PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs ****Official Homer Support Thread****

BigRedChief
08-18-2012, 09:21 AM
I bought the pre-season package on NFL.com. Paid good money to watch the 1st teamers practice for a quarter and then spend the rest of the game watching the battle for spots 48-53 on the team.

No matter how much I realize the ineptness of Cassell, wasted draft picks and poor FA decisions, I just cant seem to get take those rose colored glasses off.

I figured I'm not the only similarily afflicted individual on this site. Shall we postpone the harsh reality of another underperforming season and embrace the foolish? Who's with me?

Pasta Little Brioni
08-18-2012, 09:28 AM
Playoff win or bust

DaFace
08-18-2012, 09:42 AM
I think of myself as a realistic homer. I don't really see a point of being a fan of the team if I'm going to constantly dissect every little move the team makes, so I'm certainly more "true fan" than I am "drafturbator." At the same time, I value rational debate about the team and its progress over bi-polar shouting matches, so I'm also not the type to defend every move the team makes either.

This season, I'm honestly more optimistic than I've been in a long time, but I was optimistic at this time last year prior to all the injuries. I'm not calling Super Bowl or anything, but it wouldn't entirely surprise me if we managed to win a playoff game or two this year. It's fun to hope. I just hope that our optimism is warranted and that we can stay healthy. There are a ton of positive signs about the team this year, and it'll just be a matter of whether the team can pull it all together.

cabletech94
08-18-2012, 09:43 AM
go chiefs!!!!!

no matter who is the qb.

go chiefs!!!!!

(and not the poster)

BigRedChief
08-18-2012, 10:33 AM
I think of myself as a realistic homer. I don't really see a point of being a fan of the team if I'm going to constantly dissect every little move the team makes, so I'm certainly more "true fan" than I am "drafturbator." At the same time, I value rational debate about the team and its progress over bi-polar shouting matches, so I'm also not the type to defend every move the team makes either.

This season, I'm honestly more optimistic than I've been in a long time, but I was optimistic at this time last year prior to all the injuries. I'm not calling Super Bowl or anything, but it wouldn't entirely surprise me if we managed to win a playoff game or two this year. It's fun to hope. I just hope that our optimism is warranted and that we can stay healthy. There are a ton of positive signs about the team this year, and it'll just be a matter of whether the team can pull it all together.yeah, I didnt start this thread to complain about negative posts or threads or say there is not serious issues to overcome if we are going to win anything of consequense. just have a little fun with us hard core fans that just cant quit caring about the team regardless how much reality punches in the face.

FlaChief58
08-18-2012, 10:43 AM
In! Let's leave all the bickering for the off season, it's not like any of us can do anything about it anyway. I for one am excited to see how far this team can go this year even with cassel. The one question I ask myself each year is "Has the FO improved this team over last year?" IMO, this year I can say absofrigginlutly. Time to sit back and enjoy my favorite team.

Brock
08-18-2012, 10:47 AM
Most people are going into homer mode anyway. Me too.

BigRedChief
08-18-2012, 12:56 PM
IMO, this year I can say absofrigginlutly. Time to sit back and enjoy my favorite team.:rockon:

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-18-2012, 01:01 PM
Every year I think we have a chance to be good. I mean from the 1980's , I really think we are SB bound this year though due to the fact that the world ends December 21st and God hates the Chiefs.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-18-2012, 01:02 PM
I'm always a homer. PS. I bought the NFL Preseason Live package too :)

CoMoChief
08-18-2012, 01:08 PM
We better fucking win the SB

Buehler445
08-18-2012, 02:06 PM
I'm no homer. I'm goddamned bummed out that Cassel is still here.

However, I'm holding a shred of hope that Haley was the problem and Cassel will suddenly become a magician. I know that is epic, dumb, but that is really the only way anything significant will happen.

But regardless of the Cassel situation, I will scream at the TV like I do every year and hope that it will help them win. Particularly against those goddamned motherfucking Donko bitchcunts. Die in a FIRE!

BoneKrusher
08-18-2012, 02:12 PM
wtf,
we dont need a QB, the Chiefs are gonna run their way to the Super Bowl.

mr. tegu
08-18-2012, 03:41 PM
This is not what I thought this thread was about. I call misleading thread title.

http://commuteorlando.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/image.gif

Deberg_1990
08-18-2012, 04:05 PM
I'm not a homer by any means, but ill never stop rooting.

I'm definitely a realist. I don't like to bash just to bash like a lot if guys on here, nor do I exclaim that every Chief should be a Pro Bowler just because he wears Red.

I'm still sticking with my 11-5 prediction. I think Cassel will exceed expectations, but let us down again in the playoffs.

I'm also not as sold on Charles returning to 100%form as a lot of people are.
Posted via Mobile Device

crazycoffey
08-18-2012, 04:23 PM
Im a homer, always have been. I don't like that homers are so bashed on here but oh well. I usually keep my rose glasses to myself. Im letting them out this year until we loose 6 games....

BigMeatballDave
08-18-2012, 04:29 PM
AKA The Anti Clay Thread

BigRedChief
08-26-2012, 12:12 PM
After that stink of a game this weekend, I need some homer support.:deevee:

Ace Gunner
08-26-2012, 12:15 PM
This is a great thread. I know I can count on you to start a "America is going to rebound" thread too.

BigRedChief
08-26-2012, 12:32 PM
This is a great thread. I know I can count on you to start a "America is going to rebound" thread too.That will go to DC within two posts.;)

Ace Gunner
08-26-2012, 12:54 PM
That will go to DC within two posts.;)

:D

SAUTO
08-26-2012, 02:06 PM
It's spelled C a s s e l
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefs Pantalones
08-26-2012, 02:17 PM
You know what's awesome? This is the last weekend without meaningful football, both pro and college, until after the Super Bowl.

BigRedChief
08-26-2012, 02:49 PM
You know what's awesome? This is the last weekend without meaningful football, both pro and college, until after the Super Bowl.That's a very positive thought! :thumb:

Pasta Little Brioni
08-26-2012, 04:36 PM
Still sticking with my prediction. Stay the course Big Red.

BigRedChief
08-26-2012, 05:23 PM
Still sticking with my prediction. Stay the course Big Red.Yeah I'm still on board. Going to be a tough first 6 games. We have a chance to look really bad. I have us at 3-3 and finishing 10-6.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-26-2012, 05:29 PM
Yeah I'm still on board. Going to be a tough first 6 games. We have a chance to look really bad. I have us at 3-3 and finishing 10-6.

In this shit division nobody is out of it.

BigRedChief
09-23-2012, 05:04 PM
We win next week, we are in 1st place. Let the homerism flourish for a week.

Aries Walker
09-23-2012, 05:43 PM
If still thinking the Chiefs will finish 10-6 makes me a homer, then I guess I'm a homer.

By the way, called the win. We're not as bad as many here think we are, we were missing people for good-anyway Atlanta, Buffalo is looking more and more legit every week, and the Saints are nose-diving.

ArrowheadMagic
09-23-2012, 05:48 PM
Clark already has my money.Might as well show up. Next week for 1st place. Fuck San Diego.

BigRedChief
09-24-2012, 08:57 PM
Clark already has my money.Might as well show up. Next week for 1st place. Fuck San Diego.We have had 21 and 15 people show up to watch the Chiefs game without sound the last two weeks. Thats some hard core fans................ sounds better than homers.:)