PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs News Etc 8/16/12

Ace Gunner
08-16-2012, 08:58 AM
(In accordance with daface's mega thread thread, here's a "Chiefs News Today" thread.)

I listened to the local WHB broadcast this morning. They had Chris Carter & Jeff Chadiha on discussing the D Bo situation.

Carter said he's worked with Bowe each of the last 3 off seasons and he feels that if Bowe kept himself in shape, he could have a breakout season and "become an elite player, he is close, he just needs to raise his level of play to that next level". Carter went on to say he thinks Bowe feels he has been slighted perhaps, and will likely have a bumpy beginning to the season due to not knowing the playbook. Carter feels Bowe is "very coachable and has grown out of his immaturity", but this experience could break his spirit to play for the Chiefs in the future.

Carter was asked who wins the division, he picked Denver.

Jeff Chadiha is writing a book on WR's with Cris Carter, their comments on the scope of this book were interesting. Chadiha spent time discussing Bowe's contributions to the Chiefs and said the team has little chance of winning the division without Bowe, Carter paraphrased as well. Basically said what most of us here say -- having Bowe and the supporting cast will be "scary to other teams when those guys get off the bus" said Cris Carter.

There was a segment on Anthony Pleasant and his view of Glenn Dorsey. Pleasant said Dorsey is the leader of the DL and he likes how he is playing, yada yada, didn't really amount to a lot more than coach speak, but the "leader" comment was interesting I guess.

Chiefs TC breaks today. That is all I have right now. Maybe someone else can fill in other details, etc.

durtyrute
08-16-2012, 09:01 AM
FUCK MEGATHREADS

Thanks for the news!!

sedated
08-16-2012, 09:07 AM
Either Bowe has grown up OR he’s “hurt” by the Chiefs dealing with this like a business should. It can’t be both.

Sofa King
08-16-2012, 09:10 AM
Hmmm. Somewhat like the thought of a daily thread.

durtyrute
08-16-2012, 09:13 AM

http://pichars.org/store/8339_original_YesJackNicholson.gif

Ace Gunner
08-16-2012, 09:21 AM
Either Bowe has grown up OR he’s “hurt” by the Chiefs dealing with this like a business should. It can’t be both.

Agreed. Seemed like Carter was in Bowe's corner, though I do think he was trying to help the situation saying Bowe isn't an elite player but could become one soon.

When asked what he would do for a contract, Carter paused, moaned and said "this is not my phone breaking up, it's me on pause". So, maybe this will help Bowe get his ass in the building.

Black Bob
08-16-2012, 09:21 AM
I really don't like Jeff Chadiha. He has written recent articles about how bad KC will be without Bowe. Chris Carter coaches Bowe at times. It just seems like they have a dog in this fight. Jeff Chadiha is probably on Bowe's agents payroll.

It's pretty weird. Every other writer is talking about what an idiot Bowe is.

|Zach|
08-16-2012, 09:24 AM
I really don't like Jeff Chadiha. He has written recent articles about how bad KC will be without Bowe. Chris Carter coaches Bowe at times. It just seems like they have a dog in this fight. Jeff Chadiha is probably on Bowe's agents payroll.

That is fucking stupid.

Ace Gunner
08-16-2012, 09:24 AM

Can you start the one tomorrow then. There's only a few weeks left before regular season and threads will be more daily format.

Black Bob
08-16-2012, 09:25 AM
That is ****ing stupid.

What is stupid? My post or Jeff Chadiha? Check it out for yourself. Read Bill Williamson's (covers AFC West for ESPN) articles and then read Jeff Chadiha's.

DaFace
08-16-2012, 09:28 AM
Cool. I like the idea of a "daily" thread, but I certainly appreciate that they take a bit of work. Regardless, thanks for the thread.

Nightfyre
08-16-2012, 09:31 AM
Daily threads >>>megathreads filled with trolls and victims

DaFace
08-16-2012, 09:32 AM
I don't necessarily think the team will be "bad" without Bowe - we have plenty of other talent on the team this year that will keep us competitive. However, given our known weakness at QB, I think we'd find it pretty tough to be a "good" team without him. We need all the WR help we can get so that teams have to focus on covering everyone well rather than just sitting on Cassel's #1 target.

Sofa King
08-16-2012, 09:33 AM
Can you start the one tomorrow then. There's only a few weeks left before regular season and threads will be more daily format.

I want to start the thread the day of the Superbowl this year. I think that will be awesome.

Ace Gunner
08-16-2012, 09:34 AM

When the economy gets this tight, everybody is agenda driven, particularly journalists. Chadiha seems to come from the player's side of things most of the time. He's in the minority there, imo. He's also a very respected journalist. I don't always agree with him, but I enjoy his angles.

Ace Gunner
08-16-2012, 09:40 AM
I don't necessarily think the team will be "bad" without Bowe - we have plenty of other talent on the team this year that will keep us competitive. However, given our known weakness at QB, I think we'd find it pretty tough to be a "good" team without him. We need all the WR help we can get so that teams have to focus on covering everyone well rather than just sitting on Cassel's #1 target.

That is the feeling of Carter & Chadiha as well. I have this team going 8 - 8 for similar reasons -- they look good, but when the regular season starts, they are still going to struggle offensively for a good part of the season imo, with or without Bowe.

-King-
08-16-2012, 09:50 AM

Why not. So you have never felt that you got slighted in a negotiation? Especially a negotiation over tens of millions of dollars?

Bowe is dealing with this like a business too.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Laz
08-16-2012, 10:06 AM
Chiefs Will Move To In-Season Schedule Next Week
by Joel Thorman
on Aug 16, 2012 10:36 AM CDT
in Chiefs Training Camp

2 COMMENTS EMAIL PRINT

Denny Medley-US PRESSWIRE - PresswireMore photos »
When Todd Haley was the head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs he always talked about taking the training camp mentality back to Kansas City when camp was done.

Romeo Crennel is a little different. Crennel was asked earlier this week if the Chiefs will maintain the training camp schedule next week, after camp is over.

"We are going to try to go to an in-season schedule," Crennel said on Tuesday, via comments distributed by the Chiefs. "So that one, the players can experience it and then two, we have new coaches and I want those guys to experience that in-season schedule, so we will try to get that done next week."

Even the in-season schedule needs some practice. Things were tweaked last year so there are less days with pads which means you need to be more efficient with how you operate.

The Chiefs play on Saturday in St. Louis.

Mr. Laz
08-16-2012, 10:09 AM
Big return jolts confidence for rookie Devon Wylie
Posted 4 hours ago

Nick Toney
KCChiefs.com Reporter
Email @kcchiefs

Wylie has impressed since Friday’s preseason opener

St. Joseph, Mo. – It couldn’t have been kicked to a sweeter spot. Arizona punter Dave Zastudil punted it low and down the right hashmark, ensuring that the ball came to the returner before the Cardinals did.

With one block, special teams coach Tom McMahon knew this could be the type of bring-back that Devon Wylie spent four years perfecting at Fresno State.

The rookie got the block he needed, cut across the field, and was off to the races. And an animated McMahon followed him, sprinting down the home sideline and behind his returner for all 32 yards of his third quarter return.

“I couldn’t hear him during the return,” remembered Wylie about the play, “But when I saw (the return) on tape I could tell he was just excited as I was.”

An obvious and neck-wrenching facemask prevented Wylie from notching his first score as a professional player. But the rookie popped back up to his feet as a new player – one that’s capable of a game-changing play on special teams or elsewhere.

The Chiefs have lacked that extra element for some time. McMahon inherited a unit that was 8th in the NFL last season in punt return yards, but hasn’t notched a touchdown since Dexter McCluster’s season-opening scamper against the Chargers in 2010. And only the Indianapolis Colts – the leagues’ worst team last year – averaged worse starting field position than the Chiefs in 2011.

After a fairly quiet start to training camp, Wylie could be the guy to improve those statistics. After all, he earned the nickname “Wiggles” at Fresno State for his ability to squirm away from defenders on game-breaking runs.

“Wiggles” has been hard to miss since that big return. He had his best day as a Chiefs player with two more electrifying plays this week.

He turned on the afterburners on his first punt return of the day. Unlike Zastudil’s punt, this one of the foot of Dustin Colquitt pinned Wylie in between the right hashmark and the right sideline. Wylie cradled it, ran laterally to the center of the field for a middle return, and waited for his cut.

Wylie picked his moment perfectly. He cut past a diving defender, turned up field, and tapped into a new gear as he sprinted past the coverage team and Colquitt for a touchdown.

Wylie’s skills were put to the test as a receiver as well. In the 11-on-11 drills that closed practice earlier this week, quarterback Ricky Stanziwas flushed out of the pocket and had to roll to his right. He pointed at Wylie to turn his crossing route upfield, and Wylie spun to the corner of the end zone when Stanzi lofted up a pass.

The end result was a leaping, one-armed reception over cornerback Jacques Reeves that outshined Jonanthan Baldwin’s highlight-reel grab a few plays earlier.

“It felt good to have a good day (returning punts),” said Wylie. “I still have some technique things to work on, but I’d like to say that my confidence is improving.”

That work will come mostly at slot receiver, where Wylie will need to master how to break away from tight coverage in a limited amount of space. But on special team, his improving technique could soon match his breakaway speed and elusiveness.

When it does, McMahon could be chasing more and more of Wylie’s breakout punt returns down the sideline and into the end zone.

-King-
08-16-2012, 10:24 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

Direckshun
08-16-2012, 10:46 AM
Can we please kill this thread?

I'm sorry -- I'm sure it's a good thread and all.

But we're putting all Chiefs news in one thread?

DaFace
08-16-2012, 10:48 AM

I don't think that's the intention at all. It's a reaction to the fact that previously a lot of content like this (not really thread-worthy necessarily) has been shoved into the one Training Camp thread.

If there's other news worthy of discussion, there's no reason it couldn't get its own thread.

durtyrute
08-16-2012, 10:49 AM

NO, just today's news. Tomorrows goes in tomorrows thread.

kcmaxwell
08-16-2012, 10:59 AM

I'm down with this idea! Hate the mega-thread crap...

O.city
08-16-2012, 11:01 AM
Doug Stewart‏@dougstewart1

Unfortunately theyve all been in St Joe. MT @PCBearcat: Crennel said Flowers has seen various doctors to figure out why injury isn't healing

Chiefnj2
08-16-2012, 11:08 AM

Unfortunately theyve all been in St Joe. MT @PCBearcat: Crennel said Flowers has seen various doctors to figure out why injury isn't healing

It's okay the Chiefs have Carr, oh no, wait. Forget it.

-King-
08-16-2012, 11:11 AM

Routt replaced Carr. This situation wouldn't be any different if we had Carr.
Posted via Mobile Device

ModSocks
08-16-2012, 11:15 AM

Now it's time to panic.

TLO
08-16-2012, 11:22 AM
Black Bob is still here?

TLO
08-16-2012, 11:24 AM
That is the feeling of Carter & Chadiha as well. I have this team going 8 - 8 for similar reasons -- they look good, but when the regular season starts, they are still going to struggle offensively for a good part of the season imo, with or without Bowe.

I disagree. I think our running attack will be beastly. Good enough to open up the passing game some.

bevischief
08-16-2012, 11:24 AM
Black Bob is still here?

Yep. Phobia has already said in another thread they won't ban unless he really does something stupid and over the line.

Black Bob
08-16-2012, 11:26 AM
Yep. Phobia has already said in another thread they won't ban unless he really does something stupid and over the line.

Cool. I won't. If they would unlock my shit I would create a post and introduce myself.

Black Bob
08-16-2012, 11:28 AM
When the economy gets this tight, everybody is agenda driven, particularly journalists. Chadiha seems to come from the player's side of things most of the time. He's in the minority there, imo. He's also a very respected journalist. I don't always agree with him, but I enjoy his angles.

Good points...

Mr. Laz
08-16-2012, 11:29 AM

oh shit ...

have we ever heard for sure what type injury it was? Foot or ankle?

either way the shit can linger

foot injuries can be career threatening

ankle injuries can linger for an entire season

Flowers should probably just sit out most of the preseason and let the new guys get the work.

Mr. Laz
08-16-2012, 11:30 AM
never ending cryfest

do you wear adult diapers too?

sedated
08-16-2012, 11:32 AM
Why not. So you have never felt that you got slighted in a negotiation? Especially a negotiation over tens of millions of dollars?

Bowe is dealing with this like a business too.
Posted via Mobile Device

If I negotiate and lose, I still show up for work the next day – that’s what adults do. If it’s a salary negotiation, I may look for another job, but I do it the responsible way, I don’t call in sick for the next week to give an “F U” to my boss.

Bowe isn’t gaining anything from being a no-show, he is hurting himself and the team.

sedated
08-16-2012, 11:34 AM
Flowers should probably just sit out most of the preseason and let the new guys get the work.

If you sit Flowers for the entire preseason, you would be comfortable throwing him out there against Julio Jones/Roddy White week 1?

Chiefnj2
08-16-2012, 11:34 AM
never ending cryfest

do you wear adult diapers too?

Don't whine when Reeves or Brown are getting toasted by the Falcons in week 1.

Chiefnj2
08-16-2012, 11:35 AM
If I negotiate and lose, I still show up for work the next day – that’s what adults do. If it’s a salary negotiation, I may look for another job, but I do it the responsible way, I don’t call in sick for the next week to give an “F U” to my boss.

Bowe isn’t gaining anything from being a no-show, he is hurting himself and the team.

You show up even if the company contract says you don't have to show up for another 2 months?

KCUnited
08-16-2012, 11:37 AM

If I understand correctly, Bowe can still negotiate the details of his tender. While that might not be happening, if you believe Pioli, say Baldwin goes down on Saturday. That could give Bowe some leverage.

Brock
08-16-2012, 11:37 AM
You show up even if the company contract says you don't have to show up for another 2 months?

Holidays are for pussies.

bevischief
08-16-2012, 11:41 AM
Cool. I won't. If they would unlock my shit I would create a post and introduce myself.

I just PMed the mods for you.

BigMeatballDave
08-16-2012, 11:43 AM

Assclowns like these are just fine.

BUT YOU BETTER NOT BUMP A THREAD!

Black Bob
08-16-2012, 11:43 AM
I just PMed the mods for you.

Thanks man.

BigMeatballDave
08-16-2012, 11:47 AM

You act like this is the 1st time any player has done this.

bevischief
08-16-2012, 11:47 AM
Thanks man.

I going PM who some of the MODS are but I see that isn't unlocked for you yet.
I know a few of them.

Fish
08-16-2012, 11:48 AM

I really like this idea. Especially since I'm particular about catching up with the 5,000 post megathread instead of skipping a bunch of pages to find the most recent info. Dipshits posting LOLZ and bullshit fills the megathreads with too much garbage and makes it very difficult to catch up.

Black Bob
08-16-2012, 11:50 AM
If I understand correctly, Bowe can still negotiate the details of his tender. While that might not be happening, if you believe Pioli, say Baldwin goes down on Saturday. That could give Bowe some leverage.

This kind of goes back to the Jeff Chadiha article from a week or two ago and is from the players side. From the owners side, Bowe has to be on the active roster for six games this season. If he doesn't, KC will still own his rights and the tag will not count. Furthermore, he will lose a year of accruement towards the right to be a unrestricted free agent. If Clark Hunt and Pioli wanted to be jerks, they could really blacklist the kid and hold him hostage until the end of his career. This kind of thing is probably really pissing the owners off after last year's cba negociations. Clark may feel obligated to appease the other owners and make an example of Bowe.

Personally, I think Bowe's agent is an idiot. Look at how Pittsburgh already gave Wallace's contract to Brown. Tomlin has already said he's not going to mess with Wallace and he eluded that he would be way down the depth chart. Note that they have the same agent. Bowe is gambling big time. The days of holding owners hostage are over and he should be very careful. The longer this goes on, the worse it will get for Bowe.

Chiefnj2
08-16-2012, 11:52 AM
This kind of goes back to the Jeff Chadiha article and is from the players side. From the owners side, Bowe has to be on the active roster for six games this season. If he doesn't, KC will still own his rights and the tag will not count. Furthermore, he will lose a year of accruement towards the right to be a unrestricted free agent. If Clark Hunt and Pioli wanted to be jerks, they could really blacklist the kid and hold him hostage until the end of his career. This kind of thing is probably really pissing the owners off after last year's cba negociations. Personally, I think Bowe's agent is an idiot. Look at how Pittsburgh already gave Wallace's contract to Brown. Tomlin has already said he's not going to mess with Wallace and he eluded that he would be way down the depth chart. Note that they have the same agent. Bowe is gambling big time. The days of holding owners hostage are over and he should be very careful.

Preseason week 1 Baldwin and Breaston = zero receptions. Edge to Bowe.

Mr. Laz
08-16-2012, 12:03 PM
Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks
Sleeper defensive player of the year candidate? Chiefs Safety Eric Berry
Retweeted by Arrowhead Pride
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite

Sofa King
08-16-2012, 12:29 PM
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7tzczmLCj1rc1pw4o7_400.gif

The Franchise
08-16-2012, 12:31 PM
From a chat on the KC Star. I have no clue if Randy Covitz has any insight at all....but here you go.

Comment From Lee
Is B. Flowers being held out of practice as a precaution, or should we be concerned?
1:28

Randy Covitz:
I'm real concerned, Lee. He's hurt, he's seeing doctors and there must be something really wrong with his heel.

TEX
08-16-2012, 12:39 PM
From a chat on the KC Star. I have no clue if Randy Covitz has any insight at all....but here you go.

Yeah - Flowers seems to get hurt alot. I don't feel good about that situation or with Routt being "the man"- he's shown he plays best as the # 2 CB.

Ace Gunner
08-16-2012, 12:39 PM
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite

With this scheme and the way Romeo likes to run dime packages it should be a real good season for Berry, if he's healthy for it.

Here's a podcast of the Carter/Chadiha discussion regarding Dwayne Bowe;

http://www.stationcaster.com/player_skinned.php?s=26&c=374&f=676551

ModSocks
08-16-2012, 12:45 PM

Heel?

I thought it was the top of his foot?

Ace Gunner
08-16-2012, 12:45 PM
Teicher on Soren's radio show just now --

Soren: Do you think Ricki Stanzi is ever going to be a starting QB in the NFL?

Teicher: No. Not convinced right now. The odds are stacked against him, too -- he's a 5th rounder and not many QB's develop to starter level.

Micjones
08-16-2012, 12:46 PM

They said he was having an issue with his heel on Chiefs Live the other day as well.

I hope they're just being really cautious with him.

sedated
08-16-2012, 12:47 PM

This is where real life and football cannot be compared. Putting in “extra” work is just life in the NFL. Players watch tape on their days off. Players lift weights on their days off. Why? Because it makes them a better player and gets them a huge payday when the time comes for their next contract. I assume most people’s jobs don’t involve a mere 16 performances in front of the eyes of your boss’ competition, who will then be bidding for your services.

The only reason NOT to go to camp is if you have NO contract, which Bowe does. The only thing that is affected is Bowe’s readiness for the 2012 season – a season he needs to be great if he plans on getting the contract he thinks he deserves.

durtyrute
08-16-2012, 12:49 PM
Teicher on Soren's radio show just now --

Soren: Do you think Ricki Stanzi is ever going to be a starting QB in the NFL?

Teicher: No. Not convinced right now. The odds are stacked against him, too -- he's a 5th rounder and not many QB's develop to starter level.

If Matt Meat Sack Cassel, who never played college ball can become a starter then so can Ricky Rat Tail Stanzi.

Ace Gunner
08-16-2012, 12:51 PM
If Matt Meat Sack Cassel, who never played college ball can become a starter then so can Ricky Rat Tail Stanzi.

ROFL ya, but isn't it true he shouldn't be? LMAO

Black Bob
08-16-2012, 01:09 PM

Despite no receptions that is probably the best the offense has looked since 2003. We don't need Bowe.

saphojunkie
08-16-2012, 01:10 PM
There are so many things that could be wrong with his heel.

- Bursitis. There are bursa sacs that insulate the bones around your heel. They can become inflamed and it causes a hot pain in the heel. I've had bursitis in my heel, and the weird thing is that sometimes your ankle hurts, sometimes your heel does, and sometimes it feels 100% normal. It's bizarre.

- Achilles tendonitis. Not awesome. Very not awesome.

- Bone spur. Little parts of the bone sticking out agitating the tendons.

The problem is that there are so many connective bones and ligaments in the ankle, it's hard to pinpoint the problem. It could be a bruise on the bone, one tendon that is strained, or a stress fracture.

Still, I'd like to think that, even if he's not fully healed, he'll still play when it matters.

the Talking Can
08-16-2012, 01:21 PM
Despite no receptions that is probably the best the offense has looked since 2003. We don't need Bowe.

seriously, we have Cassel...

he's good with any WRs, just like Brady

Chiefnj2
08-16-2012, 01:27 PM
Still, I'd like to think that, even if he's not fully healed, he'll still play when it matters.

There was a good discussion on Mike & Mike this morning between Golic and Wiley about NFL players playing through injuries. They all do it at the time but say looking back they wish they didn't because it hurt them long term. Whenever you have an injury and try to play through it, you overcompensate and end up injuring another body part and it tends to build in severity.

Micjones
08-16-2012, 01:30 PM
There are so many things that could be wrong with his heel.

- Bursitis. There are bursa sacs that insulate the bones around your heel. They can become inflamed and it causes a hot pain in the heel. I've had bursitis in my heel, and the weird thing is that sometimes your ankle hurts, sometimes your heel does, and sometimes it feels 100% normal. It's bizarre.

- Achilles tendonitis. Not awesome. Very not awesome.

- Bone spur. Little parts of the bone sticking out agitating the tendons.

The problem is that there are so many connective bones and ligaments in the ankle, it's hard to pinpoint the problem. It could be a bruise on the bone, one tendon that is strained, or a stress fracture.

Plantar fasciitis.

Micjones
08-16-2012, 01:31 PM
There was a good discussion on Mike & Mike this morning between Golic and Wiley about NFL players playing through injuries. They all do it at the time but say looking back they wish they didn't because it hurt them long term. Whenever you have an injury and try to play through it, you overcompensate and end up injuring another body part and it tends to build in severity.

Flowers always seems to be playing through something.

RUSH
08-16-2012, 01:32 PM
Not Chiefs news, but relevant since it could be the benchmark for Albert's contract.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/16/duane-brown-deal-announced-reportedly-worth-53-4-million/

Duane Brown deal announced, reportedly worth $53.4 million

Posted by Josh Alper on August 16, 2012, 3:10 PM EDT

The Texans have officially announced left tackle Duane Brown’s contract extension.

“We are thrilled to have solidified our offensive line with this extension for Duane,” said Texans Executive Vice President of Football Operations and General Manager Rick Smith in a statement from the team. “We believe Duane is an outstanding young left tackle who has the determination, commitment and ability to develop into one of the NFL’s top performers. It’s also an exciting day for our organization. We’ve laid the foundation for sustained success and this is an important step in building on that and toward a championship.”

The team did not announce any terms of the deal, but John McClain of the Houston Chronicle reports that it is for six years and $53.4 million. That’s an average of just under $9 million per season, which is a pretty good price for a left tackle turning 27 this month and coming off a season that saw him named a second-team All-Pro. Per McClain, the extension kicks in after this season —Brown will make $2.08 million this year — and guarantees the tackle upward of $22 million.

Linebacker Connor Barwin is also reportedly on the team’s radar for an extension. If he gets one, the Texans would then likely turn their attention toward figuring out how to move forward with quarterback Matt Schaub as he approaches free agency after the 2012 season.

the Talking Can
08-16-2012, 01:35 PM
seeing multiple doctors, and not knowing why it isn't healing...not what I want to hear...

Buehler445
08-16-2012, 02:05 PM
Plantar fasciitis.

That is a fairly common diagnosis and wouldn't necessarily be looking for a reason it "won't heal".

But you can run through plantar Fasciitis. I'm betting that's not it.

Fuck. We need Flowers. BAD.

Chiefnj2
08-16-2012, 02:13 PM
It's not all bad until you read that he is flying out to meet with James Andrews.

Sofa King
08-16-2012, 02:15 PM
I'm liking the new thread every day idea more and more.

DaFace
08-16-2012, 02:17 PM
I'm liking the new thread every day idea more and more.

It's certainly easier to follow I think. However, IMO I think the bigger point is - if someone wants to post a new thread about a topic, go for it. Even if there's an article posted in a thread like this or one of the true "mega" threads, people like it when different topics have their own threads, so we shouldn't berate people for starting new threads when there's an interesting topic that deserves its own.

Black Bob
08-16-2012, 02:19 PM
seriously, we have Cassel...

he's good with any WRs, just like Brady

He's all we got. How are you going to make it better right now? Why cry about it?

King_Chief_Fan
08-16-2012, 02:19 PM

no....it proves we don't need any stinkin receivers except for McCluster:eek:

Black Bob
08-16-2012, 02:21 PM
Flowers always seems to be playing through something.

Flowers has missed time every year. Last year, was the first year he started every game. However, he did get hurt and come out of some. I definately think we should rest him all preseason. Let the other guys play because they will probably be playing at some point this year.

DTLB58
08-16-2012, 02:21 PM
Don't whine when Reeves or Brown are getting toasted by the Falcons in week 1.

If Flowers is out, RAC will bring the heat! Ryan will be on his back jack.

the Talking Can
08-16-2012, 02:22 PM
He's all we got. How are you going to make it better right now? Why cry about it?

you make it better by keeping bowe, who is really good, to help our QB who sucks ass

keep good players
get rid of shitty ones

profit

Micjones
08-16-2012, 02:38 PM
Flowers has missed time every year. Last year, was the first year he started every game. However, he did get hurt and come out of some. I definately think we should rest him all preseason. Let the other guys play because they will probably be playing at some point this year.

It's a good opportunity for Jalil Brown to see some real playing time.
Hopefully he has what it takes to fill in should we need him.

mcaj22
08-16-2012, 02:41 PM
i dont mind that Flowers is hurt or resting

its the fact that the only good backup CB on our team that has shown any ability to play the outside, Travis Daniels, is also out. And I'm not even sure what he's out with.

As long as one of them is playing I feel more comfortable. Having to rely on Jalil Brown or Jacque Reeves covering teams #1 WRs just makes my stomach sick thinking about

Sofa King
08-16-2012, 03:22 PM
It's certainly easier to follow I think. However, IMO I think the bigger point is - if someone wants to post a new thread about a topic, go for it. Even if there's an article posted in a thread like this or one of the true "mega" threads, people like it when different topics have their own threads, so we shouldn't berate people for starting new threads when there's an interesting topic that deserves its own.

Very much agreed.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-16-2012, 04:45 PM
I hope it's not serious. Geez.

kcmaxwell
08-16-2012, 07:36 PM
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite

Berry jumped 2 nice routes today, had a pick 6 yesterday. He's looked pretty good to me!

BossChief
08-16-2012, 08:02 PM
This kind of goes back to the Jeff Chadiha article from a week or two ago and is from the players side. From the owners side, Bowe has to be on the active roster for six games this season. If he doesn't, KC will still own his rights and the tag will not count. Furthermore, he will lose a year of accruement towards the right to be a unrestricted free agent. If Clark Hunt and Pioli wanted to be jerks, they could really blacklist the kid and hold him hostage until the end of his career. This kind of thing is probably really pissing the owners off after last year's cba negociations. Clark may feel obligated to appease the other owners and make an example of Bowe.

Personally, I think Bowe's agent is an idiot. Look at how Pittsburgh already gave Wallace's contract to Brown. Tomlin has already said he's not going to mess with Wallace and he eluded that he would be way down the depth chart. Note that they have the same agent. Bowe is gambling big time. The days of
holding owners hostage are over and he should be very careful. The longer this goes on, the worse it will get for Bowe.
I knew ya had it in ya.

Good post.

Also notice that Albert used to be represented by the same agent until he fired him a couple months back.

I didn't know Wallace also had the same agent.

Wallace has openly said he wants to be the third highest paid receiver.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-16-2012, 10:00 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/video/nfl/2012/08/16/0801512-kansas-city-chiefs-matt-cassell-peter-king.SportsIllustrated/?sct=nfl_bf2_a4

clyde05
08-16-2012, 10:23 PM

So much easier to follow, surprised this wasn't done a long time ago

Pasta Little Brioni
08-16-2012, 10:50 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/video/nfl/2012/08/16/0801512-kansas-city-chiefs-matt-cassell-peter-king.SportsIllustrated/?sct=nfl_bf2_a4

As many people that are jumping on board, are they really a sleeper? Shit, Pricso is the only one I've seen that has them not doing so hot.

TimeForWasp
08-17-2012, 04:48 AM
Championship !!!

Black Bob
08-17-2012, 06:13 AM
you make it better by keeping bowe, who is really good, to help our QB who sucks ass

keep good players
get rid of shitty ones

profit

I agree. Before the holdout, I wanted him around. However, it's too late now imo. He would have made us better if he had come in on time but, now I don't know.

CoMoChief
08-17-2012, 07:12 AM
So what's this "immaturity" people keep harping on Bowe about?

Is Bowe a diva? What has he done to be labeled as such?

I haven't seen anything.

Chiefnj2
08-17-2012, 07:17 AM
So what's this "immaturity" people keep harping on Bowe about?

Is Bowe a diva? What has he done to be labeled as such?

I haven't seen anything.

They are going back 3-5 years. Claiming Bowe's flexing, comments to the media about vets importing women on road trips and his general attitude and "Bowe Show" are all signs of him being a diva.

Imon Yourside
08-17-2012, 07:18 AM
As many people that are jumping on board, are they really a sleeper? Shit, Pricso is the only one I've seen that has them not doing so hot.

Prickso has always had it in for us.

durtyrute
08-17-2012, 07:37 AM
Why are athletes held to a different standard than the rest of us. I get that they make big money, but damn, if you score a touchdown it's okay to show your happy about it. The whole importing thing was a dumb thing to say to the media, but who the fuck cares. I would be all about importing if I was a single millionaire. The more the better.

CoMoChief
08-17-2012, 07:42 AM
They are going back 3-5 years. Claiming Bowe's flexing, comments to the media about vets importing women on road trips and his general attitude and "Bowe Show" are all signs of him being a diva.

That's pretty silly.

Micjones
08-17-2012, 07:42 AM
Why are athletes held to a different standard than the rest of us. I get that they make big money, but damn, if you score a touchdown it's okay to show your happy about it. The whole importing thing was a dumb thing to say to the media, but who the **** cares. I would be all about importing if I was a single millionaire. The more the better.

I've never had a problem with endzone celebrations.
So long as they don't interrupt the flow of the game, let them have fun.
It's a game for crying out loud.

durtyrute
08-17-2012, 07:49 AM
I've never had a problem with endzone celebrations.
So long as they don't interrupt the flow of the game, let them have fun.
It's a game for crying out loud.

This. I have never understood why it was/is a big deal.

Chiefnj2
08-17-2012, 07:54 AM
After the importing comments, I think Bowe, the team and his agent all agreed it would be best for Bowe not to talk to the media so much. I think the "diva" label is really just the media being mad at him for not being so accessible.

durtyrute
08-17-2012, 07:57 AM
After the importing comments, I think Bowe, the team and his agent all agreed it would be best for Bowe not to talk to the media so much. I think the "diva" label is really just the media being mad at him for not being so accessible.

It has to be something like that. He's been quiet and worked his ass off the last few years, but they still want to dog him and make him out to be T.O or some other jackoff.

Chiefnj2
08-17-2012, 08:00 AM
It has to be something like that. He's been quiet and worked his ass off the last few years, but they still want to dog him and make him out to be T.O or some other jackoff.

They are butt hurt over something. I don't think he ever got flagged for excessive celebration or anything, yet you'll read article after article about him "flexing."

durtyrute
08-17-2012, 08:10 AM
They are butt hurt over something. I don't think he ever got flagged for excessive celebration or anything, yet you'll read article after article about him "flexing."

That has been pissing me off the whole time. I hope that Pioli and Co. haven't been pay too much attention to that shit like " you know what, he did flex once four years ago, NO SOUP FOR YOU."