PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Would you be upset if Quinn were named starter?

Pages : [1] 2

qabbaan
08-26-2012, 04:11 PM
What would we really be losing?

In Quinn and Cassel, we seem to have two QB who don't deserve to be starting QBs in the NFL. But with Cassel, we've been watching this movie for a few years now. Outside of spurts of serviceability, we know what Cassel is on this team and in this offense.

Quinn is probably of similar ability to Cassel and is not a known quantity on this team and in this offense, with some decent weapons. It's not that I think Quinn is any good, he's yet to prove that at the NFL level. It's just that he seems to at least be a question mark. Cassel we know isn't good enough to be the franchise QB.

I realize Pioli and Co. still believe Cassel should be the answer, but would we really be hurting ourselves if Quinn were the guy out of the gate?

I think this is probably just so much deck chair shuffling, but what do you think?

lcarus
08-26-2012, 04:12 PM
I wouldn't be upset but I wouldn't be happy. At all.

IratePrimate
08-26-2012, 04:13 PM
As much as everyone here hates Cassel............ All reports are that he is miles ahead of our other QB's. So no i do not want Quin to start for us.

Setsuna
Delete this thread.

As much as everyone here hates Cassel............ All reports are that he is miles ahead of our other QB's. So no i do not want Quin to start for us.
The same reports that said he has really improved? Yeah. Grain of salt dude. Pay attention.

J Diddy
I think I'll live in reality today.

Baby Lee
08-26-2012, 04:17 PM
Are you talking about Brady Quinn, b/c he stands as much of a chance as Harley Quinn Smith or Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman at being named starting QB of the Chiefs.

BoneKrusher
08-26-2012, 04:17 PM
Bring him on Matt's peaked already.

IratePrimate
08-26-2012, 04:18 PM
Delete this thread.

The same reports that said he has really improved? Yeah. Grain of salt dude. Pay attention.

From my own eye's in preseason he has played miles ahead of the others too ;)

By no means am i saying he is awesome......... I'm just saying Quin and Stanzi suck

DTLB58
08-26-2012, 04:18 PM
That would mean Hell would have frozen over, or Pioli was out of KC.

Either way, fine with me cause I don't care for the heat or Scott. :D

qabbaan
08-26-2012, 04:19 PM
I will add that I don't think it will be too many weeks before people will be calling for a change based on that hideous interception in the last game, where he was trying to force the ball in to Boss. That is the kind of thing a rookie does. He isn't going to figure it out all of a sudden, we are past that point.

DTLB58
08-26-2012, 04:19 PM
Bring him on Matt's peaked already.

Quote of the day! :clap:

Titty Meat
08-26-2012, 04:20 PM
This thread is stupid

Deberg_1990
08-26-2012, 04:20 PM
Are you talking about Brady Quinn, b/c he stands as much of a chance as Harley Quinn Smith or Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman at being named starting QB of the Chiefs.

Former Royal Mark Quinn might have a better shot at starter than Brady Quinn.

qabbaan
08-26-2012, 04:22 PM
This thread is stupid

I would present my rebuttal, but I'm afraid you'll start stalking me.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-26-2012, 04:24 PM
No. If Cassel isn't getting it done you have to throw the backup in and see what he can do.

bricks
08-26-2012, 04:28 PM
Chiefs need to trade for Matt Moore.

If they want to contend this year and need a QB fast, he's their best option.

Yes I would be upset if Quinn was named starter because we're still stuck with dogshit at QB. What difference does it make? You replace shit with shit. Maybe, the quality of the shit improves slightly but not by much.

At least with Matt Moore you get a solid starter with some experience and a guy who knows the system pretty well. And he could be available? Dolphins might not have room to keep him? We all know Tannehill is #1 there backed up by Garrard and heck even the practice squad QB is ahead of Matt for some reason? Don't know.

*What would Matt Moore cost? A late round pick? I'd give up a late rounder for him. Heck why not? Nothing to lose there and a possible gain. They should go for it.

Frankie
08-26-2012, 04:30 PM
Delete this thread.

And ban qabbaan.

BoneKrusher
08-26-2012, 04:32 PM

i like this thought as well.

Frankie
08-26-2012, 04:32 PM

Or Anthony Quinn.

Frankie
08-26-2012, 04:33 PM

Quinn for Moore. I'm on board.

crazycoffey
08-26-2012, 04:35 PM
nope, not at all. I like Brady over Matt in fact.

qabbaan
08-26-2012, 04:36 PM
And ban qabbaan.

From the person who is the message forum equivalent of dysenteric diarrhea, I take this as a compliment!

Frankie
08-26-2012, 04:39 PM
From the person who is the message forum equivalent of dysenteric diarrhea, I take this as a compliment!

For a person who gleefully jumps feet first into bogus circle jerks you have a really thin skin. Dumbass!

:facepalm:

crazycoffey
08-26-2012, 04:39 PM
generic TP goes to war on dysenteric diarrhea

qabbaan
08-26-2012, 04:40 PM

I think acquiring Moore could be a nice move, but I don't see us doing it.

I think the front office are fine with trying to paddle with one oar this year re: the QB situation. They probably think Cassel is fine but if he isn't we are screwed anyway, so why bet heavier on a season that will be lost if Cassel can't hold it together.

I'm afraid Stanzi would be the odd man out if we brought Moore in anyway. He doesn't seem to have done anything to impress anyone so far.

chiefzilla1501
08-26-2012, 04:40 PM
If this were a true football setting, the answer is clearly "no." In an ideal scenario, to start game 1, it should be Cassel because he's miles ahead of anyone else right now. By game 5 or at least at the halfway point in the season, it should no longer be about that. I don't care if the Chiefs are 2-6 or 4-4 or 6-2. If Matt Cassel is not a guy who looks like he can one day lead you to a Super Bowl (and I'm not talking about a Rex Grossman scenario where a million lucky bounces fall your way) then every minute Cassel plays is an absolute waste of our time. I don't want to lay up and win a few meaningless wins and learn NOTHING about the quarterback position. If Cassel isn't the answer, let's at least test Quinn and Stanzi out to prove whether (with a little game experience) they can at least flash some potential.

As far as I'm concerned, if this team does not go deep into the playoffs and Cassel was the starter all season long, then we completely wasted a whole season when we could have been less conservative and tried new things at a position that... is kind of important in the NFL.

But this isn't a true football setting. Let's be honest, Pioli is not looking at Cassel critically. He is begging for Cassel to redeem himself and will go to great lengths to create excitement over his mediocre play. It will take an act of God for Cassel not to start. And so, I hate to endorse Cassel as the starter because I just know that's only going to feed Pioli's stubborn decision to keep Cassel as the QB of the future for the very distant future.

qabbaan
08-26-2012, 04:41 PM
For a person who gleefully jumps feet first into bogus circle jerks you have a really thin skin. Dumbass!

:facepalm:

Shouldn't you be off eating fleas or something?

Chiefs Pantalones
08-26-2012, 04:42 PM

I actually thought this was gonna go down when we hired Daboll. I thought Moore was gonna be the "competition" for Cassel.

You could argue that if Pioli wasn't attached at the hip to Cassel that Daboll would've wanted Moore in here as his starter instead of Cassel.

DeezNutz
08-26-2012, 04:44 PM
If this were a true football setting, the answer is clearly "no." In an ideal scenario, to start game 1, it should be Cassel because he's miles ahead of anyone else right now. By game 5 or at least at the halfway point in the season, it should no longer be about that. I don't care if the Chiefs are 2-6 or 4-4 or 6-2. If Matt Cassel is not a guy who looks like he can one day lead you to a Super Bowl (and I'm not talking about a Rex Grossman scenario where a million lucky bounces fall your way) then every minute Cassel plays is an absolute waste of our time. I don't want to lay up and win a few meaningless wins and learn NOTHING about the quarterback position. If Cassel isn't the answer, let's at least test Quinn and Stanzi out to prove whether (with a little game experience) they can at least flash some potential.

As far as I'm concerned, if this team does not go deep into the playoffs and Cassel was the starter all season long, then we completely wasted a whole season when we could have been less conservative and tried new things at a position that... is kind of important in the NFL.

But this isn't a true football setting. Let's be honest, Pioli is not looking at Cassel critically. He is begging for Cassel to redeem himself and will go to great lengths to create excitement over his mediocre play. It will take an act of God for Cassel not to start. And so, I hate to endorse Cassel as the starter because I just know that's only going to feed Pioli's stubborn decision to keep Cassel as the QB of the future for the very distant future.

This season will be a complete waste. No QB and thus no chance at a SB run. None.

It was poetic justice that in Friday's game, Pioli, after heaping a shit ton of praise upon his son, was forced to be on live when Cassel's lack of presence in the pocket led to a turnover.

Not sure what causes our GM to cling to mediocrity like a life-preserver.

Molitoth
08-26-2012, 04:44 PM

/thread

Frankie
08-26-2012, 04:47 PM
Shouldn't you be off eating fleas or something?

Like I said. You are a thin skinned bully wannabe when in the company of other CP cavemen. You like to dish out but you can't receive. Even if it's a lighthearted jab. What a bitch!

BoneKrusher
08-26-2012, 04:48 PM
You could argue that if Pioli wasn't attached at the hip to Cassel that Daboll would've wanted Moore in here as his starter instead of Cassel.

yep.
he's way better than Cassel.

Tribal Warfare
08-26-2012, 04:51 PM
In short no, because if he fails selecting a 1st round QB prospect in the 2013 Draft will be very likely.

Frankie
08-26-2012, 04:51 PM
But this isn't a true football setting. Let's be honest, Pioli is not looking at Cassel critically. He is begging for Cassel to redeem himself and will go to great lengths to create excitement over his mediocre play.

It was quite ironic that Pioli had just finished praising Cassel's play in the broadcast booth when Matty shat his pants with a pick 6.

qabbaan
08-26-2012, 04:52 PM
Like I said. You are a thin skinned bully wannabe when in the company of other CP cavemen. You like to dish out but you can't receive. Even if it's a lighthearted jab. What a bitch!

You started it, by dropping into a football thread and starting down your usual "I'm smarter than everyone" track. We are all familiar with how great you think you are, and how you try to make every thread you post in about yourself.

FlaChief58
08-26-2012, 04:52 PM
Replacing a bad career backup QB with another bad backup QB doesn't sound like a recipe for sucess

DaFace
08-26-2012, 04:53 PM
This thread is stupid

This.

Frankie
08-26-2012, 04:54 PM
You started it, by dropping into a football thread and starting down your usual "I'm smarter than everyone" track. We are all familiar with how great you think you are, and how you try to make every thread you post in about yourself.

Paranoid much?!

I thought Tom Cash and FC58 were the only posters here hearing voices in their heads. LMAO

qabbaan
08-26-2012, 04:58 PM
Replacing a bad career backup QB with another bad backup QB doesn't sound like a recipe for sucess

I don't mean that Quinn is good. Just that Cassel quarterbacking this team is a known quantity. You can tell the players don't respect him. He has had plenty of time.

Quinn is probably no better, but we haven't seen what he can do with a decent roster around him. The talent on this offense is better than anything he had in Cleveland. Who knows? Can we say it's more likely for Cassel to duplicate 2010 Cassel than Quinn?

All I am saying is, it's frustrating and we don't seem to have anything to lose by trying something new.

chiefzilla1501
08-26-2012, 04:58 PM

At least with two of our QBs, there is some element of unknown. Especially with Stanzi, you have no idea if he couldn't improve with some in-game experience (practice is no replacement for in-game experience). Even Quinn has some element of unknown.

Cassel has had 4 full seasons and I haven't seen any appreciable improvement in the parts of his game that matter. There is very little unknown here.

Two of our QBs are longshots. Our starting QB is a guarantee in mediocrity.

mr. tegu
08-26-2012, 04:59 PM
I cannot help but to laugh at all you people wanting Matt Moore to come here and start. As a backup? Fine. But to somehow suggest he is ahead of Cassel or is a "solid starter" as bricks suggested, is just stupid. The stats favor Cassel in almost every single category, and that isn't saying much. In his best season he threw 16 TDs, 9 INTS, 60% completion, and was sacked 36 times for 9.4%. Even Cassel has never reached that level of holding the ball too long. Just because he is on another team and is not named Cassel, it doesn't mean he is better.

crazycoffey
08-26-2012, 05:00 PM

Paranoid much?!

I thought Tom Cash and FC58 were the only posters here hearing voices in their heads. LMAO

like I said;
generic TP goes to war on dysenteric diarrhea

It's getting messy, hard to tell who is actually winning....

mr. tegu
yep.

LMAO

Link?

Joe Seahawk
Brady Quinn. Medicine Woman

crazycoffey
08-26-2012, 05:01 PM
LMAO

Link?

I agree just from wtching them play

Frankie
08-26-2012, 05:02 PM
All I am saying is, it's frustrating and we don't seem to have anything to lose by trying something new.

If we're frustrated we let our only QB with still a possible upside play and take our hits with that decision. Cassel won't be any better and Quinn is a PROVEN loser. No upside on either one.

mr. tegu
08-26-2012, 05:02 PM
I agree just from wtching them play

So nothing to back it up other than he wears a different uniform?

DeezNutz
08-26-2012, 05:03 PM
If we're frustrated we let our only QB with still a possible upside play and take our hits with that decision. Cassel won't be any better and Quinn is a PROVEN loser. No upside on either one.

Just because a player hasn't seen a lot of action doesn't necessarily mean that he has legit upside.

Frankie
08-26-2012, 05:05 PM
It's getting messy, hard to tell who is actually winning....

Did you say "winning?" That would be qabbaan, aka Charlie Sheen.

Frankie
08-26-2012, 05:06 PM
Just because a player hasn't seen a lot of action doesn't necessarily mean that he has legit upside.

True. But he still MAY have an upside. Cassel and Quinn have proven that they don't. Also don't forget I mentioned this in the context of 'frustration.'

crazycoffey
08-26-2012, 05:08 PM
So nothing to back it up other than he wears a different uniform?

no, I think quinn plays better

chiefzilla1501
08-26-2012, 05:11 PM
I cannot help but to laugh at all you people wanting Matt Moore to come here and start. As a backup? Fine. But to somehow suggest he is ahead of Cassel or is a "solid starter" as bricks suggested, is just stupid. The stats favor Cassel in almost every single category, and that isn't saying much. In his best season he threw 16 TDs, 9 INTS, 60% completion, and was sacked 36 times for 9.4%. Even Cassel has never reached that level of holding the ball too long. Just because he is on another team and is not named Cassel, it doesn't mean he is better.

What are you talking about? Cassel was on pace to get well over 40 sacks last season, which would have been his third 40+ sack season.

He took 47 sacks behind a New England offensive line that typically only creates about 20 sacks a season for Brady. And he averaged over 2 sacks a game while Kyle Orton averaged about 1/3 a sack per game.

Matt Moore played his games against the AFC East (twice) and the NFC East while Cassel had one of the top 5 easiest schedules in the league. Cassel played against defenses loading 8 guys in a box to stop Jamaal Charles; Moore played in a largely pass-oriented offense. Cassel played in a run-run-pass, conservative "don't make a mistake" scheme; Moore played a fairly aggressive offense.

I don't know if Moore is the answer. But he's flashed enough to be worth a shot, whereas Cassel is definitively not the answer.

mr. tegu
08-26-2012, 05:12 PM
no, I think quinn plays better

Oh I thought since you responded to my response which was about Moore, that's who you were referring to.

Deberg_1990
08-26-2012, 05:15 PM

If they want to contend this year and need a QB fast, he's their best option.

Yes I would be upset if Quinn was named starter because we're still stuck with dogshit at QB. What difference does it make? You replace shit with shit. Maybe, the quality of the shit improves slightly but not by much.

At least with Matt Moore you get a solid starter with some experience and a guy who knows the system pretty well. And he could be available? Dolphins might not have room to keep him? We all know Tannehill is #1 there backed up by Garrard and heck even the practice squad QB is ahead of Matt for some reason? Don't know.

*What would Matt Moore cost? A late round pick? I'd give up a late rounder for him. Heck why not? Nothing to lose there and a possible gain. They should go for it.

Quinn for Moore. I'm on board.

I think the front office are fine with trying to paddle with one oar this year re: the QB situation. They probably think Cassel is fine but if he isn't we are screwed anyway, so why bet heavier on a season that will be lost if Cassel can't hold it together.

I'm afraid Stanzi would be the odd man out if we brought Moore in anyway. He doesn't seem to have done anything to impress anyone so far.

yep.

What are you talking about? Cassel was on pace to get well over 40 sacks last season, which would have been his third 40+ sack season.

He took 47 sacks behind a New England offensive line that typically only creates about 20 sacks a season for Brady. And he averaged over 2 sacks a game while Kyle Orton averaged about 1/3 a sack per game.

Matt Moore played his games against the AFC East (twice) and the NFC East while Cassel had one of the top 5 easiest schedules in the league. Cassel played against defenses loading 8 guys in a box to stop Jamaal Charles; Moore played in a largely pass-oriented offense. Cassel played in a run-run-pass, conservative "don't make a mistake" scheme; Moore played a fairly aggressive offense.

I don't know if Moore is the answer. But he's flashed enough to be worth a shot, whereas Cassel is definitively not the answer.

ROFL at all the stupid in this thread.

chiefzilla1501
08-26-2012, 05:16 PM

Where's the stupid? Nobody's saying Moore is the answer. But he's better than Cassel and at least has flashed upside.

I would love to make a move for Moore for a late round pick, then draft a QB in the first round next season.

bricks
08-26-2012, 05:16 PM

Cassel is the starter and I understand that they have faith in the guy and are trying to give him as many opportunities possible to succeed. And that's fine.

But no question, picking up a guy like Matt Moore would be the "right" move.

They're absolutely taking a big risk by place all their chips into one guy who is questionable. To me, that is betting heavy without a backup plan. At least Moore improves the depth at the position and gives them more security/stability. Thats somethig they should consider because they are not going to that from Stanzi or Quinn. Moore played in Dabolls system before, and knows it well. In Moore you have a guy who will at the worst play up to Cassels level and on good days he can play waay better. If Cassel goes down, he could come in and give them good quality starts.

Without any depth, they're ****ed. Because these guys we have now are just dogshit. This is not competition. Pioli preaches this bullshit all the time but yet fails to bring in competitors at the QB position. I just dont get it?

crazycoffey
08-26-2012, 05:17 PM
Oh I thought since you responded to my response which was about Moore, that's who you were referring to.

I'm sorry, hard to see through all the shit stained recycled paper, I thought BK said he liked quinn. my fault

TRR
08-26-2012, 05:17 PM
True. But he still MAY have an upside. Cassel and Quinn have proven that they don't. Also don't forget I mentioned this in the context of 'frustration.'

LOL! Absolutely....Those 12-13 games Quinn has started in the NFL have definitely guaranteed that he has NO upside period. We should just let Tanney start this year because he has some "upside"....whatever the fuck that is defined as.
Posted via Mobile Device

Deberg_1990
08-26-2012, 05:18 PM
Where's the stupid? Nobody's saying Moore is the answer. But he's better than Cassel and at least has flashed upside.

I would love to make a move for Moore for a late round pick, then draft a QB in the first round next season.

What has Moore ever done? What big games has he won? He's no better than Cassel in the grand scheme of things.

Setsuna
08-26-2012, 05:18 PM

You're the worst homer on this board. Keep laughing...at yourself.

The Franchise
08-26-2012, 05:19 PM
Hell no I wouldn't be upset.

Coogs
08-26-2012, 05:20 PM
Hell, I just hope Quinn gets some reps with the #1's in practice this week if he is named the backup. Then we may actually have a competition... albiet behind the sceans in practice.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-26-2012, 05:22 PM
I don't think it matters until we draft our own or get a lot better QB in here. A high school QB could do the things that Cassel is asked to do right now in this offense.

chiefzilla1501
08-26-2012, 05:22 PM
What has Moore ever done? What big games has he won? He's no better than Cassel in the grand scheme of things.

Moore has proven in limited playing time to be a better option than Cassel, which is less a promotion for Moore, and more of an indictment on Cassel. And he has less playing time, leading you to believe he has upside where Cassel does not.

Again, he is not a guy you want to bank your future on. But he at least gives you an option worth trying out instead of throwing away this entire season and learning nothing about the QB position. Worst case, at least with Moore, you have a guy who would be willing to be your long-term backup and you have less of a loyalty with the front office where, unlike Cassel, the Chiefs will actually try to bring in competition and force a QB competition Moore.

L.A. Chieffan
08-26-2012, 05:23 PM
If he can't beat him out why would we want him as the starter?

LiveSteam
08-26-2012, 05:24 PM
Would you be upset if Quinn were named starter?

I would be fine if Quinn were named starter? Maybe even go as far as to say I would be happy about it.

Coogs
08-26-2012, 05:26 PM
If he can't beat him out why would we want him as the starter?

Lets give him a couple three weeks with the #1 in practice and see what happens. I'm betting there will be a QB controversy among the team. Probably not one that will divide the team either, but unite the team.

Mr_Tomahawk
08-26-2012, 05:30 PM
Nope.

BoneKrusher
08-26-2012, 05:34 PM
if Cassel plays like he did vs the Seahawks when the season kicks off Quinn will be named the starter by week 4 anyway.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-26-2012, 05:38 PM
Favre looks pretty good right now in the Madden 13 Pro-Am. Maybe we should bring him in for a look? lol

notorious
08-26-2012, 05:40 PM
Doesn't matter. The result will be the same.

BoneKrusher
08-26-2012, 05:42 PM
Doesn't matter. The result will be the same.

well at least we will not have to watch his clumsy ass.

boogblaster
08-26-2012, 05:43 PM
both bout the same .. so why not .....

mr. tegu
08-26-2012, 05:44 PM

All of this fail you are spewing is negated by one statistic called Sack %. Its the percentage rate at how often a guy is sacked per pass attempt. Make sense? In Matt Moore's best statistical season, last year, he was sacked 9.4% of the time. In Matt Cassel's best statistical season, 2010, he was sacked 5.5% of the time. In Cassel's worst season in which he was sacked 47 times, it was still only 8.3% and less than Moore last season. I am not saying Cassel is good at avoiding sacks because he isn't. But he sure is better than Moore at it and the stats don't lie.

So much fail.

Since when does the AFC East contain stout defenses? Oh wait it doesn't.

And now you are just making crap up. With 8 men in the box that presents even more oppurtunity to be sacked because guys can come from all over and get to the QB quicker. You are also showing you have no idea what you are talking about. At all. Moore did NOT play in a pass oriented offense last season. In fact Miami was 11th in the league in rush attempts last season, while KC was 15th. But yeah, you are right, that was a pass heavy team last season. :rolleyes:

Moore shown nothing other than that he can be a service backup at best.

You know what is really funny? Every single season Moore has played his sack % has gone up. But yeah he is really learning and showing some flashes. LMAO

notorious
08-26-2012, 05:45 PM
well at least we will not have to watch his clumsy ass.

True.

I bet Quinn could piss me off, too. Cassel is so horrific I look back on the Thigpin era and smile. :facepalm:

-King-
08-26-2012, 05:45 PM
Hell yeah! 5 year 1st round busts just excite the hell out of me.
Posted via Mobile Device

mr. tegu
08-26-2012, 05:47 PM
I'm sorry, hard to see through all the shit stained recycled paper, I thought BK said he liked quinn. my fault

Makes sense. I was surprised that you would have supported Moore as a starter here. I knew you were smarter than that. :D

BoneKrusher
08-26-2012, 05:49 PM
Hell yeah! 5 year 1st round busts just excite the hell out of me.
Posted via Mobile Device

so you'd rather have a 5 year backup that cant even do a TD celebration.

i assume his excuse is he don't throw enough td passes to stay in shape on the celebrations.

Black Bob
08-26-2012, 05:49 PM
Would you be upset if Quinn were named starter?

Yes. Quinn is a yuppie pretty boy and I hate him. He has happy feet and is a pussy. I like that he has experience but that's it. If you think he is even close to being as good as Cassel, you are crazy. He couldn't even beat out a guy that can hardly throw a football

-King-
08-26-2012, 05:55 PM
so you'd rather have a 5 year backup that cant even do a TD celebration.

i assume his excuse is he don't throw enough td passes to stay in shape on the celebrations.
Id rather have the player thar has attempted a regular season pass in the last 2 years.

And by the way.... How many career TDs does Quinn have to celebrate?
Posted via Mobile Device

crazycoffey
08-26-2012, 05:57 PM
Makes sense. I was surprised that you would have supported Moore as a starter here. I knew you were smarter than that. :D

If moore would have been signed here, then I would have watched him and have formed an opinion.

BoneKrusher
08-26-2012, 05:57 PM
Id rather have the player thar has attempted a regular season pass in the last 2 years.

And by the way.... How many career TDs does Quinn have to celebrate?
Posted via Mobile Device

10 tds- 9 ints

Chiefs Pantalones
08-26-2012, 05:58 PM
Yes. Quinn is a yuppie pretty boy and I hate him. He has happy feet and is a pussy. I like that he has experience but that's it. If you think he is even close to being as good as Cassel, you are crazy. He couldn't even beat out a guy that can hardly throw a football

He didn't have the chance to beat out anyone because there wasn't a competition. He wouldn't beat him out anyway as Cassel is Pioli's boy.

There wouldn't really be a difference anyway because Cassel is asked to things that high school QBs could do. The only reason Cassel is still QB is because he was hand picked by Pioli when he was hired by Clark. That's it. Normally in this win now league Cassel would've been cut or demoted by now.

-King-
08-26-2012, 06:00 PM
10 tds- 9 ints

Yeah. I'll take Cassel then in this cripple fight.
Posted via Mobile Device

BoneKrusher
08-26-2012, 06:03 PM
Yeah. I'll take Cassel then in this cripple fight.
Posted via Mobile Device

thats cool, just keep in mind he could land on the IR list if he dont practice those TD celebrations.

on second thought, nevermind those will be few and far between.

-King-
08-26-2012, 06:05 PM
thats cool, just keep in mind he could land on the IR list if he dont practice those TD celebrations.

on second thought, nevermind those will be few and far between.Quinn's are 5 years and counting in between.
Posted via Mobile Device

BoneKrusher
08-26-2012, 06:08 PM
Quinn's are 5 years and counting in between.
Posted via Mobile Device

i think we'll get to see Quinn's numbers improve starting around week 5.

mr. tegu
08-26-2012, 06:08 PM
He didn't have the chance to beat out anyone because there wasn't a competition. He wouldn't beat him out anyway as Cassel is Pioli's boy.

There wouldn't really be a difference anyway because Cassel is asked to things that high school QBs could do. The only reason Cassel is still QB is because he was hand picked by Pioli when he was hired by Clark. That's it. Normally in this win now league Cassel would've been cut or demoted by now.

I am assuming he meant Tebow. :shrug:

Ace Gunner
08-26-2012, 06:19 PM
No. I would take Cassel's performances from this pre season and file it for later. It's hard to know what these guys are supposed to do, each of the players are coached to do certain tasks during pre season. Obviously, no NFL team is playing just to win as they do during regular season.

But based on what I see as a fan, I would keep a short leash on Cassel and get production from him. Cassel is 30 now and is entering season 4 with the Chiefs, it is time for production. Not necessarily flawless production, but he needs to start manufacturing some consistent scoring offense.

I'd give him 8 games. I would not tell him. I'd just find ways to make him produce and if I can't get him to produce enough after those 8 games I would put Brady Quinn in.

I would not put Stanzi in this season. Not at all. **** him. He doesn't deserve to see the field after the eggs he laid. I would keep working him and groom him for his first legit shot at QB comp next pre season.

And, If Quinn doesn't get me production with those final 8 games I'd go shopping for some QB's for this roster.

TLO
08-26-2012, 06:41 PM
I wouldn't be too terribly upset.

BoneKrusher
08-26-2012, 06:43 PM
I wouldn't be too terribly upset.

watch the TD celebration a couple more times and you'll be thrilled. :D

RustShack
08-26-2012, 06:44 PM
I honestly can't wait until Quinn takes over.

crazycoffey
08-26-2012, 06:46 PM
What if we bought a shitload of quinn jerseys?

BoneKrusher
08-26-2012, 06:47 PM

Pioli would crap his shorts. :D

crazycoffey
08-26-2012, 06:51 PM
Pioli would crap his shorts. :D

It's worth it, CP fundraiser!!!!!

Red Dawg
08-26-2012, 07:04 PM
I can back a Quinn move. He can't do any worse and we already have seen Matt's best and it's not good enough.

Red Dawg
08-26-2012, 07:05 PM
If Matt plays like shit and we lose the first two then I fully expect Quinn to start in game three. If he plays great and we still lose then no.

BillSelfsTrophycase
08-26-2012, 07:06 PM
Not really, Quinn sucks the penis, but it would show management has given up on Cassel

Hope

RustShack
08-26-2012, 07:06 PM
Hes shown flashes of being a good QB. He has ability to make some plays unlike Cassel. If we just use him as a game manager I think he has a better shot of pulling a big play out for us to get a win if needed than Cassel.

Shag
08-26-2012, 07:11 PM
I'd be ecstatic. It would mean the end of the Cassel era, and I can't see Quinn being viewed as the future, and would just be a placeholder until a better QB can be found...

ILChief
08-26-2012, 07:16 PM

Too bad he couldn't get #10, I am sure there are a lot of Trent green jerseys out there we could modify and wear to games

durtyrute
08-26-2012, 07:36 PM
Both Quinn and Stanzi have higher ceilings than Cassel. If they can let that fuck off start for four years, then either Stanzi or Quinn should be given a chance.

King_Chief_Fan
08-26-2012, 07:40 PM
Both Quinn and Stanzi have higher ceilings than Cassel. If they can let that **** off start for four years, then either Stanzi or Quinn should be given a chance.

you are out of your mind...they have all maxed out

J Diddy
08-26-2012, 07:40 PM
Too bad he couldn't get #10, I am sure there are a lot of Trent green jerseys out there we could modify and wear to games

To hell you say.

durtyrute
08-26-2012, 07:44 PM

Quinn and Stanzi haven't started more than 17 games combined and Quinn has all of those starts. How can you max out before you even start?

Cassel played like absolute cow dung his first year here and is still playing. At least one of the back ups deserves the same chance.

King_Chief_Fan
08-26-2012, 07:46 PM
Quinn and Stanzi haven't started more than 17 games combined and Quinn has all of those starts. How can you max out before you even start?

Cassel played like absolute cow dung his first year here and is still playing. At least one of the back ups deserves the same chance.

no, you don't continue to make the same mistakes over and over again... do it for Quinn and Stanzi because you did it for Cassel....that is insane

DJ's left nut
08-26-2012, 07:49 PM
I'd lose a $50 bet, so yeah, I'd be a little annoyed.

durtyrute
08-26-2012, 07:52 PM
They don't have to do it for them because they did it for Cassel. I was just saying that it has been done before. My point is that Cassel sucks, so let's get him out now. IF Quinn or Stanzi suck in the regular season at least we will be able to find out. Plus, if they do suck it increases our chances of getting a better QB.

BoneKrusher
08-26-2012, 07:55 PM
They don't have to do it for them because they did it for Cassel. I was just saying that it has been done before. My point is that Cassel sucks, so let's get him out now. IF Quinn or Stanzi suck in the regular season at least we will be able to find out. Plus, if they do suck it increases our chances of getting a better QB.

i'm all for it.

Otter
08-26-2012, 07:57 PM
If Castle sucks after 3-4 games with all the tools he has to work with then by all means I hope the coaching staff gives Quinn a shot. I think we're both dreaming however.

This teams inability to address the QB situation after all these years in embarrassing. Especially in a pass-happy NFL. They seem to be at least finally trying, I'll give them that.

In58men
08-26-2012, 07:57 PM
Pioli whiffed big time bros.

@NFL_RealUpdates: So now we have 5 rookies starting QBs on the opening day of the #NFL season.

BoneKrusher
08-26-2012, 07:59 PM
Pioli whiffed big time bros.

@NFL_RealUpdates: So now we have 5 rookies starting QBs on the opening day of the #NFL season.

he cant see the forest for the trees when it comes to Quarterbacks.

Coogs
08-26-2012, 08:00 PM
I know it is just preseason, but the whole team looked so much better the last 3 games of the season last year than the 1st three preseason games this year (starters only).

No Charles last 3 games last year. No Hillis. No Boss. No Winston. No Moeaki. No Cassel, but Kyle Orton.

This year we have a Charles. Have Hillis. Have Boss. Have Winston. Have Moeaki. A rusty Bowe. A Cassel, but no Orton.

Nobody really thought Orton was going to light it up like he did last season. Maybe Quinn can do the same.

BoneKrusher
08-26-2012, 08:02 PM
Nobody really thought Orton was going to light it up like he did last season. Maybe Quinn can do the same.

as far as i can see, it's our only Hope.

chiefzilla1501
08-26-2012, 08:03 PM

How in the world can you say Stanzi maxed out? He's been in this league for one season. Only had one true offseason.

-King-
08-26-2012, 08:04 PM
I know it is just preseason, but the whole team looked so much better the last 3 games of the season last year than the 1st three preseason games this year (starters only).

No Charles last 3 games last year. No Hillis. No Boss. No Winston. No Moeaki. No Cassel, but Kyle Orton.

This year we have a Charles. Have Hillis. Have Boss. Have Winston. Have Moeaki. A rusty Bowe. A Cassel, but no Orton.

Lit it up to the tune of 1 TD in 3 games.

DJ's left nut
08-26-2012, 08:06 PM
It's sad that Kyle Orton really would've been the key to our off=season.

dannybcaitlyn
08-26-2012, 08:07 PM
All of this fail you are spewing is negated by one statistic called Sack %. Its the percentage rate at how often a guy is sacked per pass attempt. Make sense? In Matt Moore's best statistical season, last year, he was sacked 9.4% of the time. In Matt Cassel's best statistical season, 2010, he was sacked 5.5% of the time. In Cassel's worst season in which he was sacked 47 times, it was still only 8.3% and less than Moore last season. I am not saying Cassel is good at avoiding sacks because he isn't. But he sure is better than Moore at it and the stats don't lie.

So much fail.

Since when does the AFC East contain stout defenses? Oh wait it doesn't.

And now you are just making crap up. With 8 men in the box that presents even more oppurtunity to be sacked because guys can come from all over and get to the QB quicker. You are also showing you have no idea what you are talking about. At all. Moore did NOT play in a pass oriented offense last season. In fact Miami was 11th in the league in rush attempts last season, while KC was 15th. But yeah, you are right, that was a pass heavy team last season. :rolleyes:

Moore shown nothing other than that he can be a service backup at best.

You know what is really funny? Every single season Moore has played his sack % has gone up. But yeah he is really learning and showing some flashes. LMAO

Matt Moore had a 103.9 QB rating and a 14 TD to 3 int his last eight games for the Dolphins. He actually improved. So yeah, I would take him over any other Qb on this roster.

BoneKrusher
08-26-2012, 08:07 PM

1 TD but two wins, right?

Pasta Little Brioni
08-26-2012, 08:08 PM
Matt Moore had a 103.9 QB rating and a 14 TD to 3 int his last eight games for the Dolphins. He actually improved. So yeah, I would take him over any other Qb on this roster.

Fuck Matt Moore, I'm tired of hearing about a guy that David Garrard's corpse was solidly beating out.

Coogs
08-26-2012, 08:09 PM

That is correct. Look again at the cast of characters he did not have playing with him. Two 300 yard passing games with those guys probably puts a few more points on the board.

notorious
08-26-2012, 08:10 PM

Amen Brother!

http://ts2.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=4707302009930281&id=36a7a85547b4c49379cb35bcd2fe61f3

Setsuna
08-26-2012, 08:18 PM
**** Matt Moore, I'm tired of hearing about a guy that David Garrard's corpse was solidly beating out.

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaah!!!!!

Best post ever.

mr. tegu
08-26-2012, 08:21 PM

93.0 for the season Cassel in 2010. 87.1 for Moore in 2011. And before you say it was Moore's first full time starting, Cassel was 89.4 in 2008 in his first season. Also, before being a full time starter Moore had 13 starts. Cassel had zero. Like I said earlier Cassel is just a little bit better than Moore in every way. Get over it.

dannybcaitlyn
08-26-2012, 08:27 PM
Moore didn't even play the full season last year. Reason why he gets sacked is because he's looking down field to make a play. He wants to throw past 20 yards unlike cassel.

chiefzilla1501
08-26-2012, 08:36 PM
Moore didn't even play the full season last year. Reason why he gets sacked is because he's looking down field to make a play. He wants to throw past 20 yards unlike cassel.

67% of Cassel's throws in 2012 were either behind the line of scrimmage or 1-10 yard passes. 59% for Moore. 89% of passes were thrown from 20 yards in. 83% for Moore.

So yes, this is absolutely correct. Add in the fact that Cassel's best season was the year when defenses were loading 8 in the box to stop Charles.

Yeah, I don't like Moore's pocket vision yet. But to act like that's a huge weakness compared to a guy like Cassel who's horrendous at the same exact thing... it's not as important as he wants to make it to be.

Ace Gunner
08-26-2012, 08:41 PM
http://i50.tinypic.com/15qxb9h.png
ROFL bone you kill me sometimes. May I borrow:D

milkman
08-26-2012, 08:44 PM
What's the next topic of debate.

Anal rape or facial?

crazycoffey
08-26-2012, 08:45 PM
67% of stats are made up

Ming the Merciless
08-26-2012, 08:59 PM
I wouldnt be upset, unless maybe Cassel was injured....if he truly is the best QB, put him in there...

But he isn't

Planetman
08-26-2012, 09:00 PM
What's the next topic of debate.

Anal rape or facial?
Can't we discuss both, in that order? It's got to be better than this piece of shit thread.

el borracho
08-26-2012, 10:30 PM
Truthfully, there are no QBs currently on the roster who offer any real promise at all. I've already conceded this year. I do not care what they do this year as long as they go all out to get a legit QB next year.

And no, I do not want to trade for Matt Moore. If we are trading for anybody, it had better be Ryan Mallett.

KcMizzou
08-26-2012, 10:34 PM
Yes, I would be upset. Cassel is clearly the best QB on the roster.

That may be sad, but it is a fact.

crazycoffey
08-26-2012, 10:47 PM

Talent wise? Intelegence? Knowledge of the offense? I think Brady is better at all three.

Brock
08-26-2012, 10:48 PM

I'm not sure about this.

crazycoffey
08-26-2012, 10:58 PM
I'm not sure about this.

You like brady or rick? Cause I'm not a stanzi basher, but I think Quinn is the best on our roster right now.

Tombstone RJ
08-26-2012, 10:59 PM
Talent wise? Intelegence? Knowledge of the offense? I think Brady is better at all three.

oh the irony of this post! I kid because I care... not! :)

Tombstone RJ
08-26-2012, 11:02 PM
As far as kc starting Quinn over a healthy Cassel, I doubt this happens. This team is going to live or die via Cassel and no other QB will play unless Cassel is injured.

Pioli had a chance to draft many a QB this last draft and he didn't pull the trigger on any of them, not Osweiler, not Foles, not Wilson, not Findley, hell he didn't even take the kid from Boise State in the 7th round!

Face it, he's gonna ride the Cassel come hell or high water.

Brock
08-26-2012, 11:03 PM
You like brady or rick? Cause I'm not a stanzi basher, but I think Quinn is the best on our roster right now.

I'm not a fan of Stanzi at this point. I just find it hard to believe that Cassel is really better than Quinn. It seems to me that Quinn has by far a better arm. I think he may get a shot this year.

crazycoffey
08-26-2012, 11:08 PM
oh the irony of this post! I kid because I care... not! :)

Sorry, on the Motorola phone. Typing is different and im 40 now, so eye sight is starts.g to slip.

I'm not a fan of Stanzi at this point. I just find it hard to believe that Cassel is really better than Quinn. It seems to me that Quinn has by far a better arm. I think he may get a shot this year.

I honestly like Quinn over casshole, stanzi, thigpen, Orton, tebow, Palko....

BigMeatballDave
08-26-2012, 11:09 PM
If the offense struggles this season with no injuries, Quinn will most certainly get a shot.

You can't have all these guys on offense that can play this game at a high level, and struggle.

The pressure is on Matty.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-26-2012, 11:10 PM
I doubt Stanzi ever takes a meaningful snap in the NFL.

BigMeatballDave
08-26-2012, 11:10 PM

That may be sad, but it is a fact.Maybe, but I'd like to see Quinn with the ones.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-26-2012, 11:18 PM
Maybe, but I'd like to see Quinn with the ones.

There wouldn't be any drop off with Quinn starting, IMO. With what Cassel is asked to do I don't see why they didn't just draft a rookie. Wilson, Foles, anybody can be plugged in there and do what Cassek does.

BigMeatballDave
08-26-2012, 11:24 PM
There wouldn't be any drop off with Quinn starting, IMO. With what Cassel is asked to do I don't see why they didn't just draft a rookie. Wilson, Foles, anybody can be plugged in there and do what Cassek does.

I was furious watching just how much they had Matty throw, but nothing was deep.

How the fuck do they expect to have any success winning in the post season with this shit?

NJChiefsFan
08-26-2012, 11:27 PM
I was furious watching just how much they had Matty throw, but nothing was deep.

How the **** do they expect to have any success winning in the post season with this shit?

Trent said during the telecast they told Matt to be willing to take whats given and check down. They basically suggested he do it more.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-26-2012, 11:31 PM

How the **** do they expect to have any success winning in the post season with this shit?

My hopes, albeit false lol, are that they didn't wanna show anything like that because it's preseason. Why you don't take advantage of a guy like Baldwin who can go up the ladder and snag it is beyond me.

Tombstone RJ
08-26-2012, 11:33 PM
Trent said during the telecast they told Matt to be willing to take whats given and check down. They basically suggested he do it more.

I had the unfortunate experience of listening to the kc telecast with Trent Green and I gotta say, as badly as Cassel looked, Green made it sound like it was all good. He's a total kc apologist. I couldn't believe some of the crap he was spewing.

NJChiefsFan
08-26-2012, 11:33 PM
My hopes, albeit false lol, are that they didn't wanna show anything like that because it's preseason. Why you don't take advantage of a guy like Baldwin who can go up the ladder and snag it is beyond me.

Can Matt throw it to the top of a ladder?

Chiefs Pantalones
08-26-2012, 11:34 PM

I love me some check downs. Did anyone else get frustrated by the 2 yard out that Cassel threw to Baldwin? I was like holy shit is he this limited?

Chiefs Pantalones
08-26-2012, 11:36 PM
Can Matt throw it to the top of a ladder?

He can overthrow a ladder.

NJChiefsFan
08-26-2012, 11:37 PM
I love me some check downs. Did anyone else get frustrated by the 2 yard out that Cassel threw to Baldwin? I was like holy shit is he this limited?

The one where Baldwin caught the ball on the line of scrimmage and then ran for like 4 yards? It was pretty fun listening to the homer broadcast trying to sugar coat Matt. Then for Pioli to be there during the fumble. Green went over the 3 QBs in the division and how exciting it will be. He finsihed with "Oh and we also have our Cassel." Yes we do.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-26-2012, 11:41 PM
The one where Baldwin caught the ball on the line of scrimmage and then ran for like 4 yards? It was pretty fun listening to the homer broadcast trying to sugar coat Matt. Then for Pioli to be there during the fumble. Green went over the 3 QBs in the division and how exciting it will be. He finsihed with "Oh and we also have our Cassel." Yes we do.

Cassel must have scandalous pictures of Pioli or something. Or Pioli has a huge ass ego.

mr. tegu
08-26-2012, 11:43 PM
67% of Cassel's throws in 2012 were either behind the line of scrimmage or 1-10 yard passes. 59% for Moore. 89% of passes were thrown from 20 yards in. 83% for Moore.

So yes, this is absolutely correct. Add in the fact that Cassel's best season was the year when defenses were loading 8 in the box to stop Charles.

Yeah, I don't like Moore's pocket vision yet. But to act like that's a huge weakness compared to a guy like Cassel who's horrendous at the same exact thing... it's not as important as he wants to make it to be.

Oh for crying out loud. Its not just the vision. Its everything. Besides we don't even need stats to know Moore is nothing of value. He could have taken a hold of the starting job in Carolina but he didn't. He had it right there for him. A running team that doesn't put pressure on the QB, with no real other viable QB going nowhere so he was given his chance (two legitimate chances his last two seasons amounting to 10 starts) and couldn't do it. He has backed up Delhomme, Clausen, Henne, and now likely Garrard. It's a conspiracy that he hasn't beaten those guys out isn't it... That's got to be the only explanation for why he has never been a starter to start a season. If you can honestly look at Moore and say that's a guy that can be your starter, then neither I or anybody can help you. You just want someone not named Cassel and you don't care who it is, even if it's a guy that is more worthless than our current starter, backup, and probably Stanzi as well.

RustShack
08-26-2012, 11:47 PM
This is the first time we have had a legit QB to bench Cassel for. Quinn is also Crennels guy. Its only a matter of time before Quinn comes in. Injury might be the most likely reason, but if Cassel really struggles I could see him being benched. Pioli can't really stop that, he might flip shit after it happens... but Crennel could do it.

mcaj22
08-26-2012, 11:50 PM
we dont have a legit QB on this roster, starting or a backup. If we lose with Cassel we are losing with Quinn, it makes no difference. It's not like we have a young QB on the roster that is showing potential that makes us fans excited about the grooming process. Pioli passed on all those mid round guys that would give us a chance at finding a "legit" QB because we will never find it signing journeyman cast offs to compete for our #2.

chiefzilla1501
08-26-2012, 11:51 PM
Oh for crying out loud. Its not just the vision. Its everything. Besides we don't even need stats to know Moore is nothing of value. He could have taken a hold of the starting job in Carolina but he didn't. He had it right there for him. A running team that doesn't put pressure on the QB, with no real other viable QB going nowhere so he was given his chance (two legitimate chances his last two seasons amounting to 10 starts) and couldn't do it. He has backed up Delhomme, Clausen, Henne, and now likely Garrard. It's a conspiracy that he hasn't beaten those guys out isn't it... That's got to be the only explanation for why he has never been a starter to start a season. If you can honestly look at Moore and say that's a guy that can be your starter, then neither I or anybody can help you. You just want someone not named Cassel and you don't care who it is, even if it's a guy that is more worthless than our current starter, backup, and probably Stanzi as well.

I would like Moore for a late round pick. We get a better QB, still some potential upside (even if it's a longshot), and it finally rids us of the ridiculous Matt Cassel experiment. In the process, we can then draft a first round QB in the 2013, and Moore can comfortably slip into a backup role whereas Cassel will want to start somewhere or take on a big contract.

If the Chiefs decide to start Stanzi or Quinn, that's fine too. I really don't care who we start as long as there's at least a shred of upside. Something Cassel does not have.

mcaj22
08-26-2012, 11:53 PM
they are not finding a QB with a shred of anything unless something happens this season like Kyle Orton last year where we pluck a veteran QB off the waiver wire mid season in a desperate attempt to replace our shitters

dannybcaitlyn
08-27-2012, 04:51 AM

The same thing can be said about Orton and look how bad he made Cassel look the limited time he was here with only a week to learn the play book.

|Zach|
08-27-2012, 05:03 AM
Not at all convinced it would be an improvement.

luv
08-27-2012, 08:01 AM
Not at all convinced it would be an improvement.

Agreed, but that doesn't mean I'd be opposed to trying him out over Cassel.

BoneKrusher
08-27-2012, 08:07 AM
Agreed, but that doesn't mean I'd be opposed to trying him out over Cassel.

exactly.
what do we have to lose?

actually, we could gain.
if he sucks as bad as Matt then we will draft as high or higher in 2013 for our franchise QB.

Black Bob
08-27-2012, 08:08 AM
I think Cassel is going to have to start 0-4 or get hurt for us to see another QB this year.

luv
08-27-2012, 08:09 AM
I think Cassel is going to have to start 0-4 or get hurt for us to see another QB this year.

Pretty much, but couldn't that be said about any questionable starting QB?

Black Bob
08-27-2012, 08:12 AM
Pretty much, but couldn't that be said about any questionable starting QB?

Well, the coaches don't think he's questionable. Only some fans do.

Here it is in a nutshell... We aren't rebuilding anymore.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-27-2012, 08:13 AM
...like that is going to happen

BoneKrusher
08-27-2012, 08:13 AM

based on his play in the Seattle game and the first four weeks of our schedule:
http://vcreporter.com/site_images_upload/story/2009/01/14/15/art.jpg
it could happen.

Frankie
08-27-2012, 09:33 AM

Not all, but certainly at "Intelegence."

Frankie
08-27-2012, 09:38 AM

How do you define "better arm?" To me is not just arm strength. It's a combination of strength and accuracy. So far, IMO, (by eye test only) BQ's accuracy has been noticeably worse than Cassel's.

I doubt Stanzi ever takes a meaningful snap in the NFL.

Has anybody ever thought that the system that is specifically designed to help Cassel is hurting Stanzi? Stanzi looks unprepared this preseason. He looked a hell of a lot better last preseason even with no off season.

htismaqe
08-27-2012, 09:55 AM
Not really worth discussing at this point, unless you're into being disappointed.

Cassel is the start here, no matter what. He'd have to get hurt for that to change.

Even if they start the season 0-4, I don't think they'll change. They'll blame the defense and all the missing pieces like Flowers, and Cassel will once again be "just fine".

DaWolf
08-27-2012, 10:08 AM
Not really worth discussing at this point, unless you're into being disappointed.

Cassel is the start here, no matter what. He'd have to get hurt for that to change.

Even if they start the season 0-4, I don't think they'll change. They'll blame the defense and all the missing pieces like Flowers, and Cassel will once again be "just fine".

The caveat being if Cassel turns into a turnover machine like he was the other night. If he starts running around throwing pick sixes and fumbling the ball, he will hit the bench, because that's the one thing he is supposed to not do.

I agree that even if he plays poorly and we start 0-4, he keeps the job, unless he comes out one game and Quinn goes in and just ignites the team. If he really plays poorly, they'd probably wait until the bye to pull the plug on Cassel.

The real issue though is that there really isn't any QB on the roster better than Cassel, so replacing him would likely not get us much improvement. You may gain some things from Quinn, but just like Orton, he has some weaknesses that mitigate that (lack of accuracy). That's once again on Pioli...

htismaqe
08-27-2012, 10:27 AM
The caveat being if Cassel turns into a turnover machine like he was the other night. If he starts running around throwing pick sixes and fumbling the ball, he will hit the bench, because that's the one thing he is supposed to not do.

I agree that even if he plays poorly and we start 0-4, he keeps the job, unless he comes out one game and Quinn goes in and just ignites the team. If he really plays poorly, they'd probably wait until the bye to pull the plug on Cassel.

The real issue though is that there really isn't any QB on the roster better than Cassel, so replacing him would likely not get us much improvement. You may gain some things from Quinn, but just like Orton, he has some weaknesses that mitigate that (lack of accuracy). That's once again on Pioli...

Yep, yep, yep, and yep.

ChiefsCountry
08-27-2012, 10:38 AM
Quinn is a win win in my eyes. He either sucks or is the franchise. No middle ground with him which Cassel is.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefnj2
08-27-2012, 10:41 AM

Cassel won't be put in the position to be a turnover machine.

HemiEd
08-27-2012, 10:44 AM
Well since Stanzi only got a courtesy shot, I am all for Quinn now. At least somewhere buried in his body is potential, we know Cassel has none.

Anyone that watched that Seattle game, saw the same old rattled Cassel. Give me someone else.

RustShack
08-27-2012, 10:46 AM
Brady Quinn will be an upgrade. He could be more successful with the 1's here than Cassel can.

notorious
08-27-2012, 10:52 AM
You know things are BAD when Cleveland and Denver's castoff is considered an upgrade.

Put a bullet between my fandom's eyes.

Deberg_1990
08-27-2012, 10:56 AM
Brady Quinn will be an upgrade. He could be more successful with the 1's here than Cassel can.

Where have you seen this potential and upgraded performance out of him?

HemiEd
08-27-2012, 10:57 AM
You know things are BAD when Cleveland and Denver's castoff is considered an upgrade.

Hey, they could also pick up Vince Young since he was just released. Then this team could have two former first round bust QBs on the roster.

RustShack
08-27-2012, 10:58 AM

During his last season when he was starting, he had a 304 yard 4 TD 0 INT game and a 271 3 TD 0 INT game... Something Cassel can't do here on a far superior team. He was young and on a bad team, all he needs is a chance.

Chiefnj2
08-27-2012, 11:32 AM
During his last season when he was starting, he had a 304 yard 4 TD 0 INT game and a 271 3 TD 0 INT game... Something Cassel can't do here on a far superior team. He was young and on a bad team, all he needs is a chance.

Nice cherry picking. Quinn also had a QB rating of 2.3, 3.0, 22.5 and 19.7 in 4 games.

That's like saying Cassel had a 400 yard 3TD 0 INT game and a 345 yard 3 TD 0 INT game in his first year starting.

Black Bob
08-27-2012, 12:17 PM
based on his play in the Seattle game and the first four weeks of our schedule:
http://vcreporter.com/site_images_upload/story/2009/01/14/15/art.jpg
it could happen.

It could but, I think 1-3 is the worst case scenario. We are going to kick Buffalo's ass. That's a payback game and we will be up for that one. If you are betting on a Chiefs game this season, that one is the lock.

Death2CasselFans
08-27-2012, 08:08 PM

Are you serious? Orton has always had good stats. His problem was winning games.

Orton is king of stats. Hes like a poor man Phillip Rivers.

Death2CasselFans
08-27-2012, 08:10 PM
It could but, I think 1-3 is the worst case scenario. We are going to kick Buffalo's ass. That's a payback game and we will be up for that one. If you are betting on a Chiefs game this season, that one is the lock.

Like we were supposed to kick Buffalos ass last year?
Like we were supposed to kick Miami Dolphins ass last year?

We got blown out both games. Stop kidding yourself, Buffallo has the ability to blow us out again.

BossChief
08-27-2012, 08:25 PM
I'd be somewhat excited because the team will have likely moved on from Cassel and it's a win win from there on out.

If Quinn plays well, the team will be fun to watch again.

If he fails, Stanzi has a chance to get on the field with the starters.

mlyonsd
08-27-2012, 08:26 PM
We (Pioli) screwed up big time letting Orton go.

Frazod
08-27-2012, 08:30 PM

THIS. It's not like Orton was great, but he was certainly great compared to that assclown Cassel. :banghead:

BoneKrusher
08-27-2012, 08:30 PM

i agree.
i'm just guessing but i think Pioli tried to resign Orton as Cassel's backup (Orton got insulted) refused and signed with Dallas day one of Free Agency.

mlyonsd
08-27-2012, 08:34 PM
i agree.
i'm just guessing but i think Pioli tried to resign Orton as Cassel's backup (Orton got insulted) refused and signed with Dallas day one of Free Agency.The thought Pioli was a genius should have died the day Orton was allowed to walk.

Carr too, unless during their negotiations he made it clear Dallas would win no matter what.

O.city
08-27-2012, 08:35 PM
Actually wouldn't mind Quinn I guess. He at least has shown that he's pretty talented physically.

In58men
08-27-2012, 08:39 PM
Actually wouldn't mind Quinn I guess. He at least has shown that he's pretty talented physically.

I punched my dog after reading this.

Coogs
08-27-2012, 08:40 PM
Are you serious? Orton has always had good stats. His problem was winning games.

Orton is king of stats. Hes like a poor man Phillip Rivers.

So you knew he was going to come in and throw for 300 yards and beat the Packers? And follow it up with 300 aginst Oakland? With the O-line we had. TJ, McCluster, and Battle as RB's.

I guess I expected better than Palko, but didn't see what he did happening.

BoneKrusher
08-27-2012, 08:42 PM

and i like the fact that he's a former 1st round pick and could actually play like it, we know what we have in Cassel we've seen him play with the first string offense but we haven't seen Quinn get a shot with the first string yet..

the way i see it, we have nothing to lose.

Coogs
08-27-2012, 08:44 PM
and i like the fact that he's a former 1st round pick and could actually play like it, we know what we have in Cassel we've seen him play with the first string offense but we haven't seen Quinn get a shot with the first string yet..

the way i see it, we have nothing to lose.

This!

Setsuna
08-27-2012, 08:45 PM
Quinn is terribad.

Rasputin
08-27-2012, 08:45 PM
I will be upset if Brady Quinn is our starting QB for 2013 with out drafting a top QB from next years draft class. This year is another loss at the QB spot so makes little difference between Casshole & Quinn. Give it to Quinn & see what happens I guess just for fun.

SAUTO
08-27-2012, 08:49 PM

reported

threebag
08-27-2012, 08:52 PM
I donkey punched my dog after reading this.

Ouch

Mr_Tomahawk
08-27-2012, 09:23 PM
http://prod.static.chiefs.clubs.nfl.com//assets/images/imported/KC/photos/0_NEW_991x340/2012/08-August/quinn_stl_991_8_27_12.jpg
:):):):)

New World Order
08-27-2012, 09:26 PM
I will be upset if Brady Quinn is our starting QB for 2013 with out drafting a top QB from next years draft class. This year is another loss at the QB spot so makes little difference between Casshole & Quinn. Give it to Quinn & see what happens I guess just for fun.

It's either Cassel or Stanzi in 13, Pioli only has another year or 2 on his contract after this year, there is no way he is going to draft a qb and develop him with the limited time he has as GM

RustShack
08-27-2012, 10:14 PM
It's either Cassel or Stanzi in 13, Pioli only has another year or 2 on his contract after this year, there is no way he is going to draft a qb and develop him with the limited time he has as GM

Lol Pioli isn't going anywhere. If anything drafting a first round QB gives him an extension.

notorious
08-27-2012, 10:16 PM
It's either Cassel or Stanzi in 13,

http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/file.php?2,file=27884,filename=Fire_Window_Fall.gif

Brock
08-27-2012, 10:19 PM
i agree.
i'm just guessing but i think Pioli tried to resign Orton as Cassel's backup (Orton got insulted) refused and signed with Dallas day one of Free Agency.

10 million dollars will do that for you.

-King-
08-27-2012, 10:32 PM
i agree.

So, he turned down being a backup...to be a backup?

Well, he is an alcoholic, so it is possible.

Frankie
08-27-2012, 10:54 PM

Ouch

:eek:

Who'da thunk it?!... Inmem has a dog that can post online!

jd1020
08-27-2012, 11:42 PM
It's either Cassel or someone not named Stanzi in 13, Pioli only has another year or 2 on his contract after this year, there is no way he is going to draft a qb and develop him with the limited time he has as GM

FYP.

Cassel is going to be here. Stanzi is so far away from unseating him it's not even worth mentioning his name.

It's going to take a highly drafted QB or a much better, experienced, QB to take the job from Cassel.

Stanzi has this year, as the #3 QB, and 2 years after with the Chiefs. He hasn't progressed since being drafted. You could argue he has regressed. He is well on his way out of the Chiefs organization. No team is going to wait on a 5th round draft pick that can't climb the depth chart.

New World Order
08-28-2012, 12:24 AM
FYP.

Cassel is going to be here. Stanzi is so far away from unseating him it's not even worth mentioning his name.

It's going to take a highly drafted QB or a much better, experienced, QB to take the job from Cassel.

Stanzi has this year, as the #3 QB, and 2 years after with the Chiefs. He hasn't progressed since being drafted. You could argue he has regressed. He is well on his way out of the Chiefs organization. No team is going to wait on a 5th round draft pick that can't climb the depth chart.

So you're saying Cassel will start for the next 3 seasons as Pioli scratches his nuts and tries to put more players around him? He probably will. Stanzi should be cut imho, it wouldn't have hurt to sign Kyle Orton this offseason

crazycoffey
08-28-2012, 12:28 AM
:eek:

Who'da thunk it?!... Inmem has a dog that can post online!

Is that so crazy? Your bleeding vagina posts on here everyday....

crazycoffey
08-28-2012, 12:30 AM
So you're saying Cassel will start for the next 3 seasons as Pioli scratches his nuts and tries to put more players around him? He probably will. Stanzi should be cut imho, it wouldn't have hurt to sign Kyle Orton this offseason

another n(.)(.)b? Daface, we breaking records or what?

scho63
08-28-2012, 07:40 AM
Replacing a one pound bag of shit with a two pound bag of shit seems pretty useless IMHO

BoneKrusher
08-28-2012, 08:16 AM
So, he turned down being a backup...to be a backup?

Well, he is an alcoholic, so it is possible.

i assume he thought "if i'm gonna be a backup i wanna backup a QB thats better than me". Cassel sure isn't.

Frankie
08-28-2012, 10:42 AM
Is that so crazy? Your bleeding vagina posts on here everyday....

Judging by this post on your other typical posts involving me, so does your torn up ass.

RustShack
08-28-2012, 11:20 AM

Since we are probably winning our first playoff game since Montana this year, Cassel has a decent shot of being kept around... unless its because Cassel got hurt and Quinn is the one who did it.

crazycoffey
08-28-2012, 11:48 AM
Judging by this post on your other typical posts involving me, so does your torn up ass.

Take it easy Nancy. I'm just fucking with you.

whoman69
08-28-2012, 01:01 PM
Since we are probably winning our first playoff game since Montana this year, Cassel has a decent shot of being kept around... unless its because Cassel got hurt and Quinn is the one who did it.

Yeah, if we play more games like we did against Seattle, its a no-brainer.

BoneKrusher
08-28-2012, 01:39 PM

and Hopefully Romeo has Cassel work on his TD celebrations this week.

crazycoffey
08-28-2012, 01:49 PM
I'd rather they both focus on just getting into the end-zone more frequently, to hell with how stupid the celebration looks.

Brock
08-28-2012, 01:53 PM

ROFL k.

-King-
08-28-2012, 01:55 PM
i assume he thought "if i'm gonna be a backup i wanna backup a QB thats better than me". Cassel sure isn't.

That literally doesn't make any sense ROFLROFL

If you think you're a good backup, why would you want to backup a QB that has no chance of ever being benched?

Orton saw first hand what fan pressure can do when he was in Denver. He would have been in the same situation Tebow was in if he stayed here.

-King-
08-28-2012, 01:56 PM

Why the hell do you keep referencing that like it's important?

RustShack
08-28-2012, 01:59 PM

Yeah I would assume we aren't treating the regular season like practice. We obviously didn't try running the ball at all, which is going to be what our offense is based around. The Cardinals game is the only game where we played to our strengths. The other two we've been toying around seeing what does and doesn't work. I have no problems with using Pre-Season for what its meant for.

Ace Gunner
08-28-2012, 02:13 PM

He could hurt Bowe.

whoman69
08-28-2012, 03:53 PM

Or maybe tell him that you don't really celebrate getting a touchdown that gets you out of a shutout and still leaves you nine points down.

whoman69
08-28-2012, 03:54 PM

Why would you practice for such an unlikely scenario. Only Arizona and the Jets have looked worse than our offense.

BoneKrusher
08-28-2012, 03:59 PM

because here in this part of Virginia every sports fan you see is LMAO, it's the funniest thing since SNL first aired.

BoneKrusher
08-28-2012, 04:02 PM
Why would you practice for such an unlikely scenario. Only Arizona and the Jets have looked worse than our offense.

i know, it's a waste of time.

BoneKrusher
08-28-2012, 04:06 PM
Orton saw first hand what fan pressure can do when he was in Denver. He would have been in the same situation Tebow was in if he stayed here.

i agree, he knew Matt was the starter and he knew he can blow Cassel away but he also knew had no chance to play here as long as Pissoli kisses Matts ass.

-King-
08-28-2012, 04:44 PM
i agree, he knew Matt was the starter and he knew he can blow Cassel away but he also knew had no chance to play here as long as Pissoli kisses Matts ass.

And he has a chance of starting in Dallas?

Like I said, he saw first hand what fan pressure can do with the Tebow situation. He'd be in the best position a backup Qb would be in.
Posted via Mobile Device

mlyonsd
08-28-2012, 04:48 PM

Like I said, he saw first hand what fan pressure can do with the Tebow situation. He'd be in the best position a backup Qb would be in.
Posted via Mobile DeviceI think Dallas will throw Romo away before we throw Cassel.

BoneKrusher
08-28-2012, 04:56 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

No, in Dallas he is and should be the Backup to Romo.

In KC i think he felt like he knew he should be the starter but there was no way he would start over the POS Pioli has penciled in.

in other words, if Pioli asked him to sign as Cassel's backup, he was insulted and left town asap.

BoneKrusher
08-28-2012, 04:56 PM
I think Dallas will throw Romo away before we throw Cassel.

i'd say you're right.

jd1020
08-28-2012, 05:02 PM
No, in Dallas he is and should be the Backup to Romo.

In KC i think he felt like he knew he should be the starter but there was no way he woluld start over the POS Pioli has penciled in.

in other words, if Pioli asked him to sign as Cassel's backup, he was insulted and left town asap.

Anything to shit on Pioli, huh?

This shit about Orton being insulted to being a backup is the dumbest thing I've heard of. He signed in Dallas to do just that. He left for money or he left because he didn't want to work for his $5 million.

BoneKrusher
08-28-2012, 05:09 PM
Anything to shit on Pioli, huh?

This shit about Orton being insulted to being a backup is the dumbest thing I've heard of. He signed in Dallas to do just that. He left for money or he left because he didn't want to work for his $5 million.

when he was picked up off waivers by KC it was three weeks before he got in a game, maybe he felt like Pioli and company shit on him, i dunno.

jd1020
08-28-2012, 05:11 PM
when he was picked up off waivers by KC it was three weeks before he got in a game, maybe he felt like Pioli and company shit on him, i dunno.

Yes. Pioli was the HC and chose not to start him...

BoneKrusher
08-28-2012, 05:12 PM
Yes. Pioli was the HC and chose not to start him...

i didnt say that, i said Pioli and Company. (meaning HC who's hired by Pioli)

Pasta Little Brioni
08-28-2012, 05:13 PM

That's not even true at all.

jd1020
08-28-2012, 05:16 PM
i didnt say that, i said Pioli and Company. (meaning HC who's hired by Pioli)

You mean the same HC that was fired by Pioli?

MoreLemonPledge
08-28-2012, 05:18 PM
http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/tebowbaby-600x501.jpg

BoneKrusher
08-28-2012, 05:21 PM
You mean the same HC that was fired by Pioli?

so Pioli didnt have the balls to walk up to Haley at Practice and tell Him to start Orton this week..

jd1020
08-28-2012, 05:25 PM
so Pioli didnt have the balls to walk up to Haley at Practice and tell Him to start Orton this week..

Pioli fired the dumbass and named Crennel the interim, who immediately named Orton the starter and dropped Palko to 3rd string.

Come up with something better to bash Pioli about. Trying to turn the Orton situation into a negative about Pioli isn't happening.

-King-
08-28-2012, 05:26 PM

You get stupider with every post.
Posted via Mobile Device

BoneKrusher
08-28-2012, 05:28 PM
Pioli fired the dumbass and named Crennel the interim, who immediately named Orton the starter and dropped Palko to 3rd string.

Come up with something better to bash Pioli about. Trying to turn the Orton situation into a negative about Pioli isn't happening.
IMO Pioli has turned the Negative shit towards himself by trading for the POS he calls a starter.

BoneKrusher
08-28-2012, 05:28 PM
You get stupider with every post.
Posted via Mobile Device

thanks for the update on my status.
who do you think you are, quicken loans?

jd1020
08-28-2012, 05:29 PM
IMO Pioli has turned the Negative shit towards himself by trading for the POS he calls a starter.

How that relates to Orton I have no idea.

BoneKrusher
08-28-2012, 05:31 PM
you said i wasn't turning the Orton situation into a negative on Pioli.

acesn8s
08-29-2012, 05:35 AM
Where in the hell is the Redman to KC thread?

New World Order
08-29-2012, 05:59 AM

Our team with Orton looked better than they did with Cassel. In the 5 days he practiced with us before playing his first game he had a better rating, threw for more ypg, and had a better record. That included having more wins against playoff teams as a Chief than Matt Cassel has had in his entire career here, and with more practice time one would think that Orton would of gotten better. But you want to settle for mediocrity.

Rausch
08-29-2012, 06:06 AM
Our team with Orton looked better than they did with Cassel. In the 5 days he practiced with us before playing his first game he had a better rating, threw for more ypg, and had a better record. That included having more wins against playoff teams as a Chief than Matt Cassel has had in his entire career here, and with more practice time one would think that Orton would of gotten better. But you want to settle for mediocrity.

Orton reminded me of Girlbac's last year: NFL arm with HS brain.

And keep in mind that Orton's stats were comparable to Ca$$hole's after changing teams mid year and breaking a finger. THEN a HC change.

He was productive enough there was even a legitimate argument to keep him on as a b/u. That alone is impressive.

And if you think Orton isn't better than both our QB's behind Ca$$hole and we couldn't afford to keep him I have a habanero soaked mace for your groin...

keg in kc
08-29-2012, 07:43 AM
It wouldn't make me upset. I'd just think it was fucking stupid.

Chiefnj2
08-29-2012, 07:51 AM
Our team with Orton looked better than they did with Cassel..

Lipstick on a pig. Points per game dropped precipitously over the 3 games he started. The only thing he did was move the ball a little more between the 30's and keep the D off the field. In the red zone Orton was bad.