PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Rob Bruggeman

Direckshun
08-16-2012, 06:53 AM
Backup center to Rodney Hudson.

Crazy prediction: he will make the team.

I've been watching the second team a lot, and I noticed that along the offensive line, Bruggeman is manning his post pretty damn well, better than about everybody else on the #2 line, Jeff Allen included. Allen played very well against the Cards, save for one blown screen pass -- Bruggeman had virtually no holes in his game.

He's fast, mobile, gets lots of push in the run game, opens great holes.

On a couple plays with the 2's, you'll notice Draughn cuts in a few times instead of running behind the tackle (Stephenson) where the play is clearly drawn up, simply because Bruggeman plowed a pretty good hole for him.

On the flip side, Darryl Harris was pretty damn mediocre. And after supporting him after the Cards game, so was Mims.

I don't know what his story is, or even how to pronounce his name, but I think Bruggeman makes the team, while Mims and Harris get cut.

Direckshun
08-16-2012, 07:15 AM
LT: Albert, Stephenson
LG: Lilja, Allen
C: Hudson, Bruggeman
RG: Asamoah, Allen
RT: Winston, Stephenson

Chiefs=Champions
08-16-2012, 07:49 AM
Bugger, man.

suds79
08-16-2012, 08:00 AM
Direckshun you are about as hardcore as it gets man. Props to you.

Threads about backup centers. ;)

Sure why not. Keep the bugger man. I don't care.

Iowanian
08-16-2012, 08:11 AM
Hawkeye Fanboi!!!!!

Ace Gunner
08-16-2012, 08:36 AM
LT: Albert, Stephenson
LG: Lilja, Allen
C: Hudson, Bruggeman
RG: Asamoah, Allen
RT: Winston, Stephenson

yep

Nightfyre
08-16-2012, 12:55 PM
I made a post about this somewhere. Harris was getting anally raped out there, bruggeman was dominant in nearly every play. Ill find my post when I get home and have my computer.

Titty Meat
08-16-2012, 12:56 PM
Nope.

TimeForWasp
08-16-2012, 03:06 PM
wasn't he Stanzis center in Iowa?

oldman
08-16-2012, 03:21 PM
Yes, at least for awhile. I'd like to see him make the team as we have nothing at C besides Lilja. Can he long snap?

Nightfyre
08-16-2012, 03:41 PM
So, I looked back at my post, I really like luke patterson, not bruggeman.

DaneMcCloud
08-16-2012, 03:44 PM
Backup center to Rodney Hudson.

Crazy prediction: he will make the team.

I've been watching the second team a lot, and I noticed that along the offensive line, Bruggeman is manning his post pretty damn well, better than about everybody else on the #2 line, Jeff Allen included. Allen played very well against the Cards, save for one blown screen pass -- Bruggeman had virtually no holes in his game.

He's fast, mobile, gets lots of push in the run game, opens great holes.

On a couple plays with the 2's, you'll notice Draughn cuts in a few times instead of running behind the tackle (Stephenson) where the play is clearly drawn up, simply because Bruggeman plowed a pretty good hole for him.

On the flip side, Darryl Harris was pretty damn mediocre. And after supporting him after the Cards game, so was Mims.

I don't know what his story is, or even how to pronounce his name, but I think Bruggeman makes the team, while Mims and Harris get cut.

No offense but you're jumping the gun. Making these types of assumptions after one preseason game is foolish.

Titty Meat
08-16-2012, 04:07 PM
Daryl Harris can play both guard and center. He played good last week.

Nightfyre
08-16-2012, 04:08 PM
Did you even watch the game billay? Jesus. He was getting his ass kicked.

DTLB58
08-16-2012, 04:14 PM
I'm pretty sure RAC said last week they were going to be giving Lilja some time at Center also in practice and maybe even some Pre-season games.

ChiefsHawk
08-16-2012, 04:18 PM

hes a nebraska fan...enough said

aturnis
08-16-2012, 05:51 PM
I don't know what his story is, or even how to pronounce his name.

Brug-uh-man

Nightfyre
08-16-2012, 05:53 PM
I bet Peterson makes the team. He was dominant out there. I rewatched through the first half specifically to watch line play and man, he impressed.

Titty Meat
08-16-2012, 06:15 PM
I bet Peterson makes the team. He was dominant out there. I rewatched through the first half specifically to watch line play and man, he impressed.

You asked if I watched the game and then list a player who isn't even on the roster ROFL

Nightfyre
08-16-2012, 06:17 PM
Eh, Peterson/Patterson, whatever. Point was he was washing out Arizona's first and second string while Harris was busy trying to chase his assignments down. Ass.

Ace Gunner
08-16-2012, 06:17 PM
ROFL

Ace Gunner
08-16-2012, 06:19 PM
Stephenson and Bruggeman were the only two that impressed me a tiny bit last week. Mims was horrible.

Direckshun
08-16-2012, 07:25 PM
No offense but you're jumping the gun. Making these types of assumptions after one preseason game is foolish.

Fair point.

O.city
08-16-2012, 07:26 PM
I thought Stephenson was shit last week. Allen, was far better.

Direckshun
Daryl Harris can play both guard and center. He played good last week.

Gotta side with Nightfyre on this one.

Although I don't think Harris was fully getting his ass beat, he just looked really lost.

Direckshun

Patterson?

Nightfyre
08-16-2012, 07:36 PM
Patterson?

Yes. It was later corrected by billay. Patterson looked dominant to me. Rewatch the first half, he looks like a good find. He was at center, #77.