PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Who are the Chiefs starting WR's?

Mr. Laz
08-17-2012, 02:39 PM
give Bowe some time to get ready but then what combinations?

2 wide receiver set:

Bowe and Baldwin
Bowe and Breaston
Bowe and DMC

3 wide receiver set:

Bowe,Breaston,Baldwin
Bowe,DMC,Baldwin

Breaston going to the slot to compete for time with DMC?
Breaston competing for time with Baldwin?
Bowe competing with time with Baldwin?

what?

BigMeatballDave
08-17-2012, 02:42 PM
I think Dex is #4 or #5 if Wylie can beat him out.

royr17
08-17-2012, 02:44 PM
2 WR Sets

Bowe and Baldwin

3 WR Sets

Bowe, Baldwin, and McCluster

There's also a possibility too now that since Bowe is so far behind we could start the season off with Baldwin and Breaston as the starters, I doubt it, but possible.

BigMeatballDave
08-17-2012, 02:44 PM
I think Daboll is gonna use so much 'trickery' it doesn't really matter.

BigMeatballDave
08-17-2012, 02:45 PM
2 WR Sets

Bowe and Baldwin

3 WR Sets

There's also a possibility too now that since Bowe is so far behind we could start the season off with Baldwin and Breaston as the starters, I doubt it, but possible.

How far behind could Bowe be?

Are there new routes to learn?

ModSocks
08-17-2012, 02:45 PM
I really don't think there is much mystery to this.

Bowe

Baldwin

and Breaston and McCluster will be interchangeable depending on the play.

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-17-2012, 02:46 PM
Bowe and Baldwin and....

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SmHeP9Sve48" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ModSocks

No. Bowe won't be far behind at all.

Mr. Laz
2 WR Sets

Bowe and Baldwin

3 WR Sets

so Breaston is just going to the bench?

He was arguably our 2nd best WR last year ... very productive ... very reliable.

royr17
08-17-2012, 02:47 PM

Different Offense, New Terminology, New Audibles, new things to learn.

Shogun
08-17-2012, 02:47 PM
Breaston >>>>>>>>.. Mcnugget

Mr. Laz
08-17-2012, 02:49 PM

Bowe

Baldwin

Breaston hasn't been playing the slot, has he?

DMC is only a slot

what spot has Baldwin being playing in this training camp?

royr17
so Breaston is just going to the bench?

He was arguably our 2nd best WR last year ... very productive ... very reliable.

Yes true, but it can go either way. Only thing I have to say is this offense is going to be fun to watch.

ModSocks
Different Offense, New Terminology, New Audibles, new things to learn.

It's the same system, much of the terminology is the same.....

ModSocks
08-17-2012, 02:50 PM

DMC is only a slot

Breaston was brought in as the Slot Receiver. He played slot in AZ when the Cards had Fitz and Boldin.

BigMeatballDave
Different Offense, New Terminology, New Audibles, new things to learn.Same route tree. He just needs to catch up on terminology.

Then again, he may have already been furnished this info.

royr17

DMC is only a slot

Baldwins been playing the 1, Breaston the 2, and Dex has been the slot. Now Baldwin played some slot last year, but Breaston has never played the slot, he's an outside receiver thats all he's played, even at Arizona they lined up Boldin in the slot when all 3 were on the field.

Beerthirty
08-17-2012, 02:51 PM
Really, how does Manning turn KC down with this talent!

Shogun
08-17-2012, 02:51 PM
Breaston was brought in as the Slot Receiver. He played slot in AZ when the Cards had Fitz and Boldin.

He played a ton outside while Boldin played a lot inside.

royr17
08-17-2012, 02:52 PM
Really, how does Manning turn KC down with this talent!

Because he's dumb.

-King-
08-17-2012, 02:54 PM

No. Boldin played slot.

ModSocks
08-17-2012, 02:54 PM
Baldwins been playing the 1, Breaston the 2, and Dex has been the slot. Now Baldwin played some slot last year, but Breaston has never played the slot, he's an outside receiver thats all he's played, even at Arizona they lined up Boldin in the slot when all 3 were on the field.

Never played the slot? Really? He's played a TON of slot.

He's a versatile WR who can excel in the slot. Also, in the preseason game, Baldwin was back at his original position, not in Bowe's.

-King-
08-17-2012, 02:55 PM

Breaston will be playing the slot in a lot of 3 WR formations. DMC will come in in some formations but the majority of the time, it will be be Breaston in the slot.

ModSocks
08-17-2012, 02:56 PM
No. Boldin played slot.

They switched them around.

Mr. Laz
08-17-2012, 02:56 PM
Really, how does Manning turn KC down with this talent!I still don't understand it.

either John Elway sucks a mean dick or it was money and Clark Hunt didn't want to pay 25 million to a broken neck guy.

KC was a perfect spot for Manning

We were one QB and RT away from being good to go

Manning/Winston and were were considered a Super Bowl possibility.

noa
08-17-2012, 02:57 PM
Breaston himself explained he didn't play slot. Boldin played the slot.
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
They switched them around.

Very rarely.

“It’s funny, a lot of people are always talking about me being a slot receiver, but my whole career, I’ve been outside,” Breaston clarified. “Last year was my first year that I even attempted at being the slot.

“Even when I was at Arizona, Q (Anquan Boldin) was mainly in the slot. I played opposite of Larry (Fitzgerald) outside.”

ModSocks
Very rarely.

“It’s funny, a lot of people are always talking about me being a slot receiver, but my whole career, I’ve been outside,” Breaston clarified. “Last year was my first year that I even attempted at being the slot.

“Even when I was at Arizona, Q (Anquan Boldin) was mainly in the slot. I played opposite of Larry (Fitzgerald) outside.”

touche

royr17
08-17-2012, 02:59 PM
Never played the slot? Really? He's played a TON of slot.

He's a versatile WR who can excel in the slot. Also, in the preseason game, Baldwin was back at his original position, not in Bowe's.

I looked it up and last year was the first time that Breaston had played the slot. I still think its nobodys job as to being a slot receiver, it will be either Breaston or McCluster, they both will do it.

-King-
08-17-2012, 03:00 PM
But yeah, even though Breaston never really played slot, he has the perfect skill set for it. When Baldwin came in last year and Breaston moved to the slot, he didn't miss a beat. Still averaged 4+ receptions a game and about 45 yards per game. I expect those numbers to be even better without Palko fucking everything up.

Beerthirty
08-17-2012, 03:01 PM
I really hate Elway!

Mr. Laz
08-17-2012, 03:01 PM
i would think our best lineup would be

Baldwin - single wide
Breaston - Slot
Bowe - wide (by slot)

Baldwins added speed with pull coverage even single side

Breaston and Bowe can run help each other get separation

durtyrute
08-17-2012, 03:20 PM
I still don't understand it.

either John Elway sucks a mean dick or it was money and Clark Hunt didn't want to pay 25 million to a broken neck guy.

KC was a perfect spot for Manning

We were one QB and RT away from being good to go

Manning/Winston and were were considered a Super Bowl possibility.

Candy wrappers and phones taps. I'm sure Todd's dad knows Archie and told him all about it.

saphojunkie
08-17-2012, 03:34 PM
i would think our best lineup would be

Baldwin - single wide
Breaston - Slot
Bowe - wide (by slot)

Baldwins added speed with pull coverage even single side

Breaston and Bowe can run help each other get separation

And Hillis + Charles in the backfield.

Whatcha gonna do, Mr. Safety Man? Huh? WHATCHA GONNA DO.

Beerthirty
08-17-2012, 03:37 PM
Blitz Cassel!

mcaj22
08-17-2012, 03:48 PM
hate to break to you but Breaston is the 2. and will be the 2.

Baldwin and McCluster will sub in on whatever plays are designed for their skill sets

edit: I'd like to clarify i'm talking base run offense here, which I assumed is what were discussing, as in a passing play most of them will be out there.

but on like a 1st down run with the potential of play action? who are the two WRs? I'd assume Bowe and Baldwin swap at WR1 pending the play.

ChiefAshhole20
08-17-2012, 03:49 PM
Breaston is my surprise cut this year. He's a Haley guy and I just feel like Pioli would rather have a Hemingway or a Kinnie on his team because their A. one of his guys B. able to serve a role on special teams and C. cost exponentially less than Breaston.

Shogun
08-17-2012, 03:50 PM
Breaston is my surprise cut this year. He's a Haley guy and I just feel like Pioli would rather have a Hemingway or a Kinnie on his team because their A. one of his guys B. able to serve a role on special teams and C. cost exponentially less than Breaston.

if this happens i will cut off my dick and throw it at a little girl.

mcaj22
08-17-2012, 03:51 PM

hahahahahahahhahah

this place, cracks me up sometimes.

mcaj22
08-17-2012, 03:52 PM
lets cut a guy who catches 60 balls and 700 yards for us and our crappy QB

lets cut him

/CP

O.city
No way Breaston gets cut, he's our 2nd best wr right now.

I don't get it, we finally get some good wr's and people want them to start dropping away.

durtyrute
if this happens i will cut off my dick and throw it at a little girl.

WTF, really?

ModSocks
08-17-2012, 03:53 PM

:spock:

O.city
08-17-2012, 03:53 PM
lets cut a guy who catches 60 balls and 700 yards for us and our crappy QB

lets cut him

/CP

Don't confess CP with the ramblings of one dumb shit noob.

mcaj22
08-17-2012, 03:54 PM
Don't confess CP with the ramblings of one dumb shit noob.

we can cut Breaston and sign Jordan Shipley!

print it/you read it here!

DTLB58
08-17-2012, 03:55 PM

Bowe

Baldwin

Winner, winner chicken dinner.

The only thing I would add, is maybe Wylie gets some time in there after the bye.

Brock
08-17-2012, 03:56 PM

You're my surprise dumbass of the year.

TEX
08-17-2012, 03:56 PM
No way Breaston gets cut, he's our 2nd best wr right now.

I don't get it, we finally get some good wr's and people want them to start dropping away.

Exactly. He was his best in Zona with TWO other "kinda good" WR's...:hmmm:
Bet he has a great year with the defense covering Bowe and Baldwin...

Shogun
08-17-2012, 03:57 PM
WTF, really?

absolutely.

O.city
08-17-2012, 03:58 PM
Having too many wr's isn't really a problem. I just hope Baldwin gets better. It's gonna be tough to bracket Bowe with the other guys we have on the field.

mcaj22
08-17-2012, 04:00 PM
you just gotta hope our craptastic QB knows how to distribute the ball to all these weapons and not just stare down the 1st read like a windowlicker

ModSocks
08-17-2012, 04:02 PM
you just gotta hope our craptastic QB knows how to distribute the ball to all these weapons and not just stare down the 1st read like a windowlicker

This of course.

O.city

This.

He's just gotta drive the engine. Doesn't have to make chicken salad.

ModSocks
Also, the real question should be, What's our BEST personnel package?

O.city
08-17-2012, 04:04 PM
It's crazy to think of the things we could do.

Go four wide, spread people out and run it with Charles or Hillis. Go with Moeaki or Boss split out three wide, shit lotta options.

DTLB58
08-17-2012, 04:05 PM
Having too many wr's isn't really a problem. I just hope Baldwin gets better. It's gonna be tough to bracket Bowe with the other guys we have on the field.

You are correct. We should keep as many good WR's as possible.

Look at last year and already this year. Guys are getting injured at a rate like never before. We are going to need all the good football players one can get to finish a 16 game schedule and make a push into the post season.

The Chiefs will need to score points. Keep, all the weapons. 4 RB's, 6-7 WR's and 3 TE's.

aturnis
08-17-2012, 04:05 PM

All kinds on new motions, shifts and terminology...

ChiefAshhole20
08-17-2012, 04:08 PM
I've heard predictions on here ranging from Bowe being traded, Mccluster getting cut, or only keeping two QB's... And I'm getting bashed for throwing a surprise pick of a WR who has had zero mentions from camp reports either positive or negative, was endorsed by a HC who is now no longer here, taking up the largest contract for our WR's, is in a position stockpiled with younger talent who were chosen by the current power-happy GM, and outside of being a backup outside WR and returner doesn't have a role. People on here want to bitch about Mccluster but at least he is a starting slot Receiver. He is my surprise pick for getting cut, I would've started a thread asking "who is your surprise cut" but I know it'll just get made fun of because a noob made it so I posted it in a thread semi-related.

O.city
08-17-2012, 04:27 PM
All kinds on new motions, shifts and terminology...

I'd say he's had a playbook, shouldn't take too long.

BigMeatballDave
08-17-2012, 04:28 PM
Breaston is my surprise cut this year. He's a Haley guy and I just feel like Pioli would rather have a Hemingway or a Kinnie on his team because their A. one of his guys B. able to serve a role on special teams and C. cost exponentially less than Breaston.Wow ROFL

Hammock Parties
08-17-2012, 04:33 PM
Dexter lovers descend upon this thread like a thousand nations of the Persian Empire.

"Our homer posts will blot out the sun."

"Then I will troll in the shade."

BigMeatballDave
08-17-2012, 04:34 PM

Yep.

On paper this O should be a juggernaut.

It's all on Cassel.

BigMeatballDave
08-17-2012, 04:37 PM
All kinds on new motions, shifts and terminology...New motions and shifts? I don't see that being an issue.

Can't be much different than what he's already done.

O.city
08-17-2012, 04:38 PM
I really don't get all the "Dexter should be a running back" stuff. He wasn't really that good last year there. Yeah he averaged 4.6 ypc, mostly on 3rd and long draws.

He's looked good as a WR, lets leave him there and let it play out.

Brock
08-17-2012, 04:39 PM
I've heard predictions on here ranging from Bowe being traded, Mccluster getting cut, or only keeping two QB's... And I'm getting bashed for throwing a surprise pick of a WR who has had zero mentions from camp reports either positive or negative, was endorsed by a HC who is now no longer here, taking up the largest contract for our WR's, is in a position stockpiled with younger talent who were chosen by the current power-happy GM, and outside of being a backup outside WR and returner doesn't have a role. People on here want to bitch about Mccluster but at least he is a starting slot Receiver. He is my surprise pick for getting cut, I would've started a thread asking "who is your surprise cut" but I know it'll just get made fun of because a noob made it so I posted it in a thread semi-related.

Breaston probably puts up 1000 this season. He's going to be a starter game 1.

BigMeatballDave
08-17-2012, 04:39 PM

While it would be a surprise, it would also be very fucking dumb.

Too many good players is a good problem to have.

O.city
08-17-2012, 04:41 PM
We have some depth and weapons, which is great. But it's unproven together. It might take some time.

We need everyone to get healthy and lets get this thing goin.

Hammock Parties
08-17-2012, 04:42 PM
People on here want to bitch about Mccluster but at least he is a starting slot Receiver

You are a fucking moron.

Dexter is a #4 WR who offers literally nothing in terms of playing WR over Steve Breaston.

mcaj22
08-17-2012, 04:43 PM
It's crazy to think of the things we could do.

Go four wide, spread people out and run it with Charles or Hillis. Go with Steve Maneri and split out three wide, shit lotta options.

I corrected that for you.

ModSocks
08-17-2012, 04:47 PM

Calm down noob.

The people who suggested Bowe would be traded, or McCluster would be cut were laughed at just the same.

Then you want to go on about how Breaston will be replaced by some UDRFA and a 7th round rookie who has barely even practiced due to injury.

C'mon man.....

loochy
08-17-2012, 04:50 PM

Eh that's because Breaston is good and reliable. He's not a superstar and he doesn't draw a lot of attention, but he will go out and do his job very well. There's no mystery that this guy will be on the team and he'd BETTER be ahead of stupid DMC.

O.city
08-17-2012, 05:03 PM
I corrected that for you.

Maneri, cracks me up.

Moeaki has alot of talent, just has to stay healthy. If he can't stay healthy, move on.

the Talking Can
08-17-2012, 05:04 PM

i love chiefs fans

Pasta Little Brioni
08-17-2012, 05:06 PM
You are a fucking moron.

Dexter is a #4 WR who offers literally nothing in terms of playing WR over Steve Breaston.

He'll get his touches and you'll cry every time.

DOESN'T COUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!