PDA

View Full Version : Music Organizing Music Files

Kidd Lex
08-12-2012, 12:56 PM
I have searched far and wide for a way to fix my music data base of over 150 gb's but cannot figure it out for the life of me.

The primary issue is that my music was in folders all over my computer and caused a ton of duplicates on itunes.

I went in and tried to get rid of the duplicates but I keep making things worse. I have 10 copies of Beck's "Girl". :mad:

I understand the "show duplicates" part of itunes, but it would take a week to delete all the duplicate sone at a time that way.

I have tried to utilize media monkey but I just keep coming to the same conclusion, delete each duplicate one by one.

Is there a program that anyone is aware of that will go in and auto tag the files, sort, organize, and delete duplicates automatically? If not does anyone have a good solution?

I have googled the issue and keep running into the same answers, you can quarantine the duplicates, but they have the originals next to them, making it a HUGE task to go in and check/uncheck the ones you want to keep and destroy.

nstygma
08-12-2012, 01:32 PM
i use this program: http://www.auslogics.com/en/software/duplicate-file-finder/
but its only for files that are named identically.

loochy
08-14-2012, 09:39 AM
Start -> Find Files or folders-> kind:music

Ctrl A, Ctrl V, Paste into new folder

Delete all items your search turned up

sort your folder and delete the duplicates

rebuild your music database