PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Should the Chiefs rest the #1s the next two games?

L.A. Chieffan
08-22-2012, 10:45 AM
New England has the right idea I think. Cassell is just too important to risk getting hurt. Stanzi and Quinn need more reps. This goes for the other starters too not just the QB, we DEFINITELY do NOT want a repeat of last year.

CoMoChief
08-22-2012, 10:48 AM
If the QB doesn't get hit, he won't get hurt.

As far as Charles and Moeaki go...they're brittle enough to where I'd strongly consider resting them.

Berry I'd be ok with playing I think.

And yes getting Quinn more reps w/ the #1's is a very smart idea in case something were to happen to Cassel in the reg season. Stanzi needs to go to the PS at best, and it would be wise to sign another vet QB.

Mr. Laz
08-22-2012, 10:50 AM
not after the gigantic sucking black hole they put out there last game.

If you suck it doesn't matter if you get hurt

L.A. Chieffan
Unless you're trying to make the team or your a rookie preseason is just a glorified scrimmage.

milkman
The Patriots are a veteran team that are completely familiar with their system.

They don't need the work that a young team with a new system needs.

That being said, the starters for the Patriots will play for most of the first half of their next preseason game, and probably into the third quater.

I could expand further, but I'm not going to waste keystrokes on a dumbass.

L.A. Chieffan
08-22-2012, 10:52 AM

That being said, the starters for the Patriots will play for most of the first half of their next preseason game, and probably into the third quater.

Cassell is our Brady. If he goes down its all over.

Ace Gunner
08-22-2012, 10:52 AM
New England has the right idea I think. Cassell is just too important to risk getting hurt. Stanzi and Quinn need more reps. This goes for the other starters too not just the QB, we DEFINITELY do NOT want a repeat of last year.

NE has that dude, uh, whatshisname... tom something. anyway, they could have taken all of TC off and kick KC's ass 10 outta 10 times.

I'm expecting the 1st team to play into the third qtr.

Setsuna
08-22-2012, 10:54 AM
No. No more Patriot Way. Stupid troll thread.

L.A. Chieffan
08-22-2012, 10:55 AM
No. No more Patriot Way. Stupid troll thread.

Pioli is the Chiefs GM

milkman
08-22-2012, 10:55 AM

I get your schtick, and while some people are impressed with your ability to maintain it for as long as you have, I just think of it as an idiot savante type thing.

L.A. Chieffan
08-22-2012, 10:56 AM
I HIGHLY doubt that Belichek will play his starters that deep next game or more than a few snaps in game 4. We've already risked too much with the amount Cassell has played so far.

L.A. Chieffan
08-22-2012, 10:57 AM
I get your schtick, and while some people are impressed with your ability to maintain it for as long as you have, I just think of it as an idiot savante type thing.

You really think we have a chance at a successful season if Cassel goes down before the season?

tooge
08-22-2012, 10:59 AM
Hate to say it, but the chiefs are not at the level of the Pats yet. Plus they are still intstalling a new offense. they need this game time.

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-22-2012, 10:59 AM
Belidick rested his starters because they have 3 games in a 10 day span.

lcarus
08-22-2012, 11:00 AM
I remember last year some people were blaming injuries on Haleys light camp and lack of preseason action. Or I'm remembering it wrong...

Garcia Bronco
It's going to take these blown ACL plaers atleast a whole season to become mentally confident in their repaired ligs..

L.A. Chieffan
Hate to say it, but the chiefs are not at the level of the Pats yet. Plus they are still intstalling a new offense. they need this game time.

Why? To see if they can take a hit? Whats the difference between "this game" and practice? Hell, they dont even run the same plays in preseason for fear of tipping other teams off.

Deberg_1990
08-22-2012, 11:01 AM
If I was in charge of a veteran team with recent success, I'd play my starters maybe a quarter or two at most in a preseason.

The benefits just are not enough to outweigh the risks IMO.
Posted via Mobile Device

King_Chief_Fan
08-22-2012, 11:03 AM
starters need more time...

lcarus
08-22-2012, 11:03 AM
How much should we expect to see our starters in game 3 of this preseason? Has Crennel or the coaching staff touched on that yet?

ShowtimeSBMVP
08-22-2012, 11:06 AM

Cassel NOT Cassell

L.A. Chieffan
08-22-2012, 11:07 AM
Cassel NOT Cassell

However you want to spell it you pronounce it, BADASS

Munson
08-22-2012, 11:08 AM
No, we shouldn't rest the #1's this week. They've got plenty of room for improvement on both sides of the ball. I expect them to play well into the 3rd quarter.

They shouldn't sit until the last preseason game. Let them play one quarter, then throw in the scrubs.

L.A. Chieffan
08-22-2012, 11:09 AM
No, we shouldn't rest the #1's this week. They've got plenty of room for improvement on both sides of the ball. I expect them to play well into the 3rd quarter.

They shouldn't sit until the last preseason game. Let them play one quarter, then throw in the scrubs.

Yeah, that whole ONE QUARTER is really going to tell them what they dont know already. :facepalm:

bevischief
08-22-2012, 11:12 AM

ROFL

Black Bob
08-22-2012, 12:26 PM
I would play them into the third quarter this week and for one quarter the last game. That should be enough. Week three is generally where the #1s play the longest.

whoman69
08-22-2012, 02:13 PM
Third game is when most teams try to get down their timing and develop stamina to get the team in playing shape. I was surprised to see most of the first team out there until the half. Probably was an attempt to get something out of them. They played horribly. This isn't the days where we could rest everyone in the 4th game because we had 15 Euro league guys on the roster who had an exemption. I would expect we will have the first team out there most of the first half and probably even to start the 2nd half. Those who are a concern injury wise will have their snaps limited. Cassel will need to develop some timing with Bowe as well.

Coogs
08-22-2012, 06:24 PM
You really think we have a chance at a successful season if Cassel goes down before the season?

Nothing against Cassel, but yes. With Cassel it all hinges on us being able to run the ball. There are a lot of other QB's who could come in and do just that. Might even have one (or two) already on our roster.

There have been a few other threads on guys like McCoy who could be available. Doubt he would be interested since he did not get along with Daboll, but hey... :shrug:

Since you asked, I am going with yes.

Sorry Laz.

tk13
08-22-2012, 06:26 PM
The weird thing is usually Belichick hasn't been afraid to play Brady for longer periods of time than most QB's in preseason.

Mr. Laz
08-22-2012, 06:30 PM
Nothing against Cassel, but yes. With Cassel it all hinges on us being able to run the ball. There are a lot of other QB's who could come in and do just that. Might even have one (or two) already on our roster.

There have been a few other threads on guys like McCoy who could be available. Doubt he would be interested since he did not get along with Daboll, but hey... :shrug:

Since you asked, I am going with yes.

Sorry Laz.
I think you misunderstand

no lovefest for Cassel from me ... he's a weakness.

just don't see why it has to be nagged about in every thread, it's tedious.

i have no problem with involving the QB into a discussion

BoneKrusher
08-22-2012, 06:32 PM
not after the gigantic sucking black hole they put out there last game.

If you suck it doesn't matter if you get hurt

we agree.

08-22-2012, 06:36 PM
rest the players when they looked as horrid as they did last week?

LMAO I don't think so.

d3c0y55
08-22-2012, 06:39 PM
Not with this young of a team and a new OC

Bowser
08-22-2012, 06:43 PM
This may be a new record of serious responses to an LA Chieffan thread. Impressive.

Coogs
08-22-2012, 06:46 PM
I think you misunderstand

no lovefest for Cassel from me ... he's a weakness.

just don't see why it has to be nagged about in every thread, it's tedious.

i have no problem with involving the QB into a discussion

I think you misunderstand too.

I do not nag on Cassel in every thread. Just because I don't think he needs to be fitted for a HOF bust does not mean I am nagging.

Look. I love the running game/ play action pass football. It is my favorite offense. I could watch us run for 150-200 yards a game every week and be pretty happy. I just want a QB who can chip in when things are not going according to plan. That's all.

I am just not convinced Cassel is that guy. Just because I have posted stats to support that belief does not have to be interpreted as bashing/bitching/nagging.

CoMoChief
08-22-2012, 06:49 PM

That team would win games with Ryan Mallett

Now that guy's a fucking QB. He's going to be a stud when Brady is done playing.

Wallcrawler
08-22-2012, 06:58 PM
You lost me at Cassel being too important.

Ive seen monkeys fling their own excrement farther, and with more accuracy than Matt Cassel.

BoneKrusher
08-22-2012, 06:59 PM
You lost me at Cassel being too important.

Ive seen monkeys fling their own excrement farther, and with more accuracy than Matt Cassel.

:clap:

L.A. Chieffan
08-22-2012, 07:10 PM
Listen, don't come crying to me when one of the vital starters goes down with a serious injury and 2012 is exactly like 2011.

BUT WEZ HAVE TO PLAY DEM! THEYZ HAV NEW COACHES DUMMIE!

08-22-2012, 07:18 PM
I seem to recall that 2 of our major injuries happened during the regular season.

L.A. Chieffan
08-22-2012, 07:20 PM
I seem to recall that 2 of our major injuries happened during the regular season.

so for it to happen in a preseason game would be even worse...

DBOSHO
08-22-2012, 07:29 PM
Did you forget how last season started?

How about we have our starters as ready as possible?

BoneKrusher
08-22-2012, 07:31 PM

this

L.A. Chieffan
08-22-2012, 07:32 PM

Of course I didnt forget thats what Ive been saying in this entire thread.

The risk/benefit ratio is just way too high, especially in Cassells case.

Bump
08-22-2012, 07:32 PM

I agree with dentist

DBOSHO
08-22-2012, 07:40 PM
Of course I didnt forget thats what Ive been saying in this entire thread.

The risk/benefit ratio is just way too high, especially in Cassells case.

So just so i understand you, you want to sit our starters for 2 weeks to avoid injury and trust that they will be ready to play a regular season game against one of the top teams in the league on paper?

This is football dude. Injuries happen. We might as well sit all of our starters till week 17 so they will be healthy for the playoffs.

08-22-2012, 08:19 PM
so for it to happen in a preseason game would be even worse...

Love your trolling.

I think we should just sit them all season to be assured none of them get hurt at all.

O.city
08-22-2012, 08:26 PM
I'd probably give them the first half this week, then tell them they are done until September 9th.

Chief Roundup
08-22-2012, 08:36 PM
Play the starters into the 3rd quarter for a couple of reasons. Stamina and half time adjustments, along with the fact that they need the time/reps with the new offense being installed.

KChiefer
08-22-2012, 08:38 PM
No. We need reps. If we had played in the last game of the year last season, that's a different story.

Shaid
08-22-2012, 08:45 PM
Blatant troll thread.

Starters almost always play into the 3rd quarter in the 3rd game, hardly any in the 4th game. Pretty standard.

Nothing to see here folks, move along.

L.A. Chieffan
08-22-2012, 08:54 PM
Blatant troll thread.

Starters almost always play into the 3rd quarter in the 3rd game, hardly any in the 4th game. Pretty standard.

Just because something is "always" done, doesn't make it right.

L.A. Chieffan
08-22-2012, 08:55 PM
Play the starters into the 3rd quarter for a couple of reasons. Stamina and half time adjustments, along with the fact that they need the time/reps with the new offense being installed.

But they're not even using the same plays they'll be using during the regular season.

SDChiefs
08-22-2012, 10:02 PM

That is the only way we have a chance at a successful season. Cassels head rolling. Bring in the fucking waterboy. He coudnt be worse than cassel.

Posted from my Droid using the toilet.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-22-2012, 10:06 PM
Screw dat Patriot Way. Need to be more like emerging "power houses" Buffalo and Cincy :)

L.A. Chieffan
08-31-2012, 12:09 AM
Blatant troll thread.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m91fbepUjR1qitp7go1_250.gif

L.A. Chieffan
08-31-2012, 12:14 AM
Listen, don't come crying to me when one of the vital starters goes down with a serious injury and 2012 is exactly like 2011.

BUT WEZ HAVE TO PLAY DEM! THEYZ HAV NEW COACHES DUMMIE!

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7gmt3YPZW1ryy772o4_r1_250.gif