PDA

View Full Version : Football NFL FILMS?!?!

Baby Lee
08-09-2012, 08:20 PM
I've had this question brewing in the back of my mind for a while and watching Hard Knocks reminds me of it.

There was a lot of talk over the years that the innovation of the Sabols was to put their shit on FILM.

Yet here we are in the 2010s and the Sabol productions are still rebroadcast from the standard TV prints.

Has there been ANY talk of pulling those FILMS out of storage and gracing us with some higher definition remasters? Go ahead, keep Facenda's immortal voice. But ferchissakes, all that footage would look SWEET if it got the same treatment that film footage from WWII and the like.

T-post Tom
08-09-2012, 08:25 PM
I've had this question brewing in the back of my mind for a while and watching Hard Knocks reminds me of it.

There was a lot of talk over the years that the innovation of the Sabols was to put their shit on FILM.

Yet here we are in the 2010s and the Sabol productions are still rebroadcast from the standard TV prints.

Has there been ANY talk of pulling those FILMS out of storage and gracing us with some higher definition remasters? Go ahead, keep Facenda's immortal voice. But ferchissakes, all that footage would look SWEET if it got the same treatment that film footage from WWII and the like.

I 2nd that emotion.

CoMoChief
08-09-2012, 08:29 PM
I 3rd that emotion

Planetman
08-09-2012, 08:38 PM
The NFL is saving their pennies for all of the impeding concussion lawsuits.

The Bad Guy
08-09-2012, 09:23 PM
When I interned there in 2004, they had a guy who was remastering all old footage. Now I haven't seen a ton of NFL Network programming, but I do know that was a project back in the day.

DaneMcCloud
08-09-2012, 11:50 PM
It would be astronomically expensive. I can't see it happening unless the NFL or the NFL Network is in need of serious cash flow.

Not only would you need to clean and restore film but audio as well. It would be a massive undertaking to do it "right". Most, if not all, of the audio was in mono. That wouldn't fly with today's audience, especially when a DVD collection like this would ultimately cost hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars.

Demonpenz
08-09-2012, 11:52 PM
nfl films was awesome back in the day.

Chiefshrink
08-10-2012, 12:10 AM
The NFL is saving their pennies for all of the impeding concussion lawsuits.

Oh it's coming you are correct.:thumb:

You watch eventually in due time and it has already started in many progressive liberal circles around the country and a recent George Will column on dissing on football violence. Of course I think he is just pissed that the NFL has taken over the spot of America's favorite pastime from MLB.

http://cjonline.com/opinion/2012-08-07/george-will-football-beyond-fixing

IMHO Political Correctness will eventually make football unwatchable in 10-15yrs because of all the rule adjustments for more 'marshmallow play'.

Phobia
08-10-2012, 12:40 AM
NFL Films is waiting for tax payers to ante up and pay for it. I mean, if tax payers will pop for billions in stadium dollars, why wouldn't they pay for some digital film remastering?

08-10-2012, 12:45 AM

You watch eventually in due time and it has already started in many progressive liberal circles around the country and a recent George Will column on dissing on football violence. Of course I think he is just pissed that the NFL has taken over the spot of America's favorite pastime from MLB.

IMHO Political Correctness will eventually make football unwatchable in 10-15yrs because of all the rule adjustments for more 'marshmallow play'.

You seriously posted a link from the Topeka Crapinal Urinal?

redfan
08-10-2012, 07:55 AM
"Degenerate prize fighting, or prize fighting for degenerates — called mixed martial arts or “ultimate fighting” — is booming."

This quote shows how out of touch George Will is.

HemiEd
08-10-2012, 08:29 AM

Just think of the commercial opportunities with flag football. You could have Coca Cola logos on the flags and it would give a whole new meaning to "grab a coke."