PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Training Camp Cuts

O.city
08-02-2012, 06:11 PM
Thought this would be a good idea for a thread.

Who do you guys think is a surprise cut from KC?

Also, this is a place to put items of such when other teams cut players.

jd1020
08-02-2012, 06:12 PM
Cassel would be a pleasant surprise.

SAUTO
08-02-2012, 06:12 PM
Cassel and Quinn.

we only need the savior
Posted via Mobile Device

O.city
08-02-2012, 06:16 PM
What position do you guys think we should be looking at around the league to try and pick up if they were to be cut?

Lonewolf Ed
08-02-2012, 06:19 PM
A few O-linemen, a tight end or two, receivers, linebackers, the usual. Oh, and whatever kicker or punter comes in to "compete."

O.city
I'd like to possibly pick up a little CB depth as well as some ILB depth.

SAUTO
What position do you guys think we should be looking at around the league to try and pick up if they were to be cut?

5 tech
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties
08-02-2012, 06:20 PM
DEXTER MCCLUSTER

O.city
08-02-2012, 06:22 PM
DEXTER MCCLUSTER

I thought that actually, but have been hearing good things about him.

Rain Man
08-02-2012, 06:27 PM
It seems to me that our defensive backfield is quite deep, so I suspect there'll be a cut there that surprises us at the end.

mdchiefsfan
08-02-2012, 06:29 PM

I wouldn't mind grabbing an OT if a decent one is cut later in the preseason.

O.city
08-02-2012, 06:34 PM
A good swing tackle possible.

It's nice not to have to look for a damn starter at this point.

Deberg_1990
08-02-2012, 06:35 PM
There wont be any surprise cuts.

RealSNR
08-02-2012, 06:41 PM
Dexter.

O.city
08-02-2012, 06:43 PM
Too much big talk about Dexter playing well as a wr this year.

Rain Man

Quarterback. Maybe a #4 WR.

This team has a ton of talent. I'm going to be very excited to see how the defense does this year, especially if Poe can put up a strong rookie showing.

mcaj22
Ill be really happy when Jake O Connell finally gets fucking cut. Thank fuck

and Donald Washington, if he hasnt already

O.city
08-02-2012, 06:45 PM
I think Washington is gone.

O.city
08-02-2012, 06:46 PM
I think Lilja could be one surprise, with Allen playing so well.

Rasputin
08-02-2012, 06:49 PM
DEXTER MCCLUSTER

Want to make a sig bet he doesn't get cut? I concede to that other bet we had now that he is WR line up.

Bowser
08-02-2012, 06:52 PM
Pioli won't cut one of his second rounders.

The Mayor
08-02-2012, 07:00 PM
Is Powe going to get cut? I haven't seen his name in any camp reports.

Hammock Parties
08-02-2012, 07:01 PM
I concede to that other bet

OK. Here is your new sig. Remove all other garbage in your current sig.

http://i.imgur.com/esZpd.gif

Enjoy.

The Mayor
08-02-2012, 07:04 PM

Enjoy.

Need to add #AlrightAlright

In58men
08-02-2012, 07:07 PM
Keep Tanney cut Quinn

evolve27
08-02-2012, 07:08 PM
A surprise cut to me would be Cyrus Gray. Highly unlikely since he was a draft pick.

jd1020
08-02-2012, 07:10 PM
Keep Tanney cut Quinn

If you did that then Cassel wouldn't be the only QB on the roster who can hit the crossbar.

Rasputin
08-02-2012, 07:17 PM

http://i.imgur.com/esZpd.gif

Enjoy.

there happy? I'm no welcher.

whoman69
08-02-2012, 07:20 PM
I think Lilja could be one surprise, with Allen playing so well.

Lilja would probably be asked to restructure if he isn't starter.

O.city
08-02-2012, 07:22 PM
Lilja would probably be asked to restructure if he isn't starter.

Thats what I mean, if he doesn't want to restructure.

CoMoChief
08-02-2012, 07:23 PM
DB/ILB/OT

Hammock Parties
08-02-2012, 07:26 PM
there happy? I'm no welcher.

Not happy until the job is done, and the bitch is dead.

Stay tuned.

Rasputin
08-02-2012, 07:27 PM
Not happy until the job is done, and the bitch is dead.

Stay tuned.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Your going get to enjoy watching McCluster make plays this year like it or not. He will be a playmaker stay tuned.

Easy 6
08-02-2012, 07:30 PM
I'm in the 'anti-rb cuts' camp, we need a complete stable of varying talents to haul the load this year... Charles, Hillis, DMC, Gray, Droughns, the stocky white dude vying for a FB spot.

I want them ALL for 2012, versatility... make the tough decisions elsewhere, i say... like tight end, who's more versatile & athletic, Droughns or O'Connell?

Willie Lanier
08-02-2012, 07:40 PM

I really had to take a second to think about this...

That's encouraging and depressing at the same time. We could use MLB/ILB depth, but other than that we're deep and talented at every position...

Except QB... Matt is a great backup QB, and Quinn is thanking his lucky stars he's still in the league.

Stanzi may be ok/good but he never impressed me at iowa... Sad thought that a team with this level of talent could miss the playoffs.

But then again, I'll be the first to cheer if any of our QBs succeed

Chiefs Pantalones
08-02-2012, 07:41 PM
I wouldn't cry if McCluster gets cut.

Hammock Parties
08-02-2012, 07:43 PM
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Your going get to enjoy watching McCluster make plays this year like it or not. He will be a playmaker stay tuned.

Bowe
Baldwin
Breaston
Wylie
Copper

Goodbye, DMC.

BoneKrusher
08-02-2012, 07:45 PM

Hell, this would make my Season.

mcaj22
08-02-2012, 07:48 PM
Is Powe going to get cut? I haven't seen his name in any camp reports.

we carried 8 lineman last year so I expect the same this year since Romeo loves a heavy d-line roation

last years was something like: Gordon, Gregg, Powe, Toribio, Bailey, Gilberry, Jackson, Dorsey and I think Brandon Blair

so maybe 9, def 8.

Pretty much 8 spots for the d-line guys are set with no competition: Poe, Powe, Gordon, Toribio, Dorsey, Jackson, Bailey, Rapitaotio... that last spot might be either Blair, Long or some other bozo we have no idea about.

Ming the Merciless
08-02-2012, 07:49 PM
Hell, this would make my Season.

Mine too, so I can laugh at your stupid ass all year long...

Its going to be awesome.

Willie Lanier
08-02-2012, 07:56 PM
Matt Cassel is a backup QB, he lacks the skills to ever be a successful NFL QB

Rasputin
08-02-2012, 07:59 PM
Bowe
Baldwin
Breaston
Wylie
Copper

Goodbye, DMC.

Bowe
Baldwin
Breaston
McCluster
Wylie
Copper?

McCluster is not going get cut. Want to make a bet on this?

Baby Lee
08-02-2012, 08:00 PM

Training Camp CUTS

No 'n'

Rasputin
08-02-2012, 08:01 PM
I can see Wylie going to the practice squad for this year.

Hammock Parties
08-02-2012, 08:07 PM
Bowe
Baldwin
Breaston
McCluster
Wylie
Copper?

Wylie has more value to the team since he's an actual WR.

RealSNR
08-02-2012, 08:08 PM
Is Powe going to get cut? I haven't seen his name in any camp reports.We'll have to see in the preseason games. These tweeters aren't giving much love to 2nd and 3rd string defensive line at all. No reports about Allen Bailey at all, which is what I was hoping to hear about

RealSNR
08-02-2012, 08:11 PM
Bowe
Baldwin
Breaston
McCluster
Wylie
Copper?

The first three ain't getting cut.

Neither is Copper.

That means we either carry 6 WRs (possible) or McCluster is out.

Rasputin
08-02-2012, 08:13 PM
The first three ain't getting cut.

Neither is Copper.

That means we either carry 6 WRs (possible) or McCluster is out.

McCluster is not getting cut & he will get plenty of play time during the year. I think Wylie is going to the practice squad for the year.

Hammock Parties
08-02-2012, 08:14 PM
It's possible McCluster could beat Wylie.

Preseason gonna be a midget dogfight.

RealSNR
08-02-2012, 08:16 PM
McCluster is not getting cut & he will get plenty of play time during the year. I think Wylie is going to the practice squad for the year.
I'm going to laugh my ass off when some douche team like New England claims him off waivers.

And I don't even like Devon Wylie that much. I thought he was a shitty pick

ChiefsCountry
08-02-2012, 08:18 PM

A fourth round draft pick isn't going to be on the practice squad.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rasputin
08-02-2012, 08:22 PM
A fourth round draft pick isn't going to be on the practice squad.
Posted via Mobile Device

That's all going to depend on how well he does during preseason. I havn't watched him play so I really don't know what to expect from him. I'm just figuring it's going depend on if they want keep 5 or 6 active WRs ready to go.

I cannot wait for the games to begin.

BossChief
08-02-2012, 08:26 PM
McCluster will make the roster and get plenty of action due to his versatility.

Clay can't bet his sig or avatar...unless he wants to concede our bet about Jamaals 300 touches. If he does, I'd make it a full year of either one rather than both.

O.city
08-02-2012, 08:28 PM
That's all going to depend on how well he does during preseason. I havn't watched him play so I really don't know what to expect from him. I'm just figuring it's going depend on if they want keep 5 or 6 active WRs ready to go.

I cannot wait for the games to begin.

No it really won't. 4th rounders nowadays don't go to the practice squad.

BossChief
08-02-2012, 08:33 PM
There is no chance Wylie would clear waivers.

O.city
08-02-2012, 08:34 PM
It's actually a good problem to have, that when thinking about the roster it's tough to see where the cuts will be.

Hammock Parties
08-02-2012, 08:43 PM
McCluster will make the roster and get plenty of action due to his versatility.

We don't need him taking carries away from our RBs this year. We have good RBs, not pieces of shit.

How often are we gonna be in 4 wide? Not often.

Soon McCluster will be gone...forever....and Count Zarth will twirl his mustache.

O.city
08-02-2012, 08:44 PM
If Wylie is good in the slot, I tend to agree with Clay. Not sure what role Dexter plays on this team.

Hammock Parties
08-02-2012, 08:46 PM
If Wylie is good in the slot, I tend to agree with Clay. Not sure what role Dexter plays on this team.

WYLIE HIMSELF probably won't even play that much. He stands to be the 4th WR.

Dexter's best bet is a prolonged Bowe holdout.

O.city
08-02-2012, 08:49 PM
I think we will be in alot of different sets, wr wise. But that also lends the fact that, Bowe, Baldwin and Breaston will be on the field alot.

I'm sure Wylie and Dex have some packages that they will be favored in but not very much.

O.city
08-02-2012, 08:56 PM
I'm wondering who will be cut from other teams that might be upgrades?

BossChief
08-02-2012, 08:58 PM
In 2008, after about 6 games, NE changed the offense to more of a shotgun spread to accomidate Cassel.

I would be surprised if we don't go that route this year.

Wylie and McCluster will both play.

As I hit "preview post" I see o. City is thinking in similar terms...as usual.

mcaj22
08-02-2012, 09:00 PM
the words Shotgun Spread and Matt Cassel??!?!??!?

bahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhaahahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

O.city
08-02-2012, 09:02 PM
In 2008, after about 6 games, NE changed the offense to more of a shotgun spread to accomidate Cassel.

I would be surprised if we don't go that route this year.

Wylie and McCluster will both play.

As I hit "preview post" I see o. City is thinking in similar terms...as usual.

It is a thought. I think we actually will throw it a little more than some think.

I know we've all drained this subject, but yes, Cassel hasn't been good enough, or good at all.

But, I won't say that I don't think the culture of coaches and changes have had nothing to do with it. It had to have some effect. If Cassel could somehow stun us all, and be a average to good qb this year, I'd take it.

For now, I'd take it. I want elite, but I'm not kidding myself.

O.city
08-02-2012, 09:04 PM
I had a buddy go up to training camp the other day. He's a really good football minded guy, played a little in undergrad.

He said there is just a different attitude around TC, in a good way, from the players side of the ropes. Everyone was loose.

He's an adamant Cassel hater, but even he had some nice things to say about the live action part of it.

Hammock Parties
08-02-2012, 09:05 PM
:facepalm:

Yes, with our RB and pass happy QB, I'm sure we will be in 4 and 5 wide ALOT.

http://netdump.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/epicfacepalm.gif

mcaj22
if they give Cassel the green light to sit in shotgun and throw then teams will be able to sit in pass defense and pick up his tunnel vision, right side of the field, one direction reads and camp his passes all day

the whole point of the play action and him passing in 2 WR sets is trying to get the other teams base defense to get beat by the pass. And buy Cassel that couple seconds since he only looks one way and rarely checks off the safety, if ever.

He's not Aaron Rodgers, he cant walk to the line with 4 wide and make the appropriate hot reads.

beach tribe
No it really won't. 4th rounders nowadays don't go to the practice squad.

And 2nd rounders in their sophomore season sure as shit don't.

ChiefsCountry
08-02-2012, 09:07 PM
Awesome we have the back and white Wes Welker.
Posted via Mobile Device

mcaj22
08-02-2012, 09:08 PM

good thing McCluster is in his 3rd year then lol

O.city
08-02-2012, 09:08 PM
if they give Cassel the green light to sit in shotgun and throw then teams will be able to sit in pass defense and pick up his tunnel vision, right side of the field, one direction reads and camp his passes all day

the whole point of the play action and him passing in 2 WR sets is trying to get the other teams base defense to get beat by the pass. And buy Cassel that couple seconds since he only looks one way and rarely checks off the safety, if ever.

He's not Aaron Rodgers, he cant walk to the line with 4 wide and make the appropriate hot reads.

He's gonna have to do that some. We can't sit in the I form all day and beat teams.

Shit, maybe Daboll can instil some Fantasia magic on him or something, but he's gonna have to be better, one way or another.

mcaj22
08-02-2012, 09:09 PM
He's gonna have to do that some. We can't sit in the I form all day and beat teams.

Shit, maybe Daboll can instil some Fantasia magic on him or something, but he's gonna have to be better, one way or another.

he wont, because that's our Chiefs luck. He's 30 years old, he is what he is, he's been in the league like 7 years now.. Just have to hope all the talent around him plays out of this world and a couple balls bounce our way to make him look better than he is.

Hammock Parties
08-02-2012, 09:10 PM

It's Dexter's third season.

If he gets beat by a 4th rounder, his ass is cut.

beach tribe
08-02-2012, 09:10 PM
good thing McCluster is in his 3rd year then lol

:doh!:

Chiefs Pantalones
08-02-2012, 09:45 PM
I think you should get more out of a second round pick. Unless he proves otherwise this year (if he doesn't get cut) it was a horrible pick.

RealSNR
08-02-2012, 09:48 PM
I think you should get more out of a second round pick. Unless he proves otherwise this year (if he doesn't get cut) it was a horrible pick.

Disagree.

If he grows 3 inches taller, puts on about 150 lbs, increases his skeletal mass to be able to handle extra muscle, works out like crazy, and changes his name to Terrence Cody, then it wasn't a wasted pick.

He's still got time. There's hope.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-02-2012, 09:54 PM
Disagree.

If he grows 3 inches taller, puts on about 150 lbs, increases his skeletal mass to be able to handle extra muscle, works out like crazy, and changes his name to Terrence Cody, then it wasn't a wasted pick.

He's still got time. There's hope.

I'm not saying that because it wasn't Cody, I'm saying that because that's what it looks like on paper and the eye test. You should get more out of a 2nd round pick. The game just looks too big for him (no pun intended). He isn't as elusive as you'd expect with a guy that stature. I expected him to be faster, more wiggle, more jukes to his game, more elusive than he is. He'd be a hell of a flag football player against average joes after work though. But at this level he just looks average, nothing special. Dante Hall makes him look slow. I hope he proves otherwise as it helps our Chiefs.

RustShack
08-02-2012, 11:29 PM
McCluster isn't getting cut. Its pretty common to keep six WR's, especially when one(Copper) is mainly being kept around for ST's. McCluster can play in the slot or at RB, he will also be one of our top returners. Hes very talented and very versatile... hes sticking around. He can line up in the backfield and motion out to WR(and viseversa) and hes about that age where its pretty common to just bust out.

RustShack
08-02-2012, 11:31 PM
And did I read somewhere just now that they think Charles will get 300+ carries? ROFL

BossChief
08-03-2012, 12:05 AM
In 2008, Cassel actually spread the ball around quite well.

Welker had 111 catches
Moss had 69 catches
Faulk had 58 catches
Gaffney had 38 catches
Watson had 22 catches

mcaj22
08-03-2012, 02:04 AM
Kevin Faulk 58 catches holy fucking dinky checkdown

booger
08-03-2012, 03:09 AM
The numbers game is going to be interesting in quite a few areas.

How many OL do they keep? Typically with this regime it has been 8 with 2 on the practice squad. Allen will be the utility guy being able to fill in at 4 of the 5 spots except center, so he ensures himself of a spot on the active gameday roster as well. That's assuming he doesn't beat out Lilja(i think they play it safe and keep Hudson as the lone new comer to this years starting five, with starting a first year starter and a rookie side by side, unless the difference between Allen's play and Lilja's is that great) and while technically having played both sides and G and T, it is a bigger playbook to learn while already having his hands full as a rook. Of course Stephenson makes it as a 3rd rounder. I just see him as being inactive unless injury forces him into suiting up on game day. Assuming he is as raw as some say.

Mims has to play both sides well and not corner himself into being a RT only. That won't justify him a roster spot otherwise. The backup spot for the game day OL backing up the C and both G spots is interesting as well. Harris who is the TC player that impresses then get's hurt, Bruggman who i don't think really excites anyone but is part of the equation because he is running with the 2's (could be 3's) at C. But Cam Holland and the praise he has gotten is interesting as well. Seems like he has the most upside as that Wade Smith type inside swing guy. Probably a bit raw as he was a UDFA and would carry plenty of risk to count on as the backup swing guy inside. Ideally Harris stays healthy and wins the spot. He's lacking regular season experience but he's matured learning the playbook and what it's going to take by spending time on the PS and IR. I think if his health luck turns he could develop decently in that role. If so Holland to the PS as a backup plan would be ideal as well.

With Ugoh the great now gone and Willis in, it is apparent that they have some hesitation with Mims and Stephenson. They should and i don't say that as a suprise to anyone, just happy they went that route of adding a vet like Willis instead of another young guy who is unproven.

So if they go 8 for the active roster that leaves Stephenson in street clothes, not dressing on game day and Allen being active backing up at least LT and LG or both G spots if they try to ease back and not have him learn both T spots like was the plan at the start of camp. I don't see them keeping 3 rookies as the backups in the case that Holland impresses. So say Willis makes it as the 8th guy and is active gameday instead of Stephenson, that leaves them w/o a backup C. That would leave them with Asomoah backing up C while starting at G. And he has only practiced at C at Illinois and last year.

Those 2 backup OL spots on game day is a really interesting question mark that i'm suprised isn't getting much talk or questions to Romeo in his daily q/a's but its going to something to watch on what they do. Starting Allen at G if he earns it and having Lilja back up both G spots and take some snaps at C this preseason is actually a good way to go IMO. I just don't know if this falls in line with their thinking and obviously is something that Lilja would not be happy with so there's nothing to say he wouldn't ask for his release instead of being a backup. Who knows what the guy is thinking though, maybe he would except that for a year.

booger
08-03-2012, 04:12 AM
Backup TE behind Moeaki and Boss makes me want to puke, with the slight possiblility of seeing a possible role for Steve Maneri. O'Connell is an inconsistant putz who seems to have the athletic ability to step it up being a backup at the Y-inline TE position and the H-Back/motion TE role, plus special teams contributinos. Inconsistantcy, desire to improve, and being pretty much a dumbass leave me no hope he will wake up and take advantage of the opportunity. Don't get me wrong, he was never all that to begin with in the first place, but he seemed to have enough to carve out his niche as a decent 3rd TE.

There's some people that like Tim Biere but i don't see him as anything but a possible PS candidate at best. Reports that he started at FB and Hback in the OTAS is a joke if that is what the little buzz that's out there has anyone excited. Judging from the camp and offseason practice photos of him the guy has some strength to add and doesn't look like he's very strong for a guy 6-4 260. Haven't seen him play though so maybe he could suprise.

Maneri has a shot and i'm glad from reading the tweets that he hasn't lost his hands from being a college TE turned OT his first couple years before this season moving back to TE. Listed at 280 he looks to be pretty lean from the camp photos so that's a good sign he is putting forth the effort after bulking up last season to play OT.

He's going to have to be more than just a blocking TE to make the roster. I don't expect much in the passing game but he's going to have to catch a few. Jason Dunn, not in the dominating blocker sense because there's nothing to compare the 2's ability as a blocker except their sizes are very similar, but Jason Dunn in that he would make the most of his plays as a pass catcher. A large part of that was having Tony G and the D letting Dunn free as they tended to run a high percentage when he was in the game. But Dunn had some foot speed to him for a guy his size and could pick up a good chunck of yardage from time to time. The other thing would be at least contributing on kickoff return and the FG and FG block units(6-6 comes in handy here). Otherwise he's too much of a specialist and it's too easy to put in a backup OL as and elligable receiver on the end of the line. Which brings me to FB and if they even keep one. Bannon isn't anything special in any aspect of his game, including special teams. Unless he shows drastic improvement i don't think he's even worth a taxi squad spot. The new kid they signed i don't know anything about but he doesn't look like anything special . If all your FB does is lead block, and doesn't really wow anyone i think it's worth keeping the extra WR or a fourth RB even than waste a spot on a part time lead blocker.

With all of the talk of 2 TE sets and Daboll using the clay kid as a TE FB tweener i expected more additions to come after Boss signing and that they may even keep 4 on the final roster. Pretty hard to imagine when they don't even have a decent 3rd TE to win a spot. They need a couple more in camp like yesterday to compete with the other turds. Hillis could make up for it with a Hback role and FB and other 2 back sets with Charles. His versatilty and pass catching skills are something that's going to be counted on.

TimeForWasp
08-03-2012, 04:16 AM
Keep Tanney cut Quinn

This

booger
08-03-2012, 04:25 AM
As far as DMC goes, i was under the impression it was shit or get off the pot time and immediatley he should consider himself on notice the moment Wylie was drafted. That's my opinion on the matter as i don't see it as a good idea to keep both. Unless they keep both with DMC as the 4th RB and a game day inactive.

Actually hoping some team like the Eagles who liked him when he was drafted, offer a late rounder and they ship his ass out while they can. Probably too late. Maybe Dimitroff or Phil Emery will bail Scott's ass out and not have to make him cut him. I think I read about Romeo's comments on he and wylies competition and something about them both competing at gunner as well. That i've got to see. If by chance McCluster was lucky enough to get off the LOS and double team mauling gunners get, he would probably get steamrolled by every return man in the league if he tryed to tackle them.

I really hope that all the hype surrounding DMC is just the coaches and front office putting a good spin on things with a positive attitude/fresh start with Daboll. Like Cassel basically. I just hope they actually have the guts to cut ties and move on and quit wasting time like they are with Casshole.

Copper has another good year in him but if Bellamy really looks good or Horne takes a big step as a WR and continues to show special teams value, that spot would look good for either instead of DMC.

spanky 52
08-03-2012, 04:34 AM
Good analysis Booger. Agree they should move on from McCluster and Cassel but don't see it happening.

Micjones
08-03-2012, 06:52 AM
McCluster is safe.
1. Because he's versatile (run game/passing game/return game).
2. There's an open spot in the RB group.

If Bellamy continues to impress he'll make this team. He can play ST as well.

WR Bowe
WR Breaston
WR Baldwin
WR Wylie
WR Copper
WR Bellamy/Horne

RB Charles
RB Hillis
RB Gray
RB McCluster

He's not going anywhere folks.

bevischief
08-03-2012, 07:09 AM
Awesome we have the back and white Wes Welker.
Posted via Mobile Device

ROFL

RealSNR
08-03-2012, 07:54 AM
McCluster is safe.

If Bellamy continues to impress he'll make this team. He can play ST as well.

WR Bowe
WR Breaston
WR Baldwin
WR Wylie
WR Copper
WR Bellamy/Horne

RB Charles
RB Hillis
RB Gray
RB McCluster

He's not going anywhere folks.
1. He's so versatile he can be easily tackled from anywhere on the field! Out wide, in the slot, out of the backfield, IN the backfield, 5 yards upfield, doesn't matter! When you have the all new Dex-o-matic, wasted possessions and downs are a breeze!

2. Actually, there's not an open spot at RB. Dex wouldn't be listed as one, and even if he were, this team is going to carry Charles, Hillis, Gray, and Draughn plus one FB.

The only way for Dex to stick around is for the Chiefs to keep 6 WRs or 6 RBs.

oldman
08-03-2012, 08:00 AM
I really don't think there will be any suprise cuts, but I wouldn't rule out some trades. Any cuts will be on the 2nd and 3rd tier players.

Micjones
08-03-2012, 08:07 AM
1. He's so versatile he can be easily tackled from anywhere on the field! Out wide, in the slot, out of the backfield, IN the backfield, 5 yards upfield, doesn't matter! When you have the all new Dex-o-matic, wasted possessions and downs are a breeze!

I love the idea that a 170-pound football player ought to be hard to bring down. Because that's the only way he can contribute to this team.
:rolleyes:

Actually, there's not an open spot at RB. Dex wouldn't be listed as one, and even if he were, this team is going to carry Charles, Hillis, Gray, and Draughn plus one FB.

Yes. We're sure that an undrafted player on his second team is going to make the roster over a player who's already made a roster twice AND contributed in the NFL.

RealSNR
08-03-2012, 08:09 AM
Watch as Dexter's actually-not-all-that-impressive speed makes the job easy! Simply lay a hand on him and give a tug! The Dex-o-matic goes down instantly! No muss, no fuss, and not even a single ATTEMPT to break the tackle. The Dex-o-matic gets tackled to the ground on the spot every time you use it!

Developed by crazy idiot dumbass offensive coordinators from Pittsburgh, this unique gadget was originally planned to be used as an ideal slot receiver. Redeveloped and refocused, however, the Dex-o-matic now does the job of NOT being elusive and talented from nearly any position on the field! We're so sure your offense will stall on 3rd down when you use the Dex-o-matic, that we'll back it with a 3-year warranty!

Imitation slapdicks of the Dex-o-matic normally sell for a 6th or even 7th round draft pick. But sometimes they're too talented, and you can't always guarantee that they'll suck as much as the Dex-o-matic. But now when you order the Dex-o-matic with your Patriot Way rewards card through this special offer, we'll give you the Dex-o-matic for the low low price of the 36th pick in the 2nd round!

So next time YOU want to fuck up a great offense, don't give new contracts to RBs who average 6.0 YPC, and stop throwing your cash in the trash on re-signed #1 WRs! Draft your very own Dex-o-matic today!

oldman
08-03-2012, 08:15 AM
Please throw out that screen to Dex. Then let's see what the YPC looks like. I can't count how many times he got nailed for a loss or no gain with that. You might as well put that play up on the scoreboard.

RealSNR
08-03-2012, 08:30 AM
"I used to think I was pretty good at sucking and stalling an offense by myself. And it's true, usually I know exactly what I'm doing when it comes to that. But sometimes my #1 WR with the huge penis would actually catch one of my errant throws, and occasionally I'd go up against defenses so shitty even I couldn't suck against them."

http://helmet2helmet.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/matt-cassel.jpg

"But thanks to the Dex-o-matic, I've got my drive-stalling groove back. I love using him on delayed draws out of the shotgun. One of those per drive kills the offense instantly! It's great, and it really makes even MY job a hell of a lot easier. Thanks, Dex-o-matic!"

http://www.fantasyfootballsportal.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Matt-Cassel-Biography-Photos-4.jpeg

Hammock Parties
08-03-2012, 08:36 AM
McCluster is safe.

The dude isn't even practicing with the RBs.

By all accounts, Gray and Draughn are tearing it up. And those guys can actually break a tackle. There's basically no fucking reason to play DMC at RB.

He's in the fight of his life to be the 4th WR. Arenas already took his return job, and Wylie can do that well.

And Wylie is an actual legit 4.3 guy.

The deck is stacked against that little dreadlocked hobbit.

RealSNR
08-03-2012, 08:40 AM
Senior citizens love Dex-o-matic's easy-to-suck, simple-to-use mechanics!

"I used to have TWO young whipper snapper offensive coaches pushing me around and telling me what to do on every play call. They didn't trust me to screw up my own offense, just because my football experience goes all the way back to the Chester A Arthur administration!"

http://www.browsebiography.com/images/5/3254-Bill%20Muir_kansas%20chiefs_biography.jpg

"Then I tried using Dex-o-matic. Before I knew it, I was back to calling my own plays, giving me the independence and confidence I sorely needed. Thanks, Dex-o-matic."

http://media.trb.com/media/alternatethumbnails/story/2011-02/59187454-03102638.jpg

Micjones
08-03-2012, 08:45 AM
The dude isn't even practicing with the RBs.

That doesn't change my point.
He's going to be used all over the field.
There's a slot open at RB. They'll carry him as a runningback if in title only.

By all accounts, Gray and Draughn are tearing it up.

In training camp. Neither of them have played a down in an NFL game.
Curb your enthusiasm. I'm high on Gray and am confident he'll make the roster. Draughn's a longer shot. The pre-season will create separation at that position though.

He's in the fight of his life to be the 4th WR. Arenas already took his return job, and Wylie can do that well.

Wylie's reportedly had trouble getting off the line in camp.
And we're not sure he's going to be healthy.

Sorry, but I just don't see how you're so confident that Draughn and Wylie (two players who've never played in the NFL) are going to beat a two year player to the punch.

lcarus
08-03-2012, 08:50 AM

LMAO Imagine this place if that actually happened? Good lord...

Rausch
08-03-2012, 08:51 AM
LMAO Imagine this place if that actually happened? Good lord...

http://www2.citypaper.com/sb/173314/eatme.jpg

Hammock Parties
08-03-2012, 08:53 AM
There's a slot open at 5th RB? Interesting. LMAO

And I'm confident Dex is going to be beaten because both of those guys are either bigger or faster than him, and our offense is not going to be based around a lot of 4 and 5-wide sets.

Dex is increasingly becoming less relevant this offseason.

We got Charles back = Dex's value goes down

We signed Hillis = Dex's value goes down

We drafted Gray = Dex's value goes down

We drafted Wylie = Dex's value goes down

Dex moves back to WR = Dex's value goes down

If Dex's value decreases anymore he's gonna end up in the freaking UFL.

jd1020
08-03-2012, 08:56 AM
After all the man love Dex was getting at OTA's I'll be shocked if he doesn't make the roster...

"Dexter by far the best WR at OTA."

"No one can defend Dexter."

etc...

Doesn't Wylie have an extensive injury history?

Hammock Parties
08-03-2012, 08:57 AM
blablablablabla

Speed kills in the NFL. I'd bet anything they're a lot higher on a guy with actual speed in Wylie than a midget with one of the worst speed scores in NFL draft history.

jd1020
08-03-2012, 09:01 AM
I'll bet it will be Dex lining up in the slot when the season starts and Wylie will get time in the kick return game, if that. This regime isn't kind to rookies in their first season, especially ones that were drafted on the 3rd day.

CoMoChief
08-03-2012, 09:04 AM
Dexter McCluster is not getting cut.

He'll be the 5th or 6th WR

Bowe
Baldwin
Breaston
Wylie
McCluster
Copper

Hammock Parties
08-03-2012, 09:06 AM
And how many 4 WR sets do you think we're going to run in a game?

6 or 7 snaps at the most?

The 4th WR has lots of value on this team. Terrance Copper played all of 134 snaps last season.

Chiefnj2
08-03-2012, 09:07 AM
I thought Dex was one of the few offensive bright spots last year. There were some games where it appeared he was the only guy trying.

Hammock Parties
08-03-2012, 09:08 AM
I thought Dex was one of the few offensive bright spots last year.

Scott Pioli didn't, apparently.

jd1020
08-03-2012, 09:11 AM
And how many 4 WR sets do you think we're going to run in a game?

6 or 7 snaps at the most?

The 4th WR has lots of value on this team. Terrance Copper played all of 134 snaps last season.

Copper is the odd man out, imo.

Dexter was lined up at RB last year. If they have effectively worked him into the passing game and line him up in the slot where is Copper going to play?

Baldwin-Breaston-Dexter-Bowe.

OnTheWarpath15
08-03-2012, 09:15 AM
Copper is the odd man out, imo.

Dexter was lined up at RB last year. If they have effectively worked him into the passing game and line him up in the slot where is Copper going to play?

Baldwin-Breaston-Dexter-Bowe.

Copper will (or should) make the team for his special teams skills alone. Plus, he can actually play WR in a pinch.

While I don't think there's any way Pioli admits his mistake and cuts Dex, he is expendable. There are other guys on the roster who do what he does, and better.

OnTheWarpath15
08-03-2012, 09:16 AM
And what's all this talk about Dexter playing the slot?

Why the fuck would we take snaps from Breaston, who we're paying $5M per to play there?

Chiefnj2
08-03-2012, 09:24 AM
Dexter isn't great at anything, but he can be called on to be decent at just about everything. He averaged 0.5 a yard more per carry than Battle and Jones and he was the 3rd leading receiver on the team. He's not a quality starter, but in limited carries its possible to use him as a weapon.

Dex is one of those guys who fans didn't like the day he was drafted (myself included) and he is never going to be given the benefit of the doubt.

penguinz
08-03-2012, 09:24 AM
blablablablabla

Speed kills in the NFL. I'd bet anything they're a lot higher on a guy with actual speed in Wylie than a midget with one of the worst speed scores in NFL draft history.But Dexter runs so fast he blew out a pair of shoes in TC his first season!

philfree
08-03-2012, 09:26 AM
But Dexter runs so fast he blew out a pair of shoes in TC his first season!

Thay was Berry.

penguinz
08-03-2012, 09:29 AM
Thay was Berry.Wrong

philfree
08-03-2012, 09:30 AM
Wrong

Yes I believe you are.

BoneKrusher
08-03-2012, 09:31 AM
Mine too, so I can laugh at your stupid ass all year long...

Its going to be awesome.

wouldn't you know it, the Cassel Ballwasher chimes in.
like my sig? i made it hoping it would piss you off.. :doh!:

penguinz
08-03-2012, 09:35 AM
Yes I believe you are.Don;t ever question me.

http://www.heycameraman.net/?p=272

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/8/5/1607955/chiefs-training-camp-three-pairs

;)

O.city
08-03-2012, 09:37 AM
If Dex is the 5th or 6th wr to make the team, he's gonna have to play some ST's.

Anyone see that happening?

Hammock Parties
08-03-2012, 09:38 AM
If Dex is the 5th or 6th wr to make the team, he's gonna have to play some ST's.

Dex would be great covering kicks.

More like covering getting his ass kicked.

jd1020
08-03-2012, 09:38 AM

Nope.

Wylie makes Dex a WR or bust.

OnTheWarpath15
08-03-2012, 09:39 AM

http://i50.tinypic.com/1232vcw.gif

O.city
08-03-2012, 09:40 AM
IMO the problem with Dex, or the problems Haley and co had with him was that, he isn't consistently on the field in normal sets. He's a guy they tried to have certain packages for to get him the ball.

They weren't very good at that because it was pretty blatantly obvious what was happening.

O.city
08-03-2012, 09:41 AM

My thoughts exactly

BoneKrusher
08-03-2012, 09:43 AM

i think Clark's been viewing the .gifs thread.
http://4gifs.org/gallery/d/204229-2/Soft_jiggling_boobs.gif

O.city
08-03-2012, 09:44 AM
Whats bullshit is if Dex takes a spot away from someone who can actually contribute, simply because we can't admit he was a mistake.

jd1020
08-03-2012, 09:45 AM
IMO the problem with Dex, or the problems Haley and co had with him was that, he isn't consistently on the field in normal sets. He's a guy they tried to have certain packages for to get him the ball.

They weren't very good at that because it was pretty blatantly obvious what was happening.

The problem Haley had with Dex is all that Haley knew how to do was run a draw or throw the ball out into the flat with no blockers.

O.city
08-03-2012, 09:46 AM
The problem Haley had with Dex is all that Haley knew how to do was run a draw or throw the ball out into the flat with no blockers.

THis.

While I think Dex has some ability, he wasn't given any advantage with the playcalling last year.

Hammock Parties
08-03-2012, 09:48 AM
Charlie Weis, a SB OC, couldn't come up with the right playcalls for him either.

Damn.

O.city
08-03-2012, 09:50 AM
McCluster is a gadget, who should get MAYBE 2-4 TPG with this squad as it is right now.

2-4 being alot.

I think he does have some talent, but unless he's become a great route runner, he doesn't have a spot on this team.

jd1020
08-03-2012, 09:51 AM
Charlie Weis, a SB OC, couldn't come up with the right playcalls for him either.

Damn.

Dexter wasn't as involved in the offense when Weis was here and he averaged 3 more yards a catch under Weis.

Last 2 games of 2011, under Crennel, Dexter caught 8 passes for 114 yards and ran 15 times for 76 yards. In case math is an issue, thats 14.25 yards a pass and 5 yards a run.

Hammock Parties
08-03-2012, 09:55 AM
Dexter wasn't as involved in the offense when Weis was here and he averaged 3 more yards a catch under Weis.

422 snaps under Weis.

468 last year.

You = owned.

Also, he wasn't as involved the year Jamaal Charles and Tony Moeaki weren't hurt? No fucking shit, Sherlock?

jd1020
08-03-2012, 09:58 AM
422 snaps under Weis.

468 last year.

You = owned.

Also, he wasn't as involved the year Jamaal Charles and Tony Moeaki weren't hurt? No ****ing shit, Sherlock?

2010 - 39 plays

2011 - 160 plays

Hammock Parties
08-03-2012, 10:00 AM
Oh, a running back got more touches than a wide receiver? In a year the starting RB was hurt?

No shit?

Is Dex a RB anymore?

No?

Are you stupid?

Yes?

jd1020
08-03-2012, 10:01 AM
Oh, a running back got more touches than a wide receiver? In a year the starting RB was hurt?

No shit?

Is Dex a RB anymore?

No?

Are you stupid?

Yes?

No. They've moved him to WR where he was much more effective under Crennel than Haley.

Lets see what Daboll does. Dexter is going to be a sub but everything we've heard about Dexter this year has been positive.

Seems like a pretty good start under a new OC.

Dexter being cut seems less and less likely.

Hammock Parties
08-03-2012, 10:02 AM
No. They've moved him to WR where he was much more effective under Crennel than Haley.

Uh, he got like 80 percent of his catches last year out of the backfield. As a RB.

Try again, genious.

jd1020
08-03-2012, 10:03 AM
Uh, he got like 80 percent of his catches last year out of the backfield. As a RB.

Try again, genious.

WTF does that have to do with him being more effective on the plays?

thabear04
08-03-2012, 10:05 AM
Here my list

Donald Washington is a must to go
Mikail Baker
Dominique Ellis
Jean Fanor
Chandler Fenner
Ethan Johnson
Matt Szymanski
Jake O'Connell is also a must to go
Josh Bellamy

Hammock Parties
08-03-2012, 10:19 AM
WTF does that have to do with him being more effective on the plays?

He was a horribly ineffective WR in 2010.

Last year he was a marginally effective RB.

That gives me hope for this season!

O.city
08-03-2012, 10:28 AM
Pt cancelled this afternoon, I'm heading up to ST Joe.

I'll bring the pen and paper.

Just Passin' By
08-03-2012, 10:48 AM
Kevin Faulk 58 catches holy ****ing dinky checkdown

Faulk was a great weapon out of the backfield. It wasn't all about checkdowns with him.

Hammock Parties
08-03-2012, 11:17 AM
Faulk was a great weapon out of the backfield. It wasn't all about checkdowns with him.

LMAO

Dude, Matt Cassel was throwing the passes.

Faulk averaged 6.1 yards per catch.

Checkdown king reigned that year.

Micjones
08-03-2012, 11:30 AM
There's a slot open at 5th RB? Interesting. LMAO

4th, yes.

And I'm confident Dex is going to be beaten because both of those guys are either bigger or faster than him, and our offense is not going to be based around a lot of 4 and 5-wide sets.

You're confident...why exactly?
Jonathan Baldwin is INFINITELY more talented than Devon Wylie and he caught just 21 passes last season.

Dex is increasingly becoming less relevant this offseason.

We got Charles back = Dex's value goes down

We signed Hillis = Dex's value goes down

We drafted Gray = Dex's value goes down

We drafted Wylie = Dex's value goes down

Dex moves back to WR = Dex's value goes down

If Dex's value decreases anymore he's gonna end up in the freaking UFL.

Well as long as it's that simple.
Just draft a player and he's sure to succeed the player in front of him.

Hammock Parties
08-03-2012, 11:33 AM
They drafted those players because Dex is garbage, son.

Fucking LOL that you think Dex is a factor at RB.

mcaj22
08-03-2012, 11:41 AM
Brian Price a DT of the Bucs was picked in the 2nd round at pick 35, right before McCluster. They just traded him for a 7th round pick.

So don't say jumping off the ship of a 2nd round player cant happen.

Just Passin' By
08-03-2012, 11:49 AM
LMAO

Dude, Matt Cassel was throwing the passes.

Faulk averaged 6.1 yards per catch.

Checkdown king reigned that year.

2006: 43 rec, 8.3 y/a
2007: 47 rec, 8.1 y/a
2008: 58 rec, 8.4 y/a

The 6.1 you cited was Faulk's rushing average in 2008. He rushed for 507 yards on 83 attempts.

Micjones
08-03-2012, 11:57 AM
They drafted those players because Dex is garbage, son.

****ing LOL that you think Dex is a factor at RB.

When you find where I said anything about him being a factor at RB, let me know.

Hammock Parties
08-03-2012, 12:00 PM
Oh. My bad. LMAO

Guess Cassel was slinging it down the field that year. LMAO

Hammock Parties
08-03-2012, 12:00 PM
When you find where I said anything about him being a factor at RB, let me know.

Glad we agree he's a non factor at RB.

Micjones
08-03-2012, 12:03 PM
Glad we agree he's a non factor at RB.

Never said that either. I never addressed that at all.

You have an issue with him. I don't.
As you were.

Just Passin' By
08-03-2012, 12:11 PM
Oh. My bad. LMAO

Guess Cassel was slinging it down the field that year. LMAO

You really are an idiot. Sproles in NO averaged 8.3 this past season.

CoMoChief
08-03-2012, 12:15 PM
JFC for the millionth time, DMC will not be cut. And I'm not sure he'll be cut next year either. He could possibly be traded, but we won't cut him without trying to get "something" for him. If he's not contributing that much this year and the offense is sucessful, then I would imagine that we'd try to pluck a 7th rd pick for him or something. But I don't see Pioli and Co. just flat out cutting him.

Hammock Parties
08-03-2012, 12:20 PM
You really are an idiot. Sproles in NO averaged 8.3 this past season.

That's because he caught 86 god damn passes.

Faulk caught 58.

Slight difference.

Hammock Parties
08-03-2012, 12:23 PM
But I don't see Pioli and Co. just flat out cutting him.

An undrafted free agent (Draughn) is apparently better than he is. LMAO

Just Passin' By
08-03-2012, 12:26 PM
That's because he caught 86 god damn passes.

Faulk caught 58.

Slight difference.

ROFL

First you argue that it was about check downs by claiming that Faulk was only averaging 6.1 ypc. Then, when you were proven wrong about that, you make the idiotic comment about Cassel slinging it. When I note that Faulk's average was higher than Sproles from this year, when Sproles was clearly not just a check down outlet, you try to make some argument that the reason for Faulk having the higher ypc is because of the reception totals?

That's pathetic, even for you.

Hammock Parties
08-03-2012, 12:52 PM
You know what's pathetic?

You defending Cassel.

Micjones
08-03-2012, 01:08 PM
An undrafted free agent (Draughn) is apparently better than he is. LMAO

Based on 6 days of training camp.
:thumb:

beach tribe
08-03-2012, 02:54 PM
If DMC had been drafted in the 4th instead of the 2nd people would LOVE him, and you would never hear people talk about getting rid of his ass.
His draft status has people still so butthurt they can't see that the guy does actually have value,

KCrockaholic
08-03-2012, 02:55 PM
If DMC had been drafted in the 4th instead of the 2nd people would LOVE him, and you would never hear people talk about getting rid of his ass.
His draft status has people still so butthurt they can't see that the guy does actually have value,

Just not 2nd round value.

beach tribe
08-03-2012, 02:57 PM
Based on 6 days of training camp.
:thumb:

He hasn't made an unbiased post in as long as I can remember. I really don't think he's capable of not letting the BS in his mind slant everything he posts.

Hammock Parties
08-03-2012, 03:24 PM

He's not good at anything.

He's a tiny little guy who isn't fast, and isn't even a decent punt returner.

He's just a small guy who flamed out of the NFL. There are lots of those guys.

I'd put his actual value somewhere close to early 6th based on how the Chiefs are practically asking him to retire.

beach tribe
08-03-2012, 03:25 PM
Just not 2nd round value.

I can agree with this.

KCrockaholic
08-03-2012, 03:27 PM
Camp cuts are going to be interesting. A decent player is going to get cut at some point, and McCluster will still be on the team I'm sure.

Hammock Parties
08-03-2012, 03:29 PM
McCluster lovers are like this guy:

http://inlinethumb19.webshots.com/32466/1134928216054232196S425x425Q85.jpg

beach tribe
08-03-2012, 03:32 PM
He's just a small guy who flamed out of the NFL. There are lots of those guys.

I'd put his actual value somewhere close to early 6th based on how the Chiefs are practically asking him to retire.
You act as if he's already gone when there is zero evidence that the Chiefs don't think he has value or is going to contribute.
The drafting of Wylie is not the nail in his coffin. Just because they are about the same size does not mean there is only room for one of them.
Matter of fact I would put the probability of DMC not being on the opening day roster at nill.

Hammock Parties
08-03-2012, 03:34 PM
The Chiefs think he has very little value. They changed his position to a place he sucks, and drafted a guy to take his job (4th WR).

Why are you ignoring the obvious?

DMC is not making this roster as the 5th WR.

beach tribe
08-03-2012, 03:35 PM
McCluster lovers are like this guy:

http://inlinethumb19.webshots.com/32466/1134928216054232196S425x425Q85.jpg

You don't have to be a McCluster "lover" to realize that he has a spot on this team. It's not that hard to understand that opposing teams are simply not going to be able to key on him at all, and with Cassel's propensity to check down, DMC is poised to have a productive season.

Hammock Parties
08-03-2012, 03:37 PM
He absolutely has a spot. As the 4th WR.

Go DMC! Beat out the white boy! (who is faster than you, ironically)

FYI, in our offense, the 4th WR isn't doing shit, and I know you're a smart guy, so you realize that.

beach tribe
08-03-2012, 03:37 PM
DMC is not making this roster as the 5th WR.
I know. He's making it as the 4th WR.

penguinz
08-03-2012, 03:38 PM
Why are people so in love with Dexter? What has he done in this league?

beach tribe
08-03-2012, 03:38 PM
He absolutely has a spot. As the 4th WR.

Go DMC! Beat out the white boy! (who is faster than you, ironically)

FYI, in our offense, the 4th WR isn't doing shit, and I know you're a smart guy, so you realize that.

DMC will be playing WR, and RB. He's our utility player on offense.

Hammock Parties
08-03-2012, 03:39 PM

Dreadlocks flying, bro.

Most exciting 7-yard gains in NFL history.

Hammock Parties
08-03-2012, 03:39 PM

Why give him a snap at RB, when we have 3 RB who are better? :hmmm:

beach tribe
08-03-2012, 03:41 PM

Why does someone have to be "in love" with him to realize that he can help this team? You don't have to either hate him or be on his nuts.
He's a serviceable player. That's it.

KCrockaholic
08-03-2012, 03:42 PM
Why does someone have to be "in love" with him to realize that he can help this team? You don't have to either hate him or be on his nuts.
He's a serviceable player. That's it.

He's a liability with the ball IMO. Every time he touches the ball I'm scared to death that he's going to fumble. And he seems to do it at the most crucial times.

beach tribe
08-03-2012, 03:45 PM
Why give him a snap at RB, when we have 3 RB who are better? :hmmm:

He averaged, what? 4.4 a carry? Gray has yet to take a snap. You don't know what he is yet. DMC wasn't a world beater, but he wasn't thomas jones either.
I guarantee you this coaching staff will feel as though he deserves playing time.

ct
08-03-2012, 03:46 PM
I have my eye on RB Anthony Dixon in SF if he gets cut. We need a bruiser to compliment Jamaal, and I seriously doubt Hillis was brought in as anything other than temp fix. He currently sees the guys in front of him in SF, and has asked to work at FB too, which he could here as well. Anyway, SF would be wise to dump Brandon Jacobs before Dixon, but who knows. I'd take Dixon over Bannon for sure.

DeezNutz
08-03-2012, 03:47 PM
He averaged, what? 4.4 a carry? Gray has yet to take a snap. You don't know what he is yet. DMC wasn't a world beater, but he wasn't thomas jones either.
I guarantee you this coaching staff will feel as though he deserves playing time.

Given that the team essentially drafted over the top of him, I'd say his roster spot is in jeopardy.

beach tribe
08-03-2012, 03:51 PM
Given that the team essentially drafted over the top of him, I'd say his roster spot is in jeopardy.

I'm more inclined to believe he'll be the 3rd RB, and 4th WR.
Gray will play mostly special teams his rookie season IMO, but we'll see.

DeezNutz
08-03-2012, 03:54 PM

Wylie was whom I was alluding to.

beach tribe
08-03-2012, 03:57 PM
He's a liability with the ball IMO. Every time he touches the ball I'm scared to death that he's going to fumble. And he seems to do it at the most crucial times.

You mean his 3 career fumbles?

Hammock Parties
08-03-2012, 03:57 PM

DOT DOT DOT.

Gray has been a freaking beast at camp. He is the third RB, not DMC, and DMC has NO SHOT at that spot.

Keep grasping at straws for your precious little midget.

beach tribe
08-03-2012, 04:08 PM
Wylie was whom I was alluding to.

I like Wylie...alot, but he's extremely injury prone, and I really see him as more of a return specialist with he and DMC sharing WR duties. DMC's value as a RB and WR make him valuable to the team.
This is really pointless IMO. I have no doubt whatsoever that DMC makes the roster and sees the field. And honestly I would love to see Wylie, and Gray emerge, and make DMC completely expendable, because it means the team has gotten much better, but I don't see it.
I actually see copper being gone before DMC. What has Copper done to warrant a free pass? DMC has produced much more than him, yet people are scared to death of the notion of losing a career special teamer.

Hammock Parties
08-03-2012, 04:10 PM
DMC has no value as a RB on a team with 3 good RB.

Copper is an excellent STer so he is a lock. Every team needs a guy like Copper.

beach tribe
08-03-2012, 04:11 PM
DOT DOT DOT.

Gray has been a freaking beast at camp.
Really? That's cool. It would be sweet to have another beast back there.
Can you post a link to any of it.

Hammock Parties
08-03-2012, 04:11 PM
Really? That's cool. It would be sweet to have another beast back there.
Can you post a link to any of it.

It's all over the TC thread you fucking moron.

beach tribe
08-03-2012, 04:12 PM
I'm being serious too. I like Gray and haven't heard anything other than him being "rocked up"

beach tribe
08-03-2012, 04:14 PM
It's all over the TC thread you ****ing moron.

What's with the "fucking moron" shit Dane. I haven't seen it.
I don't have 120,000 posts. I have 2 jobs a son, and I don't live in my mom's basement loser.

Hammock Parties
08-03-2012, 04:15 PM
I'm being serious too. I like Gray and haven't heard anything other than him being "rocked up"

@Chief_Wildcat
.@CyrusGray32 did have a nice evening at camp. Running with speed and authority. #ChiefsTrainingCamp #Chiefs

@ArrowheadPride
If Jalil Brown were injured on this last play, the cause of injury would've been Cyrus Gray juking him pretty good

@Jason_Madson
Cyrus Gray is also doing a lot of good. His quickness is killer. He's excellent depth and looks like a nice S/T addition. #ChiefsCamp

@TheFilmRoom
#Chiefs Cyrus Gray impressed today...had about 3 cutbacks that went for big gains. Great fit with the zone blocking scheme.

@Jacobs71
Cyrus Gray with such quick twitch in his run. Weaving defenders like an And 1 mix tape. #ChiefsCamp

beach tribe
08-03-2012, 04:18 PM
@Chief_Wildcat
.@CyrusGray32 did have a nice evening at camp. Running with speed and authority. #ChiefsTrainingCamp #Chiefs

@ArrowheadPride
If Jalil Brown were injured on this last play, the cause of injury would've been Cyrus Gray juking him pretty good

@Jason_Madson
Cyrus Gray is also doing a lot of good. His quickness is killer. He's excellent depth and looks like a nice S/T addition. #ChiefsCamp

@TheFilmRoom
#Chiefs Cyrus Gray impressed today...had about 3 cutbacks that went for big gains. Great fit with the zone blocking scheme.

@Jacobs71
Cyrus Gray with such quick twitch in his run. Weaving defenders like an And 1 mix tape. #ChiefsCamp

And there are good tweets about DMC saying he looks like he's making a statement.

Hammock Parties
08-03-2012, 04:19 PM
They play different positions, though.

Logic, follow it.

beach tribe
08-03-2012, 04:21 PM
And tweets stating that Gray will make a good STer. Maybe Copper becomes expendable now, since he contributes basically nothing anywhere else.

Hammock Parties
08-03-2012, 04:21 PM
Uh, you need more than one good STer, babe.

Jackie Battle was a good STer last year, too.

Hammock Parties
08-03-2012, 04:23 PM
DMC will be our 3rd RB. LMAO

@Lance_THESPOKEN
Cyrus Gray with yet another long distance run! #Chiefs

@Jacobs71
Shaun Draughn with the plant and go. Great burst through the hole and gone. #ChiefsCamp

@Jacobs71
Shaun Draughn with two nice cutbacks against the grain. For TD. Great vision and elusiveness. #ChiefsCamp

beach tribe
08-03-2012, 04:32 PM
Shaun Draughn.......will not make the team lol
I'll bet he looks like nails vs the 4th string though.
Is he your new Devard Darling?

penguinz
08-03-2012, 05:02 PM
He's a serviceable player. That's it.He has no real role on this team. Why are you supporting him so much? Did he impregnate your sister?

RealSNR
08-04-2012, 12:05 AM
JFC for the millionth time, DMC will not be cut. And I'm not sure he'll be cut next year either. He could possibly be traded, but we won't cut him without trying to get "something" for him. If he's not contributing that much this year and the offense is sucessful, then I would imagine that we'd try to pluck a 7th rd pick for him or something. But I don't see Pioli and Co. just flat out cutting him.

He's too valuable! He's a gadget weapon! The swiss army knife of offensive skillset players!

He's got speed!

Put him in space and watch him go!

Yeah, no. I'd rather watch the direct snap to Shaun Draughn every fucking play than see Dex get another fucking wasted touch on this offense.

RealSNR
08-04-2012, 12:09 AM

A utility player who isn't even the 2nd fastest guy on the offense, has no "elusiveness" people talk about, and goes down to the ground every time a defender breathes on him menacingly.

Utility player? More like futility player! Amirite?

lcarus
08-04-2012, 12:13 AM
I have some buddies that actually defend the pick of McCluster in round 2. They're the same guys that told me Sproles in the 4th round would have been a disaster. Morons.

Just Passin' By
08-04-2012, 02:21 AM
You know what's pathetic?

You defending Cassel.

I didn't defend Cassel. I pointed out you were wrong about Faulk. Keep trying to spin your troll posts, though. ;)

BigMeatballDave
08-04-2012, 02:51 AM
I have some buddies that actually defend the pick of McCluster in round 2. They're the same guys that told me Sproles in the 4th round would have been a disaster. Morons.

I was fine with the pick when I thought they were gonna use him like Welker.

Then we discovered he's not talented enough for that.

I don't care what they do with him. I'm hoping Wylie bumps him off the roster.

jspchief
08-04-2012, 05:35 AM
I don't see how anyone can say McCluster is not in jeopardy. We drafted two guys this year that could very well be better versions of the two roles he might fill. Whylie is easily a faster WR, and Gray is likely a better RB.

I don't think Dex is outright horrible. But he is JAG. And now we may have two better guys.

O.city
08-29-2012, 06:20 PM
Bump.

Not only Chiefs cuts, but who else you think has a chance to get cut that we should/could look at?

I'd say we are looking at CB obviously, and possibly another LB'er.

Of course if there were a potential upgrade surprise cut from somewhere, grab it.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-29-2012, 07:36 PM
I'm still laughing at people thinking Dex would be cut. They've talked all offseason how they were using him as the primary slot guy, he was doing well, and people just didn't want to believe it.

Even more mass fail by Clay...shocking.

whoman69
08-29-2012, 07:53 PM
I'm still laughing at people thinking Dex would be cut. They've talked all offseason how they were using him as the primary slot guy, he was doing well, and people just didn't want to believe it.

Even more mass fail by Clay...shocking.

Clay would never let personal bias color his judgement.

Whew, didn't think I could get through that one without laughing.

Black Bob
08-30-2012, 11:15 AM
I bet we take at least two players from other teams this year. I'm thinking one will be a FB. Maybe John Conner, Oive Mughelli, or Brit Miller will get cut. The other might be a safety so we can move Daniels back to corner. We've had a bunch of injuries at cornerback... Sean Jones is out there and Will Allen could get cut from Pittsburgh.

Jets | John Conner could be on roster bubble
Wed, 29 Aug 2012 09:06:35 -0700

New York Jets FB John Conner may be on the roster bubble because he is expected to see playing time in the final preseason game Thursday, Aug. 30, which most veteran players sit out.

0 Comments | Source: ESPNNewYork.com - Rich Cimini | Share: Tweet

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/NFL?page=8#ixzz253BeLtPP

penguinz
08-30-2012, 11:38 AM
I bet we take at least two players from other teams this year. I'm thinking one will be a FB. Maybe John Conner, Oive Mughelli, or Brit Miller will get cut. The other might be a safety so we can move Daniels back to corner. We've had a bunch of injuries at cornerback... Sean Jones is out there and Will Allen could get cut from Pittsburgh.There is no need for a FB on this team.

ct
08-30-2012, 12:13 PM
Am I alone hoping we keep Eaches? Put Gray on IR if necessary, but I like this kid.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-30-2012, 12:39 PM
I bet we take at least two players from other teams this year. I'm thinking one will be a FB. Maybe John Conner, Oive Mughelli, or Brit Miller will get cut. The other might be a safety so we can move Daniels back to corner. We've had a bunch of injuries at cornerback... Sean Jones is out there and Will Allen could get cut from Pittsburgh.

Gruden just jerked it reading about the "Terminator"

Black Bob
08-30-2012, 01:37 PM
There is no need for a FB on this team.

Why do you think that? Check out the Peyton Hillis highlight reel and tell me if you notice Vickers?

Sofa King
08-30-2012, 01:42 PM
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs4/2078490_o.gif

Quesadilla Joe
08-30-2012, 01:43 PM
There is no need for a FB on this team.

A team who relies heavily on the run to win games doesn't need a FB?

Chiefnj2
08-30-2012, 01:44 PM
I would like to add that with Lilja and Asamoah being driven back on running plays, a FB might not be the worst option.

Sofa King
08-30-2012, 01:45 PM
A team who relies heavily on the run to win games doesn't need a FB?

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs1/1434420_o.gif

Black Bob
08-30-2012, 01:45 PM
No kidding. Go back and look at the big run against the Cards. The FB made a key block. We need a FB. Not a TE converrted to a FB. A true FB that knows what he's doing.

Titty Meat
08-30-2012, 01:48 PM
FB is a waste of a roster spot. Hillis can play FB when needed.

penguinz
08-30-2012, 01:49 PM
A team who relies heavily on the run to win games doesn't need a FB?Not a traditional FB.

Quesadilla Joe
08-30-2012, 01:49 PM

Hillis is not a lead blocker. The Chiefs can play him at FB and ask him to block if they want, but that is not his game. Hillis is just a really big HB.

Chiefnj2
08-30-2012, 01:50 PM
Holmes would not have been nearly as successful as he was in KC without Richardson.

saphojunkie
08-30-2012, 02:08 PM
Holmes would not have been nearly as successful as he was in KC without Richardson.

I totally agree, but there are two things to consider:

1. Neither Hillis nor Jamaal is Priest Holmes. In fact, I would say that BOTH are more talented and faster. Priest was so patient, knew exactly how to set up and follow blocks, and he happened to have Willie Roaf and T-rich as blockers.

2. No one in this league is Tony Richardson but Tony Richardson. Dude was special. Really, really special. Shane Bannon is not T Rich.

Sofa King
08-30-2012, 02:11 PM
Hillis is not a lead blocker. The Chiefs can play him at FB and ask him to block if they want, but that is not his game. Hillis is just a really big HB.

He may not be a lead blocker, but he is definitely a beast. He just had to escape that shithole Denver to prove it.

Chiefnj2
08-30-2012, 02:11 PM
I totally agree, but there are two things to consider:

1. Neither Hillis nor Jamaal is Priest Holmes. In fact, I would say that BOTH are more talented and faster. Priest was so patient, knew exactly how to set up and follow blocks, and he happened to have Willie Roaf and T-rich as blockers.

2. No one in this league is Tony Richardson but Tony Richardson. Dude was special. Really, really special. Shane Bannon is not T Rich.

You think Hillis is more talented and faster than Holmes was? Wow.

mcaj22
08-30-2012, 02:15 PM

what are you trying to prove with this GIF? that we need a Pro Bowl blocking FB? Because that's what Hillis has in that GIF. #47 Lawrence Vickers.

so yeah, if anything, we need a decent FB lol

Black Bob
08-30-2012, 02:20 PM
FB is a waste of a roster spot. Hillis can play FB when needed.

Then Hillis becomes a waste of talent. Just like McClain did last year. Also, to act like you can just put a TE in there is dumb. TE is not an easy position. It's a hybrid position. They have to know everything offensive tackles know and everything wide receivers know. Now you want to ask them to know everything FBs know? It's not as easy as it is on madden. It can be done but not with the snap of a finger. Also, I find that when you have a player doing that many things, he's not good at anything. You know why McCluster looks good this year? Because he is doing one thing instead of three imo.

mcaj22
08-30-2012, 02:22 PM
that's why Eric Berry is in harms way almost every play

instead of them having him do one thing, they have him do 500 things and he's just always getting cut blocked or beat on some crazy route because our craptastic CBs have no idea what they **** they are doing and the team puts Eric Berry in 500 places at once

Black Bob
08-30-2012, 02:28 PM
that's why Eric Berry is in harms way almost every play

instead of them having him do one thing, they have him do 500 things and he's just always getting cut blocked or beat on some crazy route because our craptastic CBs have no idea what they **** they are doing and the team puts Eric Berry in 500 places at once

I do worry a little that they will put to much on his plate. At Tennesee, he played SS, FS, CB, LB, PR, KR, WR, and even QB. He ran the option.

I wish they would just leave him at SS and let him react. He closes as fast as Polamalu did when he was young on running plays. I don't mind the occassional blitz but, I don't think we need to leave any of our corners on an island unless we have to.