PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs KC media with Bowe

Chiefnj2
08-21-2012, 09:01 AM
What a horrible interview. Seriously? Nobody asked him a question about whether the team agreed not to tag him next year. The only interesting thing, to me, was his comment that the offensive terminology changed more in 2011 than in 2012 or previous years. I guess Haley tried to get as far away from Weis as possible.

Q: What's going to be the hardest part?

BOWE: "I'm coming in extra early in the morning, staying late after practice, in the meeting room with Matt (Cassel) to overload me, to get me into that playbook, to expedite (the process)."

Q: How much of a shock is it to see different words and different things?

BOWE: "It's not a big shock. I know with a new OC comes new terms. I'm prepared for it like I have been today. Tomorrow we'll see where I'm at."

Q: What time do you get here in the morning?

BOWE: "6:30. Bright and early."

Q: Do you have enough time to get ready for a season opener?

BOWE: "Only time will tell. I'm here early. I'm staying late. I'm trying to expedite the opportunity to get out there and play as soon as possible."

Q: What were you guys able to accomplish today?

BOWE: "A lot: Formations, terms and new routes."

Q: How different is the language with Daboll than it might have been in the past?

BOWE: "I wouldn't say it's too different. It's not as different as it was last year. I've had a few OC's in my career, so all it is, is terms and learning one word and managing the next."

Q: Is it difficult to learn new languages year-in and year-out?

BOWE: "I wouldn't say it's difficult. I'm a professional and my job is to learn no matter who's up to bat. I'm learning it pretty fast and we'll see where it takes me."

Q: What do you think of Brian Daboll?

BOWE: "He's a good guy. He's intense, and he wants guys to learn and play fast. That's what he's teaching me."

Q: Is he a lot more relaxed like you can actually go out and do your job?=

BOWE: "I would say that as time goes - it's my first day so I can't put it in those terms - but as of today, he's pretty cool. Every period when I'm off, he's going over stuff with me trying to get me in the mist of things."

Q: How are the other receivers out there? Have you been following how they're doing at camp?

BOWE: "No, not really, but I've been, today, catching up with some guys and reading some articles. The guys have been doing pretty good without me, so that's a plus knowing they can get some things done without the main guy."

Q: Do they look like they're better than the last time you saw them?

BOWE: "Most definitely. Practice makes perfect, and another year under their belts is only going to mean they're getting better."

Q: While we were in St. Joe, what were you doing?

BOWE: "I was training."

Q: Where were you training? Who were you training with?

BOWE: "That part doesn't really pertain to today, but I'm here. I'm here to do my best and get back on this team."

Q: How big is this year for Dwayne Bowe?

BOWE: "As big as it was last year. Every year is a big year. Somebody is trying to come in here and take my job, and my job is to go as hard as I can to prove that I'm the No. 1 guy."

Q: How comfortable would you be playing Friday night?

BOWE: "That's the coaches' decision. If I can learn all the plays before then, then I'm there, but if it takes a little longer, then it takes a little longer."

Q: Is Kansas City a place you'd like to finish your career?

BOWE: "Oh my gosh, the fans, everybody here supports me no matter what decision is made, and that's what I appreciate about Kansas City."

Q: Were you getting a little antsy being away from the team?

BOWE: "Most definitely. I was communicating with some guys, keeping base, but I'm here now and that's the key point."

Q: Do you have to know every play to play Friday night?

BOWE: "We'll just have to see. Every day I'm going to take it in stride and learn as much as possible, and hopefully get ready to play Friday."

ModSocks
08-21-2012, 09:54 AM
The guys have been doing pretty good without me, so that's a plus knowing they can get some things done without the MAIN GUY."

haha

Putting Baldwin in his place.

InChiefsHeaven
08-21-2012, 09:57 AM
Do you really think they'd ask him a question that there is no way he can answer? Here, just to make you feel better:

Q: So Dwayne, did you and the Chiefs come to a verbal agreement regarding next season and whether or not they would tag you again?

Bowe: Um you know, that's next year. Right now I'm just excited about being here and helping my team.

Chiefnj2
08-21-2012, 10:02 AM
Do you really think they'd ask him a question that there is no way he can answer? Here, just to make you feel better:

Q: So Dwayne, did you and the Chiefs come to a verbal agreement regarding next season and whether or not they would tag you again?

Bowe: Um you know, that's next year. Right now I'm just excited about being here and helping my team.

It isn't a verbal agreement.

Skyy God
08-21-2012, 10:03 AM

Why couldn't he answer unless Pioli made him sign a confidentiality....... oh.

Chiefnj2
08-21-2012, 10:05 AM
Why couldn't he answer unless Pioli made him sign a confidentiality....... oh.

"I can't answer that" would be indicative of something being signed.

No questions about how far apart they were, was he really seeking Fitz guaranteed money. Nothing enlightening - just "What time did you arrive today?"

Black Bob
08-21-2012, 12:03 PM
Q: Is Kansas City a place you'd like to finish your career?

BOWE: "Oh my gosh, the fans, everybody here supports me no matter what decision is made, and that's what I appreciate about Kansas City."

That says quite a bit to me.

Also, there is no such thing as a verbal agreement in the NFL imo. If Bowe agreed to a verbal agreement, he's an idiot. It would be like mailing cash to Florida to reserve a hotel room at the beach.

Bowe just held out for weeks. Why would Pioli agree to anything with the guy? If Bowe wanted to be totally free after this year, he and his agent would have revised his current tag and had it written in there. Then, we would all know about it because it would have to be submitted to the league and the press would write about it. That kind of stuff doesn't just go unnoticed. When Pioli did that for Samuel a few years ago, it was all over the papers.

lcarus
08-21-2012, 12:05 PM

Agreed.

Plus, it's the KC media. What do you guys expect? We're #1 in throwing softball questions.

-King-
08-21-2012, 12:12 PM
Good point made by Blackbob. If there was a no tag agreement deal made, it would be on the contract papers filed to the league. And Schefter and other media guys would have been all over that.
Posted via Mobile Device