PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Colt McCoy

MahiMike
08-21-2012, 06:15 AM
You know he's better than our 2 backups. Sign him.

King_Chief_Fan
08-21-2012, 06:16 AM
much better than one who should go nameless but his initials are Rick Stanzi

Black Bob
08-21-2012, 06:24 AM
I would prefer Colt to Stanzi but, I would rather just give a 7th round pick for Tavaris Jackson.

TimeForWasp
08-21-2012, 06:30 AM
Travarious Jackson was the starter in Minnesota. booted. He was the starter in Seattle, now third team. He sucks.

jd1020
08-21-2012, 06:31 AM
I would prefer Colt to Stanzi but, I would rather just give a 7th round pick for Tavaris Jackson.

Why the hell would you do that? He's pretty bad and is probably not going to be traded and end up being cut.

Chiefnj2
08-21-2012, 06:31 AM
Colt would seem to make sense since he is well suited to a dink and dunk game. The Browns would be stupid to trade him since he has looked like the best QB on their roster.

BigMeatballDave
08-21-2012, 06:35 AM
The Brownsification continues...

Black Bob
08-21-2012, 06:50 AM
Why the hell would you do that? He's pretty bad and is probably not going to be traded and end up being cut.

If that's the case, I would wait and see if he gets cut. He is better than Quinn or Stanzi imo. We need a back up QB. He has won a bunch of games in his career and has started a playoff game. He is 17-17 as a starter.

Bowser
08-21-2012, 07:10 AM
If we're trading with Seattle, get me Russell Wilson.

Black Bob
08-21-2012, 07:15 AM

No kidding but there is no way in hell they would do that.

Chiefshrink
08-21-2012, 07:19 AM

This ! This guy is the real deal. Very very poised and athletic. Is comfortable in the pocket and will exhaust all options before taking off.

I also liked that kid who backed up Bradford from Southern Mississippi who broke all of Favre's passing records. That kid looked very poised in the pocket with a great arm.

BoneKrusher
08-21-2012, 07:28 AM
this kid is gonna be awesome.
Stephenson picked 74th overall and Wilson picked 75th.
how could a GM justify picking Stephenson over this kid considering the Chiefs QB situation?

Sofa King
08-21-2012, 08:02 AM
Colt > Quinn

loochy
08-21-2012, 08:10 AM
WE SHOULD TRADE STANZI FOR ELI MANNING

Imon Yourside
08-21-2012, 08:17 AM
WE SHOULD TRADE STANZI FOR ELI MANNING

If i'm Pioli I wouldn't do it unless we can get both Mannings.

loochy
08-21-2012, 08:22 AM
If i'm Pioli I wouldn't do it unless we can get both Mannings.

we can give them quinn too

Pasta Little Brioni
08-21-2012, 08:29 AM
No thanks, don't want that pussy on the team.

Black Bob
08-21-2012, 08:29 AM
this kid is gonna be awesome.
Stephenson picked 74th overall and Wilson picked 75th.
how could a GM justify picking Stephenson over this kid considering the Chiefs QB situation?

Most people had him as a 5th round pick. All of the draft gurus said Seattle reached big time. The one that gets me is Dalton. Last year, Pioli met with him a ton. Probably more than any other player. I think Haley talked him into Baldwin.

I like Baldwin but, Dalton would have been nice.

boogblaster
08-21-2012, 08:36 AM
well we'b still need a QB ... thats all fo now .....

loochy
08-21-2012, 08:38 AM
Most people had him as a 5th round pick. All of the draft gurus said Seattle reached big time. The one that gets me is Dalton. Last year, Pioli met with him a ton. Probably more than any other player. I think Haley talked him into Baldwin.

Billay would have been sooo stoked to see a fellow ginger as QB

BoneKrusher
08-21-2012, 08:42 AM
I think Haley talked him into Baldwin.

yeah QB was/is a need.
as far as Dalton, maybe Pioli needs to hire better talent scouts?

Pasta Little Brioni
08-21-2012, 08:45 AM
NFC West Bone. 1-6 against winning teams. Could be a fraud.

BoneKrusher
08-21-2012, 08:48 AM
NFC West Bone. 1-6 against winning teams. Could be a fraud.

yeah, i've thought of that but think he was worth the risk IMO.

buddha
08-21-2012, 08:56 AM
How would anybody know if McCoy is better than anybody at this point? What has he done in the NFL that showed promise? He looks like a sub par, rather forgetable small QB.

suds79
08-21-2012, 08:58 AM

Why though? Look at the big picture.

Lets say for a second you're right and that he is better than our other backups. (even though I think that's debatable) What's the point? So we can win one or two more games? Maybe get to 7-9?

Our backups are so bad Matt clearly is our best QB. So if he goes down, with our roster we're done anyways. Might as well play for draft position in a QB heavy draft.

Hammock Parties
08-21-2012, 09:45 AM
How would anybody know if McCoy is better than anybody at this point? What has he done in the NFL that showed promise? He looks like a sub par, rather forgetable small QB.

Matt Cassel's last 11 games:

180-of-320 (56.3%) for 1,898 yards (5.9 YPA), 10 touchdowns, and 16 turnovers. 65.8 QB rating.

Colt McCoy's last 11 games:

224 of 391 (57%) for 2,309 yards (5.9 YPA), 11 touchdowns and 12 turnovers. 73.1 QB rating.

Pretty sure the Browns don't have Dwayne Bowe or Steve Breaston.

jd1020
08-21-2012, 09:47 AM
I think Colt would do pretty well in our offense. Doesn't matter, though. We aren't trading for him unless we end up releasing either Quinn or Stanzi, and that's not gonna happen.

Chiefnj2
08-21-2012, 09:54 AM

Lets say for a second you're right and that he is better than our other backups. (even though I think that's debatable) What's the point? So we can win one or two more games? Maybe get to 7-9?

Our backups are so bad Matt clearly is our best QB. So if he goes down, with our roster we're done anyways. Might as well play for draft position in a QB heavy draft.

In the last three years one team has made the championship game based on a run game and good D (Jets x2 and SF). That appears to be KC's model (although on paper KC seems to have more offensive weapons). So, yes if Cassel were to go down for a game or two, someone like McCoy could come in and run a dink and dunk and hopefully get KC to the post season.

Hammock Parties
08-21-2012, 10:02 AM
Not only is Colt McCoy better than our backups, I really think he's better than Cassel.

Tough call. It's close. If Colt had played with Randy Moss he might've been a rich man.

suds79
08-21-2012, 10:22 AM
In the last three years one team has made the championship game based on a run game and good D (Jets x2 and SF). That appears to be KC's model (although on paper KC seems to have more offensive weapons). So, yes if Cassel were to go down for a game or two, someone like McCoy could come in and run a dink and dunk and hopefully get KC to the post season.

I guess if getting to the postseason is the ultimate goal sure why not. ;)

Would you rather get to the postseason and get it handed to us like we did a few years ago?

Or

Suffer through one season and get a franchise QB to potentially be set for years?

The Franchise
08-21-2012, 10:25 AM
Yep....because Colt McCoy is going to want to be around Daboll again.

Chiefnj2
08-21-2012, 10:33 AM
I guess if getting to the postseason is the ultimate goal sure why not. ;)

Would you rather get to the postseason and get it handed to us like we did a few years ago?

Or

Suffer through one season and get a franchise QB to potentially be set for years?

I'd rather make the post season and take my chances. Nobody thought the Texans would win a game with a 5th rounder. Nobody thought Alex Smith could get the 49ers to the Championship game.

I've been suffering through 40 years and the team still hasn't taken that shot at a franchise QB. Losing this year doesn't guarantee you a first round QB.

durtyrute
08-21-2012, 10:39 AM
We have a first round QB. What makes one a franchise qB and one not? People thought the Medicine Woman would be a franchise QB as well. Now we have him and nobody wants to give him a shot.

suds79
08-21-2012, 10:44 AM
I'd rather make the post season and take my chances. Nobody thought the Texans would win a game with a 5th rounder. Nobody thought Alex Smith could get the 49ers to the Championship game.

I've been suffering through 40 years and the team still hasn't taken that shot at a franchise QB. Losing this year doesn't guarantee you a first round QB.

I guess I feel that it's not really a "take your chances" type of thing. Those two teams you mentioned got sent home. To me their ceiling was reached. Impossible to go beyond that without a franchise QB. Who was in the big game? Franchise QBs.

Agreed losing this year doesn't guarantee us a first round QB (I can't force Scott to pull the trigger)... But it should. This team needs to take the plunge at some time sooner or later. We're in the position we're in because of their refusal to try. Until they do, we'll never see a SB. It's really that simple.

Chiefnj2
08-21-2012, 10:58 AM
Impossible to go beyond that without a franchise QB. Who was in the big game? Franchise QBs.

The 49ers didn't lose the game because of the QB, or lack of a franchise QB.

suds79
08-21-2012, 11:02 AM
The 49ers didn't lose the game because of the QB, or lack of a franchise QB.

Agreed. I'm not even trying to point out specific plays or talking about conference championship games.

I'm talking about winning the SB. All you have to do is look at the history.

If this was say 2000 (ex: Ravens) before the rule changes I could be more on board. But not with the way the league is today. They've turned it into all about the QB.

The Franchise
08-21-2012, 11:03 AM
Alex Smith > Matt Cassel

Tombstone RJ
08-21-2012, 11:09 AM
wow, you all are talking about bringing in Colt McCoy? Now, that is sad. It looks like kc has again passed on a good QB draft class.

Did you all see Nick Foles play last night? Philly drafted him in the 3rd round.

Brock
08-21-2012, 11:11 AM
wow, you all are talking about bringing in Colt McCoy? Now, that is sad. It looks like kc has again passed on a good QB draft class.

Did you all see Nick Foles play last night? Philly drafted him in the 3rd round.

Philly makes dogshit look good all the time. Don't be fooled.

suds79
The whole notion of the 49ers last year (even though they fell short), Ravens, bucs argument that you don't need a franchise QB is silly anyways.

What is harder?

Finally sacking up to draft a QB high and get that franchise QB capable of winning a SB? (I'd say there's about 6-8 of them in the NFL right now)

or

obtaining about 3-4 players on D who are arguably the best in the league at their positions and overall having the best D in the league. #2-#5 ranked probably won't do it. Has toe be great. Loaded with several HOFers. Talking 85 bears great.

Seems to me that's the harder path to take.

Tombstone RJ

ROFL

Dude, so you are saying that kc should NOT have drafted Nick Foles in the 3rd round?

Brock
08-21-2012, 11:16 AM
ROFL

Dude, so you are saying that kc should NOT have drafted Nick Foles in the 3rd round?

Personally, I don't want a 3rd round project. Are you new to football or something?

Tombstone RJ
08-21-2012, 11:20 AM
Personally, I don't want a 3rd round project. Are you new to football or something?

:rolleyes:

you are a loser, you are a kc fan and you are the one who is soooo fuggen jaded that your perception is destroyed.

whatever, keep sucking those those farts out of dead chickens. loser.

Brock
08-21-2012, 11:20 AM
:rolleyes:

you are a loser, you are a kc fan and are the one who is soooo fuggen jaded that your perception is destroyed.

whatever, keep sucking those those farts out of dead chickens. loser.

You make some very interesting football points. Thanks for sharing!

Tombstone RJ
08-21-2012, 11:22 AM
You make some very interesting football points. Thanks for sharing!

Nick Foles, 3rd round QB, that was my point. You have no point, I'm just sinking down to your idiot level.

loser.

lcarus
08-21-2012, 11:23 AM
Speaking of Philly, me and my brother were watching the game and saying how Vick was pretty good but can't stay healthy. Then, the next play after we said that...BOOM. Injured. It was kinda funny...

CoMoChief
08-21-2012, 11:36 AM
Colt McCoy is MUCH better than fucking Ricky Stanzi

Some of you are retarded homers.

Pitt Gorilla
08-21-2012, 11:48 AM
We could have signed Daniel for next to nothing. Dude looks good in NO.

Brock
08-21-2012, 12:11 PM
Nick Foles, 3rd round QB, that was my point. You have no point, I'm just sinking down to your idiot level.

loser.

You're sinking down to a name calling level, which I haven't done. But whatever, you've always been a worthless poster.

HemiEd
08-21-2012, 12:13 PM
We could have signed Daniel for next to nothing. Dude looks good in NO.

And some of you rail on BossChief for being an Iowa homer. ROFL

Stanzi, has had very little exposure, too early to give up on the kid.

Stanzi is like an artist that has been told to stay within the lines on a paint by number kit. Last year he was smooth and composed in his limited exposure, now he has been behind Cassel, being taught how to play conservative. It will take some time.

Tombstone RJ
08-21-2012, 12:21 PM
You're sinking down to a name calling level, which I haven't done. But whatever, you've always been a worthless poster.

Ok, I'll again ask you why you think kc is better off not having Nick Foles on their team.

Are you seriously trying to tell me Stanzi is better? If so, what EXACTLY has Stanzi done up to this point in the NFL?

Chief Gump
08-21-2012, 12:30 PM
5 10 46 50.0 4.60 21 0 0 62.9

13 23 168 56.5 7.30 38 0 0 79.6

12 24 86 50.0 3.58 15 0 0 58.7

Those are looking like some shitty stats for someone in their second year in the league. I wouldn't want this guy on my team... or would I.

Two decent pre season games by Cassel doesn't make him king shit anymore then one bad game by Stanzi makes him complete shit. Stanzi probably isn't the answer but JFC you people and the knee jerk reaction around here is just ****ing stupid.

I would think someone else should be able to answer who those stats came from.

Brock
08-21-2012, 12:31 PM
Ok, I'll again ask you why you think kc is better off not having Nick Foles on their team.

Are you seriously trying to tell me Stanzi is better? If so, what EXACTLY has Stanzi done up to this point in the NFL?

I'm saying that I'm cautious about any QB that looks good in an Eagles uniform. Philadelphia will probably trade Foles for draft picks next year the same way they did Kolb with similar results. I'm also pretty unimpressed by how QBs look in a preseason game. So honestly, probably unlike a lot of people here, I don't really care about seeing Foles in KC, beyond it being nice to watch a team try to develop QBs.

TLO
08-21-2012, 12:32 PM

Kevin Kolb

Tombstone RJ
08-21-2012, 12:42 PM
I'm saying that I'm cautious about any QB that looks good in an Eagles uniform. Philadelphia will probably trade Foles for draft picks next year the same way they did Kolb with similar results. I'm also pretty unimpressed by how QBs look in a preseason game. So honestly, probably unlike a lot of people here, I don't really care about seeing Foles in KC, beyond it being nice to watch a team try to develop QBs.

Not if Vick continues to go down with injuries. I think this is the exact reason why they drafted Foles. If Vick doesn't play another entire season and Philly again either does not make the playoffs or loses in the first or second round of the playoffs, I think Philly will very much give Foles a chance to succeed.

You really have no reasonable justification for your opinion on Foles or Philly's QBs. I mean, look at your own team, kc. Seriously, you have no idea what a good QB looks like.

I mean really, seriously, think about that for a second. You poo-pooh Philly and them taking Foles IN THE THIRD ROUND, and then say-AND I'M DIRECTLY QUOTING YOU HERE--Personally, I don't want a 3rd round project. Are you new to football or something?--and yet, what the hell is Stanzi exactly?

So again, I ask you, what has Stanzi done in the NFL?

Face it, kc has not drafted a decent QB since the stone age and passing on a "project" like Foles in the 3rd round of the draft demonstates why this franchise has not won a playoff game since 1993.

but whatever, you some how have to justify the lousyness of your team so you stand on your soap box and point fingers at a franchise like Philly that has actually well, yah know, won some playoff games by developing QBs like McNabb.

but whatever.

Brock
08-21-2012, 12:48 PM
Not if Vick continues to go down with injuries. I think this is the exact reason why they drafted Foles. If Vick doesn't play another entire season and Philly again either does not make the playoffs or loses in the first or second round of the playoffs, I think Philly will very much give Foles a chance to succeed.

You really have no reasonable justification for your opinion on Foles or Philly's QBs. I mean, look at your own team, kc. Seriously, you have no idea what a good QB looks like.

I mean really, seriously, think about that for a second. You poo-pooh Philly and them taking Foles IN THE THIRD ROUND, and then say-AND I'M DIRECTLY QUOTING YOU HERE--Personally, I don't want a 3rd round project. Are you new to football or something?--and yet, what the hell is Stanzi exactly?

So again, I ask you, what has Stanzi done in the NFL?

Face it, kc has not drafted a decent QB since the stone age and passing on a "project" like Foles in the 3rd round of the draft demonstates why this franchise has not won a playoff game since 1993.

but whatever, you some how have to justify the lousyness of your team so you stand on your soap box and point fingers at a franchise like Philly that has actually well, yah know, won some playoff games by developing QBs like McNabb.

but whatever.

Do you have a reading disability? I didn't say anything at all derogatory about Philly taking Foles, nor have I excused KC's inability to develop QBs. If they can make something out of him, great. Also, I haven't mentioned Stanzi once, so I'm not sure why you keep bringing him up. I doubt very seriously that he'll ever be a starting QB, and I don't think Foles would either if KC had drafted him.

To your last point, it's kind of an idiot move, to use your words, to bring up Donovan McNabb, who was a top 5 pick, which is where most great QBs get drafted. Which is the only way, THE ONLY WAY, KC is ever going to get a franchise QB.

Tombstone RJ
08-21-2012, 12:59 PM
Do you have a reading disability? I didn't say anything at all derogatory about Philly taking Foles, nor have I excused KC's inability to develop QBs. If they can make something out of him, great. Also, I haven't mentioned Stanzi once, so I'm not sure why you keep bringing him up. I doubt very seriously that he'll ever be a starting QB, and I don't think Foles would either if KC had drafted him.

To your last point, it's kind of an idiot move, to use your words, to bring up Donovan McNabb, who was a top 5 pick, which is where most great QBs get drafted. Which is the only way, THE ONLY WAY, KC is ever going to get a franchise QB.

Dude, what you are saying makes no sense. Nick Foles has played one game in the NFL and he looked very good. He was taken in the 3rd round of the draft so there is minimul risk if he fails as a starting QB.

Also, Donovan McNabb was no guarantee when he was drafted. If you remember, the Philly fans hated the pick and booed it because they wanted Ricky Williams. So in fact, yes, Philly took a big risk on drafting McNabb.

Again, Philly knows what it's doing and kc does not. Once you admit that, you will garner just a little respect from me. But until then, you have no justifiable position on Foles.

patteeu
08-21-2012, 01:02 PM
Brady Quinn is an adequate backup. Unless it's someone who has the upside to become a clear cut starter over Cassel, I'm not interested, and Colt McCoy doesn't fit that bill, IMO. I'll wait for next year's draft to replace apparently deadweight Stanzi, instead.

DBOSHO
08-21-2012, 01:16 PM
The funny thing is that stanzi will probably throw a touchdown Friday and as soon as the recievers foot touches the first blade of grass in the endzone, everyone will be back on his nuts.

Its just the nature of this place

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-21-2012, 01:18 PM
Oh God, really?

TEX
08-21-2012, 02:10 PM
Colt McCoy is MUCH better than ****ing Ricky Stanzi

Some of you are retarded homers.

Yep. And Colt is really just back-up material.

Brock
08-21-2012, 02:13 PM
Dude, what you are saying makes no sense. Nick Foles has played one game in the NFL and he looked very good. He was taken in the 3rd round of the draft so there is minimul risk if he fails as a starting QB.

Also, Donovan McNabb was no guarantee when he was drafted. If you remember, the Philly fans hated the pick and booed it because they wanted Ricky Williams. So in fact, yes, Philly took a big risk on drafting McNabb.

Again, Philly knows what it's doing and kc does not. Once you admit that, you will garner just a little respect from me. But until then, you have no justifiable position on Foles.

Okay,thanks for confirming you can't read. Because if you could, you would note I already did that.

Setsuna
08-21-2012, 02:14 PM
LOL Wilson. At the combine he was berated by practically all of CP for his size. Now you want him? Fuck off.

Tombstone RJ
08-21-2012, 02:53 PM
Okay,thanks for confirming you can't read. Because if you could, you would note I already did that.

So, admit you are admitting you don't know what the hell you are talking about? Congrats.

We can now move.

Brock
08-21-2012, 02:58 PM
So, admit you are admitting you don't know what the hell you are talking about? Congrats.

We can now move.

LMAO Let's compromise and I'll admit you're not too bright.

tk13
08-21-2012, 03:06 PM
I was just never excited about McCoy at all. Even when he was drafted. I think I'd rather have Stanzi. I don't think McCoy is horrific but I don't understand why people get so excited about him.

Pitt Gorilla
08-21-2012, 03:19 PM
Kevin KolbPeople here wanted to trade picks for this guy.

Red Dawg
08-21-2012, 03:26 PM
Trade for Hasselbeck. Solid move. Dump Stanzi.

patteeu
08-21-2012, 03:46 PM
I was just never excited about McCoy at all. Even when he was drafted. I think I'd rather have Stanzi. I don't think McCoy is horrific but I don't understand why people get so excited about him.

I agree for the most part, but at this point at least McCoy has had a modicum of success in the NFL. I sure wouldn't want to trade anything for him though.

Hammock Parties
08-21-2012, 04:12 PM
Brady Quinn is an adequate backup.

No he's not.

He's terrible.

Colt McCoy was a better starter for sure.

patteeu
08-21-2012, 04:29 PM
No he's not.

He's terrible.

Colt McCoy was a better starter for sure.

I'm more interested in finding a guy who has potential to be a long term answer as a starter than finding a better backup, which is all Colt McCoy would be.

BoneKrusher
08-21-2012, 04:36 PM
Trade for Hasselbeck. Solid move.

this would all but insure the division.
we need an experienced starter jic Cassel shits his pants again.

scho63
08-21-2012, 06:28 PM

we have three backups....

MahiMike
08-21-2012, 06:38 PM

Well, if this team plays the season like the 1st preseason game, we could actually be playing for something. Colt's a winner on a good team.

MahiMike
08-21-2012, 06:41 PM
Speaking of Philly, me and my brother were watching the game and saying how Vick was pretty good but can't stay healthy. Then, the next play after we said that...BOOM. Injured. It was kinda funny...

Yep, I made a bet last year that Vick would have less fantasy points than Cassel. He can never stay healthy. RGIII is gonna be the same in a few years.

08-21-2012, 07:18 PM
If the kid is available they should definitely get him

Wallcrawler
08-21-2012, 08:29 PM
We shoulda grabbed Foles when we had the chance. He looked pretty good, and is damn sure better than our backups. If Vick wasnt so busy doubling as a china doll there might have been a shot there.