PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Bottom of the Barrel assesments?

ChiefRocka
08-12-2012, 08:49 AM
What are your takes on the following guys:

Bellamy
Studebaker
Harris
Daniels
Bannon
Reeves
Mimms
Powe

aturnis
08-12-2012, 09:28 AM
What are your takes on the following guys:

Bellamy - probably practice squad
Studebaker - I think he should be cut, the Chiefs probably think he's valuable in the classroom or something.
Harris - has yet to do anything, haven't heard a word about from camp, might go.
Daniels - bottom of the barrel? One of our best db's off the bench. Lock.
Bannon - gonesky, too slow to matter.
Reeves - please, he's gone, too much talent in our secondary.
Mimms - probably keep him. Even though both Stevenson & Allen can play left, we need a backup at right.
Powe - Lock.

milkman
08-12-2012, 09:33 AM
I haven't seen Friday's game yet, so this doesn't have anythin really to do with the OP, but I am really beginning to believe that by this time next season, Torribio and Powe will still be the primary rotation at NT, while Poe will be the starter at Dorsey's spot when Dorsey is allowed to walk in free agency.

Poe will play the NGata role in this defense, lining up at DE in standard packages, and in the middle in sub packages.

Akron's#1ChiefsFan
08-12-2012, 09:41 AM
Bellamy - probably practice squad
Studebaker - I think he should be cut, the Chiefs probably think he's valuable in the classroom or something.
Harris - has yet to do anything, haven't heard a word about from camp, might go.
Daniels - bottom of the barrel? One of our best db's off the bench. Lock.
Bannon - gonesky, too slow to matter.
Reeves - please, he's gone, too much talent in our secondary.
Mimms - probably keep him. Even though both Stevenson & Allen can play left, we need a backup at right.
Powe - Lock.

I like Studebaker. He's not a starting caliber guy, but he's serviceable, and he has a motor that doesn't quit. Powe looked good in the first fake game, so yeah, lock there. The rest of them I'm not too concerned with.

milkman
08-12-2012, 09:44 AM
I like Studebaker. He's not a starting caliber guy, but he's serviceable, and he has a motor that doesn't quit. Powe looked good in the first fake game, so yeah, lock there. The rest of them I'm not too concerned with.

Studebaker is just a guy.

The sooner he's replaced by someone that actually has talent, the better.

Rausch
08-12-2012, 09:47 AM
Oh, yeah, NOW everyone loves the POWE.

Step off my boy...

Hammock Parties
08-12-2012, 09:47 AM
I haven't seen Friday's game yet, so this doesn't have anythin really to do with the OP, but I am really beginning to believe that by this time next season, Torribio and Powe will still be the primary rotation at NT, while Poe will be the starter at Dorsey's spot when Dorsey is allowed to walk in free agency.

Poe will play the NGata role in this defense, lining up at DE in standard packages, and in the middle in sub packages.

Probably gives us a better pass rush on first and second down.

Hopefully, anyway.

RealSNR
08-12-2012, 09:49 AM
Mims is pretty good and showed fantastic protection skills in the Arizona game.

Mimms sucks dick

Marcellus
08-12-2012, 09:49 AM
I am always shocked when Daniels contribution t the team are questioned. He may not be a 1 or 2 but he is very good depth.

aturnis
08-12-2012, 09:50 AM
Studebaker is just a guy.

The sooner he's replaced by someone that actually has talent, the better.

This. While he is a heady player, knowing where to be, he still isn't very good in coverage. Can't seal the edge and can't shed blocks consistently in run defense. Almost never gets pressure when player with starters, he's gotta be replaced. Again, I think they must like what he brings in the classroom.

RealSNR
08-12-2012, 09:51 AM
I am always shocked when Daniels contribution t the team are questioned. He may not be a 1 or 2 but he is very good depth.

Yep.

"Bottom of the barrell" my asshole

Rausch
08-12-2012, 09:52 AM
Mims is pretty good and showed fantastic protection skills in the Arizona game.

Mimms sucks dick

http://antonvandenberg.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/confused_baby.jpg

aturnis
08-12-2012, 10:01 AM
That's one cockey-assed baby!

Rausch
08-12-2012, 10:06 AM
That's one cockey-assed baby!

We're friends on facebook.

Don't make him come at you bro'...

mcaj22
08-12-2012, 10:14 AM
YOU FORGET MY MAN JAKE O CONNELL

that's as bottom of the barrel as we get!

O.city
08-12-2012, 10:16 AM
Someone we haven't really talked about is Sheffield. He looked really good the other night rushing the passer.

If he turns out to be decent, and the Jones? guy is decent the passrush could be pretty solid.

Rausch
08-12-2012, 10:18 AM

That's why you spray out the barrel at the bottom with a high pressure hose...

Buehler445
08-12-2012, 10:21 AM

Hopefully Steve Maneri makes him lick his asshole on the way out.

Rausch
08-12-2012, 10:25 AM
Someone we haven't really talked about is Sheffield. He looked really good the other night rushing the passer.

If he turns out to be decent, and the Jones? guy is decent the passrush could be pretty solid.

I was impresse by Siler (sp?)

When he was in the game he got pressure, played aggressive, and made tackles.

Most importantly they gave him that look after the play like "what you think?"

I think he'd be the perfect fit as our 2nd ILB...

TLO
08-12-2012, 10:34 AM
I was impresse by Siler (sp?)

When he was in the game he got pressure, played aggressive, and made tackles.

Most importantly they gave him that look after the play like "what you think?"

I think he'd be the perfect fit as our 2nd ILB...

I'd like to see him unseat Belcher.

milkman
08-12-2012, 10:39 AM
I just don't get the hate for Belcher.

Has he overshot a couple of sacks the last couple of years?

Sure.

But there isn't a single player that has done more over the last couple of years to free up DJ to become the playmaker he has become.

Belcher does the dirty work that no one is is capable of doing, and he still managed to finish second in tackles to DJ last year.

Most undervalued, underappreciated player on this team, and it ain't even close.

mcaj22
08-12-2012, 10:50 AM
so let me get this straight, you want THIS GUY (ignore the Cro arrow and watch the guy that gets completely blown out of the play lol) to replace Belcher?

funny joke

http://i45.tinypic.com/5kkln4.jpg

The Franchise
08-12-2012, 10:51 AM
I'd rather have Gabe Miller instead of Studebaker.

Shaid
08-12-2012, 10:52 AM
Daniels is ok back-up.
Studebacker is decent but when you consider how strong our LB's are starting to look, he starts to fall off quite a bit.
I like Mims - the guy came in so raw but he has massive potential. I'd really like them to keep him
Powe played well so I'd like to keep him as well. Although Toribio is light years ahead of our other 2 NTs right now.

Shaid
08-12-2012, 10:56 AM
I just don't get the hate for Belcher.

Has he overshot a couple of sacks the last couple of years?

Sure.

But there isn't a single player that has done more over the last couple of years to free up DJ to become the playmaker he has become.

Belcher does the dirty work that no one is is capable of doing, and he still managed to finish second in tackles to DJ last year.

Most undervalued, underappreciated player on this team, and it ain't even close.

I love Belcher, started to a couple preseasons ago when he really started to flash. He's not a pass defending guy but he's sound in run defense.

aturnis
08-12-2012, 11:21 AM
Problem most idiots who think Siler should/will replace Belcher don't see is, Belcher is the QB of the defense, making all the calls. Siler would have to do that, and do it very well to unseat Belcher. Not to mention play better, which I don't think he is good enough to do...

RealSNR
08-12-2012, 02:55 PM
Problem most idiots who think Siler should/will replace Belcher don't see is, Belcher is the QB of the defense, making all the calls. Siler would have to do that, and do it very well to unseat Belcher. Not to mention play better, which I don't think he is good enough to do...

I love Belcher and think he's a LOT better than Siler. But Romeo did mention that he's the kind of player that will need to be in and out depending on the down, distance, and situation. Again, words from the coach. I don't know if that means Romeo doesn't think Belcher can take the next step to be the all-purpose kind of LB who can cover if we need him to cover. But we'll see.