PDA

View Full Version : Football PSA: Watch Live Preseason Games Online for $15

DaFace
08-18-2012, 09:58 AM
I know that this link has been dumped in threads here and there, but I still see quite a few people asking how they can watch the game tonight online. For those who aren't in KC and didn't already know, you can watch preseason games online through the NFL. I did it last weekend, and (assuming your computer and connection can handle it) it's HD quality. I ran into a couple of occasional skips, but it was otherwise great.

It costs $15 for the last three weeks (was $20), and you can watch here:

http://r.preseason.nfl.com/a/clk/lRBcb
(Full disclosure, this is a referral link, and I'll get $10 if you sign up here. If you want, PM me your email address after signing up, and I'll send you $5. I was going to post this thread before I knew there was even a referral reward, but figured I'd take it if anyone decides they want to sign up.)

The only caveat is that they do black games out in some areas if it's being shown locally, so you probably won't be able to use this anywhere in Missouri tonight since it'll be blacked out around KC and St. Louis. Even if it is, you can watch it online any time after the game, so it's still better than having to wait until NFL Network shows it on Monday.

That is all. Now back to your regularly scheduled dumbassery.

The Franchise
08-18-2012, 10:00 AM
Live games or replays?

DaFace
08-18-2012, 10:01 AM
Live games or replays?

Live. Assuming it's not blacked out in your area.

There are replays available too anytime, so for example you could watch last week's game right now if you wanted to (or any of the other games that have already played).

mikey23545
08-18-2012, 10:04 AM
Well, I signed up last week, so your timing really sucks...:)

I think it's worth it...$5 a week and good quality video rather than that start and stop crap from those bootleg streams.

Also, you can watch other games as well, not just the Chiefs.

Ace Gunner
08-18-2012, 10:05 AM
Nice. Thank you.

DaFace
08-18-2012, 10:06 AM
Well, I signed up last week, so your timing really sucks...:)

I think it's worth it...$5 a week and good quality video rather than that start and stop crap from those bootleg streams.

Also, you can watch other games as well, not just the Chiefs.

Eh, I don't really care about the referral personally. Just wanting to make sure people know about this. As you said, $5 is pretty cheap entertainment when the alternatives are either 1) waiting until the game is on NFL Network later or 2) finding a shitty, unreliable stream online.

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-18-2012, 10:10 AM
Thanks, Signing up now.

DaFace
08-18-2012, 10:17 AM
Thanks, Signing up now.

Cool. PM me your email if you used my link and want me to PayPal you the $5. I'll, obviously, wait until I get it from the NFL first (and I'm not sure how long that takes).

EDIT: Here's what I got.

One of your friends has just signed up for a NFL Preseason Live subscription based on your recommendation.

You could receive your reward within 30 days! If your friend is still a subscriber after 14 days, we’ll send you an e-mail with instructions on how to redeem your reward.

kcgizmo
08-18-2012, 10:34 AM
Do you just use the above link, to show that you were the one that recomended the site? Looks like a great way to watch the pre season games. I do not want anything back just glad you brought this to my attention.

QuikSsurfer
08-18-2012, 10:35 AM
I signed up for this last week. Great quality.

DaFace
08-18-2012, 10:37 AM
Do you just use the above link, to show that you were the one that recomended the site? Looks like a great way to watch the pre season games. I do not want anything back just glad you brought this to my attention.

Yep. If you're interested, just use that link and sign up normally. It's already linked to me.

(Again, I don't really care. If you have a friend who you'd like to use as a referral or anything, go for it.)

RINGLEADER
08-18-2012, 10:38 AM
I know that this link has been dumped in threads here and there, but I still see quite a few people asking how they can watch the game tonight online. For those who aren't in KC and didn't already know, you can watch preseason games online through the NFL. I did it last weekend, and the quality was better than SD (though I wouldn't call it full-blown HD), and it was fine except for some occasional skips.

(Full disclosure, this is a referral link, and I'll get $10 if you sign up here. If you really care, I'd send people $5 via PayPal if you sign up. I was going to post this thread before I knew there was even a referral reward, but figured I'd take it if anyone decides they want to sign up.)

The only caveat is that they do black games out in some areas if it's being shown locally, so you probably won't be able to use this anywhere in Missouri tonight since it'll be blacked out around KC and St. Louis. Even if it is, you can watch it online any time after the game, so it's still better than having to wait until NFL Network shows it on Monday.

That is all. Now back to your regularly scheduled dumbassery.

Signed up. Thanks for the info!

DaneMcCloud
08-18-2012, 10:40 AM
Has anyone tried this with an Internet Ready TV? If so, how was the quality? Thanks in advance!

DaFace
08-18-2012, 10:41 AM
Has anyone tried this with an Internet Ready TV? If so, how was the quality? Thanks in advance!

My GUESS is that it won't work. I think it's flash-based.

DaKCMan AP
08-18-2012, 10:42 AM
I signed up for this for the 3rd year in a row last week. There was a coupon code so it was only $16.99. I always buy this to watch the Chiefs games and then watch all of the other preseason games on 'condensed' mode so I can scout for fantasy. Have discovered sleepers every year from it.

DaFace
08-18-2012, 10:43 AM
I signed up for this for the 3rd year in a row last week. There was a coupon code so it was only $16.99. I always buy this to watch the Chiefs games and then watch all of the other preseason games on 'condensed' mode so I can scout for fantasy. Have discovered sleepers every year from it.

I didn't even realize they had that (the condensed mode) until this morning. I also like that they have markers on the game replay timeline so you can find big plays to review.

DaneMcCloud
08-18-2012, 10:45 AM
My GUESS is that it won't work. I think it's flash-based.

Ah, okay, thanks. That's a bummer.

DaKCMan AP
08-18-2012, 10:46 AM
I didn't even realize they had that (the condensed mode) until this morning. I also like that they have markers on the game replay timeline so you can find big plays to review.

Yeah, it's Awesome. The beauty is you only really need to watch the about 2qtrs per game since it's the preseason so you can get through them pretty quick.

ElGringo
08-18-2012, 10:49 AM
I really wish I could sign up for this, unfortunately no options available for live viewing in Mexico.

DaFace
08-18-2012, 10:50 AM
Ah, okay, thanks. That's a bummer.

Any chance you've got a tablet with an HDMI port? They do have an app that could potentially be hooked up to a TV.

DaKCMan AP
08-18-2012, 10:53 AM
Any chance you've got a tablet with an HDMI port? They do have an app that could potentially be hooked up to a TV.

Any laptop with an HDMI out can hook to a TV. It streams in HD so the picture is great.

DaneMcCloud
08-18-2012, 10:58 AM

iPad 2, which is nothing more than a glorified toy, IMO. I have a pair of 24" LCD's on my main computer system, but they're on a desk and the sofa in that room is too far from the setup to enjoy viewing. And all of the digital outs are in use.

Thanks again!

prhom
08-18-2012, 10:58 AM
I really wish I could sign up for this, unfortunately no options available for live viewing in Mexico.

That sucks, can you get nfl sunday ticket on directv or Playstation there?

DaFace
08-18-2012, 10:59 AM

Yeah, that sucks. Doesn't the NFL have a system for subscribing for regular-season games internationally? I'm surprised they don't have a preseason equivalent.

underEJ
08-18-2012, 11:00 AM
I used your link and signed up. Looks pretty good. Working on a Saturday just got better!

ElGringo
08-18-2012, 11:01 AM
That sucks, can you get nfl sunday ticket on directv or Playstation there?

No directv down here, and don't own, and won't pay the high cost of a ps3 only so I can pay more to get sunday ticket, which once again is probably not available in Mexico due to contractual obligations. SKYTV has the contract for Sunday Ticket, but quit carrying it due to low subscribers, but they still have the contract.

DaFace
08-18-2012, 11:03 AM
I used your link and signed up. Looks pretty good. Working on a Saturday just got better!

Cool. Glad to help. :)

No directv down here, and don't own, and won't pay the high cost of a ps3 only so I can pay more to get sunday ticket, which once again is probably not available in Mexico due to contractual obligations. SKYTV has the contract for Sunday Ticket, but quit carrying it due to low subscribers, but they still have the contract.

Man, that sucks. Just found the link I was thinking of, and it works anywhere EXCEPT the U.S. and Mexico.

https://gamepass.nfl.com/nflgp/secure/packages

prhom
08-18-2012, 11:12 AM

That would be really annoying. I thought they would have something reasonable down there, but I guess not. Too bad the game pass isn't available there either. Sounds like Mexico is a difficult place to watch football games.

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-18-2012, 11:22 AM
Cool. PM me your email if you used my link and want me to PayPal you the $5. I'll, obviously, wait until I get it from the NFL first (and I'm not sure how long that takes).

EDIT: Here's what I got.

Heh . Don't worry bout the $5, just watched the condensed version of game 1. I was impressed with Donald Stephenson. Thanks again Mr. Daface.

The Franchise
08-18-2012, 11:39 AM
Signed up. Thanks for the heads up.....don't worry about the $5.

DaFace
08-18-2012, 11:52 AM
Heh . Don't worry bout the $5, just watched the condensed version of game 1. I was impressed with Donald Stephenson. Thanks again Mr. Daface.

Signed up. Thanks for the heads up.....don't worry about the $5.

Cool - glad to help.

lewdog
08-18-2012, 12:12 PM
What about that w00t stream from last year? That stream was top notch!

Dante84
08-18-2012, 12:20 PM
LINK 1:

(Full disclosure, this is a referral link, and I'll get $10 if you sign up here. If you really care, I'd send people $5 via PayPal if you sign up. I was going to post this thread before I knew there was even a referral reward, but figured I'd take it if anyone decides they want to sign up.)

LINK 2:
Man, that sucks. Just found the link I was thinking of, and it works anywhere EXCEPT the U.S. and Mexico.

https://gamepass.nfl.com/nflgp/secure/packages

When I click link 1, it takes me to the same page as link 2.

I can't seem to get to an order screen?

I am in Texas, and on a Mac. Not sure if that has anything to do with it...

Dante84
08-18-2012, 12:20 PM
What about that w00t stream from last year? That stream was top notch!

God, I miss that.

Bump
08-18-2012, 12:34 PM
http://www.thefirstrow.eu/sport/american-football.html

I watched last weeks game through this site and there was obviously a 20-30 second delay, but thats fine.

DaFace
08-18-2012, 12:38 PM
LINK 1:

LINK 2:

When I click link 1, it takes me to the same page as link 2.

I can't seem to get to an order screen?

I am in Texas, and on a Mac. Not sure if that has anything to do with it...

Link 2 is completely different. That's for people who live outside the U.S. and want to watch regular season games.

Link 1 is the one you want. Oddly, I guess there's no button that says "order now," but if you click the price in the blue box, you'll start the ordering process.

lewdog
08-18-2012, 12:56 PM
http://www.thefirstrow.eu/sport/american-football.html

I watched last weeks game through this site and there was obviously a 20-30 second delay, but thats fine.

Yea that seems to be ok, generally cuts out a bit when more people are watching in the regular season and sometimes it is extremely poor quality. But free is awesome.

Don't know if I would put the entire URL out there though....those sites get shutdown when people post shit like that.

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-18-2012, 12:56 PM
I ordered nfl game rewind the other day. I think it was $39. This year hopefully I'll want to watch the games a 2nd time.

TimeForWasp
08-18-2012, 01:12 PM
Yeah, I got it last year and then again this year. I didn't realize they had a referral though.

DaFace
08-18-2012, 01:15 PM
Yeah, I got it last year and then again this year. I didn't realize they had a referral though.

I just got an email about it the other day. It's a bit odd - I have no idea why they're offering a $10 referral on a $15 subscription, but maybe they're just trying to get the word out there or something.

RINGLEADER
08-18-2012, 01:17 PM

I was thinking the same thing, although I plan to just connect with HDMI and hook up a speaker to the computer.

Chief3188
08-18-2012, 02:41 PM
This is my 3rd year doing this. I can't believe it hasn't caught on more around here till now. I can't think of a better way to spend 20 dollars for the amount of entertainment you get out of this. Not to mention you can check out the other games for fantasy research or just for fun ala watching the future god that is Andrew Luck.

Dante84
08-18-2012, 03:02 PM
Link 2 is completely different. That's for people who live outside the U.S. and want to watch regular season games.

Link 1 is the one you want. Oddly, I guess there's no button that says "order now," but if you click the price in the blue box, you'll start the ordering process.

Link 1 redirects me to this link:

https://gamepass.nfl.com/nflgp/secure/packages?icampaign=GP_GeoBlock_preseason

Then it counts down, then kicks me to the link 2 page. Really weird.

DaFace
08-18-2012, 03:07 PM
Link 1 redirects me to this link:

https://gamepass.nfl.com/nflgp/secure/packages?icampaign=GP_GeoBlock_preseason

Then it counts down, then kicks me to the link 2 page. Really weird.

Weird. It should direct you to here:

https://preseason.nfl.com/nflpl/secure/packages?tellapal.id=183d7885-dd3e-4499-86bf-0ee0468ac0ad&country.origin=US&e=mattherndon%40gmail.com&f=Matt&dist_src=link

I notice the link says "GeoBlock." Are you out of the country or something? It could be that you're in the same situation as ElGringo if that's the case and it's redirecting you to their international service (that doesn't cover preseason).

The only other thing I could tell you would be to just go to the normal site for this service (http://preseason.nfl.com) and see if that get you in differently.

Dante84
08-18-2012, 03:23 PM
Weird. It should direct you to here:

https://preseason.nfl.com/nflpl/secure/packages?tellapal.id=183d7885-dd3e-4499-86bf-0ee0468ac0ad&country.origin=US&e=mattherndon%40gmail.com&f=Matt&dist_src=link

I notice the link says "GeoBlock." Are you out of the country or something? It could be that you're in the same situation as ElGringo if that's the case and it's redirecting you to their international service (that doesn't cover preseason).

The only other thing I could tell you would be to just go to the normal site for this service (http://preseason.nfl.com) and see if that get you in differently.

Called in to tech support, and the dude told me to clear my cache and cookies. Finally worked.

All signed up and ready to go. Thanks!

DaFace
08-18-2012, 03:29 PM
Called in to tech support, and the dude told me to clear my cache and cookies. Finally worked.

All signed up and ready to go. Thanks!

Cool. Glad you got it figured out!

08-18-2012, 03:30 PM
I've never really seen a purpose to watch a game a second time unless I was at the game myself.

that being said, I would love to be able to watch the other games after the fact if there was a way to keep from being spoiled on the winners. I can't not look at the crawl during games.

kcgizmo
08-18-2012, 03:43 PM
Yep. If you're interested, just use that link and sign up normally. It's already linked to me.

(Again, I don't really care. If you have a friend who you'd like to use as a referral or anything, go for it.)

Thanks again just signed up. Watching last weeks game since I did not get to see the first have last week.

Thanks

DaFace
08-18-2012, 03:43 PM
OK, this has been quite a bit more popular than I expected, and I'm starting to feel a little bad about it. So far, 8 people have signed up, and only one has PMed me with an email address so that I could transfer the $5. It was never my intention to make this a profit-generator, but I definitely don't want the NFL to be able to keep the money.

I'm not entirely sure how I could make it work, but I'm considering holding a last-minute contest to give away "free" subs to this for our Planeteers who are interested in this but don't feel like they can afford the $15. This is a bit of work for me, so I think it's fair that I plan to keep $5 for everyone who signs up, but I could give away as many subs as there are unclaimed $5 amounts. So, right now I've got $35 worth of subscriptions to give away (8x$5-$5).

Thoughts?

kcgizmo
08-18-2012, 03:46 PM
Just donate the money to chiefplanet, I think we would all be good with that

DaFace
08-18-2012, 03:47 PM
Just donate the money to chiefplanet, I think we would all be good with that

I thought of that as well. If it seems like that's the consensus, I've got no issue with that. My thinking was that it would be cool to help out some people who wouldn't otherwise be able to watch the games, but who knows how many of those types even care enough.

ElGringo
08-18-2012, 03:50 PM
With the price of the subs, I would go with donating to the planet. If you can't afford a sub, there are plenty of free streams out there, just have to do a little more work, and odds are the quality isn't quite as good.

The Franchise
08-18-2012, 03:52 PM
I'm cool with either one. It looks like you won't get the money for another 30 days though.

kcgizmo
08-18-2012, 03:53 PM
Well I am good with what ever you do, I'm just happy that I can watch the preseason games without all the buffeting.

DaFace
08-18-2012, 03:55 PM
I'm cool with either one. It looks like you won't get the money for another 30 days though.

Yeah, I saw that. If I gave away "free accounts," I'd just take the chance and do it now. If I donate it to the Planet, I'll wait till I actually I get it first.

It also looks like they give it out as Visa "virtual gift cards." Hope it all goes onto one rather than have to deal with eight of them. Those things are a pain when you end up with $.20 left on them.

BossChief
08-18-2012, 03:55 PM
Will it play in HD on a PS3?

DaFace
08-18-2012, 03:56 PM
Will it play in HD on a PS3?

I doubt it. They don't seem to have an app for the PS3, and it requires Flash. So unless the PS3 browser supports flash, it won't work.

BossChief
08-18-2012, 03:58 PM
damn.

My Laptop doesnt have a HDMI out.

Guess Ill have to enjoy StanziMania on the laptop tonight.

DaFace
08-18-2012, 04:08 PM
Aight, after thinking it over and considering the post volume around here, it's probably too much of a hassle to try to organize any kind of a contest. I'll just donate the excess to the Planet. Thanks for the input.

08-18-2012, 04:09 PM
Aight, after thinking it over and considering the post volume around here, it's probably too much of a hassle to try to organize any kind of a contest. I'll just donate the excess to the Planet. Thanks for the input.

Or you could send it to Joe's charity too.

DaFace
08-18-2012, 04:11 PM
Or you could send it to Joe's charity too.

Yeah, that's another possibility. I'll probably plan to just donate it to the Planet, but I'll talk to Kyle and see how the finances are around here these days.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
08-18-2012, 04:12 PM
Just picked this up. You can donate the money to CP.

BossChief
08-18-2012, 04:14 PM
I'm down with whatever you want to do with the money, but I prefer it to just go to the site.

Dante84
08-18-2012, 04:21 PM
I would prefer the $ go to CP.

Though... if that happens.... I'd gladly have my username bolded :D

DaFace
08-18-2012, 04:22 PM
I would prefer the $ go to CP.

Though... if that happens.... I'd gladly have my username bolded :D

Sounds like that's the consensus at the moment. It shall be done. No promises on the bolded name, though. :D

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
08-18-2012, 04:32 PM
I'm curious to see how this view two games simultaneously is going to go. Want to be able to watch the Chiefs game AND the Broncos game simultaneously.

lewdog
08-18-2012, 04:34 PM
I should just drop $15 for this but it feels weird to pay to watch preseason football.

DaFace
08-18-2012, 04:34 PM
I should just drop $15 for this but it feels weird to pay to watch preseason football.

If you PM me your email, it's only $10. :)

lewdog
08-18-2012, 04:44 PM
If you PM me your email, it's only $10. :)

I might be sending you a PM shortly!

mlyonsd
08-18-2012, 04:46 PM
Wish I had the bandwidth. Stuck to listening on the radio and getting the visuals from the great posts in the game thread.

bowener
08-18-2012, 04:49 PM
Will the NFL ever be able to offer game by game subscriptions online like this?
Say I have ST to the Chiefs, but want to watch all their away games online. Do you think the day is coming when fans/consumers will have the chance to do this?

I was just wondering if current contract with CBS/FOX/ESPN... barred such things from happening.

DaFace
08-18-2012, 04:51 PM
Will the NFL ever be able to offer game by game subscriptions online like this?
Say I have ST to the Chiefs, but want to watch all their away games online. Do you think the day is coming when fans/consumers will have the chance to do this?

I was just wondering if current contract with CBS/FOX/ESPN... barred such things from happening.

At this point, it's probably more an issue of their contract with DirecTV. As long as NFLST exists, that's probably your only option for streaming live games legally.

bowener
08-18-2012, 04:54 PM
At this point, it's probably more an issue of their contract with DirecTV. As long as NFLST exists, that's probably your only option for streaming live games legally.

It looks like a way for the NFL to make a ton of cash. I bet people would pay $10 a regular season game easily.

If the NFL can profit from it, I am sure it will happen.

MIAdragon
08-18-2012, 04:57 PM
Thanks!!

MatriculatingHank
08-18-2012, 05:09 PM
I just picked this up too. Send the money to CP

DaFace
08-18-2012, 05:45 PM
FWIW, AustinChief supported the donation to Joe's charity, so that's probably where it'll go.

RealSNR
08-18-2012, 05:48 PM
I'll put up with the shitty ads before I pay to watch preseason football

BigRedChief
08-18-2012, 06:03 PM
We have to watch the Rams broadcast?

DaFace
08-18-2012, 06:03 PM
We have to watch the Rams broadcast?

Seems that way. I bet they just go with whoever is the home team.

BigRedChief
08-18-2012, 06:05 PM
Seems that way. I bet they just go with whoever is the home team.MLB you can watch the home team or the visitors broadcast.

mlyonsd
08-18-2012, 06:34 PM
Glad I didn't bite and buy this.

BigRedChief
08-18-2012, 07:10 PM
Glad I didn't bite and buy this.I;m enjoying the game. I see things that I'm not going to see in highlights like Hali blowing up Richardson, Poe pressuring the QB, line blocking etc.

ElGringo
08-18-2012, 07:42 PM
The only part I wouldn't like about this is it appears you can not choose your announce crew. With this limited of streams at a time, you would think they could cover 2 streams per game during the preseason, 1 home and 1 away. While I enjoy watching preseason and seeing all these things, I would want to watch something more centered around the Chiefs.

Rain Man
08-24-2012, 06:19 PM
God d**n the f*****g NFL. I paid $15 to get Preseason LIVE and they're telling me the game is blacked out. I paid for the game! I HATE those people! I hope they all die! Bunch of crooks!

Anyone got a stream? I'm trying that firstrow one, but it's telling me I need to download a codec and I'm not sure I trust it.

I've missed half the first quarter dinking with this. I've already sent those horse-eating Cossacks an e-mail demanding a refund.