PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Team is having some trouble pinpointing exactly what is giving Flowers

ShowtimeSBMVP
08-26-2012, 11:04 AM
By Eric Edholm

Chiefs head coach Romeo Crennel said back on July 31 he thought CB Brandon Flowers would be back “soon” from a left heel injury he suffered in a practice that night. More than three weeks later, Flowers remains out.

Few know why, and no one is saying.

Crennel repeatedly has given updates on Flowers’ status while emphasizing how much the team needs him back on the field. With Week One very much closing in and the Chiefs’ secondary already down a starter (FS Kendrick Lewis, who could miss the opener against the Falcons because of a shoulder injury), there is legitimate concern.

One source told PFW this week that the team is having some trouble pinpointing exactly what is giving Flowers continued problems and why he hasn’t healed faster. Flowers, who has been seen in a walking boot, is the Chiefs’ best cover man, with the team having lost Brandon Carr to Dallas in offseason free agency.

The additional uncertainty could lead to the team keeping 10 or 11 defensive backs for the opening 53-man roster. The locks (or virtual locks) to make it are Flowers, Stanford Routt, Jalil Brown and Javier Arenas. Other corners on the depth chart now, all of whom are fighting for spots, include fifth-rounder DeQuan Menzie, Jacques Reeves, Chandler Fenner, Neiko Thorpe and Mikail Baker. Adding a corner released from another team’s roster is a solid possibility, too.

If the team is without OLB Tamba Hali (suspension) and Flowers and Lewis in Week One against the Falcons, it could be a tough chore stopping Matt Ryan and Co.

SAUTO
08-26-2012, 11:06 AM
We shore r skrewd.
Posted via Mobile Device

A Salt Weapon
08-26-2012, 11:24 AM
This sucks as we need Flowers back there. Really wish Carr liked our team and wanted to stay.
Posted via Mobile Device

mcaj22
08-26-2012, 11:28 AM
my question is what is wrong or what are they doing with Travis Daniels? That article in the OP doesnt even have him listed as a lock or competition at CB!

is he still hurt too? Why is he not a lock? Surely he's our best outside cover depth compared to the rest of those turds. Stop trying to experiment with him at FS and put him back at ****ing CB where we need him most.

Marcellus
08-26-2012, 11:29 AM
my question is what is wrong or what are they doing with Travis Daniels? That article in the OP doesnt even have him listed as a lock or competition at CB!

is he still hurt too? Why is he not a lock? Surely he's our best outside cover depth compared to the rest of those turds. Stop trying to experiment with him at FS and put him back at ****ing CB where we need him most.

How do you know what they are planning?

O.city
08-26-2012, 11:30 AM
Bet Flowers stays in a boot this week, then starts practicing next week.

Daniels is back, dunno why he isn't in that listing.

mcaj22
08-26-2012, 11:31 AM
How do you know what they are planning?

I dont. But the fact that Daniels is not listed and they have been experimenting with him at FS makes me wonder why they dont throw him back at CB.

beach tribe
08-26-2012, 11:32 AM

I've been wondering about him a lot too. We really need him on the field whether it be a FS or corner. He's our best option outside of our starters...if he's healthy of course. I haven't heard shit about him. Did I miss something? Where is he??

O.city
08-26-2012, 11:33 AM
Daniels had a groin problem, word is he's back healthy but they are easing him back in.

Marcellus
08-26-2012, 11:33 AM
I dont. But the fact that Daniels is not listed and they have been experimenting with him at FS makes me wonder why they dont throw him back at CB.

I would imagine the guy who wrote the article just whiffed on using Daniels as a CB.

O.city
08-26-2012, 11:35 AM
I really wish they would put Menzie back at Safety.

beach tribe
08-26-2012, 11:35 AM
Daniels had a groin problem, word is he's back healthy but they are easing him back in.

Thanks. Hope he's good to go. Have always thought he's a pretty solid player.

MahiMike
08-26-2012, 11:37 AM
man even our training staff is clueless.

scho63
08-26-2012, 11:55 AM
All these injuries are putting too much pressure on Berry

O.city
08-26-2012, 11:55 AM
Also, I expect Lewis to be back by week 1. Although, I'm not sure Elam is such a downgrade.