PDA

View Full Version : Video Games gamefly?

cabletech94
07-27-2012, 09:24 PM
anyone use it on here?

searched in the media center, but couldn't really find anything groundbreaking.
i don't play too many games, but thought i might try it.
for those of you that have used / or currently use the service, tell me about it.

is it worthwhile? i think i like the thought of no late fees.
any problems with the service.
right now i've got a wii, and possibly a ps3 (or 4) in the near future.

thanks in advance and my bad if a repost.

QuikSsurfer
07-27-2012, 09:25 PM
No

Skyy God
07-27-2012, 09:32 PM
No

This

Johnny Vegas
07-27-2012, 09:40 PM
I had it for about 6 months then ditched it. I got to play the games I wanted to for the most part. My issue was the wait on others to return games that were just released. I have a 360 and a PS3 and it made it very convenient to play games that were exclusive for the system. I had the 2 game deal, and I thought it was perfect because when I got sick of one game I'd switch it out for the other.

Bump
07-27-2012, 10:17 PM
It's good if you use it for 1 month on one game and finish the game before you send it back and then cancel and play the game for less than 10 bucks.

ZootedGranny
07-27-2012, 10:41 PM
You kinda have to work the system to get the most out of the service, as there's an availability curve.

Old back catalog games are usually in stock and available within a week, whereas popular releases within the past 2 or 3 months are hard to come by.

I use it primarily to rent new release games. My queue is full of yet to be released games, and as long as I send back my current game prior to their release, I'll get games as they drop. As an example, I'm renting NCAA right now, and the next game in my queue is Darksiders 2, which releases 8/14. I'll make sure I send back NCAA around the 10th, and I'll get Darksiders upon release.

Also, as you accrue time as a member, you'll get reward bucks quarterly and discounts towards games. You're always given the option to keep the game you're renting, and it's usually at a price lower than retail. Should you buy the game, they send you what's essentially an untouched case, with promo/online pass codes still intact.

But again, if you're wanting to play something relatively new, you might have to wait a week or two before they send it out.

Quesadilla Joe
07-27-2012, 11:37 PM
I have used it off and on for the past couple years. I wait until there are 5 or 6 games out that I want to play before starting my subscription and then cancel my subscription after I play them and then wait until more games come out.

If you want new releases you have to make sure that you have no other games in your GameQ, if you don't they will just keep sending you older games and it will take awhile before they ship the newly released game.

ForeverChiefs58
07-28-2012, 08:41 AM
I use it for my kids, and as a parent, I love it. No more $60 games that they finish in a week and don't play again.

Get a game, play as much as you want, send back for a different game as many times as you want. If they love it and want to keep it, they can buy it for a great price.

They have two distribution centers not far from me, so when they send it I usually get it the very next day.

Yes, new releases usually do have a low availability, but the service itself I am very happy with and recommend.

You can explore their website gamefly.com for different costs, it varies for how many games you want at a time. Hope this helps.

TLO
07-28-2012, 08:45 AM
As far as service goes I have never had an issue with them. ZootedGranny pretty much stole my thunder for the rest. Overall not a bad way to play games.

DJJasonp
07-28-2012, 08:47 AM
Its a pretty good service (and you can pick up used games pretty cheap....and with no shipping costs sometimes).

That said, I switched over to blockbuster.....with BB, you can rent games and movies for the same price.

I can have 3 out at a time....any combination (2 movies, 1 game, or vice-versa....you get the idea).

That 3 out at a time is 18-20 bucks I think.

The only down-side to BB is that you dont get online streaming like you do for Netflix.

BUT - I'm a audio/video phile........and I prefer watching movies in the best picture/quality, so I only stream documentaries and such that I dont care about the pic/sound so much.