley could have turned Hasselback into his next Kurt Warner.

Kurt Warner was 3-12 as a starter of the Cardinals before Todd Haley got there.

okcchief
10-22-2012, 10:28 PM
Haley was a horrible head coach. I'm not sure why that would even be argued.

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-22-2012, 10:28 PM
Todd Haley wanted nothing to do with Matt Cassel and pushed Pioli to sign Matt Hasselback.

Facts mean nothing to him. He just has pure hate for Haley.

-King-
10-22-2012, 10:29 PM

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-G-HuyiojS5g/TwuVxL68DGI/AAAAAAAATeg/ciDQrwp1YpI/s1600/Cosby+copy.jpg

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2012, 10:29 PM
I'm sorry, but this just happens too fucking often to leave alone. It's become like a game to me LMAO

Dude contradicts himself so fucking much.

That was a joke.

Thanks for playing.

-King-
10-22-2012, 10:30 PM
Facts mean nothing to him. He just has pure hate for Haley.

Not really. He and you are a lot alike. You both think Haley will get a head coaching job soon

BossChief
Haley was a horrible head coach. I'm not sure why that would even be argued.

Matt Cassel

People would think Haley was terrible in Arizona, too, if he was forced to play Leinart for 4 years....instead, he parlayed the OCjob into a HC spot where he was handcuffed to a sub-leinart quality QB.

The Rooneys obviously see that, too.

Ace Gunner
I'm sorry, but this just happens too ****ing often to leave alone. It's become like a game to me LMAO

Dude contradicts himself so ****ing much.

he's got to be a meth head or what? he tells all these wild stories about the NFL that I never read anywhere.

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-22-2012, 10:31 PM
Not really. He and you are a lot alike. You both think Haley will get a head coaching job soon

He Will.

-King-
That was a joke.

Thanks for playing.

:thumb: My bad.

DaneMcCloud

When?

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2012, 10:32 PM
:thumb: My bad.

12 years and no sarcasm smilie.

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-22-2012, 10:32 PM
When?

Kevin Harlan on 810- Todd Haley wanted Matt Hasselbeck

http://www.stationcaster.com/p...74&f=777441

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265216

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2012, 10:33 PM
he's got to be a meth head or what? he tells all these wild stories about the NFL that I never read anywhere.

Oh, so you were unable to read the story I linked in this very thread?

Sounds like a personal problem.

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2012, 10:33 PM
Kevin Harlan on 810- Todd Haley wanted Matt Hasselbeck

http://www.stationcaster.com/p...74&f=777441

When? When did Haley want him?

And why? JFC, Hasselbeck was done in 2006, IMO.

BossChief
10-22-2012, 10:34 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-G-HuyiojS5g/TwuVxL68DGI/AAAAAAAATeg/ciDQrwp1YpI/s1600/Cosby+copy.jpg

Hasselback >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cassel.

Orton >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cassel

Hasselback >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Orton

do you disagree?

Kurt Warner was 3-12 as a starter of the Cardinals the 2 years before Haley got there.

ShowtimeSBMVP

Anything would of been better then Cassel.

BossChief

So was Kurt Warner

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2012, 10:35 PM
Hasselback >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cassel.

Orton >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cassel

Hasselback >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Orton

do you disagree?

Kurt Warner was 3-12 as a starter of the Cardinals the 2 years before Haley got there.

3-12 under Whisenhunt?

Dave Lane
10-22-2012, 10:35 PM
Hey I liked Haley, wish Pioli had got the axe instead and we had gotten a quality GM that actually helped his HCs and valued QBs.

So sue me.

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-22-2012, 10:36 PM
Haley Last year had this team in first place week 9. Then Pioli started his shit with him. Remember Pioli wanted to fire Haley after the playoffs in 2010.

BossChief
10-22-2012, 10:36 PM

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-22-2012, 10:37 PM

Maybe 2013

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2012, 10:37 PM
So was Kurt Warner

No, he wasn't. Not even close.

He shouldn't have signed with the Giants. He wasn't a good fit for Dennis Green's West Coast offense but no one would sign him after the way things ended in St. Louis.

He came back and was as close as he could have been to another Super Bowl.

Hasselbeck never got to another Super Bowl, nor did he even resurrect his career. He was a journeyman and made poor decisions under pressure and still does to this day.

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2012, 10:38 PM
Hey I liked Haley, wish Pioli had got the axe instead and we had gotten a quality GM that actually helped his HCs and valued QBs.

So sue me.

Just faxed over the papers.

See you in court.

:D

PS - Bring some hot chicks.

ShowtimeSBMVP

He shouldn't have signed with the Giants. He wasn't a good fit for Dennis Green's West Coast offense but no one would sign him after the way things ended in St. Louis.

Hasselbeck never got to another Super Bowl, nor did he even resurrect his career. He was a journeyman and made poor decisions under pressure and still does to this day.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/1682/kurt-warner

Warner was done until Haley got to him. STATS DON'T LIE.

BossChief
3-12 under Whisenhunt?

Who gives a fuck?

Kurt Warner was hot, old garbage that had won 3 of his last 15 starts when Haley spoke up for him and less than two years later, they were in the superbowl and Kurt and Fitzgerald both credit Haley.

Those are FACTS, Dane....no matter how much you want put your spin on them.

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2012, 10:39 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/1682/kurt-warner

Warner was done until Haley got to him. STATS DON'T LIE.

Oh for Fuck's sake, it was THE SYSTEM.

JFC. Are you really this stupid?

His QB rating from 2006 was nearly identical to 2007.

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2012, 10:41 PM
Who gives a fuck?

Kurt Warner was hot, old garbage that had won 3 of his last 15 starts when Haley spoke up for him and less than two years later, they were in the superbowl and Kurt and Fitzgerald both credit Haley.

Those are FACTS, Dane....no matter how much you want put your spin on them.

LMAO

Okay, whatever. I'll disagree until the ends of the earth, so this conversation is going nowhere.

If Haley is paying you guys for saying this shit, expect those payment to end soon.

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-22-2012, 10:41 PM
Oh for ****'s sake, it was THE SYSTEM.

JFC. Are you really this stupid?

His QB rating from 2006 was nearly identical to 2007.

What a Dumbass did you really just compare 6 starts in 2006 to 14 in 07?

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2012, 10:42 PM
What a Dumbass did you really just compare 6 starts in 2006 to 14 in 07?

LOOK AT HIS QB RATING YOU FUCKSTICK!

JFC, you're bordering on Bobtard type of fucking stupidity.

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-22-2012, 10:42 PM
LOOK AT HIS QB RATING YOU ****STICK!

ROFL

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2012, 10:43 PM
ROFL

What is so funny, Fuckface?

Trying to save your ass?

Dave Lane
10-22-2012, 10:44 PM
Dane I know you aren't a Haley fan but he could coach guys up.

Answer this honestly:

Since Haley was fired which Chiefs player has ascended?

probably Houston but I think the talent was there and started before Haley left. Any one else?

ShowtimeSBMVP
What is so funny, ****face?

Trying to save your ass?

6 starts vs 14 i really hope your fucking around.

BossChief

Kurt Warner was 3-12 in his last two years before Haley got there with Ken Wisenhunt in 2007.

If you want to go all the way back to 2002, the guy was 8-23 as a starter in the NFL PRIOR TO TODD HALEY.

Hot

Old

Garbage

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-22-2012, 10:45 PM

Answer this honestly:

probably Houston but I think the talent was there and started before Haley left. Any one else?

Every Player has taking a step back it look's like, But to be fair Crennel is just a awful coach.

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2012, 10:46 PM

Answer this honestly:

What player(s) ascended while Haley was head coach?

Please don't say Bowe, as Bowe was already a 1,000 yard receiver.

D.J. "ascended" but my information has led me to believe that it was due to Romeo, not Haley. But since I can't share, I'll say it's a push.

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2012, 10:47 PM
Kurt Warner was 3-12 in his last two years before Haley got there with Ken Wisenhunt in 2007.

If you want to go all the way back to 2002, the guy was 8-23 as a starter in the NFL PRIOR TO TODD HALEY.

Hot

Old

Garbage

Sorry, I don't buy that Todd Haley magically resurrected his career. That's fucking laughable.

If anything, it was Whisenhunt and the Erhart/Perkins offense, not anything Todd Haley did.

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-22-2012, 10:47 PM
What player(s) ascended while Haley was head coach?

Please don't say Bowe, as Bowe was already a 1,000 yard receiver.

D.J. "ascended" but my information has led me to believe that it was due to Romeo, not Haley. But since I can't share, I'll say it's a push.

Yeah cause Haley benching DJ in 09 when crennel wasn't here had nothing to do with. JFC this guy is funny.

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2012, 10:48 PM
6 starts vs 14 i really hope your fucking around.

Again, WHAT THE FUCK IS YOUR POINT?

First, you say to compare the years. I did. The QB rating was virtually identical. Then, you laugh and say this.

Again, what's your fucking point?

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2012, 10:48 PM
Yeah cause Haley benching DJ in 09 when crennel wasn't here had nothing to do with. JFC this guy is funny.

Do you know ANYTHING about Derrick Johnson's personal life?

If not, SHUT THE FUCK UP.

And "This Guy" is going to destroy your stupid ass.

Buckle up, Cunt. You're in for a long fucking ride.

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-22-2012, 10:49 PM

If not, SHUT THE **** UP.

Buckle up, ****. You're in for a long ****ing ride.

DJ this year has taking a step back ? If it was Crennel why is this?

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2012, 10:50 PM

I'm not answering the question until YOU answer the question.

That's how it works, Dumbass.

Actually, you have MULTIPLE unanswered questions, genius.

BossChief
10-22-2012, 10:51 PM
There is no arguing against FACTS, Dane.

Its not like I'm throwing out a bunch of my opinions here, Im hitting ya with straight factual evidence.

Kurt Warner won 8 games in 5 years and then under Haleys playcalling, he was in the superbowl in less than 2 seasons.

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-22-2012, 10:51 PM
I'm not answering the question until YOU answer the question.

That's how it works, Dumbass.

How can you compare 6 starts vs 14 is all I'm asking? Cassel in 2010 during his hot 6 weeks was up in 90's rating. A lot harder to do it over 14 games then 6.

Dave Lane
10-22-2012, 10:52 PM

Hell the whole team has taken 2 steps back. Either Haley was a master manipulator (Flowers was a favorite of Haleys) or Crennel is a dumpster fire.

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2012, 10:53 PM
How can you compare 6 starts vs 14 is all I'm asking? Cassel in 2010 during his hot 6 weeks was up in 90's rating. A lot harder to do it over 14 games then 6.

Give me a fucking break.

You stated that Warner was worse in 2006 than 2007, yet his stats disagree, the very SAME stats in which you stated told the story.

You lose.

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-22-2012, 10:55 PM
Give me a ****ing break.

You stated that Warner was worse in 2006 than 2007, yet his stats disagree, the very SAME stats in which you stated told the story.

You lose.

Disagree

DaneMcCloud
There is no arguing against FACTS, Dane.

Its not like I'm throwing out a bunch of my opinions here, Im hitting ya with straight factual evidence.

Kurt Warner won 8 games in 5 years and then under Haleys playcalling, he was in the superbowl in less than 2 seasons.

And followed it up in 2009, without Haley, with another amazing season.

If you were correct (which you're not, no offense), Warner would have taken a step back in 2009. He didn't and the Cards won the division. They beat the Packers in OT and lost to the Saints.

Pretty good for a final season.

DaneMcCloud
Disagree

Then you're a bigger fucking idiot than I originally thought and JFC, that's really saying something.

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-22-2012, 10:57 PM
And followed it up in 2009, without Haley, with another amazing season.

If you were correct (which you're not, no offense), Warner would have taken a step back in 2009. He didn't and the Cards won the division. They beat the Packers in OT and lost to the Saints.

Pretty good for a final season.

Stop making up facts, IDK if you know this but the OC JOB is to run the whole O not just the QB.

2008 w Haley 4th in the NFL
2009 wo Haley 14th in the NFL

BossChief
10-22-2012, 11:00 PM

If not, SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Buckle up, Cunt. You're in for a long fucking ride.

I actually do...and he feels the same way about Haley as Larry Fitzgerald does.

Little tidbit about Haley and Fitzgerald...Fitz lost his mom to cancer some time back and after Larry caught his last TD in the superbowl (that should have been the game winner) he came to the sideline and after getting the celebrations from his teammates, he started walking to an empty part of the bench where nobody would be close to him.

Ken Wisenhunt started walking towards him to sit next to him and talk when Haley sprinted over and stopped Ken.

He grabbed Ken and told him to give Larry some time to himself because he knew what was going on.

Larry was talking to his mom and thanking her for everything.

Todd Haley was handcuffed to a losing situation in KC and once Ben realizes what Haley is trying to do with his career (resurrect it and get him back to the level of where he used to be) in Pittsburgh, he is gonna start playing lights out football again.

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-22-2012, 11:00 PM
Antonio Brown: Todd Haley is a 'first class' coach

By Brian McIntyre
Around the League writer
Published: Aug. 2, 2012 at 08:15 a.m.
Updated: Aug. 2, 2012 at 02:08 p.m.

In his stints as offensive coordinator with the Arizona Cardinals and head coach with the Kansas City Chiefs, Todd Haley earned a reputation for clashing with his superiors and subordinates. He had a sideline argument with Anquan Boldin in Arizona, and there was reportedly a major rift between Haley and Chiefs' general manager Scott Pioli that contributed to him being fired during the 2011 season.
Click on team name for full report; click here for a complete archive.

Haley's abrasive reputation led to questions about how he would get along with Ben Roethlisberger after the Pittsburgh Steelers hired Haley to replace Bruce Arians as offensive coordinator.

Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown had the scouting report on Haley, but says it couldn't have been more wrong.

"Todd's really a cool guy -- shaking guy's hands, communicating with guys, putting in that extra time for guys, visiting with guys. (Bruce) wasn't really that type of guy -- he just went about his business," Brown said, according to Dan Gigler of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

"You can't go off of what you hear about a person until you really get to meet him, and, since I met this guy, he's been first class."

It's possible that Brown still might be experiencing some euphoria after signing a five-year contract extension worth nearly $42 million last week. It's also worth noting that Brown hasn't run the wrong route or otherwise done something to draw Haley's wrath in the middle of the game. But it's also possible that Haley could have come to the realization that if he wants to be an NFL head coach again, he has to start playing nice with his players and his boss.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82afdeab/article/antonio-brown-todd-haley-is-a-first-class-coach

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2012, 11:04 PM
Antonio Brown: Todd Haley is a 'first class' coach

By Brian McIntyre
Around the League writer
Published: Aug. 2, 2012 at 08:15 a.m.
Updated: Aug. 2, 2012 at 02:08 p.m.

In his stints as offensive coordinator with the Arizona Cardinals and head coach with the Kansas City Chiefs, Todd Haley earned a reputation for clashing with his superiors and subordinates. He had a sideline argument with Anquan Boldin in Arizona, and there was reportedly a major rift between Haley and Chiefs' general manager Scott Pioli that contributed to him being fired during the 2011 season.
Click on team name for full report; click here for a complete archive.

Haley's abrasive reputation led to questions about how he would get along with Ben Roethlisberger after the Pittsburgh Steelers hired Haley to replace Bruce Arians as offensive coordinator.

Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown had the scouting report on Haley, but says it couldn't have been more wrong.

"Todd's really a cool guy -- shaking guy's hands, communicating with guys, putting in that extra time for guys, visiting with guys. (Bruce) wasn't really that type of guy -- he just went about his business," Brown said, according to Dan Gigler of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

"You can't go off of what you hear about a person until you really get to meet him, and, since I met this guy, he's been first class."

It's possible that Brown still might be experiencing some euphoria after signing a five-year contract extension worth nearly $42 million last week. It's also worth noting that Brown hasn't run the wrong route or otherwise done something to draw Haley's wrath in the middle of the game. But it's also possible that Haley could have come to the realization that if he wants to be an NFL head coach again, he has to start playing nice with his players and his boss.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82afdeab/article/antonio-brown-todd-haley-is-a-first-class-coach

Last time I checked, Brown was the QB

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2012, 11:05 PM
I actually do...and he feels the same way about Haley as Larry Fitzgerald does.

Little tidbit about Haley and Fitzgerald...Fitz lost his mom to cancer some time back and after Larry caught his last TD in the superbowl (that should have been the game winner) he came to the sideline and after getting the celebrations from his teammates, he started walking to an empty part of the bench where nobody would be close to him.

Ken Wisenhunt started walking towards him to sit next to him and talk when Haley sprinted over and stopped Ken.

He grabbed Ken and told him to give Larry some time to himself because he knew what was going on.

Larry was talking to his mom and thanking her for everything.

Todd Haley was handcuffed to a losing situation in KC and once Ben realizes what Haley is trying to do with his career (resurrect it and get him back to the level of where he used to be) in Pittsburgh, he is gonna start playing lights out football again.

I really don't give a shit about these fucking "feel good" stories about Todd fucking Haley.

Could you post some feel good stories about Herm Edwards? Or maybe Frank Gansz?

And clearly, you don't know about DJ.

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-22-2012, 11:06 PM
Last time I checked, Brown was the QB

He wasn't hired to make BIG BEN HAPPY.

BossChief
10-22-2012, 11:07 PM
love

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-22-2012, 11:08 PM
That brings us to Haley.

No one really knew what Haley would bring to the Steelers’ offense, but it has become clear now—Pittsburgh will be committed to the run.

6316340_crop_exact

Charles LeClaire-US PRESSWIRE

Haley has sent a message in training camp that the Steelers will be physical on offense, and they will be able to run the ball more effectively.

This is an obvious difference from training camp under Arians, where he had the offense focused primarily on throwing the ball.

It has been a complete turnaround under Haley.

Haley has a new offensive line to work with, including rookies David DeCastro and Mike Adams, and the line will definitely develop a nasty streak as camp progresses.

But even more than the personnel on the field, the team is developing a mindset on running the ball effectively.

Nearly every offensive play called during team drills has been a running play.

All of the running backs are getting involved. They are running inside and outside, and each day they are improving. It is the return of a physical brand of football.

Do not expect the Steelers to return to the days of a ground-and-pound offense, but they will be much better at it this year thanks to Haley.

More importantly, the Steelers now have their offensive identity back, and if things go as planned, it will indeed get them to where they want to go—a Super Bowl championship.
http://steelersmobile.com/wp/28336

What QB in the NFL wouldn't be pissed? Haley was hired to keep Ben on his feet not Hurt.

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2012, 11:08 PM
Stop making up facts, IDK if you know this but the OC JOB is to run the whole O not just the QB.

2008 w Haley 4th in the NFL
2009 wo Haley 14th in the NFL

Hey dumbshit, the Cardinals won the division in 2009. That is NOT a step backwards.

The 2004 Chiefs finished with higher offensive yardage ranking than the 2003 Chiefs, yet they only won 7 games.

Stats only tell part of the story.

BossChief
10-22-2012, 11:09 PM
I really don't give a shit about these fucking "feel good" stories about Todd fucking Haley.

Could you post some feel good stories about Herm Edwards? Or maybe Frank Gansz?

And clearly, you don't know about DJ.

yeah, actually..I do.

I know a whole lot about his personal situation, doesn't mean I am gonna post that information.

Let me tell you this much...there was a correlation between that story I posted and DJ.

That's all I'm gonna say.

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2012, 11:09 PM
http://steelersmobile.com/wp/28336

What QB in the NFL wouldn't be pissed? Haley was hired to keep Ben on his feet not Hurt.

How does a commitment to the running game affect the passing philosophy?

JFC, you talk out of your ass more than Roy III.

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2012, 11:10 PM
He wasn't hired to make BIG BEN HAPPY.

Gee, thanks.

:rolleyes:

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-22-2012, 11:11 PM
How does a commitment to the running game affect the passing philosophy?

JFC, you talk out of your ass more than RoyIII.

Someone is just Bitter time to get over your Hate.

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2012, 11:12 PM
Someone is just Bitter time to get over your Hate.

Please explain how a commitment to the ground game in any way, shape or form affects the passing philosophy.

Thanks in advance.

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-22-2012, 11:14 PM
Please explain how a commitment to the ground game in any way, shape or form affects the passing philosophy.

Thanks in advance.

It's called Ben Cant throw 40 times a game now like in the past.

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2012, 11:15 PM

Jesus Fuck.

You really don't get it. Seriously? THIS is your answer?

LMAO

jd1020
10-22-2012, 11:16 PM

You're right. He'll have to settle for 39.

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2012, 11:17 PM
You're right. He'll have to settle for 39.

Exactly.

LMAO

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2012, 11:17 PM

Just quit now. You're completely and utterly clueless and embarrassing yourself.

On second thought, continue.

:evil:

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-22-2012, 11:19 PM
Jesus ****.

You really don't get it. Seriously? THIS is your answer?

LMAO

http://www.nfl.com/videos/pittsburgh-steelers

Funny i don't see a lot of dink-and- dunks, Just a bitter QB that cant throw it 40 times now.

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2012, 11:22 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/pittsburgh-steelers

Funny i don't see a lot of dink-and- dunks, Just a bitter QB that cant throw it 40 times now.

:facepalm:

He's averaging 39 passing attempts per game. He's unhappy with the Dink-And-Dunk philosophy that Todd Haley has instilled in their offense, just like he did in Kansas City.

Ben wants to throw the ball down field. That's what Antonio Brown and Mike Wallace are for, to stretch the field and the opposing defenses.

But go ahead and put your head in the sand. It suits you.

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-22-2012, 11:24 PM
:facepalm:

He's averaging 39 passing attempts per game. He's unhappy with the Dink-And-Dunk philosophy that Todd Haley has instilled in their offense, just like he did in Kansas City.

Ben wants to throw the ball down field. That's what Antonio Brown and Mike Wallace are for, to stretch the field and the opposing defenses.

But go ahead and put your head in the sand. It suits you.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/pittsburgh-steelers/0ap2000000082277/Big-Ben-Haley-s-offense-is-not-a-big-play-offense GAME SET MATCH

You might wanna listen to Steve and Kurt. Funny how everyone agrees with Haley.

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2012, 11:28 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/pittsburgh-steelers/0ap2000000082277/Big-Ben-Haley-s-offense-is-not-a-big-play-offense

You might wanna listen to Steve and Kurt

Why? Why waste my time?

You are WRONG. You've been wrong throughout this entire thread.

I don't need to waste my time with NFL talking heads. The information is there before your eyes, from quotes to stats.

You lose. Now shut the fuck up.

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-22-2012, 11:28 PM
Why? Why waste my time?

You are WRONG. You've been wrong throughout this entire thread.

I don't need to waste my time with NFL talking heads. The information is there before your eyes, from quotes to stats.

You lose. Now shut the **** up.

Game Set Match i win. Please watch that don't be bitter.

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2012, 11:30 PM
Game Set Match i win. Please watch that don't be bitter.

You're fucking stupid.

Good luck with that, Dumbass.

I look forward to destroying your stupid ass for weeks on end.

And you can bet your ass I'll do it.

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2012, 11:37 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/pittsburgh-steelers/0ap2000000082277/Big-Ben-Haley-s-offense-is-not-a-big-play-offense GAME SET MATCH

LMAO

JFC, I'm running out of adjectives to describe your stupidity.

First off, Mariucci says he agrees with Ben! It's Dink & Dunk. Warner chimes in and says that it wasn't as dink & dunk in Arizona but it's a different system and different team in Pittsburgh.

So, neither refuted Ben, making your silly argument moot.

Hammock Parties
10-23-2012, 12:55 AM
It's interesting that Ben is in the top 10 in almost every statistical category, INCLUDING yards per attempt, but wants to criticize his OC.

BossChief
10-23-2012, 01:07 AM
A day or two ago, I showed how his numbers through 6 games last year to this year have ALL been improved drastically.

Rating was up 10 points
Total qbr was up over 10 points
Comp % up
Yards

His rankings as opposed to other qbs were also much higher.

Everything has been improved.

If the team had a heathy Harrison/Polamalu/Woodley all year, they would have a couple more wins...all while the hits he and taken were damn near cut in half.

The only gripe that I agree with is that They should dial up more deep passes, but maybe Haley is trying to kill tendencies so he can make it count when they start to heat up to go on a hot run into the playoffs.

Chess not checkers.

DaneMcCloud
10-23-2012, 01:37 AM
A day or two ago, I showed how his numbers through 6 games last year to this year have ALL been improved drastically.

Rating was up 10 points
Comp % up
Yards

If the team had a heathy Harrison/Polamalu/Woodley all year, they would have a couple more wins...all while the hits he and taken were damn near cut in half.

The only gripe that I agree with is that They should dial up more deep passes, but maybe Haley is trying to kill tendencies so he can make it count when they start to heat up to go on a hot run into the playoffs.

Chess not checkers.

Stats aside, they have lost to some bad teams. But with that said, there are very few good teams right now, especially in the AFC.

htismaqe
10-23-2012, 09:10 AM
Stats aside, they have lost to some bad teams. But with that said, there are very few good teams right now, especially in the AFC.

They've lost to some bad teams.

They've also been god awful in 3rd down defense and dropped to middle-of-the-pack in points against.

Look at this way.

375 points for, 232 against
325 poings for, 227 against

For 2012, they're on pace for:
373 points for, 352 against

htismaqe
10-23-2012, 09:11 AM
It's interesting that Ben is in the top 10 in almost every statistical category, INCLUDING yards per attempt, but wants to criticize his OC.

I said the same thing in another thread yesterday.

Easy 6
10-23-2012, 09:28 AM
He gets away with more crying to the media than any other QB, its been going on since the offseason, you'd think Tomlin would bring a big, fat hammer down on that.

Brock
10-23-2012, 09:34 AM
He gets away with more crying to the media than any other QB, its been going on since the offseason, you'd think Tomlin would bring a big, fat hammer down on that.

Yeah, because Tomlin is bigger than the franchise super bowl winning QB.

Rausch
10-23-2012, 09:41 AM

Rating was up 10 points
Comp % up
Yards

Chess not checkers.

I'd be curious to see how many sacks they gave up last year and this year...

htismaqe
10-23-2012, 09:45 AM
I'd be curious to see how many sacks they gave up last year and this year...

Ben was sacked 32 times in 2010 and 40 times last year.

He's on pace to be sacked 35 times this year.

Easy 6
10-23-2012, 10:01 AM
Yeah, because Tomlin is bigger than the franchise super bowl winning QB.

He's the head coach, he IS bigger, particularly when his QB is publicly calling the OC a dink & dunker, mid-season when they're still in the hunt.

And since the only time you ever interact with me is to be a jackoff about something, let me cordially invite you to stick it up your ass, all the way.

Brock
10-23-2012, 10:06 AM
He's the head coach, he IS bigger, particularly when his QB is publicly calling the OC a dink & dunker, mid-season when they're still in the hunt.

And since the only time you ever interact with me is to be a jackoff about something, let me cordially invite you to stick it up your ass, all the way.

Sir, it appears you may have a severe case of butthurt. This is an internet message board where arguments are the coin of the realm. If you don't like it, maybe you should ignore those who annoy you. Speaking for myself, I don't recall ever even reading one of your posts before this, that's how memorable you are to me.

Mike Tomlin could be replaced by any number of coaches. You cannot say the same about Ben Roethlisberger. He's a franchise QB. He's a god of the game. If it came down to it, the one who's going to be walking is obvious.

Easy 6
10-23-2012, 10:10 AM
Blah blah blah, all i hear from you is charlie browns teacher.

When you get the chance, please rsvp the invitation.

Brock
10-23-2012, 10:11 AM
Blah blah blah, all i hear from you is charlie browns teacher.

When you get the chance, please rsvp the invitation.

I don't know what that means, other than you're admitting your argument is weak and are now running away.

Easy 6
10-23-2012, 10:14 AM
I don't know what that means, other than you're admitting your argument is weak and are now running away.

Running away? LMAO

Dont give yourself so much credit, some of us actually have to work.

Brock
10-23-2012, 10:19 AM
Running away? LMAO

Dont give yourself so much credit, some of us actually have to work.

You cannot or choose not to try to defend your argument, instead choosing to muddy the water with personal insults, I interpret that as running away.

Easy 6
10-23-2012, 10:29 AM
Tomlin is the HEAD COACH, not only would he be well within his rights to tell Ben to shut the **** up, its his duty... having your QB sowing discord like that in public is a joke.

Tomlin is the boss, Ben is out of line, end of story.

Brock
10-23-2012, 10:34 AM
Tomlin is the HEAD COACH, not only would he be well within his rights to tell Ben to shut the **** up, its his duty... having your QB sowing discord like that in public is a joke.

Tomlin is the boss, Ben is out of line, end of story.

What's Tomlin going to do about it, bench him? You need to go think about this some more.

Rausch
10-23-2012, 10:38 AM
What's Tomlin going to do about it, bench him? You need to go think about this some more.

If that's the way it is T0dd isn't going to be there very long...

Easy 6
10-23-2012, 11:12 AM

There are surely levers of power he can pull on Ben, particularly if Rooney has his back.

Brock
10-23-2012, 11:13 AM
There are surely levers of power he can pull on Ben, particularly if Rooney has his back.

Really? Like what?

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-23-2012, 11:15 AM
Really? Like what?

The lever to the juicing room or the bad nut room, just like Willy Wonka.

DaneMcCloud
10-23-2012, 12:07 PM

This guy may be the single biggest fucking assclown on Chiefsplanet.

His responses in this thread were BobTard level retarded.

How the fuck is this moron in the green? His tweets?

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-23-2012, 12:08 PM
This guy may be the single biggest ****ing assclown on Chiefsplanet.

His responses in this thread were BobTard level retarded.

How the **** is this moron in the green? His tweets?

Someone is still bitter i see. Let the Todd Haley hate go clown.

DaneMcCloud
10-23-2012, 12:09 PM

They've already been pulled.

Rothlisberger was livid about the firing of Arians and hasn't been happy with the hiring of Haley. He's not spoken highly of Haley or his system since he was hired earlier this year and he continues to speak poorly of him.

There's not much more that Tomlin and Rooney can do, unless they want to pull him and start Charlie Batch, which seems unlikely.

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-23-2012, 12:10 PM

Rothlisberger was livid about the firing of Arians and hasn't been happy with the hiring of Haley. He's not spoken highly of Haley or his system since he was hired earlier this year and he continues to speak poorly of him.

There's not much more that Tomlin and Rooney can do, unless they want to pull him and start Charlie Batch, which seems unlikely.

But yet Big Ben's numbers are up this year. Stop running from facts clown.

DaneMcCloud
10-23-2012, 12:15 PM
Someone is still bitter i see. Let the Todd Haley hate go clown.

Bitter? You FUCKING EMBARRASED YOURSELF.

You had NO defense and you wouldn't answer a single fucking question.

You might be dumber than Bobtard.

Congrats!

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-23-2012, 12:16 PM
Bitter? You ****ING EMBARRASED YOURSELF.

You had NO defense and you wouldn't answer a single ****ing question.

Congrats!

Bitter...........

DaneMcCloud
10-23-2012, 12:17 PM
But yet Big Ben's numbers are up this year. Stop running from facts clown.

What facts?

Ben complained about not throwing enough downfield. You tried to dispute that, even though you couldn't.

You tried to blame the running game, then you said Ben wasn't going to throw 40 times a game when in reality, he's attempting an average of 39 per game.

You linked a video that CONFIRMS the same exact notion from Mariucci AND Warner.

You've completed PUNKED YOURSELF!

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-23-2012, 12:17 PM
Bitter? You ****ING EMBARRASED YOURSELF.

You had NO defense and you wouldn't answer a single ****ing question.

Congrats!

I don't see how all i posted was facts but it seems you don't care about them.

DaneMcCloud
10-23-2012, 12:18 PM
Bitter...........

Bitter? I don't think you understand that word.

But please, keep posting.

I want EVERYONE to witness your dumbassery.

DaneMcCloud
10-23-2012, 12:18 PM
I don't see how all i posted was facts but it seems you don't care about them.

You didn't post ANY facts.

Are you really this fucking stupid?

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-23-2012, 12:19 PM
What facts?

Ben complained about not throwing enough downfield. You tried to dispute that, even though you couldn't.

You tried to blame the running game, then you said Ben wasn't going to throw 40 times a game when in reality, he's attempting an average of 39 per game.

You linked a video that CONFIRMS the same exact notion from Mariucci AND Warner.

2008 Cards O 4th with Haley
2009 Cards 0 14th without him

Ben's numbers are better right now then this time last year. Facts don't lie.

DaneMcCloud
10-23-2012, 12:21 PM
2008 Cards O 4th with Haley
2009 Cards 0 14th without him

Ben's numbers are better right now then this time last year. Facts don't lie.

What does that have to do with ANYTHING that Rothlisberger stated to the press this week?

Oh, that's right: It doesn't.

Dumbass.

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-23-2012, 12:21 PM
What facts?

DUMBASS Haley has run the SAME O W the Cards Chiefs and Now Pitt stop fucking saying it's a different O.

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-23-2012, 12:24 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/pittsburgh-steelers/0ap2000000082277/Big-Ben-Haley-s-offense-is-not-a-big-play-offense

You might wanna listen to Warren Sapp, Michael Irvin and Marshall Faulk. All of them tell you why Haley's not throwing deep right now.

BigMeatballDave
10-23-2012, 12:25 PM
He's on pace for nearly 4000 yards passing.

How is that Dink and Dunk?

-King-
10-23-2012, 12:27 PM

Have you been watching the games?

SAUTO
10-23-2012, 12:28 PM

dave you are smarter than this...

SAUTO
10-23-2012, 12:30 PM
DUMBASS Haley has run the SAME O W the Cards Chiefs and Now Pitt stop fucking saying it's a different O.

surely you are joking...

have you WATCHED any of the games that any of those teams played in?

might be the same offensive philosophy but he isnt calling the same game since he left arizona

ShowtimeSBMVP

So let's see you want them to go deep? You do know that Pitt's OL fucking sucks right now right ?

BigMeatballDave

Not much of Pitt, no. I'm a masochist, I watch the Chiefs.

As others have mentioned, Ben is having a great season. Why complain?

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-23-2012, 12:31 PM
surely you are joking...

have you WATCHED any of the games that any of those teams played in?

might be the same offensive philosophy but he isnt calling the same game since he left arizona

You cant call the same plays when you have Cassel. With Pitt the OL is banged up i don't see why this is so hard for people to see.

Brock
10-23-2012, 12:31 PM
So let's see you want them to go deep? You do know that Pitt's OL fucking sucks right now right ?

They have always sucked, and somehow won super bowls.

SAUTO
10-23-2012, 12:32 PM

he is on pace for almost as many sacks IIRC and the defenses faced are loading up on the short stuff and the run.

sound familiar?

Brock
10-23-2012, 12:32 PM
You cant call the same plays when you have Cassel. With Pitt the OL is banged up i don't see why this is so hard for people to see.

Excuses, excuses, excuses.

SAUTO
10-23-2012, 12:33 PM

whats different?

ben obviously WANTS to have the option of the deep stuff to take pressure off of the short stuff.

ShowtimeSBMVP

Some people just cant let the Haley hate go. The same people also said he would never work in the NFL again.

SAUTO

then it's not the exact same offense...

Brock
Some people just cant let the Haley hate go. The same people also said he would never work in the NFL again.

Who ever said that? Link, please.

Easy 6

I can atleast understand showing his disapproval in the offseason, but it seems terribly irresponsible to be airing it now, midseason, creating doubt within the team, giving the media something to blow up.

As much as i admire Ben the ball player, what he's doing is bad for business imo.

SAUTO
10-23-2012, 12:34 PM

link to ben saying that...

BigMeatballDave
10-23-2012, 12:34 PM
He currently has a 7.5 ypa.

In 2008, it was 7.0.

Why is he complaining?

Rausch
10-23-2012, 12:35 PM

In 2008, it was 7.0.

Why is he complaining?

Because Haley is a hard dude to get along with.

No one thought these two would get along...

BigMeatballDave
10-23-2012, 12:36 PM

I get it.

I liked Todd. I don't care about him now.

I didn't care about this until I started looking at his numbers.

SAUTO
10-23-2012, 12:36 PM

In 2008, it was 7.0.

Why is he complaining?

its based on YAC.

he wants to be able to take the top off of the defense.

it's not that hard to understand.

SAUTO
10-23-2012, 12:37 PM
I get it.

I liked Todd. I don't care about him now.

I didn't care about this until I started looking at his numbers.

as milkman says... fuck stats, sometimes you have to just WATCH the games.

3rd and 10? draw. screen

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-23-2012, 12:38 PM
its based on YAC.

he wants to be able to take the top off of the defense.

it's not that hard to understand.

When you have no running game it's hard to do JFC. Teams are playing the pass first.

Titty Meat
10-23-2012, 12:39 PM

He has no people skills get over it.

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-23-2012, 12:41 PM
I'm done with Haley it's time to move on People.

Brock
10-23-2012, 12:42 PM

Bye!

SAUTO
10-23-2012, 12:43 PM
When you have no running game it's hard to do JFC. Teams are playing the pass first.

are you watching the games?

they are playing all the short stuff.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-23-2012, 12:49 PM
I like Haley better than Pioli or Casshole. Does that count?

DaneMcCloud
10-23-2012, 12:50 PM

You're fucking retarded and you've been OWNED in this thread.

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-23-2012, 12:52 PM
You're ****ing retarded and you've been OWNED in this thread.

Not really Facts are Ben is having his best year How is that owning me?

DaneMcCloud
10-23-2012, 01:01 PM
Not really Facts are Ben is having his best year How is that owning me?

JFC, I'm running out of adjectives to describe your stupidity.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-23-2012, 02:59 PM

Yet, here you are swinging from his nut hairs like Tarzan.

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-26-2012, 08:39 AM
Roethlisberger says he likes the dink-and-dunk offense
Posted by Mike Florio on October 26, 2012, 10:36 AM EDT
Pittsburgh Steelers v Cincinnati Bengals Getty Images

As Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger and Steelers offensive coordinator inch toward a confrontation that coach Mike Tomlin regards as inevitable, Roethlisberger is fashioning a tapestry of passive-aggressive sound bites aimed at needling Haley or building support from the fans, or both.

Over the weekend, Roethlisberger referred to Halley’s offense as a “dink-and-dunk” attack. Though the term widely is regarded in football circles as derisive, Ben now saws that he actually is a fan of dinking and dunking.

“That wasn’t meant in a negative way,” Roethlisberger said Thursday, via Jarrett Bell of USA Today. “Coach Haley and I had a laugh about it this morning. To dink and dunk, that’s moving the chains, and it will open up big plays. The Patriots dink and dunk, too.”

And when those big plays come, maybe Roethlisberger will refer to the offense as “chuck and duck.” In a positive way.

Here’s the reality. The Steelers got rid of offensive coordinator Bruce Arians in part because he and Roethlisberger were regarded as being too close, to the point where there was real concern that Arians was creating game plans with an eye toward showcasing the quarterback, which could have impacted the broader effort to win games. Right or wrong, Haley’s presence is aimed in part at enhancing the overall effort by not allowing Roethlisberger to get too reckless with the ball or his body.

The fact that Haley has yet to engage Roethlisberger via the media is a good sign. The Steelers knew that it would take time for Ben to buy in to the new approach, and they’re wisely tolerating his periodic public pissing and moaning about dinking and dunking or chucking and ducking or whatever he may publicly piss and/or moan about.

ShowtimeSBMVP
12-04-2012, 04:06 PM
Todd Haley, Steelers offensive coordinator: I realize he had a tumultuous stint in Kansas City and was just fired from there in 2011 and he could be a bit of a hothead ... but he has been a changed man in Pittsburgh and he is doing tremendous work.

Ben Roethlisberger was having his best season ever prior to getting hurt, playing more consistent and restrained football, cutting down on the turnovers and sacks he took with that improvising. Haley has subjugated his ego to work with a quarterback who can be tricky to deal with at times, and he just orchestrated a season-saving road win with Charlie Batch at the helm.

Haley has learned from his mistakes, he has overcome a slew of offensive line and running back injuries, an awful year from Mike Wallace and losing Big Ben, handled everything with class, been cool and calm on the sidelines and certainly seems to have learned from his time with the Chiefs. Some might say that next head-coaching gig is another year or more away, and Haley is totally content where he is, but I get the feeling he will have suitors this offseason.

http://www.cbssports.com/columns/story/21243767/monday-observations-coordinators-stock-rising-as-firing-season-approaches

Faster then i thought.

durtyrute
12-04-2012, 04:09 PM
Dammit, I won't stop saying, We fired the wrong guy!

The Iron Chief
12-04-2012, 04:12 PM

Really?!
Apparently not.

Normally I'm this infatuated with some asian or redhead I've seen on a porn site but whatever floats your boat.
The Haley experiment failed no matter the cause..Pioli Cassel Haleys beard.
I'm shocked nobodys bumping Gunther threads lately.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-04-2012, 04:36 PM
Yet, here you are swinging from his nut hairs like Tarzan.

Still at it.

Deberg_1990
12-04-2012, 04:43 PM
Todd Haley, Steelers offensive coordinator: I realize he had a tumultuous stint in Kansas City and was just fired from there in 2011 and he could be a bit of a hothead ... but he has been a changed man in Pittsburgh and he is doing tremendous work.

Ben Roethlisberger was having his best season ever prior to getting hurt, playing more consistent and restrained football, cutting down on the turnovers and sacks he took with that improvising. Haley has subjugated his ego to work with a quarterback who can be tricky to deal with at times, and he just orchestrated a season-saving road win with Charlie Batch at the helm.

Haley has learned from his mistakes, he has overcome a slew of offensive line and running back injuries, an awful year from Mike Wallace and losing Big Ben, handled everything with class, been cool and calm on the sidelines and certainly seems to have learned from his time with the Chiefs. Some might say that next head-coaching gig is another year or more away, and Haley is totally content where he is, but I get the feeling he will have suitors this offseason.

http://www.cbssports.com/columns/story/21243767/monday-observations-coordinators-stock-rising-as-firing-season-approaches

Faster then i thought.

Haley goes to the Jets, drafts a 1st round QB and they win a Ship in 2015. Chiefsplanet members commit mass suicide.

threebag
12-04-2012, 05:56 PM
I would rather have given Haley the keys rather than Pissoli. Flame away bitches but fuck could it be any worse?

KurtCobain
12-04-2012, 05:59 PM
Haley goes to the Jets, drafts a 1st round QB and they win a Ship in 2015. Chiefsplanet members commit mass suicide.

Haley goes to the Jets, they keep Sanchez, he goes for over 4k yards, 35 TDs and 5 INTs, Jets win a superbowl next year. Planet goes... LMAO

Otter
12-04-2012, 06:39 PM
I would rather have given Haley the keys rather than Pissoli. Flame away bitches but fuck could it be any worse?

1. Agree with keeping Haley. A coach with some fire, how dare he! Always did and always will like the guy.

2. Any Chiefs fan who says "could it be any worse?" after 2012 should be forced to take a 3 minute MoHillbilly beating.

Rausch
12-04-2012, 07:35 PM
I would rather have given Haley the keys rather than Pissoli.

I would have preferred to hire both a competent HC and GM...

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-05-2012, 04:24 PM
Yep, Haley was the problem!

KurtCobain
12-05-2012, 04:25 PM
Yep, Haley was the problem!

He was part of it.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-05-2012, 04:28 PM
He was part of it.

I'm beginning to think that he wasn't the BIGGEST part of it...

KurtCobain
12-05-2012, 04:30 PM

True.

htismaqe
12-05-2012, 04:39 PM

Beginning?!?!?!

Pasta Little Brioni
12-05-2012, 05:54 PM
We already know he can be a good OC with a Franchise QB. Unfortunately for us, we also know he's a complete boob of a Head Coach.

ShowtimeSBMVP
12-05-2012, 05:56 PM
We already know he can be a good OC with a Franchise QB. Unfortunately for us, we also know he's a complete boob of a Head Coach.

Sure looked good with Charlie Batch last week.

BigMeatballDave
12-05-2012, 05:58 PM

I'd be a boob too if my boss was Scott Pioli

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-06-2012, 04:26 PM
I'd be a boob too if my boss was Scott Pioli

I'd probably be in prison for murder...LMAO

Sorter
12-06-2012, 04:35 PM
ROFLROFLI'd probably be in prison for murder...LMAO

chiefzilla1501
12-06-2012, 05:15 PM

I don't understand why people say you can't win without a franchise QB, we had an absolutely shitty QB, and then people wonder why Haley couldn't win despite having an absolutely shitty QB.

All I know is that our team played discipline, tough football. This same team with even BETTER talent than in 2011 and 2010 is getting their asses kicked. Haley is a much better coach than he gets credit for. Needed to improve his game management, but he took a pretty average team without a franchise QB and at least 3/4 of the time in 2010 and 2011, he pumped out a competitive team. Hell, he even kept us competitive in games with Tyler fucking Palko at QB.

rabblerouser
12-07-2012, 02:37 AM
I don't understand why people say you can't win without a franchise QB, we had an absolutely shitty QB, and then people wonder why Haley couldn't win despite having an absolutely shitty QB.

All I know is that our team played discipline, tough football. This same team with even BETTER talent than in 2011 and 2010 is getting their asses kicked. Haley is a much better coach than he gets credit for. Needed to improve his game management, but he took a pretty average team without a franchise QB and at least 3/4 of the time in 2010 and 2011, he pumped out a competitive team. Hell, he even kept us competitive in games with Tyler ****ing Palko at QB.

^This.

He took a team without Berry, Charles, And Moeaki...

a team starting Tyler Palko at QB and Jackie Battle at RB, and Barry ****ig Goddamn Richardson at RT...took them into Soldier Fucking Field and WON.

We've won 2 games AT ARROWHEAD since then.

Anyone who thinks Haley was 'a boob' or was somehow not a good coach is fucking stupid.

Every single person on this team played better, faster, more disciplined, smarter football when Tood Haley was our head coach.

If he would have had a halfway competant GM, we would be leading the division and possibly competing for a first-round bye.

Todd Haley will become a Head Coach again and win multiple Super Bowls...

That will make me happy for him as a person, but it makes me not even want to be an NFL fan anymore.

This whole thing sucks.

RunKC
12-07-2012, 02:59 AM
^This.

a team starting Tyler Palko at QB and Jackie Battle at RB, and Barry ****ig Goddamn Richardson at RT...took them into Soldier ****ing Field and WON.

Anyone who thinks Haley was 'a boob' or was somehow not a good coach is ****ing stupid.

Every single person on this team played better, faster, more disciplined, smarter football when Tood Haley was our head coach.

If he would have had a halfway competant GM, we would be leading the division and possibly competing for a first-round bye.

That will make me happy for him as a person, but it makes me not even want to be an NFL fan anymore.

This whole thing sucks.

That win at Chicago sure sounds nice...except when you realize that they didn't have any WR's that were worth a damn, their OL is the worst in the league, Caleb Hanie (an equally suckass QB) started because Cutler was hurt and Forte got knocked by DJ early in the game.

We had a lucky hail mary that is successful 1/10 times.

Haley is a great OC, but a great HC? Not here he wasn't. Do you not remember the cross country training camp he ran in 2011? That was an abortion. Then he played our starters the entire fucking game in a meaningless game in Green Bay?

Pioli has a huge part of in this shit job, but Haley had his part too. There were countless times where the team looked completely unmotivated to play. It's like they didn't know it fucking game time yet. That's on Haley.

Deberg_1990
12-07-2012, 07:12 AM
^This.

a team starting Tyler Palko at QB and Jackie Battle at RB, and Barry ****ig Goddamn Richardson at RT...took them into Soldier ****ing Field and WON.

Anyone who thinks Haley was 'a boob' or was somehow not a good coach is ****ing stupid.

This whole thing sucks.

How do you explain Haley starting the season 0-3 and getting blown out 2 weeks to start the season.....then losing 5 of 6 games during the middle of the season? Funny how you leave stuff like that out.

chiefzilla1501
12-07-2012, 07:16 AM
How do you explain Haley starting the season 0-3 and getting blown out 2 weeks to start the season.....then losing 5 of 6 games during the middle of the season? Funny how you leave stuff like that out.

I've always said the bad start last year was a bad mistake from a coach taking a risk. But a few games doesn't get you fired. The losing streak in the middle of the season... You don't thnk that would have been different with even an average qb?

chiefzilla1501
12-07-2012, 07:17 AM
That win at Chicago sure sounds nice...except when you realize that they didn't have any WR's that were worth a damn, their OL is the worst in the league, Caleb Hanie (an equally suckass QB) started because Cutler was hurt and Forte got knocked by DJ early in the game.

We had a lucky hail mary that is successful 1/10 times.

Haley is a great OC, but a great HC? Not here he wasn't. Do you not remember the cross country training camp he ran in 2011? That was an abortion. Then he played our starters the entire ****ing game in a meaningless game in Green Bay?

Pioli has a huge part of in this shit job, but Haley had his part too. There were countless times where the team looked completely unmotivated to play. It's like they didn't know it ****ing game time yet. That's on Haley.

So the bears were handicapped because they had Caleb Hanne, so the chiefs were a sure fire win behind Tyler palko?