View Full Version : Football Ryan Clady not worth this kind of coin

ShowtimeSBMVP
07-22-2012, 05:12 PM
ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk

Report: Broncos offer Clady $50 million extension http://wp.me/p14QSB-4toP

Report: Broncos offer Clady $50 million extension
Posted by Evan Silva on July 22, 2012, 7:10 PM EDT
Ryan Clady Pic Getty Images

Mike Klis of the Denver Post reports that the Denver Broncos have made left tackle Ryan Clady a five-year, $50 million contract offer that would include $28 million guaranteed. As noted by Klis, the $10 million average annual value would put Clady with the NFL’s top-five highest-paid left tackles.

Clady, who is in the final year of his rookie contract, is owed $3.5 million in 2012.

Per Klis, however, the offer isn’t viewed as strong enough by Clady’s camp. Agent Pat Dye reportedly wants a deal worth more than that of Cleveland’s Joe Thomas. Thomas signed an eight-year, $92 million deal last August and is the NFL’s richest left tackle.

Clady isn’t as good as Thomas — and it isn’t even close. So the fact that Clady wants more money than a player he’s inferior to suggests no deal is imminent, barring a surprise increase in the Broncos’ already reasonable offer.

WhitiE
07-22-2012, 05:16 PM
Who is the best? Thomas?

-King-
07-22-2012, 05:19 PM
LMAO @ This.

gochiefs will somehow link Pioli/Bowe with this
Posted via Mobile Device

WV
07-22-2012, 05:21 PM
This reminds me of Mike Wallace supposedly wanting Larry Fitzgerald money.....LOL!

If either is true of course.

DaFace
07-22-2012, 05:23 PM
Damn. That's pretty risky for a guy whose performance has been declining the past couple years. He's decent, but not worth that kind of coin.

Bowser
07-22-2012, 05:24 PM
And Tamba Hali smiles.

milkman
07-22-2012, 05:26 PM
Who is the best? Thomas?

Russel Okung......duh....

Bewbies
07-22-2012, 06:09 PM
You're looking at Albert's deal right there...

Nightfyre
07-22-2012, 06:10 PM
28 mil gty'd over 5 years? Clady should turn that down.

notorious
07-22-2012, 06:18 PM
Quality LT's are hard to come by. LT's that will get away with tackling pass rushers are even harder to come by.

He is worth the money to Denver.

Titty Meat
07-22-2012, 06:30 PM
Isn't this what the new CBA was designed to do?

Quesadilla Joe
07-22-2012, 06:33 PM
Clady is among only five offensive linemen in NFL history who have started every game and made two Pro Bowls through their first four seasons.

PFT should stick to reporting news and stop trying to pretend they know how good players are.

milkman
07-22-2012, 06:38 PM
PFT should stick to reporting news and stop trying to pretend they know how good players are.

You should talk to other Donkey fans that share your delusions, and stop trying to pretend you know.......anything.

Hammock Parties
07-22-2012, 07:08 PM
Clady was the 57th rated OT last year.

L.A. Chieffan
07-22-2012, 07:13 PM
You build from the inside out. Once you have that franchise LT you want to keep him.

Quesadilla Joe
07-22-2012, 07:14 PM

And yet Denver is offering him 10 mil a year...

Judging a player by his PFF rating is just as bad as judging a player by his Madden rating.

SnakeXJones
07-22-2012, 07:18 PM

Judging a player by his PFF rating is just as bad as judging a player by his Madden rating.No cause you'll just put that shit to a 99 Overall

rockymtnchief
07-22-2012, 07:20 PM

BFD. Denver is also the same team that moved up to get a 3rd round QB only to trade him away later. Don't act like the Broncos never make mistakes.

Quesadilla Joe
07-22-2012, 07:24 PM
3.Ryan Clady, T, Broncos, $3.5M: An offseason injury imperiled his 2012 season, but the stud left tackle got his game back and overcame it and is in line for a big payday. Of anyone on this list, his new deal could come first, given the importance of his position and how underpaid he is as his rookie deal expires. No way you let him get a chance to hit the market being this good and this young, and Mike Shanahan has called him the best left tackle he has seen. Charlie Johnson and Adam Snyder are among those tackles set to make more than Clady in 2012, but, again, I doubt that ends up being the case. A deal could be done by the end of camp, if not sooner.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/19436666/the-11-best-bargains-and-the-11-worst-contracts-in-the-nfl

Brock
07-22-2012, 07:58 PM
FF to next year. "Albert's not worth that much money! Hold the line, Scott"!!!

milkman
07-22-2012, 08:20 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/19436666/the-11-best-bargains-and-the-11-worst-contracts-in-the-nfl

I guess Mike Shannahan has never seen Anthony Munoz or Willie Roaf, or even Joe Thomas.

Or maybe, just maybe, it's standard coachspeak hyperbole.

Stop talking, dipshit.

MagicHef
07-22-2012, 08:38 PM

And in 2010, he was 9th.

In 2009, 15th.

One of these years is an abberation.

ShowtimeSBMVP
07-22-2012, 09:06 PM
And in 2010, he was 9th.

In 2009, 15th.

One of these years is an abberation.

57th ranked when Denver didn't pass much.This year he's gonna look like Barry Richardson.

Quesadilla Joe
07-22-2012, 09:10 PM
57th ranked when Denver didn't pass much.This year he's gonna look like Barry Richardson.

His run blocking grade is what made him slip on PFF.

milkman
07-22-2012, 09:13 PM

Claythan can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that rating includes both pass protection and run blocking.

If I'm correct, this would not be any kind of abberation.

He is far better in pass protection than he is in run blocking, and since they didn't pass the ball neraly as much, his rating suffered for that.

Quesadilla Joe
07-22-2012, 09:23 PM
Denver led the league in rushing yards and were sixth in yards per attempt, but according to PFF, Denver had the worst run blocking OL in the NFL.

Quesadilla Joe
07-22-2012, 09:29 PM
Denver led the league in rushing yards and were sixth in yards per attempt, but according to PFF, Denver had the worst run blocking OL in the NFL.

By a WIDE margin too. The team with the next lowest grade to Denver had a run blocking grade 44.2 points higher than Denver's.

LMAO

Sassy Squatch
07-22-2012, 09:29 PM
When your qb runs for over 650 yards, its kind of hard not to lead the league.

BossChief
07-22-2012, 09:34 PM
If Manning is his old self, Clady is gonna appear to play a lot better.

Chiefshrink
07-22-2012, 09:36 PM
Damn. That's pretty risky for a guy whose performance has been declining the past couple years. He's decent, but not worth that kind of coin.

:thumb:

Chiefshrink
07-22-2012, 09:38 PM
If Manning is his old self, Clady is gonna appear to play a lot better.

I agree but Clady has never been his old self since that injury that is for sure.

Hammock Parties
07-22-2012, 10:21 PM

You did.

The only reason your running game took off was Tebow and the option.

jspchief
07-22-2012, 11:42 PM
Clady was bad because he had a FB playing qb.

The reality is hes probably pretty comparable to Albert, and imo we'll be lucky if we can get Albert on an offer like that.

wazu
07-23-2012, 12:10 AM
Nothing like watching Chiefs fans balk at every big money contract they see other teams offer players, or our own players ask for and not get, then go get from other teams. We've lowered our expectations to meet what we expect Hunt to do. Mediocrity.

Quesadilla Joe
07-23-2012, 12:18 AM
You did.

The only reason your running game took off was Tebow and the option.

It helped, but Denver ran out of the "I" a lot more than you think. Also, Willis McGahee had three 100 yard games in games that Orton started and only had 4 under Tebow.

I think it is impossible for the #1 ranked rush offense to have the worst run blocking OL in the NFL.

themanwithnoname
07-23-2012, 12:41 AM
I guess Mike Shannahan has never seen Anthony Munoz or Willie Roaf, or even Joe Thomas.

Or maybe, just maybe, it's standard coachspeak hyperbole.

Stop talking, dipshit.

Yep, since he drafted him and was only around for his rookie year, Shanahan is gonna hype the kid because it also makes him look better. And let's not forget him overhyping Asomugha.

I think he's better than his rating last year, but he's been declining. Its hard to fault the guy with the mess that Denver's been though. He had the tools to be good, not sure if they're still there after that injury. He won't have much excuses for his play this year. I highly doubt the leniency he's gotten from the refs will discontinue at least.

clyde05
07-23-2012, 01:02 AM
It helped, but Denver ran out of the "I" a lot more than you think. Also, Willis McGahee had three 100 yard games in games that Orton started and only had 4 under Tebow.

I think it is impossible for the #1 ranked rush offense to have the worst run blocking OL in the NFL.

Didn't think you ever watched the games

Quesadilla Joe
07-23-2012, 01:07 AM
Didn't think you ever watched the games

The Miami game is the last game I turned off early, but I turned it back on right after I read on Twitter we tied the game to send it into OT. Ever since that game I stuck around until the very end, and because of that I got to witness one of the more thrilling regular seasons in NFL history.

whoman69
07-23-2012, 07:54 AM
The bar has been set for Albert. Get it done this year Pioli, since you have some cap space you can spread some of that to this year.

Brock
07-23-2012, 08:01 AM
The bar has been set for Albert. Get it done this year Pioli, since you have some cap space you can spread some of that to this year.

Nah, he'll probably expect to be paid like a top 10 tackle, we can't be wasting Clark's money like that.

Rasputin
07-23-2012, 10:41 AM
Lots of money to pay a guy that isn't going prevent the sounds "snap, crackle or pop" echo around the stadium. That's the sounds of an expensive neck breaking.

vailpass
07-23-2012, 10:44 AM
Oh noes a starting OL wants to bet paid.
LULZ at Bowlen if he pays him.

RealSNR
07-23-2012, 10:45 AM
The Miami game is the last game I turned off early, but I turned it back on right after I read on Twitter we tied the game to send it into OT. Ever since that game I stuck around until the very end, and because of that I got to witness one of the more thrilling regular seasons in NFL history.I once turned off a Chiefs game when they were losing big.

When I was 8 years old.

Since then, I've become a big boy.

vailpass
07-23-2012, 10:46 AM
I once turned off a Chiefs game when they were losing big.

When I was 8 years old.

I don't turn it off but I turn the drinking up.

ShowtimeSBMVP
07-23-2012, 01:22 PM
Ryan Clady: Knowing Your Worth
July 23rd, 2012 | Author: Khaled Elsayed

It must be nice to turn down a five-year $50m deal. According to reports in the Denver Post, that’s exactly what Ryan Clady’s advisors have done, with them believing their client is worth more than the 8-year $92m offer signed by Joe Thomas.

That’s crazy on so many levels.

The offer itself is only $1.5m per annum short of the Thomas offer, although without knowing the guaranteed numbers it’s hard to effectively compare. So what really stands out to me are two things; that teams overvalue left tackles and the question of how Ryan Clady got it into his head that he’s in the same class as Joe Thomas.

The myth of the blindside tackle

David Diehl (-58.1). Chad Clifton (-6.3). Jermon Bushrod (-16.5). Those are the last three Super Bowl winning left tackles with their grades for the season their team lifted the Lombardi trophy.

Not so great.

We know the quarterback is the most important position on the team. So logic would tell us that the guy who protects that most vulnerable of spots is pretty important as well right? After all, as I said in this piece, when passers are pressured their – numbers take a hefty tumble.

The thing is though that philosophy gives left tackles more credit than they are due. It doesn’t take into account the help they get or the scheme they play in, and perhaps more importantly it takes an attitude that the quarterback can’t protect himself. Nothing is further from the truth. Ryan Clady knows this only too well. Look at his rookie year where Jay Cutler allowed none of Clady’s league leading 44 pressures allowed to turn into sacks, then compare last season when of the 41 total quarterback disruptions he allowed, six turned into sacks with Tim Tebow behind center for the most part.

Offensive tackles and left tackles in particular are rarely greater than the whole. A great left tackle won’t stop pressure getting to the quarterback, because there are four other guys who can still give it up on every play together with backs and tight ends who are in almost as vulnerable a position when they stay into pass block. Having Jason Peters didn’t stop Michael Vick spending 39.8% of plays under pressure, and having Duane Brown didn’t prevent Matt Schaub having to deal with some heat on 34.8% of plays (11th highest in the league).

If having a good left tackle was all protection was about then maybe those guys who can blanket pass rushers should get paid nearly $12m per annum. But it’s not, and a left tackle, as good as he may be, is just part of a unit that needs a quarterback to do a lot to look after himself. It’s why a quarterback like Matt Hasselbeck is a tackle’s best friend; he gets rid of the ball before pressure can get to him, leading the league in how quickly he got rid of the ball (on average 2.4 seconds). It shouldn’t come as much of a surprise that the amount of pressure both David Stewart and Michael Roos gave up declined as a result.

Top five tackle?

It’s just my opinion but while I think Joe Thomas is the best tackle in football I still think the position he plays means he’s overpaid. I’m not so shortsighted as to know some will value left tackles considerably more than I do. That’s their prerogative. So if Joe Thomas is worth all that money, and that’s the amount the game’s top left tackle should be paid, then why would Ryan Clady feel entitled to the same?

Perhaps I’ve been a little harsh on Clady in the past. The truth is he’s developed into a good tackle. Last year was a down year for sure, but with the installation of what was essentially a gimmick offense, and having a quarterback who held onto the ball longer than anyone else, there are some mitigating circumstances. We handed him a -24.1 grade, with most of the damage being done with some poor run blocking and 12 penalties surrendered. His pass blocking, always his strength, was also sub standard but not by such a distance that he gave up a huge amount of pressure. As mentioned earlier he actually gave up less total pressure in 2011 (including playoffs) than he did in his famed rookie year where he didn’t give up a single sack.

You get a better appreciation of what he can do when you look at his 2009 and 2010 seasons. In ‘09 he gave up 34 sacks, hits and hurries and finished 15th in our pass blocking grading (15th overall) and in ’10 he moved up to 7th in pass protection and 9th overall while giving up 37 QB disruptions. Those are solid credentials, but he’s never outplayed Jake Long or Joe Thomas, never had the kind of year that Jason Peters just had, and has never impressed like Andrew Whitworth has since he moved to full time starting tackle.

With those four guys the top left tackles in the game when healthy, Clady should consider his peers the likes of Eugene Monroe, Michael Roos, Duane Brown, Jordan Gross and D’Brickashaw Ferguson. Would any of them reasonably expect to get paid more than Joe Thomas? What’s more would they expect it after having the kind of year Clady had?

Keeping Peyton on his feet

Of course there’s a counter argument that Peyton Manning needs all the help available in avoiding hits. The Broncos have invested big time in him and they don’t want their franchise quarterback being drilled to the turf on a regular basis. Having Clady is imperative in protecting the Broncos investment in Manning many may say.

I’d beg to differ, and if anything Clady should consider himself fortunate to play with Manning. This is a quarterback who has dealt with players like Tony Ugoh and Charlie Johnson at left tackle, and consistently taken less sacks and hits than others. For Clady he gets his Jay Cutler year all over again with a passer who will make those sacks allowed numbers look a lot better than they should. I mean in 2009 and 2010 combined, Manning’s left tackle Charlie Johnson gave up 23 combined sacks and hits, while in the same period Clady gave up 22 with Kyle Orton (who got rid of the ball the 9th quickest in 2011) as his QB.

The real truth is while it’s nice to have a good left tackle like Clady protecting Manning, you can get to a Super Bowl with Charlie Johnson there. So why overpay for something that the QB does a good job taking care of anyway?

The domino effect

No, if what the Denver Post reports is true, Clady should consider himself lucky to get $10m per year, especially after 2011. He’s a top 10 tackle who does a good job holding pass rushers at bay. But he has rarely offered much in the run game, isn’t in the upper echelon of left tackles and now has a quarterback who has demonstrated he can get by without an elite pass protecter on his blindside.

Will the Broncos cave? Nobody can tell, but it’s an interesting year for tackles. Players like Jake Long, Duane Brown and Branden Albert are all set to hit free agency after the season so they’ll likely be a lot of posturing going on as agents try and land their client a better deal than the one that came before. Maybe that’s why Clady’s camp have such ridiculous demands, hoping the Broncos get spooked when other deals are completed.

Whatever their reasoning my advice is stay strong Denver, your franchise left tackle is more replaceable than he thinks.

vailpass
07-23-2012, 01:24 PM
Ryan Clady: Knowing Your Worth
July 23rd, 2012 | Author: Khaled Elsayed

Whatever their reasoning my advice is stay strong Denver, your franchise left tackle is more replaceable than he thinks.

If I want to know how to handicap camel races I'll listen to this guy. Until then, no thanks.

Garcia Bronco
07-23-2012, 01:29 PM
Clady is one of the best in the league and has been so since the day he played his first pro game. There is a reason he led the league in holding penalties at LT and still made the PB last year.

Urc Burry
07-23-2012, 01:33 PM
Clady is one of the best in the league and has been so since the day he played his first pro game. There is a reason he led the league in holding penalties at LT and still made the PB last year.

He made the pro bowl because he is still living off the hype from his rookie season

Quesadilla Joe
07-23-2012, 01:51 PM
I once turned off a Chiefs game when they were losing big.

When I was 8 years old.

Whatever. I read the game threads here. I'm not the only one here who turns off games.

Saul Good
07-23-2012, 02:02 PM
Whatever. I read the game threads here. I'm not the only one here who turns off games.

I do. Is spending close to four hours watching a turd of a game supposed to be some badge of honor? My free time is valuable. Why should I waste it glued to a television watching the Lions run up the score?

Garcia Bronco
07-23-2012, 02:02 PM
He made the pro bowl because he is still living off the hype from his rookie season

It's not hype if it's true and his rookie season was awesome. Best rookie LT that year which included Jake Long. But ultimately he's a good LT. At least top ten and probably top 5. Had he not injured himself we wouldn't even be having this discussion, IMO.

Garcia Bronco
07-23-2012, 02:04 PM
I do. Is spending close to four hours watching a turd of a game supposed to be some badge of honor? My free time is valuable. Why should I waste it glued to a television watching the Lions run up the score?

I agree. I've turned off Bronco games before. I am not going to waste my life watching any team that appears to not be prepared to execute their profession.

vailpass
07-23-2012, 02:09 PM
I agree. I've turned off Bronco games before. I am not going to waste my life watching any team that appears to not be prepared to execute their profession.

I don't turn it off (don't blame anyone that does) but I get up and wander around, mix a few cocktails, smoke a few cigarettes, flip over to Red Zone if I'm watching at home, check fantasy, etc.

Garcia Bronco
07-23-2012, 02:43 PM
I don't turn it off (don't blame anyone that does) but I get up and wander around, mix a few cocktails, smoke a few cigarettes, flip over to Red Zone if I'm watching at home, check fantasy, etc.

In fact the last Bronco game I straight up turned off was a Chiefs-Broncos game. The opening kick off was returned for a TD and at that point I turned it off. I wasn't going to endure watching the half-assed attempts to play a pro game. And that's what it turned out to be.

Last year you couldn't pay me to turn a game off. It was that good.

WhiteWhale
07-23-2012, 02:53 PM
Clady is just a guy. He's not great. He's not terrible. He's extremely over-rated.

There are better ways to spend that kind of money, but it's their team.

WhiteWhale
07-23-2012, 02:58 PM
It's not hype if it's true and his rookie season was awesome. Best rookie LT that year which included Jake Long. But ultimately he's a good LT. At least top ten and probably top 5. Had he not injured himself we wouldn't even be having this discussion, IMO.

Clady allowed .5 sacks but led all NFL tackles in pressures allowed. So he got beat a lot... but Cutler got rid of the ball. As soon as Cutler left what happened?

We saw who he really is. 6-8 of those hurries became sacks and his hurries allowed is routinely over 30. He allowed 34 last season and the team barely threw the ball.

He's over-rated. That's why he makes probowls. As an OL once you make ONE, fans just keep voting you in because nobody pays attention to the OL.

It's not that he's a bad player. He's just not an elite player like the media (and denver fans) believe he is.

notorious
07-23-2012, 03:02 PM
Clady will make the ProBowl this year.

With Manning under center, Clady will have to tear the DE's jersey off, depants him, kill his family and sodomize the referee's wife to get a holding penalty called.

BossChief
07-23-2012, 03:17 PM
I wonder if Bowes agent is doing the same thing.

Thinking he is worth more that Fitz got...

I'll have to look into it when I have more time to see if they work for the same agency.

Even if they don't, that could be the case.

Pitt Gorilla
07-23-2012, 03:43 PM
Clady allowed .5 sacks but led all NFL tackles in pressures allowed. So he got beat a lot... but Cutler got rid of the ball. As soon as Cutler left what happened?

We saw who he really is. 6-8 of those hurries became sacks and his hurries allowed is routinely over 30. He allowed 34 last season and the team barely threw the ball.

He's over-rated. That's why he makes probowls. As an OL once you make ONE, fans just keep voting you in because nobody pays attention to the OL.

It's not that he's a bad player. He's just not an elite player like the media (and denver fans) believe he is.I'm not sure Bronco fan wants to address this point.

vailpass
07-23-2012, 03:49 PM

It's not that he's a bad player. He's just not an elite player like the media (and denver fans) believe he is.

I for one highly value the football opinion of a jack-legged slap dick on the intertube message boards. Much more so than the people paid to make player evaluations. thanks much for this.

Pasta Little Brioni
07-23-2012, 05:25 PM
No cause you'll just put that shit to a 99 Overall

Bahaha

Pasta Little Brioni
07-23-2012, 05:26 PM

Tebow dumbass. Without him you're a bottom tier rushing unit.

vailpass
07-23-2012, 05:29 PM
Tebow dumbass. Without him you're a bottom tier rushing unit.

And without Brady New England is a bottom tier passing unit. I see your point but it cuts both ways.

Pasta Little Brioni
07-23-2012, 05:31 PM
And without Brady New England is a bottom tier passing unit. I see your point but it cuts both ways.

I mean they ran the ball almost 50 times a game with him behind center. It's kind of hard not to lead the league in rushing.

vailpass
07-23-2012, 05:36 PM
I mean they ran the ball almost 50 times a game with him behind center. It's kind of hard not to lead the league in rushing.

Agreed. And they won't do that college option shit this year (thank you lord). Still, they ran it successfully regardless of who was carrying.

WhiteWhale
07-23-2012, 06:36 PM
I for one highly value the football opinion of a jack-legged slap dick on the intertube message boards. Much more so than the people paid to make player evaluations. thanks much for this.

What kind of limp dicked argument is this?

"He got paid, so he's awesome! Whattayooo know? You post on a message board. ONLY IDIOTS POST ON MESSAGE BOARDS!!" - You, posting on a message board.

Chief Roundup
07-23-2012, 06:58 PM

Would it still be the #1 rush offense without Tebow's rushing yards?

Pasta Little Brioni
07-23-2012, 07:13 PM

Not even close, especially those option and triple option yards.

whoman69
07-23-2012, 07:21 PM
Agreed. And they won't do that college option shit this year (thank you lord). Still, they ran it successfully regardless of who was carrying.

They ran successfully because the extra option of Tebow was there. Look at their numbers under Orton.

RealSNR
07-23-2012, 07:27 PM
Have I missed Chiefs games because of life commitments? You bet your ass. There are years where I can only watch half of all Chiefs games.

But am I going to turn off a game when my team is still in striking distance of a win? Fuck no. That's what you admitted to doing. You turned the game off because the Donks were losing. Then you got a twitter update, and EVERYTHING CHANGED.

You're still fairweather.

MagicHef
07-23-2012, 07:33 PM

If you simply delete Tebow's yards, the Broncos become #12 in rushing. That seems absurd, though, because you are effectively giving the Broncos 122 plays for zero yards.

Instead, if you replace Tebow's runs with the average YPC of carries not done by Tebow, yes, the Broncos are still #1.

Quesadilla Joe
07-23-2012, 07:35 PM
Have I missed Chiefs games because of life commitments? You bet your ass. There are years where I can only watch half of all Chiefs games.

But am I going to turn off a game when my team is still in striking distance of a win? **** no. That's what you admitted to doing. You turned the game off because the Donks were losing. Then you got a twitter update, and EVERYTHING CHANGED.

You're still fairweather.

A fairweather fan doesn't get pissed off when their team loses. They also don't watch every game during a 4-12 season.

What is the point in watching Kyle Orton try to bring your team back from a 14+ point deficit? It's not going to happen.

Chief Roundup
07-23-2012, 07:39 PM
If you simply delete Tebow's yards, the Broncos become #12 in rushing. That seems absurd, though, because you are effectively giving the Broncos 122 plays for zero yards.

Instead, if you replace Tebow's runs with the average YPC of carries not done by Tebow, yes, the Broncos are still #1.

Yeah but if they had a normal QB that QB wouldn't be running for those yards therefore Denver would lose most of those rushing yards.
I know some of those 122 plays would of been rushes by a RB but there would be a lot if not most of those plays that would be passes.

MagicHef
07-23-2012, 07:47 PM
They ran successfully because the extra option of Tebow was there. Look at their numbers under Orton.

Which numbers under Orton? The ones where McGahee had three 100 yard games (out of five), ran at 4.5 YPC, and was on track for a 1200 yard season? Obviously Tebow is the only reason that we could run.

Pasta Little Brioni
07-24-2012, 09:23 AM

Sorry, but that's retarded ROFL Those would be pass plays more than likely in a normal offense.

RealSNR
07-24-2012, 09:35 AM
A fairweather fan doesn't get pissed off when their team loses. They also don't watch every game during a 4-12 season.

What is the point in watching Kyle Orton try to bring your team back from a 14+ point deficit? It's not going to happen.If the defense is playing halfway decently and it's still early-mid 4th quarter? There's always a chance. Those comebacks happen all the goddamn time, even with QBs like Kyle Orton.

Matt Cassel had one this year for fuck's sake.

Garcia Bronco
07-24-2012, 09:40 AM

When you consider who the QB was most the season, that's a great job. I also disagree with thre idea that he's overrated. He's rated exactly where he should be.

vailpass
07-24-2012, 11:00 AM
Sorry, but that's retarded ROFL Those would be pass plays more than likely in a normal offense.

Huh? You have no idea what those plays would have been. Nobody does. It's ok to be a homer on your own board but don't let it make you look foolish.

MagicHef
07-24-2012, 11:36 AM

Not necessarily. We did run a lot, but not an unheard of amount. Houston had the same number of carries as we did. KC had more carries in 2010 (but fewer yards).