PDA

View Full Version : Life Being Threatened at Work

Pages : [1] 2

TLO
08-09-2012, 12:43 PM
I need some advice here.

The other night at my workplace, I was involved in a verbal argument with a co-worker, (with my co-worker doing most of the yelling). He had an issue with the way I was doing something at work, and absolutely laid into me with a verbal assault laced with profanity.

I tried my best to ignore him, but he kept at it. Finally I turned around from my work, and told him to "shut the **** up". He got in my face, and said "this isn't over- we'll finish this in the parking lot after work".

Keep in mind I am about half his age, half his size, and he's the one yelling about how we will finish this after work. (Seems a little childish to me.) He stayed in my face for a minute or two yelling profanity, with no supervisors or any other co-workers stepping in to stop him.

I felt threatened enough that I left work, and even made a police report about the incident. (I want my bases covered in-case he ever does anything physical) The officer went into my work and warned the employee, and basically told him to back off, and that if he kept it up I could indeed press charges.

What is my next step here? I am trying to cover my ass because this worthless get me by job is just a temporary thing until I start my career. Is there any other actions I should take?

mikeyis4dcats.
08-09-2012, 12:44 PM
where in the hell do you work that this is tolerated?

In58men
08-09-2012, 12:44 PM
Sock a motherfucker in the face.

Bet you won't be threatened again.

The Franchise
08-09-2012, 12:45 PM

This.

I'd be having a meeting with my Supervisor about this.

Brock
08-09-2012, 12:45 PM
Sounds like you handled it about right.

TLO
08-09-2012, 12:46 PM
This.

I am. This afternoon. The first time I told my supervisors about it, they did nothing about it. Today I speak with people higher up in the company/

loochy
08-09-2012, 12:47 PM
This.

This.

Tell your management. They usually don't put up with that kind of crap.

BigMeatballDave

Yeah, this.

Molitoth
Are you working construction or what? It CAN'T be an office job...

BigRedChief
08-09-2012, 12:48 PM
where in the hell do you work that this is tolerated?If your account is true and witnessed by other co-workers, you own that guy and this company if they don't fire him. There are several appicable federal laws. You might make some money off this stupid ass company.

TLO
Sock a mother****er in the face.

Bet you won't be threatened again.

Trust me... He may have been twice my size, but I sure felt like it. Something in the back of my mind reminded me of my career, and how I really don't need a criminal charge on my record. I am very, very, surprised I kept my composure as well as I did.

Discuss Thrower
This.

Snitches get stitches /usual CP response.

HonestChieffan
Talk to HR and make sure they know you feel like you work in hostile environment...key words to HR and the company lawyer. Document everything.

Brock
I've seen stuff like this on a lot of construction jobs. The bosses seemed to think it was funny, even when somebody got punched.

BigMeatballDave
08-09-2012, 12:49 PM
The other dude should be fired.

If he is, he will likely try to come after you.

Good move notifying the police, in that case.

notorious
Supervisors need to get smacked down for not handling their job.

blaise
Yeah, you better tell the supervisors sooner than later, because he may be telling them some story right now, and if you go in after it might look like you're just doing it because he did.

TLO
08-09-2012, 12:50 PM
Are you working construction or what? It CAN'T be an office job...

It's a joke- my workplace I mean. I'm not going to put out the name of the company- but no it's not construction.

Brock
The other dude should be fired.

If he is, he will likely try to come after you.

Good move notifying the police, in that case.

Yep, at least they'll know who to arrest when they find the body. ROFL

Munson
Why the hell didn't any supervisors/managers step in? You should start by asking them why they didn't do anything to calm the situation. And have them make a report about what happened in case it happens again.

Also, be damn sure to report it to Human Resources. They'd be furious that management didn't do shit.

Next, get a different job. It seems like you work with a bunch of pussy co-workers and supervisors.

blaise
08-09-2012, 12:52 PM
When I worked at a restaurant the chefs would sometimes get all mad about something and start yelling and screaming, but I never heard one say they wanted to take it outside.

Demonpenz
08-09-2012, 12:52 PM
Depends if you are in St. Joseph or not. I know in St. Joseph I would probably change to a different shift so you are waking up and going to work when he is getting off. So you won't be tired. So just spot him in the parking lot Then you wait until he is getting unti his 89 Chevy pickup and knock on his glass. You can give him the Ole Southside Sandwhich once he rolls his window down (manually) Just try to grab him by his Sara Lee Lanyard and Just punch him over and over. If he tries to go to his gunrack to get his rifle it might be time to roll out of there. Other Wise you can stop punching him and see if he wants to get out and really rumble. Lots of times I get tired punching a guy through a truck window because it is hard to punch and Jump alittle bit and the dude is ususally trying to get away and he ends up in the passenger seat trying to kick with his feet. Make no mistake about it, you have kicked a hornets next when you do the truck punch. So when Earl Gets out of his pickup make sure he has time to put the cigs and coffee cups back on the dash before you fight. Now most people will go with heymakers because it looks awesome, I would recommend you go with the heymakers because most of the people including Rhonda will be out watching the fight by then. Win or Lose you are required to go to the Brown Bear Tavern and buy the boys around cause you "Still got it"

R8RFAN
08-09-2012, 12:53 PM
Where I work this guy would have been fired on the spot and if it was told to a supervisor and he didn't take action, he would have been fired on the spot as well.

TLO
I have been documenting every move. Wrote an e-mail to my supervisor right after the incident so the events were fresh in my mind and I could get everything written down. Sent the e-mail to the head HR person in the company as well.

BigMeatballDave
Yep, at least they'll know who to arrest when they find the body. ROFL

LOL

notorious
08-09-2012, 12:56 PM
When I worked at a restaurant the chefs would sometimes get all mad about something and start yelling and screaming, but I never heard one say they wanted to take it outside.

All restaurant cooks and chefs are like that.

Coolest of the cool, but boy can they throw a fit. LMAO

TLO
08-09-2012, 12:58 PM
Depends if you are in St. Joseph or not. I know in St. Joseph I would probably change to a different shift so you are waking up and going to work when he is getting off. So you won't be tired. So just spot him in the parking lot Then you wait until he is getting unti his 89 Chevy pickup and knock on his glass. You can give him the Ole Southside Sandwhich once he rolls his window down (manually) Just try to grab him by his Sara Lee Lanyard and Just punch him over and over. If he tries to go to his gunrack to get his rifle it might be time to roll out of there. Other Wise you can stop punching him and see if he wants to get out and really rumble. Lots of times I get tired punching a guy through a truck window because it is hard to punch and Jump alittle bit and the dude is ususally trying to get away and he ends up in the passenger seat trying to kick with his feet. Make no mistake about it, you have kicked a hornets next when you do the truck punch. So when Earl Gets out of his pickup make sure he has time to put the cigs and coffee cups back on the dash before you fight. Now most people will go with heymakers because it looks awesome, I would recommend you go with the heymakers because most of the people including Rhonda will be out watching the fight by then. Win or Lose you are required to go to the Brown Bear Tavern and buy the boys around cause you "Still got it"

Are you a lawyer? Or would you perhaps know someone in town that was?

seclark
08-09-2012, 12:59 PM
Are you a lawyer? Or would you perhaps know someone in town that was?

ROFL

Pablo
08-09-2012, 12:59 PM
Depends if you are in St. Joseph or not. I know in St. Joseph I would probably change to a different shift so you are waking up and going to work when he is getting off. So you won't be tired. So just spot him in the parking lot Then you wait until he is getting unti his 89 Chevy pickup and knock on his glass. You can give him the Ole Southside Sandwhich once he rolls his window down (manually) Just try to grab him by his Sara Lee Lanyard and Just punch him over and over. If he tries to go to his gunrack to get his rifle it might be time to roll out of there. Other Wise you can stop punching him and see if he wants to get out and really rumble. Lots of times I get tired punching a guy through a truck window because it is hard to punch and Jump alittle bit and the dude is ususally trying to get away and he ends up in the passenger seat trying to kick with his feet. Make no mistake about it, you have kicked a hornets next when you do the truck punch. So when Earl Gets out of his pickup make sure he has time to put the cigs and coffee cups back on the dash before you fight. Now most people will go with heymakers because it looks awesome, I would recommend you go with the heymakers because most of the people including Rhonda will be out watching the fight by then. Win or Lose you are required to go to the Brown Bear Tavern and buy the boys around cause you "Still got it"Just don't rip the pocket off Earl's denim shirt or he will beat the dog shit outta you with his Bubba keg.

Fish
08-09-2012, 01:02 PM
Does your apartment complex have an old Asian maintenance man?

bevischief
08-09-2012, 01:02 PM
What line of work are you currently working in?

TLO
08-09-2012, 01:04 PM
What line of work are you currently working in?

It's kind of a factory job. Basically a big production plant.

Micjones
08-09-2012, 01:04 PM
Have you spoken to your direct supervisor or HR about the issue?

KCUnited
08-09-2012, 01:05 PM
I'd talk to your sup about it.

In58men
08-09-2012, 01:06 PM
Trust me... He may have been twice my size, but I sure felt like it. Something in the back of my mind reminded me of my career, and how I really don't need a criminal charge on my record. I am very, very, surprised I kept my composure as well as I did.

hahah I feel like this at work quite a bit. I shake it off it too, had a few close calls, but my conscience told me not to.

Demonpenz
08-09-2012, 01:06 PM
If you ever want to go to the Southside festival again you need to settle this in the parking lot. Make sure you DON'T wear your good jeans. Use the jeans you are most likely to go water skiing in or to church in. Just swing first and know that that beer is going to taste really good. Now your only choice is what koosie do you choose "These colors don't run" or "Freedom isn't free"

TLO
08-09-2012, 01:07 PM
Have you spoken to your direct supervisor or HR about the issue?

I am having a meeting with 2 people a little further up the company ladder this afternoon.

I feel like resigning my position. I don't want to go back and face this guy or some of my co-workers.

TLO
08-09-2012, 01:08 PM
If you ever want to go to the Southside festival again you need to settle this in the parking lot. Make sure you DON'T wear your good jeans. Use the jeans you are most likely to go water skiing in or to church in. Just swing first and know that that beer is going to taste really good. Now your only choice is what koosie do you choose "These colors don't run" or "Freedom isn't free"

ROFL

bevischief
08-09-2012, 01:09 PM
I am having a meeting with 2 people a little further up the company ladder this afternoon.

I feel like resigning my position. I don't want to go back and face this guy or some of my co-workers.

Can you afford too?

crazycoffey
08-09-2012, 01:11 PM
You did as much as you can legally do to protect yourself, save getting a restraining order of sorts. More than likely he over reacted to something and started talking out of his ass. I'd bet he doesn't try it again.

Micjones
08-09-2012, 01:12 PM

Fuck that noise!
He's the one crossing the line here.

Have the meeting first and see how they plan to handle the situation.

Demonpenz
08-09-2012, 01:12 PM
What you do is you call this guy up on his cell phone and tell him that a new factory wants him and his skills. When he fills out his application bust in the door and tell him he's hired by the factory! THE FACTORY OF PAIN.

TLO
08-09-2012, 01:13 PM
Can you afford too?

Not really. But I can find another job while I wait for my career to get going. In fact I had a meeting with someone in my career field recently and was hoping that job would come through. I feel as though work is a hostile environment, and really don't want to subject myself to that any longer.

Just Passin' By
08-09-2012, 01:13 PM
http://ts3.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=4515192436492178&id=c17a443333ecf74a324daddb0adc13f2

CoMoChief
08-09-2012, 01:14 PM
So where were the supervisors when the cop showed up? Where they just like "eh, no big deal..." ??

R8RFAN
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c6/Brass_knuckles_dsc04623.jpg

bricks
I need some advice here.

The other night at my workplace, I was involved in a verbal argument with a co-worker, (with my co-worker doing most of the yelling). He had an issue with the way I was doing something at work, and absolutely laid into me with a verbal assault laced with profanity.

I tried my best to ignore him, but he kept at it. Finally I turned around from my work, and told him to "shut the **** up". He got in my face, and said "this isn't over- we'll finish this in the parking lot after work".

Keep in mind I am about half his age, half his size, and he's the one yelling about how we will finish this after work. (Seems a little childish to me.) He stayed in my face for a minute or two yelling profanity, with no supervisors or any other co-workers stepping in to stop him.

I felt threatened enough that I left work, and even made a police report about the incident. (I want my bases covered in-case he ever does anything physical) The officer went into my work and warned the employee, and basically told him to back off, and that if he kept it up I could indeed press charges.

What is my next step here? I am trying to cover my ass because this worthless get me by job is just a temporary thing until I start my career. Is there any other actions I should take?

I feel your pain.

Hang in there.

If he crosses the line with you again, you should file harassment charges against him.

Demonpenz
08-09-2012, 01:15 PM
I remember one time doing some 2nd shift thumping. I figured I really lay a whoopin on this dude cause he played JV Football and I was all-district. It turned into a real wrestling match and Rhonda had her cell phone out. Her camera was one of those flip phones so it didn't have good quality of the Beating I was laying down, it just looked like we were doing something homo-erotic. So Rhonda tags me in facebook with me in this fight with this dude and just comments "Demonpenz likes dudes" (It got 4 likes) so my proud moment turned sour on me.

CoMoChief
08-09-2012, 01:16 PM

The guy sounds like a blow hard. I wouldn't have any issue at all going back to work.

If you don't mind me asking....what exactly did you do to piss him off? Obviously blowing up like that at the workplace should never be tolerated, but did he have a legitimate reason to be pissed off?

TLO
08-09-2012, 01:16 PM
So where were the supervisors when the cop showed up? Where they just like "eh, no big deal..." ??

I was gone at that point. I let the cop in the door, told him where to find my co-worker, and left. Though I have spoken to another person who works with me and said that when the cop showed up and talked to him, he claimed "I don't recall threatening him".

Lumpy
08-09-2012, 01:17 PM

No need to resign. If they refuse to fire this guy, just start punching yourself in the face. I can almost guarantee you that they'll send your ass home w/ a computer and you'll continue to receive a paycheck. Just think about it... you'll have more time to organize your fight club and make soap out of fat.

Seriously though, it sounds like you have a good handle on the situation. I would just wait to see what happens in the meeting.

TLO
The guy sounds like a blow hard. I wouldn't have any issue at all going back to work.

If you don't mind me asking....what exactly did you do to piss him off? Obviously blowing up like that at the workplace should never be tolerated, but did he have a legitimate reason to be pissed off?

I took a bathroom break.

No seriously...

BigMeatballDave

What can he do?

I mean, if he harms you, you're gonna own a piece of the company.

In58men
08-09-2012, 01:18 PM
Nobody likes a snitch. I'd confront him after hours. Doesn't mean you want to fight him, just ask him what his problem is.

BigMeatballDave
08-09-2012, 01:18 PM
No need to resign. If they refuse to fire this guy, just start punching yourself in the face. I can almost guarantee you that they'll send your ass home w/ a computer and you'll continue to receive a paycheck. Just think about it... you'll have more time to organize your fight club and make soap out of fat.

Seriously though, it sounds like you have a good handle on the situation. I would just wait to see what happens in the meeting.

LMAO

Demonpenz
08-09-2012, 01:19 PM
I think what helps alot is getting pumped up for the fight. You should probably borrow my VHS of "Urban Cowboy" that is crudely taped off of TBS and fast forward it to when he fights the guy in the fishnet shirt. Then I will burn you a copy of the theme song to WWF superstar Stone Cold Steve austin. I will put the track on the CD-R 15 times so you can listen to it for the full 70 minutes. Just remember the stunner isn't really effective in a parking lot situation or cage match.

BigMeatballDave
08-09-2012, 01:19 PM
Nobody likes a snitch. I'd confront him after hours. Doesn't mean you want to fight him, just ask him what his problem is.

:facepalm:

CoMoChief
08-09-2012, 01:20 PM
I took a bathroom break.

No seriously...

Was he pissed tht you take a lot of bathroom breaks and don't work or something?

TLO

I completely understand what you mean. That's why I was so resistant to call the police. I just felt like nobody else was taking this seriously, so I needed to show them I was serious.

At this point in no way shape or form do I want to see or talk to him after work.

Demonpenz
What can he do?

I mean, if he harms you, you're gonna own a piece of the company.

If he works at Johnson Controls or Blue-Side tanning you have to be a hardass to work there. You can't be any geek of the street. You have to be handy with the fists.

In58men
08-09-2012, 01:21 PM

It worked for my like 2-3 times. We handled it like adults. There was no fighting or cussing. They end up being some of the best co-workers. Go ahead and assume the worst.

Lzen

That sounds like a great plan. :doh!:

BigRedChief
Nobody likes a snitch. I'd confront him after hours. Doesn't mean you want to fight him, just ask him what his problem is.dude, whats your problem? Quit trolling the guy.

Micjones
I remember one time doing some 2nd shift thumping. I figured I really lay a whoopin on this dude cause he played JV Football and I was all-district. It turned into a real wrestling match and Rhonda had her cell phone out. Her camera was one of those flip phones so it didn't have good quality of the Beating I was laying down, it just looked like we were doing something homo-erotic. So Rhonda tags me in facebook with me in this fight with this dude and just comments "Demonpenz likes dudes" (It got 4 likes) so my proud moment turned sour on me.

ROFL

Lzen
Demonpenz wins this thread!

Brock

This isn't the yard at Pelican Bay. It's a business, where people are supposed to act like a professional.

TLO
08-09-2012, 01:22 PM
Was he pissed tht you take a lot of bathroom breaks and don't work or something?

Something along those lines- but not exactly. He basically blew up about nothing. He claimed I was a no good little punk ass bitch, fucking worthless, just pointless random insults really.

Demonpenz
08-09-2012, 01:23 PM
Seriously if I was a supervisor at some of these factories in St. Joseph I would fire you on spot for not atleast showing up to fight. When we are down 3 men because of a machine accident, and I got Osha breathing down my neck and it is hour 12 of your 12 hour shift. Do I want a weak ass sissy on the line that is complaining about a fight? I want a person who is going to go to the bathroom, take a hit of Meth....and do his job.

splatbass
08-09-2012, 01:24 PM

It isn't junior high. He needs to go through proper channels to protect his legal rights. A company can be held liable if they allow a hostile work environment (this is why most large companies have yearly training on it). If he escalates it instead of following proper procedure he can screw any legal case he has.

Brock
Something along those lines- but not exactly. He basically blew up about nothing. He claimed I was a no good little punk ass bitch, fucking worthless, just pointless random insults really.

Do you wonder if this is a widely held opinion of you?

BigRedChief
I completely understand what you mean. That's why I was so resistant to call the police. I just felt like nobody else was taking this seriously, so I needed to show them I was serious.

At this point in no way shape or form do I want to see or talk to him after work.Don't be an idiot. Inmem58 is trolling you. There is no one in their right mind that would approach your problem like that. It's the absolute best way to escalate the situation and also take off the table your high ground.

Swanman
08-09-2012, 01:25 PM

He didn't courtesy flush. That pisses me off too.

LOCOChief
What you do is you call this guy up on his cell phone and tell him that a new factory wants him and his skills. When he fills out his application bust in the door and tell him he's hired by the factory! THE FACTORY OF PAIN.

ROFL

Reerun_KC
where in the hell do you work that this is tolerated?Chiefsplanet?

HemiEd
08-09-2012, 01:26 PM
It's a joke- my workplace I mean. I'm not going to put out the name of the company- but no it's not construction.

Do you suck real bad at your job?

TLO
08-09-2012, 01:27 PM
Do you wonder if this is a widely held opinion of you?

It's not. I am a hard worker and do my job just as well as anyone else there. I am certain outside of 1 or 2 people that they group as a whole knows I am a good worker.

splatbass
08-09-2012, 01:27 PM

It doesn't matter. Yelling at and threatening a coworker is still not justified even if they are a lousy worker.

TLO
08-09-2012, 01:28 PM

No. Not at all. Do I want to do this kind of work for the rest of my life? No. But am I a competent worker- yes.

Fish
08-09-2012, 01:28 PM

I'm sensing that there might be more to this story....

Reerun_KC
08-09-2012, 01:29 PM
I guess we know what happened to Hamas Jenkins...

BigRedChief
08-09-2012, 01:31 PM
I guess we know what happened to Hamas Jenkins...:thumb:

Just Passin' By
08-09-2012, 01:31 PM

Maybe MTG is the coworker

Lumpy
08-09-2012, 01:32 PM
Maybe Dane is the coworker

FYP

Bowser
08-09-2012, 01:32 PM
You say you're half his age, which means he potentially has a daughter about your age....

http://zipmeme.com/uploads/generated/g1339555353309728966.jpg

Demonpenz
08-09-2012, 01:34 PM
I remember when I worked loading lumber for Payless Cashways in St. Joe.... Me and Jesse just weren't getting along one day and the heat was getting to use outside. Well I let a little comment go at him that didn't set right. Jesse went out to his truck to take a swig of beer to get rid of the hangover from the night before, when he turned on the radio for half a second I heard he was playing some Garth. Well he came back and we were loading some stuff and I said "Garth is for queers" under my breath. He and I started fighting and he gave me a wedgie so bad it ripped my underwear off and he threw my underwear on the roof. Everyone laughed at me, he then went into my car and Broke my "Party to go Vol 1" album I bought at Caseys General Store. I was slightly embarrassed but no need to call the cops.

TLO
08-09-2012, 01:35 PM
You say you're half his age, which means he potentially has a daughter about your age....

http://zipmeme.com/uploads/generated/g1339555353309728966.jpg

Heh. Actually...

LOCOChief
pics of the guys daughter?

TLO

Explain

In58men
08-09-2012, 01:36 PM
This isn't the yard at Pelican Bay. It's a business, where people are supposed to act like a professional.

Oh sorry I never ran to a supervisor. I try to resolve the problem myself. It's worked out for me all these years. Never got into a physical argument at work nor a fight.

stonedstooge
08-09-2012, 01:36 PM
Are you boinking his old lady?

GordonGekko
08-09-2012, 01:37 PM
I remember when I worked loading lumber for Payless Cashways in St. Joe.... Me and Jesse just weren't getting along one day and the heat was getting to use outside. Well I let a little comment go at him that didn't set right. Jesse went out to his truck to take a swig of beer to get rid of the hangover from the night before, when he turned on the radio for half a second I heard he was playing some Garth. Well he came back and we were loading some stuff and I said "Garth is for queers" under my breath. He and I started fighting and he gave me a wedgie so bad it ripped my underwear off and he threw my underwear on the roof. Everyone laughed at me, he then went into my car and Broke my "Party to go Vol 1" album I bought at Caseys General Store. I was slightly embarrassed but no need to call the cops.

What is this shit?

Demonpenz
Lots of times in St. Joseph people won't start crap with their family around. So if you are going to do some thumping don't like go to Bob Evans looking for him. Especially on Big Bisket Thursdays. There are rules to the game.

HemiEd
It doesn't matter. Yelling at and threatening a coworker is still not justified even if they are a lousy worker.

Yeah I know, but I am trying to get my arms around why the supervisors didn't jump in.

You know, understand a little better about what happened?

I have had crap employees push me to the brink of wanting to do more than this guy, but I have to watch what I say.

TLO
08-09-2012, 01:38 PM
There really is nothing more to the story. I got the sense the guy didn't like me- but he never gave me a reason why. Yes this really was over me taking a bathroom break, while "nobody else was taking a bathroom break!"

Brock
08-09-2012, 01:39 PM
Oh sorry I never ran to a supervisor. I try to resolve the problem myself. It's worked out for me all these years. Never got into a physical argument at work nor a fight.

cool story, bro.

R8RFAN
There really is nothing more to the story. I got the sense the guy didn't like me- but he never gave me a reason why. Yes this really was over me taking a bathroom break, while "nobody else was taking a bathroom break!"

You a long haired hippy type?

TLO
Yeah I know, but I am trying to get my arms around why the supervisors didn't jump in.

You know, understand a little better about what happened?

I have had crap employees push me to the brink of wanting to do more than this guy, but I have to watch what I say.

Supervisors weren't in the area. Though they said they heard shouting- but failed to come out of the office and see what was going on. :banghead::banghead:

Bowser

Go piss at his station next time, then tell him you did it to save time getting back to YOUR station so you can be a productive employee.

Demonpenz
08-09-2012, 01:40 PM
Is it hot enough at this plant that you can piss your jeans and it dry up? Honestly if you are coming off the line so much that it is hurting the boys you should probably just go there, or see if regulations approve you wearing a cathater.

Brock
What is this shit?

The best thing about this thread.

HemiEd
No. Not at all. Do I want to do this kind of work for the rest of my life? No. But am I a competent worker- yes.

Then it makes absolutely no sense why the Supervisors didn't step in and they should all be reprimanded. If they heard shouting, they should have checked it out.

There are times when circumstances protect a really crappy employee and everyone just wants them gone, but that isn't you.

GordonGekko
It's not. I am a hard worker and do my job just as well as anyone else there. I am certain outside of 1 or 2 people that they group as a whole knows I am a good worker.

HR and the higher ups are going to deal with this, but you are probably not going to come out of this with a gold medal. It's going to be bad for both of you.

LOCOChief

Wait, he didn't catch you sitting down to pee?

TLO
You a long haired hippy type?

You know I'm not.... But one of my main floor supervisors had a pony tail, and one looks like a caveman. Both are Male.

ModSocks
08-09-2012, 01:42 PM
You do know there is only 1 way to handle this, right?

http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/7162/rectangularfoldingtable.jpg

http://img860.imageshack.us/img860/3748/glamgrade2aluminumladde.jpg

http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/1842/chairhi.jpg

Fish
08-09-2012, 01:43 PM
Explain

I don't believe you when you say this fella exploded over nothing. I don't know you, so forgive the harsh extrapolation, but your story doesn't jibe....

Demonpenz
I used to get the 100 oz Bladder Buster filled with mountain lighting (the wal-mart mountain dew) and get some Pork skins before going to work. I eventually had to downsize to the 64 oz cup because I was pissing so much it was costing us time on the job.

Bump
I am. This afternoon. The first time I told my supervisors about it, they did nothing about it. Today I speak with people higher up in the company/

they did nothing? What kind of company is it? I've never worked in a place where that would be tolerated. But you are right to go over their heads, I'm sure the higher ups will take action and probably reprimand your immediate bosses.

R8RFAN
You know I'm not.... But one of my main floor supervisors had a pony tail, and one looks like a caveman. Both are Male.

There is always some jackass wanting to play the alpha male role....

ModSocks

and this....

Brock
I don't believe you when you say this fella exploded over nothing. I don't know you, so forgive the harsh extrapolation, but your story doesn't jibe....

It's not unbelievable. There are assholes everywhere.

GordonGekko
08-09-2012, 01:44 PM
You do know there is only 1 way to handle this, right?

http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/7162/rectangularfoldingtable.jpg

http://img860.imageshack.us/img860/3748/glamgrade2aluminumladde.jpg

http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/1842/chairhi.jpg

Looks like you list 3 ways here.

Or you mean, first the table, the ladder, and then the chair as all one combined action?

ModSocks
08-09-2012, 01:44 PM

But most assholes don't go on 5 minute tirades for no particular reason.

TLO
08-09-2012, 01:45 PM

I understand. But all I can tell you is that honestly he did. You never know someones mental state, plus alcohol or drugs could be in play....

Bowser
You work up by the airport, don't you?

Brock

I had a guy do something very similar to this because I put some trash in "his" trash can at work.

Bowser

Really? I want to work where you work.

Fish

No it's certainly not unbelievable. But spidey sense says BS after listening to his account.....

ModSocks
Or you mean, first the table, the ladder, and then the chair as all one combined action?

;)

cdcox
08-09-2012, 01:46 PM
Here's how you handle this. He pulls a knife, you pull a gun. He sends you to the hospital, you send him to the morgue! That's the Chiefsplanet way and that's how you handle this.

bricks
08-09-2012, 01:46 PM
Something along those lines- but not exactly. He basically blew up about nothing. He claimed I was a no good little punk ass bitch, ****ing worthless, just pointless random insults really.

Even if you are at fault, he doesn't have the right to talk to you that way.

This is the workforce and things should be professional. Should be anyway.

Anything that involves name calling, criticizing, put downs or blaming others is verbal abuse and a form of harassment.

I hope this guy doesn't interfere with your positive emotional development or sabotage your self esteem. Because that's what those type of guys can do to some people and its just not right.

Listen up bro, you don't need that crap. Nobody does. Verbal abuse is just not cool. I think you are approaching this the right way and have it going for you by calling the cops on this guy and giving him a warning.

You have a case for yourself and you will prevail in the long run if this guy chooses to cross the line with you.

*I wish you nothing but the best out of this situation. Good Luck.

ModSocks
08-09-2012, 01:47 PM
Really? I want to work where you work.

heh. Maybe you do. My boss was a screamer back in the day.....i mean, like the kind of shit you see on T.V when you watch those Hot Rod building T.V shows.

But it was always because someone fucked up royally.

TLO
08-09-2012, 01:47 PM

Think of someone who looks constipated all the time, complains a lot, his best days of his life were in High School when he was a borderline decent athlete, and is 40 something years old working at a shithole job. I'd probably turn into an asshole too.

Demonpenz
08-09-2012, 01:48 PM
If I was the supervisor in this sitatution I would tell you "Boys will be boys" and tell you to get back to work and stop pissing so much. I can't find an english speaking person to replace earl tough guy.

TLO
08-09-2012, 01:48 PM
I am off to the meeting with my supervisors. Will give an update when I return

Fish
08-09-2012, 01:49 PM
I understand. But all I can tell you is that honestly he did. You never know someones mental state, plus alcohol or drugs could be in play....

Then there's something in the situation that you're missing. There's no logical chronological pattern here that makes any sense.

KCUnited
You play quarterback for the Chiefs don't you?

GordonGekko
;)

Gotcha!

The only thing he might have trouble finding in the office is the ladder, but I'm sure he can manage to find one.

ModSocks
08-09-2012, 01:53 PM
Here's how you handle this. He pulls a knife, you pull a gun. He sends you to the hospital, you send him to the morgue! That's the Chiefsplanet way and that's how you handle this.

Wow. Are you serious? That's the advice you give this guy? Fuck that.

Here is how you handle this situation:

1st: Wait till he grabs the mic and starts talking shit about how he's the best employee and can kick anyone's ass.

2nd: Make a snappy appearance. Give your fellow co workers a chance to cheer you on for a bit. Try flicking the lights on and off for added dramatics, then stand on the table and throw your arms in the air, maybe throw up a couple of peace signs.

3rd: Stand up to him, and tell your co-workers how you are the greatest employee ever.

4th: When he's in shock and searching for a rebuttal, grab a steel chair and crack him up side the head with it. Then grab his name tag and lay it across his face.

5th: Climb to the highest stair and do an elbow drop, smashing his nametag into his face.

6: Walk out like a pimp. Maybe flex a couple of times.

you're welcome.

Reerun_KC
08-09-2012, 01:53 PM

You must be new to CP...

Bowser
08-09-2012, 01:54 PM

/thread

Setsuna
08-09-2012, 01:55 PM
LLOYD!!!! SHE IS Superman!!!!!!!!!!!!1

oops

crazycoffey
08-09-2012, 01:55 PM

ROFL

Bowser
08-09-2012, 01:56 PM
Wow. Are you serious? That's the advice you give this guy? Fuck that.

Here is how you handle this situation:

1st: Wait till he grabs the mic and starts talking shit about how he's the best employee and can kick anyone's ass.

2nd: Make a snappy appearance. Give your fellow co workers a chance to cheer you on for a bit. Try flicking the lights on and off for added dramatics, then stand on the table and throw your arms in the air, maybe throw up a couple of peace signs.

3rd: Stand up to him, and tell your co-workers how you are the greatest employee ever.

4th: When he's in shock and searching for a rebuttal, grab a steel chair and crack him up side the head with it. Then grab his name tag and lay it across his face.

5th: Climb to the highest stair and do an elbow drop, smashing his nametag into his face.

6: Walk out like a pimp. Maybe flex a couple of times.

you're welcome.

Untouchables Advice >>>>>>>>>>>> Fake Ass Wrestling Advice, even if he does have "Macho Man" embroidered on his speedos, nttiawwt.

Neg rep yourself.

ModSocks
08-09-2012, 01:57 PM
Untouchables Advice >>>>>>>>>>>> Fake Ass Wrestling Advice, even if he does have "Macho Man" embroidered on his speedos, nttiawwt.

Neg rep yourself.

You have no style. But i like your speedo's idea. I think i just might get myself a pair.

splatbass
08-09-2012, 02:07 PM

I've seen it happen. Maybe this asshole had something going on in his life that left him ready to snap at the slightest provocation. A divorce, financial problems, lots of things could put someone that is already prone to being an asshole into a situation where they lose their temper over nothing and take their problems out on someone else. It happens all the time.

splatbass
08-09-2012, 02:09 PM
heh. Maybe you do. My boss was a screamer back in the day.....i mean, like the kind of shit you see on T.V when you watch those Hot Rod building T.V shows.

But it was always because someone ****ed up royally.

That is not an excuse.

vailpass
08-09-2012, 02:16 PM

Don't tell that here, tell it to your attorney.

vailpass
08-09-2012, 02:17 PM
What is this shit?

n00b

ModSocks
08-09-2012, 02:22 PM
That is not an excuse.

But it's reality.

Shops like ours don't have a PR department that we can just go and cry to.

Don't wanna get chewed out by the owner? Then do you're job right.

Fish
08-09-2012, 02:28 PM

If you did nothing wrong, and the guy exploded over nothing, why would you feel that way? I don't understand that. Are you just a really passive person? Nothing wrong with that, just trying to make sense of it...

splatbass
08-09-2012, 02:36 PM
But it's reality.

Shops like ours don't have a PR department that we can just go and cry to.

Don't wanna get chewed out by the owner? Then do you're job right.

I would find a real job, instead of working for an asshole. Then I would sue for creating a hostile work environment, which is a violation of the law.

Maybe if you would get enough education to know the difference between "you're" and "your" you might be able to get a better job.

vailpass
08-09-2012, 02:37 PM
I would find a real job, instead of working for an asshole. Then I would sue for creating a hostile work environment, which is a violation of the law.

Maybe if you would get enough education to know the difference between "you're" and "your" you might be able to get a better job.

You have the order actions reversed.

Demonpenz
08-09-2012, 02:39 PM
Is this guy Mikey off of orange county choppers? /2007 reference

Imon Yourside
08-09-2012, 02:41 PM
I would have fired him on the spot, but that's just me. I don't tolerate that stuff.

Brock
08-09-2012, 02:43 PM

Not everybody gets their panties in a wad over a little yelling.

KCUnited
08-09-2012, 02:44 PM
So Thomas Jones is working 2nd shift up by the airport, huh?

ModSocks
08-09-2012, 02:50 PM

You sound like a bitch.

Trying to take shots at my intelligence and inferring that i should find a "real Job" is a pathetic cheap shot. Our shop has been on Magazine covers, T.V shows and world wide trade events. So FUCK YOU

"sue for creating a hostile work environment" ROFL ROFL ROFL

Im going to guess you've never done manual labor in your life and depend on the system to make you feel nice and cozy.

LiveSteam
08-09-2012, 02:51 PM
I bet they fire both of you & problem solved.

vailpass
08-09-2012, 02:53 PM

I'll bet this turns into an employee relations issue and HR completes an investigation that results in documented counseling for the aggressing employee and reassignment for the employee who filed the complaint.

Demonpenz
08-09-2012, 02:56 PM
Widget Company proudly presents this presentation of "You in the Workpace"
What is acceptable and what isn't. The do's and don't

Has this ever happened to you? *Scene from the floor at Widget Company"

Dude1: Imma gunna piss my jeans if I don't piss soon
Dude2: Better not leave or yur gunna get a thumpin
Dude1: *pulls laptop out to consult world wide web chiefsplanet.com*

Buehler445
08-09-2012, 02:58 PM
Get some boobs involved. Everything is better with boobs.

http://www.motivationals.org/demotivational-posters/demotivational-poster-15723.jpg

Demonpenz
08-09-2012, 02:58 PM
I wish Rainman was here to tell us how he would defuse the situation. He would probably spin yarn about how he just got done Taping up the bridge of his glasses and he doesn't want violence to cause him specticle harm.

Marcellus
08-09-2012, 03:07 PM

Firing an employee after they report a hostile work environment would open the company up to a major law suit so I seriously doubt that's what happens. If the company has half a brain anyway.

Just Passin' By
08-09-2012, 03:08 PM

You seriously think you'd have a case for "hostile work environment" based upon one confrontation which was not about any of the trigger reasons (sex, race, etc...)?

suds79
08-09-2012, 03:11 PM
You've got to give us more to the story.

What was exactly said. I'm just curious. Because how you explained it simply doesn't make sense.

"He had an issue with the way I was doing something at work, and absolutely laid into me with a verbal assault laced with profanity."

Just find it hard to believe that you did something wrong in your work to set a guy off on this long profanity laced assault with people watching and you apparently saying nothing until the very end.

Fill us in.

griZZly64
08-09-2012, 03:11 PM
grow some balls lol.. if you dont want to fight him let him know that. callign the cops and all that nonsense? come on. thats so female its not even funny. S-O-F-T

vailpass
08-09-2012, 03:12 PM
You seriously think you'd have a case for "hostile work environment" based upon one confrontation which was not about any of the trigger reasons (sex, race, etc...)?

More likely to go with failure to adequately protect against violence in the work place under a knew or should have known umbrella with the employer being liable for the resulting environment.

griZZly64
08-09-2012, 03:14 PM
Don't tell that here, tell it to your attorney.

So this is what the world has come to? Dude gets in your face and moments later you're on the cell with your attorney. Give me a fuckin break. I mean really.

Dayze
08-09-2012, 03:14 PM
PM MoHillbilly to have him meet you there.

ModSocks
08-09-2012, 03:17 PM
More likely to go with failure to adequately protect against violence in the work place under a knew or should have known umbrella with the employer being liable for the resulting environment.

"Violence in the work place"?????

When did i ever say there was violence in the workplace?

splatbass
08-09-2012, 03:18 PM
You sound like a bitch.

Trying to take shots at my intelligence and inferring that i should find a "real Job" is a pathetic cheap shot. Our shop has been on Magazine covers, T.V shows and world wide trade events. So **** YOU

"sue for creating a hostile work environment" ROFL ROFL ROFL

Im going to guess you've never done manual labor in your life and depend on the system to make you feel nice and cozy.

I have done manual labor, and had shitty bosses. That is why I went to school, so I wouldn't have to lose my self-respect working for an asshole that yells all the time.

I don't really give a shit what magazines you've been in. Big fucking deal.

vailpass
"Violence in the work place"?????

When did i ever say there was violence in the workplace?

Not talking about you D., was talking about the OP. Sorry if I missed something here.

ModSocks
So this is what the world has come to? Dude gets in your face and moments later you're on the cell with your attorney. Give me a ****in break. I mean really.

It's an evolving culture where men don't handle their business like men anymore.

Instead we sue because they yell at us!

That's a much better alternative than just doing your job right.

Dayze
08-09-2012, 03:19 PM
have a dance off .....West-Side STory style

splatbass
08-09-2012, 03:21 PM

Yes. Sex, race, etc., are not requirements for a hostile work environment, harassment for those things is a separate issue. Do you seriously think that only minorities and women can file a complaint about a hostile work environment?

Demonpenz
08-09-2012, 03:21 PM
I have done manual labor, and had shitty bosses. That is why I went to school, so I wouldn't have to lose my self-respect working for an asshole that yells all the time.

I don't really give a shit what magazines you've been in. Big ****ing deal.

sounds like you are doing well for yourself.

suds79
08-09-2012, 03:22 PM

This is really unbelievable. Not trying to pretend to be tough guy here because I'm not but come on man. At some point you've got to stand up for yourself.

Can't quit and run. From your story you did nothing wrong. You going to let this guy make you quit?

Wouldn't your co-workers be on your side on this? Weird if they aren't. (ie - not getting the full story or you're really unliked at work)

ModSocks
08-09-2012, 03:22 PM

I don't really give a shit what magazines you've been in. Big ****ing deal.

Yells all the time??? LOL.

And why do you keep inferring that i DIDN'T go to school? Because i mis-typed on a forum?

Sorry, but you still sound like a bitch.

Losing self respect because someone yelled at you for not doing your job right..... :rolleyes:

Talk about being a pussy....

splatbass
08-09-2012, 03:24 PM
sounds like you are doing well for yourself.

I'm doing ok. No complaints. I work with adults who act professional. I get paid well. I enjoy my job. I get to travel a lot internationally as well as within the US. Is it perfect? No job is. But it is very good.

splatbass
08-09-2012, 03:26 PM
Yells all the time??? LOL.

And why do you keep inferring that i DIDN'T go to school? Because i mis-typed on a forum?

Sorry, but you still sound like a bitch.

Losing self respect because someone yelled at you for not doing your job right..... :rolleyes:

Talk about being a pussy....

Right, internet tough guy. :facepalm:

Hint: people with self-respect don't need to always act like tough guys.

ChiTown
08-09-2012, 03:29 PM
ROFL

At this entire thread.

Demonpenz
08-09-2012, 03:29 PM
I'm doing ok. No complaints. I work with adults who act professional. I get paid well. I enjoy my job. I get to travel a lot internationally as well as within the US. Is it perfect? No job is. But it is very good.

That is good. We were all rooting for you.

Demonpenz
08-09-2012, 03:30 PM
Are you the sound tech for Randy Travis?

J Diddy
08-09-2012, 03:30 PM

Those are discrimination triggers. Discrimination and hostile work environment are not the exact same thing, with the definition of a hostile work environment being : A hostile work environment exists when an employee experiences workplace harassment and fears going to work because of the offensive, intimidating, or oppressive atmosphere generated by the harasser.

I think those conditions are being met in this case as well as assault.

ChiTown
08-09-2012, 03:31 PM
Are you the sound tech for Randy Travis?

:LOL:

ModSocks
08-09-2012, 03:31 PM
Right, internet tough guy. :facepalm:

Hint: people with self-respect don't need to always act like tough guys.

Who is acting like a tough guy?

Stating that being chewed out and not taking it personally = acting like a tough guy now?

If a man who has been at his craft for 30+ years is teaching you his ways and yells at you for ****ing up, im not gonna go cry in a corner. Im going to listen and do my best to do better next time, then we're back to being friends again.

That has nothing to do with being a tough guy and everything to do with not acting like a bitch about it.

Just Passin' By
08-09-2012, 03:33 PM
Yes. Sex, race, etc., are not requirements for a hostile work environment, harassment for those things is a separate issue. Do you seriously think that only minorities and women can file a complaint about a hostile work environment?

You seem to have missed the "etc...". Here's an oldie, but a goodie:

A. The Formal Definition of "Harassment"

The first place to look in determining the scope of harassment law, of course, is the legal definition of "harassment." Speech can be punished as workplace harassment if it's

"severe or pervasive" enough to

create a "hostile or abusive work environment"

based on race, religion, sex, national origin, 1 age, disability (including obesity), 2 military membership or veteran status, 3 or, in some jurisdictions, sexual orientation, marital status, 4 transsexualism or cross-dressing, 5 political affiliation, 6 criminal record, 7 prior psychiatric treatment, 8 occupation, 9 citizenship status, 10 personal appearance, 11 "matriculation," 12 tobacco use outside work, 13 Appalachian origin, 14 receipt of public assistance, 15 or dishonorable discharge from the military 16

for the plaintiff and for a reasonable person.

http://www2.law.ucla.edu/volokh/harass/breadth.htm

Here's another look from more recent times:

http://lawdigitalcommons.bc.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=2339&context=bclr&sei-redir=1&referer=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.yahoo.com%2Fsearch%3Fp%3Dhostile%2Bwork%2Benvironment%2Brequirements%2Bs evere%2Bpervasive%26ei%3DUTF-8%26fr%3Dmoz35#search=%22hostile%20work%20environment%20requirements%20severe%20pervasive%22

Things have evolved since then, but you should be able to get the point.

TLO
08-09-2012, 03:34 PM
Back from my meeting. I resigned from my postion. They acted as if the incident was no big deal, and seemed to be trying to sweep it under the rug. They wouldn't give me any details of the action they took against him, though they did say he was talked to. I'm thinking it may be time to seek some legal advice.

Demonpenz
08-09-2012, 03:35 PM
Back from my meeting. I resigned from my postion. They acted as if the incident was no big deal, and seemed to be trying to sweep it under the rug. They wouldn't give me any details of the action they took against him, though they did say he was talked to. I'm thinking it may be time to seek some legal advice.

sorry for your loss.

J Diddy
08-09-2012, 03:35 PM
It's an evolving culture where men don't handle their business like men anymore.

Instead we sue because they yell at us!

That's a much better alternative than just doing your job right.

That's a bunch of cow manure. Some guy threatens me and I have 2 solutions: Shut up and take it or fight the guy "like a man." What if the guy is twice my size and a bad ass motherfucker and I was raised to use my head and not my fists? He should dictate the situation?

Furthermore, there's a big difference between criticism and verbal abuse. I know not of your education, but you sure are talking like you don't have much here.

splatbass
08-09-2012, 03:36 PM
Who is acting like a tough guy?

Stating that being chewed out and not taking it personally = acting like a tough guy now?

If a man who has been at his craft for 30+ years is teaching you his ways and yells at you for ****ing up, im not gonna go cry in a corner. Im going to listen and do my best to do better next time, then we're back to being friends again.

That has nothing to do with being a tough guy and everything to do with not acting like a bitch about it.

If the guy can't teach you without yelling at you he is an asshole. I've been doing my job for 28 years and when I teach someone I don't yell at them for doing it wrong.

ModSocks
08-09-2012, 03:37 PM
That's a bunch of cow manure. Some guy threatens me and I have 2 solutions: Shut up and take it or fight the guy "like a man." What if the guy is twice my size and a bad ass mother****er and I was raised to use my head and not my fists? He should dictate the situation?

Furthermore, there's a big difference between criticism and verbal abuse. I know not of your education, but you sure are talking like you don't have much here.

We're not talking about the same thing. My statement wasn't about the OP or being physically threatened.

Buehler445

First thing you need to do is find another job, broseph.

TLO
If you did nothing wrong, and the guy exploded over nothing, why would you feel that way? I don't understand that. Are you just a really passive person? Nothing wrong with that, just trying to make sense of it...

Yes. I am passive. Also this guy is twice my size and appears to have anger issues. I'm not sure why you feel like I am leaving out part of the story- I assure you I am not. I'm considering posting the e-mail I sent to my supervisor after the incident to show you EXACTLY what I am talking about, but not sure if I should for legal reasons if I do decide to seek legal action.

TLO
08-09-2012, 03:38 PM
First thing you need to do is find another job, broseph.

Already applying places. I have enough saved up I don't need to panic right away though.

J Diddy
08-09-2012, 03:39 PM
You seem to have missed the "etc...". Here's an oldie, but a goodie:

http://www2.law.ucla.edu/volokh/harass/breadth.htm

Here's another look from more recent times:

http://lawdigitalcommons.bc.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=2339&context=bclr&sei-redir=1&referer=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.yahoo.com%2Fsearch%3Fp%3Dhostile%2Bwork%2Benvironment%2Brequirements%2Bs evere%2Bpervasive%26ei%3DUTF-8%26fr%3Dmoz35#search=%22hostile%20work%20environment%20requirements%20severe%20pervasive%22

Things have evolved since then, but you should be able to get the point.

Here is the current definitionfrom the Department of labor website.

http://www.dol.gov/oasam/programs/crc/2011-workplace-harassment.htm

Hostile Work Environment Harassment

A hostile environment can result from the unwelcome conduct of supervisors, co-workers, customers, contractors, or anyone else with whom the victim interacts on the job, and the unwelcome conduct renders the workplace atmosphere intimidating, hostile, or offensive.

Examples of behaviors that may contribute to an unlawful hostile environment include:

discussing sexual activities;
telling off-color jokes concerning race, sex, disability, or other protected bases;
unnecessary touching;
commenting on physical attributes;
displaying sexually suggestive or racially insensitive pictures;
using demeaning or inappropriate terms or epithets;
using indecent gestures;
using crude language;
sabotaging the victim's work;
engaging in hostile physical conduct.

J Diddy
08-09-2012, 03:39 PM
We're not talking about the same thing. My statement wasn't about the OP or being physically threatened.

Then I apologize because that's what I took it as.

Demonpenz
08-09-2012, 03:40 PM
Be patient getting a new job can take a couple days. I would def try lifeline foods or triumph foods. Seem to be better working conditions there.

griZZly64
08-09-2012, 03:42 PM

Good now you can take that tampon out your snatch. Im positive soon as you left the room they looked at each other and started bustin up laughing. Youll be the subject of jokes for years to come. Were you raised by a single mother or a gay couple? Only things I can think of for the way you responded to a guy at work talkin shit. Things happen and people disagree. It's not time to tuck your tail and cry to any1 who will listen.

Plus we all know we're not getting the full story. No matter who you are, including myself, you're always going to tell the story so that you look like the good guy. You are probably worthless, lazy, whiney, or a douche.. or all of em put together. No way you didn't say or do soemthin to warrant that treatment.

TLO
08-09-2012, 03:43 PM
Good now you can take that tampon out your snatch. Im positive soon as you left the room they looked at each other and started bustin up laughing. Youll be the subject of jokes for years to come. Were you raised by a single mother or a gay couple? Only things I can think of for the way you responded to a guy at work talkin shit. Things happen and people disagree. It's not time to tuck your tail and cry to any1 who will listen.

Plus we all know we're not getting the full story. No matter who you are, including myself, you're always going to tell the story so that you look like the good guy. You are probably worthless, lazy, whiney, or a douche.. or all of em put together. No way you didn't say or do soemthin to warrant that treatment.

ROFL

Furthermore: Why would I not tell the whole story? If somebody is bullied at work you think there always has to be an underlying reason and they just deserved it?

Just Passin' By
08-09-2012, 03:44 PM
Here is the current definitionfrom the Department of labor website...

I know what the Department of Labor claims. I had talked about the triggers. You're welcome to try suing a company for one incident where a fellow employee used bad language. Good luck with that.

Demonpenz
08-09-2012, 03:45 PM
I remember when I was working at Blockbuster I would take lots of piss breaks because I would get tired of ringing up customers. I would just hang out back listening to Pat Tabler hit homeruns for the Royals.

suds79
08-09-2012, 03:46 PM

Sorry to hear that... I think you'll look back someday and regret letting the situation do that to you but you do what you gotta do.

Best of luck in your search.

splatbass
08-09-2012, 03:48 PM
No way you didn't say or do soemthin to warrant that treatment.

NOTHING warrants that treatment.

ModSocks
08-09-2012, 03:49 PM
If the guy can't teach you without yelling at you he is an asshole.

No he isn't.

Far from it.

The man has done a lot for me and my family and his other employees. He's loaned employees money, cars, and he even spent over $800.00 on me to get me my first tool set. He doesn't even fire people, instead he finds other places for them to work if they can't cut it here.

If he gets stressed out and yells at someone because they just cost the company hundreds to thousands of dollars, sorry, but im not going to take that personally, but instead understand that this is a high stress, fast paced work environment. Being under the gun to build a perfect car that exceeds the cost of most people's homes will do that to people, so why take that shit personally?

You know, you have no idea what our situation here is and what our workplace is like. This isn't some ****ing suit and tie office building. He can yell at someone one minute and then go out to lunch and have a beer the next.

I have nothing but respect for my boss, even though sometimes we can piss each other off.

splatbass
08-09-2012, 03:49 PM
I know what the Department of Labor claims. I had talked about the triggers. You're welcome to try suing a company for one incident where a fellow employee used bad language. Good luck with that.

The guy threatened violence. One time is enough.

Just Passin' By
08-09-2012, 03:50 PM
The guy threatened violence. One time is enough.

Like I said, good luck with that.

Fish
08-09-2012, 03:51 PM
Yes. I am passive. Also this guy is twice my size and appears to have anger issues. I'm not sure why you feel like I am leaving out part of the story- I assure you I am not. I'm considering posting the e-mail I sent to my supervisor after the incident to show you EXACTLY what I am talking about, but not sure if I should for legal reasons if I do decide to seek legal action.

I would recommend against posting that e-mail. Regardless of how interesting that sounds. No good could come of that.

I guess I just don't understand why nobody in the entire situation you explained had the least bit of respect for you throughout any of the story. I think that might be what is so puzzling.

Anyway, good luck. Hope things get better for you.

J Diddy
08-09-2012, 03:54 PM

I don't know of one incident of cursing could create a pattern of hostile work environment, however, I do know that once he threatened violence it automatically created a hostile work environment.

TLO

He isn't worth the time. His post just made me laugh.

notorious

You did the right thing. Never lower yourself to the loser's level. He has problems and you don't, and when you fight someone like that you accept his problems upon yourself.

Just walk away knowing that he is always going to live with himself being a piece of shit that fails at everything.

Discuss Thrower
08-09-2012, 03:56 PM
I'm all for men settling problems with fisticuffs if they so chose to do it that way, but I definitely think that kind of mindset doesn't belong among coworkers.

TLO
08-09-2012, 03:56 PM
I would recommend against posting that e-mail. Regardless of how interesting that sounds. No good could come of that.

I guess I just don't understand why nobody in the entire situation you explained had the least bit of respect for you throughout any of the story. I think that might be what is so puzzling.

Anyway, good luck. Hope things get better for you.

I did have the respect of some of my co-workers- they said that it was completely uncalled for. Nobody wants to stand up to this guy though-

TLO
08-09-2012, 03:57 PM

I'm sure I will have good luck with it.

splatbass
08-09-2012, 03:57 PM

You did the right thing. Never lower yourself to the loser's level. He has problems and you don't, and when you fight someone like that you accept his problems upon yourself.

Just walk away knowing that he is always going to live with himself being a piece of shit that fails at everything.

Wise words.

Marcellus
08-09-2012, 03:59 PM

I will tell you this, if I have an employee threaten to kick another employees ass, they (person doing the threatening) are fired on the spot if gets reported and can be proven by witnesses etc...

Dude reports he was threatened by another employee, then the company does nothing.

Other employee one day actually kicks other employees ass = Company Sued out the Ass for huge $$$.

It doesn't matter if You think its wrong or right, the sue happy society we live in creates some crazy liabilities.

In some states not only could the company be sued in this case but the supervisor who did nothing could be personally sued and held accountable.

I think you way understatement what companies are liable for under harassment free workplace laws.

Just Passin' By
08-09-2012, 04:00 PM
I don't know of one incident of cursing could create a pattern of hostile work environment, however, I do know that once he threatened violence it automatically created a hostile work environment.

Again, good luck with that theory.

ModSocks
08-09-2012, 04:01 PM
I will tell you this, if I have an employee threaten to kick another employees ass, they (person doing the threatening) are fired on the spot if gets reported and can be proven by witnesses etc...

Dude reports he was threatened by another employee, then the company does nothing.

Other employee one day actually kicks other employees ass = Company Sued out the Ass for huge $$$.

It doesn't matter if You think its wrong or right, the sue happy society we live in creates some crazy liabilities.

In some states not only could the company be sued in this case but the supervisor who did nothing could be personally sued and held accountable.

I think you way understatement what companies are liable for under harassment free workplace laws.

heh. Then he shoulda stayed, got his ass kicked and then sued.

J Diddy
08-09-2012, 04:03 PM
I did have the respect of some of my co-workers- they said that it was completely uncalled for. Nobody wants to stand up to this guy though-

Did you try grabbing a broom, lifting it up over your head and screaming, "by the power of greyskull, I HAVE THE POWER!"

That would have probably shut him up.

Iowanian
08-09-2012, 04:03 PM
There is a guy around(not at work) who has been eye fornicating me a lot lately.....I've already decided that I'm going to ask him if he's being scary or struggling with his last set of kegel exercises.

You can use that if you want.

If you don't want that....Just write his name on a marker board in your work area in lipstick. say nothing.

Demonpenz
08-09-2012, 04:05 PM
These are the new leads. These are the Glengarry leads. And to you they're gold, and you don't get them.

vailpass
08-09-2012, 04:16 PM
sorry for your loss.

LMAO

griZZly64
08-09-2012, 04:16 PM

So many things warrant that treatment. I can't even list em all. The first one that comes to mind is some people only half listen to you when you try to inform them of something. After the third time of being half listened to and seeing that the dumbfuck is still doin it wrong you gotta use your big boy voice to get it through their wishy washy skulls.

Another reason is people are different. Not everyone can get their point across the same way.

BTW your quote is the softest thing I've ever heard. People with your same sentiment are the reason you can't even raise your voice toward your own wife without being taken to jail. The same people are the ones who were appalled by Rex Ryan, a HEAD FOOTBALL COACH for using profanity. You can't call a gay person gay. You cant call a black person black. You cant mention that an asian has slanty eyes even though its a known fact. You can't get into a drunken fist fight with your best friend on ur own damn lawn. You can't hit a child who just doesn't listen. You can't hit a woman for being a lying cheating slut. You can't watch Looney Toons because when they get blown up their damn faces are colored black. You can't tell a co-worker she looks beautiful today because of fear of losing your job. You can't fire a gay person without the thought that maybe they'll come back and sue you for prejudice when really they were just a lousy employee. Hell can you even hit your own DOG? Probably not. You can't heckle opposing teams' fans in your OWN STADIUM. My fiance works @ an orphanage... the employees legally cannot even break up a fight or hold them against their will while they scratch and claw the shit out of you.... You can't tell a foreigner thats lived here longer than you've BEEN ALIVE to learn some fucking English already. And you cant yell at your co-worker and say things that maybe you didnt mean in the heat of the moment without gettin told on and sued.

J Diddy
08-09-2012, 04:18 PM
Again, good luck with that theory.

It's common sense.

J Diddy
08-09-2012, 04:20 PM
So many things warrant that treatment. I can't even list em all. The first one that comes to mind is some people only half listen to you when you try to inform them of something. After the third time of being half listened to and seeing that the dumb**** is still doin it wrong you gotta use your big boy voice to get it through their wishy washy skulls.

Another reason is people are different. Not everyone can get their point across the same way.

BTW your quote is the softest thing I've ever heard. People with your same sentiment are the reason you can't even raise your voice toward your own wife without being taken to jail. The same people are the ones who were appalled by Rex Ryan, a HEAD FOOTBALL COACH for using profanity. You can't call a gay person gay. You cant call a black person black. You cant mention that an asian has slanty eyes even though its a known fact. You can't get into a drunken fist fight with your best friend on ur own damn lawn. You can't hit a child who just doesn't listen. You can't hit a woman for being a lying cheating slut. You can't watch Looney Toons because when they get blown up their damn faces are colored black. You can't tell a co-worker she looks beautiful today because of fear of losing your job. You can't fire a gay person without the thought that maybe they'll come back and sue you for prejudice when really they were just a lousy employee. Hell can you even hit your own DOG? Probably not. You can't heckle opposing teams' fans in your OWN STADIUM. My fiance works @ an orphanage... the employees legally cannot even break up a fight or hold them against their will while they scratch and claw the shit out of you.... You can't tell a foreigner thats lived here longer than you've BEEN ALIVE to learn some ****ing English already. And you cant yell at your co-worker and say things that maybe you didnt mean in the heat of the moment without gettin told on and sued.

If you have to yell and scream at someone to get your point across, the failure is yours not theirs.

griZZly64
08-09-2012, 04:20 PM

Exactly.. just walk away. You dont have to fight. But you also don't need to go snitching, suing, and quitting over one blow up @ work.

Just Passin' By
08-09-2012, 04:23 PM
It's common sense.

First, it's not common sense at all. Second, law and common sense are often at odds.

J Diddy
08-09-2012, 04:24 PM
Exactly.. just walk away. You dont have to fight. But you also don't need to go snitching, suing, and quitting over one blow up @ work.

If someone is threatening me at work, you bet your ass I'm going to make the entire situation as uncomfortable for the other party within the law.

However, I find it telling that you are defending the guy who operated outside the realm of law and chastising the guy who operated within.

vailpass
08-09-2012, 04:25 PM
There are some bone-stupid people walking the earth.

J Diddy
08-09-2012, 04:25 PM
First, it's not common sense at all. Second, law and common sense are often at odds.

If discrimination creates a hostile work environment then you can sue.
If threats create a hostile work environment are you saying then you can't?

The matter here is the hostile work environment, not the road taken to get there.

mikeyis4dcats.
08-09-2012, 04:26 PM

you should never have resigned before consulting legal advice.

splatbass
08-09-2012, 04:26 PM
So many things warrant that treatment. I can't even list em all. The first one that comes to mind is some people only half listen to you when you try to inform them of something. After the third time of being half listened to and seeing that the dumb**** is still doin it wrong you gotta use your big boy voice to get it through their wishy washy skulls.

BTW your quote is the softest thing I've ever heard. People with your same sentiment are the reason you can't even raise your voice toward your own wife without being taken to jail. The same people are the ones who were appalled by Rex Ryan, a HEAD FOOTBALL COACH for using profanity. You can't call a gay person gay. You cant call a black person black. You cant mention that an asian has slanty eyes even though its a known fact. You can't get into a drunken fist fight with your best friend on ur own damn lawn. You can't hit a child who just doesn't listen. You can't hit a woman for being a lying cheating slut. You can't watch Looney Toons because when they get blown up their damn faces are colored black. You can't tell a co-worker she looks beautiful today because of fear of losing your job. You can't fire a gay person without the thought that maybe they'll come back and sue you for prejudice when really they were just a lousy employee. Hell can you even hit your own DOG? Probably not. You can't heckle opposing teams' fans in your OWN STADIUM. My fiance works @ an orphanage... the employees legally cannot even break up a fight or hold them against their will while they scratch and claw the shit out of you.... You can't tell a foreigner thats lived here longer than you've BEEN ALIVE to learn some ****ing English already. And you cant yell at your co-worker and say things that maybe you didnt mean in the heat of the moment without gettin told on and sued.

You have issues. Good luck with that.

Fish
08-09-2012, 04:27 PM
So many things warrant that treatment. I can't even list em all. The first one that comes to mind is some people only half listen to you when you try to inform them of something. After the third time of being half listened to and seeing that the dumbfuck is still doin it wrong you gotta use your big boy voice to get it through their wishy washy skulls.

BTW your quote is the softest thing I've ever heard. People with your same sentiment are the reason you can't even raise your voice toward your own wife without being taken to jail. The same people are the ones who were appalled by Rex Ryan, a HEAD FOOTBALL COACH for using profanity. You can't call a gay person gay. You cant call a black person black. You cant mention that an asian has slanty eyes even though its a known fact. You can't get into a drunken fist fight with your best friend on ur own damn lawn. You can't hit a child who just doesn't listen. You can't hit a woman for being a lying cheating slut. You can't watch Looney Toons because when they get blown up their damn faces are colored black. You can't tell a co-worker she looks beautiful today because of fear of losing your job. You can't fire a gay person without the thought that maybe they'll come back and sue you for prejudice when really they were just a lousy employee. Hell can you even hit your own DOG? Probably not. You can't heckle opposing teams' fans in your OWN STADIUM. My fiance works @ an orphanage... the employees legally cannot even break up a fight or hold them against their will while they scratch and claw the shit out of you.... You can't tell a foreigner thats lived here longer than you've BEEN ALIVE to learn some fucking English already. And you cant yell at your co-worker and say things that maybe you didnt mean in the heat of the moment without gettin told on and sued.

LMAO...

I'm sure lots of us miss the good ol' days when we could beat our wives, dogs, children, best friends, sluts, and orphans. The days when black people were black, gays were gay, asians were slant eyed, and everyone spoke English. Everything was perfect then...

J Diddy
08-09-2012, 04:27 PM
There are some bone-stupid people walking the earth.

WTF is a bone stupid person?

J Diddy
08-09-2012, 04:28 PM
ROFLLMAO...

I'm sure lots of us miss the good ol' days when we could beat our wives, dogs, children, best friends, sluts, and orphans. The days when black people were black, gays were gay, asians were slant eyed, and everyone spoke English. Everything was perfect then...

ROFL

Just Passin' By
08-09-2012, 04:28 PM
If discrimination creates a hostile work environment then you can sue.
If threats create a hostile work environment are you saying then you can't?

The matter here is the hostile work environment, not the road taken to get there.

I'm saying that you're trying to claim one incident, outside of the trigger areas, is a hostile work environment of a nature that makes the employer culpable. And, I'm saying good luck winning that case.

petegz28
08-09-2012, 04:30 PM
You need to do 3 things, one of which you have done and that is contact the police.

Second you need to tell HR with your supervisor present.

Third you need to contact an attorney if you think HR is doing little if anything about it.

Make sure you document everything.

QuikSsurfer
08-09-2012, 04:31 PM

Jesus you're one stupid mother fucker.. I mean

http://i.minus.com/i3nnrTVNHGcUb.gif

petegz28
08-09-2012, 04:32 PM

That sucks. Most definitiely contact an attorney. You were forced to resign for your own safety. That's BS and they just opened themselves up to a lawsuit.

Gonzo
08-09-2012, 04:36 PM
I have to deal with shit like this all the time.

Step 1: tell management.
Step 2: Human Resources.
Step 3: if they don't do anything, lawsuit.
Step 4: ????
Step 5: Profit

NewChief
08-09-2012, 04:38 PM
LMAO...

I wonder if your parsing made him realize what a dumbass he sounded like.

Al Bundy

And you cant yell at your co-worker and say things that maybe you didnt mean in the heat of the moment without gettin told on and sued.

Learn to control your tempo fuckwad.

J Diddy

Step 4 is planning how to spend that profit.

Fish
08-09-2012, 04:40 PM
I wonder if your parsing made him realize what a dumbass he sounded like.

I can only hope. But that's usually not how it works....

vailpass
08-09-2012, 04:41 PM
LMAO...

I know I do.

Just Passin' By
08-09-2012, 04:41 PM

It was one incident
It wasn't a supervisor or managment
It wasn't about race, sex, or other serious triggers
He quit over an incident that only happened "the other night", without knowing exactly what steps had been taken, so he can't claim said steps were insufficient to allay his concerns.

He's not going to profit.

petegz28
08-09-2012, 04:43 PM
One question, what made you resign? Why did you choose that route?

vailpass
08-09-2012, 04:44 PM
It was one incident
He quit over an incident that only happened "the other night", without knowing exactly what steps had been take, so he can't claim said steps were insufficient to allay his concerns.

You have no idea of the background of the employer. If this is systemic, or they are under investigation or ofccp audit or any of a number of reasons which would cause them to want to settle rather than proceed.

RustShack
08-09-2012, 04:44 PM
Sucks, shouldn't have quit though. If you got your ass kicked and nothing happened... then yeah sue them. But that bitch was probably all talk anyways.

petegz28
08-09-2012, 04:45 PM
It was one incident
He quit over an incident that only happened "the other night", without knowing exactly what steps had been taken, so he can't claim said steps were insufficient to allay his concerns.

I'm not so sure it matters that it only happened once. Being threatened with violence in the workplace is usually something not looked upon lightly and usually results in the person making the threats being dismissed.

Fish
08-09-2012, 04:46 PM
I know I do.

It's funny when you joke like that. You're like that lovable racist uncle that everybody laughs and shakes their heads at and goes on with the meal.

RustShack
08-09-2012, 04:47 PM
My boss told me he wanted to beat the shit out of me and kill me. I could have probably told his boss and got him fired, buuut I kinda felt bad for the guy, and was moving anyways. That job was his life and he loved it, so that's why he never went through with swinging... hes a lot bigger and easily could have killed me though.

Reerun_KC
08-09-2012, 04:48 PM
Looks like Hamas Jenkins won again.

vailpass
08-09-2012, 04:48 PM
It's funny when you joke like that. You're like a lovable racist uncle that everybody laughs and shakes their heads at and goes on with the meal.

You'll think funny uncle when I backhand your gardener with a whiskey bottle.

Just Passin' By
08-09-2012, 04:49 PM
I'm not so sure it matters that it only happened once. Being threatened with violence in the workplace is usually something not looked upon lightly and usually results in the person making the threats being dismissed.

There are no Federal "hostile work environment laws" or "hostile workplace laws" named as such. Creating a hostile workplace is prohibited under certain Federal discrimination laws (listed below).

Subsequently, to be illegal under one of the laws in the eyes of the courts, a hostile work environment typically must be caused by discriminatory workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetics, age or sex; or it must be caused by retaliation in violation of a discrimination law.

Reservists and veterans are protected from a hostile work environment based on their military service, but under a different law. For more information, see Employment Discrimination for Military Service.

Additionally, the harassment typically must be intentional, severe, recurring and pervasive, and interfere with an employee's ability to perform his or her job whether victim or witness.

Lastly, the victim or witnesses typically must reasonably believe that tolerating the hostile work environment is a condition of continued employment. In other words, the victim or witnesses typically must reasonably believe that they have no choice, but to endure a hostile workplace in order to keep their jobs.

http://employeeissues.com/hostile_work_environment.htm

petegz28
08-09-2012, 04:50 PM
Techincally if you are twice the size of someone and you threathen someone with bodily harm it is assault and you can be arrested for such.

Fish
08-09-2012, 04:51 PM
You'll think funny uncle when I backhand your gardener with a whiskey bottle.

I still love you uncle vail.

griZZly64
08-09-2012, 04:53 PM
If someone is threatening me at work, you bet your ass I'm going to make the entire situation as uncomfortable for the other party within the law.

However, I find it telling that you are defending the guy who operated outside the realm of law and chastising the guy who operated within.

Why can't you fix a problem yourself without the help of the law???? You can't come in the next day and ask the person if you guys can have a quick chat about your disagreement the day before? What, you can't be bothered to actually face and solve your own problems? Nah instead lets get a criminal charge put on his record. Lets literally alter his life. Forget talking to the person and possibly receiving a sincere apology. Forget working things out and both people coming out of the situation with another life lesson learned. Forgot forgiveness. Forget human error. You've obviously never done anything wrong.

What if I bought myself a bag of cheetos and I come to your house to hang out. You grab my bag of cheetos, open it up and pour them into your mouth. When I say "hey man that's not cool" and you reply with "what you gunna do about it?" so I in turn grab my cell phone and dial 9-1-1. Tell the operator that my personal space has been invaded. My belongings have been taken from me without my consent and the situation has me feeling extremely uncomfortable and embarrassed.

I can no longer be in viewing radius of this household because it causes anxiety. I now have an anxiety disorder that caused my doctor to prescribe me a prescription pill to help me cope. I have no insurance to pay for these pills that I now NEED. I can't hold down a job anymore because the anxiety has grown and fleshed out into paranoia. I'm now taking two prescriptions. Now I'm like a zombie 24/7 and cant hold down a job because Im not coherent. I'm now collecting government checks. My wife left me because of the what I've become. I've hit rock bottom. I can't eat, I can't sleep. I'm literally torturing myself. I ignore my friends attempts to help me. I've alienated myself from my family because I won't leave my house. My life has been altered and I wasn't consulted about it.

Finally someone asks me how this all happened. After hearing my story they say I should sue and press charges for terrorising me and ruining my life. Now you've got ANOTHER criminal charge to go with your "petty theft" I hit you with when the event first occurred. Now when you look for a job you must check "Have you ever been convicted of a crime?" Yes. You can't afford to pay the restitution so now they're gouging your wages. Pissed off with the whole ordeal you go have a few drinks @ the local bar. Someone says something to set you off. You hit them right in their ugly mug. BAM another charge. This time you have priors. Now you must do jail time. Your wife is sick and tired of being broke, her credit has gone to shit, you don't pay attention to her or the kids. She writes you in jail. Attached are divorce papers. The next morning you're found dangling from the ceiling by your neck. GG all because I couldn't solve our differences myself like an adult.

splatbass
08-09-2012, 04:57 PM
Why can't you fix a problem yourself without the help of the law???? You can't come in the next day and ask the person if you guys can have a quick chat about your disagreement the day before? What, you can't be bothered to actually face and solve your own problems? Nah instead lets get a criminal charge put on his record. Lets literally alter his life. Forget talking to the person and possibly receiving a sincere apology. Forget working things out and both people coming out of the situation with another life lesson learned. Forgot forgiveness. Forget human error. You've obviously never done anything wrong.

What if I bought myself a bag of cheetos and I come to your house to hang out. You grab my bag of cheetos, open it up and pour them into your mouth. When I say "hey man that's not cool" and you reply with "what you gunna do about it?" so I in turn grab my cell phone and dial 9-1-1. Tell the operator that my personal space has been invaded. My belongings have been taken from me without my consent and the situation has me feeling extremely uncomfortable and embarrassed.

I can no longer be in viewing radius of this household because it causes anxiety. I now have an anxiety disorder that caused my doctor to prescribe me a prescription pill to help me cope. I have no insurance to pay for these pills that I now NEED. I can't hold down a job anymore because the anxiety has grown and fleshed out into paranoia. I'm now taking two prescriptions. Now I'm like a zombie 24/7 and cant hold down a job because Im not coherent. I'm now collecting government checks. My wife left me because of the what I've become. I've hit rock bottom. I can't eat, I can't sleep. I'm literally torturing myself. I ignore my friends attempts to help me. I've alienated myself from my family because I won't leave my house. My life has been altered and I wasn't consulted about it.

Finally someone asks me how this all happened. After hearing my story they say I should sue and press charges for terrorising me and ruining my life. Now you've got ANOTHER criminal charge to go with your "petty theft" I hit you with when the event first occurred. Now when you look for a job you must check "Have you ever been convicted of a crime?" Yes. You can't afford to pay the restitution so now they're gouging your wages. Pissed off with the whole ordeal you go have a few drinks @ the local bar. Someone says something to set you off. You hit them right in their ugly mug. BAM another charge. This time you have priors. Now you must do jail time. Your wife is sick and tired of being broke, her credit has gone to shit, you don't pay attention to her or the kids. She writes you in jail. Attached are divorce papers. The next morning you're found dangling from the ceiling by your neck. GG all because I couldn't solve our differences myself like an adult.

Take your meds.