PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Thoughts on Preseason Game #2

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Chiefnj2
08-20-2012, 06:58 AM
Clay is onto something. Checkdowns are not going to get it done. Looks good on the stat sheet though.

Works well for Brady.

Cassel isn't Rodgers. He's never going to be a gunslinger. Plus, KC doesn't have that vertical threat yet. Maybe when Bowe comes back it'll help open things downfield, but KC is probably going to be a take-what-you give offense with a strong running attack. People keep wanting to force the offense to be something it isn't/can't. We saw what happened when Haley tried that last year.

People should be happy to some degree that the first team offense has: (1) looked efficient, (2) moved the ball, (3) scored some points. Stop bitching that they aren't achieving 1-3 the way the Packers and Saints do it.

Rasputin
08-20-2012, 07:13 AM
I don't have a problem with short dink & dunk passes as long as we are moving the chains and end results is points on the scoreboard. If anything keep control of the ball & helps the defense rest up. I am also a fan of quick strikes downfield, but am most happy if what we do wins games.

I think Baldwin is going be just fine. I also think he is an asset in blocking down field in the running game. We are going see big time catches and plays out of Baldwin. His career just hasn't gotten off to a great start, but IMO he is sure the hell going make a mark for himself and be a productive KC Chief WR just got to wait & see.

Nightfyre
08-20-2012, 08:02 AM
People don't want to force this offense into something it isn't. People want to take advantage of the weapons on the outside to stretch the field and allow dash and crash some space. If you took any top 15 qb and put him on this team, we are instant super bowl contenders. Fuck matt cassel for preventing this offense from being what it should be.

lcarus
08-20-2012, 08:36 AM
Orton moved the ball because he threw the ball down the field.

Interestingly enough, the only good drive we had with Cassel in that game, the only TD we scored? He threw the ball down the field.

Funny how that works.

Don't go giving our offense any crazy ideas. Screens, dumpoffs, flats. That shall be all.

Dante84
08-20-2012, 09:15 AM
I really don't see us utilizing our WR's to their full potential this season, for better or worse. (meaning - id rather have the ball and get short yards, than have 3 turnovers per game).

Matt isn't good at throwing the long ball, or even the medium ball.

I see us running and dink-dunking us all the live-long day - Which is fine, so long as it works. We keep the ball longer, we move the chains, and we have the strength to convert TD's in the redzone, now that we have a complete running game.

Our bigger passing plays, 10+ yards, will go to Boss and TM.

That means the defense we will see will be spread out and close to the line. In this case we will benefit from play action and pump and go routes. If Cassel can be accurate with those, then our offense will be sick. I just think it will be rare if/when we do that.

crazycoffey
08-20-2012, 11:38 AM
i have a question
whats up with Baldwin?
i thought this was gonna be his coming out season.
so far he's playing more like Alec Baldwin than Jon Baldwin.

Casshole only threw it to him twice. He was open alot though. Saw it live, pissed me off a bit. I don't expect a gunslinger, but why can't he air it out a few times and let Baldwin be the TC monster.

Black Bob
08-20-2012, 11:58 AM
I haven't got to watch the game yet. I will watch it tonight. I keep hearing a bunch of gloom and doom around here but I doubt it's that bad. I watched the Rams play Indy and KC play Arizona last week.

I felt like the Rams showed nothing in their game and Indy showed alot. I felt like KC showed alot and blitzed early and often. I am betting they flip flopped this week. I have a feeling KC was very vanilla and St. Louis opened the playbook.

Frosty
08-20-2012, 12:01 PM
What is more disturbing is who is at the 48 yard line and wide open?

Pretty sure that's Draughn.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-20-2012, 12:02 PM
Works well for Brady.

Cassel isn't Rodgers. He's never going to be a gunslinger. Plus, KC doesn't have that vertical threat yet. Maybe when Bowe comes back it'll help open things downfield, but KC is probably going to be a take-what-you give offense with a strong running attack. People keep wanting to force the offense to be something it isn't/can't. We saw what happened when Haley tried that last year.

People should be happy to some degree that the first team offense has: (1) looked efficient, (2) moved the ball, (3) scored some points. Stop bitching that they aren't achieving 1-3 the way the Packers and Saints do it.

:clap:

Frosty
08-20-2012, 12:08 PM
I felt like the Rams showed nothing in their game and Indy showed alot. I felt like KC showed alot and blitzed early and often. I am betting they flip flopped this week. I have a feeling KC was very vanilla and St. Louis opened the playbook.

The announcers kept talking about how embarrassed Fisher was last week and how he vowed they would look better, etc. It was pretty clear that the Rams came out to win the game and game planned while the Chiefs came out vanilla (for example, the Rams' d blitzed frequently while the Chiefs pretty much played straight up). Fisher complained about the Chiefs keeping some of their starters in all half at the halftime.

However, that doesn't excuse the starting DL getting blown off the line in the running game or the Rams' receivers running wide open. :shake:

As an aside, the Rams' preseason announcers are terrible. Listening to Marshall Faulk announce a game makes me want to stab my eardrums with a rusty butterknife. :mad:

Pasta Little Brioni
08-20-2012, 12:12 PM
The announcers kept talking about how embarrassed Fisher was last week and how he vowed they would look better, etc. It was pretty clear that the Rams came out to win the game and game planned while the Chiefs came out vanilla (for example, the Rams' d blitzed frequently while the Chiefs pretty much played straight up). Fisher complained about the Chiefs keeping some of their starters in all half at the halftime.

However, that doesn't excuse the starting DL getting blown off the line in the running game or the Rams' receivers running wide open. :shake:

As an aside, the Rams' preseason announcers are terrible. Listening to Marshall Faulk announce a game makes me want to stab my eardrums with a rusty butterknife. :mad:

Faulk great player, piss poor announcer. Ross Tucker was 10 times worse though. Holy crap, that voice. Throw in Big Ears and you have a true suck trifecta.

Frosty
08-20-2012, 12:17 PM
Faulk great player, piss poor announcer. Ross Tucker was 10 times worse though. Holy crap, that voice. Throw in Big Ears and you have a true suck trifecta.

Faulk complained all of the way through the 2nd quarter that the Chiefs had "all of their starters" still on d. I guess I missed that Gordon, Reeves, Tysyn Hartman, etc are now starters.

Tucker sounds like he has bad fitting dentures when he talks.

gonefishin53
08-20-2012, 04:05 PM
If Cassel only targets TEs more than 10 yards past the LOS, play 3 TEs. The FBs are pretty much useless as offensive weapons and Cassel ignores #2 WRs.

I wonder if the Chiefs would consider letting Gabe Miller try ILB. He's bigger, faster, stronger, and quicker than Belcher. He played some H-back/TE in college so maybe he understands pass routes better than Belcher. I wouldn't mind some Powe-Poe at DL in the 2-3-6 alignment. Release the monster trucks.

BossChief
08-20-2012, 05:02 PM
I am re-watching the Stanzi portion of the game on the HD big screen now after having to watch the whole game live on a laptop on a hd feed after buying PS live.

The first pass that was intercepted was in NO WAY STANZIS FAULT.

That pass was fucking PERFECT...exactly where the defender couldnt get to it, but the receiver could.

The placement was PERFECT.

Fluke play, simple as that...if Stanzi leads the receiver a little more, there is a defender RIGHT THERE to make a play on the ball.

He completes his next three passes on throws that also had PERFECT ball placement that allowed the receiver to catch the ball in stride without making adjustments.

Nice start.

petegz28
08-20-2012, 05:03 PM
I am re-watching the Stanzi portion of the game on the HD big screen now after having to watch the whole game live on a laptop on a hd feed after buying PS live.

That pass was ****ing PERFECT...exactly where the defender couldnt get to it, but the receiver could.

He completes his next three passes on throws that also had PERFECT ball placement that allowed the receiver to catch the ball in stride without making adjustments.

Nice start.

Keep watching...

O.city
08-20-2012, 05:04 PM
Didn't the defender knock the ball away?

The placement may have been good, but it was a late throw.

BossChief
08-20-2012, 05:06 PM
So far, he is 3/4 with a pick.

The next play, he takes a sack that he should have thrown the ball away...it was on second and 6 and he needs to learn to throw it away the moment a defender comes clean off his block and there is nobody open.

that put the offense in 3rd and 11 and took them out of field goal range.

Horrible decision.

BossChief
08-20-2012, 05:10 PM
Didn't the defender knock the ball away?

The placement may have been good, but it was a late throw.

No, it wasn't late at all.

Go back and count it down.

The ball was out in less than 3 seconds and it was to his third read on the play.

Watch his head.

petegz28
08-20-2012, 05:11 PM
So far, he is 3/4 with a pick.

The next play, he takes a sack that he should have thrown the ball away...it was on second and 6 and he needs to learn to throw it away the moment a defender comes clean off his block and there is nobody open.

that put the offense in 3rd and 11 and took them out of field goal range.

Horrible decision.

Keep watching...

O.city
08-20-2012, 05:12 PM
If a slant is his third read, he might be off on something.

BossChief
08-20-2012, 05:15 PM
If a slant is his third read, he might be off on something.

His progression on the play is left to right and he throws it to the receiver furthest to the right.

Again, look at his facemask on the play.

Third read and the ball is out in less than 3 seconds.

O.city
08-20-2012, 05:16 PM
His progression on the play is left to right and he throws it to the receiver furthest to the right.

Why would a slant be his third read?

Slants are three step ball out first read throws.

ModSocks
08-20-2012, 05:18 PM

You don't think you're being just a tad bit biased?

BossChief
08-20-2012, 05:18 PM
On the sack, I count exactly 4 seconds that the linemen hold their blocks. Allen losses his block first and it flushes Stanzi into the end that is actually behind him.

He needs to get that ball to the sideline and OOB...that would have brought up a 3rd and 6 and the ball would be snapped form the 30...well within field goal range and a dumpoff pass away from picking up a first down by gaining 6 yards.

Instead, he put himself in a 3rd and 11 just barely out of field goal range.

BossChief
08-20-2012, 05:20 PM
You don't think you're being just a tad bit biased?

watch the play.

Please.

count the seconds and watch his facemask.

BossChief
08-20-2012, 05:21 PM
Why would a slant be his third read?

Slants are three step ball out first read throws.

If I had the slightest know how on making gifs, I would make one of that play to show you what I am seeing.

BossChief
08-20-2012, 05:23 PM
back to the timeline...

on the third and 11, he scrambles and dives head first just short of the first down.

The "Brett Favre" pump fake while running probably bought him an extra 4 yards on the run.

4th and 1 and I know that fumble play is coming up.

petegz28
08-20-2012, 05:23 PM
Bill Maas just broke downt he game on Red Zone and had some fairly positive things to say about Poe as well as Cassel and the O-line. Also pointed out on the run SJ broke showed how TJ got knocked down and DJ overplayed and left the cut back lane wide open.

BossChief
08-20-2012, 05:26 PM
Bad sign that he had no idea how much time was on the play clock...if Daboll doesnt call that timeout, we get a delay of game penalty and punt it away.

That would have actually been a better result.

jd1020
08-20-2012, 05:27 PM
Have you gotten to the part where Stanzi pump fakes his way out of an open target and belly flops into a sack?

-King-
08-20-2012, 05:33 PM

That pass was fucking PERFECT...exactly where the defender couldnt get to it, but the receiver could.

ROFL Except a defender DID get to it.

BossChief
08-20-2012, 05:34 PM
The moment the ball is snapped on the fourth down, Allen is pushed right into the face of Stanzi.

The defenders hand is literally in Stanzis face the moment his back foot hits to finish his drop back.

Id also like to add that that defender grabs Stanzis facemask as he reaches towards him and holds on enough to turn Stanzis head over 90 degrees.

No flag.

Should have given him a first down inside the redzone on the no call penalty.

Stanzi escapes for less than a second and rolls out to his right only to get taken down and fumbles.

It was a fourth down play, anyway....but he should have secured the ball or tried to throw it away during his rollout.

Cant really tell, but its possible his helmet was shifted after the facemask.

O.city
08-20-2012, 05:35 PM
They showed a replay after, it was ontop of the helmet. Didn't get hte facemask.

BossChief
08-20-2012, 05:36 PM
ROFL Except a defender DID get to it.

Go watch the play, idiot.

Tell me it was a ball that normally gets intercepted...

That throw could probably get thrown 1000 times without getting intercepted.

Total fluke.

It was placed in a spot where the only guy that could catch it was the Chiefs receiver.

-King-
08-20-2012, 05:37 PM

Total fluke.

It was placed in a spot where the only guy that could catch it was the Chiefs receiver.

So what you're saying is that even though a defender DID get to it, it was in a spot where a defender couldn't get to it?

petegz28

Total fluke.

That was the only excusable mistake he made. It was a good throw and it was a good defensive play. Other than that he stunk it up.

-King-
They showed a replay after, it was ontop of the helmet. Didn't get hte facemask.

Yep.

O.city
08-20-2012, 05:39 PM
I'm not going back to watch it, but how did the ball get deflected? Was it Copper?

BossChief
08-20-2012, 05:43 PM

The first hand hits rigth above the helmet and the the second hand goes right at the facemask as the first hand slides down the helmet into the facemask.

He actually has BOTH HANDS on the facemask on the exact replay you mentioned.

Shit, lets say he didnt even get his hand on the facemask AT ALL (even though he did) you cant touch a quarterbacks head AT ALL with the new rules.

Replacement refs FTL.

petegz28
08-20-2012, 05:44 PM
The first hand hits rigth above the helmet and the the second hand goes right at the facemask as the first hand slides down the helmet into the facemask.

He actually has BOTH HANDS on the facemask on the exact replay you mentioned.

Shit, lets say he didnt even get his hand on the facemask AT ALL (even though he did) you cant touch a quarterbacks head AT ALL with the new rules.

Replacement refs FTL.

I believe the new rule is they do allow incidental contact to the head.

BossChief
08-20-2012, 05:46 PM
I count 15 frames with the hand on Stanzis helmet before it touches his facemask and then 21 frames with the defenders hands RIGHT ON THE FACEMASK.

Not just one hand, mind you...BOTH HANDS ARE CLEARLY ON STANZIS FACEMASK.

petegz28
08-20-2012, 05:47 PM
I count 15 frames with the hand on Stanzis helmet before it touches his facemask and then 21 frames with the defenders hands RIGHT ON THE FACEMASK.

Doesn't matter..he stunk

KCUnited
08-20-2012, 05:47 PM
Bill Maas just broke downt he game on Red Zone and had some fairly positive things to say about Poe as well as Cassel and the O-line. Also pointed out on the run SJ broke showed how TJ got knocked down and DJ overplayed and left the cut back lane wide open.

Red Zone is the only thing I'll miss from TWC.

BossChief
08-20-2012, 05:48 PM
I'm not going back to watch it, but how did the ball get deflected? Was it Copper?

Its hard to tell...Copper has two hands out and the defender slips one hand in at the last second.

To me, it seems as if the ball comes off Coppers hands and hits either a shoulderpad or maybe even his own helmet and thats was deflects it a full 5 yards backwards.

Tom_A_Hawk
08-20-2012, 05:50 PM

and he did no worse then when no one was touching his helmet

BossChief
08-20-2012, 05:50 PM
So what you're saying is that even though a defender DID get to it, it was in a spot where a defender couldn't get to it?

Dont be stupid.

You know that I meant "where no defender can intercept it"

It was a totally safe throw that got intercepted on a total complete fluke.

BossChief
08-20-2012, 05:52 PM
I believe the new rule is they do allow incidental contact to the head.

I REALLY wish I knew how to make gifs.

The contact wasnt incidental.

If that is Matt Ryan or Peyton Manning, the flag is out in the blink of an eye.

petegz28
08-20-2012, 05:53 PM
I REALLY wish I knew how to make gifs.

The contact wasnt incidental.

If that is Matt Ryan or Peyton Manning, the flag is out in the blink of an eye.

It really doesn't matter, dude. He looked like crap and that is the bottom line.

-King-
08-20-2012, 05:54 PM

Defender batted it up. CB read the play the entire way. Broke on the ball perfectly and batted it up before Copper even touched it.

-King-
08-20-2012, 05:54 PM
Dont be stupid.

Plenty of passes are intercepted when balls are batted in the air.

Just Passin' By
08-20-2012, 05:55 PM
Dont be stupid.

Let it go, man. You're wrong about the pass.

jd1020
08-20-2012, 05:57 PM
Defending a 3rd string QB to the death. Dedication. I like it.

petegz28
08-20-2012, 06:00 PM
There is a reason Stanzi was not allowed to play the entire 2nd half.

BossChief
08-20-2012, 06:01 PM
On to the next play...

The kickoff returner runs right past the ball, turns around and picks it up only to pin his own team back at the 10 yard line.

first play, run for 2 yards.

second play is another handoff thats good for 3-4 yards

On the third play, his running back gets blasted so hard that his legs are literally straddling Stanzis left leg while his body is thrown right into Stanzi.

Until that happens, Stanzi is in his throwing motion getting the ball out past the first down marker to Copper on a 5 yard out for a first down.

Im not making this up and its not a Hawkeye Homer talking.

These are EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED.

Stanzi secured the ball with both hands as he went down (by being tripped by his own pass protector) and the Chiefs punt.

Watch the play....no way you can fault Stanzi on that one.

If his blocker doesnt get thrown right into him, he completes the throw for a first down and has some breathing room.

jd1020
08-20-2012, 06:02 PM
Stanzi got love tapped on the head while wearing a helmet. Fumble doesn't count.

BossChief
08-20-2012, 06:03 PM
Let it go, man. You're wrong about the pass.

No, Im not.

jd1020
08-20-2012, 06:05 PM
Stanzi graded out perfectly.

Hammock Parties
08-20-2012, 06:08 PM
You have to admit, Boss.

"Game 6" turned out to be a pretty big fail. LMAO

BossChief
08-20-2012, 06:09 PM
Stanzi got love tapped on the head while wearing a helmet. Fumble doesn't count.

The defender had both hands on Stanzis facemask for 21 frames on my DVR and 36 frames total where he had al least one hand on his helmet...this happened within a second of the snap of the ball because Allen gets walked straight back into the quarterbacks face.

The fumble wouldnt count if the ref would have made the call.

In no way shape or form does that excuse RS from fumbling in the least...if he cant protect the football,he wont play.

These two separate events that occur on the same play arent mutually exclusive.

BossChief
08-20-2012, 06:15 PM
You have to admit, Boss.

"Game 6" turned out to be a pretty big fail. LMAO

Show the gifs.

And dont act like you didnt make supportive comments like "after what I saw in game one of Stanzi in this preseason...I dont think the game 6 stuff is all that far fetched"

That was a comment you made just a few days ago...

Seriously though, show the gifs that show EXACTLY what I'm posting is true...or fuck it, show them to make fun of me and to show how "its just the Iowa homer in BC talking"

Watching the game live on the laptop is worlds different than watching on my 52' Sony...I didnt see most of these details.

jd1020
08-20-2012, 06:16 PM
Watching the game live on the laptop is worlds different than watching on my 52' Sony...I didnt see most of these details.

Where did you buy your TV?

-King-
08-20-2012, 06:17 PM
The defender had both hands on Stanzis facemask for 21 frames on my DVR and 36 frames total where he had al least one hand on his helmet...this happened within a second of the snap of the ball because Allen gets walked straight back into the quarterbacks face.

WTF? I just watched it. The defender had his hands around Stanzis helmet, not his facemask.

Why do you love making shit up?

BossChief
08-20-2012, 06:18 PM
Stanzi graded out perfectly.

:facepalm:

I anxiously await your disappearance once clay shows the gifs.

Fact:

On the plays Stanzi didnt get one of his own teammates thrown right into him, he didnt look bad at all...when he did, the end result of the play was poor.

petegz28
08-20-2012, 06:20 PM

Fact:

On the plays Stanzi didnt get one of his own teammates thrown right into him, he didnt look bad at all...when he did, the end result of the play was poor.

You are the first and only person I have heard say Stanzi didn't have a bad game. The first and only.

jd1020
08-20-2012, 06:21 PM

Should probably strike a confession with billay, then.

BossChief
08-20-2012, 06:21 PM
WTF? I just watched it. The defender had his hands around Stanzis helmet, not his facemask.

Why do you love making shit up?

Watch the slowmotion replay that is shown right after the play.

pause it as the DL reaches out for Stanzi and you will CLEARLY see his hand start just abolve the facemask and work its way down...at the same time, watch the DLs other hand go right on the other side of the facemask.

If you cant see BOTH HANDS on the quarterbacks facemask, you are blind.

Coogs
08-20-2012, 06:22 PM
Works well for Brady.

We have been saying this all offseason. For Cassel to win, we must run the ball and dink and dunk it down the field. That works well when setting on a lead. Not so much from a cople of TD's down.

Three7s
08-20-2012, 06:22 PM
Stanzi was shit and everyone knows it, even the blindest of Iowa homers. Give it up, Boss.

BossChief
08-20-2012, 06:23 PM
You are the first and only person I have heard say Stanzi didn't have a bad game. The first and only.

I never said he didn't have a bad game.

He did.

I'm sorry that you, king and jd1020, cant understand that.

I am showing in detail WHY he had a bad game.

The same details Phobia posted earlier today.

-King-
08-20-2012, 06:24 PM
Watch the slowmotion replay that is shown right after the play.

pause it as the DL reaches out for Stanzi and you will CLEARLY see his hand start just abolve the facemask and work its way down...at the same time, watch the DLs other hand go right on the other side of the facemask.

If you cant see BOTH HANDS on the quarterbacks facemask, you are blind.

It was clear from last week that you guys see Stanzi plays differently from the rest of the world. I shouldn't have expected that to change.

petegz28
08-20-2012, 06:25 PM
We have been saying this all offseason. For Cassel to win, we must run the ball and dink and dunk it down the field. That works well when setting on a lead. Not so much from a cople of TD's down.

Cassel averaged 10.92 yards a pass. That's acceptable.

O.city
08-20-2012, 06:25 PM
If he would average that all year and have this same completion percentage, we could beat some decent teams.

Still needs to attack down the field to some of the Wr's we have.

BossChief
08-20-2012, 06:26 PM
Stanzi was shit and everyone knows it, even the blindest of Iowa homers. Give it up, Boss.

The same was said about his performance in week one until the gifs were posted that showed why the plays didnt have a positive end result.

Titty Meat
08-20-2012, 06:27 PM
The same was said about his performance in week one until the gifs were posted that showed why the plays didnt have a positive end result.

Still holding on?

BossChief
08-20-2012, 06:28 PM
Still holding on?

Watch the replay and try to dispute any of the observations I have posted in this thread.

Hammock Parties
08-20-2012, 06:28 PM
So....Game 60, maybe?

Three7s
08-20-2012, 06:29 PM
That may fool you, but I use the "eye test". The same test I used to tell me whether Cassel sucks or not. Guess what? He's worse than Cassel.

God, that was painful.

BossChief
Apparently, Phobia and myself are the only ones here that took the time to look at the details here and not strictly the end result.

petegz28
If he would average that all year and have this same completion percentage, we could beat some decent teams.

I agree and I don't know what's up with that? I mean there are times in a game when I can see taking the safer play over the riskier one is better. Meaning if you are down by 1 or 2 scores with time left you don't want to **** up a drive trying to get a huge chunk of yards at once when the more conservative plays are yielding results. And given it is preseason you never know what Daboll is telling Cassel and the QB's as far as stuff he wants to see?

Coogs
08-20-2012, 06:30 PM
Cassel averaged 10.92 yards a pass. That's acceptable.

Sure. But bottom line is when we rely on the passing game... we are probably going to lose. Run it. Most likely we win. Not that hard to understand.

petegz28
08-20-2012, 06:31 PM

I will just speculate a little more as well though I do admit it is a bit of a reach but it could be they knew Bowe was coming back so they wanted to get the TE's some work and wait for the WR's to get in their respective positions? I mean preseason is the time to do that and all. Who knows?

I still think Cassel does tend to lose a little confidence in throwing the deep ball in fear of fucking up a drive.

BossChief
08-20-2012, 06:32 PM
So....Game 60, maybe?

Can you at least post a couple screen shots for me?

One of both hands on Stanzis facemask (clearly shows it for 21 frames during the slow mo replay) and the other of the ball placement on the interception.

petegz28
08-20-2012, 06:33 PM
Sure. But bottom line is when we rely on the passing game... we are probably going to lose. Run it. Most likely we win. Not that hard to understand.

I think that can be said about most teams in the NFL. There aren't but 4-5 QB's that can really succeed without a running game. NE uses the dink and dunk as a psuedo-running game. The west coast offense does similar. Overall though if most teams don't have success running the ball they become one dimensional and tend to lose.

-King-
08-20-2012, 06:34 PM

One of both hands on Stanzis facemask (clearly shows it for 21 frames during the slow mo replay) and the other of the ball placement on the interception.

You realize that Copper didn't even touch the ball on that INT? The ball was batted away before Copper could get his hands on it. I don't know about you, but if a CB touches a ball before the WR does, that's probably not a good pass. Agree or disagree?

BossChief
08-20-2012, 06:34 PM
I can say this...Cassel looks like the best quarterback we have at this point.

Lets see how things are going after the next 7 games...

petegz28
08-20-2012, 06:35 PM
You realize that Copper didn't even touch the ball on that INT? The ball was batted away before Copper could get his hands on it. I don't know about you, but if a CB touches a ball before the WR does, that's probably not a good pass. Agree or disagree?

It was a good pass and if I am going to blame Stanzi for anything on that it was the pass got there late. The defender made a good play but he wasn't in Copper's pocket. He came back on that and punched it out. Plus Copper has to do a better job of using his body to shield off the defender.

CoMoChief
08-20-2012, 06:35 PM
We need to see Cassel just wing the fuck out of it all game long against SEA and get his confidence boosted up a lil.

Then watch him throw a 15yd out pattern only to be picked off for a TD and he never attempts another pass that's plus 10yds again.

Coogs
08-20-2012, 06:37 PM
I think that can be said about most teams in the NFL. There aren't but 4-5 QB's that can really succeed without a running game. NE uses the dink and dunk as a psuedo-running game. The west coast offense does similar. Overall though if most teams don't have success running the ball they become one dimensional and tend to lose.

And most all of those teams stay home from the playoffs. Clay has posted the stats.

jd1020
08-20-2012, 06:37 PM
I can say this...Cassel looks like the best quarterback we have at this point.

Lets see how things are going after the next 7 games...

I will say that after 7 games in the regular season, either Cassel or Quinn will be starting. We'll probably sign Tavaris Jackson after SEA releases him if both get injured.

Stanzi just needs a perfect pocket on every play. Sounds an awful lot like a similar QB on the roster that we have all deemed unacceptable.

Hammock Parties
08-20-2012, 06:39 PM

I'm not even through the 1st half yet. I will.

petegz28
08-20-2012, 06:42 PM
And all of those teams stay home from the playoffs. Clay has posted the stats.

Well that's what elite QB's do. If elite QB's were so easy to come by everyone would have one. We don't. I would hardly call Flaco elite yet his team is there every year because of solid defense and solid running and they can run the ball year in and year out. Even the Giants found their running game in the playoffs last year which allowed Manning to be even more effective.

Hammock Parties
08-20-2012, 06:53 PM
I would hardly call Flaco elite yet his team is there every year because of solid defense and solid running and they can run the ball year in and year out. Even the Giants found their running game in the playoffs last year which allowed Manning to be even more effective.

Flacco is better than Cassel. Flacco made plays in the playoffs last year.

We don't need a top 5 QB.

We need a top 12 QB to have a decent chance year in and year out.

BossChief
08-20-2012, 06:55 PM
Can someone walk me through how to take a screen shot and post it here.

The placement of that pass was exactly where it needed to be and I have the preseason live feed paused on the frame showing exactly that.

After I post that screen shot, I can post the screen shots showing BOTH of the defenders hands on Stanzis facemask on the 4th down fumble play.

Hammock Parties
08-20-2012, 06:57 PM
Can someone walk me through how to take a screen shot and post it here.

The placement of that pass was exactly where it needed to be and I have the preseason live feed paused on the frame showing exactly that.

Pause the game.

Start menu - snipping tool

Click, hold and drag the cursor to form a box where you want the screen captured.

Save.

Upload the image and share.

O.city
08-20-2012, 06:57 PM
Boss, if the throw was placed so perfect, and it was in time, how did the defender have time to knock it away?

Was the route not ran well?

ChiefGator
08-20-2012, 07:00 PM
Just got done watching the first half of this game. Cassel looks very improved and has zip on his passes. And some of this passes were while under a good amount of pressure. Really looks like all the work he put in and all the time Zorn has had with him has made a difference. He is, without a doubt, a better QB than he was last year.

McCluster, Hillis, and Charles all look good as well. Albert had a poor game with a couple penalties. Really, though, the first string offense looked pretty good except for the Baldwin fumble which made us get down 14-0 quickly.

Much more encouraged on offense after watching it. Defense... man.. what is going on out there and what is going on with Flowers' foot?

jd1020
I'm trying to figure out how Copper was the 3rd read. I'm watching the play and he's looking straight ahead while taking 2 steps back and then he turns his head right and locks onto Copper.

BossChief
Boss, if the throw was placed so perfect, and it was in time, how did the defender have time to knock it away?

Was the route not ran well?

Copper doesnt even get his hands up to try and catch the pass AT ALL.

Seriously.

The defender is behind Copper on the play and the defenders arm is outstretched past Copper and the defender gets the hand on the ball while Coppers arms are down.

The pass was literally placed between one and two feet in front of Copper.

O.city
08-20-2012, 07:05 PM
I'm still confused as to why a slant would be your third read?

jd1020
08-20-2012, 07:07 PM
I'm still confused as to why a slant would be your third read?

Pretty sure it was his first read, but w/e. He's looking straight ahead as he snaps the ball to watch the defense, for all of a half second, and then locks on to Copper which is probably the reason the ball gets knocked in the air by the defender because he read the QB.

BossChief
08-20-2012, 07:08 PM
Not sure if this is what I was supposed to do or not, but here is my first try at posting a screen shot.

If it worked, how on earth is this ball not place right where it should be?

O.city
08-20-2012, 07:09 PM
Placement was good.

Timing wasn't.

BossChief
08-20-2012, 07:13 PM
I'm trying to figure out how Copper was the 3rd read. I'm watching the play and he's looking straight ahead while taking 2 steps back and then he turns his head right and locks onto Copper.

here ya go

BossChief
08-20-2012, 07:14 PM
Thats kinda fun.

Now, Ill go show some of the DL having both hands on Stanzis facemask.

Gimme a minute

jd1020
here ya go

Proving my point?

O.city
Copper was the first read. He's looking off that LB so he can throw the slant.

Hammock Parties
08-20-2012, 07:23 PM
so proud of my lil bosschief

BossChief
08-20-2012, 07:25 PM

his second read is Maneri

BossChief
08-20-2012, 07:26 PM
NAHHHHHH

He didnt have the facemask AT ALL he just barely touched his helmet is all...

BossChief
08-20-2012, 07:28 PM
Both hands on the facemask, like I said.

That was the fourth down play and that happened after snapping the ball from the 35.

A facemask penalty gives us a first down inside the redzone and nullifies the fumble.

BossChief
08-20-2012, 07:29 PM

After the snap, his facemask points in three directions and the third one is the throw and the ball is out in under 3 seconds.

BossChief
08-20-2012, 07:31 PM
Now, Ill go ahead and show the screen shots of the fullback getting thrown into Stanzi as he is trying to throw to a wide open Terrance Copper on an out route for the first down.

Gimme a few minutes...this is kinda fun.

Hammock Parties
08-20-2012, 07:35 PM
just what the fuck do you think you're doing bosschief

Chiefnj2
08-20-2012, 07:36 PM

I disagree. There is a full compliment of receivers and backs this year. Hard to compare this years weapons with those of the past 3 years.

BossChief
08-20-2012, 07:41 PM
Look at who he is trying to throw to here and how badly the FB gets blasted into him during his throwing motion.

If the fullback holds his ground for a half second, Stanzi completes that pass for a first down....right or wrong?

jd1020
08-20-2012, 07:43 PM
Stanzi is already in throwing motion with the defender who blew up the FB is 3 yards away. Ball should have been gone. Sorry. He shit his pants and held onto the ball.

Coogs
08-20-2012, 07:44 PM
I disagree. There is a full compliment of receivers and backs this year. Hard to compare this years weapons with those of the past 3 years.

We will see. I hope you are right. First two preseason games follow the pattern pretty closely.

Pattern is we win a right around a 75% clip when we run more than we throw. We lose at about a 85% clip when we throw more. So we will win when we pass more. Just not very often.

BossChief
08-20-2012, 07:44 PM
just what the fuck do you think you're doing bosschief

"I just wanted to feel the power of it between my legs, brother" /Steve Buscemi in Armageddon

Really though, just showing the reasons the three plays he is getting torched for, happened at all.

Also, its kinda fun posting screen shots.

Thanks for showing me how.

BossChief
08-20-2012, 07:46 PM
Stanzi is already in throwing motion with the defender who blew up the FB is 3 yards away. Ball should have been gone. Sorry. He shit his pants and held onto the ball.

The fullbacks foot whips Stanzi as he is getting blasted backwards and throws him off balance...in this situation (backed up within our own 15 yard line) its not that bad to take a sack instead of releasing a ball that just might end in a pick 6 if it flutters.

Punt it away and live to fight another day.

ghak99
08-20-2012, 07:47 PM
ROFL

Boss reminds me of a kid with a new toy.

O.city
08-20-2012, 07:47 PM
Maneri is running a seam, Copper is running a slant.

Who's the first read?

BossChief
08-20-2012, 07:52 PM
Maneri is running a seam, Copper is running a slant.

Who's the first read?

His progression goes from left to right.

If the linebacker makes a move to the outside, the ball goes to Maneri.

His first read was the free safety to see if his other wideout would be in one on one coverage.

jd1020
08-20-2012, 07:54 PM
Stanzi sure made a ton of reads to keep a defender from breaking on a slant route. :rolleyes:

O.city
08-20-2012, 07:54 PM
His progression goes from left to right.

If the linebacker makes a move to the outside, the ball goes to Maneri.

His first read was the free safety to see if his other wideout would be in one on one coverage.

Then the throw was late. It's supposed to be on the wr when he comes into his break, not allowing the DB to break on the ball.

Or maybe Copper broke the slant off too soon, I don't know.

BossChief
08-20-2012, 07:59 PM
Look at coppers arms as the ball is right there.

If TC reaches out just a little, he either catches it or it is knocked to the ground.

O.city
08-20-2012, 08:02 PM
He couldn't reach out, he tried to catch it with his arms/body, where the ball is thrown. Which is where it is supposed to be throw.

BossChief
Stanzi sure made a ton of reads to keep a defender from breaking on a slant route. :rolleyes:

JFC

I posted 3 screen shots of him looking in completely different directions and clearly showed why that was.

If you want to act like he just stared down Copper the whole time, go ahead.

Everyone here already knows you are a fucking idiot anyway, whats it gonna hurt to continue to ignore facts to continue being one?

O.city
Look at who he is trying to throw to here and how badly the FB gets blasted into him during his throwing motion.

If the fullback holds his ground for a half second, Stanzi completes that pass for a first down....right or wrong?

Balls gotta come out there.

O.city
08-20-2012, 08:03 PM
JFC

I posted 3 screen shots of him looking in completely different directions and clearly showed why that was.

Everyone here already knows you are a ****ing idiot anyway, whats it gonna hurt to continue to ignore facts to continue being one?

He's looking down the middle of the field on his first step, second step he comes to the right.

BossChief
08-20-2012, 08:05 PM
He couldn't reach out, he tried to catch it with his arms/body, where the ball is thrown. Which is where it is supposed to be throw.

I agree with this.

Great play by the defender and a total fluke the direction the ball got tipped and how far it traveled.

Stanzis fault?

haha, no.

O.city
It shouldn't matter either way on a slant route.

Copper has to make sure that ball is either caught or on the ground.

petegz28
Boss, Stanzi had a terrible game. He held the ball too long several times and made some bad decisions. He showed he is not ready to be a #2 let alone a #1. Maybe in time but right now, no.

jd1020
08-20-2012, 08:06 PM
JFC

Everyone here already knows you are a ****ing idiot anyway, whats it gonna hurt to continue to ignore facts to continue being one?

Everyone knows you would take a bullet for Stanzi. Not surprising you would try to pass off his failures on other players.

BossChief
08-20-2012, 08:07 PM
He's looking down the middle of the field on his first step, second step he comes to the right.

exactly

His first step of his drop is identifying the first step of the free safety

Next he looked a little to the right at Maneri and saw the linebacker had him covered in a zone.

Third, he looked even further to the right and threw the pass to Copper

BossChief
08-20-2012, 08:09 PM
It shouldn't matter either way on a slant route.

Copper has to make sure that ball is either caught or on the ground.

BOOM

Thats what Ive been saying the whole time.

Only an IDIOT (jd1020) would say the blame for that falls on Stanzi.

jd1020
08-20-2012, 08:10 PM
BOOM

Thats what Ive been saying the whole time.

Only an IDIOT (jd1020) would say the blame for that falls on Stanzi.

Where did I blame Stanzi for the interception? Link a quote you stupid mother fucker.

Hammock Parties
08-20-2012, 08:10 PM
yo

only the iceman may finger roll

O.city
08-20-2012, 08:11 PM
exactly

His first step of his drop is identifying the first step of the free safety

Next he looked a little to the right at Maneri and saw the linebacker had him covered in a zone.

Third, he looked even further to the right and threw the pass to Copper

Don't think its the free safety he's checking, I think it's the OLB. He's checking.

It's basically a two read route.

Wherever the backer goes, you go opposite.

BossChief
08-20-2012, 08:11 PM
Balls gotta come out there.

Its a slippery slope, for sure.

If he releases that ball while falling down and it flutters, its a pick 6 from that deep in our own zone.

O.city
08-20-2012, 08:12 PM
Its a slippery slope, for sure.

If he releases that ball while falling down and it flutters, its a pick 6 from that deep in our own zone.

When he's on his front foot, he hasn't been hit yet.

The FB is back close to him, but he hasn't been contacted. It's a throw that has to come out, IMO.

But I get what you are saying.

BossChief
08-20-2012, 08:14 PM
JFC

Everyone here already knows you are a fucking idiot anyway, whats it gonna hurt to continue to ignore facts to continue being one?

Everyone knows you would take a bullet for Stanzi. Not surprising you would try to pass off his failures on other players.

Where did I blame Stanzi for the interception? Link a quote you stupid mother fucker.

you cant be this stupid, oh, sorry, I forgot who I was talking to

jd1020
08-20-2012, 08:16 PM
Not sure how that's blaming Stanzi for the interception. Nice try though, dumbass.

I said Stanzi didn't make 3 reads, as you claim he did. He stared down the slant route and the DB read it and broke on the play. The interception was a fluke.

BossChief
08-20-2012, 08:16 PM
Not sure how that's blaming Stanzi for the interception. Nice try though, dumbass.

jd1020
08-20-2012, 08:21 PM

Facepalm all you want. You are trying to pass off Stanzi's brain fart for hanging onto the ball because a FB got pushed back into after the ball should have been gone. You are trying to pass off Stanzi's horrible fumble on the refs as it shouldn't have happened because of a penalty.

Stanzi sucked. Get over it.

BossChief
08-20-2012, 08:22 PM
here ya go

I said Stanzi didn't make 3 reads, as you claim he did. He stared down the slant route and the DB read it and broke on the play. The interception was a fluke.

Are you saying he was looking at Copper in the first two screenshots?

Seriously?

Watch the fucking play...his throwing motion starts the moment he looks over to Copper on the play.

The ball is out in less than 3 seconds from the time the ball is snapped.

jd1020
08-20-2012, 08:26 PM
I'll be more than happy to watch it AGAIN, just for you. After I get done watching other shows because watching a 3rd string QB isn't at the top of my priority list right now.

BossChief
08-20-2012, 08:28 PM
I'll be more than happy to watch it AGAIN, just for you. After I get done watching other shows because watching a 3rd string QB isn't at the top of my priority list right now.

You dont even have to watch it.

Just look at those three screenshots that are right in front of your face.

Are you trying to tell everybody that he is looking in the same direction on all three?

If the answer is yes, you are one of the biggest imbeciles this site has ever had to offer.

BTW the reason he is looking in three different directions isnt because he is staring down one guy the whole time, idiot.

jd1020
08-20-2012, 08:31 PM
You dont even have to watch it.

Just look at those three screenshots that are right in front of your face.

Are you trying to tell everybody that he is looking in the same direction on all three?

If the answer is yes, you are one of the biggest imbeciles this site has ever had to offer.

BTW the reason he is looking in three different directions isnt because he is staring down one guy the whole time, idiot.

Get back to me with a clip of the play and not a single frame in time where Stanzi was beginning to look to his right and Maneri just happened to be in the picture.

Maneri's route breaks toward the left (short post I believe is the proper term for his route), so wtf is he reading by looking to the right?

Saccopoo
08-20-2012, 08:36 PM
Just finished watching the game. Thoughts:

- Stanzi wasn't as bad as everyone is trying to make it out to be around here. Piss poor blocking by Allen, the RG and the FB lead to bad plays. He showed nice touch on the ball and looked okay to me.

- Branden Albert sucks. No shit. Serious. Guy is a lunger. Horrible footwork.

- Dontari Poe is horrible. Third quarter in a single series he let the running back go right past him three times. Got stood up by the center or guard all night on single teams. His football skill level is near zero. He's going to require some serious coaching and time to become a decent football player if it even ever happens.

- I'd like to see Brady Quinn play with the first team. I'm sick of watching Matt Cassel go through a single receiver progression and dump it off to the safety valve running back. I'm also sick of Cassel throwing the ball into the facemasks of the defense. Quinn, playing with the thirds, was a better QB by a long shot.

- Dexter McCluster looked pretty damn good and made several nice catches.

- Peyton Hillis is a horse and looks ready to mow people down.

- Michael Brockers owned Lilja. Owned. Allen looked like shit. Harris looked like shit. Left guard is a concern.

- Jerrell Powe needs to get first team reps. He's made some really nice plays in two straight games. Filled the gaps well while he was on the field and got two really nice QB pressures against the Rams.

- Kevin Boss is a major, major upgrade over Pope and I have no worry if Moeaki falls apart in 2012. Boss can play.

- Jalil Brown stood out on several plays. Showed nice coverage at CB and gets after it on special teams.

BossChief
08-20-2012, 08:38 PM
Get back to me with a clip of the play and not a single frame in time where Stanzi was beginning to look to his right and Maneri just happened to be in the picture.

Maneri's route breaks toward the left (short post I believe is the proper term for his route), so wtf is he reading by looking to the right?

Whats the point, you wouldn't understand the answer.

In your pea sized brain, Stanzi never looks anywhere but at Copper.

O.city
08-20-2012, 08:39 PM
Lilja just can't handle stronger guys. He's pure finesse at this point. I'd rather put Allen in and let him grow there with the other guys.

Poe, at this point, is a pass rusher only. He can't 2 gap, technique, like Sac said, isn't close at all.

Albert, IMO, seems like a guy that loses focus alot. When he's locked in, he's a good player. When he's not, he gets sloppy.

jd1020
08-20-2012, 08:39 PM
Whats the point, you wouldn't understand the answer.

In your pea sized brain, Stanzi never looks anywhere but at Copper.

I've already said he looks straight ahead for 2 steps and then looks right and locks onto Copper. He makes 2 reads, at most.

I just rewatched it during a commercial break and there are 2 defenders reading his eyes and they are both closing in on Copper.

BossChief
08-20-2012, 08:40 PM
Just finished watching the game. Thoughts:

- Stanzi wasn't as bad as everyone is trying to make it out to be around here. Piss poor blocking by Allen, the RG and the FB lead to bad plays. He showed nice touch on the ball and looked okay to me.

- Dexter McCluster looked pretty damn good and made several nice catches.

- Jerrell Powe needs to get first team reps. He's made some really nice plays in two straight games. Filled the gaps well while he was on the field and got two really nice QB pressures against the Rams.

- Jalil Brown stood out on several plays. Showed nice coverage at CB and gets after it on special teams.

I simply cant believe I am agreeing with sac....but I am.

I agree with all of this.

O.city
08-20-2012, 08:42 PM
Allen looked great game 1, bad game 2.

BossChief
08-20-2012, 08:45 PM
I've already said he looks straight ahead for 2 steps and then looks right and locks onto Copper. He makes 2 reads, at most.

I just rewatched it during a commercial break and there are 2 defenders reading his eyes and they are both closing in on Copper.

See...in your pea sized brain, a quarterback doesn't even read the movements of the defenders, only the receivers.

At least you have moved off the "he stared Copper down the whole time" dumbassery and moved up to "he makes two reads, at most"

Now, you just need to try and figure out what Stanzi is doing in that first screenshot where he is looking nowhere near Maneri.

Hint: O. City and I have already given you the answer.

jd1020
08-20-2012, 08:47 PM
See...in your pea sized brain, a quarterback doesn't even read the movements of the defenders, only the receivers.

At least you have moved off the "he stared Copper down the whole time" dumbassery and moved up to "he makes two reads, at most"

Now, you just need to try and figure out what Stanzi is doing in that first screenshot where he is looking nowhere near Maneri.

Hint: O. City and I have already given you the answer.

He could very well be reading Maneri's route when he was looking straight ahead because that's exactly where Maneri is ****ing going. Or he could just be looking that way to keep the defenders from breaking on the slant. Who the **** knows? Which is why I said 2 reads at most.

And I was never on the "he only stared down Copper" you ****ing buffoon.

BossChief
08-20-2012, 08:47 PM
Allen looked great game 1, bad game 2.

Once he settles in and solidifys his technique at this level (which we have the coaching staff to do) the kid is gonna be pretty fucking good.

He is used to being a tackle and dealing with speed.

He needs to learn to lower his center to anchor against stronger and heavier DTs.

Chiefnj2
08-20-2012, 08:48 PM
- Branden Albert sucks. No shit. Serious. Guy is a lunger. Horrible footwork.

Shocking, you are critical of Albert.

O.city
08-20-2012, 08:48 PM
I think Allen is gonna be a really good player too, we need him to be good soon.

BossChief
08-20-2012, 08:54 PM
Pretty sure it was his first read, but w/e.

He stared down the slant route and the DB read it and broke on the play.

yeah, you never said he only stared down Copper on the slant.

Now, dance.

jd1020
08-20-2012, 08:55 PM
Pretty sure it was his first read, but w/e. He's looking straight ahead as he snaps the ball to watch the defense, for all of a half second, and then locks on to Copper which is probably the reason the ball gets knocked in the air by the defender because he read the QB.

Why don't you quote the whole post you idiot?

He stared down the slant route. Come up with a good fucking reason on why he would be reading Maneri's route when Maneri is going in the other fucking direction.

Now, dance.

BossChief
08-20-2012, 09:02 PM
Wow, u dumb.

Did you even read the rest of the post that I didnt keep on there because it was irrelevant to the disagreement?

The part where you said he only looked at anybody but Copper for "all of a half second"

Then, a few words later, you said he locked onto him....then, a few posts later, you said you never said he starred Copper down.

You're so fucking stupid, you cant even keep your own posts straight.

The second he looks at Copper, the ball comes out.

He NEVER stares/locks on to him.

Saccopoo
08-20-2012, 09:02 PM
Shocking, you are critical of Albert.

Just calling it as I see it. He looked like shit in this game. He was punching/lunging all night, didn't move his feet and was simply sloppy all around.

Did you watch this game? What did you think of his performance?

jd1020
08-20-2012, 09:04 PM
Wow, u dumb.

Did you even read the rest of the post that I didnt keep on there because it was irrelevant to the disagreement?

The part where you said he only looked at anybody but Copper for "all of a half second"

Then, a few words later, you said he locked onto him....then, a few posts later, you said you never said he starred Copper down.

You're so ****ing stupid, you cant even keep your own posts straight.

The second he looks at Copper, the ball comes out.

He NEVER stares/locks on to him.

I give. You are right. He was clearly looking at Maneri, who is running a short post up the middle, by looking to his right.

Stanzi is amazing. The defenders were psychic and didn't read his eyes. Copper failed and didn't knock the ball down. Nothing Stanzi did caused that INT to happen.

Maybe you can post a screenshot of how wide open Maneri was when he made his cut inside.

BossChief
08-20-2012, 09:15 PM
jd1020, I'm sorry that you cant understand simple things, even when they are explained to you in detail.

I really am.

If you can't tell that Stanzi is looking in three different directions in those pics, NOBODY here can help you.

jd1020
08-20-2012, 09:17 PM
jd1020, I'm sorry that you cant understand simple things, even when they are explained to you in detail.

I really am.

If you can't tell that Stanzi is looking in three different directions in those pics, NOBODY here can help you.

I already said you were right, bro.

He made 3 reads.

#1 up the middle.

#2 at Maneri, who just so happens ends up pretty ****ing open up the middle.

#3 at a slant route getting jumped on with another defender eeking his way over.

What more would you like?

Hammock Parties
08-20-2012, 09:19 PM
Would a GIF settle this? Show me on the doll where ricky stanzi touched you.

jd1020
08-20-2012, 09:23 PM
Would a GIF settle this? Show me on the doll where ricky stanzi touched you.

Please do, because I keep looking at the replay of the camera looking right into his eyes and I can't seem to find this 3rd location.

Hammock Parties
08-20-2012, 09:25 PM
Down, distance, clock time, quarter.

jd1020
08-20-2012, 09:26 PM
Down, distance, clock time, quarter.

2 & 11, Chiefs 18, 14:15, 3rd quarter.

Hammock Parties
08-20-2012, 09:46 PM
Looks like two reads to me. Maneri is the first read.

http://i.imgur.com/nqlvd.gif

He comes off Maneri because of the LB drifting in coverage right in front of him.

Maneri looks wide open AFTER Stanzi has thrown the ball and the LB has reacted.

BossChief
08-20-2012, 09:50 PM
1 straight ahead...maybe a hair to the left...hard to be decisive about it.
2 slightly to the right
3 all the way to the rigth

jd1020
08-20-2012, 09:51 PM

He comes off Maneri because of the LB drifting in coverage right in front of him.

Pretty much what I was saying. Look up the middle to begin the play to possibly read Maneri's route, but he looked off of it so fast I wasn't ready to call it a read and then he looked right to the slant and didn't look anywhere else.

I still think he could have hit Maneri. The LB is drifting right and Maneri is going left. As soon as he breaks he could have lead him and hit him for a first, but we'll never know.

BossChief
08-20-2012, 09:52 PM
MOAR

BossChief
08-20-2012, 09:53 PM
Pretty much what I was saying. Look up the middle to begin the play to, possibly read Maneri's route, but he looked off of it so fast I wasn't ready to call it a read and then he looked right to the slant and didn't look anywhere else.

I still think he could have hit Maneri. The LB is drifting right and Maneri is going left. As soon as he breaks he could have lead him and hit him for a first, but we'll never know.

what do you think he is doing when he is looking straight ahead?

Checking the price of nachos?

Stanzi goes through his reads a lot faster than people expect.

jd1020
08-20-2012, 09:54 PM
what do you think he is doing when he is looking straight ahead?

Pretty sure I just said what I thought.

Hammock Parties
08-20-2012, 09:55 PM

Who cares?

There's plenty of nail Stanzi for. This isn't one of the plays.

jd1020
08-20-2012, 09:56 PM
Who cares?

There's plenty of nail Stanzi for. This isn't one of the plays.

Never said it was.

Just tired of the Stanzi apologists making shit up and calling everyone idiots. I never blamed Stanzi for the fluke play. I was just trying to figure out where the hell this phantom "3rd read" came from.

BossChief
08-20-2012, 10:01 PM
I just played the same play on my Sony 52" top of the line LCD off my directv box and you can see the three places he looks clear as day.

A lot easier to tell than on a smaller gif...but I can clearly see the three angles he looks at during the play on both mediums.

jd1020
08-20-2012, 10:01 PM
Never give up, never surrender!

BossChief
08-20-2012, 10:03 PM
Seriously...

if he had made a gif of the very first replay it shows of the play, it shows Stanzis face and you can EASILY see all three places he looks.

Its not even debatable.

ghak99
08-20-2012, 11:04 PM

This play was not even on my list of Stanzi facepalms while watching the game, but this gif makes me wonder if he waited for the receiver to stop and turn around before throwing the pass.

Hammock Parties
08-20-2012, 11:26 PM
Wow.

Stanzi's OL did not do him any favors.

Yeah, that first sack is all on him for holding it too long.

This shit is on his OL, and Cassel draws a flag here. WTF is Stanzi supposed to do? He completes his drop and immediately gets a big bear claw in the face.

http://i.imgur.com/8RvRq.gif

Stanzi is being painted pretty badly.

Here is the worst thing he did: he missed this open guy, which led to him getting sacked on the next play, which led to the ill-fated 4th down.

http://i.imgur.com/QCupR.jpg

After that his night was over, which kinda sucked.

"Game 6" was still pretty stupid of an idea, but anyone giving up on Stanzi because of this is ignorant.

BossChief
08-20-2012, 11:35 PM
If that facemask is called, it nullifies the fumble and gives us a first down in the red zone.

That changes everything.

Hammock Parties
08-20-2012, 11:52 PM
Just saw Stanzi's last snap.

Nate Eachus is a fucking pussy.

How about that run-run-pass-punt bullshit, too, eh?

Not giving up on Stanzi.

Hammock Parties
08-20-2012, 11:53 PM
Stanzi pulled that ball down because if he releases it, the corner was closing on an out for a probable pick. Either that or the DE bats it down. That was a heads up play.

Not his fault Nate Eachus is made of kittens.

Hammock Parties
08-20-2012, 11:56 PM
Allen Bailey did not have a good game at all.

Watching him get pushed around by 3rd teamers.

Not real impressed.

Hammock Parties
08-20-2012, 11:58 PM
Wow, did that pussy Nate Eachus just fumble?

Cut that white boy.

BossChief
08-21-2012, 12:14 AM
Just saw Stanzi's last snap.

Nate Eachus is a fucking pussy.

How about that run-run-pass-punt bullshit, too, eh?

Not giving up on Stanzi.Me neither.

Even with the RRPP BS, if the pussy fullback doesnt get thrown right into him, he completes the out route for the first down.

Stanzi pulled that ball down because if he releases it, the corner was closing on an out for a probable pick. Either that or the DE bats it down. That was a heads up play.

Only on Chiefs Planet will you see a play where your own fullback getting thrown into you as you throw the ball from inside your own 20 and pull it down to avoid a pick is a "terrible play by Stanzi"

Hammock Parties
08-21-2012, 12:15 AM
I don't think Stanzi lost the #2 job, but Quinn might have won it with that TD throw.

That was sick, and Cassel can't hit that pass.

Pestilence fapped to that.

Anyway, looking forward to Stanzi taking Cassel's job in Game 6, 2013.

BossChief
08-21-2012, 12:16 AM
When are the first cuts?

Hammock Parties
08-21-2012, 12:17 AM
I don't know, but I'd cut Dexter before Jeremy Horne. :evil:

BossChief
08-21-2012, 12:19 AM
ROFL

If Dexter gets 600 yards, can I get a Stanzi jersey instead?

DaneMcCloud
08-21-2012, 12:20 AM
Does every thread around here these days devolve into a Stanzi thread?

BossChief
08-21-2012, 12:21 AM
only when somebody doesnt start a thread about it.

Hammock Parties
08-21-2012, 12:45 AM
ROFL

If Dexter gets 600 yards, can I get a Stanzi jersey instead?

You can get any jersey you want.

BossChief
08-21-2012, 12:52 AM
You better hope the team stays healthy on offense...

BossChief
08-21-2012, 12:57 AM

It's debates about exactly that type of play that divides people that either love the kid, or hate him.

I think more times than not, the kid makes the right decision but not everyone sees it the same way.

Hammock Parties
08-21-2012, 01:17 AM
You better hope the team stays healthy on offense...

Dexter is at greater risk than anyone else. He's the smallest player on the field.

BossChief
08-21-2012, 01:38 AM
I only have 4 Chiefs Jerseys that aren't signed.

94 Montana Mitchell n ness
96 DT pro bowl Mitchell n ness
Home Bowe Jersey
Home Dorsey Jersey

After 2012, the Bowe and Dorsey jerseys might get retired and I'll need a new one of a current player.

A Stanzi jersey will be perfect.

NJChiefsFan
08-21-2012, 02:29 AM
Not sure if it was covered but for the out-of-towners who had to watch the nfl net telecast, the rams booth was un-bearable.

SAUTO
08-21-2012, 04:33 AM
Funny that clay has trolled around here since the game about Stanzi , now it's looking like he just actually , you know SAW the game
Posted via Mobile Device

jd1020
08-21-2012, 06:08 AM
Not sure if it was covered but for the out-of-towners who had to watch the nfl net telecast, the rams booth was un-bearable.

I didn't really listen to what they were saying. The one thing I did pick up on and laughed hysterically at was when the refs spotted the Rams D 34 yards and they praised the Rams #2 D for stopping the Chiefs #1 O. Of course the resident Rams fan had to come in and agree with them, which made it even better.

King_Chief_Fan
08-21-2012, 06:30 AM

i got tired of hearing...."the Chiefs are still playing their starters, and we have in our 2nd string"

Black Bob
08-21-2012, 06:43 AM
I finally watched the first half. I still haven't seen the second but will watch it tonight.

Shane Bannon is terrible. Last year, he couldn't get to his block fast enough. This year it's the same thing. I don't care if he's smart. He sucks balls.

Lilja is still the weak spot on the o-line. The jail break always starts with Lilja. Allen needs to start.

Routt was not good. He was picked on a bit and should have been called for pass interference.

Boss should start over Moeaki. Tony is not a good blocker and isn't getting open. He should be the #2 TE in my opinion.

Pitoitua got a long look with the first team and he played poorly. Harvey Dahl and the back up center just whipped his ass. Toribido hardly played.

I thought Jalil Brown had a very good game. He should start over Routt. Routt should start in the nickel. He has played there for most of his career.

I think we will sign one of the Rams FBs. We have already had Mughelli in for a visit and they won't keep two of them. Brit Miller is also very good but they will probably keep him. Daboll needs a blocking FB to run his offense and we don't have one.

Cassel looked great. He got rid of the ball and made great reads. Had a great 3rd down pass to McCluster.

Boss looked really good and will make an impact.

Poe looked excellent. He was the best d-linemen in the first half.

Asamoah dominated at RG. He and Winston just plow the road. They are really nasty together.

I thought the Rams opened their playbook and the Chiefs were very vanilla. We never rushed more than five and played three basic defenses the entire first half. This is why you saw Belcher cover the TE etc.

I'm not worried.

Black Bob
08-21-2012, 06:44 AM
i got tired of hearing...."the Chiefs are still playing their starters, and we have in our 2nd string"

Yeah, it wasn't as much of their second team as they were making it out to be. What about the mustaches? What the fuck was that?

jd1020
08-21-2012, 06:58 AM
When was Routt called for PI? I only remember 1 PI call and it was Arenas.

Black Bob
08-21-2012, 06:59 AM
When was Routt called for PI? I only remember 1 PI call and it was Arenas.

He didn't get called. He got away with it.

jd1020
08-21-2012, 07:00 AM
When? I don't recall him getting picked on in the game. Brown was.

Black Bob
08-21-2012, 07:12 AM
When? I don't recall him getting picked on in the game. Brown was.

Brown was only thrown at twice. He gave up a catch on the slant and that was it. He had a nice diving break up in the first quarter. He played really well.

Routt got burned on the first play. Later, he got away with pass interference on Steve Smith when they tried to go deep on him again. The announcers kept talking about Smith's sneaky speed.

Chiefs=Champions
08-21-2012, 07:28 AM
The Rams commentary team is as bad as they come. Horrible.

Red Beans
08-21-2012, 07:28 AM
Brown was only thrown at twice. He gave up a catch on the slant and that was it. He had a nice diving break up in the first quarter. He played really well.

Routt got burned on the first play. Later, he got away with pass interference on Steve Smith when they tried to go deep on him again. The announcers kept talking about Smith's sneaky speed.

He didn't get away with shit. He and Smith we're playing patty-cake all the way down the field. The refs let it go because they both were doing it, and it didn't really impact the play. You flaming Routt based on what should have been PI is stupid because PI has developed into a pretty subjective penalty over the last five years or so.

Black Bob
08-21-2012, 07:42 AM
He didn't get away with shit. He and Smith we're playing patty-cake all the way down the field. The refs let it go because they both were doing it, and it didn't really impact the play. You flaming Routt based on what should have been PI is stupid because PI has developed into a pretty subjective penalty over the last five years or so.

I think you're way off. Yep, they were both doing it but, Routt will get called for that more often than not. Offensive pass interference is very rare. Furthermore, Routt is the guy who lead the league in pass interference calls last season. Also, he was the most penalized player on the most penalized team. Personally, I think he got away with it because of the replacement officials. The regular officials would have called that. Especially on Routt. They will be watching him close. Routt is one of the fastest players in the league. Don't you find it odd they went deep on him twice in the first quarter?

The chances of them beating him or getting a pass interference call are probably better than him knocking it down or getting a pick. Let's hope this isn't a sign of what is to come.

royr17
08-21-2012, 08:00 AM
I don't know, but I'd cut Dexter before Jeremy Horne. :evil:

thats just retarded. i havent seen anything ever from horne to warrant him being better than dexter. dexter can do alot of things, he can cover the slot, play rb, be a return man, he is a player that daboll can do alot of exciting things with, all horne can do is be a receiver and a gunner on special teams, and maybe return kicks.

point of the matter is i like mccluster way better than i do horne, with all of the offensive weapons if u get mccluster out there one on one, he's goin to make somebody eat his lunch.

-King-
08-21-2012, 03:43 PM
Awwww. Papa bear supporting his young.

Cassel on Stanzi’s Performance

Crennel is yet to declare a definitive No. 2 quarterback behind Matt Cassel, but the Chiefs starting quarterback gave his two cents regarding Ricky Stanzi’s outing Saturday night in St. Louis.

Stanzi completed three of his four pass attempts, but was picked off once and lost a fumble while taking a sack. He was sacked a total of four times and the Chiefs netted just 14 yards during his four offensive possessions.

Cassel took the first five offensive drives against the Rams and Brady Quinn replaced Stanzi in the fourth quarter to command the Chiefs final two possessions.

“When you go and watch the film it’s not always as bad as it seems,” Cassel said. “I thought Ricky went out there and he competed. Sometimes as a quarterback things don’t go as planned, but the thing I like about Ricky is that he always bounces back. Even after the interception, or if something bad happens, he comes back and says, ‘okay, what’s next.’

“You’ve got to have that kind of demeanor and I love that about Ricky. He’s ready to come back and ready to get back to work this week. He’s not hanging his head or anything like that and that’s part of playing the quarterback position. You have to take the good with the bad.”

-King-
08-21-2012, 03:45 PM
Quarterback Stats Through Two Preseason Games
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="540"><tbody><tr> <td valign="bottom" width="76" nowrap="nowrap"> Passing
</td> <td valign="bottom" width="27" nowrap="nowrap"> Att
</td> <td valign="bottom" width="35" nowrap="nowrap"> Cmp
</td> <td valign="bottom" width="29" nowrap="nowrap"> Yds
</td> <td valign="bottom" width="47" nowrap="nowrap"> Cmp%
</td> <td valign="bottom" width="55" nowrap="nowrap"> Yds/Att
</td> <td valign="bottom" width="23" nowrap="nowrap"> TD
</td> <td valign="bottom" width="35" nowrap="nowrap"> TD%
</td> <td valign="bottom" width="28" nowrap="nowrap"> INT
</td> <td valign="bottom" width="39" nowrap="nowrap"> INT%
</td> <td valign="bottom" width="36" nowrap="nowrap"> Long
</td> <td valign="bottom" width="65" nowrap="nowrap"> Sack/Lost
</td> <td valign="bottom" width="47" nowrap="nowrap"> Rating
</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="bottom" width="76" nowrap="nowrap"> Cassel
</td> <td valign="bottom" width="27" nowrap="nowrap"> 24
</td> <td valign="bottom" width="35" nowrap="nowrap"> 18
</td> <td valign="bottom" width="29" nowrap="nowrap"> 209
</td> <td valign="bottom" width="47" nowrap="nowrap"> 75.0
</td> <td valign="bottom" width="55" nowrap="nowrap"> 8.7
</td> <td valign="bottom" width="23" nowrap="nowrap"> 1
</td> <td valign="bottom" width="35" nowrap="nowrap"> 4.2
</td> <td valign="bottom" width="28" nowrap="nowrap"> 0
</td> <td valign="bottom" width="39" nowrap="nowrap"> 0
</td> <td valign="bottom" width="36" nowrap="nowrap"> 29
</td> <td valign="bottom" width="65" nowrap="nowrap"> 1/12
</td> <td valign="bottom" width="47" nowrap="nowrap"> 114.8
</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="bottom" width="76" nowrap="nowrap"> Quinn
</td> <td valign="bottom" width="27" nowrap="nowrap"> 19
</td> <td valign="bottom" width="35" nowrap="nowrap"> 12
</td> <td valign="bottom" width="29" nowrap="nowrap"> 151
</td> <td valign="bottom" width="47" nowrap="nowrap"> 63.2
</td> <td valign="bottom" width="55" nowrap="nowrap"> 7.9
</td> <td valign="bottom" width="23" nowrap="nowrap"> 1
</td> <td valign="bottom" width="35" nowrap="nowrap"> 5.3
</td> <td valign="bottom" width="28" nowrap="nowrap"> 1
</td> <td valign="bottom" width="39" nowrap="nowrap"> 5.3
</td> <td valign="bottom" width="36" nowrap="nowrap"> 38t
</td> <td valign="bottom" width="65" nowrap="nowrap"> 0/0
</td> <td valign="bottom" width="47" nowrap="nowrap"> 83.4
</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="bottom" width="76" nowrap="nowrap"> Stanzi
</td> <td valign="bottom" width="27" nowrap="nowrap"> 11
</td> <td valign="bottom" width="35" nowrap="nowrap"> 5
</td> <td valign="bottom" width="29" nowrap="nowrap"> 66
</td> <td valign="bottom" width="47" nowrap="nowrap"> 45.5
</td> <td valign="bottom" width="55" nowrap="nowrap"> 6
</td> <td valign="bottom" width="23" nowrap="nowrap"> 0
</td> <td valign="bottom" width="35" nowrap="nowrap"> 0
</td> <td valign="bottom" width="39" nowrap="nowrap"> 9.1
</td> <td valign="bottom" width="36" nowrap="nowrap"> 27
</td> <td valign="bottom" width="65" nowrap="nowrap"> 4/32
</td> <td valign="bottom" width="47" nowrap="nowrap"> 27.14
</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="bottom" width="76" nowrap="nowrap"> Team
</td> <td valign="bottom" width="27" nowrap="nowrap"> 54
</td> <td valign="bottom" width="35" nowrap="nowrap"> 35
</td> <td valign="bottom" width="29" nowrap="nowrap"> 426
</td> <td valign="bottom" width="47" nowrap="nowrap"> 64.8
</td> <td valign="bottom" width="55" nowrap="nowrap"> 7.9
</td> <td valign="bottom" width="23" nowrap="nowrap"> 2
</td> <td valign="bottom" width="35" nowrap="nowrap"> 3.7
</td> <td valign="bottom" width="28" nowrap="nowrap"> 2
</td> <td valign="bottom" width="39" nowrap="nowrap"> 3.7
</td> <td valign="bottom" width="36" nowrap="nowrap"> 38t
</td> <td valign="bottom" width="65" nowrap="nowrap"> 5/44
</td> <td valign="bottom" width="47" nowrap="nowrap"> 85.9
</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="bottom" width="76" nowrap="nowrap"> Opponents
</td> <td valign="bottom" width="27" nowrap="nowrap"> 57
</td> <td valign="bottom" width="35" nowrap="nowrap"> 36
</td> <td valign="bottom" width="29" nowrap="nowrap"> 414
</td> <td valign="bottom" width="47" nowrap="nowrap"> 63.5
</td> <td valign="bottom" width="55" nowrap="nowrap"> 7.3
</td> <td valign="bottom" width="23" nowrap="nowrap"> 3
</td> <td valign="bottom" width="35" nowrap="nowrap"> 5.3
</td> <td valign="bottom" width="39" nowrap="nowrap"> 1.8
</td> <td valign="bottom" width="36" nowrap="nowrap"> 35
</td> <td valign="bottom" width="65" nowrap="nowrap"> 9/58
</td> <td valign="bottom" width="47" nowrap="nowrap"> 95.2
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Hammock Parties
08-21-2012, 04:25 PM
with all of the offensive weapons if u get mccluster out there one on one, he's goin to make somebody eat his lunch.

I wish you'd eat shit.

Titty Meat
08-21-2012, 04:27 PM

He knows the longer we keep him around the less competition there will be for his job.

KCUnited
08-21-2012, 04:30 PM
The good news is that you know you're coming down the home stretch of preseason when someone goes full Heather Brooke on the #3 QB on the roster.

The Franchise
08-21-2012, 04:38 PM
I don't think Stanzi lost the #2 job, but Quinn might have won it with that TD throw.

That was sick, and Cassel can't hit that pass.

Pestilence fapped to that.

Anyway, looking forward to Stanzi taking Cassel's job in Game 6, 2013.

ROFL

SAUTO
08-21-2012, 04:58 PM

He saw a lot of himself in that performance...
Posted via Mobile Device

aturnis
08-21-2012, 05:41 PM
Its hard to tell...Copper has two hands out and the defender slips one hand in at the last second.

To me, it seems as if the ball comes off Coppers hands and hits either a shoulderpad or maybe even his own helmet and thats was deflects it a full 5 yards backwards.

Actually watch frame by frame of the replay from behind the play. At first I thought Johnson had his arm around Coppers waist, which is PI, but he actually has Coppers left elbow it seems, pinning his left arm to his body. If he doesn't get his arm around Copper, he'd never be able to put himself into position to bat the ball.

royr17
08-21-2012, 05:51 PM
I wish you'd eat shit.

Why dont you shut the hell up and go see your boyfriend.

-King-
08-21-2012, 11:27 PM
Is there a reason you're posting gifs on AP and not on here GoChiefs?

NJChiefsFan
08-21-2012, 11:34 PM
Yeah, it wasn't as much of their second team as they were making it out to be. What about the mustaches? What the **** was that?

Jeff Fisher dick sucking. I think the most repeated quote every preseason in local booths is after the home team struggles and they give the old "well how many years in a row did the Colts not win a preseason game?"

Black Bob
08-22-2012, 02:43 PM
Allen Bailey has been terrible. I watched him quite a bit. He has definately hit the sophmore slump and it seems like his motor is gone. Maybe last year went to his head? Let's hope he gets it together.

-King-
08-22-2012, 03:19 PM
Fuck it.

GIF'D UP: Dontari Poe vs Rams

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/profile_images/503049/woo_tiny.jpg by Clay Wendler (http://www.sbnation.com/users/Clay%20Wendler) on Aug 21, 2012 7:13 PM CDT (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2012/8/21/3259076/gifd-up-dontari-poe-vs-rams)

So our defense pretty much got handled by the St. Louis Rams (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/st-louis-rams) last Saturday, but there's something positive to focus on with Dontari Poe (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/152658/dontari-poe). Most notably, his pass rush.

Poe played a lot against St. Louis. He was in the game early in the first quarter and was still playing into the fourth quarter. He got plenty of chances to make something happen, and he did just that on several snaps. I thought there was a clear difference in Poe from his first pro game to his second pro game, so that's encouraging.
Hit the jump to see the GIFs of Dontari Poe blasting off the line and into the backfield, scaring quarterbacks.

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/images/blog/star-divide.v59c7267.jpg

This play comes early in the first quarter on the Rams' second drive. It's third down and Poe is involved in a stunt with Tamba Hali (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/2371/tamba-hali). No sack, but he gets good pressure and forces a bit of an awkward throw from Sam Bradford (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/108591/sam-bradford), who he then lays a nice hit on. Result of the play was a third-down stop, and on the next snap St. Louis scored on fourth down.

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1163220/poe_medium.gif (http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1163220/poe.gif)

(http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1163220/poe.gif)Later in the game against the St. Louis second string, Poe picks up a definite tipped pass. No doubt this week (unlike last week where it was questionable). (http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1163220/poe.gif)Stanford Routt (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/3336/stanford-routt) almost picked this pass off.

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1163223/poetip_medium.gif (http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1163223/poetip.gif)

(http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1163223/poetip.gif)Here's a nice example of Poe's quickness on another stunt. He gets into the backfield really fast on this snap and comes really close to getting a sack...twice. You'll also notice his pressure makes (http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1163223/poetip.gif)Kellen Clemens (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/1216/kellen-clemens) pull the ball down when he could have thrown it to the RB.

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1163226/poe2_medium.gif (http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1163226/poe2.gif)

Here's the play in real time so you can see how fast Poe got into the backfield. Scary.

(http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1163226/poe2.gif)http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1163229/poefast_medium.gif (http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1163229/poefast.gif)

Let's take a look at Poe vs the run. This play doesn't seem like much, especially because the RB is headed for a giant hole. But Poe does a nice job holding the point and trying to get off his block. He makes the RB change direction, and had Brandon Bair (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/130947/brandon-bair) not been held on this play it would have been stuffed. Since Bair did indeed draw a holding call on this, this was a positive play.

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1163232/poe3_medium.gif (http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1163232/poe3.gif)

OK, this would make any quarterback soil himself. Poe destroys the middle of St. Louis' pass protection on this play and he's headed for a sure sack/QB mauling if Brandon Siler (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/16815/brandon-siler) doesn't have an unblocked shot instead. Love seeing this.

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1163238/poe5_medium.gif (http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1163238/poe5.gif)

And speaking of enormous Kansas City Chiefs (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/kansas-city-chiefs) doin' work...

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1163241/powe_medium.gif (http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1163241/powe.gif)

(http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1163241/powe.gif)http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1163244/houstonsrich_medium.gif (http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1163244/houstonsrich.gif)

Oh, that's fun.

GIF'D UP will be back tomorrow with some offensive GIFs, and we'll read 400 comments about Matt Cassel (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/1659/matt-cassel).

Pasta Little Brioni
08-22-2012, 04:29 PM
Geez, look how much different he is when he's not trolling.

Sorter
08-22-2012, 04:39 PM
The last gif is the best.

Three7s
08-22-2012, 04:53 PM
I finally watched the first half. I still haven't seen the second but will watch it tonight.

Shane Bannon is terrible. Last year, he couldn't get to his block fast enough. This year it's the same thing. I don't care if he's smart. He sucks balls.

Lilja is still the weak spot on the o-line. The jail break always starts with Lilja. Allen needs to start.

Routt was not good. He was picked on a bit and should have been called for pass interference.

Boss should start over Moeaki. Tony is not a good blocker and isn't getting open. He should be the #2 TE in my opinion.

Pitoitua got a long look with the first team and he played poorly. Harvey Dahl and the back up center just whipped his ass. Toribido hardly played.

I thought Jalil Brown had a very good game. He should start over Routt. Routt should start in the nickel. He has played there for most of his career.

I think we will sign one of the Rams FBs. We have already had Mughelli in for a visit and they won't keep two of them. Brit Miller is also very good but they will probably keep him. Daboll needs a blocking FB to run his offense and we don't have one.

Cassel looked great. He got rid of the ball and made great reads. Had a great 3rd down pass to McCluster.

Boss looked really good and will make an impact.

Poe looked excellent. He was the best d-linemen in the first half.

Asamoah dominated at RG. He and Winston just plow the road. They are really nasty together.

I thought the Rams opened their playbook and the Chiefs were very vanilla. We never rushed more than five and played three basic defenses the entire first half. This is why you saw Belcher cover the TE etc.

I'm not worried.
Say whatever you want, but I watched Moeaki during his entire rookie year, and the guy was DOMINANT as a run-blocker. One lousy preseason game isn't changing that in my view. Not that Boss won't be productive in 2 TE sets, which the league is turning into.

petegz28
08-22-2012, 05:16 PM
Say whatever you want, but I watched Moeaki during his entire rookie year, and the guy was DOMINANT as a run-blocker. One lousy preseason game isn't changing that in my view. Not that Boss won't be productive in 2 TE sets, which the league is turning into.

2-TE sets have always been a powerful formation. I go back to when we had Jason Dunn as a #2. We raped in 2-TE sets. If both TE's can block and catch then you really do have one of the most powerful formations in your favor. The QB can change the play to either side of the field without having to motion or do anything to give it away to defense and allowing them to adjust except who may have to move off the LoS and in this case it could be a WR.

The Franchise
08-22-2012, 05:30 PM
BlackBob is a fucking moron....JFC.

BossChief
08-22-2012, 05:32 PM
BlackBob is a fucking moron....JFC.

Totally.

Its rare to see that much consistent fail from one poster.

The guy has got to be trolling with a lot of his comments....or he is one of the dumbest posters on CP.

Strongside
08-22-2012, 05:35 PM
Dontari was a lot better this game. Hopefully we'll see more improvement this week.

saphojunkie
08-23-2012, 12:05 AM

ignore him.

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1159552/moeakiblock.gif

Black Bob
08-23-2012, 06:20 AM
WTH? You guys are starting with trolling crap again? I love Moeaki. He's an OK pass blocker but, to say he is dominant is a mistake. Also, it was just the St. Louis game he struggled in. It was also Arizona. We will run the two TE set quite a bit and Moeaki will be the #2. Boss is a better all around player. Moeaki might be a better receiver but that's about it.

Pretty funny that the Star article today is about Boss and how he will be a big part of the offense.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=262744

Damn guys, read what I said. I'm not throwing Moeaki under the bus you bunch of homers. I am just saying it like it is.

Tony Moeaki is getting beaten out for his job by Kevin Boss in this training camp.

When we line up in the regular I-Form offense, Boss will be the lone TE more often than not. I'm sorry if you don't see it.

Black Bob
08-23-2012, 06:23 AM
Actually watch frame by frame of the replay from behind the play. At first I thought Johnson had his arm around Coppers waist, which is PI, but he actually has Coppers left elbow it seems, pinning his left arm to his body. If he doesn't get his arm around Copper, he'd never be able to put himself into position to bat the ball.

The problem was that he stared Copper down the entire play and then threw it to him even though he was double covered. Pass interference etc. is irrelevant. Stanzi porked it.

BossChief
08-23-2012, 08:28 AM
The problem was that he stared Copper down the entire play and then threw it to him even though he was double covered. Pass interference etc. is irrelevant. Stanzi porked it.

JFC there are gifs and screenshots in this thread that prove this to be dead wrong.

At minimum, copper is the second read...its debatable that copper is the third read.

Black Bob
08-23-2012, 09:48 AM
JFC there are gifs and screenshots in this thread that prove this to be dead wrong.

At minimum, copper is the second read...its debatable that copper is the third read.

Show me. He may be the second read but he never looks elsewhere and he's double covered.

Black Bob
08-23-2012, 09:50 AM

Look at him stare copper down. It's a five step drop. By the second step he is looking at Copper. The other thing is that he looked off Maneri because he was covered. However, when he stared down Copper, that LB followed his eyes all the way to Copper and he was the second guy in coverage. They had him double covered because the LBer read his eyes. Arguing that that he didn't stare him down is stupid. There is really no argument. The LBer was Rocky McIntosh, a former starter for Washington. He knew what he was doing. You are just whining because I am calling out dudes that played at Iowa.

whoman69
08-23-2012, 12:21 PM
I was on vacation when the game was played and was just able to finish watching the rerun on NFL. There was nothing to like about that game. It should have been a bigger blowout. Too many turnovers. Not much offense. Gaping holes in the defense. Going forward this team is going to have big headaches when other teams pass against our base defense. Seems were always one injury away from the secondary being horrid. The defense is soft. It could be a long year.

BossChief
08-23-2012, 04:51 PM
I was on vacation when the game was played and was just able to finish watching the rerun on NFL. There was nothing to like about that game. It should have been a bigger blowout. Too many turnovers. Not much offense. Gaping holes in the defense. Going forward this team is going to have big headaches when other teams pass against our base defense. Seems were always one injury away from the secondary being horrid. The defense is soft. It could be a long year.

ROFL

You guys' posts from preseason are GOLD every year.

BossChief
08-23-2012, 04:56 PM

Look at him stare copper down. It's a five step drop. By the second step he is looking at Copper. The other thing is that he looked off Maneri because he was covered. However, when he stared down Copper, that LB followed his eyes all the way to Copper and he was the second guy in coverage. They had him double covered because the LBer read his eyes. Arguing that that he didn't stare him down is stupid. There is really no argument. The LBer was Rocky McIntosh, a former starter for Washington. He knew what he was doing. You are just whining because I am calling out dudes that played at Iowa.

You don't know what you're talking about.

He read Maneris route till he knew he couldn't get the ball to him and the moment he looked over to Copper, the ball came out.

The linebacker was at least 3 yards away from the slant by the time the ball got there.

I even posted a still shot of the moment the ball arrived to show exactly that.

The linebacker didnt come off his coverage of Maneri till Stanzi started his throwing motion to Copper.

-King-
08-23-2012, 04:56 PM
Once again...

GIF'D UP: Chiefs vs Rams (Part 2)

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/profile_images/716354/woo_tiny.jpg by Clay Wendler on Aug 22, 2012 6:39 PM CDT

Yesterday we got a nice look at Dontari Poe's improvement in the second week of preseason. Tonight we'll take a light gander at the other side of the ball.
We've got a little Jamaal Charles, a little dubious blocking and I guess a Cassel GIF snuck in there. Did I do that?
Hit the jump and prepare for a tidal wave of Cassel discussion.

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/images/blog/star-divide.v59c7267.jpg

So how is that knee holding up for Jamaal Charles? Well, put pretty simple, he had five touches against the Rams and made at least four defenders miss a tackle. That's a fairly good touch-to-miss ratio, I guess.

In the first GIF, there's some pretty bad blocking going on but Charles just kinda laughs at the linebackers before Steve Breaston tackles him. Last year this play goes for a loss if Dexter McCluster or Thomas Jones are carrying the ball.

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1164045/charles1_medium.gif

In the next GIF, Charles plants and cuts very nicely. That knee looks great to me. Breaston is screwing up the play again with a poor block. I'll be honest, Breaston is doing more to tackle Charles on these plays than any Ram.

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1164048/charles2_medium.gif

Last but not least, on this snap Matt Cassel throws the ball a full five yards behind the line of scrimmage, with a defender hurtling right at Charles. I could talk about how much I dislike this throw but it really doesn't matter because Charles just doesn't care about that linebacker whatsoever. The fact that he gets plowed by three defenders and hopped right up was a good sign, too.

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1164051/charles3_medium.gif

Now we're going to switch gears and look at a couple of plays that didn't go so well. BJ Kissel pointed this out to me the other night. On this snap, there's a pretty enormous hole between LG and LT. If Peyton Hillis sees it instead of following Shane Bannon, it's at least a sizable gain and maybe a touchdown.

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1164054/missedhole_medium.gif

You can see in this still of an alternate angle how much space there was to run. The only guy with a shot at the tackle was the free safety (out of shot), as Jon Baldwin and Tony Moeaki laid blocks.

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1164066/peyton_1_medium.jpg

And speaking of Bannon, I could not let this week pass without pointing out two of the worst blitz pickups I've ever seen from a Kansas City Chiefs fullback. First, Bannon gets Cassel sacked.

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1164060/bannon_medium.gif

Next, Nate Eachus gets credited with 1/2 sack of Ricky Stanzi. Please note that the GIF is slowed down. Stanzi didn't have much time to throw at all. I'm also pretty sure you're not allowed to slap the quarterback in the head like that, but replacement refs are fun, right?

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1164063/nate_medium.gif

OK, so we all know the real reason why you clicked on this post...yes, it was the promise of a Cassel GIF. I know you're saying "Clay, come on man. Cassel was hitting checkdowns with perfect accuracy in this game, how can you possibly criticize him?" Well, when I see plays like this one, I can't resist, so brace yourself.

I think the captions do a good job of explaining the play, but basically Cassel abandons a fairly secure pocket for no good reason, ignores Dexter McCluster flashing WIDE OPEN right in front of his face, and gains a couple of yards on a scramble. Branden Albert was actually flagged for a penalty on this play, so I'm probably going to get it good for posting this, but I've literally never seen a quarterback miss an open receiver running behind the line of scrimmage right in front of his face. I'm horrified, and definitely overreacting, but haters gonna hate. Make your defense in the comments.

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1164069/nooomatt_medium.gif

And I should probably add that I think Matt could have thrown the ball to Baldwin or Moeaki (both far left of the screenshot below) before he decided to run from phantom pressure. I dunno, maybe Matt doesn't have the confidence in his arm to make that throw. Maybe a safety scared him off. I think if Matt anticipates Baldwin running into that hole he can hit him.

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1164075/open_22_medium.jpg

But you can clearly see the giant space McCluster is running into.
Come on, Matt. You totally should have made this throw that would not have counted anyway!

That's it for this week's GIF'D UP. Next week Bowe might drop a pass!

BossChief
08-23-2012, 04:59 PM
Here are stills of the three places he looks before he throws the ball.

Gimme a second and Ill post the ball placement still, again.

BossChief
08-23-2012, 05:03 PM
Anybody that has a problem where this ball is thrown is just being a nitpicking bitch.

The placement is damn near perfect.

The pick was a fluke and anyone saying otherwise is just being a hater.

Black Bob
08-23-2012, 05:03 PM
Once again...

Where's it at? The play we are talking about isn't there.

Boss, the you see the gras ass greener and I see it as dead. The LBer was 3 yards from Copper primed to lay the wood. Stanzi hung out to dry. Furthermore, the pass was so bad that it could have been picked and that's why it was knocked away by Copper. The fact is that Stanzi misjudged the speed of Rocky MacIntosh. He is struggling to catch up to the speed of the game. I'm sorry but he fucking suck ass last week and he has no future. You can what you want but I see it and I am sure the front office sees it. How many more shots will he get to show something? This week will be his seventh.

BossChief
08-23-2012, 05:06 PM
Here are stills of the uncalled facemask on the 4th down play where Stanzi fumbled, too.

Should have given us a first down inside the red zone, but...again, replacement refs apparently only have one eye each.

The defender even had BOTH hands in the facemask and still the refs missed the call.

BossChief
08-23-2012, 05:08 PM
Where's it at? The play we are talking about isn't there.

Boss, the you see the gras ass greener and I see it as dead. The LBer was 3 yards from Copper primed to lay the wood. Stanzi hung out to dry. Furthermore, the pass was so bad that it could have been picked and that's why it was knocked away by Copper. The fact is that Stanzi misjudged the speed of Rocky MacIntosh. He is struggling to catch up to the speed of the game. I'm sorry but he fucking suck ass last week and he has no future. You can what you want but I see it and I am sure the front office sees it. How many more shots will he get to show something? This week will be his seventh.

Fucking buffoon.

Are you trying to tell me THIS is a poorly placed pass for a slant route?

If so, just stop posting here altogether.

htismaqe
08-23-2012, 05:08 PM
Here are stills of the uncalled facemask on the 4th down play where Stanzi fumbled, too.

Should have given us a first down inside the red zone, but...again, replacement refs apparently only have one eye each.

The defender even had BOTH hands in the facemask and still the refs missed the call.

To be fair, he escaped that, turned all the way around, and then just dropped the ball.

That can't happen, facemask or no.