PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Knee injury suffered by DB Kyle McCarthy yesterday "doesn't look good"

ShowtimeSBMVP
07-29-2012, 10:59 AM
Josh Looney ‏@JoshLooney

Knee injury suffered by DB Kyle McCarthy yesterday "doesn't look good" according to Coach Crennel #ChiefsCamp

ShowtimeSBMVP
07-29-2012, 11:00 AM
Jim Leonhard time.

In58men
07-29-2012, 11:01 AM
ACL again?

Here we goooooo

OnTheWarpath15
07-29-2012, 11:03 AM
Jim Leonhard time.

Leonhard must not be healthy. He's too solid a player to still be a FA.

ShowtimeSBMVP
07-29-2012, 11:03 AM
Leonard must not be healthy. He's too solid a player to still be a FA.

Jets won’t be re-signing Jim Leonhard
Posted by Evan Silva on July 19, 2012, 7:35 AM EDT
Jim Leonhard Pic Getty Images

Free agent safety Jim Leonhard recently declared himself recovered from last year’s torn right patellar tendon, and is ready to work out for NFL teams. But his days as a New York Jet are over.

League sources told ESPN New York’s Rich Cimini that Leonhard “won’t be back with the team,” which is moving forward with Yeremiah Bell, LaRon Landry, and Eric Smith at safety. Leonhard spent the past three seasons with New York, following Rex Ryan over from Baltimore.

Just from a dot-connecting standpoint, the Indianapolis Colts make sense as a potential suitor for Leonhard. New head coach Chuck Pagano was Leonhard’s position coach in 2008.

Indianapolis’ projected starting safeties are Antoine Bethea and Tom Zbikowski.

Leonhard can also return punts.

DTLB58
07-29-2012, 11:05 AM
Jim Leonhard time.

Just what we need another injury at the S position. :cuss:

Yea, why haven't they brought in Jim?

DTLB58
07-29-2012, 11:09 AM
Leonard must not be healthy. He's too solid a player to still be a FA.

Plus him and Ryan were pretty tight. I'd say that's telling his career might be done if Rex has given up on him.

OnTheWarpath15
07-29-2012, 11:09 AM
Jets won’t be re-signing Jim Leonhard
Posted by Evan Silva on July 19, 2012, 7:35 AM EDT
Jim Leonhard Pic Getty Images

Free agent safety Jim Leonhard recently declared himself recovered from last year’s torn right patellar tendon, and is ready to work out for NFL teams. But his days as a New York Jet are over.

League sources told ESPN New York’s Rich Cimini that Leonhard “won’t be back with the team,” which is moving forward with Yeremiah Bell, LaRon Landry, and Eric Smith at safety. Leonhard spent the past three seasons with New York, following Rex Ryan over from Baltimore.

Just from a dot-connecting standpoint, the Indianapolis Colts make sense as a potential suitor for Leonhard. New head coach Chuck Pagano was Leonhard’s position coach in 2008.

Indianapolis’ projected starting safeties are Antoine Bethea and Tom Zbikowski.

Leonhard can also return punts.

Wow. Shocked someone hasn't scooped him up yet.

Titty Meat
07-29-2012, 11:18 AM
Leonhards suffered 2 knee injuries the last 2 seasons the last one vs the chiefs last Dec. I bet he's slower than McCraw now.

philfree
07-29-2012, 11:22 AM
It sucks for him but we have 19 DBs on the roster so we'll probably make out o.k.

mcaj22
07-29-2012, 11:23 AM
jim leonhard is a waste of time. he's just the only name left that anyone feels safe about thats out there. but hes awful now. quit hanging on his one decent season with a stacked Ravens defense 6 years ago

notorious
07-29-2012, 11:45 AM
It sucks for him but we have 19 DBs on the roster so we'll probably make out o.k.

This.

Messier
07-29-2012, 11:47 AM
If the injuries stay confined to backups and roll players...not great but okay.

mikey23545
07-29-2012, 12:00 PM
Josh Looney ‏@JoshLooney

Knee injury suffered by DB Kyle McCarthy yesterday "doesn't look good" according to Coach Crennel #ChiefsCamp

Why is everybody talking about this scrub's injury?

I've never even heard the name.

BoneKrusher
07-29-2012, 12:04 PM
jim leonhard is a waste of time. he's just the only name left that anyone feels safe about thats out there. but hes awful now. quit hanging on his one decent season with a stacked Ravens defense 6 years ago

awesome avatar man.:D

BossChief
07-29-2012, 12:22 PM
I'd rather roll with Menzie and the kid from Auburn (that even though I drafted him, I have a hard time remembering his name) anyway.

McCarthy didn't exactly inspire confidence, anyway.

I'd be shocked if Leonard is healthy by now.

milkman
07-29-2012, 03:32 PM

Leonhard had a damn good season with the Jets his first season.

He has suffered injuries in each of the last two season, and his play had declined from '09 already, but he did have more than one decent season with the Ravens.

milkman
07-29-2012, 03:33 PM
I hope McCarthy is alright, but I didn't think he anything more than a camp body to begin with.