PDA

View Full Version : News In a completely reasonable & well thought out response to TDKR shooting AMC Theaters

pr_capone
07-22-2012, 03:06 PM
Didn't want this article buried in the original TDKR thread.

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/news/article.html/content/news/articles/bn9/2012/7/21/amc_theatres_to_no_l.html

AMC Theatres bans masks, costumes, fake weapons

Movie giant AMC Theatres says it won't be allowing people to wear costumes, face-covering masks or fake weapons into its theaters after the Colorado theater massacre.

That means movie fans movie fans who dressed up as Star Wars or Harry Potter characters will no longer be allowed into AMC theaters.
Kansas City, Mo.-based AMC said in a statement on its website that it is "terribly saddened by the random act of violence in Aurora."
The shooting happened during a midnight showing of "The Dark Knight Rises" in the Denver suburb. A suspect was arrested outside the theater.

AMC says it is working with local law enforcement in communities across the country to review its security procedures. It has more than 300 movie houses, making it the nation's second-largest theater chain.

Bowser
07-22-2012, 03:08 PM
Better safe than sorry, although I'm sure it's a totally unnecessary move at this point.

One day soon, we'll have to go through metal setectors to go see movies. And I'll be ok with that.

mcaj22
it will be interesting if this has a chain reaction to any Comic Cons as well.

In58men
Not a big deal. It's not like a lot of people wear shit anyways.

Titty Meat
07-22-2012, 03:10 PM
That'll stop shootings!

DaFace
07-22-2012, 03:14 PM
I'm OK with it as a short-term response given that it's now more likely that there might be copycats out there. I'm not a fan of it as a permanent rule, though.

lcarus
07-22-2012, 03:18 PM
I don't see how banning these things will make anything safer in any way.

Setsuna
07-22-2012, 03:22 PM
I think that if AMC wasn't bought by the Chinese then costumes would still be allowed.

In58men
07-22-2012, 03:24 PM
That'll stop shootings!

Unless you'd like to empty your pockets and go through a medal detector everytime. Obviously they don't want that to happen. It's a lose lose situation when it comes to people like you. Then if they do install metal detectors you'll bitch everytime you go to movies.

It's a small step in preventing another shooting.

gblowfish
07-22-2012, 03:25 PM
Make everyone watch the movies nude.

Bugeater
07-22-2012, 03:29 PM
I dunno, I was thinking maybe a security camera by the fire exits so they can see if any heavily armed intruders are fixing to come through the back doors. But banning costumes should have the same effect.

pr_capone
07-22-2012, 03:29 PM
Unless you'd like to empty your pockets and go through a medal detector everytime. Obviously they don't want that to happen. It's a lose lose situation when it comes to people like you. Then if they do install metal detectors you'll bitch everytime you go to movies.

Yes. Banning people from wearing a costume to a movie theater is going to stop further shootings in a movie theater. In that case... they should have just put a gun buster sign at the door. I am sure that the nutter that shot everyone would have seen that and simply realized that he wasn't allowed to bring guns into the theater and the shooting would have never happened in the first place.

Remember kids... it is all for the greater good.

Bugeater
07-22-2012, 03:30 PM
OTOH, you're a fucking loser if you dress up in a costume to go to a movie.

Bambi
Those people that dress up are weirdos anyway. I like this ban.

Caseyguyrr
this should fix things

lcarus
07-22-2012, 03:32 PM

Banning them just because they're fuckin morons makes more sense to me.

Setsuna
07-22-2012, 03:33 PM
No more nekos!

In58men
07-22-2012, 03:34 PM
OTOH, you're a ****ing loser if you dress up in a costume to go to a movie.

Some chicks thought I dressed up for Magic Mike. I get that a lot I guess

Mr. Plow
07-22-2012, 03:37 PM
Seeing the TDKR today in IMAX, I was taken back - but not really surprised - at the police presence in the theater. Ushers were constantly checking on things while the movie was going on.....ushers standing at all entrances/exits....cops in the lobby patrolling....etc. It seemed every time someone stood up to go the lobby, or bathroom, that an usher was standing there watching them.

Just an eery feeling in the theater.

Johnny Vegas
07-22-2012, 03:37 PM
looks like the criminals win again. I went to the movies the next day to show I won't live in fear. How about reinforcing the exits in the theaters instead? That was how he got in. He didn't just walk in from the front where every law abiding citizen goes to enter the movies.

Bambi
07-22-2012, 03:56 PM
looks like the criminals win again. I went to the movies the next day to show I won't live in fear. How about reinforcing the exits in the theaters instead? That was how he got in. He didn't just walk in from the front where every law abiding citizen goes to enter the movies.

Police presence is much more about windowdressing than it is about preventing crime. Cops just show up after everything is over and tally up the score.

A regular guy armed with "what used to be banned" assault rifles can kill people whenever he wants. That's what makes the AR-15 a game changer.

mikey23545
07-22-2012, 04:03 PM

Great. A Pee Wee Herman crowd...

gblowfish
07-22-2012, 04:10 PM
Great. A Pee Wee Herman crowd...

Well, if Pee Wee was there, no guarantee he wouldn't shoot something into the crowd....

WV
07-22-2012, 04:16 PM

Yeah or at least alarming the exits in the back? I mean why the hell didn't that door being opened at least sound the fire alarm?

pr_capone
07-22-2012, 04:20 PM
A regular guy armed with "what used to be banned" assault rifles can kill people whenever he wants. That's what makes the AR-15 a game changer.

And this is something that could not be accomplished with a 9mm handgun how?

Titty Meat
07-22-2012, 04:24 PM

You think this will stop shootings? seriously LOL.

They don't have to do anything it was an isolated incident.

Johnny Vegas
07-22-2012, 04:25 PM
Yeah or at least alarming the exits in the back? I mean why the hell didn't that door being opened at least sound the fire alarm?

Exactly. Makes you wonder if there were alarms on the exits that it would've been foiled.

WV
07-22-2012, 04:33 PM

Good grief is this a hopeless cause, I've been debating for two days with some morons on FB about why I should be able to own an AR-15. You know because banning them will solve it all! :cuss:

Exactly. Makes you wonder if there were alarms on the exits that it would've been foiled.

I think it would have.

pr_capone
07-22-2012, 04:35 PM
Good grief is this a hopeless cause, I've been debating for two days with some morons on FB about why I should be able to own an AR-15. You know because banning them will solve it all! :cuss:

You can't have one because it is a game changer.

Duh. :doh!:

WV
07-22-2012, 04:36 PM
You can't have one because it is a game changer. Duh.

Well there's that and that their only purpose is to spray indiscriminant death in all directions!

Bump
07-22-2012, 04:37 PM
makes sense. A man wearing body armor and being very overdressed going to a batman movie, nobody thought twice about it. Some suicide bomber could just as easily dress themselves up as harry potter with a huge cape with explosives under and nobody would even think twice about how strange she is dressed.

pr_capone
07-22-2012, 04:39 PM
makes sense. A man wearing body armor and being very overdressed going to a batman movie, nobody thought twice about it. Some suicide bomber could just as easily dress themselves up as harry potter with a huge cape with explosives under and nobody would even think twice about how strange she is dressed.

Yes... because an explosive vest is so very difficult to conceal.

http://i1.tribune.com.pk/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/iran1-448x249.jpg http://sheikyermami.com/wp-content/uploads/bombervest.jpg

Bump
07-22-2012, 04:39 PM
and people who need to dress up like harry potter or batman to watch it and show off how big of fans they are, are fucking fags and attention whores. I'm glad they won't be able to dress up, I'm sure they will protest in their nerd outfits to get more attention.

Bump
07-22-2012, 04:41 PM
Yes... because an explosive vest is so very difficult to conceal.

http://i1.tribune.com.pk/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/iran1-448x249.jpg

I get it man, it sucks that you won't be able to wear your cape to the next superhero movie, but you'll get over it.

Bwana
07-22-2012, 04:41 PM

You post that like it's a bad thing!

Bump
07-22-2012, 04:42 PM
But I can see this leading to TSA at the motherfucking movie theatres, then I have a problem with that.

pr_capone
I get it man, it sucks that you won't be able to wear your cape to the next superhero movie, but you'll get over it.

http://i.imgur.com/BqMPO.png

Bump
http://i.imgur.com/BqMPO.png

I got your point.

pr_capone
07-22-2012, 04:43 PM
I got your point.

No.. the image I posted specifically point out how you completely missed it. :D

Johnny Vegas
07-22-2012, 04:43 PM
I bet the days when The Big Lebowski was in theaters patrons had a blast with costumes. Now if a sequel to it comes out nobody can wear a rob and flip flops with a white russian to the screening.

Bambi
07-22-2012, 04:44 PM

I'm not into handguns either but you think homeboy is shooting 71 and killing 12 with a 9 mill? Good luck

Bewbies
A reasonable and well thought out response is a grown man complaining about not being able to wear a costume to the movie theater.

LMAO

I have now seen it all.

Bwana
Well, if Pee Wee was there, no guarantee he wouldn't shoot something into the crowd....

LMAO

Ewwwwwww

Bambi
07-22-2012, 04:46 PM
But I can see this leading to TSA at the mother****ing movie theatres, then I have a problem with that.

My 50" Samsung satisfies all my movie needs nowadays anyway.

pr_capone
07-22-2012, 04:47 PM
I'm not into handguns either but you think homeboy is shooting 71 and killing 12 with a 9 mill? Good luck

Um, yeah. That is running through 4 clips on a 9mm with a 20rd capacity. I can drop a magazine, reload, and rack in no time flat.

Or another realistic scenario would be where he had 2 9mm (seeing as the guy was carrying an AR-15, a shotty, AND a handgun) handguns each with a 20rd magazine.

pr_capone
07-22-2012, 04:49 PM
A reasonable and well thought out response is a grown man complaining about not being able to wear a costume to the movie theater.

LMAO

I have now seen it all.

I'm commenting on the response of the theater... not complaining that I will not be able to wear a costume. I understand that comprehending written text can be tasking though.

Bewbies
07-22-2012, 04:50 PM
I'm commenting on the response of the theater... not complaining that I will not be able to wear a costume. I understand that comprehending written text can be tasking though.

Yes, especially in English.

pr_capone
07-22-2012, 04:51 PM
Yes, especially in English.

LMAO

Bambi
07-22-2012, 04:57 PM
Um, yeah. That is running through 4 clips on a 9mm with a 20rd capacity. I can drop a magazine, reload, and rack in no time flat.

Or another realistic scenario would be where he had 2 9mm (seeing as the guy was carrying an AR-15, a shotty, AND a handgun) handguns each with a 20rd magazine.

He wasn't "running through" anything. He was slow, cold and calculated. The assault rifle only made everthing that much easier.

This isn't hollywood. You're not putting up those kinda numbers with just handguns against that many people.

There's a reason why the assault weapons ban saved lives for so many years. Now we have dead children because of gun nuts.

Bwana
07-22-2012, 05:03 PM
He wasn't "running through" anything. He was slow, cold and calculated. The assault rifle only made everthing that much easier.

This isn't hollywood. You're not putting up those kinda numbers with just handguns against that many people.

There's a reason why the assault weapons ban saved lives for so many years. Now we have dead children because of gun nuts.

Yes because during the ban, the hundreds of thousands of assault rifles vanished off the face of the earth, likely with the aid a magic fairy dust. Wait, no they didn’t…..

Bambi
07-22-2012, 05:06 PM
Yes because during the ban, the hundreds of thousands of assault rifles vanished off the face of the earth, likely with the aid a magic fairy dust. Wait, no they didn’t…..

OK, let's tally up the mass murder committed with legally purchased assault rifles and see who comes out ahead.

Not renewing the assault weapons ban has been Obama's biggest failure during his term.

The ban can't come back soon enough. I'm tired of hearing about dead children.

Bwana
07-22-2012, 05:11 PM
OK, let's tally up the mass murder committed with legally purchased assault rifles and see who comes out ahead.

Not renewing the assault weapons ban has been Obama's biggest failure during his term.

LMAO

That wouldn't make the top ten list of Berry's failures.

As far as the ban coming around again, don't count on it.

Bugeater
07-22-2012, 05:15 PM
Aaaaaand a second thread is successfully derailed...

CoMoChief
07-22-2012, 05:15 PM
stupid kneejerk reaction for nothing more than PR reasons.

So is this going to stop from someone going into a theatre and opening fire in the future? No it doesn't. Point is you can't stop something like that.

In58men
07-22-2012, 05:16 PM

I thought we'd at least get to 60 replies before it derailed. I was wrong.

Let's talk Obama now.

DaFace
07-22-2012, 05:18 PM

To be fair, this one was kind of doomed from the start.

Bambi
07-22-2012, 05:24 PM
LMAO

That wouldn't make the top ten list of Berry's failures.

As far as the ban coming around again, don't count on it.

Well, I might have to get used to the ban not coming back but you'll have to get used to Obama running your country for another 4 years.

WV
07-22-2012, 05:26 PM

All kinds of ignorance here. :doh!: More than I want to even respond to.

Lex Luthor
07-22-2012, 05:28 PM
Not everyone.

In58men
07-22-2012, 05:29 PM
Not everyone.

Cough luv cough

Deberg_1990
07-22-2012, 05:30 PM
He didn't bring the guns into the theater with him did he? I thought he propped the exit door open then grabbed them from a bag outside the door?

How does this policy prevent that?

Bambi
07-22-2012, 05:32 PM
All kinds of ignorance here. :doh!: More than I want to even respond to.

I love guns. I think they're incredible examples of the purest form of industrial design known to man.

But fact is that with today's technology there is no reason on God's Green Earth that a man needs to own a weapon the caliber of what was used on Thursday night.

SOME regulation is not going to take away your liberty. What it does is prevent psychos like this from carrying out acts like this. I know this is discussed in other threads. But banning costumes has nothing to do with what men armed with assault weapons can do. It means nothing. The real issue is still completely ignored by both parties and people keep dying.

Bugeater
07-22-2012, 05:34 PM
He didn't bring the guns into the theater with him did he? I thought he propped the exit door open then grabbed them from a bag outside the door?

How does this policy prevent that?
It doesn't. But what it does do is show how monumentally out-of-touch today's corporate meathead is.

unlurking
07-22-2012, 05:40 PM
I love guns. I think they're incredible examples of the purest form of industrial design known to man.

But fact is that with today's technology there is no reason on God's Green Earth that a man needs to own a weapon the caliber of what was used on Thursday night.

SOME regulation is not going to take away your liberty. What it does is prevent psychos like this from carrying out acts like this. I know this is discussed in other threads. But banning costumes has nothing to do with what men armed with assault weapons can do. It means nothing. The real issue is still completely ignored by both parties and people keep dying.
What does technology (and what kind of tech?!) have to do with the caliber of weapon used? And what caliber is too much?

EDIT:
Just read another article listing his weapons. It was just a fucking .223 you dipshit.

And please define what you mean by "assault weapon". The S&W MP 223 he used could have easily been replaced with the same outcome by any 223 rifle grabbed at random. This is not an automatic weapon.

Deberg_1990
07-22-2012, 05:40 PM
How about reinforcing the exits in the theaters instead? That was how he got in. He didn't just walk in from the front where every law abiding citizen goes to enter the movies.

I think the initial reports were wrong. I've been reading that he bought a ticket, sat down and watched the movie for awhile, then pretended to take a phone call and walked to the exit door and propped it open. I'm unclear if he left a bag of gear there outside the door though??

WV
07-22-2012, 05:44 PM

What part of simply banning assault weapons will not cure anything don't you understand? Blanket bans like this only hurt the law abiding people who follow the rules in buying them to begin with. People are intimidated and quick to jump to conclusions about guns like the AR-15 because of what they appear to be. Just because it looks like the guns from COD and the movies does not make it one. It and most other assault rifles really aren't inherently that much different than other rifles that have been produced for years and years. People need to educate themselves before jumping into the fight.

Bambi
07-22-2012, 05:45 PM
I think the initial reports were wrong. I've been reading that he bought a ticket, sat down and watched the movie for awhile, then pretended to take a phone call and walked to the exit door and propped it open. I'm unclear if he left a bag of gear there outside the door though??

I bet this is true. I first heard he "kicked in" the exit door. I was a bit skeptical of that.

Did the reports say he was wearing all his "gear" when he walked in initially?

Bambi
07-22-2012, 05:46 PM
What part of simply banning assault weapons will not cure anything don't you understand? Blanket bans like this only hurt the law abiding people who follow the rules in buying them to begin with. People are intimidated and quick to jump to conclusions about guns like the AR-15 because of what they appear to be. Just because it looks like the guns from COD and the movies does not make it one. It and most other assault rifles really aren't inherently that much different than other rifles that have been produced for years and years. People need to educate themselves before jumping into the fight.

The AR-15 was banned under the old assault weapons ban no?

JD10367
07-22-2012, 05:47 PM
Guns don't kill people. People wearing costumes kill people.

Let's not worry about how he bought four guns in six months from a sporting goods store. Let's not worry about how assault rifles can be purchased like a bag of Doritos. Let's not worry about how he bought 4000 rounds online without it triggering some notice.

Yeah, it's the costumes. Ban them from movie theaters. All is well, move along, nothing to see here.

DaFace
07-22-2012, 05:47 PM

His car was parked outside the door with the gear in it I believe.
Posted via Mobile Device

unlurking
07-22-2012, 05:49 PM
Dumbass, that is a "cosmetic" ban on semi-automatic rifles, nothing to do with rate of fire or caliber.

Bambi
07-22-2012, 05:51 PM
What does technology (and what kind of tech?!) have to do with the caliber of weapon used? And what caliber is too much?

Technology = Fact that we have more advanced weaponry than they did back when the idea of the 2nd Amendment was conceived.

Technology = Fact that I can buy weapons over the internet with minimal background checking and in many case none at all.

As far as what caliber is too much? I don't know. I'm more in the camp of target shooters and hunters being forced to keep their weapons on site in a locked cabinet or something and not in the home.

I realize that isn't going to happen but it boggles my mind that with 3 or 4 clicks I can purchase a weapon capable of killing 12 and wounding 71 in a matter of minutes.

Then again this isn't the only issue this country has lost it's mind on. It's just the one where people end up dead at record rates compared to most other industrialized countries on Earth.

OnTheWarpath15
07-22-2012, 05:51 PM

Nope.

They just had a segment on Dateline where they put a hidden camera on a guy, and he went into the same Gander Mountain store the shooter bought his from - and 2 hours and $1100 later, he walked out with it.

Cheater5
07-22-2012, 05:53 PM
I don't think anyone should own a 'sports' car, or even an SUV. I mean, why would you need to drive faster than the posted speed limits, or go off-roading? Cars can be deadly, and it's crazy to think ANYONE can own one, or even shop for them online!

I love cars, but no way does anyone need to own a Shelby.

unlurking
07-22-2012, 05:54 PM
Technology = Fact that we have more advanced weaponry than they did back when the idea of the 2nd Amendment was conceived.

Technology = Fact that I can buy weapons over the internet with minimal background checking and in many case none at all.

As far as what caliber is too much? I don't know. I'm more in the camp of target shooters and hunters being forced to keep their weapons on site in a locked cabinet or something and not in the home.

I realize that isn't going to happen but it boggles my mind that with 3 or 4 clicks I can purchase a weapon capable of killing 12 and wounding 71 in a matter of minutes.

Then again this isn't the only issue this country has lost it's mind on. It's just the one where people end up dead at record rates compared to most other industrialized countries on Earth.
That "method of purchase" is illegal idiot, so you would have to be a criminal already to purchase a weapon that way. Guns have to be shipped to an FFL who will perform the background check then deliver the rifle to you. Stop posting lies to support your position.

Bambi
07-22-2012, 05:55 PM
Dumbass, that is a "cosmetic" ban on semi-automatic rifles, nothing to do with rate of fire or caliber.

It's a start. Anything to help prevent children from dying as they watch a movie.

Bambi
07-22-2012, 05:56 PM
Nope.

They just had a segment on Dateline where they put a hidden camera on a guy, and he went into the same Gander Mountain store the shooter bought his from - and 2 hours and $1100 later, he walked out with it.

Yeah, the ban expired and Obama did nothing about it.

You and I can go buy them right now.

Bambi
07-22-2012, 05:57 PM
That "method of purchase" is illegal idiot, so you would have to be a criminal already to purchase a weapon that way. Guns have to be shipped to an FFL who will perform the background check then deliver the rifle to you. Stop posting lies to support your position.

This guy bought his weapons legally. Nothing about what he did was illegal under US law.

Bambi
07-22-2012, 05:58 PM
I don't think anyone should own a 'sports' car, or even an SUV. I mean, why would you need to drive faster than the posted speed limits, or go off-roading? Cars can be deadly, and it's crazy to think ANYONE can own one, or even shop for them online!

I love cars, but no way does anyone need to own a Shelby.

You've killed 12 and wounded 71 people with your car? Impressive.

pr_capone
07-22-2012, 05:59 PM

Not a fact. Guns cannot be shipped directly to your home... they have to go to an FFL dealer. Before the FFL dealer can release the weapon to you, there has to be a FBI check run... just like there would be when you purchase a gun directly from the store.

WV
07-22-2012, 06:01 PM

People use tragedies like this to prop up their agendas. The simple fact remains that there are far more dangerous things out there that are innocuous in comparison and we do them daily, but there's no reason to ban all of those either.

Your daily commute is one of the most dangerous things you can do daily. It's all about perspective.

pr_capone
07-22-2012, 06:04 PM
It's a start. Anything to help prevent children from dying as they watch a movie.

Anyone could walk in with a handgun and blow 10-15 people, including kids, away and still have rounds to spare. I'm not seeing where it being an "assault rifle" had anything to do with it.

Bambi
07-22-2012, 06:04 PM
People use tragedies like this to prop up their agendas. The simple fact remains that there are far more dangerous things out there that are innocuous in comparison and we do them daily, but there's no reason to ban all of those either.

Your daily commute is one of the most dangerous things you can do daily. It's all about perspective.

This is such a cop out argument, I'm sorry.

If we weren't sitting through one of these assault weapon massacres every couple months then I could see your point. But it just doesn't float anymore.

There are congressmen out there right now calling for the ban to be reinstated. This isn't just me sitting behind my computer arguing it.

Tell me though, do you own one of these assault weapons? What do you use it for? I'm always curious on those that own these and why they think it's so important to keep them in their home with their children.

OnTheWarpath15
07-22-2012, 06:05 PM
Cost me $60 for fingerprinting and took 3 weeks for me to get cleared by the FBI to be certified to teach high school students.

Takes a drivers license and an hour or so to buy as many AR-15's as the shop has in stock.

There's something wrong with the process.

Bambi
07-22-2012, 06:05 PM
Anyone could walk in with a handgun and blow 10-15 people, including kids, away and still have rounds to spare. I'm not seeing where it being an "assault rifle" had anything to do with it.

Don't come at me with that. If it was up to me your handgun would be locked away at the shooting range and you would;t be walking around with it.

The assault rifle just makes it that much easier.

Cheater5
07-22-2012, 06:06 PM

Did I say that?

In 2005 there were 11,300 people killed by firearms in the U.S. That same year 40,300 people died in motor vehicle accidents.

We need to regulate the sale and purchase of vehicles! The Government needs to step in immediately!

OR...maybe if a few people had CCW permits in the theater that night,the violence just might have been lessened.

OnTheWarpath15
07-22-2012, 06:08 PM
Did I say that?

In 2005 there were 11,300 people killed by firearms in the U.S. That same year 40,300 people died in motor vehicle accidents.

We need to regulate the sale and purchase of vehicles! The Government needs to step in immediately!

OR...maybe if a few people had CCW permits in the theater that night,the violence just might have been lessened.

I have no issue with CCW, but more weapons being fired in a dark theater likely doesn't lead to a better result.

pr_capone
07-22-2012, 06:08 PM
Don't come at me with that. If it was up to me your handgun would be locked away at the shooting range and you would;t be walking around with it.

The assault rifle just makes it that much easier.

I'm glad it isn't. So you are against all guns then. This whole argument makes a ton more sense. Still ignorant... but I now understand where you are coming from. No guns for anyone but police and military. Yay police state!

pr_capone
07-22-2012, 06:09 PM
and again...

Not a fact. Guns cannot be shipped directly to your home... they have to go to an FFL dealer. Before the FFL dealer can release the weapon to you, there has to be a FBI check run... just like there would be when you purchase a gun directly from the store. What you said here was a complete and utter fallacy.

Bambi
07-22-2012, 06:10 PM
Not a fact. Guns cannot be shipped directly to your home... they have to go to an FFL dealer. Before the FFL dealer can release the weapon to you, there has to be a FBI check run... just like there would be when you purchase a gun directly from the store.

In 2005 Seung-Hui Cho was declared unfit to legally purchase weapons. He was able to do so anyway due to the relaxed laws put into place.

Then again this guy had no criminal background at all so the whole "easy access to buying" assault weapons doesn't even apply.

Too bad he was able to get his hands on them though.

Bambi
07-22-2012, 06:12 PM
I'm glad it isn't. So you are against all guns then. This whole argument makes a ton more sense. Still ignorant... but I now understand where you are coming from. No guns for anyone but police and military. Yay police state!

I think it's funny that you think you actually stand a chance when the police or military wants to take what you have.

Changes in the police and military don't come through the public owning guns. This isn't 1776 anymore.

Bambi
07-22-2012, 06:13 PM
and again...

Not a fact. Guns cannot be shipped directly to your home... they have to go to an FFL dealer. Before the FFL dealer can release the weapon to you, there has to be a FBI check run... just like there would be when you purchase a gun directly from the store. What you said here was a complete and utter fallacy.

So how did Seung-Hui Cho get his weapons?

Fallacy my ass. Don't come at me with half ass shit.

pr_capone
07-22-2012, 06:15 PM
In 2005 Seung-Hui Cho was declared unfit to legally purchase weapons. He was able to do so anyway due to the relaxed laws put into place.

Then again this guy had no criminal background at all so the whole "easy access to buying" assault weapons doesn't even apply.

Too bad he was able to get his hands on them though.

Got it. One guy bought 2 handguns (Walther P22 and a 9mm Glock 19) and used them in a killing and that equates to assault rifles how? What kind of assault rifles did he use?

Also... I am not supposed to come at you with my one handgun 10 dead statement when this guy did killed 33 with a pair on handguns. Ok. Makes perfect sense.

LMFAO - Don't come at me with made up bullshit.

rockymtnchief
07-22-2012, 06:17 PM

Hurry up and ban air and train travel. 9/11 should've taught us a lesson.

Bwana
07-22-2012, 06:18 PM
Hurry up and ban air and train travel. 9/11 should've taught us a lesson.

The guy is a complete fucking loon. :shake:

notorious
07-22-2012, 06:25 PM
DaFace, you were looking to ban assholes that drag DC content into the Lounge, here is Exhibit A.

RealSNR
07-22-2012, 06:31 PM
I think I'm going to wait awhile to see Dark Knight until the crowds die down

OnTheWarpath15
07-22-2012, 06:32 PM
I think I'm going to wait awhile to see Dark Knight until the crowds die down

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/000/681/what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

rockymtnchief
07-22-2012, 06:33 PM
The guy is a complete fucking loon. :shake:
:thumb:
DaFace, you were looking to ban assholes that drag DC content into the Lounge, here is Exhibit A.
:D

WV
07-22-2012, 11:28 PM

If we weren't sitting through one of these assault weapon massacres every couple months then I could see your point. But it just doesn't float anymore.

There are congressmen out there right now calling for the ban to be reinstated. This isn't just me sitting behind my computer arguing it.

Tell me though, do you own one of these assault weapons? What do you use it for? I'm always curious on those that own these and why they think it's so important to keep them in their home with their children.

You'll have to refresh my memory, but I don't recall having assault weapon massacres every couple of months.

Speaking of congressman there also ones dressing up as women and trying to dictate how much soda people drink...wanna try another argument or do you like aligning yourself with polticians?

And as a matter of fact I do own an AR-15, it stays locked up in my gun safe until I take it out to spread instant death 45 rounds at a time to anything in my path....that's the answer your looking for anyway. What does it matter to you if I keep any number of weapons in my house around my kids? Contrary to what you an others like you think, it is possible that law abiding non crazy people own assault rifles and other types of weapons and actually use them responsibly.

Frazod
07-23-2012, 12:04 AM
You'll have to refresh my memory, but I don't recall having assault weapon massacres every couple of months.

Speaking of congressman there also ones dressing up as women and trying to dictate how much soda people drink...wanna try another argument or do you like aligning yourself with polticians?

And as a matter of fact I do own an AR-15, it stays locked up in my gun safe until I take it out to spread instant death 45 rounds at a time to anything in my path....that's the answer your looking for anyway. What does it matter to you if I keep any number of weapons in my house around my kids? Contrary to what you an others like you think, it is possible that law abiding non crazy people own assault rifles and other types of weapons and actually use them responsibly.

You have to remember, nobody fudges/distorts/outright lies about shit more than Liarson.

BTW, yesterday I went shooting with my best friend who is a Lt. Col. in the Air Force and a range instructor. He got my ACOG dialed in with a couple of clicks and gave me a couple of pointers (keep the stock fully extended, shoot with both eyes open even at distance). After that, I hit 25 bulls out of 30 shots, at 100 yards, and my fliers were only off by a few inches. Perhaps the best day I ever had at the range.

I wonder if this makes Commieson feel better or worse? :D

Megbert
07-23-2012, 12:10 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CIVLi9oIC3k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Craig Ferguson is a good dude.

Frazod
07-23-2012, 12:17 AM
Awesome, I got to shoot my AR this weekend as well and we mercilessly slaughtered a stuffed hello kitty....it was great!

Shot the new Garand - unfortunately, that didn't go so well - I didn't have much ammo with me and we never could get on paper with it. It was fun to shoot, though. I'll need to get acclimated with it at a shorter distance. Obviously a great day with the AR, and with the AK (iron sights) I was fully on target at 100 yards. I obviously prefer the AR, but the AK is great fun.

WV
07-23-2012, 12:21 AM
Shot the new Garand - unfortunately, that didn't go so well - I didn't have much ammo with me and we never could get on paper with it. It was fun to shoot, though. I'll need to get acclimated with it at a shorter distance. Obviously a great day with the AR, and with the AK (iron sights) I was fully on target at 100 yards. I obviously prefer the AR, but the AK is great fun.

I've been following in the off season thread and am envious of your garand, always thought I'd like to have one of those. I don't get to shoot nearly enough.

Frazod
07-23-2012, 12:26 AM
I've been following in the off season thread and am envious of your garand, always thought I'd like to have one of those. I don't get to shoot nearly enough.

I'm sure you get to do it more than I do. At least they finally reopened the public range that's sort of close to my house - it had been shut down by the Illinazis for a few months. The last two times I shot I went down to Missouri.

WV
07-23-2012, 12:32 AM
I'm sure you get to do it more than I do. At least they finally reopened the public range that's sort of close to my house - it had been shut down by the Illinazis for a few months. The last two times I shot I went down to Missouri.

I can shoot my handguns in my backyard, but have to go to my cousins or elsewhere to shoot my long guns. Even still it isn't enough.

Frazod
07-23-2012, 12:35 AM
I can shoot my handguns in my backyard, but have to go to my cousins or elsewhere to shoot my long guns. Even still it isn't enough.

That would end badly for me. :D However, there are plenty of indoor pistol ranges up here. It's just finding a place to shoot the rifles that's a pain.

WV
07-23-2012, 12:46 AM
That would end badly for me. :D However, there are plenty of indoor pistol ranges up here. It's just finding a place to shoot the rifles that's a pain.

If I'm just shooting a gun in before I go hunting I can do that here as well, but if i want to have fun I have to go somewhere else. My cousin doesn't live far though, we don't have that many indoor ranges here at all. It would be nice if we did.

rad
07-23-2012, 06:27 AM

Yesterday I pumped enough fossil fuel in my vehicle to kill hundreds.

HUNDREDS!!

All it took was a swipe and push of button.

(You've uttered the words "semi-automatic assault rifle" before, haven't you?)

Nzoner
07-23-2012, 06:30 AM
I dunno, I was thinking maybe a security camera by the fire exits so they can see if any heavily armed intruders are fixing to come through the back doors. But banning costumes should have the same effect.

At least it would create a new job because at least around here they couldn't hire the people they do that run the theatre,hell,they don't even know when there's a problem with the movie unless you go tell them.

rad
07-23-2012, 06:42 AM

I have a vast array of guns locked up in my house. Handguns, rifles, shotguns, historical military etc......and my kids shoot them with me whenever I go.

The reason for that is so they are exposed and educated to the devastating lethality of these weapons and will dampen their curiosity about them when I release them to society as young adults. They wont be as likely to play around with them and hurt somebody, or themselves.

Reerun_KC
07-23-2012, 06:54 AM

I want or have them because I can. Its America and you are not going to tell me I cant have a gun... When some asshat crys about a gun, I want to go buy it just to say Fuck you to the guy that doesnt think we should have it.

I love them, love shooting them and love educating my family on proper gun care and responsibility.

Dayze
07-23-2012, 06:55 AM
Police presence is much more about windowdressing than it is about preventing crime. Cops just show up after everything is over and tally up the score.

I would respectfully disagree with this.

Unless the kid had a full-auto/illegal AR15 (assuming he isn't a Class 3 firearm dealer), the standard AR is nothing more than a semi-auto rifle. It uses very similar rounds that hunters also use in their hunting rifles, some of which are semi-auto. Additionally, a lot of folks (maybe here on CP) use the AR and its' round for hunting purposes as well.
There also several semi-auto rifles / CQB platforms such as the HK MP5 that are chambered in 9mm; as well at .45 ACP.

IMO (not necessarily directing this at you etc), a lot of people see what the AR looks like, and think it's scary, not realizing that in its' most basic form, it's no different than any other semi-auto weapon. Possiably magazine capacity. However, there are hi-cap mags available in pistols as well. And proponents of limited magazine capacity, should also realize that a competent/proficient shooter can drop/reload very quickly anyway.

I don't think it's so much the platform in which he was using, but rather he was just a wack job with several screws loose; and a well thought out course of destruction. This is the part that concerns me the most.

Just my thoughts etc..

notorious
07-23-2012, 06:58 AM
Guys, don't feed that fucking idiot.

rockymtnchief
07-23-2012, 07:02 AM
IMO (not necessarily directing this at you etc), a lot of people see what the AR looks like, and think it's scary, not realizing that in its' most basic form, it's no different than any other semi-auto weapon. Possiably magazine capacity. However, there are hi-cap mags available in pistols as well. And proponents of limited magazine capacity, should also realize that a competent/proficient shooter can drop/reload very quickly anyway.

I don't think it's so much the platform in which he was using, but rather he was just a wack job with several screws loose; and a well thought out course of destruction. This is the part that concerns me the most.

Just my thoughts etc..

Lay an AR next to a wood stock mini-14 and ask which is more dangerous. The uneducated will say the AR 90% of the time.

notorious
07-23-2012, 07:03 AM
Lay an AR next to a wood stock mini-14 and ask which is more dangerous. The uneducated will say the AR 90% of the time.

It's a wash, isn't it?

SAUTO
07-23-2012, 07:05 AM
OTOH, you're a fucking loser if you dress up in a costume to go to a movie.

this, i wouldnt think a costume would be necessary to view a movie, or even enhance the experience

notorious
07-23-2012, 07:06 AM
I posted this in the wrong thread.

I moved this awesome post to "Gun Control" Thread.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261606&page=23

jspchief
07-23-2012, 07:17 AM

I get the point you are making, but that would have to be some impressive accuracy. I kind of doubt he only fired 80 rounds.

So let me ask this. What about these large capacity magazines? I believe i read he had a 1k round drum? How important is it for the gun owner to have that? How neccessary is it for shooting enjoyment?

I can't believe that even the staunchest gun advocate can honestly say that his capacity to do damage wasn't increased with the use of weapons that would have been covered by the previous ban.

whoman69
07-23-2012, 07:37 AM

Its also nearly completely useless.

JD10367
07-23-2012, 07:44 AM

This is easily the smartest post you've ever made. Kudos.

Wallcrawler
07-23-2012, 07:46 AM
It wont fix anything.

The guy didnt come in with anything. He came in, took his seat and as the movie got going he left through the emergency exit, leaving it propped open. He went to his car, got his gear, and re-entered with the weapons.

If anything needs to be changed, its how the security at the emergency exit is handled.

Lzen
07-23-2012, 08:12 AM
If we weren't sitting through one of these assault weapon massacres every couple months

Link?

Lzen
07-23-2012, 08:13 AM

Just like the Nazis, right?

Lzen
07-23-2012, 08:15 AM
The guy is a complete ****ing loon. :shake:

Water is wet.

MMXcalibur
07-23-2012, 08:24 AM

I know I'd feel a lot more safer if the military and police have guns rather than giving even a .00001% chance that anything like this happens again. It's an extreme, I know...but IN MY OPINION, I feel there are very limited circumstances as to when ordinary civilians should be housing dangerous firearms.

Reerun_KC
07-23-2012, 09:18 AM
I know I'd feel a lot more safer if the military and police have guns rather than giving even a .00001% chance that anything like this happens again. It's an extreme, I know...but IN MY OPINION, I feel there are very limited circumstances as to when ordinary civilians should be housing dangerous firearms.

so you are saying its okay for criminals to have them but not ordinary people...

got it.

rockymtnchief
07-23-2012, 09:54 AM
It's a wash, isn't it?

Pretty much. Same caliber and you can get 20 round mags for the 14. One looks military and the other like a hunting rifle. Both semi-auto.

Brock
07-23-2012, 09:58 AM

Taking guns away from me won't keep this from happening.

Frazod
07-23-2012, 10:02 AM
This is easily the smartest post you've ever made. Kudos.

And this is easily your dumbest. Kudos.

BTW, how does a hunter keep his rifle "on site"? A locker in a hollowed-out tree? :shake:

LVNHACK
07-23-2012, 10:16 AM

Says the guy who wears an Obama mask........

RealSNR
07-23-2012, 10:23 AM

Yep. Exactly. The United States and Norway. Fuck their lax gun control laws leading to all those gun deaths

LVNHACK
07-23-2012, 10:24 AM

Yeah cause all Mil and LE are sane....Ever hear the name Mc Veigh ?.....He was USA...

No LE or Mil have ever lost it and excuted people around them ?...And that's what it was that happened those innocents were excuted....

CoMoChief
07-23-2012, 10:30 AM
It's stupid to ban guns....because criminals will still be able to get them......meanwhile the law abiding citizens are to do without? Seems a little silly and nothing more than a PR issue and kneejerk reaction and try to pass this UN gun treaty bill.

MOhillbilly
07-23-2012, 11:26 AM
I want a nuke.

Chief Gump
07-23-2012, 11:57 AM

Hey, whatever you want to do in your free time is up to you.

Dayze
07-23-2012, 12:04 PM
lol

mr. tegu
07-23-2012, 12:08 PM
It wont fix anything.

The guy didnt come in with anything. He came in, took his seat and as the movie got going he left through the emergency exit, leaving it propped open. He went to his car, got his gear, and re-entered with the weapons.

If anything needs to be changed, its how the security at the emergency exit is handled.

I still can't believe that those emergency exits aren't set with alarms. That makes no sense to me. If that were the case the entire event likely would not have happened.

vailpass
07-23-2012, 12:13 PM
I want a nuke.

LMAO

DaFace
07-23-2012, 12:14 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CIVLi9oIC3k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Craig Ferguson is a good dude.

Yup. He's always been my favorite, and it was a class move for him to come in on what was obviously his day off to re-record the opening.