Mr. Laz
08-18-2012, 08:34 PM
we still have zero QB depth

palko
thigpen
quinn
stanzi

they are all a worthless pile of dogshit

once again it's cassel or nothing with zero QBoTF options.

oh yea ... Reeves sucks

Mr_Tomahawk
Stanzi should be playing in the arena league.

He has no place in this league.

Bambi
good god this team kinda sucks

Bowser
08-18-2012, 08:35 PM
Give Alex Tanney a shot!!!1

MMXcalibur
08-18-2012, 08:35 PM
All those good vibes we got from last week? Yeah, that all went away and then some.

Reerun_KC
08-18-2012, 08:36 PM
MBM lost his "it"

-King-
Defense needs to get its shit together.

Baldwin needs to be more than a training camp God.

Cassel looks good.

Quinn won the number two Qb competition.
Posted via Mobile Device

BoneKrusher
looks like the same ole shit to me.

ShowtimeSBMVP
08-18-2012, 08:37 PM
Back up Oline is bad.

Hammock Parties
I love checkdowns.

They win championships.

Rejoice.

petegz28
All in all I think this was a good reality check after last week. I don't think our defense is as bad as it looked at the beginning of the game however after last week maybe they thought they could just walk out there and the Rams would fold.

Baldwin disappointed me with the fumble.

Defense got shredded on the opening drive

I'll cut the defense a little slack on the 2nd drive since the Rams did have a short field

JC looked very good
Hilis looked very good
Boss looked very good
Cassel looked very good

Bannon looked like ass
Stanzi looked like ass
The Refs looked like ass

Hammock Parties
08-18-2012, 08:38 PM
I am pleased, however, that Dexter McCluster has emerged as our #1 receiver.

He's finally justifying that draft position.

BoneKrusher
08-18-2012, 08:38 PM
I love checkdowns.

They win championships.

Rejoice.

glad we have the Captain

O.city
08-18-2012, 08:39 PM
Clay has effectively shit on another thread, turning it to shit. Thanks dude.

-King-
Oh yeah. Jamaal is back.
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
glad we have the Captain

If he keeps doing what hes doing, what's not to love?
Posted via Mobile Device

lewdog
08-18-2012, 08:40 PM
Did anyone sign Peyton Manning?

SAUTO

I take it back
Posted via Mobile Device

Phobia
Buy season tickets. You could watch this every week.

SAUTO
Oh yeah. Jamaal is back.
Posted via Mobile Device

This, looked like the Jamaal of old
Posted via Mobile Device

chefsos
08-18-2012, 08:41 PM
I generally hate it when people make this complaint, but I'll make it now... They were not ready to play, particularly on defense, and got their pants pulled down.

MMXcalibur
08-18-2012, 08:41 PM

I'm curious to see if there's a topic he HASN'T posted in.

DaFace
08-18-2012, 08:42 PM
Bunch of drama queens around here. D looked like they weren't ready to play. O looked fine. That's about as much as you can draw from a game like this.

BoneKrusher
08-18-2012, 08:42 PM
If he keeps doing what hes doing, what's not to love?
Posted via Mobile Device

i have to admit he looks like the best QB on the roster. LMAO

Hammock Parties
08-18-2012, 08:43 PM
I'm curious to see if there's a topic he HASN'T posted in.

I have posted in maybe 5 of the threads on the front page currently.

So that's a very high percentage.

ClevelandBronco
Did anyone sign Peyton Manning?

Yeah, and he's looking pretty rusty.

Nice drive to end the first half, but the TD pass was dropped.

Bambi
Watching Hard Knocks. Why don't we ever get anybody like this Tannehill?

Hammock Parties
08-18-2012, 08:44 PM
On a serious note, you have to be pretty concerned with Jonathan Baldwin.

The dude is not a #1 WR at this point, not even close.

O.city
08-18-2012, 08:44 PM
I have posted in maybe 5 of the threads on the front page currently.

So that's a very high percentage.

Every football thread, you've shit in with your rambling bullshit trolling.

Go back to Arrowhead Pride, make some gifs, give them a positive spin like a third grader, you are pretty good at that.

ShowtimeSBMVP
08-18-2012, 08:45 PM
I generally hate it when people make this complaint, but I'll make it now... They were not ready to play, particularly on defense, and got their pants pulled down.

I blame Haley LOL

Iconic
08-18-2012, 08:46 PM
All that talk about being organized... I saw none of it tonight.
Boss was impressive though.

DaFace
08-18-2012, 08:46 PM
On a serious note, you have to be pretty concerned with Jonathan Baldwin.

The dude is not a #1 WR at this point, not even close.

Jesus, dude. He's a sophomore players who doesn't HAVE to be a #1 WR. You really are nothing but a troll these days.

To iggy you go!

petegz28
08-18-2012, 08:47 PM
All that talk about being organized... I saw none of it tonight.
Boss was impressive though.

I thought the offense looked organized. I thought the defense looked organized but they just got their shit stuffed in.

Hammock Parties
The guy has been our #1 WR for the entirety of training camp.

Come on. This is shit from him so far.

Ace Gunner
Haley screwed up the offense /CP retartos

well, now there is absolutely no question, this team is fucked if Cassel goes down.

cough spit ugh

Sanka
Matt Cassel still sucks

DeezNutz
08-18-2012, 08:48 PM
Jesus, dude. He's a sophomore players who doesn't HAVE to be a #1 WR. You really are nothing but a troll these days.

To iggy you go!

Bowe beasted from year one, so it's not out of the realm of possibilities to think that Baldwin could be highly productive this year. Have to wait and see.

Ace Gunner
The guy has been our #1 WR for the entirety of training camp.

Come on. This is shit from him so far.

Yep

tredadda
I can't see the Chiefs game due to my location, but FWIW Peyton does not look that good either.

Ace Gunner
08-18-2012, 08:49 PM
well, now there is absolutely no question, this team is ****ed if Cassel goes down.

cough spit ugh

yep

dirk digler
08-18-2012, 08:50 PM
I am actually quite surprised\shocked how well Cassel has looked.

Stanzi doesn't look good though.

Also Poe made some plays tonight which is positive.

O.city
08-18-2012, 08:51 PM
Quinn>Stanzi

BoneKrusher
08-18-2012, 08:51 PM
the chiefs made more turnovers than Betty Crocker tonight.

stonedstooge
08-18-2012, 08:52 PM
The whole team probably bought into the hype after last week's game. Found out that if you think you're better than you really are, any team will stomp on your neck any given week

aturnis
08-18-2012, 08:53 PM
Powe should be 1 gapping somewhere. Like him, but it's like he doesn't even try to play the technique we're asking him to.

Iconic
08-18-2012, 08:55 PM
I thought the offense looked organized. I thought the defense looked organized but they just got their shit stuffed in.

Wasting 2 time outs in 1 quarter? Going captain check down the first quarter? A organized D doesn't get there shit stuffed in an entire half against second string scrubs. Both looked like they came out unprepared and a lot of that falls on Crennel.

petegz28
08-18-2012, 08:55 PM
I think it's safe to say Quinn is the #2.

petegz28
08-18-2012, 08:56 PM
Wasting 2 time outs in 1 quarter? Going captain check down the first half?A organized D doesn't get there shit stuffed in an entire half against second string scrubs. Both looked like they came out unprepared and a lot of that falls on Crennel.

The Captain Checkdown crap is old as fuck and bunk at that. I think you are confusing organized vs. getting outplayed.

The starting offense did not look unprepared at all. Not sure what game you watched but it obviously wasn't this one.

Thank you Captain Obvious.

BoneKrusher

yep

petegz28
08-18-2012, 08:57 PM
Thank you Captain Obvious.

That's Mr. Captain Obvious to you, thank you

That's Mr. Captain Obvious to you, thank you

LMAO

Sanka
Who the fuck has 2 passes batted down at the line of scrimmage ON THE SAME DRIVE

08-18-2012, 08:58 PM
Cassel is the last QB that we should be talking shit about right now.

petegz28
08-18-2012, 08:59 PM
Who the **** has 2 passes batted down at the line of scrimmage ON THE SAME DRIVE

One of those you could blame on Cassel. The other was a good defensive play and if you want to blame someone on the offense it was Winston for not staying into the guy and allowing him to get his hands up. But even that is a stretch. Defenses sometimes make plays.

BoneKrusher
08-18-2012, 08:59 PM
Cassel is the last QB that we should be talking shit about right now.

yep he's the best we have but that isn't saying much.

Hammock Parties
08-18-2012, 09:00 PM
One of those you could blame on Cassel. The other was a good defensive play and if you want to blame someone on the offense it was Winston for not staying into the guy and allowing him to get his hands up. But even that is a stretch. Defenses sometimes make plays.

Cassel has a long history of getting passes batted down.

It's a very weak part of his game because his release and throwing motion suck so much ass.

Chiefs Pantalones
It was a rough start but I liked the way we bounced back on both sides of the ball, against the 2's or not.

No matter what, it's just preseason. I guarantee you we win at least five more games than the Rams this year. Again...IT'S FUCKING PRESEASON. I'm confident we'll be fine.

Red Dawg
The O looked good at least but the defense definitely had an off night. It concerns me that that Baldwin has done nothing in two games. Oh wait... he fumbled. Bowe will be back at practice so that will at least help boost our WR's alot. We have TE depth to the max.

Third game is always the one that means the most in pre-season so we will see if Matt can look good for three games.

mr. tegu
08-18-2012, 09:01 PM

So far this season he has looked a ton better than Manning FWIW

Bambi
08-18-2012, 09:02 PM
I can't see the Chiefs game due to my location, but FWIW Peyton does not look that good either.

I think the AFC West is safe in confirming it's "worst division in football" status. Yet, once again.

durtyrute
08-18-2012, 09:03 PM
I'm not sure what I just watched.

petegz28
08-18-2012, 09:03 PM
Of course I have to wonder if the Rams come out with that deep PA pass on the first play if it's Flowers and not Brown? Either way it has to be covered but just curious.

SAUTO
08-18-2012, 09:04 PM
I think the AFC West is safe in confirming it's "worst division in football" status. Yet, once again.

Fuck you
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO
08-18-2012, 09:04 PM
Of course I have to wonder if the Rams come out with that deep PA pass on the first play if it's Flowers and not Brown? Either way it has to be covered but just curious.
Was brown there? Thought it was routt and Lewis
Posted via Mobile Device

King_Chief_Fan
08-18-2012, 09:05 PM

he isn't the reason this team got bitch slapped by the 2nd worst team in the league

petegz28
08-18-2012, 09:05 PM
I'm not sure what I just watched.

A nto so good outing. I was expecting us to look a lot better on the defensive side of the ball. I thought that first drive the Rams just took it to us and knocked us on our ass.

Other than that, as far as the 1's go, I thought it was ok. The offensive 1's looked good after the Baldwin turnover.

Iconic
08-18-2012, 09:06 PM
The Captain Checkdown crap is old as **** and bunk at that. I think you are confusing organized vs. getting outplayed.

The starting offense did not look unprepared at all. Not sure what game you watched but it obviously wasn't this one.

Really? The starting O looked competent to you? Maybe in the second quarter but definitely not the first. I felt like I was watching a re run from last season and any moment Haley and grandpa Muir might pop up on the sideline. I'll admit the one difference I saw was we didn't continue to do something that didn't work. Credit given to Daboll on that. When we couldn't get anything going on the short passes we immediately changed the tune up and went more vertical. This was honestly my largest complaint last season. Haley never changed his game plan when something didn't work.

Fat Elvis
I am actually quite surprised\shocked how well Cassel has looked.

Stanzi doesn't look good though.

Also Poe made some plays tonight which is positive.

I'm pretty stoked that we have a QB who can throw the ball 1/2 yard past the line of scrimmage and let the receivers pick up some YACs.

RunKC
I like how Cassel and the offense responded to adversity. They put together some good drives after starting out bad.

petegz28
08-18-2012, 09:07 PM
Was brown there? Thought it was routt and Lewis
Posted via Mobile Device

It was Lewis on the coverage but they targeted that side of the field so...again they probably would have ran it anyway but I just wonder if Flowers on the field changes that playcall?

BoneKrusher
08-18-2012, 09:07 PM
he isn't the reason this team got bitch slapped by the 2nd worst team in the league

no he wasnt, i'm just sick ot the Checkdowns.
hell we dont need WR's with Matt as the starter.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-18-2012, 09:08 PM
Poe's progress from last week to this week was like night and day. I was really impressed with his play.

petegz28
Really? The starting O looked competent to you? Maybe in the second quarter but definitely not the first. I felt like I was watching a re run from last season and any moment Haley and grandpa Muir might pop up on the sideline. I'll admit the one difference I saw was we didn't continue to do something that didn't work. Credit given to Daboll on that. When we couldn't get anything going on the short passes we immediately changed the tune up and went more vertical. This was honestly my largest complaint last season. Haley never changed his game plan when something didn't work.

We had a fumlbe and we got pinned deep in our own territory and reversed the field position to our favor. That's not unorganized.

-King-
I'm pretty stoked that we have a QB who can throw the ball 1/2 yard past the line of scrimmage and let the receivers pick up some YACs.

I don't care if hes throwing 20 yards behind the LOS. if we're moving the ball, I'm happy.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bambi
**** you
Posted via Mobile Device

Who are you? Do I know you?

Buckweath

Not only it wasn't Brown covering that deep pass but it was a really good pass, no matter who would have been covering that would have allowed the completion IMO. Props to Bradford!

SAUTO
08-18-2012, 09:09 PM
It was Lewis on the coverage but they targeted that side of the field so...again they probably would have ran it anyway but I just wonder if Flowers on the field changes that playcall?
routt was there too. Doubt flowers would have been there too
Posted via Mobile Device

petegz28
Not only it wasn't Brown covering that deep pass but it was a really good pass, no matter who would have been covering that would have allowed the completion IMO. Props to Bradford!

Well, shit happens sometimes, I guess.

SAUTO
Who are you? Do I know you?

?
I know enough of you to see you clearly are a jackass
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefs Pantalones
08-18-2012, 09:10 PM

Brady didn't need WRs last year to get to the Super Bowl. I'm not comparing the two I'm just saying you take what the D gives you and take advantage of matchups in your favor. If you have a matchup in your favor, expose it until they stop it.

King_Chief_Fan
08-18-2012, 09:10 PM

ditto

Priest31kc
08-18-2012, 09:11 PM
Seeing the defense getting gouged like the beginning of last year again is kinda concerning.

Our pass defense struggles on 1st downs against base formations over the middle because our LB's aren't that great in coverage and Dorsey, Jackson & whoever is in the middle doesn't get enough pressure. That's our main weakness.

Run defense looked horrible. We were inconsistent against the run last year, some games we looked great, some we got gouged...we need more consistency.

We need Flowers back...Obviously Flowers & Carr>>>>Routt & Brown. Im curious to see how good Routt will look with Flowers on the other side.

Cassel looked good again....but we really need to get our WRs going. Breaston hasn't even had a target yet...Baldwin has been disappointing. Getting Bowe back is nice. Boss looks like he's our main target at TE right now, looks like Moeaki is being brought along slowly.

Charles looks like the pre-injury Charles. 5+ yards every damn time he touches the ball. Amazing player.

Overall, very disappointed in the defense. Was hoping these days were behind them where they start off the game like they don't even want to be out there. That will get us in big trouble against good defenses with Cassel as our QB. Offense looked good again, but like I said we need to get our WRs going.

Next week is a big test. Seattle has a very good defense, Cassel and the starting O will play into the 3rd and Bowe will be back. It's at home...The defense needs to respond after the atrocious start tonight.

Bambi
08-18-2012, 09:12 PM
?
I know enough of you to see you clearly are a jackass
Posted via Mobile Device

Cool dude. Lots of people follow me around here. Didn't know who you were but I guess I'll have to take some notice now.

Are you a new poster here?

LiveSteam
I still hate the Cowboys more than any other thing on earth
& as long as they suck?

LIFE IS GOOD!

RunKC
We had a fumlbe and we got pinned deep in our own territory and reversed the field position to our favor. That's not unorganized.

You also can't fault Cassel for the penalties on the drive when we had 2nd and freaking 34 yards to go.

petegz28
08-18-2012, 09:14 PM
Seeing the defense getting gouged like the beginning of last year again is kinda concerning.

Our pass defense struggles on 1st downs against base formations over the middle because our LB's aren't that great in coverage and Dorsey, Jackson & whoever is in the middle doesn't get enough pressure. That's our main weakness.

Run defense looked horrible. We were inconsistent against the run last year, some games we looked great, some we got gouged...we need more consistency.

We need Flowers back...Obviously Flowers & Carr>>>>Routt & Brown. Im curious to see how good Routt will look with Flowers on the other side.

Cassel looked good again....but we really need to get our WRs going. Breaston hasn't even had a target yet...Baldwin has been disappointing. Getting Bowe back is nice. Boss looks like he's our main target at TE right now, looks like Moeaki is being brought along slowly.

Charles looks like the pre-injury Charles. 5+ yards every damn time he touches the ball. Amazing player.

Overall, very disappointed in the defense. Was hoping these days were behind them where they start off the game like they don't even want to be out there. That will get us in big trouble against good defenses with Cassel as our QB. Offense looked good again, but like I said we need to get our WRs going.

Next week is a big test. Seattle has a very good defense, Cassel and the starting O will play into the 3rd and Bowe will be back. It's at home...The defense needs to respond after the atrocious start tonight.

The only reservation I hold on saying the defense was just bad tonight is it is preseason so you don't know what plays were called that otherwise may not have been? That isn't to say we didn't execute what was called, just that sometimes you get calls to see what guys can do that you would not call in a real game.

RunKC
The biggest problem on this team right now is the lack of pass rush. The DL can't get anywhere near the QB consistently.

Franchise QB's are gonna eat us alive if that continues.

Rain Man

My concern on that first play is that Lewis was chasing the WR. It wasn't like he was behind him moving up. He was chasing him, which is a bad, bad thing.

I think Lewis is going to be the weak spot on the defense this year.

Hammock Parties
08-18-2012, 09:15 PM
The only reservation I hold on saying the defense was just bad tonight is it is preseason so you don't know what plays were called that otherwise may not have been? That isn't to say we didn't execute what was called, just that sometimes you get calls to see what guys can do that you would not call in a real game.

Dude, our 1st team DL was getting owned in the running game.

That has nothing to do with playcalling.

Sully

To iggy you go!

But, counting offseasons, he's had about 5 years on this team...
... Or something
I'm still not sure about Clay's math.

Dave Lane

Romeo has them totally prepared and he doesn't yell at anyone so they all love playing for him.

petegz28
08-18-2012, 09:16 PM
My concern on that first play is that Lewis was chasing the WR. It wasn't like he was behind him moving up. He was chasing him, which is a bad, bad thing.

Yeah makes me think back to the Raiders game last year where he was burned on the deep pass that ended up costing us the game.

Hammock Parties
08-18-2012, 09:17 PM
Trying to reverse troll me isn't going to smooth over the facts:

Jonathan Baldwin hasn't done shit this preseason after being pumped up as Randy fucking Moss in training camp.

Look like Tarzan, play like Jane is the read I have on him right now.

He's an impressive physical specimen who has touched the ball twice in two weeks and a little contact made him blow the play in some manner.

LiveSteam
08-18-2012, 09:18 PM
Trying to reverse troll me

ROFL

Hammock Parties
08-18-2012, 09:19 PM
@adamteicher

Kendrick Lewis has his arm in a sling in locker room

Rain Man
The guys who most impressed me on one watching:

Cassel
Charles
Derrick Johnson (duh)
Powe

The guys who disappointed me on one watching:

Baldwin
Stanzi
Lilja
Bannon
Lewis

mr. tegu
I think the checkdown thing is coming out so heavy because some people love to hate Cassel and that is the only thing you can even complain about in any way with how he playing. That being said, it is still an inaccurate and stupid complaint.

RunKC
Trying to reverse troll me isn't going to smooth over the facts:

Jonathan Baldwin hasn't done shit this preseason after being pumped up as Randy ****ing Moss in training camp.

Look like Tarzan, play like Jane is the read I have on him right now.

He's an impressive physical specimen who has touched the ball twice in two weeks and a little contact made him blow the play in some manner.

Dude has had like 3 passes thrown at him so far. Calm down.

BigMeatballDave
08-18-2012, 09:20 PM
I'd say the main difference this week was turnovers.

Tough to win with 4 of them.

the Talking Can
08-18-2012, 09:21 PM

he's always been a weak spot in the secondary, but it was hidden by Carr, Flowers, Berry

now with Schmo, Blow, and Larry in the secondary, his weaknesses are easier to exploit

Rain Man
08-18-2012, 09:22 PM
I think the checkdown thing is coming out so heavy because some people love to hate Cassel and that is the only thing you can even complain about in any way with how he playing. That being said, it is still an inaccurate and stupid complaint.

Not throwing downfield frustrates me, but it's offset by the fact that a checkdown to Jamaal Charles is the same as a good downfield throw.

RunKC
08-18-2012, 09:24 PM
I don't like it that Cassel isn't throwing downfield much either, but when Charles is getting 7 yards on check downs every play, it's certainly not a bad thing.

LOCOChief
Effort was NOT there for first team on both sides for KC. Aside from the check down's Cassell was meh. Our RT from last year owned. I'm glad I have JC on my fantasy team.
It just looked like our first team didn't want to play tonight. Berry is not great in coverage but really who the hell was tonight in this secondary?
D line, lb's and secondary sucked. Poe looked good.

Hammock Parties
Dude has had like 3 passes thrown at him so far. Calm down.

All that tells me is he can't get open.

Rasputin
08-18-2012, 09:25 PM
he's always been a weak spot in the secondary, but it was hidden by Carr, Flowers, Berry

now with Schmo, Blow, and Larry in the secondary, his weaknesses are easier to exploit

Kendrick never impressed me with his tackles, but he is good at picking off QBs so got to weigh it out in terms of what is going help the D out more.

Hammock Parties
08-18-2012, 09:25 PM

It's not.

Go and look at his preseason last year.

Checkdown king. Praised.

Comes out and sucks hard, hard, meaty cock in the regular season.

Dude needs to hit a fucking WR down the field.

the Talking Can
08-18-2012, 09:28 PM
offense looked good, with the exception of still getting no production from our WRs...pretty good play calling from Daboll...Cassel doing exactly what he's being asked to

Baldwin has been a major disappoint, and I honestly don't even know if Breaston is on the team...with our running game, we should be able to hit some deep routes

Hillis, Charles, Boss looked great...not much from moeaki

Defense...yeesh

no push from DL on pass plays...our CBs look like ass without Flowers, imo

if Lewis is injured, yikes (and I don't even like him that much)...depth in the secondary is a big question still

Belcher reminded us what a liability he is in pass protection

RunKC
08-18-2012, 09:30 PM
All that tells me is he can't get open.

Or that we have a run first offense that has a QB that checks down most of the time.

the Talking Can
08-18-2012, 09:31 PM
Kendrick never impressed me with his tackles, but he is good at picking off QBs so got to weigh it out in terms of what is going help the D out more.

but that happened usually, imo, because Carr and Flowers were locking down their guys, forcing the QB to takes risks...or Hali was about to kill someone

without rout and shitty backup X, the QB can find safer plays...

petegz28
08-18-2012, 09:33 PM
offense looked good, with the exception of still getting no production from our WRs...pretty good play calling from Daboll...Cassel doing exactly what he's being asked to

Baldwin has been a major disappoint, and I honestly don't even know if Breaston is on the team...with our running game, we should be able to hit some deep routes

Hillis, Charles, Boss looked great...not much from moeaki

Defense...yeesh

no push from DL on pass plays...our CBs look like ass without Flowers, imo

if Lewis is injured, yikes (and I don't even like him that much)...depth in the secondary is a big question still

Belcher reminded us what a liability he is in pass protection

Yeah, Belcher got worked over in pass coverage. The 1st TD the Rams scored really made him look bad.

milkman
Can't say that I like the manner in which Claythan delivers his message, but he's right.

You can not win if your QB doesn't give you something downfield.

Good defenses can shut down your passing game if your passing game can't open it up and air it out.

Hammock Parties
Hey Cassel, Dexter is wide open. Better scramble. Out of your perfect pocket.

http://i.imgur.com/ANUy1.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/pzl6f.jpg

petegz28
08-18-2012, 09:34 PM
Hey Cassel, Dexter is wide open. Better scramble. Out of your perfect pocket.

http://i.imgur.com/ANUy1.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/pzl6f.jpg

But that would have been a check down...JFC you are entertainingly retarded

Deberg_1990
08-18-2012, 09:35 PM
I think you guys read far too much into preseason games. yAWN.............

BigMeatballDave
08-18-2012, 09:36 PM
LMAO at the amount of butthurt over a preseason game.

Crying over the check downs is pretty comical, too.

I must say I was impressed with Cassel.

JC looks great to me.

I'm not worried about the D unless Flowers is actually injured. I think he has a 'vet' injury.

Obvious vanilla defense is obvious.

Hammock Parties

A checkdown is better than shitting your pants and running for no reason.

Hammock Parties
I think you guys read far too much into preseason games. yAWN.............

It's not reading too much into it when your QB has sucked for 3 years because all he's decent at is throwing short of 10 yards.

cdcox
Haven't seen the game, but constant check downs aren't going to work in the long run. Running + check downs is basically the Herm Edwards offense and is very easy to defend. Load the box, keep everything in front of you and eliminate YAC. Charles will end up taking a beating if the check down becomes predictable. If we're not getting the WRs involved, it is a huge problem.

milkman
08-18-2012, 09:37 PM

Can't make out the number.

Is that Baldwin at the top of the screen also wide open?

Cassel is locked into his left side of the field.

Hammock Parties
08-18-2012, 09:38 PM
If we're not getting the WRs involved, it is a huge problem.

We're getting Dexter involved on routes almost entirely run within 5 yards from the LOS. LMAO

petegz28
08-18-2012, 09:38 PM
Can't make out the number.

Is that Baldwin at the top of the screen also wide open?

Cassel is locked into his left side of the field.

That is what I noticed and would be a more legit complaint

ghak99
08-18-2012, 09:40 PM
The Cards were HORRIBLE! The Rams looked hungry.

It seemed like the defense was not as prepared as they should have been.

JC looks to be coming back to form and Hillis looks ready to play.

Cassel didn't really impress me, but it looks like he's improving. He looked way too Payaton horseface happy behind the line early on, but settled in and had some success. There were a couple throws with real velocity on them. I wish they'd force him to push the ball down field a little more. Take his check down away on some plays and make him take some risk. Stanzi totally shit the bed and Quinn showed he can step in and and at least try to move the ball down the field. The backup QB competition looks to be over to me.

Poe & Powe are improving.

Baldwin looked like shit to me while Mcluster****ofapick did his job.

The Rams O lineman getting blown the **** up was hilarious! ROFL

Just Passin' By
08-18-2012, 09:41 PM
Just some basic takes that have probably already been pointed out

1.) Charles looks as if he's fully recovered, or close to it, and ready for week 1
2.) Cassel and Rivers look like the 2 best QBs in the AFCW right now
3.) Arenas needs to get his head around and look for the ball
4.) Baldwin needs to work on protecting the ball
5.) Poe is still inconsistent, but he can move the pile at times.
6.) The Chiefs need Flowers back or they're screwed
7.) Stanzi isn't playing like someone who's ready to be the #1 or #2 QB
8.) Winston's got to keep his man's hands down
9.) Hillis is an excellent change of pace back for Charles

Rain Man
08-18-2012, 09:41 PM
Haven't seen the game, but constant check downs aren't going to work in the long run. Running + check downs is basically the Herm Edwards offense and is very easy to defend. Load the box, keep everything in front of you and eliminate YAC. Charles will end up taking a beating if the check down becomes predictable. If we're not getting the WRs involved, it is a huge problem.

We were not getting the WRs involved. Not at all.

Hammock Parties
08-18-2012, 09:42 PM
That is what I noticed and would be a more legit complaint

The whole sequence is a legit complaint.

1. Abandons perfect pocket.

2. Misses open Dexter.

3. Misses open Shaun Draughn.

It's the type of play I've been GIFfing up for three fucking years now.

Fuck the Casshole.

RunKC
08-18-2012, 09:44 PM
It's not reading too much into it when your QB has sucked for 3 years because all he's decent at is throwing short of 10 yards.

dude hate Cassel when he plays bad. He's played well so far this year.
I'm not even a Cassel supporter, but he's played well. Also see he has no INT's.

Not his fault that Baldwin and Albert ruined 2 of his drives tonight.

Hammock Parties
08-18-2012, 09:45 PM
dude hate Cassel when he plays bad. He's played well so far this year.

Yeah, he always looks decent in preseason.

That's the point.

Just Passin' By
08-18-2012, 09:48 PM
We were not getting the WRs involved. Not at all.

I don't know why you'd say that when the first drive was ended because a WR who was getting involved fumbled the ball.

Hammock Parties
08-18-2012, 09:49 PM
I don't know why you'd say that when the first drive was ended because a WR who was getting involved fumbled the ball.

And that was the best play to a WR all night.

This is not an NFL passing game so far. It's a freaking joke.

Rain Man
08-18-2012, 09:52 PM

Baldwin had 1 catch for 7 yards, which was the fumble.

Other than his big play, Jeremy Horne had 2 catches and Zeke Marksenhausensturmenschweider had 1. I don't really remember a lot of targets beyond that, either.

mcaj22
08-18-2012, 09:53 PM
they better take the next 2 games to find someone that can play FS/center field or else its going to be a long season and we will be burned a lot

Hammock Parties
08-18-2012, 09:56 PM
they better take the next 2 games to find someone that can play FS/center field or else its going to be a long season and we will be burned a lot

It's OK. Cassel was really good. Our elite offense should cover for our D.

OnTheWarpath15
08-18-2012, 09:57 PM
I was at the game, and FWIW, Baldwin was in single coverage and wide open most of the night - Cassel never looked his way after the fumble. (other than the end of half duck)

Cassel is still locking onto one guy/one side of the field. He's graduated from "Captain Checkdown" to "Major Checkdown." He might get promoted to General by the end of the season.

Jamaal and DJ looked good tonight, the rest were pretty disappointing, IMO - including the coaching.

Hammock Parties
08-18-2012, 09:58 PM
I was at the game, and FWIW, Baldwin was in single coverage and wide open most of the night - Cassel never looked his way after the fumble.

:facepalm:

That's really distressing.

Just Passin' By
08-18-2012, 09:59 PM
Baldwin had 1 catch for 7 yards, which was the fumble.

Other than his big play, Jeremy Horne had 2 catches and Zeke Marksenhausensturmenschweider had 1. I don't really remember a lot of targets beyond that, either.

McCluster's a wide receiver now, isn't he?

Rain Man
08-18-2012, 10:04 PM

He counts as 0.8 wide receivers. He's not big enough to count as a full one. Good point, though, but that still means only six catches for our receivers.

milkman
08-18-2012, 10:06 PM

They might have to come up with a new position name for MCluster.

The Checkdown receiver.

OnTheWarpath15
08-18-2012, 10:07 PM

That's really distressing.

Yes it is.

Especially when he didn't have to deal with Finnegan.

O.city
08-18-2012, 10:08 PM
So Baldwin was open a lot tonight?

Munson
08-18-2012, 10:09 PM
I was at the game, and FWIW, Baldwin was in single coverage and wide open most of the night - Cassel never looked his way after the fumble. (other than the end of half duck)

Cassel is still locking onto one guy/one side of the field. He's graduated from "Captain Checkdown" to "Major Checkdown." He might get promoted to General by the end of the season.

Jamaal and DJ looked good tonight, the rest were pretty disappointing, IMO - including the coaching.

Same shit he's always done. He's 30 years old, and hasn't really progressed as a QB. If his 1st option isn't open, he panics and either checks down or makes a boneheaded play.

OnTheWarpath15
08-18-2012, 10:10 PM
So Baldwin was open a lot tonight?

Quite a bit, yes.

And there were several times where he was isolated one-on-one from the hash to the sideline against a 5-10 CB.

You have to try to take advantage of that matchup.

Deberg_1990
08-18-2012, 10:11 PM
Brandon Carr had 2 INTs tonight.

Ming the Merciless
08-18-2012, 10:12 PM

:mad:

OnTheWarpath15
08-18-2012, 10:12 PM
In other news, how about Ricky Stanzi, eh?

Can we use the "playing with scrubs" excuse again?

And people wonder why Palko played ahead of this kid. Dude looks LOST.

royr17
08-18-2012, 10:13 PM
Shit, we looked like complete shit

Just Passin' By
08-18-2012, 10:13 PM
He counts as 0.8 wide receivers. He's not big enough to count as a full one. Good point, though, but that still means only six catches for our receivers.

Cassel went 13 for 18 and 142 in a half where his team turned the ball over almost the moment they got it and, despite the claims of some here, he was working through his progressions and making smart plays, as I believe was noted on the broadcast. I don't see this as a problem.

Munson
08-18-2012, 10:14 PM

I bet those Cowpoke fans are fapping over their offseason acquisition.

We should've paid him. It blows that we didn't even get any draft picks for him.

milkman
08-18-2012, 10:14 PM
Same shit he's always done. He's 30 years old, and hasn't really progressed as a QB. If his 1st option isn't open, he panics and either checks down or makes a boneheaded play.

Yep.

After 8 years in the league, 4 as a starter, if he's still locking into a reciever or an area, and hasn't learned to go through his progressions, he never will.

He's making the defense's job easy.

durtyrute
08-18-2012, 10:15 PM
HOw is it possible that this is still our M.O.? We come out one game looking like we can beat any teams ass then the very next game we lose to one of the worst teams in the league. This has been happening through coach after coach and even with different G.M.'s.

Fish
08-18-2012, 10:16 PM
http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/8311/129156051954645220.jpg

OnTheWarpath15
08-18-2012, 10:17 PM
Another note:

Is Herm Edwards still coaching this team? Two time outs taken inside the first 6 minutes of the game?

And why in God's name did RAC not take the holding penalty against Houston early on? Gave the Rams 3rd and manageable, and IIRC, they converted.

O.city
08-18-2012, 10:18 PM
What was the second timeout was it Cassel

Rasputin
08-18-2012, 10:19 PM
Too me the one play that stood out during the entire game was when Houston destroyed the blocking of B Richardson nocking him flat on his ass distrupting the pass play. Fucking blew him up. Can we get a gif on that play Clay?

OnTheWarpath15
08-18-2012, 10:19 PM
What was the second timeout was it Cassel

Yep.

We took the first on defense, and the second on the next offensive drive.

All before 6:00 had elapsed in the game, IIRC.

OnTheWarpath15
08-18-2012, 10:21 PM
Too me the one play that stood out during the entire game was when Houston destroyed the blocking of B Richardson nocking him flat on his ass distrupting the pass play. Fucking blew him up. Can we get a gif on that play Clay?

I'd love to see it, because it appeared to be the only play he or Hali made all night.

We got ZERO pressure on Bradford tonight. DJ was the only player in the Front 7 that played worth a shit.

O.city
As prepared as we were last week we looked like shit today

lcarus
The people that think we are Super Bowl contenders blew last week out of proportion. The people that think we suck are doing the same this week. Who fuckin knows at this point. We aren't gonna know a whole lot until September 9th.

O.city
08-18-2012, 10:22 PM
We looked like we were very vanilla on d and didn't gameplan at all

OnTheWarpath15
08-18-2012, 10:22 PM
As prepared as we were last week we looked like shit today

Were we really all that prepared, or were we playing a shitty Arizona team?

The starting D got gashed tonight.

Rasputin
08-18-2012, 10:24 PM

We should've paid him. It blows that we didn't even get any draft picks for him.

Rout had a gift wrap INT for him but it looked like no effort was made to grasp it. That freaking errked me :mad:

TRR
The people that think we are Super Bowl contenders blew last week out of proportion. The people that think we suck are doing the same this week. Who fuckin knows at this point. We aren't gonna know a whole lot until September 9th.

Agreed. Defense looked a bit flat tonight and the offense had some bad breaks early on. Unfortunately the worst news is Kendrick Lewis. I could care less about a bad performance...What I do care about is losing ANOTHER member of the secondary.

O.city
D definitely got gashed. I'm not gonna get all up in as about a pre season game but it was a bit disheartening

royr17
08-18-2012, 10:27 PM
I havent really seen anything from Amon Gordon this preseason. How's his play looked ?

Ropati Pitoitua could possibly replace him.

OnTheWarpath15
08-18-2012, 10:27 PM
Rout had a gift wrap INT for him but it looked like no effort was made to grasp it. That freaking errked me :mad:

Thank you for reminding me. I'm assuming you're talking about the ball that was deflected and literally landed at his feet.

I was screaming at him for not making an effort on that play. Would have given the offense a short field. No excuse for it.

OnTheWarpath15
08-18-2012, 10:29 PM
D definitely got gashed. I'm not gonna get all up in as about a pre season game but it was a bit disheartening

That's the thing - people were quick to make judgements based on last week's game, but are willing to chalk this up as "just a preseason game."

Can't have it both ways, folks.

BigMeatballDave
08-18-2012, 10:31 PM
347 yards is hardly gashed.

O.city
08-18-2012, 10:31 PM
That's the thing - people were quick to make judgements based on last week's game, but are willing to chalk this up as "just a preseason game."

Some were yeas. Myself not so much

In the end it's just preseason. No gameplans no adjustments lotta individual play.

jd1020
08-18-2012, 10:32 PM
347 yards is hardly gashed.

Someone wasn't watching the game.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-18-2012, 10:32 PM
Cassel does need to go through his progressions better. I can't see the whole field from the tv view but by watching his head and how quickly he gets rid of the ball you can tell he's either on a leash, or it's a vanilla preseason offense or he's a retarded game manager QB.

Wallcrawler
08-18-2012, 10:35 PM
Only pre-season, but it is still very unsettling to see only a couple of pass attempts over 15 yards. 7 still stares his primary down, and dumps the football to the backs most of the time.

If the team ever gets down in a game, short on time, this dink and dunk offense isnt going to win any of those games. Im all about using your backs in every way that you can, but when its the ONLY way your QB can confidently move the offense, your team is in trouble.

He made a couple throws that I was really surprised that he made, but overall it looks like same old 7.

Defense got punched in the mouth from the opening snap, several 3rd and long situations and still give up the first down. You cant put 8 in the box on 3rd and 9 and let Bradford just sit back there, and depth at DB is starting to become a concern with as many spread formations this defense will see from AFC West opponents.

Poor timeout management cost the team about 4 points in the first half. I figure if they had those timeouts, they end up scoring a TD on the Rams instead of settling for a FG. Burning 2 timeouts only 6 minutes into a game is some Herm League preparation right there. Absolutely inexcusable.

I figure this years team is going to be all about Peyton and Jamaal, while playing what will hopefully be a bend but dont break defense. If it comes down to Cassel's ability to win the game through the air, forget it.

Rasputin
08-18-2012, 10:35 PM
Thank you for reminding me. I'm assuming you're talking about the ball that was deflected and literally landed at his feet.

I was screaming at him for not making an effort on that play. Would have given the offense a short field. No excuse for it.

Yes that play. Fn peaved me off. fuck his candy raider ass if that's how it's going be. I don't care if it is preseason got to look like your giving effort out there damn play like you want to be out there. Plenty of guys that would love the same opportunity just to make the effort.

BigMeatballDave
08-18-2012, 10:38 PM
Someone wasn't watching the game.

I see a bunch of guys making more of this that what there was.

3 turnovers were the main problem. Led to directly 21 points.

They need to work on protecting the damn ball, though.

Rain Man
08-18-2012, 10:39 PM
Part of my concern with the passing game goes to something that amnorix posted a while back. Preseason is the time to test your limits and push some passes where they won't go, just to see what you can do. If our free tests in preseason are just short passes, we're naturally going to get more conservative when the games start counting.

DaneMcCloud
08-18-2012, 10:40 PM

I only saw a little bit off the game on a fuzzy feed but the defense looked flat. I was fine with offense, although Baldwin's ball control was disappointing. I look forward to watching the game on Monday but I'm actually glad they were flat because it makes the team easier to coach this week.

jd1020
08-18-2012, 10:40 PM

You ****ing kidding me? The reason their yards were low was because they had short fields. The D couldn't stop anything and couldn't pressure the QB. The D got curb stomped.

OnTheWarpath15
08-18-2012, 10:41 PM

I don't think turnovers had much to do with Steven Jackson running through holes a fucking Humvee could drive through, nor the time Bradford was getting in the pocket to find guys running free all over the field.

DeezNutz
08-18-2012, 10:44 PM
Absolutely no push up front. Biggest cause for concern since we have a shit ton of first-round picks in the front seven.

aturnis
08-18-2012, 10:45 PM
Were we really all that prepared, or were we playing a shitty Arizona team?

The starting D got gashed tonight.

Well, Arizona did play New Orleans pretty well and handled Oakland easily...

Not saying they're awesome, but we have SOMETHING to hang on to from that game.

That said, we may have looked good last week b/c we were blitzing and getting fancy while Arizona didn't. Whereas the opposite might be true of this game.

Munson
08-18-2012, 10:46 PM
Absolutely no push up front. Biggest cause for concern since we have a shit ton of first-round picks in the front seven.

At least they're good against the run.

/true fans

OnTheWarpath15
08-18-2012, 10:47 PM
At least they're good against the run.

/true fans

Yeah, they were good alright.

Good for Steven Jackson.

BigMeatballDave
08-18-2012, 10:48 PM
I don't think turnovers had much to do with Steven Jackson running through holes a fucking Humvee could drive through, nor the time Bradford was getting in the pocket to find guys running free all over the field.

If it occurs during the regular season, Instead of the 2nd preseason game, I'll worry.

Rasputin
08-18-2012, 10:49 PM
As for Baldwin I think that was just a fail to learn from and not make a it a habbit. One pass thrown to him shouldn't make or break him being good or not. Damn. Let him grow into his job I believe Baldwin is going kick ass this year and for as long as he is a Chief. I'd like to see Cassel make more effort to deliver the ball to him that is for sure. Breaston hasn't had much thrown to him either so what's going on?

Hammock Parties
08-18-2012, 10:49 PM
If it occurs during the regular season, Instead of the 2nd preseason game, I'll worry.

I bet I can find this post from last preseason.

OnTheWarpath15
08-18-2012, 10:50 PM

If what occurs?

You just told us the defense didn't get gashed.

DaneMcCloud
08-18-2012, 10:50 PM
As for Baldwin I think that was just a fail to learn from and not make a it a habbit. One pass thrown to him shouldn't make or break him being good or not. Damn. Let him grow into his job I believe Baldwin is going kick ass this year and for as long as he is a Chief. I'd like to see Cassel make more effort to deliver the ball to him that is for sure. Breaston hasn't had much thrown to him either so what's going on?

A first round receiver in his second year shouldn't need to "grow into the position".

That is some bullshit right there.

aturnis
08-18-2012, 10:51 PM
Yep.

After 8 years in the league, 4 as a starter, if he's still locking into a reciever or an area, and hasn't learned to go through his progressions, he never will.

He's making the defense's job easy.

Tell that to Just Not Gettin It and jd10100. They are LOVING Cassel right now.

BigMeatballDave
08-18-2012, 10:51 PM
I see how it works now.

When they play well, it doesn't matter because its preseason.

When they shit themselves, it totally matters.

jd1020
08-18-2012, 10:52 PM
A first round receiver in his second year shouldn't need to "grow into the position".

He didn't exactly have the ideal first year. No offseason and a dipshit egotistical has been breaking his hand to miss the first 5 games.

TrebMaxx
My thoughts? Hmmmm, preseason game #2. That is all.

jd1020
Tell that to Just Not Gettin It and jd10100. They are LOVING Cassel right now.

I don't love Cassel you fucking moron. I wan't a new QB as bad as the next person but Cassel has been a hell of a lot better so far and there has been NOTHING to complain about.

DaneMcCloud
08-18-2012, 10:53 PM
He didn't exactly have the ideal first year. No offseason and a dipshit egotistical has been breaking his hand to miss the first 5 games.

You're making an excuse for him tonight?

Okay.

LMAO

OnTheWarpath15
I see how it works now.

When they play well, it doesn't matter because its preseason.

When they shit themselves, it totally matters.

Actually, if you read this place, it's exactly the opposite. People completely overreacted to last week, and are playing the "well, it's just a PS game" card this week. Can't have it both ways.

I've said more times than I can count that it doesn't mean shit until Week 1 of the regular season.

DaneMcCloud
My thoughts? Hmmmm, preseason game #2. That is all.

aturnis
08-18-2012, 10:54 PM
I don't love Cassel you ****ing moron. I wan't a new QB as bad as the next person but Cassel has been a hell of a lot better so far and there has been NOTHING to complain about.

But you walked away from this game SO impressed! He had a GREAT game.!

jd1020
08-18-2012, 10:54 PM
You're making an excuse for him tonight?

Okay.

LMAO

That's an excuse? He was barely targeted tonight and fumbled a ball. I'm not excusing that. Just pointing out facts.

Hammock Parties
08-18-2012, 10:55 PM
Cassel has been a hell of a lot better so far

He was as good as he was in his last preseason game of 2011, when he was 15 out of 17 passing for 129 yards. LMAO

Dude is a preseason Pro Bowler who is once again fooling all the homers.

Hell, he was 9 out of 14 for 99 yards and a TD in his last preseason appearance in 2009. What happened that year?

jd1020
08-18-2012, 10:55 PM
But you walked away from this game SO impressed!

Am I suppose to be unimpressed with a QB, who is known for shitting his pants under pressure, not shit his pants and make accurate passes with zip on them?

Rasputin
08-18-2012, 10:56 PM

Are you fucking kidding me? What a dumbass remark. It is his SECOND YEAR! He has this year to work on his craft NEXT year if we don't see the major improvement then ya you would be right. Give him this year to prosper or have a chance to make the plays he IS capable of making.

DaneMcCloud
08-18-2012, 10:56 PM
That's an excuse? He was barely targeted tonight and fumbled a ball. I'm not excusing that. Just pointing out facts.

Facts?

LMAO

You're slightly retarded, no?

DaneMcCloud
08-18-2012, 10:57 PM
Are you fucking kidding me? What a dumbass remark. It is his SECOND YEAR! He has this year to work on his craft NEXT year if we don't see the major improvement then ya you would be right. Give him this year to prosper or have a chance to make the plays he IS capable of making.

Shut the fuck up, Dumbshit.

A..J Green and Julio Jones needed two years, right?

jd1020
Facts?

LMAO

You're slightly retarded, no?

So Baldwin had an offseason last year, didn't have a broken hand, and didn't miss the first 5 games last year? Good to know, you fucking idiot.

lcarus
Agreed. Defense looked a bit flat tonight and the offense had some bad breaks early on. Unfortunately the worst news is Kendrick Lewis. I could care less about a bad performance...What I do care about is losing ANOTHER member of the secondary.

Yeah that really sucks if we lose Lewis for a long stretch. The lack of safety depth might bite us in the ass for the second year in a row. Hopefully someone steps up. The good news is that when we lost Berry last year our D managed to still be pretty good.

beach tribe

Broken record is broken.

beach tribe
08-18-2012, 10:59 PM
Yeah that really sucks if we lose Lewis for a long stretch. The lack of safety depth might bite us in the ass for the second year in a row. Hopefully someone steps up. The good news is that when we lost Berry last year our D managed to still be pretty good.

And Lewis is Not Berry.
If have a little faith in Daniels playing the free.

BigMeatballDave
08-18-2012, 11:00 PM
Actually, if you read this place, it's exactly the opposite. People completely overreacted to last week, and are playing the "well, it's just a PS game" card this week. Can't have it both ways.

I've said more times than I can count that it doesn't mean shit until Week 1 of the regular season.

I'm fully aware. They looked good last week.

Its preseason. I say this every year.

I don't get excited, one way or the other.

I save it for when it counts.

Frankie
08-18-2012, 11:00 PM
I DVRed the game as I was at a dinner party tonight. So I don't know who looked good or who looked bad. I'm taking your words for them for now. But this is amazing how most of the posters were talking SB possibilities after last week's game and how we are "the worst garbage on the field."

IT'S THE F@#%ING PRESEASON, PEOPLE!!!!

NOTHING MEANS ANYTHING.

lcarus
08-18-2012, 11:03 PM
And Lewis is Not Berry.
If have a little faith in Daniels playing the free.

Yeah exactly. If we can lose Berry and still have a good D we should manage fine without Lewis. Still hope he is ok.

DaneMcCloud
08-18-2012, 11:04 PM
So Baldwin had an offseason last year, didn't have a broken hand, and didn't miss the first 5 games last year? Good to know, you fucking idiot.

LMAO

What a bunch of fucking retards. Always making excuses.

jd1020
08-18-2012, 11:05 PM
LMAO

What a bunch of ****ing retards. Always making excuses.

Ya. I'm totally making excuses for Baldwin's lack of production in preseason games. How many times has he been targeted, btw? McCluster probably has more catches than Baldwin has targets,

Rasputin
08-18-2012, 11:06 PM
Shut the **** up, Dumbshit.

A..J Green and Julio Jones needed two years, right?

Why would I need to shut up? Hmm? It's his second fucking year like you said SECOND year give a guy proper time to succeed or fail, but give a guy a chance to grow. He had SHIT for QBs all of last year.

You don't know shit but you like to talk big and tough. Mr. Dane McCloud.

notorious
08-18-2012, 11:07 PM
You guys could fill the Grand Canyon with your tears.

DaneMcCloud
08-18-2012, 11:07 PM
I DVRed the game as I was at a dinner party tonight. So I don't know who looked good or who looked bad. I'm taking your words for them for now. But this is amazing how most of the posters were talking SB possibilities after last week's game and how we are "the worst garbage on the field."

IT'S THE F@#%ING PRESEASON, PEOPLE!!!!

NOTHING MEANS ANYTHING.

Right.

How many times in the past decade have the Chiefs had a losing preseason and a winning regular season?

Hammock Parties
08-18-2012, 11:08 PM
LMAO

What a bunch of fucking retards. Always making excuses.

Get that motor running, Dane.

We need you humming along at full speed when Atlanta comes in here and drops a nuke on Arrowhead.

Hammock Parties
08-18-2012, 11:09 PM
Why would I need to shut up? Hmm? It's his second fucking year like you said SECOND year give a guy proper time to succeed or fail, but give a guy a chance to grow. He had SHIT for QBs all of last year.

First Dexter, now Baldwin.

You love those underachievers, don't you?

BossChief
I don't love Cassel you fucking moron. I wan't a new QB as bad as the next person but Cassel has been a hell of a lot better so far and there has been NOTHING to complain about.

haha

Calling someone a moron and then following it up with putting an apostrophe in the word "want" is just too funny to pass up on.

beach tribe
Yeah exactly. If we can lose Berry and still have a good D we should manage fine without Lewis. Still hope he is ok.

Me too.
I wouldn't count on it.

DaneMcCloud

And you "talk" like a Homer-Dumbass.

If Jon Baldwin needs three seasons to prove his worth, he was a fucking awful selection.

Hammock Parties
08-18-2012, 11:10 PM
To be fair to Baldwin, Darius Heyward-Bey needed 3 seasons. :D

BossChief
08-18-2012, 11:11 PM
First Dexter, now Baldwin.

You love those underachievers, don't you?

Dexter is a classic OVERACHIEVER, dude.

850 offensive yards for a 165 pounder is a lot.

jd1020
08-18-2012, 11:11 PM
haha

Calling someone a moron and then following it up with putting an apostrophe in the word "want" is just too funny to pass up on.

Happens a lot, people thinking of other words while typing different ones. I'm sure you never make a typo... ever.

Frankie
08-18-2012, 11:12 PM
Yeah, he always looks decent in preseason.

That's the point.

He looked like shit last preseason. That's when and why the Stanzi legend started.

BossChief
08-18-2012, 11:13 PM

Sometimes, even that doesnt hold much weight.

You dont get a god look at some teams until week 2 or 3.

Frankie
08-18-2012, 11:17 PM

I understand he was a lifetime Cowboy fan and was gonna go there almost no matter what.

Too me the one play that stood out during the entire game was when Houston destroyed the blocking of B Richardson nocking him flat on his ass distrupting the pass play. ****ing blew him up. Can we get a gif on that play Clay?

Ok I thought earlier in this thread somebody said Richardson looked solid. Now I'm confused.

BossChief
08-18-2012, 11:17 PM
Happens a lot, people thinking of other words while typing different ones. I'm sure you never make a typo... ever.

I have typos all the time.

When I go back and read them, I usually laugh.

Which is exactly what I did when I read that post.

Rasputin
08-18-2012, 11:18 PM
And you "talk" like a Homer-Dumbass.

If Jon Baldwin needs three seasons to prove his worth, he was a ****ing awful selection.

I'm a homer for having expectations for guys to do good for the upcomming season? Great then I am a fucking homer.

Rasputin
08-18-2012, 11:22 PM
Ok I thought earlier in this thread somebody said Richardson looked solid. Now I'm confused.

Not on that play. He got nocked on his ass pretty good and it was funny. I'd like to see it gif up tho.

Sorter
08-18-2012, 11:23 PM
Why would I need to shut up? Hmm? It's his second ****ing year like you said SECOND year give a guy proper time to succeed or fail, but give a guy a chance to grow. He had SHIT for QBs all of last year.

http://i.imgur.com/tHw0b.gif

Sorter
08-18-2012, 11:25 PM

Richardson got blown the fuck up by Houston on one play, knocking flat onto his fat ass. He blew past him on another speed rush as well. Don't remember how either looked in the run game, as I was too busy watching our awesome run stuffing ends and Toribio get raped.

DaneMcCloud
08-18-2012, 11:26 PM
I'm a homer for having expectations for guys to do good for the upcomming season? Great then I am a fucking homer.

So that's your response? Obviously, I gave you too much credit.

You're fucking dumber than I thought.

Chief_For_Life58
08-18-2012, 11:37 PM
I didn't take much from this game tonight. I saw some good things I saw alot of bad things. we definitely didn't build on last weeks game but its the second preseason game so im gonna wait to see how we finish the preseason out and start the regular season before I start going crazy or not. I dont think im drinking the koolaid people are making saying were gonna be a top 10 defense though. I just dont see it...yet

bricks
08-18-2012, 11:41 PM
Watching Hard Knocks. Why don't we ever get anybody like this Tannehill?

Because its the Chiefs they don't draft QBs in the first round.

Rasputin
08-18-2012, 11:43 PM
So that's your response? Obviously, I gave you too much credit.

You're ****ing dumber than I thought.

I don't give a shit what you think of me. I pretty much think your an internet bully with shit for brains but thats JMHO.

Rasputin
08-18-2012, 11:54 PM
Sometimes, even that doesnt hold much weight.

You dont get a god look at some teams until week 2 or 3.

Ya and sometimes they turn it around mid season. Players and team need to grow together and learn the strengths and weaknesses just to get better. This is a new season with some good aquisitions from the offseason and some that may hender the team **cough Routt cough** if they don't play or make efforts like they should.

This is a young team and I'm still excited for some Chiefs football this year. Out side of our QB situation we got players that can play with the big dogs in this league & even Matt Cassell can have decent plays to keep us in the cool runnings.

LOCOChief
08-18-2012, 11:55 PM
I don't give a shit what you think of me. I pretty much think your an internet bully with shit for brains but thats JMHO.

Dane's an asshole. He makes it difficult to hang here. I got to think there are better things to do then listen to some nuttless squirrel try to make his mark on a chief’s message board.

jspchief
Love the people that are all up on Cassel's bag. He's like a con man. He has this style that leaves a box score making him look like a pro bowl QB, but its like he makes plays with absolutely no regard to what impact it has on the teams actual chances of winning. He's whoring QB rating at the expense of an offense that can actually compete with playoff caliber teams. Need 9 yards for the first down? Box score says Matty completed it (for 7). Down by 14? Matty went on a 12-14 streak (for a FG and the team lost by 18).

Buckle your seatbelts football fans. Matty is gonna take us on another Pro Bowl season ride. Yes, we'll get embarrassed by the true competitors of the league, but we may fall assbackwards into the playoffs by winning the worst division in the NFL. And boy oh boy, look at Matty's stat line.

BossChief
Positives:

Charles looked like he trusts the knee and that he hasnt lost his explosion, vision or strength in his runs. Definitely a good sign.

Cassel looked like he is trying to take the next step in his development (sad that at 30 that is even an issue) by trying to push the ball more on intermediate routes. His arm looks visibly stronger and his accuracy seems to have improved...as does his poise, albeit not by leaps and bounds.

Playcalling is much better on offense. I know, I know preseason blah blah...but the plays are in on time and most of the time have been effective.

Hillis looks to be ready for another 2010 year...dude reminds me of a more talented Mike Alstott...hopefully he continues to secure the ball and isnt careless with it in crucial situations like he was in 2010...if he does, our running backs will be in beast mode.

Jerrell Powe looks to be a guy that should probably get some sub package work and is probably deserving of more than that. He is seemingly disruptive on a lot of plays he is in for and if this team is gonna blitz more and use man coverage as much as they are, he can be an asset in a "Jay Ratliff" type role as a penetrating nose when we blitz.

Allen looked to be in beast mode and should be promoted immediately to starting left guard.

Dexter McCluster is kicking big time ass out there and is arguably our best receiver (until Bowe gets his back into the swing of things. He is getting consistent separation and is catching almost everything thrown his way. If he keeps it up, he will provide a valuable weapon to this offense.

Kevin Boss is looking like a stud pickup more and more aqnd should allow our offense to use he and Moeaki similarly to how Gronk/Hernandez get used in NE. Really good value signing.

Dontari Poe is already starting to flash, if you look close enough. He is splitting doubles and beating blocks regularly and had a couple pressures tonight. They need to put him at the3 nose and keep him there...LIKE THEY SAID THEY WERE GONNA DO.

The negatives:

Stanzi looked like hot garbage. No redeemable features were on display tonight. Just a poor showing.

Dorsey/Torbino/Jackson all looked like ass. Not sure what was up tonight with them, but they all looked soft.

The whole secondary...even Berry looked bad tonight and whats really bad is that the Rams have one of the weakest receiving cores in the league and we couldnt even slow them down.

Did I mention Stanzi?...biggest opportunity of his life to show something and he really played poorly.

Bailey...where the fuck was he?

Albert has a rough game, too...gave up a couple pressures and a sack iirc. Its a shame...I figured he would be looking very impressive this time of the year in a contract year.

Baldwin...another of "my guys" that underachieved tonight...although I think a large part of that is because he is a guy you just need to throw a few passes a game to him and let him go get it and these guys arent doing that for the kid....they need to show some confidence in him by making it a point to do that.

I hope Romeo turns it up a couple notches in practice this week to get the starters some good work before next week...thats the game that these guys need to be almost ready to line up in a regular season game and if we look out of rythem...that will almost undoubtedly carryover into the regular season.

This team has a lot of work to do to start to realize their potential and if we dont get it going pretty fast, Clay is gonna end up looking like a genius at the end of the year.

mr. tegu
08-18-2012, 11:58 PM
This place...some people choose to be optimistic and look at postive things that can be taken from the game and have a bright outlook for the players and season. These people are called homers in a negative connotation by people that are choosing to look at negatives from the game and harp on them relentlessly, and use their "more informed" stance to prop themselves above those they deem as dumb "homers." The irony is that it is two sides of the same coin.

BossChief
08-18-2012, 11:59 PM
I didn't take much from this game tonight. I saw some good things I saw alot of bad things. we definitely didn't build on last weeks game but its the second preseason game so im gonna wait to see how we finish the preseason out and start the regular season before I start going crazy or not. I dont think im drinking the koolaid people are making saying were gonna be a top 10 defense though. I just dont see it...yet

We had the 11th ranked defense last year.

This defense will start to find their groove and start knocking folks out soon enough.

Sorter
08-19-2012, 12:00 AM
Allen Bailey actually generated a decent push on passing downs and also made a nice stop playing the 5-tech in our 3-4 with the 3rd st I believe.

BossChief
08-19-2012, 12:00 AM
This place...some people choose to be optimistic and look at postive things that can be taken from the game and have a bright outlook for the players and season. These people are called homers in a negative connotation by people that are choosing to look at negatives from the game and harp on them relentlessly, and use their "more informed" stance to prop themselves above those they deem as dumb "homers." The irony is that it is two sides of the same coin.

wax on, wax off daniel son

Sorter
08-19-2012, 12:02 AM
Additionally, I haven't re-watched the game yet, but it seemed to me that we played a lot less press coverage and more off-man. Pretty vanilla stuff that allowed Bradford to get easy crossing routes completed.

mcaj22
08-19-2012, 12:02 AM
Additionally, I haven't re-watched the game yet, but it seemed to me that we played a lot less press coverage and more off-man. Pretty vanilla stuff that allowed Bradford to get easy crossing routes completed.

that's because we have to play turds like Jacques Reeves and Jalil Brown.

ThaVirus
08-19-2012, 12:05 AM
Yes that play. Fn peaved me off. **** his candy raider ass if that's how it's going be. I don't care if it is preseason got to look like your giving effort out there damn play like you want to be out there. Plenty of guys that would love the same opportunity just to make the effort.

I wouldn't worry about that in the preseason. INTs are sexy stats for a CB. He'll go all out to make those types of plays when it counts.

mr. tegu
08-19-2012, 12:06 AM
Love the people that are all up on Cassel's bag. He's like a con man. He has this style that leaves a box score making him look like a pro bowl QB, but its like he makes plays with absolutely no regard to what impact it has on the teams actual chances of winning. He's whoring QB rating at the expense of an offense that can actually compete with playoff caliber teams. Need 9 yards for the first down? Box score says Matty completed it (for 7). Down by 14? Matty went on a 12-14 streak (for a FG and the team lost by 18).

Buckle your seatbelts football fans. Matty is gonna take us on another Pro Bowl season ride. Yes, we'll get embarrassed by the true competitors of the league, but we may fall assbackwards into the playoffs by winning the worst division in the NFL. And boy oh boy, look at Matty's stat line.

Does the box score show what we can all clearly see which is his velocity is visibly improved and his accuracy seems improved as well? Does it have a stat for how much more comfortable he appears to be without three guys yelling in his ear before every play? Does it show that he seems more confident with where he is choosing to throw the ball, check down or not?

BossChief
08-19-2012, 12:08 AM
Does the box score show what we can all clearly see which is his velocity is visibly improved and his accuracy seems improved as well? Does it have a stat for how much more comfortable he appears to be without three guys yelling in his ear before every play? Does it show that he seems more confident with where he is choosing to throw the ball, check down or not?

there is much truth in this post.

Like it or not.

Now, sand the floor.

Rasputin
08-19-2012, 12:11 AM
[QUOTE=BossChief;8831902]Positives:

Baldwin...another of "my guys" that underachieved tonight...although I think a large part of that is because he is a guy you just need to throw a few passes a game to him and let him go get it and these guys arent doing that for the kid....they need to show some confidence in him by making it a point to do that.

QUOTE]

This. Some guys just need the feel of being part of the offense. When they don't get fed the ball makes it harder for them to consentrate when they do get the ball. I'm not saying this is the case tonight, no excuse for Baldwin to fumble it, but got to go back to him just to help with his confedence & be abel to redeem himself. Got to feed the playmakers the ball. Dwayne Bowe is the same way got to keep them from feeling left out there on an island by themselves. That is the life of a WR. That also what you want is a guy who can progress during the game and get it rolling. I think that is on the QB to help guys build that confidence in them. Should have gone right back too him for that opportunity.

DaneMcCloud
08-19-2012, 12:23 AM

Shit for brains?

LMAO

You are abolutely clueless about the game of football and prove with each subsequent post.

Good job.