PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Cassel takes a shot at Haley

Hammock Parties
07-30-2012, 10:52 PM
27:50 mark:

http://www.610sports.com/topic/play_window.php?audioType=Episode&audioId=5963117

"The offseason, having Daboll, and working with Baldwin after practice, what did that mean for you in particular?

CASSEL: "I think it's great. I think it's the first time that I've been here over the last four years that we've had one voice in the offensive room, which is coach Daboll. It's helpful, because when you hear one voice and you understand what he's thinking and how he wants something read or how he wants to conceptualize something against a certain defense."

"We're on the same page and there's no second guessing, there's no 'Oh, I thought this.' That's good for me because moving forward we can create some consistency."

Dante84
07-30-2012, 10:58 PM
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

so that's why you suck goat schlong?

BossChief
07-30-2012, 11:03 PM
That 6 game opening stretch is either gonna be the death sentence for this bitch...or the span where he truly proves himself against good teams.

It's a win win for us as Chief fans.

Shogun
07-30-2012, 11:03 PM
Ill give him the benefit of the doubt. hes gonna have to deal with 1 guy this year instead of insane todd haley. but expectations arent high

Phobia
07-30-2012, 11:07 PM
I truly hope Cassel jerseys fetch full retail price in December of this year. That would be a very good sign for this franchise.

Tribal Warfare
07-30-2012, 11:07 PM
of course Cassel has also said this is a new system and he feels like he's going into this like a rookie.

L.A. Chieffan
07-30-2012, 11:15 PM
validation

07-30-2012, 11:19 PM
validation

LMAO

mr. tegu
07-30-2012, 11:25 PM
Last season before every play:
Zorn-"I think we should do a screen to McCluster."
Haley-"I don't care what you think! You are just supposed fix the QB!"
Zorn-"then wtf do I have a headset to talk with you and listen in on play calls?"
Haley-"shut up shithead!"
Zorn-"QB throw the screen!"
Haley-"don't you dare! I want the out pattern to Pope."
Muir-"I think we should pound the ball up the middle with McCluster."
Haley and Zorn-"shut up Muir! What are you doing awake anyways?"
Cassel/QB-"hey morons there's 5 seconds left on the play clock!"
Haley-"oh shit don't worry about reading the presnap defense. Just hike the ball and throw it in Bowe's direction!"

In short, it can only get better for Cassel.

themanwithnoname
07-30-2012, 11:27 PM
That 6 game opening stretch is either gonna be the death sentence for this bitch...or the span where he truly proves himself against good teams.

Or the span where he proves he's still mediocre but because of a solid defense and Jamaal Charles and a pretty great setup around him on the offense the W-L is in the Chiefs favor.

Cornstock
07-30-2012, 11:38 PM
Is Cassel talking about Haley's split-personality bi-polar disorder or Muir, Haley, and Zorn all trying to call plays?

Planetman
07-30-2012, 11:41 PM
With Haley gone, Cassel can slip on a pair of K Swiss and take us to the promise land. NSFW and probably Q but I don't care. Come at me, bro. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVcQi8oCgcY

the Talking Can
07-31-2012, 02:54 AM
cassel is never responsible

mcaj22
07-31-2012, 03:23 AM
is this going to be his excuse so his job is safe for next season? that it's like its his first actual real year and he needs more time with a consistent OC blah blah blah crap

Coach
07-31-2012, 03:54 AM
Cassel has always been terrible and will continue to be terrible.

Hey, Matt!

NSFW (profanity)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/SwedeCarlson/Funnies/Gifs/mfwgrandtorino_605fcfa7dbea5fe8ec3785c4f79d3e54.gif

DTLB58
07-31-2012, 04:19 AM
Is Cassel talking about Haley's split-personality bi-polar disorder or Muir, Haley, and Zorn all trying to call plays?

I vote for the second. That had to be a nightmare.

Speaking of, we haven't heard much out of or about Zorn lately. And if he isn't speaking out in the meeting rooms and just coaching on QB technique and has zero input on the game plan and scheme that's perfect IMO. :thumb:

That's what a QB coach should do. Maybe Crennel/Daboll straightened something out there.

BoneKrusher
07-31-2012, 05:37 AM

yep, because he says he's right there with Manning and Rivers in this division.

Marcellus
07-31-2012, 06:12 AM
Some of you guys must get whiplash changing directions so fast all the time.

No matter what Cassel says, he is wrong, no matter what anyone says Haley was the issue.

HemiEd
07-31-2012, 06:43 AM

He graded out perfect

Direckshun
07-31-2012, 06:46 AM

He'll go 3-3, throwing for 55% and 4 TDs and 4 INTs.

Just good enough to keep him afloat.

That's the Matt Cassel way.

suds79
07-31-2012, 06:52 AM
I can completely understand where Matt's coming from. It's a valid point.

Thing is though with all the coaching in the world won't change the fact that Matt just isn't very good. Doesn't have the tool set.

BoneKrusher
07-31-2012, 06:53 AM
I can completely understand where Matt's coming from. It's a valid point.

Thing is though with all the coaching in the world won't change the fact that Matt just isn't very good. Doesn't have the tool set.

yeah Matt's got peanut butter fingers:
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6r803LEJU1qzkbcq.gif

petegz28
07-31-2012, 07:02 AM
It's a completly valid point. Anyone who has ever worked in a scenario where the boss's boss kept undermining or second guessing the boss knows this to be true. Phisherman, Wutamess and I actually worked for a lady who was our boss's boss and she actually told our boss we were doing too good of a job and it made it looke like we were fudging the numbers. Yeah, I can relate to what Cassel is saying here.

Ace Gunner
07-31-2012, 07:03 AM
Cassel might become less confused off the field, but on the field, heh. We shall see if it's still Haley's fault. Idiots.

dirk digler
07-31-2012, 07:04 AM
That is good and all but that isn't going to help him throw a pass over 5 yards accurately.

Reerun_KC
07-31-2012, 07:04 AM
Didnt take long to see everyone start coming back to Haleys defense...

petegz28
07-31-2012, 07:08 AM
Didnt take long to see everyone start coming back to Haleys defense...

Come on now, Haley was totally hands off when it came to the offense! :thumb:

Steron
07-31-2012, 07:12 AM
Like some have already said, Cassel has the heart and the toughness to play QB at an NFL level, just not the physical tools. I don't think it matters who the coach is, you can't fix lack of ability.

the Talking Can
07-31-2012, 07:12 AM
Cassel should be blaming Pioli...Pioli has failed to provide any stability for this franchise through his shitty coaching hires...

but pioli gave him $60 mill for nothing, so that ain't happening...

Reerun_KC
07-31-2012, 07:14 AM
Cassel should be blaming Pioli...Pioli has failed to provide any stability for this franchise through his shitty coaching hires...

but pioli gave him $60 mill for nothing, so that ain't happening...

You give me $60 and you could do whatever you wanted... I wouldnt give a flying F...

Reerun_KC
07-31-2012, 07:15 AM
Come on now, Haley was totally hands off when it came to the offense! :thumb:

Just ironic how Haley was ran out with Pitch Forks and Mullets. Then the instant Cassel says something. Haley is instantly aquited...

Chiefnj2
07-31-2012, 07:17 AM
Cassel, Sanchez, Freeman - it didn't matter who the QB was that was taken to lead the Chiefs in '09. None of them would have done well with the revolving door of OC's and Haley's micromanagement.

The big problem is that Pioli/Hunt/Crennel still think Cassel has it. This should be the year KC tries with someone new. Oh well.

CoMoChief
07-31-2012, 07:18 AM
I think Haley's ego was just too big. He road Fitzgerald and Warner's back to a SB and he thought all of a sudden he was some offensive guru, always had to have his hand in the cookie jar on offense.

petegz28
07-31-2012, 07:19 AM
Just ironic how Haley was ran out with Pitch Forks and Mullets. Then the instant Cassel says something. Haley is instantly aquited...

Well I have been saying since Haley left that I will be very interested to see Cassel and the offense as a whole post-Haley. I expect improvement in all the little areas that killed us over the last few years along with the one huge thing which was consistency. I am not saying it is going to make Cassel throw the ball better but if he is more comfortable then that can make a huge difference. The offense as a whole will play much better if they aren't constantly walking on eggshells.

jspchief
07-31-2012, 07:24 AM
Didnt take long to see everyone start coming back to Haleys defense...Really? I don't see a single post "coming to Haley's defense".

dirk digler
07-31-2012, 07:27 AM
Well I have been saying since Haley left that I will be very interested to see Cassel and the offense as a whole post-Haley. I expect improvement in all the little areas that killed us over the last few years along with the one huge thing which was consistency. I am not saying it is going to make Cassel throw the ball better but if he is more comfortable then that can make a huge difference. The offense as a whole will play much better if they aren't constantly walking on eggshells.

I would agree with you except they brought in the only person willing to work here in Daboll. His offenses in the past have been spectacular.

Dave Lane
07-31-2012, 07:28 AM

Well at least he only throws former coaches and players under the bus. Because no QB like Joe Montana ever dealt with an offensive minded head coach and a Offensive Coordinator.

****ing putz.

petegz28
07-31-2012, 07:28 AM
I would agree with you except they brought in the only person willing to work here in Daboll. His offenses in the past have been spectacular.

I didn't think he did too bad in Miami given what he had to work with. Al Saunders kicked ass here with a certain staff and players. How did he do in Washington and Oakland?

petegz28
07-31-2012, 07:29 AM
Well at least he only throws former coaches and players under the bus. Because no QB like Joe Montana ever dealt with an offensive minded head coach and a Offensive Coordinator.

****ing putz.

You did not just put Haley on the same level as th 49'rs coaching staffs?

Dave Lane

I hope that last sentence is sarcasm.

Predarat
casshole needs to shut his whore mouth.

Dave Lane
07-31-2012, 07:30 AM
You did not just put Haley on the same level as th 49'rs coaching staffs?

Haley is closer to Walsh than Cassel is to Montana so take your pick.

bricks
07-31-2012, 07:35 AM
Cassel, Sanchez, Freeman - it didn't matter who the QB was that was taken to lead the Chiefs in '09. None of them would have done well with the revolving door of OC's and Haley's micromanagement.

The big problem is that Pioli/Hunt/Crennel still think Cassel has it. This should be the year KC tries with someone new. Oh well.

Agreed. Well said.

dirk digler
07-31-2012, 07:36 AM
I didn't think he did too bad in Miami given what he had to work with. Al Saunders kicked ass here with a certain staff and players. How did he do in Washington and Oakland?

Saunders had a reputation as being a good offensive mind I don't think I have heard that about Daboll.

dirk digler
07-31-2012, 07:37 AM
I hope that last sentence is sarcasm.

it was..spectacularly bad.

tredadda
07-31-2012, 07:38 AM
While play calling might not have helped it has nothing to do with him over throwing or under throwing receivers. It also has nothing to do with him not seeing the open man or throwing INTs at the line of scrimmage. He has everything you want in a QB except talent. If he were the punter or something we could overlook some of his flaws, as the QB which is the most important position on the field, his lack of talent is holding this team back. Heck this team is so talented we almost made the playoffs last year in spite of our QB.

Ace Gunner
07-31-2012, 07:40 AM

****ing putz.

Ya, and HC Don Coryell with OC Joe Gibbs must have really confused the shit out of Dan Fouts.

petegz28
07-31-2012, 07:46 AM
Ya, and HC Don Coryell with OC Joe Gibbs must have really confused the shit out of Dan Fouts.

I think some of you are over-simplifying the issue. It's not about having 2 offensive minded coaches but how the head coach manages that situation. Haley did a terrible job of managing that situation as evidenced by 3 consecutive years of confusion and inconsistency by him. Granted he had 1 decent year when he had an OC that basically told him to fuck off. Other than that Haley did nothing to show he could be an effective manager when it came to working with the other offensive coaches.

Hammock Parties
07-31-2012, 07:49 AM
I wonder if Haley was more of a dick to Cassel against good teams.

jspchief
07-31-2012, 07:51 AM
I think some of you are over-simplifying the issue. It's not about having 2 offensive minded coaches but how the head coach manages that situation. Haley did a terrible job of managing that situation as evidenced by 3 consecutive years of confusion and inconsistency by him. Granted he had 1 decent year when he had an OC that basically told him to **** off. Other than that Haley did nothing to show he could be an effective manager when it came to working with the other offensive coaches.I have no doubt that Haley fucked up a lot of things in KC. What I doubt is that it's the explanation for Mark Castle sucking.

Shox
07-31-2012, 07:52 AM
Well Matt show something then. Here's hoping Matt makes us all eat crow.

....I don't think we have to worry about what sauce goes best with crow.

petegz28
07-31-2012, 07:56 AM
I wonder if Haley was more of a dick to Cassel against good teams.

I think Haley just produced an bad environent overall. Not just on gameday but throughout the week. We have heard from several players talking about Haley constantly yelling at and arguing with other coaches. While it may not have been directly aimed at the players it still creates an uneasy environment. It creates a tension that carries down. It happens in all aspects of a work environment, not just sports. I just left one of those where the head boss was constantly breaking his own rules he would rail others for not following, doing stuff behind people's backs and not telling them and above all asking for the impossible and thus putting stress and pressure on his direct reports which in turn took it out on their direct reports and so on. It was a classic scenario of bad managment from the top. It caused everyone one at the worker level to be overly-stressed, over-worked and created general level or moral that was bad. The results were people making constant mistakes, constant arguing, us vs. them and was overall bad. I was let go from that place because despite working 60-70 hours a week every week I was not able to build the plane in mid-flight. I think Haley falls into this category. We shall see.

petegz28
07-31-2012, 07:57 AM
I have no doubt that Haley ****ed up a lot of things in KC. What I doubt is that it's the explanation for Mark Castle sucking.

I don't think Matt will become Brady but I do think there will be improvment simply due to a better environment. At least that's my hope.

Hammock Parties
07-31-2012, 07:59 AM
It's hard for Matt to grade out perfectly with Haley being a douche.

qabbaan
07-31-2012, 08:05 AM
Haley should probably take a shot at Cassel for getting him canned

tredadda
07-31-2012, 08:06 AM

I think Palko had more to do with that than Cassel.

dirk digler
07-31-2012, 08:06 AM
I don't think Matt will become Brady but I do think there will be improvment simply due to a better environment. At least that's my hope.

I think you are going to be disappointed.

tredadda
07-31-2012, 08:08 AM

He can't improve on his lack of talent, especially at his age. He has all but peaked. A good OC might be able to mask his flaws, but his flaws will still be there. While all QBs have flaws, his are big enough to hurt this team.

loochy
07-31-2012, 09:05 AM
I'm beginning to see why it's so hard to not like Matt Cassel

Radar Chief
07-31-2012, 09:11 AM
He can't improve on his lack of talent, especially at his age. He has all but peaked. A good OC might be able to mask his flaws, but his flaws will still be there. While all QBs have flaws, his are big enough to hurt this team.

Exactly what Weiss did.

Radar Chief
07-31-2012, 09:14 AM

What’s he going to say, Cassel sucks?
Besides Haley’s mouth is what got him canned. I must admit though, it’s been a couple of decades since I’ve seen a head coach draw the personal foul penalty.

Sofa King
07-31-2012, 09:14 AM
I'm beginning to see why it's so hard to not like Matt Cassel

CLOTHESLINE!

Rausch
07-31-2012, 09:15 AM
Exactly what Weiss did.

And Chan did with craptastic QB's before him...

-King-
07-31-2012, 09:18 AM

He started Palko. His fault. Glad that pussy is gone.
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud
07-31-2012, 09:45 AM
It's a completly valid point. Anyone who has ever worked in a scenario where the boss's boss kept undermining or second guessing the boss knows this to be true. Phisherman, Wutamess and I actually worked for a lady who was our boss's boss and she actually told our boss we were doing too good of a job and it made it looke like we were fudging the numbers. Yeah, I can relate to what Cassel is saying here.

I can "relate" to what Cassel is saying but the bottom line is that he was expected to execute those plays, regardless of who was calling them and when.

Did he?

petegz28
07-31-2012, 09:50 AM
I can "relate" to what Cassel is saying but the bottom line is that he was expected to execute those plays, regardless of who was calling them and when.

Did he?

Not enough. Still though, I think the surrounding circumstances didn't help. I can remember us having a shitload of dropped balls as well.

DaneMcCloud
07-31-2012, 09:53 AM
Not enough. Still though, I think the surrounding circumstances didn't help. I can remember us having a shitload of dropped balls as well.

ROFL

lcarus
07-31-2012, 09:54 AM
What’s he going to say, Cassel sucks?
Besides Haley’s mouth is what got him canned. I must admit though, it’s been a couple of decades since I’ve seen a head coach draw the personal foul penalty.

Haley was at least entertaining. Can't deny that.

DaneMcCloud
07-31-2012, 09:55 AM
Haley was at least entertaining. Can't deny that.

Entertaining? I thought he was an embarrassment.

Hammock Parties
07-31-2012, 09:56 AM

What did he embarrass? A proud franchise that hasn't won shit in 20 years?

Frosty
07-31-2012, 10:00 AM
What did he embarrass? A proud franchise that hasn't won shit in over 40 years?

FYP

Messier
07-31-2012, 10:10 AM
Haley had lost the team by the end, I don't think he was respected anymore by the players.

saphojunkie
07-31-2012, 10:14 AM
Look, it's still on Cassel to perform, and he has glaring deficiencies.

Having said that, I think Haley's inability to function as a coach most likely exacerbated Cassel's weaknesses. When you aren't as good, you have to minimize your weakness and maximize your strength.

Cassel's weakness is going through reads and accuracy on the deep ball.

Step one is having a consistent voice in the coaches' room where he really can focus on learning the reads without multiple cooks taking a swipe at the recipe.

Step two is getting the play in with enough time for him to read the defense at the line of scrimmage.

Step three is not having Leonard Pope and Dexter McCluster as the workhorses of your offense.

If Cassel is going to win, he is going to need all the help he can get from the coaching staff. He still has to throw the ball well, though. Otherwise it all means jack shit.

lcarus
07-31-2012, 10:15 AM

Yeah that's why it was entertaining

saphojunkie
07-31-2012, 10:16 AM

http://i44.tinypic.com/e624vo.gif

doomy3
07-31-2012, 10:18 AM
Cassel sucks. But anyone who thinks Haley helped things with his antics is crazy.

petegz28
07-31-2012, 10:19 AM
Cassel sucks. But anyone who thinks Haley helped things with his antics is crazy.

You mean cussing out players and coaches on the sidelines isn't productive?

DaneMcCloud
07-31-2012, 10:28 AM

Exactly. While it's difficult to quantify how Haley's antics negatively affected Cassel's play, the bottom line is that Cassel either makes the throws or he doesn't. He has happy feet and takes phantom sacks or he doesn't.

I seem to have a higher opinion of Daboll than most of the members of Chiefsplanet so Haley's subtraction and Daboll's addition could prove put Cassel in the middle of the pack this year.

Or not. :D

doomy3
07-31-2012, 10:29 AM

You know, it probably can be productive, but after a while it certainly becomes counterproductive. I said that multiple times last year. You don't want a QB to feel like his coach isn't in his corner or someone who is second guessing himself on every read on every play. Haley in no way helped Cassel out. Much of playing QB in the NFL is confidence. I'm sure it won't help Cassel's accuracy and reads because he likely lacks the ability to play at a high level, but you never know. A tentative QB without confidence is going to be pretty damn inaccurate and slow to make decisions.

saphojunkie
07-31-2012, 10:29 AM
Exactly. While it's difficult to quantify how Haley's antics negatively affected Cassel's play, the bottom line is that Cassel either makes the throws or he doesn't. He has happy feet and takes phantom sacks or he doesn't.

I seem to have a higher opinion of Daboll than most of the members of Chiefsplanet so Haley's subtraction and Daboll's addition could prove put Cassel in the middle of the pack this year.

Or not. :D

I think it's absolutely addition by subtraction.

DaneMcCloud
07-31-2012, 10:30 AM

You know, contrary to my Chiefsplanet persona, my experience is that the better and more kind that you treat people, even when they make mistakes, the more respect you will earn.

Yelling and screaming at someone repeatedly only causes resentment, at least in my experience.

Chiefnj2
07-31-2012, 10:31 AM
Way too many instance of Cassel looking to the sidelines waiting for plays to be called and then having to rush to the line. Cassel needs as much management as humanly possible, and the triumvirate play calling certainly didn't help.

Chiefnj2
07-31-2012, 10:31 AM
You know, contrary to my Chiefsplanet persona, my experience is that the better and more kind that you treat people, even when they make mistakes, the more respect you will earn.

Yelling and screaming at someone repeatedly only causes resentment, at least in my experience.

It looks like Daboll learned that lesson with McCoy.

petegz28
07-31-2012, 10:34 AM

I totally agree. I like the Marty approach. He knew when to grab a player by the facemask. And when he did it you listened because he wasn't doing it every time something went wrong. so to your point, treat people kind and support them so when the time comes that you do have to yell it sinks in instead of just being taken as yet another ass chewing.

Bump
07-31-2012, 10:59 AM
it's likely that Haley is a cause of Cassel's problems.

But c'mon, we've all seen Cassel throw and his passes look like shit.

KChiefer
07-31-2012, 11:08 AM
"Cassel takes a shot at Haley"

...and overthrew his enormous head by 10yds.

memyselfI
07-31-2012, 11:23 AM
27:50 mark:

http://www.610sports.com/topic/play_window.php?audioType=Episode&audioId=5963117

"The offseason, having Daboll, and working with Baldwin after practice, what did that mean for you in particular?

CASSEL: "I think it's great. I think it's the first time that I've been here over the last four years that we've had one voice in the offensive room, which is coach Daboll. It's helpful, because when you hear one voice and you understand what he's thinking and how he wants something read or how he wants to conceptualize something against a certain defense."

"We're on the same page and there's no second guessing, there's no 'Oh, I thought this.' That's good for me because moving forward we can create some consistency."

Good for Matt. Now is your chance to show everyone who the true problem was. Make the most of it!

Radar Chief
07-31-2012, 11:28 AM
You mean cussing out players, coaches and referees on the sidelines isn't productive?

;)

BoneKrusher
07-31-2012, 11:41 AM

worse than shit.

Radar Chief
07-31-2012, 11:44 AM

Yes “a” cause, not necessarily “the” cause.

Dave Lane
07-31-2012, 11:52 AM
He started Palko. His fault. Glad that pussy is gone.
Posted via Mobile Device

No it was Pioli's choice. He said no way Stanzi starts year 1. So you would have played Bowe at QB?

Bump
07-31-2012, 11:53 AM
Yes “a” cause, not necessarily “the” cause.

exactly :thumb:

Chiefnj2
07-31-2012, 12:20 PM
No it was Pioli's choice. He said no way Stanzi starts year 1. So you would have played Bowe at QB?

Completely unsupported by fact. When Cassel went down in the 4th preseason game was Pioli on the sideline directing Haley not to give Stanzi a single snap?

tredadda
07-31-2012, 12:32 PM
"Cassel takes a shot at Haley"

...and overthrew his enormous head by 10yds.

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Chief Roundup
07-31-2012, 12:52 PM
Completely unsupported by fact. When Cassel went down in the 4th preseason game was Pioli on the sideline directing Haley not to give Stanzi a single snap?

Hmm thought I read that Stanzi didn't even dress for the final preseason game.?

whoman69
07-31-2012, 12:55 PM
I have to call Cassel the reason the offense was in flux the last four years. When you have a piece of crap and nobody can agree how you can polish it, people are not going to be on the same page.

TLO
07-31-2012, 12:55 PM

Stanzi is clearly far too superior to suit up for preseason games.

saphojunkie
07-31-2012, 02:04 PM
Stanzi is clearly far too superior to suit up for preseason games.

He doesn't get out of bed for less than the conference championship.

HemiEd
07-31-2012, 02:09 PM
I have to call Cassel the reason the offense was in flux the last four years. When you have a piece of crap and nobody can agree how you can polish it, people are not going to be on the same page.

This. How many have lost their job because of him?

HemiEd
07-31-2012, 02:09 PM

I was there, setting right behind the Chiefs bench and he was dressed.

Hammock Parties
07-31-2012, 02:38 PM
my experience is that the better and more kind that you treat people, even when they make mistakes, the more respect you will earn.

You are on record as fucking hating Dick Vermeil, though.

DaneMcCloud
07-31-2012, 02:43 PM
You are on record as fucking hating Dick Vermeil, though.

So?

Hammock Parties
07-31-2012, 02:47 PM
I'm saying sometimes it takes an asshole.

http://www.faniq.com/images/blog/bill_belichick.jpg

Haley wasn't fired here because he was an asshole. He was fired because he made stupid decisions.

DaneMcCloud
07-31-2012, 02:50 PM
I'm saying sometimes it takes an asshole.

That's bullshit.

My dislike of Vermeil wasn't due to the way he treated his players, it was because he destroyed this franchise's future by wasting draft picks on players that wouldn't last five years for the Chiefs, for overseeing poor draft classes, for not developing young players and for setting this franchise back nearly ten years.

Hammock Parties
07-31-2012, 03:05 PM
That's bullshit.

My dislike of Vermeil wasn't due to the way he treated his players, it was because he destroyed this franchise's future by wasting draft picks on players that wouldn't last five years for the Chiefs, for overseeing poor draft classes, for not developing young players and for setting this franchise back nearly ten years.

That's my point exactly.

The fact Dick was nice was completely irrelevant.

DaneMcCloud
07-31-2012, 03:06 PM
That's my point exactly.

LMAO

What? Did I miss a post or something?

Reerun_KC
07-31-2012, 03:09 PM
LMAO

What? Did I miss a post or something?

You missed the fact that he likes Dick and lots of it...

whoman69
07-31-2012, 05:39 PM
That's bullshit.

That was CP. Did Vermeil waste a draft pick trading himself to the Chiefs? Did Vermeil want Larry Johnson? Its clear who ran the draft.

Perhaps it was all the 2nd round reaches CP used for guys that would have been there in the 5th.

07-31-2012, 05:47 PM
You are on record as ****ing hating Dick Vermeil, though.

Vermeil set this team back years because of his ineptitude.

DaneMcCloud
07-31-2012, 05:55 PM
That was CP. Did Vermeil waste a draft pick trading himself to the Chiefs? Did Vermeil want Larry Johnson? Its clear who ran the draft.

Yes, it IS clear, except to some. Dick Vermeil DID NOT want Larry Johnson. He wanted Tyler Brayton. Dick Vermeil kept hammering Carl for defensive players, reaching nearly each and every time.

It's slightly ironic that after Vermeil retired, Peterson hit on Hali, Pollard and Page yet for five years prior, Peterson could barely hit on one guy, let alone three in a single draft.

Coincidence?

Hammock Parties
07-31-2012, 06:02 PM
Vermeil set this team back years because of his ineptitude.

Yep.

Who cares if he was a nice guy.

Chiefnj2
07-31-2012, 06:37 PM
That's bullshit.

Vermeil's job was to win immediately, not build a long term contender.

DaneMcCloud
07-31-2012, 06:40 PM
Vermeil's job was to win immediately, not build a long term contender.

And he accomplished neither

-King-
07-31-2012, 07:24 PM
No it was Pioli's choice. He said no way Stanzi starts year 1. So you could have played Bowe at QB?

Pioli doesn't decide who starts.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties
07-31-2012, 07:37 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

You've got to be shitting me.

DaneMcCloud
07-31-2012, 07:44 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

LMAO