PDA

View Full Version : Football Philbin announces Tannehill has won the QB competition

ShowtimeSBMVP
08-20-2012, 01:05 PM
Ben Volin ‏@BenVolinPBP

Philbin announces Tannehill has won the QB competition

nychief
08-20-2012, 01:26 PM
they are going to ruin that kid... Philbin looks like a dope on Hard Knocks... how many games are they going to win? 3 or under?

notorious
08-20-2012, 01:27 PM
Uh-Oh.

Everyone realizes that Tannehill is CP's next Sanchez, right?

jspchief
08-20-2012, 01:28 PM
I was told multiple times he was a minimum 2 year project.

mcaj22
08-20-2012, 01:29 PM
seriously the kid has a future but its not being thrown into the fire with by the worst WR corps in the NFL

lol

the Talking Can
08-20-2012, 01:30 PM
at least we didn't make a risky pick in the first round...whew

Johnny Vegas
08-20-2012, 01:40 PM
well yea. When Garrard is out with a knee injury and Matt Moore is your competition...

L.A. Chieffan
08-20-2012, 01:41 PM
cassel will have a much better year

bigbucks24
08-20-2012, 01:47 PM
they are going to ruin that kid... Philbin looks like a dope on Hard Knocks... how many games are they going to win? 3 or under?

What were you predicting their record would be with Moore as their QB?

Titty Meat
08-20-2012, 03:09 PM
Me, Boss, Milkman and a few others were on the Tannehill bandwagon.

In58men
08-20-2012, 03:13 PM

Yeah same here. I was a throwing up threads like Luv on crack before the draft.

AndChiefs
08-20-2012, 03:16 PM

I was one of the few others. Still haven't been proven right though. All this proves is that Matt Moore sucks.

Skyy God
08-20-2012, 03:17 PM

a) Franchises should only care about the current year?

b) Cassel's supporting cast is much better than Tannehill's. Your point being?

mr. tegu
08-20-2012, 03:28 PM
Uh-Oh.

I do. And in actuality he won't ever have nearly the success Sanchez had. I have been anti Tannehill and I remain as such.

Tombstone RJ
08-20-2012, 03:45 PM
I wouldn't start Tannehill even IF he's better than Moore. As others have suggested it could seriously screw up his development if he gets humiliated game after game.

Play Moore, you just payed the man, he's a vet and the team sucks. Let Tanny develop and then when Miami is mathmatically eliminated from the playoffs, bring Tanny in in the second half of those meaningless games at the end of the season.

Good lord some of the decisions these GMs/coaches make are just stooooooooooopid.

The Franchise
08-20-2012, 03:46 PM
Tannehill is in a better situation than most rookie QBs who have no offensive weapons. He at least knows the playbook....considering it's the same shit he ran in college.

RealSNR
08-20-2012, 03:48 PM
Uh-Oh.

Hell, I'm STILL on the Sanchez wagon.

Tombstone RJ
08-20-2012, 03:49 PM
Tannehill is in a better situation than most rookie QBs who have no offensive weapons. He at least knows the playbook....considering it's the same shit he ran in college.

yah, I agree. That being said when the regular season starts than the vanilla stuff is over. These NFL defenses are going to be throwing all sorts of different looks at the phins and Tanny has no weapons to speak of, at least none that I can think of off the top of my head.

Unless they have an all-pro offensive line that can protect Tanny and open huge holes for whatever RB they have, it's just too much of a risk to play him IMHO.

Again, what the hell are they paying Moore for again?

Tombstone RJ
08-20-2012, 03:51 PM
IMHO, this is a desperation move by the Phins and I guarantee it's coming from the top, that is, ownership.

The Phins are just a terrible franchise IMHO.

Bewbies
08-20-2012, 04:57 PM

You know you're QB is a stud when people need to point out that at 30, on a way better team, will have a better season than a rookie.

Bewbies
08-20-2012, 04:59 PM
I'm glad we went with Poe and Wylie over moving up for a QB good enough to start his first game as a rookie. What we did was way safer.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-20-2012, 05:12 PM
They look pretty shitty on Hard Knocks. My first thought when hearing all thier recievers was WHO???

ModSocks
08-20-2012, 05:13 PM
IMHO, this is a desperation move by the Phins and I guarantee it's coming from the top, that is, ownership.

What's so desperate about it? He's the better of the two QB's.

It's not like Matt Moore is gonna come out and light the world on fire.

bigbucks24
08-20-2012, 06:17 PM

Yeah. I can see it now. Philbin wants to start Moore, but Ross calls down and tells him he has to start Tanny. Just like Clark decides who starts for the Chiefs. I think your guarantee is laughable. The may be a poor franchise and they may not win many games this year, and Philbin may look like a goober, but to think that the owner is deciding on who is starting is ridiculous.

Setsuna
08-20-2012, 07:41 PM
Yeah that sucks for Tannehill. You think they'll draft Barkley or Bray if they are in the top 5 to pick?

MahiMike
08-20-2012, 07:57 PM
What? We've gone to page 2 with no pics of Lauren?

BigCatDaddy
08-20-2012, 09:30 PM
Any chance we make a move for Moore as the backup?

Just Passin' By
08-20-2012, 09:32 PM
I'm glad we went with Poe and Wylie over moving up for a QB good enough to start his first game as a rookie. What we did was way safer.

Tannehill didn't exactly beat out Brady and Rodgers for the job.

BossChief
08-20-2012, 09:48 PM
I wonder if they plan on cutting Garrard or Moore?

One would have to think that if Daboll wants a vet and a developmental prospect...he would be vocal about upgrading Quinn to Moore.

Moore did quite well in Dabolls offense last year.

That offense was top half of the league with him as the starter.

L.A. Chieffan
08-20-2012, 10:36 PM
You know you're QB is a stud when people need to point out that at 30, on a way better team, will have a better season than a rookie.

Cassell 7th rounder
Tannehill 1st rounder

doomy3
08-20-2012, 10:47 PM
This is the first QB, who we have had a real shot at, that I wanted us to draft. It'll be interesting to track his progress. Would have loved for us to make a move in front of Miami for him, but he certainly isn't without some risk. He could be very, very good, or he could fizzle out quickly with his lack of experience.

Gravedigger
08-20-2012, 10:51 PM
I'm not going to go all Kevin Keitzmann up in here but it's sad that Kirk Cousins and Nick Foles were still there and available. Did you see Foles tonight? Not too shabby, how come every other team that takes Rookie QB's ends up making a decent investment but when we do it they wither in a year or two? Cause we're the Chiefs! That's why! Our greatest weapon is hope!!!

BossChief
08-20-2012, 10:53 PM
The #2 pick was for sale and the #6 pick was also up for auction.

There is no doubt that Pioli had no intention of bringing in a rookie quarterback.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-21-2012, 08:10 AM
Tannehill didn't exactly beat out Brady and Rodgers for the job.

Garrard was well on his way to winning the starting job.

Setsuna
08-21-2012, 09:39 AM
Garrard was well on his way to winning the starting job.

This is true.