Posted via Mobile Device

R8RFAN
07-24-2012, 07:03 PM
This will go over well
Posted via Mobile Device

That's why I posted it :D

Dartgod
07-24-2012, 07:03 PM
Few foods are as scrutinized as barbecue. Those who fancy themselves as barbecue connoisseurs, a.k.a. Q snobs, have distinct opinions about how it should be prepared, eaten and where the best barbecue comes from. While many have agreed that there are barbecue meccas across the country, there remains an endless debate over which cities are the best barbecue cities. If you know your way around a pit, or even know what a pit is for that matter, then you already know the cities by which all other barbecue is measured.

So we strayed from the herd. In compiling our list of the best places for barbecue, we decided the lesser known barbecue cities should be better known. We purposely avoided places that you'll find if you Google "best BBQ cities." We're serving up cities that you may not have considered or maybe not even heard of. After all, does the quest for the best barbecue ever end?

Dumbass Raiderfan is dumb.

DaFace
07-24-2012, 07:05 PM
Yeah...not even gonna bother. Even if you don't think KC deserves to be in there, it doesn't make much sense that Memphis isn't on there.

DaFace

Ah. That makes more sense.

R8RFAN
Yeah...not even gonna bother. Even if you don't think KC deserves to be in there, it doesn't make much sense that Memphis isn't on there.

Never ate either so I can't say....

beach tribe
07-24-2012, 07:07 PM
It's called southern bias.
We reckon ya'll ain't doin it good as we doin it no matter how ya'll doin it.
Anyone without southern bias has KC in the top 2 or they're FOS.

Jenson71
07-24-2012, 07:08 PM
"Top 10 underappreciated BBQ cities" might be a more appropriate title.

ChiefsCountry
07-24-2012, 07:10 PM
How in the hell is Springfield on here? The places were decent but not that great of Q can be found in Springvegas.

R8RFAN
07-24-2012, 07:10 PM
You boys saw where the Pit masters held the finals don't you?

Chiefs Pantalones
07-24-2012, 07:11 PM
I've had NC, Texas and KC BBQ. KC is the best, no question. But I'm biased. :)

philfree
07-24-2012, 07:23 PM
How in the hell is Springfield on here? The places were decent but not that great of Q can be found in Springvegas.

Top 10 Best BBQ Cities

6. Springfield, MO

Of all the Springfields in the United States – there are more than 30 – the one in Missouri shines in the barbecue scene. This city has 14 authentic barbecue restaurants including chains. Springfield is a melting pot of many barbecue styles, and that's what makes it a great place to try out different types of 'cue. It's located at the beginning or end of Route 66, depending on which way you're heading. Many cross-country travelers have stumbled upon Springfield's favorite barbecue joints.

Springfield hosts the Rock'n Ribs BBQ Festival each April. More than 60 teams have come to compete in this Kansas City Barbeque Society sanctioned event, which includes live music, a motorcycle show and children's area.

BBQ restaurant to resident ratio: 1:11,428

Crosstown BBQ: This small restaurant serves up remarkable 'cue. Three generations of the Williams family have run the place, passing on barbecue secrets that keep locals wanting more. Burnt ends are a popular order here.

Buckinghams Smokehouse BBQ: Best known for its pulled-pork sandwiches, Buckingham's has three locations in Springfield. They use oak and hickory to smoke large cuts of meat on a 14-foot-long smoker. Some meats stay in the pit for 30 hours.

Pappy's Place: A true dive that many customers consider an authentic barbecue joint, Pappy's offers hickory-smoked pork and occasional live music. Food portions are large, and beer is on tap.
---

14 BBQ places in Springfield. I'm not sure I can get 10.

Famous Daves, Bandanas, Whole Hog, Box Car, Rib Crib,,,,

Plus the three mentioned is eight. :hmmm:

Dartgod
07-24-2012, 07:29 PM
Relax people. You have been trolled.

Once again, from the article:

In compiling our list of the best places for barbecue, we decided the lesser known barbecue cities should be better known. We purposely avoided places that you'll find if you Google "best BBQ cities." We're serving up cities that you may not have considered or maybe not even heard of. After all, does the quest for the best barbecue ever end?

mr. tegu
07-24-2012, 07:33 PM

This.

Tombstone RJ
07-24-2012, 07:57 PM
Bethesda, MD, really?

BigRedChief
07-24-2012, 08:00 PM
Bethesda, MD, really?:facepalm:

Dave Lane
07-24-2012, 08:03 PM
I've had NC, Texas and KC BBQ. KC is the best, no question. But I'm biased. :)

I've had them all and its not even close. And no bias just facts

BigMeatballDave
07-24-2012, 08:59 PM
LMAO

What retard made this list?

BigMeatballDave
07-24-2012, 09:03 PM
You boys saw where the Pit masters held the finals don't you?

The biggest BBQ comp in the country is at the American Royal in KC, tardman.

Chiefs Pantalones
07-24-2012, 09:03 PM
I've had them all and its not even close. And no bias just facts

I was being nice :)

Reaper16
07-24-2012, 09:05 PM
Tuscaloosa is actually a tremendous barbecue city.

Bearcat
07-24-2012, 09:08 PM
Relax people. You have been trolled.

Once again, from the article:

By r8ers?!?! :eek:

buddha
07-24-2012, 09:11 PM
Crosstown BBQ in Springfield would go out of business in KC inside of a month. And that's the best one in Springfield.

gblowfish
07-24-2012, 09:15 PM
BS list from a BS Raider Fan Boy poster. Both equally worthless.

MOhillbilly
07-24-2012, 09:16 PM
Crosstown ain't bad. Pappys ain't so hot.

buddha
07-24-2012, 09:17 PM
Crosstown ain't bad...however, you get small portions. Very small.

It's not in the universe of even marginal KC BBQ.

Mr. Kotter
07-24-2012, 09:36 PM
"Livability"??? Seriously. Reeks of gay-Gay-GAY. Just sayin'. NTTAWWT, of course. :rolleyes:

"Top 10 underappreciated BBQ cities" might be a more appropriate title.

That's being generous; I'd say this is a damn-near bannable offense. At least...cut his nuts off with a rusty razor-blade.

R8RFAN
07-28-2012, 07:50 AM
Watch this video, it seems some of you guys don't respect the art of Lexington BBQ... Personally I would LOVE to eat KC BBQ ...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0DxZn-ySiyw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pasta Little Brioni
07-28-2012, 08:01 AM
You're not getting a BBQ av after the season

KCUnited
07-28-2012, 08:07 AM
Watch this video, it seems some of you guys don't respect the art of Lexington BBQ... Personally I would LOVE to eat KC BBQ ...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0DxZn-ySiyw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I personally love pork, but beef makes kings.

R8RFAN
07-28-2012, 08:10 AM
I personally love pork, but beef makes kings.

Oh I love the hell out of beef myself.... We are the King of Pork... I am not even trying to say we know beef...

R8RFAN
07-28-2012, 08:11 AM
You're not getting a BBQ av after the season

I will be able to choose any avy I want for you

KCUnited
07-28-2012, 08:13 AM
Oh I love the hell out of beef myself.... We are the King of Pork... I am not even trying to say we know beef...

I'm also leery of that many white people around a pit. /kidding(kind of)

NewChief
07-28-2012, 11:17 AM
Haven't read whole thread but title is misleading. It's actually lesser known BBQ cities. Article intro clearly gives nod to KC and Memphis and such.

Raiderhater
07-28-2012, 11:53 AM
I just moved from Tyler, TX. Top 10 bbq city my ass. I don't care how they chose to put the list together.

R8RFAN
07-28-2012, 11:56 AM
Haven't read whole thread but title is misleading. It's actually lesser known BBQ cities. Article intro clearly gives nod to KC and Memphis and such.

Not really.... Well call pork bbq here, not beef

MOhillbilly
07-28-2012, 12:06 PM

Fuck you.

Mama Hip Rockets
07-28-2012, 02:23 PM
Top 10 Best BBQ Cities

6. Springfield, MO

Of all the Springfields in the United States – there are more than 30 – the one in Missouri shines in the barbecue scene. This city has 14 authentic barbecue restaurants including chains. Springfield is a melting pot of many barbecue styles, and that's what makes it a great place to try out different types of 'cue. It's located at the beginning or end of Route 66, depending on which way you're heading. Many cross-country travelers have stumbled upon Springfield's favorite barbecue joints.

Springfield hosts the Rock'n Ribs BBQ Festival each April. More than 60 teams have come to compete in this Kansas City Barbeque Society sanctioned event, which includes live music, a motorcycle show and children's area.

BBQ restaurant to resident ratio: 1:11,428

Crosstown BBQ: This small restaurant serves up remarkable 'cue. Three generations of the Williams family have run the place, passing on barbecue secrets that keep locals wanting more. Burnt ends are a popular order here.

Buckinghams Smokehouse BBQ: Best known for its pulled-pork sandwiches, Buckingham's has three locations in Springfield. They use oak and hickory to smoke large cuts of meat on a 14-foot-long smoker. Some meats stay in the pit for 30 hours.

Pappy's Place: A true dive that many customers consider an authentic barbecue joint, Pappy's offers hickory-smoked pork and occasional live music. Food portions are large, and beer is on tap.
---

14 BBQ places in Springfield. I'm not sure I can get 10.

Famous Daves, Bandanas, Whole Hog, Box Car, Rib Crib,,,,

Plus the three mentioned is eight. :hmmm:

First and foremost, you are missing Rib Shack, which is by far the best in town. There's also St. George's, Oscar's, Enoch's, Billy Sims, and Dickey's.