PDA

View Full Version : News Rape victim spoke out the names of her underage attackers

Msmith
07-23-2012, 08:04 AM
A Kentucky girl who was sexually assaulted could face contempt of court charges after she tweeted the names of her juvenile attackers.

Savannah Dietrich, the 17-year-old victim, was frustrated by a plea deal reached late last month by the two boys who assaulted her, and took to Twitter to expose them--violating a court order to keep their names confidential.

"There you go, lock me up," Dietrich tweeted after naming the perpetrators. "I'm not protecting anyone that made my life a living Hell." Her Twitter account has since been closed....

Link: http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/savannah-dietrich-twitter-sexual-assault-louisville-174732753.html

Is she stupid or being brave for doing this?

loochy
07-23-2012, 08:07 AM
cool?

kepp
07-23-2012, 08:07 AM
Brave...but she could have been smarter about it. Have someone else tweet it.

Al Bundy
07-23-2012, 08:08 AM
If they lock that girl up they are going to have 100 lawyers down there quicker than a turd passes through their sewer system.

MIAdragon
07-23-2012, 08:09 AM
Both, cant say I fault her though.

ElGringo
07-23-2012, 08:24 AM
America....Fuck Yeah....Gotta love a court system that pleas out the offenders and jails the victim.

Nzoner
07-23-2012, 08:28 AM
America....**** Yeah....Gotta love a court system that pleas out the offenders and jails the victim.

No shit,never forget the night a guy tried to break in our place and I was still living at home.I met him with a butcher knife when he finally got the door opened and the first question the cops asked when they arrived was,"did he cut you" to the perp.

notorious
07-23-2012, 08:29 AM
Good work.

Predarat
07-23-2012, 08:30 AM
No shit,never forget the night a guy tried to break in our place and I was still living at home.I met him with a butcher knife when he finally got the door opened and the first question the cops asked when they arrived was,"did he cut you" to the perp.

My gosh, what a bunch of bullshit.

Reerun_KC
07-23-2012, 08:32 AM

I would of given him about 2-3 steps in the house, the cops wouldnt of been able to ask him any stupid questions...

lcarus
07-23-2012, 08:37 AM
I would of given him about 2-3 steps in the house, the cops wouldnt of been able to ask him any stupid questions...

It would have gone from "did he cut you" to "oh shit, that bitch got CUT"

Reerun_KC
07-23-2012, 08:41 AM
It would have gone from "did he cut you" to "oh shit, that bitch got CUT"

More like, some one might want to get a mop and a body bag...

kepp
07-23-2012, 08:43 AM

I've always heard that if you take on an intruder, you're better off killing them than injuring/disabling them from a legal standpoint.

Chiefnj2
07-23-2012, 08:44 AM
Her name is plastered all over the articles, yet the attackers names aren't.

luv
07-23-2012, 08:46 AM
America....**** Yeah....Gotta love a court system that pleas out the offenders and jails the victim.

Agree. It's not always just. It's a matter of what you can prove or what you can win.

That said, even if it didn't work out in criminal court, I woner if such a restriction also prohibited her from filing a civil suit?

lcarus
07-23-2012, 08:54 AM
More like, some one might want to get a mop and a body bag...

LOL. Clean up on aisle "living room"

Reerun_KC
07-23-2012, 08:57 AM
LOL. Clean up on aisle "living room"

Yes sir... I have a right to defend my family inside my own home with any force I feel is necessary...

And if I want to bring out an assault rifle and empty a clip into someone inside my home. Its might right.

lcarus
07-23-2012, 09:00 AM
Yes sir... I have a right to defend my family inside my own home with any force I feel is necessary...

And if I want to bring out an assault rifle and empty a clip into someone inside my home. Its might right.

Agreed

Rain Man
07-23-2012, 09:00 AM

Um, I don't think I'll be able to make your draft party this year.

Reerun_KC
07-23-2012, 09:02 AM
Um, I don't think I'll be able to make your draft party this year.
:deevee:

Rain Man
07-23-2012, 09:04 AM
I hope she doesn't do a day in jail.

I really don't understand the concept of cloaking the identity of teenage offenders. I realize that the goal is to give them a clean start as an adult, and there's a presumption that they're not able to think logically until they're 18, but if a teenager is raping somebody, they're a menace. I don't care if they thought about what they were doing or if they're of sound mind. They're a menace, and the public should know about them.

luv
07-23-2012, 09:06 AM

I really don't understand the concept of cloaking the identity of teenage offenders. I realize that the goal is to give them a clean start as an adult, and there's a presumption that they're not able to think logically until they're 18, but if a teenager is raping somebody, they're a menace. I don't care if they thought about what they were doing or if they're of sound mind. They're a menace, and the public should know about them.

Courts are very strict when it comes to the protection of the identity of minors. Legally speaking, they're incompetent.

Aries Walker
07-23-2012, 09:06 AM
Brave. Good for her.

Rain Man
07-23-2012, 09:08 AM
Courts are very strict when it comes to the protection of the identity of minors. Legally speaking, they're incompetent.

Do they protect the identity of mentally disabled people too? If a person with an IQ of 70 rapes someone, are they shielded as well?

That's a serious question, by they way. Not facetious.

Nzoner
07-23-2012, 09:22 AM

Couldn't have said it better.

luv
07-23-2012, 09:24 AM
Do they protect the identity of mentally disabled people too? If a person with an IQ of 70 rapes someone, are they shielded as well?

That's a serious question, by they way. Not facetious.

I'm not sure. I mean what if it's released before they're able to make that determination? I really don't know.

Iowanian
07-23-2012, 09:28 AM
She s the victim and should be the one receiving the benefits of the system.

All sex offenders should be listed publicly anyway.

Mr. Laz
07-23-2012, 09:35 AM
A Kentucky girl who was sexually assaulted could face contempt of court charges after she tweeted the names of her juvenile attackers.

I approve this message /Joe Paterno

tooge
07-23-2012, 09:38 AM
Her name is plastered all over the articles, yet the attackers names aren't.

This exactly. Screw those kids. Plea or no plea, that girl did what I would have done, but yeah, she probably should have had another person do it. Hopefully they get their asses kicked daily for several years

RealSNR
07-23-2012, 09:40 AM
Rape is funny

ElGringo
07-23-2012, 09:48 AM
She s the victim and should be the one receiving the benefits of the system.

All sex offenders should be listed publicly anyway.

This was my other question, I remember reading some time ago that a 5 year old (not sure of the exact age, but he was incredibly young) had to register as a sex offender for kissing a girl on a school bus. Now, how would they protect these kids names if they register...or as part of the plea, they are not sex offenders, that would piss me off more.

Rasputin
07-23-2012, 09:54 AM
Good for her and that was brave. The thing is it should be used for preventive messures as well to help reduce the chance for rape. Juveniles can learn from there peers that what they did was wrong. If the courts arn't willing to punnish this type of crime to be effective deturent the people should have the right to make sure it doesn't happen to the next vectim.

rad
07-23-2012, 10:56 AM
Rape is funny

Only in 40 lb. boxes.

JD10367
07-23-2012, 11:10 AM
Saddest part is, before clicking on the link I knew what the "punchline" would be (that she's in trouble for it).

RealSNR
07-23-2012, 11:11 AM
Saddest part is, before clicking on the link I knew what the "punchline" would be (that she's in trouble for it).

She was asking for it

mnchiefsguy
07-23-2012, 12:20 PM

Since the girl is 17 and a minor herself, hopefully she can be legally "incompetent" and not go to jail.

BigMeatballDave
07-23-2012, 12:25 PM
Protect the guilty.

Screw the innocent.

I believe there may be a flaw in the system...

Dave Lane
07-23-2012, 12:26 PM

They are minors. Their records are sealed and are supposed to remain that way. What she did is illegal and wrong. Having said that I don't blame her.

BigMeatballDave
07-23-2012, 12:30 PM
They are minors. Their records are sealed and are supposed to remain that way. What she did is illegal and wrong. Haven't said that I don't blame her.

Its a fucked up system.

The criminals are being protected here. The court allowed it.

aturnis
07-23-2012, 12:39 PM
GOOD. FOR. HER.

vailpass
07-23-2012, 12:55 PM
GOOD. FOR. HER.

Yep. Fuck those punk ass kids who did that to her.

Frazod
07-23-2012, 01:05 PM
These little monsters should have been castrated, their identities plastered everywhere. The entire situation is absurd. :shake:

Extra Point
07-23-2012, 01:18 PM
These little monsters should have been castrated, their identities plastered everywhere. The entire situation is absurd. :shake:

For damn sure!

The Franchise
07-23-2012, 01:29 PM
Will Frey and Austin Zhender

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HTHWa60L8yk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Garcia Bronco
07-23-2012, 01:32 PM
That's funny because local judges and state laws cannot skirt the 1st Amendment. So you don't get to decide who says what after the trial is over.

mikey23545
07-23-2012, 01:34 PM
Hopefully they find two minor's bodies in a ditch tomorrow...

What do you think of that, Aries Walker?

Frazod
07-23-2012, 01:39 PM
Will Frey and Austin Zhender

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HTHWa60L8yk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nice.

And damn Trisha Herschberger is hot (and born in 1982, so also legal, thank God).

Chiefnj2
07-23-2012, 01:43 PM
The contempt motion has been withdrawn. Good for her.

mikey23545
07-23-2012, 01:49 PM
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/6520/1tilethumb.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/84/1tilethumb.jpg/)

Oops, I accidentally posted their pictures.

Setsuna
07-23-2012, 02:01 PM
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/6520/1tilethumb.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/84/1tilethumb.jpg/)

Oops, I accidentally posted their pictures.

Holy shit! They look like garbage. I wanna punt babies after witnessing that crap. Wow I'm filled with rage and I hope everyone is threatening them right now.

HemiEd
07-23-2012, 02:10 PM

It may be just a little more complicated than that, and I think that law varies from state to state.

Reerun_KC
07-23-2012, 02:17 PM
It may be just a little more complicated than that, and I think that law varies from state to state.

In Oklahoma, you have a right to defend your house if an intruder comes in...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4Z_2oU9B2o

vailpass
07-23-2012, 02:19 PM

House and yard are two different things but yeah.

HemiEd
07-23-2012, 02:19 PM

You have to feel your safety is threatened though, correct?

Garcia Bronco
07-23-2012, 02:25 PM

not in Colorado...if you are in my home uninvited...I am allowed to defend my home and the people in it. I am not going to dump 30 rounds though. If I can't get it done is two or 3...I might have a problem like Michael J Fox.

There is no "freeze" or "What are you doing here" and hopefully I put them in a situation where they won't be back to visit me ever again. That might be a life long limp or the ultimate price.

Reerun_KC
07-23-2012, 02:25 PM

Not if someone is entering your house without premission...

You can't kick my door in and expect me to offer coffee...

Home invasions in OK are on the rise. Poeple are shooting folks right and left down here...

Reerun_KC
07-23-2012, 02:26 PM
House and yard are two different things but yeah.

True, No one said anything about people in your yard... Why add that to the discussion?

Nzoner
07-23-2012, 02:28 PM

I figure if your uninvited ass is coming through my front door,window wtf ever you're not there to bring me a pizza.

BigRedChief
07-23-2012, 02:29 PM
That's funny because local judges and state laws cannot skirt the 1st Amendment. So you don't get to decide who says what after the trial is over.SCOTUS decided the 1st amendment rights doesnt apply to individuals using speech to direct physical harm to others.

But, a case could be made this isnt direct harm. She didnt threaten them or direct others to harm them.

Nzoner
07-23-2012, 02:30 PM
SCOTUS decided the 1st amendment rights doesnt apply to individuals using speech to direct physical harm to others.

But, a case could be made this isnt direct harm. She didnt threaten then or direct others to harm Will Frey and Austin Zhender

FYP for those who may not read the whole thread :thumb:

Garcia Bronco
07-23-2012, 02:34 PM
SCOTUS decided the 1st amendment rights doesnt apply to individuals using speech to direct physical harm to others.

But, a case could be made this isnt direct harm. She didnt threaten them or direct others to harm them.

Wouldn't that be assault? I would think you could argue that and I don't think she's done that. Further these kids should be on a sex offender list which I would consider public record. Personally I think rapists and pedo's should be branded on the forehead.

HemiEd
07-23-2012, 02:34 PM
Not if someone is entering your house without premission...

You can't kick my door in and expect me to offer coffee...

Home invasions in OK are on the rise. Poeple are shooting folks right and left down here...
Wow, I had no idea. We still leave our doors unlocked and the keys in the cars up here. :D
I figure if your uninvited ass is coming through my front door,window wtf ever you're not there to bring me a pizza.
A while back I remember a homeowner ending up with a heavy legal defense for shooting a robber that he surprised.
He couldn't prove he was in a life threatening situation, but that law may have changed now.

Reerun_KC
07-23-2012, 02:38 PM
Wow, I had no idea. We still leave our doors unlocked and the keys in the cars up here. :D

A while back I remember a homeowner ending up with a heavy legal defense for shooting a robber that he surprised.
He couldn't prove he was in a life threatening situation, but that law may have changed now.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/okla-woman-shoots-kills-intruder911-operators-shoot/story?id=15285605

BigRedChief
07-23-2012, 02:46 PM
Wouldn't that be assault? I would think you could argue that and I don't think she's done that. Further these kids should be on a sex offender list which I would consider public record. Personally I think rapists and pedo's should be branded on the forehead.yes, you could make a case that by just releasing their names, others not directed by her would use violence on the rapists. I'm not a laywer but I dont think the SCOTUS rulings went that far to restrict free speech. I think it has to be a direct threat.

Because if it was, wouldnt every city or state that publishes rapist lists be liabel?

In any case, what jury would convict her?

ElGringo
07-23-2012, 03:08 PM
Yeah, see that is what I thought, their name should be on the sex offender registry unless the plea deal made it a non-sexual assault...I googled sex offender registry minor and the first link was http://jonathanturley.org/2008/02/24/federal-law-compels-states-to-register-minors-on-sex-offender-registry/ many other sites agree, but this is the first I found. Really makes me wonder what plea deal they received to not have their names publicized.

HemiEd
07-23-2012, 03:20 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/US/okla-woman-shoots-kills-intruder911-operators-shoot/story?id=15285605

Wow, ugly story. The guy needed to be shot.

Pitt Gorilla
07-23-2012, 03:37 PM
Hopefully they find two minor's bodies in a ditch tomorrow...

What do you think of that, Aries Walker?I know death makes you feel better about yourself, but murdering children doesn't seem like a good solution to the problem. The case against the girl was absurd and has been withdrawn. Hopefully, she can go after them in civil court.

ElGringo
07-23-2012, 03:46 PM
2 questions for all the people talking about civil court on here. 1. How much money do you think these 2 minors actually have? 2. How much money would it take for you to get over being raped? I understand, civil suits are the way to go in the states today, but it really won't work here and doubt she would get any judgement that would actually help her feel better. I am glad she did what she did, but now just hope she can find the counseling and support to help her get her life back on track.

Frazod
07-23-2012, 04:06 PM
I know death makes you feel better about yourself, but murdering children doesn't seem like a good solution to the problem. The case against the girl was absurd and has been withdrawn. Hopefully, she can go after them in civil court.

What, are we running low on teenage rapists?

Mr. Laz
07-23-2012, 04:25 PM
Contempt motion dropped against Ky. teenager

By JANET CAPPIELLO and BRUCE SCHREINER
Associated Press

US Video

Advertisement

Buy AP Photo Reprints

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) -- A 17-year-old Kentucky girl who defied a court order by tweeting the names of two teenagers who pleaded guilty to sexually assaulting her won't face a contempt charge.

David Mejia (meh-HEE'-yah), an attorney for one of the accused boys, says the motion to hold 17-year-old Savannah Dietrich of Louisville in contempt was withdrawn Monday.

Mejia says the decision had nothing to do with public sentiment in the case, although an online petition campaign had garnered more than 62,000 signatures. He said there's no need for the motion now that Dietrich spread word about the case over the Internet.

Dietrich told The Courier-Journal she tweeted the names out of frustration with what she feels was a lenient deal for her attackers.

© 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Learn more about our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

vailpass
07-23-2012, 04:27 PM
Contempt motion dropped against Ky. teenager

By JANET CAPPIELLO and BRUCE SCHREINER
Associated Press

US Video

Advertisement

Buy AP Photo Reprints

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) -- A 17-year-old Kentucky girl who defied a court order by tweeting the names of two teenagers who pleaded guilty to sexually assaulting her won't face a contempt charge.

David Mejia (meh-HEE'-yah), an attorney for one of the accused boys, says the motion to hold 17-year-old Savannah Dietrich of Louisville in contempt was withdrawn Monday.

Mejia says the decision had nothing to do with public sentiment in the case, although an online petition campaign had garnered more than 62,000 signatures. He said there's no need for the motion now that Dietrich spread word about the case over the Internet.

Dietrich told The Courier-Journal she tweeted the names out of frustration with what she feels was a lenient deal for her attackers.

© 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Learn more about our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

"Mejia says the decision had nothing to do with public sentiment in the case, although an online petition campaign had garnered more than 62,000 signatures."

LMAO

RealSNR
07-23-2012, 05:10 PM
Holy shit! They look like garbage. I wanna punt babies after witnessing that crap. Wow I'm filled with rage and I hope everyone is threatening them right now.

I mean, I don't blame them though. They're ugly pussies. Women don't like that. So I mean, if you can't attract a woman, then how are you going to have sex with them? Your only option is to use force. And rape.

KCrockaholic
07-23-2012, 05:19 PM
They look like a couple pieces of ****ing shit. I have not ever seen two more punchable faces in my life. I'd dip my nuts in marinara sauce and choke them to death with a mouthful...

Too far...

Setsuna
07-23-2012, 05:28 PM
They look like a couple pieces of ****ing shit. I have not ever seen two more punchable faces in my life. I'd dip my nuts in marinara sauce and choke them to death with a mouthful...

Too far...

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL Nothing is too far!

vailpass
07-23-2012, 05:30 PM

Too far...

They look like a couple of average teenage boys, nothing wrong with how they look. It's what they did that has you feeling how you feel towards them.