PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Covitz: Matt Cassel sees plenty of talent on Chiefs’ offense

Tribal Warfare
08-01-2012, 03:21 AM
Matt Cassel sees plenty of talent on Chiefs’ offense (http://www.kansascity.com/2012/07/31/3734989/cassel-sees-plenty-of-talent-on.html)
Quarterback thinks this year’s offense is the most skilled since he’s been part of the Chiefs.
By RANDY COVITZ
The Kansas City Star
The last two off the practice field after Tuesday morning’s walkthrough were quarterback Matt Cassel and quarterbacks coach Jim Zorn, who served as a target for deep passes by Cassel.

“Coach Zorn has some pretty good hands,” Cassel joked. “We just worked on some mechanics. This is the time of year to do it. Once you get in the season and start rolling, it’s hard to get those brief moments to go out there and work mechanics. I try to get as much as possible this time of year.”

Cassel has been impressed with the progress the Chiefs have made in camp despite the intense heat.

“Camp’s been great so far,” Cassel said. “We’re making a lot of progress. We’re working in hot conditions for sure, and it’s challenging us both mentally and physically. It’s been a tough camp so far, but these guys have embraced the challenge, and I think we’re going in the right direction.”

The additions of tight end Kevin Boss, offensive tackle Eric Winston and running back Peyton Hillis, has Cassel optimistic about the offense’s possibilities.

“There’s no doubt this is the best personnel group we’ve had since we’ve been here in Kansas City,” Cassel said. “Now it’s also about us coming together as an offensive unit. You never know until you get out there and start going and how you’re going to mesh …”

Cassel believes the upgrade in talent will take some of the heat off him as quarterback.

“It takes pressure off me,” he said. “If you can get the ball in the playmakers’ hands and let them make the plays, it makes it a little easier on you.”

BigMeatballDave
08-01-2012, 03:51 AM
Uh, Matt. It does not take the pressure off of you.

It's more pressure on you to succeed.

No excuses.

If this offense fails, its 100% on you.

08-01-2012, 04:04 AM
“If you can get the ball in the playmakers’ hands and let them make the plays, it makes it a little easier on you.”

LMAO

ROFL

Imon Yourside
08-01-2012, 04:19 AM
LMAO

ROFL

Overheard from John Madden...

If one team scores more than the other, that team wins 100% of the time....Fact!

08-01-2012, 04:54 AM
Overheard from John Madden...

If one team scores more than the other, that team wins 100% of the time....Fact!

I'm actually laughing at the fact that he thinks he will get the ball into our playmakers hands. Behind them, over them, out of their reach. Sure.

Chiefs=Champions
08-01-2012, 05:25 AM

No excuses.

Shhh youll spook him

BoneKrusher
08-01-2012, 06:08 AM

No excuses.

yep.
no excuses this season.

bevischief
08-01-2012, 06:12 AM
yep.
no excuses this season.

This.

Nightfyre
08-01-2012, 06:23 AM
I'm sure matt sees talent all around him. Too bad he's the weakest link at the most important position.

Hammock Parties
08-01-2012, 06:40 AM
Hey Matt, how many times do I have to say it: if we want your opinion, we will beat it out of you. Now please, hand the motherfucking ball to Jamaal.

MOhillbilly
08-01-2012, 07:00 AM
Kc will run the ball more than any team

Reerun_KC
08-01-2012, 07:01 AM
I love the "no excuses" talk...

Like you have any say so in the matter? But if he helps you sleep at night...

You big studs...

Micjones
08-01-2012, 07:01 AM
Kc will run the ball more than any team

What do you think the split will be?
60-40 (run/pass)?

BoneKrusher
08-01-2012, 07:45 AM
I love the "no excuses" talk...

Like you have any say so in the matter? But if he helps you sleep at night...

You big studs...

yeah it doesn't matter because Pioli will make an excuse to keep the POS.

jd1020
08-01-2012, 07:47 AM
If only the feelings were mutual.

Reerun_KC
08-01-2012, 07:48 AM
yeah it doesn't matter because Pioli will make an excuse to keep the POS.

I wanna play....

There will be no excuses for this Defense NOT to be in the top 5 this year...

No excuses for Dropped balls or Fumbles...

No excuses for allowing a TE to rape your defense in the playoffs agian..

No excuses for missing FG's...

Cool this is fun....

tredadda
08-01-2012, 07:49 AM
I'm actually laughing at the fact that he thinks he will get the ball into our playmakers hands. Behind them, over them, out of their reach. Sure.

Not true. He is near the top of the league in his ability to hand off the ball.

boogblaster
08-01-2012, 07:50 AM
our red-zone score'n sucks .. we have to do this or it'll be another long season .....

Reerun_KC
08-01-2012, 07:51 AM
our red-zone score'n sucks .. we have to do this or it'll be another long season .....

Well Abortion is gone thankfully.

So it should pick back up with a healthy offense

MoreLemonPledge
08-01-2012, 08:16 AM
I'm sure he sees plenty of talent. JUST DON'T GIVE HIM A MIRROR HAHAHAHAAA

Rausch
08-01-2012, 08:45 AM

I think with the improvements on the line this will help a lot.

Hudson was average in size for a G in college but is perfect for C in the pros. His mobility and leverage and agility make him a Wiegman with more strength. He won't get pushed around and due to playing G I like his ability to be effective in the run game.

In fact, most of the lineman we've drafted are suited to the run. While the LT is often a great pass blocker and limited run blocker we have a glorified G playing LT. Albert is best moving forward and using his strength.

This O line is almost built for the zone blocking scheme...

Hammock Parties
08-01-2012, 08:49 AM
"almost?"

They've been working towards that the entire time Pioli's been here.

One of the good things he's done.

(waits to be accused of flip flopping)

HemiEd
08-01-2012, 08:55 AM
Misleading thread title, Matt Cassel wouldn't know offensive talent if he saw it.

JD10367
08-01-2012, 09:09 AM
He looks around him and sees plenty of talent on offense. He said he only saw one glaring weakness.

http://img.carters.com.au/65224.jpg

MOhillbilly
08-01-2012, 09:38 AM
What do you think the split will be?
60-40 (run/pass)?

I doubt it'll be that one sided but the game play will probably feel 60-40 with all the short passes and play action for a three yard gain.

TEX
08-01-2012, 11:59 AM
He looks around him and sees plenty of talent on offense. He said he only saw one glaring weakness.

http://img.carters.com.au/65224.jpg

EXACTLY!

Kerberos
08-01-2012, 06:32 PM
I'm sure matt sees talent all around him. Too bad he's the weakest link at the most important position.

Yup..He can see what the rest of us can see....he just hasn't shown that he can use them wisely 100% of the time without shitting his pants in the process.