PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Not yet late night bullshit: the team by era.

Direckshun
07-26-2012, 08:59 PM
I do this every year. We've got a new head coach now so this could prove to be a little interesting.

Romeo is purple.
Haley is red.
Herm is blue.
Vermeil is green.

Franchise Players

Matt Cassel
Jamaal Charles
Dwayne Bowe
Brandon Albert
Eric Winston
Glenn Dorsey
Tyson Jackson
Tamba Hali
Derrick Johnson
Brandon Flowers
Eric Berry

Key Contributors

Peyton Hillis
Dexter McCluster
Jonathan Baldwin
Steve Breaston
Tony Moeaki
Kevin Boss
Jon Asamoah
Ryan Lilja
Jeff Allen
Rodney Hudson
Dontari Poe
Allen Bailey
Justin Houston
Jovan Belcher
Stanford Routt
Javier Arenas
Kendrick Lewis
Ryan Succop
Dustin Colquitt

Role Players

Brady Quinn
Ricky Stanzi
Cyrus Gray
Terrance Copper
Devon Wylie
Tim Biere
Steve Maneri
Donald Stephenson
Tony Ugoh
David Mims
Darryl Harris
Amon Gordon
Jerrell Powe
Cameron Sheffield
Andy Studebaker
Brandon Siler
Jalil Brown
Travis Daniels
Abram Elam
DaQuan Menzie
Thomas Gafford

Fodder

Alex Tanney
Shaun Draughn
Nate Eachus
Shane Bannon
Taylor Gentry
Josh Bellamy
Jeremy Horne
Junior Hemingway
Zeke Markshausen
Jamar Newsome
Brandon Kinnie
Aaron Weaver
Jake O'Connell
Luke Patterson
Justin Cheadle
Rich Ranglin
Rob Bruggeman
Cam Holland
Anthony Toribio
Ropati Pitoitua
Brandon Bair
Jerome Long
Ethan Johnson
Gabe Miller
Dexter Heyman
Cory Greenwood
Caleb Campbell
Leon Williams
Jacques Reeves
Terrence Parks
Kyle McCarthy
Donald Washington
Mikail Baker
Neiko Thorpe
Tyson Hartman
Jean Fanor
Chandler Fenner
Dominique Ellis
Matt Szymanski

Chief_in_Commander
07-26-2012, 09:11 PM
Matt Castle under Franchise Players, stopped reading

IratePrimate
07-26-2012, 09:22 PM
Wow i didn't realize Derrick and Dustin are all that's left from Vermeil. Cool chart.:thumb:

kysirsoze
07-26-2012, 09:24 PM

LMAO

Hammock Parties
07-26-2012, 09:26 PM

:cuss:

Munson
07-26-2012, 09:31 PM

/thread

07-26-2012, 10:13 PM
Matt Castle should be yellow because he wasn't brought in by any of those coaches.

Hammock Parties
07-26-2012, 10:14 PM
Matt Castle should be yellow because he wasn't brought in by any of those coaches.

Also, yellow is the color of urine, and he pisses down his leg every Sunday!

07-26-2012, 10:15 PM

See, you got my reference. :thumb:

rocknrolla
07-26-2012, 10:16 PM
Shane Bannon. LOL!
Posted via Mobile Device

Otter
07-26-2012, 10:24 PM
I think Herm would make a great scout. Not exactly a bad way to make a living. As a head coach from what I've seem I'm unimpressed. He also seems to be doing pretty well as an ESPN commentator. I like the guy, hell, I liked Gunther too until he became a head coach. Pretty sure I'm not cut out for a lot of things as well, gotta find your niche.

Bump
07-26-2012, 10:47 PM
why dont you just list the players names under the coaches separately? too difficult to read

BossChief
07-26-2012, 10:52 PM
Wow i didn't realize Derrick and Dustin are all that's left from Vermeil. Cool chart.:thumb:

Its sick to think about.

Even worse is that we only have 4 players from before 2008.

Dustin
DJ
Hali
Bowe

CoMoChief
07-26-2012, 10:58 PM
Its sick to think about.

Even worse is that we only have 4 players from before 2008.

Dustin
DJ
Hali
Bowe

I'm glad we're over the "WTF is that?!?" days of DV's drafts.

Hammock Parties
07-26-2012, 11:00 PM
I'm glad we're over the "WTF is that?!?" days of DV's drafts.

The 2009 draft was worse than any of Dick's drafts.

2012 was pretty WTF for some of us.

BossChief
07-26-2012, 11:12 PM

2011 was pretty WTF for some of us.

Another masterpiece.

Dick had 4 drafts and right now, we only have 2 players from that whole time period... and one is a damn punter.

The 2011 draft was equal or greater than the 2008 draft.

DaneMcCloud
07-26-2012, 11:13 PM

No, it wasn't.

While the 2009 draft was absolutely abysmal at the time, the Chiefs at least acquired a couple of decent starters in Tyson Jackson and Ryan Succop. Both are continuing to mature and grow as players.

Contrast that to 2002: Ryan Sims, Eddie Freeman, Omar Easy, Scott Fujita and Maurice Rodriquez. Only Fujita was still in the league after four seasons and he's been a journeyman at best.

2001 was a fucking abortion, especially considering that Drew Brees could have been drafted at #12 overall instead of trading for Green, who only lasted five seasons. 2004 was saved by Jared Allen. Otherwise, it probably would have been the worst draft in franchise history.

And that's because you're fucking stupid

Hammock Parties
07-26-2012, 11:18 PM
Ryan Sims is still in the league.

It's also unfair to compare the 01 draft to any other draft, since our first pick was in the third round.

As for 2012, you're free to have your opinion, I'm free to have mine. We'll see how it shakes out.

DaneMcCloud
07-26-2012, 11:20 PM

It's also unfair to compare the 01 draft to any other draft, since our first pick was in the third round.

Unfair? LMAO

The Chiefs traded the #12 choice overall for a guy that played for five seasons and needed the greatest offensive line in the history of the league to stay upright.

How is that unfair?

And I don't think Ryan Sims could tackle you.

Hammock Parties
07-26-2012, 11:21 PM
Oh, did you want to include Trent Green in the draft?

Then I'll include Matt Cassel as part of the 09 draft.

Yep, 09 is a big sack of fail now.

Munson
07-26-2012, 11:22 PM
2009 was an epic fail of a draft, with or without Cassel.

DaneMcCloud
07-26-2012, 11:24 PM
Oh, did you want to include Trent Green in the draft?

Then I'll include Matt Cassel as part of the 09 draft.

Yep, 09 is a big sack of fail now.

No, it's not, despite my early misgivings.

In retrospect, the 2009 draft overall was lacking in quality depth and talent. And while I still feel that Pioli's handsome salary and infinite wisdom should have steered him in another direction with the #3 overall pick, the Chiefs, quite surprisingly, have more to show for their draft than many other teams.

And unfortunately, it's still better than the majority of Dick Vermeil drafts.

BossChief
07-26-2012, 11:26 PM

As for 2011, you're free to have your opinion, I'm free to have mine. We'll see how it shakes out.

We didn't pick till then because Dick chose to trade the picks for a 31 year old quarterback that already knew his system.

When you spend that much on a quarterback that old, anything less than an afc championship is a fail.

1 playoff appearance in 4 seasons?

Hmmm

Hammock Parties
07-26-2012, 11:28 PM

Hmmm

Pioli will get there, don't worry.

Only he won't get a 5th year.

DaneMcCloud
07-26-2012, 11:31 PM
Pioli will get there, don't worry.

Only he won't get a 5th year.

So, Clark Hunt is going to fire Scott Pioli after the 2012 season?

Hammock Parties
07-26-2012, 11:32 PM
So, Clark Hunt is going to fire Scott Pioli after the 2012 season?

If we have a losing record? Why not?

07-26-2012, 11:33 PM
We didn't pick till then because Dick chose to trade the picks for a 31 year old quarterback that already knew his system.

When you spend that much on a quarterback that old, anything less than an afc championship is a fail.

Hmmm

Keep in mind that was not Trent's fault. That was Dick completely ignoring our defense.

DaneMcCloud
07-26-2012, 11:36 PM
If we have a losing record? Why not?

You stated that Pioli would be without a job in KC after the 2012 season, now you want to add a qualifier? Okay, fine.

What makes you think that Clark Hunt would fire Scott Pioli one year after hiring a new head coach? I'm almost certain that Clark is drooling over that fact that Pioli has put together one of the youngest and finest rosters in the NFL, something that hasn't happened in decades.

So, tell us why Pioli will be fired if the Chiefs finish with a losing record?

Hammock Parties
07-26-2012, 11:37 PM
I can't believe Dane is optimistic about a team led by Romeo Crennel and Matt Cassel, against a schedule full of playoff contenders. In a year we play Peyton Manning and Philip Rivers twice each.

Someone neutered him. The old Dane would have laughed at the Romeo hire.

The biggest con of 2011 is Romeo being sold as a guy who's going to win us shit.

We'll all look back on this moment and think "WTF."

Hammock Parties
07-26-2012, 11:38 PM
So, tell us why Pioli will be fired if the Chiefs finish with a losing record?

Three losing seasons in four years seems like a lot of shit that needs to be flushed, no?

It's either offer a contract extension after this year, or fire his ass, is it not?

I've asked this question on two threads now: is there such a thing as a lame duck GM?

07-26-2012, 11:42 PM
Three losing seasons in four years seems like a lot of shit that needs to be flushed, no?

It's either offer a contract extension after this year, or fire his ass, is it not?

I've asked this question on two threads now: is there such a thing as a lame duck GM?

you can count on Clark offering the extension. Fortunately, of Pioli's 2 biggest mistakes, only one is left to be corrected. Clark isn't going to fire him based on that. We just have to hope that the other mistake gets corrected this year.

DaneMcCloud
07-26-2012, 11:42 PM
I can't believe Dane is optimistic about a team led by Romeo Crennel and Matt Cassel

Once again, you're moving the goalposts.

Please explain to us how and why Clark Hunt would fire Scott Pioli after the 2012 season, even IF the Chiefs were to end the season with a losing record.

Personally, I'm not buying it. He continues to add young talent to this team each offseason. He's drafted "bargains" like Asamoah, Moeaki, Lewis and Houston while hitting on higher draft choices like Berry, Hudson, Allen and possibly, Bailey. The team has a brighter future, personnel wise, than they have in decades.

To categorically state that Pioli will be fired following the 2012 season, especially with $5 million remaining on his contract, is a Fool's notion.

Hammock Parties
07-26-2012, 11:45 PM
See post #30.

What if we have a losing season AND he continues to hold onto Cassel?

Would that be enough to justify his firing in your mind?

DaneMcCloud
07-26-2012, 11:49 PM
See post #30.

What if we have a losing season AND he continues to hold onto Cassel?

Would that be enough to justify his firing in your mind?

What I think is irrelevant.

Clark Hunt will hear from people all over the league how Pioli has built a great roster. He will hear that there are several "Franchise QB's" available in the 2013 draft. He will look at his pocketbook and say "Fuck it. I'm not wasting $5 million dollars".

Pioli will return in 2013, regardless of whether or not you or I or anyone else approves.

Hammock Parties
07-26-2012, 11:51 PM
He dumped Haley a year early. :shrug:

I just don't see why he would tolerate a lack of winning, especially if Pioli hangs onto Cassel.

DaneMcCloud
07-26-2012, 11:55 PM
He dumped Haley a year early. :shrug:

I just don't see why he would tolerate a lack of winning, especially if Pioli hangs onto Cassel.

Todd Haley was not only a losing coach, he was media disaster that was causing harm to Hunt's "Brand Name". In addition, there were several rumors suggesting that Clark was unwilling to pay the remainder of Haley's contract due to said behavior (which, of course, shouldn't be surprising).

The Hunt Family endured 15 years without a playoff appearance. While they've had several playoff appearance since, they haven't experienced a playoff win in nearly 19 years.

Somehow, I get the feeling that Pioli will be around in 2013, regardless of the Chiefs record.

Hammock Parties
07-26-2012, 11:57 PM
They haven't experienced a playoff win in 19 years...so hold onto a guy who isn't producing them!

This makes sense.

Hammock Parties
07-26-2012, 11:59 PM
In addition, there were several rumors suggesting that Clark was unwilling to pay the remainder of Haley's contract due to said behavior (which, of course, shouldn't be surprising).

Yeah, but he paid him anyway. Because he got fired with a year left on his contract. Todd is still living high on Hunt money this year, baby!

That's kinda my point. He didn't mind firing Haley and paying him, so I don't see why he wouldn't fire Pioli and pay him, too.

DaneMcCloud
07-27-2012, 12:05 AM
That's kinda my point. He didn't mind firing Haley and paying him, so I don't see why he wouldn't fire Pioli and pay him, too.

I just don't buy it. Plus, what message does it send to a potential GM? That they have 4 years to reconstruct a roster and if it doesn't happen, they're fired? I think most guys would prefer job security. Eric Costa certainly did.

Rasputin
07-27-2012, 12:10 AM

I was am still thrilled about the 2011 draft. It's the 2012 draft I'm not excited about. I want to see more of the 2011 draftees get starting roles and plenty of playing time. I'd like that out of the 2012 draft but don't have that expectations out of them. I think there was a drop off in tallent for us in the 2012 draft. I'm saying 2011 > 2012 draft.

Hammock Parties
07-27-2012, 12:13 AM
I just don't buy it. Plus, what message does it send to a potential GM?

Win or GTFO?

Seems to be a good message to me.

07-27-2012, 12:42 AM
Win or GTFO?

So you want Clark to emulate Dan Snyder?

Hammock Parties
07-27-2012, 12:45 AM
So you want Clark to emulate Dan Snyder?

Snyder fires guys after two seasons, not four.

DaneMcCloud
07-27-2012, 12:51 AM
Snyder fires guys after two seasons, not four.

Then how do you explain Mike Shanahan?

DaneMcCloud
07-27-2012, 12:55 AM
Win or GTFO?

Yeah, because Pioli inherited a roster that was just a few players away from contending year in and year out.

:facepalm:

The Chiefs roster has been a patched work piece of shit since the 80's. The last time a coach walked into a Chiefs team loaded with this much talent was 1989. Ever since then, it's been short-sighted decision after short-sighted decision.

While I'm not enamored with the 2009 offseason, Pioli has done as well, or better, than any GM in the league in regards to building a squad from the ground floor. He's had a miscue here or there, but no one bats 1.000 in the NFL draft.

You're misguided if you think that Clark fires Pioli.

DaneMcCloud
07-27-2012, 12:56 AM
I was am still thrilled about the 2011 draft. It's the 2012 draft I'm not excited about. I want to see more of the 2011 draftees get starting roles and plenty of playing time. I'd like that out of the 2012 draft but don't have that expectations out of them. I think there was a drop off in tallent for us in the 2012 draft. I'm saying 2011 > 2012 draft.

:shake:

Hammock Parties
07-27-2012, 12:56 AM
Then how do you explain Mike Shanahan?

Snyder getting patient with age, perhaps.

I don't think firing a GM after four years, if there are no results, is out of line. I mean it's not like Romeo Crennel is some great head coach. We're basically looking for a new HC already since he's so old. It was a stupid hire, just more tree bullshit...surprised you haven't recognized it for what it is.

Rasputin
07-27-2012, 01:23 AM
:shake:

Why you shake your head? Baldwin, Hudson & Houston all have very good to outstanding upside. I think those guys are going be studs in the NFL for a long time. Also Stanzi & Powe I think will come along & be the bonus players of that draft. The 2012 draft was meh. I havn't got a good feel for any of them yet. I just need to see them play to get better idea what they can bring. Poe is a major project for a 11th pick in the first round.

mcaj22
07-27-2012, 02:13 AM
I'm glad you for whatever reason you put Dorsey (and Jackson, but thats another argument on its own) and Bowe as franchise players so it makes it even more pathetic when we lose both of them to FA next offseason and get nothing in return.

RealSNR
07-27-2012, 02:15 AM

2012 was pretty WTF for some of us.You just really need to fucking hold your dick when it comes to the 2011 draft.

Those guys were fucking rookies last year, and most of them play positions that aren't welcome as starters if there are solid veterans to take their places (offensive and defensive line, CB, QB, etc.)

The extent of the shit you throw at the 2011 draft is "we didn't see anything yet, and everybody is unproven."

Shit will happen for Christ's sake. Just wait a fucking year.

mcaj22
07-27-2012, 02:20 AM
whatever draft had the midget brothers was the only draft that sucked, besides our pick in the 5 hole because not even a monkey could have messed that up.

durtyrute
07-27-2012, 08:17 AM
I'm still rooting for Cory Greenwood

BossChief
07-27-2012, 09:54 AM
whatever draft had the midget brothers was the only draft that sucked, besides our pick in the 5 hole because not even a monkey could have messed that up.

Haha

Berry
Arenas
Moeaki
Lewis
Asamoah
McCluster

All major contributors except Sheffield who broke his neck.

Saying that was a bad draft is dumb as fuck

lcarus
07-27-2012, 10:12 AM

That's why he wears that yellow jersey in camp and practice. The defensive players see the color of piss and know immediately who the QB is and not to hit him.

DaneMcCloud
07-27-2012, 11:44 AM
Why you shake your head?

Why? Because you're absolutely clueless as to the level of talent that the 2012 Draft brought to this franchise. While there were no "glamor" selections, the Chiefs filled holes that desperately needed to be filled, and with quality players to boot.

At this point in time, I'll take Romeo's evaluation of defensive lineman over yours or basically, anyone's in the world. The guy has been able to get masterful performances from defensive linemen for decades. I trust that he knows more than you or just about anyone else on the planet about D-lineman.

Ryan Lilja shouldn't even see the field. Jeff Allen will be a major upgrade, although I doubt he sees the field until mid-season or an injury. The Chiefs interior line of Allen, Hudson and Asamoah should be very, very good for years to come and upgrading the interior line is something that should have been addressed in 2005. Finally!

Stephenson's a project but that's okay for a third rounder. He can work on technique, work in the weight room and sit behind Albert for a year. The Chiefs have six starting quality offensive linemen (although Lilja's hanging by a thread at this point) and that just isn't enough. Depth needed to be addressed and I'm glad it was addressed.

Wylie, Menzie and Gray should be significant contributors this season and Hemingway may be the sleeper of the Chiefs draft.

And finally, how can you possibly be disappointed when these guys haven't even stepped onto the field? Is that just a little over-dramatic?

lcarus
07-27-2012, 11:46 AM
A lot of our best players are from the Herm era. Who woulda thunk it back then?

DaneMcCloud
07-27-2012, 11:51 AM
A lot of our best players are from the Herm era. Who woulda thunk it back then?

Me.

The 2008 draft, in which Herm directed without interference from Peterson, was among the finest in Chiefs history. Flowers and Carr alone would have made for a great draft (and certainly the two best draft choices in a single year since 1996) but additions of Charles, Albert and Dorsey were to this point, invaluable selections.

Herm may have sucked on game day but he's good scout.

BossChief
07-27-2012, 12:10 PM
Nice to have another truly objective poster back in the mix.

Glad you came back, Dane.

lcarus
07-27-2012, 12:12 PM
Me.

The 2008 draft, in which Herm directed without interference from Peterson, was among the finest in Chiefs history. Flowers and Carr alone would have made for a great draft (and certainly the two best draft choices in a single year since 1996) but additions of Charles, Albert and Dorsey were to this point, invaluable selections.

That was a hell of a draft.

Titty Meat
07-27-2012, 12:17 PM
Nice to have another truly objective poster back in the mix.

Glad you came back, Dane.

That's funny in 2010 Dane didn't even want Romeo as the DC. I'll have to find the thread where him and I argued over the hiring.

BigMeatballDave
07-27-2012, 01:03 PM
That's funny in 2010 Dane didn't even want Romeo as the DC. I'll have to find the thread where him and I argued over the hiring.

LOL

The Dane butthurt is strong with this one.

BossChief
07-27-2012, 01:03 PM

That's funny, in 2010 you HATED Brandon Carr and now you act butthurt that we didnt spend over 10 million per year to keep him.

2 years is an eternity for the NFL.

Sofa King
07-27-2012, 01:07 PM
Me.

You got that right, brother!

Rasputin
07-27-2012, 01:31 PM
You got that right, brother!

Yo chico, Herm was no Mr. Perfecto at coaching, he could scout tho.

ModSocks
07-27-2012, 01:33 PM
Yo chico, Herm was no Mr. Perfecto at coaching, he could scout tho.

OOooh YEEEAaaah