PDA

View Full Version : Funny Stuff Racism is a funny thing...

KChiefer
08-22-2012, 09:12 PM
I had a Directv installer here yesterday. So, we were connecting the receivers and he says, "Who's from California? I saw that license plate in your driveway."

I say, "Oh, that's my sister's that lives in Oakland, CA."

Keeping the conversation rolling, I asked, "Have you ever been to the bay area?" FTR, the guy is Asian, with an accent. As I was asking this I had the slight thought(is this racist of me to ask???) I think because I almost asked if he WAS from Cali.

Anyways, in reply he says, "Oh yeah, I've been to Oakland. There's A LOT of black people there."

WTF?!?!?!?

Sofa King
08-22-2012, 09:16 PM
/That's racist gif.... all 20 versions of the gif

Phobia
08-22-2012, 09:18 PM
Skip Towne is Asian?

SAUTO
08-22-2012, 09:23 PM
Skip Towne is Asian?

No that's boss. He's Asian
Posted via Mobile Device

Setsuna
08-22-2012, 09:34 PM
Are you white KChiefer? If you are then I know why he said what he said. It seems Asians believe they aren't grouped together with the blacks and hispanics in terms of minorities, so they think they're in the white category instead. You see it quite a bit among blacks and hispanics. They just get along better. In turn, whites and asians also get along better. That's just how it is.

SAUTO
08-22-2012, 09:36 PM
Are you white KChiefer? If you are then I know why he said what he said. It seems Asians believe they aren't grouped together with the blacks and hispanics in terms of minorities, so they think they're in the white category instead. You see it quite a bit among blacks and hispanics. They just get along better. In turn, whites and asians also get along better. That's just how it is. reported, blatant racism.

Always trying to keep the white man down...
Posted via Mobile Device

Deberg_1990
08-22-2012, 09:36 PM
There's a lot of white people in KC

SAUTO
08-22-2012, 09:37 PM
Why we get the Asians? I'm smart enough, I want someone to do the hard work for me in my group of friends
Posted via Mobile Device

KChiefer
I'm ginger, a minority all its own.

L.A. Chieffan
Are you white KChiefer? If you are then I know why he said what he said. It seems Asians believe they aren't grouped together with the blacks and hispanics in terms of minorities, so they think they're in the white category instead. You see it quite a bit among blacks and hispanics. They just get along better. In turn, whites and asians also get along better. That's just how it is.

Setsuna... how thoughtful.

Shogun
08-22-2012, 09:38 PM

In my experiences black people for the most part hate Mexicans.

Shogun
08-22-2012, 09:38 PM
except the women

SAUTO
08-22-2012, 09:39 PM

They think Mexicans are taking something from them.

Welfare
Posted via Mobile Device

buddha
08-22-2012, 09:41 PM
There are a lot of black people in Oakland. It's not racist...it's true.

topher79
08-22-2012, 09:43 PM
People are so careful these day to NOT be racist that they perceive the most innocuous things as being racist.

Talking about race does not equal racist. It is in fact the only way to overcome it.

SAUTO
08-22-2012, 09:43 PM
People are so careful these day to NOT be racist that they perceive the most innocuous things as being racist.

Talking about race does not equal racist. It is in fact the only way to overcome it. I agree, I talk about people of color all the time
Posted via Mobile Device

Bugeater
08-22-2012, 09:46 PM
Well you would know since you're the official black person of Chiefsplanet.

Phobia
08-22-2012, 09:50 PM

Talking about race does not equal racist. It is in fact the only way to overcome it.

Agreed. I am the token white guy on a black softball team, yo. Just talk to black people like you would anybody else and drop a little bit of shit on them. They'll love you for it. When they start calling you "black man" you know you did something right.

d3c0y55

Racist ;)

Phobia
This thread is like, 12 minutes old. Setsuna been in here yet?

SAUTO
08-22-2012, 09:51 PM

In my mind he looks a lot like snoop dogg
Posted via Mobile Device

Shogun

ROFL I dont know why people think I'm black.

SAUTO
This thread is like, 12 minutes old. Setsuna been in here yet?

Yeah. Must have sneaked in past you
Posted via Mobile Device

KcMizzou
08-22-2012, 09:56 PM
In my mind he looks a lot like snoop lion
Posted via Mobile DeviceAhem, FYP.

KcMizzou
08-22-2012, 09:57 PM
ROFL I dont know why people think I'm black.It's the swag.

SAUTO
08-22-2012, 09:58 PM
Ahem, FYP.

How do you know he has afro?
Posted via Mobile Device

beach tribe
08-22-2012, 09:59 PM
That's all he said?
So he's racist for making an observation?
Sounds like some people are just way to sensitive to the subject of race.

Bugeater
08-22-2012, 10:01 PM
ROFL I dont know why people think I'm black.
I read it on the internet.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=8036922&postcount=4

Shogun is the only black member here.

Shogun
08-22-2012, 10:02 PM
I read it on the internet.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=8036922&postcount=4

Rofl I think thats the thread that got it goin

A Salt Weapon
08-22-2012, 10:02 PM

That has been my experience as well.
Posted via Mobile Device

beach tribe
08-22-2012, 10:03 PM

The racists are not actually the people that keep racism so alive and in the minds of everyone else. They are all pretty much in the middle of nowhere. It's the people who constantly pull the race card, and the ones who freaking tip toe around it and "*gasp*" at ANYTHING remotely race related.

J Diddy
08-22-2012, 10:06 PM
IMO, it's not racist to acknowledge one's race or differences in that race. The racism, to me, is the thought process of inferiority/superiority that some accompany that thought with.

Bugeater
08-22-2012, 10:07 PM
Rofl I think thats the thread that got it goin
No, it goes back to Saturday at the K.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=7495188&postcount=225

KcMizzou
08-22-2012, 10:07 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wJ4B7G8Rw3Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

beach tribe
08-22-2012, 10:08 PM
IMO, it's not racist to acknowledge one's race or differences in that race. The racism, to me, is the thought process of inferiority/superiority that some accompany that thought with.
That, or just the outright hate of another ethnic group.
Crazy how only white people are viewed as being capable of this, and some black people actually believe that it's impossible for them to be racist because they are black. They seriously believe this.

beach tribe
08-22-2012, 10:09 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OPonUwpcs4I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Shogun
08-22-2012, 10:09 PM
No, it goes back to Saturday at the K.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=7495188&postcount=225

ROFL Joey is still banned

Ceej
08-22-2012, 10:11 PM
Where my white people at??

Holllllla.

beach tribe
08-22-2012, 10:12 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/N6BrK2rPAP8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

J Diddy
08-22-2012, 10:15 PM
That, or just the outright hate of another ethnic group.
Crazy how only white people are viewed as being capable of this, and some black people actually believe that it's impossible for them to be racist because they are black. They seriously believe this.

I know this very well may come out wrong, but here it is. Keep in mind I've had black friends my whole life and I chose to evaluate a person by his/her merits not the color of their skin, but I find myself feeling incomfortable in my skin when meeting some black people because of the superiority they exhibit.

KChiefer
That's all he said?
So he's racist for making an observation?
Sounds like some people are just way to sensitive to the subject of race.

I'm not declaring him a racist, nor did I find it offensive. If you can't find the humor in this, I don't know what to tell you.

But FTR, do you think he would have said that if I myself was black?

If I asked someone if they've been to San Diego, Miami, Detroit, Indianapolis and New York and their response was Mexican, Cuban, Black, White, and Jewish, I'd think they have a strange method to sightseeing.

My response to what this guy said yesterday was, "yeah, it's really a melting pot out there. People of all races and creeds."

KcMizzou
Where my white people at??

Holllllla.Big whitey here.

For the record fried chicken, and catfish are delicious. Watermelon sucks, though.

J Diddy
08-22-2012, 10:21 PM
Big whitey here.

For the record fried chicken, and catfish are delicious. Watermelon sucks, though.

Insanity. I eat all 3 on a regular basis and is trumped only by supermodel sex (which I don't get on a regular basis)

Bugeater
08-22-2012, 10:22 PM
KcM is so white, he makes the rest of us white people feel like we're black.

KcMizzou
08-22-2012, 10:23 PM
KcM is so white, he makes the rest of us white people feel like we're black.I like to help in any way I can.

beach tribe
08-22-2012, 10:25 PM
Big whitey here.

I FN LOVE fried chicken.

beach tribe
08-22-2012, 10:27 PM
I know this very well may come out wrong, but here it is. Keep in mind I've had black friends my whole life and I chose to evaluate a person by his/her merits not the color of their skin, but I find myself feeling incomfortable in my skin when meeting some black people because of the superiority they exhibit.

I'm sorry. I don't follow.
I just really don't get what you mean.
You feel inferior?
You feel as if they treat you as if you're inferior?
You feel as if they just think they are superior?

ThaVirus
08-22-2012, 10:31 PM

Pretty much this.

But I'm not sure I'm following here. Are you saying that they exude a sense of superiority, as in they come off as, like, super confident in your eyes? Or that they seem to have the demeanor that they are somehow better than you?

CHENZ A!
Big whitey here.

Same. also, I'm a fantastic dancer.

J Diddy
You feel inferior?

I feel as if they treat me as I'm inferior.

CHENZ A!
08-22-2012, 10:32 PM

I say fuck ANYBODY who acts like that.

Lumpy
08-22-2012, 10:34 PM
Heh. We had a cleanser salesman show up at our door a few months back. He was black, funny as shit, but he kept making race jokes. He sprayed the solution that he was trying to sell us on his arm and said, "see, this stuff won't even turn me a Michael Jackson white". I replied with, "well, I'm sure he's whiter now". The guy damn near lost it.

A little while later, Gonzo was talking to the guy and our exterior light came on. The guy jumped and said, "damn, what the hell triggered that to come on". Gonzo said, "the light activates whenever there's a minority on our porch trying to sell us crap". Again, the guy was in tears, laughing his off.

We ended up buying 2 bottles of the cleaning solution from the guy.

KcMizzou
I feel as if they treat me as I'm inferior.Maybe they're just dicks.

J Diddy
I say **** ANYBODY who acts like that.

That's how I feel as well, however, it's a walk on egg shells.

J Diddy
08-22-2012, 10:36 PM
Maybe they're just dicks.

Which is quite possible, like I said, I have a ton of black friends who don't act like fuckheads. The problem isn't even that they are acting like fuckheads, it's how they act like fuckheads.

BIG_DADDY
08-22-2012, 10:37 PM
You feel inferior?

I am totally with you on that one.

BIG_DADDY
08-22-2012, 10:37 PM

Are you Chinese?

BigMeatballDave
08-22-2012, 10:38 PM

Uh. You may be required to post a pic of you flexing with a Chiefs cap on just so we know you're not billay.

Its a credibility thing...

ThaVirus
08-22-2012, 10:39 PM

That's been my experience with the majority of the Indian people I've encountered in my life. Not sure if I've just met all the douchey ones or what...

KcMizzou
08-22-2012, 10:40 PM
I'm ginger, a minority all its own.I hear your people have no souls. True or false?

KChiefer
08-22-2012, 10:41 PM
Heh. We had a cleanser salesman show up at our door a few months back. He was black, funny as shit, but he kept making race jokes. He sprayed the solution that he was trying to sell us on his arm and said, "see, this stuff won't even turn me a Michael Jackson white". I replied with, "well, I'm sure he's whiter now". The guy damn near lost it.

A little while later, Gonzo was talking to the guy and our exterior light came on. The guy jumped and said, "damn, what the hell triggered that to come on". Gonzo said, "the light activates whenever there's a minority on our porch trying to sell us crap". Again, the guy was in tears, laughing his off.

Reminds me of this youtube that was posted here a while back.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vBlF-p3YMw4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KcMizzou
08-22-2012, 10:43 PM
Reminds me of this youtube that was posted here a while back.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vBlF-p3YMw4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>I remember that. I'd pay the dude just for the entertainment value.

Phobia
08-22-2012, 10:44 PM

You fell for this?
http://youtu.be/vBlF-p3YMw4

KcMizzou
08-22-2012, 10:45 PM
You fell for this?
http://youtu.be/vBlF-p3YMw4That's a very kind way of calling bullshit.

SPchief
08-22-2012, 10:46 PM
Big whitey here.

If you haven't had lutfi's, you haven't had good catfish

SPchief
08-22-2012, 10:48 PM

Suckers

Ceej
08-22-2012, 10:48 PM
I love fred chicken and watermelon.

Hate catfish.

But I do love me some Family Matters and Fresh Prince, yo.

listopencil
08-22-2012, 10:54 PM

That's bullshit. I want to be the official black person of Chiefs Planet. I'm not black, but it would be cool.

KChiefer
08-22-2012, 10:54 PM
I hear your people have no souls. True or false?

My body will have three until the day I get caught in a bear trap, die, or start rooting for the donks. If it's gotta happen I'm praying for the 1st two.

KcMizzou
08-22-2012, 10:57 PM
My body will have three until the day I get caught in a bear trap, die, or start rooting for the donks. If it's gotta happen I'm praying for the 1st two.Thanks. South Park didn't explain that.

Lumpy
08-22-2012, 10:58 PM
You fell for this?
http://youtu.be/vBlF-p3YMw4

Suckers

Yeah. We fell for it. LMAO

Truth be told, that stuff actually does work well! It's called Advanage 20X. It was a bit pricey, but hey, we didn't mind paying for great entertainment, too. The guy definitely earned his commission that night.

Bugeater
08-22-2012, 10:58 PM
That's bullshit. I want to be the official black person of Chiefs Planet. I'm not black, but it would be cool.
Well it's not like Shogun is embracing the role, nor is he actually black either, so I guess the title is yours if you want it. Enjoy.

SPchief
08-22-2012, 11:11 PM
Yeah. We fell for it. LMAO

Truth be told, that stuff actually does work well! It's called Advanage 20X. It was a bit pricey, but hey, we didn't mind paying for great entertainment, too. The guy definitely earned his commission that night.

Have I ever told you about some great knives you can own?

KChiefer
08-22-2012, 11:19 PM
Thanks. South Park didn't explain that.

I understand your confusion. Those kids are from CO though. If you are born within proximity of pile-high, you are devoid of soul. That whole episode was just Cartman deflecting his own ugly truth.

Lumpy
08-22-2012, 11:21 PM
Have I ever told you about some great knives you can own?

Sorry. We don't buy knives from white folks.

BIG_DADDY
08-22-2012, 11:25 PM
Sorry. We don't buy knives from white folks.

Yea you do, knives, guns and weed if you want the good stuff.

Lumpy
08-22-2012, 11:31 PM
Yea you do, knives, guns and weed if you want the good stuff.

STFU

Psst... I figured the other guy was the fuzz. Got any heavy stuff?

Chiefshrink
08-22-2012, 11:36 PM
There are a lot of black people in Oakland. It's not racist...it's true.

This !

This is how bad political correctness has become in our country when you can't even use your 1st Amendment rights to make an observation:rolleyes:

SPchief
08-22-2012, 11:42 PM
This !

This is how bad political correctness has become in our country when you can't even use your 1st Amendment rights to make an observation:rolleyes:

:spock:

guns rule

Phobia
08-22-2012, 11:48 PM
anybody want a free carpet cleaning?

KChiefer
08-22-2012, 11:53 PM
This !

When I talk about my visit to Mexico, I always start it with my observation of there being a lot of Mexicans there. I wouldn't want to look stupid or anything.

I have also observed that you use the eye-roll smiley liberally.

BIG_DADDY
08-22-2012, 11:55 PM
anybody want a free carpet cleaning?

Can you drive to Oregon or California?

Setsuna
08-23-2012, 12:04 AM
reported, blatant racism.

Always trying to keep the white man down...
Posted via Mobile Device
I do try sir, I try.

You do know all hispanics are not Mexican right?

Oh and screw all you people, mainly Phil for calling me out. Yeah I posted in this thread. And? I ain't scared of no rope. Bring it, I can outrun you.

And btw. White people call me white all the time. :)

Bump
08-23-2012, 12:07 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TG4f9zR5yzY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

listopencil
08-23-2012, 12:09 AM
Well it's not like Shogun is embracing the role, nor is he actually black either, so I guess the title is yours if you want it. Enjoy.

Sweet. I am the official black person of Chiefs Planet. Feels good. Feels right.

Setsuna
08-23-2012, 12:17 AM
Sweet. I am the official black person of Chiefs Planet. Feels good. Feels right.

WTF is this? GTFO. That's me negro.

listopencil
08-23-2012, 12:18 AM
WTF is this? GTFO. That's me negro.

Too late. It's mine.

Setsuna
08-23-2012, 12:25 AM
Too late. It's mine.

:# :banghead: :cuss: :deevee: :harumph: %(/nlmrochambeau:bang::lame:

listopencil
08-23-2012, 12:31 AM
:# :banghead: :cuss: :deevee: :harumph: %(/nlmrochambeau:bang::lame:

If you post a poll and win, I will graciously vacate the throne, and you may have the title of official black person of Chiefs Planet. Say a 48 or 72 hour timed poll?

listopencil
08-23-2012, 12:55 AM
What? You're not going to say, "That's mighty white of you"? You bastard. I set you up perfectly.

Setsuna
08-23-2012, 12:57 AM
What? You're not going to say, "That's mighty white of you"? You bastard. I set you up perfectly.

I would never stoop to your level and throw out racist innuendo. I will choose the high road and white knight.

listopencil
08-23-2012, 01:04 AM
I would never stoop to your level and throw out racist innuendo. I will choose the high road and white knight.

Then it's the black knight for me. I win.

Phobia
08-23-2012, 01:08 AM
Can you drive to Oregon or California?

If I can sell a $500 vacuum for $3500, I'll drive most anywhere.

TLO
08-23-2012, 02:05 AM

He's our Token

http://dladd2.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/token1.jpg

kcxiv
08-23-2012, 03:34 AM
I had a Directv installer here yesterday. So, we were connecting the receivers and he says, "Who's from California? I saw that license plate in your driveway."

Keeping the conversation rolling, I asked, "Have you ever been to the bay area?" FTR, the guy is Asian, with an accent. As I was asking this I had the slight thought(is this racist of me to ask???) I think because I almost asked if he WAS from Cali.

Anyways, in reply he says, "Oh yeah, I've been to Oakland. There's A LOT of black people there."

WTF?!?!?!?He's not lying and thats not racist, its just stating a fact. lol

kcxiv
08-23-2012, 03:36 AM

Not in Nor Cal. Its a huge respect thing that goes all the way into the prison system. They will for the most part mind their own business, but there are alot of browns that will hang out with black n vice versa. Especailly in the Bay

BigMeatballDave
08-23-2012, 04:18 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TG4f9zR5yzY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LMAO

OMG That bit will always be funny.

KChiefer
08-23-2012, 05:14 AM
He's not lying and thats not racist, its just stating a fact. lol

Again.

Are there many black people in Oakland? Yes.
There are more white people in Oakland. Why didn't he say that instead?
http://www.bayareacensus.ca.gov/cities/Oakland.htm

I'm not saying the guy is a bigot, but if we had been talking about Chicago and he said that, again I'd be wondering, "So WTF is the point your making?"

Maybe I should have titled this, "Stating obvious race demographics is a funny thing." (Mods if you feel so inclined, please do.)

When I think of Oakland, I think of great weather, not "holy cow, so many black people!"

WhiteWhale
08-23-2012, 05:32 AM
This !

Nobody's first amendment right was infringed on.

WhiteWhale
08-23-2012, 05:35 AM
I do try sir, I try.

You do know all hispanics are not Mexican right?

Oh and screw all you people, mainly Phil for calling me out. Yeah I posted in this thread. And? I ain't scared of no rope. Bring it, I can outrun you.

And btw. White people call me white all the time. :)

Hispanics aren't mexicans, but mexicans are hispanics.

Mexican is a nationality. Hispanic is a culture.

Hispanic = not a race of people

jspchief
08-23-2012, 05:40 AM

Congrats on Billay I guess.

JD10367
08-23-2012, 06:41 AM
The Asian installer is just jealous of black people because they have bigger coax cables than Asians.

tooge
08-23-2012, 07:05 AM
you should have said "yeah, and if you hop across the bay, it's infested with asians"

KChiefer
08-23-2012, 07:50 AM
you should have said "yeah, and if you hop across the bay, it's infested with asians"

and complete the installation by myself with a chopstick in my eye? No thanks.

rad
08-23-2012, 07:53 AM
I thought wutamess was the CP black dude?

rad
08-23-2012, 07:54 AM
Insanity. I eat all 3 on a regular basis and is trumped only by supermodel sex (which I don't get on a regular basis)

Ummmm OK, so where does bacon fall in here for you, you communist?

Fire Me Boy!
08-23-2012, 03:24 PM

Unless you're a hot female ginger, STFU.

If you are a hot female ginger, there's a picture thread I think you'd enjoy... and how you doin'?</joey>

CoMoChief
08-23-2012, 03:36 PM
It's not racist unless a white person says it

MahiMike
08-23-2012, 03:50 PM

and vice-versa. Everytime I try to rent a house to my Mexican friends, they say "too many blacks, no bueno".

TEX
08-23-2012, 04:14 PM

WTF?!?!?!?

Well, he was telling the truth...There's A LOT of black people there. There are also A LOT of black people in Harlem. There are also A LOT of white people in Wyoming...Is that racist? If so - I'm racist I guess.

Wait - am I racist for saying "black" people? Should I have said "African American" people instead? By the same token, am I racest for saying "white" people? Should I have said "caucasian" instead?

The whole PC deal is so old.

MahiMike
08-23-2012, 04:28 PM
Well, he was telling the truth...There's A LOT of black people there. There are also A LOT of black people in Harlem. There are also A LOT of white people in Wyoming...Is that racist? If so - I'm racist I guess.

Wait - am I racist for saying "black" people? Should I have said "African American" people instead? By the same token, am I racest for saying "white" people? Should I have said "caucasian" instead?

The whole PC deal is so old.

Your font is racist. Should be a turquoise color.