PDA

View Full Version : Life I'm brad and i am a music snob

big nasty kcnut
08-14-2012, 04:42 AM
Watching the Olympic and i was like where depeche mode, new order, and erasure. Plus I recognized Pink Floyd Wish you were here. So do you listen to music no one hears about.

TimeForWasp
08-14-2012, 04:44 AM
Don't boggart that joint my friend.

Ace Gunner
08-14-2012, 04:55 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YjzIBI3jkKY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

NewChief
08-14-2012, 05:24 AM
Yes.

Gonzo
08-14-2012, 07:49 AM
I heard about Brad being a music snob before any of you. I even have the t shirt that says so.

Deberg_1990
08-14-2012, 07:56 AM
Sure, i love listening to cutting edge bands like Nickelback

Fish
08-14-2012, 07:57 AM
I wish I could recognize Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here.

Pablo
08-14-2012, 08:00 AM
I wish I could recognize Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here.Yeah, I just You-Tube'd this Pink Floyd band and I just don't know how they're ever gonna make it big. Just trying a little too hard to be "different" if you know what I mean.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-14-2012, 08:02 AM
That song about the Wall is pretty good. You should check it out sometime.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-14-2012, 08:02 AM
brad do you like huey lewis and the news?

Fish
08-14-2012, 08:04 AM
Yeah, I just You-Tube'd this Pink Floyd band and I just don't know how they're ever gonna make it big. Just trying a little too hard to be "different" if you know what I mean.

Plus, they're old. Nobody likes old people music. Why can't people like normal music like that awesome Call Me Maybe song.

KCUnited
08-14-2012, 08:08 AM
I noticed them playing Springsteen for Kevin Love after US Basketball took the gold.

Saul Good
08-14-2012, 08:10 AM
I heard about Brad being a music snob before any of you. I even have the t shirt that says so.

His old threads about music snobbery were way better back when they were in the Media Center. Ever since he sold out and started posting them in the Lounge, they just feel so corporate.

To his credit, at least they aren't overproduced. He still manages to keep the garage-style posting feel alive. If he ever starts spell checking, I'm done reading his threads.

Graystoke
08-14-2012, 08:14 AM
Pink Floyd?
Thats crazy hippy talk!

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-14-2012, 08:26 AM
I noticed them playing Springsteen for Kevin Love after US Basketball took the gold.

I always get a chuckle when Born In The USA is used in any flag waving way since it's basically a protest song... or at least a song about how bad vets were treated after the war. It's obvious people don't know the words other the the title being repated lol.

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-14-2012, 08:28 AM
Watching the Olympic and i was like where depeche mode, new order, and erasure. Plus I recognized Pink Floyd Wish you were here. So do you listen to music no one hears about.

No offense but those bands aren't exactly obscure. They've all had pop hits in America as well as England. The first two were quite big here.

blaise
08-14-2012, 08:29 AM
I only listen to yacht rock.

Brock
08-14-2012, 08:32 AM
I wish they would have went for a deeper cut like "Another Brick in the Wall pt. 2".

blaise
08-14-2012, 08:33 AM
I wish they would have went for a deeper cut like "Another Brick in the Wall pt. 2".

Yet Another Brick in the Wall

T-post Tom
08-14-2012, 08:34 AM
brad do you like huey lewis and the news?

Do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album,Duke. Before that,I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time,it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums.

blaise
08-14-2012, 08:35 AM
Erasure will be happy when they google their name and see someone actually mentioned them.

jspchief
08-14-2012, 08:36 AM
Reaper is disappoint.

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-14-2012, 08:36 AM
Erasure will be happy when they google their name and see someone actually mentioned them.

LMAO

No shit

Mr. Plow
08-14-2012, 08:41 AM
NSFW language

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Hrm-rPSCIBw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nzoner
08-14-2012, 08:44 AM
I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album,Duke. Before that,I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual.

This makes Peter Gabriel sad.

NewChief
08-14-2012, 10:33 AM
There's this new band called The Cure who I think you would like. Check them out, man!

oldandslow
08-14-2012, 10:34 AM
Today's listen...

worth an hour of your life...

http://vimeo.com/21648795

Bump
08-14-2012, 10:43 AM
if it's ever been played on the radio, it sux /music snobs

T-post Tom
08-14-2012, 10:45 AM
This makes Peter Gabriel sad.

http://cdn.fd.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Bale-music-american_psycho-1_3.jpg

Braincase
08-14-2012, 10:46 AM
You didn't recognize Bond during the closing ceremonies?

Rain Man
08-14-2012, 10:49 AM
As an aside, I got tickets for the upcoming Springsteen concert in Denver, and have a question.

We've typically gotten tickets to his concerts and end up in a less desirable location, just due to supply and demand. We decided this time that we didn't want to be up behind the stage or in the rafters, and of course all of the "premium" seats were already "sold" within one minute of the tickets going on sale.

So I bought general admission floor tickets.

I've never done general admission floor tickets. It seems like you're pretty close and you're looking straight at the stage, which is nice, but of course standing for three hours is less fun. And do you end up getting crowded a lot?

I'm wondering because I suspect that the "people" who "bought" the premium tickets will begin scalping them since they "can't attend the concert". I suspect that these tickets will likely be sold for a higher price than they were "bought" for, but would it be worth the money to pay through the nose to get those seats as opposed to staying in general admission?

Recognize that I'm a 49 year-old guy who doesn't like crowds, but appreciates good music, even if my tastes are less sophisticated than those of people like kcnut.

MahiMike
08-14-2012, 10:50 AM
The mainstream media has no room for snobs (or persons of taste and logical thinking for that matter).

Ceej
08-14-2012, 10:55 AM
CREED RULZZZZZZ!!!!!

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-14-2012, 11:09 AM
As an aside, I got tickets for the upcoming Springsteen concert in Denver, and have a question.

We've typically gotten tickets to his concerts and end up in a less desirable location, just due to supply and demand. We decided this time that we didn't want to be up behind the stage or in the rafters, and of course all of the "premium" seats were already "sold" within one minute of the tickets going on sale.

I've never done general admission floor tickets. It seems like you're pretty close and you're looking straight at the stage, which is nice, but of course standing for three hours is less fun. And do you end up getting crowded a lot?

I'm wondering because I suspect that the "people" who "bought" the premium tickets will begin scalping them since they "can't attend the concert". I suspect that these tickets will likely be sold for a higher price than they were "bought" for, but would it be worth the money to pay through the nose to get those seats as opposed to staying in general admission?

Recognize that I'm a 49 year-old guy who doesn't like crowds, but appreciates good music, even if my tastes are less sophisticated than those of people like kcnut.

With standing room tickets even on the floor you better plan to get there as early as possible and be standing for more than 3 hours. If you aren't near the front of the standing section I hope you're tall and if you aren't near the front of the standing section you're still going feel like a mile from the stage. Yes, you're going to be in a large crowd as well.

If you decide to buy the premium floor (sitting) seats then make sure you're again getting as close as possible because once Springsteen hits the stage those people are going to stand as well.

So plan to stand to see what's going on... whether you have a "seat" or not.

patteeu
08-14-2012, 11:19 AM

The closer to the stage you try to get, the more crowded it will be. It's not a good place for short people, but I think you and your wife will be fine if you can handle 3 hours of standing. I don't think a Springsteen crowd will get real rough like the mosh pit at, say... a Five Finger Death Punch concert.

If the general admission crowd does start to get a little moshy, there are some techniques demonstrated in this video that might help you get some elbow room (NSFW):

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6t81debTGkI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

patteeu
08-14-2012, 11:21 AM
Back on topic... it sure seemed like they had that Francis Scott Key song on heavy rotation at the Olympics, didn't it?

Rain Man
08-14-2012, 11:28 AM
Thanks for the tips, and I'm carefully studying that video to improve my concert experience. I think there are some good tips and tricks in there.

Rain Man
08-14-2012, 11:29 AM
Back on topic... it sure seemed like they had that Francis Scott Key song on heavy rotation at the Olympics, didn't it?

That they did. Also, I was really surprised with how badly they messed up the lyrics to America The Beautiful.

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-14-2012, 11:30 AM
Thanks for the tips, and I'm carefully studying that video to improve my concert experience. I think there are some good tips and tricks in there.

Heh, a Springsteen crowd will be better behaved no doubt... but you'll have some drunk assholes even if you're seeing Debbie Boone.

Dave Lane
08-14-2012, 11:33 AM

Saccopoo
08-14-2012, 11:36 AM
The closer to the stage you try to get, the more crowded it will be. It's not a good place for short people, but I think you and your wife will be fine if you can handle 3 hours of standing. I don't think a Springsteen crowd will get real rough like the mosh pit at, say... a Five Finger Death Punch concert.

If the general admission crowd does start to get a little moshy, there are some techniques demonstrated in this video that might help you get some elbow room (NSFW):

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6t81debTGkI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yeah, if you are a pussy.

This is how you do it correctly (WARNING: LOUD WITH NSFW LANGUAGE):

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rZhG2s1KLcY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

patteeu
08-14-2012, 11:40 AM
Yeah, if you are a pussy.

This is how you do it correctly (WARNING: LOUD WITH NSFW LANGUAGE):

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rZhG2s1KLcY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That looks like a giant hugfest. Are they all girls?

Fish
08-14-2012, 11:44 AM
That looks like a giant hugfest. Are they all girls?

You should wade out into the middle of that and ask them. You'll get a hug for sure.

MOhillbilly
08-14-2012, 05:50 PM
Brad a funny guy me thinks?