PDA

View Full Version : Football Concern Growing in St Louie over Bradford

Deberg_1990
08-29-2012, 08:06 AM
Hmmmm

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/bernie-miklasz/bernie-bytes-concern-over-bradford/article_f9542d44-f058-11e1-9e8b-001a4bcf6878.html

Good morning, and I hope you all had a pleasant weekend. Big week ahead. The Cardinals play at Pittsburgh and Washington, the Rams get their final preseason game out of the way, and it’s the start of the college football season.

Here's my take on Sam Bradford and the Rams …

Bradford didn’t look good Saturday night in Dallas. And no, I don’t care that it was a preseason game. That’s irrelevant. You want to see certain things from a quarterback, and it doesn’t matter if he’s playing in a preseason game, regular season game, postseason game or pickup game.

The partial check list:

• Is he firm in the pocket? Bradford was awfully jumpy in Dallas. This is disturbing. It’s a continuation of what we saw from Bradford in 2011, when he clearly felt the effects of the frequent pummeling he took from opponents.

• Does he make quick decisions and get the ball out before the protection gives way? Bradford was tentative in Dallas; he often squeezed the rock instead of throwing it.

• Is he instinctive and sharp in being aware of his surroundings? Can he sense the rush? Bradford at times seemed oblivious against the Cowboys. You don’t see him stepping up in the pocket to find extra time to make a throw. You don’t see him making that side move to avoid trouble.

• When the protection holds up, and the quarterback has time to make a throw, is he accurate? Bradford had one terrible miss down the left sideline. He had plenty of time to make the connection, but overthrew an all-alone wide receiver.

I’m no Bradford basher.

If anything, I’m a Bradford apologist.

This organization has done little to help him, and that realization must be a significant part of the evaluation process.

The Rams have hardly put elite talent, or above-average talent, around Sam. And that's true even now, with a new GM and coach in place.

It’s bizarre to me, how Les Snead and head coach Jeff Fisher could take over this roster, see the team’s shaky assortment of offensive tackles, and do little to upgrade the position over the offseason.

Their big move was to sign Barry Richardson, who played horribly at OT in Kansas City the past few seasons. Richardson was exposed again Saturday night in Dallas.

Snead and Fisher also brought in a journeyman guard, Quinn Ojinnaka. The Rams cut Ojinnaka last summer, which should tell us all we need to know. He couldn’t make the 2011 Rams, and now he’s the solution at left guard? Really? Well, Ojinnaka whiffed on a block Saturday and Bradford got clobbered.

It’s bizarre to me, how the Rams still don’t have an established playmaking receiver in place. Saturday night in Dallas, a couple of the series in the red zone looked like video clips pulled from 2011. Bradford dropped back to pass, and waited and waited and waited. But no receiver could gain separation, and get open. They were laughably easy to cover.

Yes, I know they have potential playmakers in rookies Brian Quick and Chris Givens. They could develop into terrific wide receivers, but I’ll have to see it first. Too many young WRs drafted early become busts in this league.

All I know for sure is this: the 2011 Rams had one of the sorriest group of receivers to ever line up for an NFL team. (That’s minus Danny Amendola, who was injured in the regular-season opener and lost for the season.) But here we are, nearly a year later, and no one has beaten out Brandon Gibson for a starting job. That may still happen; we’ll see.

But rookies Quick and Givens didn't get any time with the No. 1s Saturday. The coaches took a different approach with the rookie RBs, giving Isaiah Pead and Daryl Washington plenty of action, and with the 1st unit. So why wouldn't the coaches give the same opportunity to the rookie wide receivers?

If you have a thin group of receivers and use the No. 33 overall pick on a wide receiver, shouldn’t he be able to prevail over nondescript wideouts and quickly earn considerable playing time, or a starting job? It’s not as if Quick is being asked to edge out Torry Holt or Isaac Bruce, circa 2001, for playing time.

If the Snead-Fisher wide receivers can't displace the Billy Devaney and Steve Spagnuolo wide receivers, it's cause for disappointment. To put it mildly.

I know Quick lacks experience. I know he’s making the big leap to the NFL from Appalachian State. He needs time to develop, and all of that.

Frankly, I don’t want to hear it.

The Rams hyped Quick when they drafted him. They raised expectations. If Quick was coming here as a project, then the Rams should have told us that up front instead of acting as if they’d just discovered the new Andre Reed — the fourth-round pick from Kutztown State who became a Hall of Fame caliber receiver for the Buffalo Bills.

(By the way: I thought Quick showed real toughness in returning to Saturday's game after taking a massive hit, and pulling in a 39-yard catch. That's a positive sign. So here's an idea: PLAY HIM.)

So when I view Bradford’s play, I always try to keep in mind that he’s being asked to succeed with mediocrity at OT, and at wide receiver.

That’s a separate issue for now.

Back to Sam Bradford.

When you see Bradford display the obvious signs of Battered Quarterback Syndrome, it’s a concern. Because when a QB is rattled in the pocket, and unable to handle the oncoming pressure, you could line up Jerry Rice and Raymond Berry at WR and it wouldn't make a difference. If Bradford is going to get antsy as soon as he takes a hit, it's going to be a long year. Sure, the Rams need to do a better job of protecting him, and they're clearly going to have to rely on the running game. But this is a tough game, and QBs have to deal with a lot of adversity and pain. The best quarterbacks don't rise above it every time, but they usually maintain their composure and confidence. This is a big year for Sam. I'm not looking for negatives, but some of this stuff can't be ignored.

Thanks for reading ...

Reerun_KC
08-29-2012, 08:08 AM
He isnt a franchise QB, because he doesnt have talent around him /CP

Reerun_KC
08-29-2012, 08:09 AM
or.... He is a franchise QB but he cant win without talent... /CP

58-4ever
He looked pretty good during preseason game 2.

htismaqe
Looks like Bradford might be suffering from David Carr Syndrome.

htismaqe
He looked pretty good during preseason game 2.

2012: Return of the Career Day _efense

Chiefnj2
08-29-2012, 08:11 AM
Young pocket QB with no WRs and poor OL = recipe for disaster.

King_Chief_Fan
08-29-2012, 08:11 AM
let's make a swap........Cassel, Quinn and Stanzi for Bradford.
let's see how he works out.

Reerun_KC
08-29-2012, 08:12 AM
Young pocket QB with no WRs and poor OL = recipe for disaster.

But doesnt a franchise QB make those around him better? Including OL and WR play?

JD10367
08-29-2012, 08:13 AM
A jumpy rattled Bradford with crap talent around him > a calm poised Cassel with talent around him

BoneKrusher
well well well.

there goes the theory of must draft a top 5 QB to win the super bowl.

Frazod
Fuck that Okie turd.

suds79

They should try to build an all-star lineup on offense around him to see if he's any good. It'll only help him and maybe in about 5-6 years they'll know if he's their guy or not.... /CP

58-4ever
08-29-2012, 08:15 AM
**** that Okie turd.

Coming from the bitter Mizzou fan. **** the SEC.

Deberg_1990
08-29-2012, 08:15 AM
But doesnt a franchise QB make those around him better? Including OL and WR play?

Yes.

Who was the last really good/successful QB in the NFL from the Big 12?

the Talking Can
08-29-2012, 08:17 AM
But no receiver could gain separation, and get open. They were laughably easy to cover.

htismaqe
08-29-2012, 08:17 AM

Gravitating to extremes only makes you look dumb, dude.

Average players can be elevated by a great QB and conversely, they can be made worse by a terrible QB.

But you can't expect any QB to make chicken salad out of chicken shit. You can't surround him with terrible players and expect anything but terrible...

Better than "bad" does not equal "good".

milkman
08-29-2012, 08:18 AM

The difference between Carr and Bradford is that Bradford has shown an ability to make reads and go through his progressions.

When we were arguing about Bradford in the draft when we thought he would be coming out as a junior, I believed that he could be successful in the right situation.

I don't believe that the Rams are that situation as the team is constructed today.

Bradford has the talent to be a top flight game manager, but you do have to provide him with protection, because he lacks mobility.

tredadda
08-29-2012, 08:18 AM

To a point. The best can polish turds, but these are more seasoned QBs. Young QBs struggle when all the offensive talent around him is subpar.

htismaqe
08-29-2012, 08:20 AM
To a point. The best can polish turds, but these are more seasoned QBs. Young QBs struggle when all the offensive talent around him is subpar.

Even the greatest need SOMETHING to work with.

Chiefnj2
08-29-2012, 08:20 AM
In my world the Rams could have had Bowe a first and second this year and next for their first round pick.

They could have ended up with Bowe, Floyd, Schwartz and Allen. Solidified WR and OL. Screw them.

Reerun_KC
08-29-2012, 08:24 AM
**** that Okie turd.

You excited for the release of your new country song tomorrow... "Busting in"was such a hit...

Pasta Little Brioni
08-29-2012, 08:26 AM

It changes so much depending on if they wanted the guy in the draft or not. The rules around here for QB's aren't exactly static.

Yes, a "franchise QB" raises the play of his teammates.

notorious
08-29-2012, 08:28 AM
Yes.

Who was the last really good/successful QB in the NFL from the Big 12?

Since the 12 mostly went to a spread offense, the QB's have been shit.

Just say NO!

durtyrute
08-29-2012, 08:30 AM
"but, but, but.......he's a first round QB"

Pasta Little Brioni
08-29-2012, 08:30 AM
Steele Jantz to the rescue!!!/clone homer

Reerun_KC
08-29-2012, 08:34 AM
Gravitating to extremes only makes you look dumb, dude.

Average players can be elevated by a great QB and conversely, they can be made worse by a terrible QB.

But you can't expect any QB to make chicken salad out of chicken shit. You can't surround him with terrible players and expect anything but terrible...

Better than "bad" does not equal "good".

You are looking way to deep into the sarcasm here buddy.

Reerun_KC
08-29-2012, 08:35 AM
It changes so much depending on if they wanted the guy in the draft or not. The rules around here for QB's aren't exactly static.

:clap:

htismaqe
08-29-2012, 08:35 AM
You are looking way to deep into the sarcasm here buddy.

It's not sarcasm, it's deliberate contrarianism (is that even a word?).

It USED to be cute...

:D

Frazod
08-29-2012, 08:38 AM
Coming from the bitter Mizzou fan. **** the SEC.

Better yet, fuck you. Go find a Thunder board to post on you piece of shit.

kepp
08-29-2012, 08:41 AM

Question...meet Answer

Chiefshrink
08-29-2012, 08:43 AM
let's make a swap........Cassel, Quinn and Stanzi for Bradford.
let's see how he works out.

with a legit O-line !!! Bradford anyday over Cassel:clap:

58-4ever
08-29-2012, 08:45 AM
Better yet, **** you. Go find a Thunder board to post on you piece of shit.

Your team has never won anything. No need to take it out on me.

Reerun_KC
08-29-2012, 08:47 AM

I call BS on this... They won this http://www.columbiatribune.com/news/2012/jan/31/unfortunately-we-are-mizzou/

Ace Gunner
08-29-2012, 08:48 AM
meh, bottom line Bradford got eaten up by a good Dallas defense. The Rams suck, this dude needs to give the new staff a few seasons to build before he hits the panic button.

Frazod
08-29-2012, 08:48 AM

So how does it feel to be the second best team in the shittiest state in the country?

58-4ever
08-29-2012, 08:51 AM
So how does it feel to be the second best team in the shittiest state in the country?

The all time record is 79-17-7. Not sure that qualifies as second best. But I'm not sure a Mizzou fan wants to look at history, right? Because again, you've never won ANYTHING. EVER. LOSER.

Reerun_KC
08-29-2012, 08:51 AM

:eek: You are goofy.

HEY WAIT, I thought you hated Kansas more than Oklahoma...

You flip flopping bastard.

Frazod
08-29-2012, 08:53 AM
The all time record is 79-17-7. Not sure that qualifies as second best. But I'm not sure a Mizzou fan wants to look at history, right? Because again, you've never won ANYTHING. EVER. LOSER.

I guess that'll give you something to feel proud about while you're fucking your sister behind the trailer later.

58-4ever
08-29-2012, 08:55 AM
I guess that'll give you something to feel proud about while you're ****ing your sister behind the trailer later.

Good one. You're wrong, so you pull one out about incest. Way to deflect from the fact that you're a loser, and your college (where you probably never attended) is full of losers.

Frazod
08-29-2012, 08:58 AM
Good one. You're wrong, so you pull one out about incest. Way to deflect from the fact that you're a loser, and your college (where you probably never attended) is full of losers.

That's okay. Your whole fucking white trash welfare capital of the world state is full of losers. And no football team will change that.

Reerun_KC
08-29-2012, 09:04 AM
That's okay. Your whole ****ing white trash welfare capital of the world state is full of losers. And no football team will change that.

Thats pretty good, but at least you got Meth... Thats something to be proud of.

58-4ever
08-29-2012, 09:06 AM
That's okay. Your whole ****ing white trash welfare capital of the world state is full of losers. And no football team will change that.

You ignorance knows no bounds. You are the biggest internet tough guy around here. I have debunked every argument you've had so you resort to name calling and incest jokes. Get as mad as you want, but it won't change your miserable loser life.

notorious
08-29-2012, 09:07 AM
A conference battle grows in a thread started about a former Big 12 QB.

CP kick ass! LMAO

Frazod
08-29-2012, 09:17 AM
You ignorance knows no bounds. You are the biggest internet tough guy around here. I have debunked every argument you've had so you resort to name calling and incest jokes. Get as mad as you want, but it won't change your miserable loser life.

Boo hoo, pussy. And what have you debunked? This is a thread about a shitty overrated quarterback playing for a pro team in a state that actually rates pro teams. I called him an okie because that's where he's from. You're the one who got all butthurt over it. Boring day out in the wasteland, I take it? Miserable loser life indeed.

And incest is no joke. You really should give your poor sister a rest. She already spends enough time on her back as it is.

beach tribe
08-29-2012, 09:23 AM
So the guy says that Bradford holds the ball, and then says the receivers are laughably easy to cover....uhhhh. Ok.
I'm sorry, I'm no Bradford fan, but people who think that a QB will look like anything other than shit with absolutely zero talent around him are just wrong. He has no line, and no one who can get open. He's gonna look like shit.
I am shocked that someone would sign Richardson and ask him to protect your #1 overall pick.

Reerun_KC
08-29-2012, 09:27 AM
Boo hoo, pussy. And what have you debunked? This is a thread about a shitty overrated quarterback playing for a pro team in a state that actually rates pro teams. I called him an okie because that's where he's from. You're the one who got all butthurt over it. Boring day out in the wasteland, I take it? Miserable loser life indeed.

And incest is no joke. You really should give your poor sister a rest. She already spends enough time on her back as it is.

Actually Bro, I think 58-4ever lives in KC, MO... so you might be onto something there?

beach tribe
08-29-2012, 09:27 AM

This is true, but a franchise QB may never even be considered a franchise QB if his team makes him look like total garbage. You still need talented players. Every QB who is/has been considered great has/has had them. There are only a handfull of QBs who ever played who could truly make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

Ming the Merciless
08-29-2012, 09:31 AM

He isnt a franchise Qb because he doesnt elevate the play of those around himto a HOF level

plus he isn't clutch

how many 4th quarter come backs with less than2 mins left when down by21 does he have?????????/

Rausch
08-29-2012, 09:36 AM
:eek: You are goofy.

HEY WAIT, I thought you hated Kansas more than Oklahoma...

You flip flopping bastard.

That's like picking between your mother in law or sister in law.

58-4ever
08-29-2012, 09:43 AM
That's like picking between your mother in law or sister in law.

Unless you are Lamar Odom. In his case, I'd take either one over my wife.

Chief Faithful
08-29-2012, 09:44 AM

By mid-year he will be on IR suffering from Barry Richardson Syndrome.

BoneKrusher
08-29-2012, 09:55 AM
I am shocked that someone would sign Richardson and ask him to protect your #1 overall pick.

great point.

Mr. Laz
08-29-2012, 10:00 AM
He isnt a franchise QB, because he doesnt have talent around him /CP
a REAL franchise QB doesn't need any talent around him, he can carry the whole game by himself /Drafturbator

Pasta Little Brioni
08-29-2012, 10:11 AM
a REAL franchise QB doesn't need any talent around him, he can carry the whole game by himself /Drafturbator

*Except for someone like Sanchez we have to make excuses for

L.A. Chieffan
08-29-2012, 10:15 AM
He looked pretty good against us.

Rausch
08-29-2012, 10:15 AM
Unless you are Lamar Odom. In his case, I'd take either one over my wife.

Wow.

I could take this one in more directions than the Wonka-vator...

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/10892923.jpg

tecumseh
08-29-2012, 10:34 AM
Bradford will have left the team or will be irreparably broke before the rams solidify their fecal matter. The richardson pickup tells me all I need to know.

BossChief
08-29-2012, 12:10 PM
I'd give em Cassel and a first for SB right now.

BoneKrusher
08-29-2012, 02:27 PM

yeah same here, i'd like to see him in red and gold.

durtyrute
08-29-2012, 02:54 PM

THis

Pasta Little Brioni
08-29-2012, 03:05 PM
Fish will have him churning out 8-8's in no time...

Molitoth
08-29-2012, 03:12 PM
The word "Franchise" QB really disturbs me.

Either the QB is Bad < Mediocre < Good.

Cassel is somewhere in between Bad and Mediocre.
Bradford is Mediocre.

The only "Franchise" person on the team is the owner, because he owns the fucking franchise.

Deberg_1990
08-29-2012, 03:39 PM
The word "Franchise" QB really disturbs me.

Its just another term for a Top Tier QB whos won some hardware.

Both Mannings
Brees
Brady
Roethlisberger

HemiEd
08-29-2012, 04:05 PM
A jumpy rattled Bradford with crap talent around him > a calm poised Cassel with talent around him

What is a calm poised Cassel? Where do you get one of those?

TEX
08-29-2012, 04:21 PM
LOL! He looked GREAT against the Chiefs! :shake:

Mr. Laz
08-29-2012, 05:31 PM
LOL! He looked GREAT against the Chiefs! :shake:
our defense has looked like complete shit

Jalil Brown has looked absolutely william bartee-ish in coverage

whoman69
08-29-2012, 05:37 PM
I will be pissed as hell if the Rams jettison Bradford after this year and are in a better situation to draft a QB than the Chiefs.

jd1020
08-29-2012, 05:41 PM
I will be pissed as hell if the Rams jettison Bradford after this year and are in a better situation to draft a QB than the Chiefs.

Why? Because they would have drafted a bust #1 overall 3 years ago?

If you want to be pissed about anyone be pissed about the Colts who the Chiefs couldn't beat in the playoffs and went from Manning to Luck.

Rams Fan
08-29-2012, 05:46 PM
Miklasz is one of the biggest flip floppers out there. He never tries to take a side on an issue until more people then not take that side.

In 2 months, if Bradford is playing at an amazing level, he'll likely change his mind.

Rams Fan
08-29-2012, 05:48 PM
The line should at least be better on paper. Dahl, Wells, Saffold(as well as a rookie who I think should start, Watkins) are all studs. Shit, they could put the backup C at RG, move Dahl to RT and this wouldn't be a fucking problem.

Rams Fan
08-29-2012, 05:48 PM

Until 2010, the Rams had not taken a QB in the 1st round since the fucking '60s.

DTLB58
08-29-2012, 06:51 PM
I'd make that trade in a heart beat.

Titty Meat
08-29-2012, 06:59 PM
Lots of people on here love Bradford not sure why. Sure he completed 60% of his passes the first year but he averaged less than 6 yards a completion.

Mr. Laz
08-29-2012, 07:01 PM
I will be pissed as hell no matter what.
FYP

jd1020
08-29-2012, 07:01 PM
Lots of people on here love Bradford not sure why. Sure he completed 60% of his passes the first year but he averaged less than 6 yards a completion.

Because he was a #1 overall pick. Guaranteed to be a franchise QB.

O.city
08-29-2012, 07:02 PM
I like Bradford alot, he hasn't had many weapons during his time in STL and has gotten knocked around quite a bit.

But on the whole franchise qb stuff, there are about 2 or 3 QB's in the league that can take shit around them and turn it to gold. And that's stretching it.

whoman69
08-29-2012, 07:47 PM
Why? Because they would have drafted a bust #1 overall 3 years ago?

If you want to be pissed about anyone be pissed about the Colts who the Chiefs couldn't beat in the playoffs and went from Manning to Luck.

That was at least a few years apart.

TEX
08-29-2012, 07:55 PM
our defense has looked like complete shit

Jalil Brown has looked absolutely william bartee-ish in coverage

Yep but worse. I bet Brown doesn't play in the NFL as long as Bartee did.

O.city
08-29-2012, 07:57 PM
Brown seems to suck, but Carr sucked at first so there is some hope. NOt much though.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-29-2012, 07:58 PM
I seem to remember people wanting Carr cut for a while. May be a bit off on that, but I remember him getting slammed in the not so distant past.

Not willing to throw the kid away just yet.

DeezNutz
08-29-2012, 07:59 PM
Brown seems to suck, but Carr sucked at first so there is some hope. NOt much though.

Carr didn't suck at first.

Yes, he progressed and improved. But many blamed him for breakdowns that were not his fault, merely the consequence of playing in the secondary with Touchdown Brown.

DeezNutz
08-29-2012, 08:00 PM
I seem to remember people wanting Carr cut for a while. May be a bit off on that, but I remember him getting slammed in the not so distant past.

Not willing to throw the kid away just yet.

And these people were incredibly misguided.

One instance that comes to mind is the Denver game in Denver when Brown showed his ass to the entire country, and some blamed Carr.

BoneKrusher
08-29-2012, 08:00 PM
Carr didn't suck at first.

Yes, he progressed and improved. But many blamed him for breakdowns that were not his fault, merely the consequence of playing in the secondary with Touchdown Brown.

yep, as the pass rush came around with Hali our corners looked much better.

O.city
08-29-2012, 08:01 PM
The Giants got by with their 4 and 5 best corners at points during last season, because they could knock the shit out of the QB.

If we can't rush the qb, especially against this schedule, it won't hardly matter who's playing CB.

BoneKrusher
08-29-2012, 08:03 PM
The Giants got by with their 4 and 5 best corners at points during last season, because they could knock the shit out of the QB.

If we can't rush the qb, especially against this schedule, it won't hardly matter who's playing CB.

agreed.
Pass Rush is key.

O.city
08-29-2012, 08:08 PM
Yes, rushing the passer is the key, which is why I'm not a huge fan of the 2gap 34.

Nightfyre
08-29-2012, 08:09 PM
Yes, rushing the passer is the key, which is why I'm not a huge fan of the 2gap 34.

A WHOLE LOTTA THIS.

BoneKrusher
08-29-2012, 08:15 PM

yep, fuck the Read and react shit, put the QB on his ass and he cant beat you..

O.city
08-29-2012, 08:17 PM
The read and react 34 is a great defense if you have the skilled guys to do it. We aren't there yet. I think guys are getting better but it just isn't there yet.

BoneKrusher
08-29-2012, 08:20 PM
The read and react 34 is a great defense if you have the skilled guys to do it. We aren't there yet. I think guys are getting better but it just isn't there yet.
yeah, agreed about the skilled players.
this will be year four of the 34 defense, how long will it take?

Nightfyre
08-29-2012, 08:22 PM
I think read and react defense is getting destroyed by QBs who dissect defenses and the pro-passing NFL rules.

BoneKrusher
08-29-2012, 08:25 PM
I think read and react defense is getting destroyed by QBs who dissect defenses and the pro-passing NFL rules.

i'd say you're probably right.

Titty Meat
08-29-2012, 09:14 PM
And these people were incredibly misguided.

One instance that comes to mind is the Denver game in Denver when Brown showed his ass to the entire country, and some blamed Carr.

Dude please rewatch that game Carr gets torched.

Canofbier
08-30-2012, 06:08 PM
At this point in the preseason game, Bradford is 11/16 for 175 yards and 3 TDs.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-30-2012, 06:27 PM
Are Ravens fans jumping off bridges yet?

notorious
08-30-2012, 06:42 PM
Are Ravens fans jumping off bridges yet?

Are you making a joke about Ed Reed's brother?

Pasta Little Brioni
08-30-2012, 06:43 PM
Are you making a joke about Ed Reed's brother?

Oh snap :)

notorious
08-30-2012, 06:44 PM
Oh snap :)

I couldn't help it. :D

whoman69
08-30-2012, 07:05 PM

Its going to be a problem in our base defense but in our subpackages, doesn't matter. We are going to be seeing a lot of teams that will pass against our base on 1st and 2nd downs.

Deberg_1990
12-16-2012, 01:35 PM
So what's your take on Bradford so far? I wouldn't say he's a complete bust...but perhaps a disappointment.

StcChief
12-16-2012, 01:47 PM
nothing that a move to LA won't fix...tired of their lame dome crap.

Bump
12-16-2012, 02:12 PM
Bradford is looking to be a bust.

Deberg_1990
12-16-2012, 02:14 PM
Bradford is looking to be a bust.

Like I said, I wouldn't say a complete bust.....but he doesn't do any one thing well.

Maybe he will be a late bloomer.....but he was certainly drafted way to high.

Brock
12-16-2012, 02:15 PM
shit offensive talent

cyborgtable
12-16-2012, 02:15 PM
Shit coordinator isn't helping either

Ebolapox
12-16-2012, 02:27 PM
I didn't like him coming out, and I haven't been given any evidence that I was wrong so far.

TribalElder
12-16-2012, 02:28 PM
Maybe after he has 10 seasons he will pull an Alex smith

Deberg_1990
12-16-2012, 02:31 PM
Maybe after he has 10 seasons he will pull an Alex smith

Heh, it's sort of looking like that's going to be his upside.

Deberg_1990
09-26-2013, 10:32 PM
Bust??

Rams Fan
09-26-2013, 10:35 PM
Bust??

Tell me another QB that inherited a team that won 6 games in the previous 3 seasons combined as well as being apart of a team that won 15 games in 5 seasons(a NFL worst).

While he might never live up to his status as a #1 pick, he was set up to fail from the start.

ViperVisor
09-26-2013, 10:36 PM
This is 10th time Sam Bradford threw 35+ passes & averaged < than 5 yards per pass. That's more than twice as many as any other QB since '10

Alex Smith short stuff is at least designed and he hits the read quick. Bradford seems to get it to guys right as the defense is closing.

DaneMcCloud
09-26-2013, 11:25 PM
Tell me another QB that inherited a team that won 6 games in the previous 3 seasons combined as well as being apart of a team that won 15 games in 5 seasons(a NFL worst).

While he might never live up to his status as a #1 pick, he was set up to fail from the start.

He wasn't "set up to fail".

He blows.

Period, end of story.

Two-Twenty
09-26-2013, 11:27 PM
So many inaccurate balls thrown tonight including a wide open receiver missed for TD; and accuracy was supposed to be his strong point. So...

DaneMcCloud
09-26-2013, 11:30 PM

The good thing is that the Rams have two number one picks next year, both of which will likely be in the top 15, if not top ten (or even top five).

The Rams will be able to choose a QB and a left tackle and probably nab a studly receiver at the top of round 2.

All hope is not lost.

RealSNR
09-26-2013, 11:41 PM

Does it matter if the cookie jar was a rare and precious antique or a piece of shit that made all the cookies taste like fish?

A bunch of NFL defensive ends got past the home security system built by the Jason Smith Company, invaded the kitchen, dropped the cookie jar on the floor, and shattered it.

Regardless of what kind of cookie jar it was, it's now broken. It's now an unsuitable vessel for storing cookies and will eventually need to be replaced if all the little Rams fan boys and girls of the St. Louis area ever want to have not-a-terrible-football-team chip cookies again.

Ragged Robin
09-26-2013, 11:47 PM
From tonight's performance, Bradford just looks like a rookie out there. He's not accurate and makes poor decisions. He was also lucky he didn't have 3-4 INTs on the day.

BWillie
09-27-2013, 12:20 AM
If I was a Ram fan I would have had concerns right when they drafted the guy. He clearly wasnt going to amount to jack squat except for being a mighty fabulous Edmond, OK car dealership owner.

MahiMike
09-27-2013, 08:28 AM
Missed wide open guys last night. Rams shoulda been up at halftime. Add him to list of guys not named Andrew Luck.

Titty Meat
09-27-2013, 09:11 AM
Bradford was a guy people wanted to trade for on here.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-27-2013, 12:10 PM
He should have taken the job running several Alamo Freezes

gblowfish
09-27-2013, 12:20 PM
And yet, St. Louis has won the super bowl more recently than we have.

God I am depressed....

philfree
09-27-2013, 12:28 PM

God I am depressed....

They won with an UDFA QB and then they drafted a QB #1 some years later :hmmm: Well at least they're in a ten year window to win another.

Nightfyre
09-27-2013, 01:32 PM
Bradford has been ruined. He was better coming out of college than he is today.

jspchief
09-27-2013, 01:36 PM

I don't remember him being very popular here.

Eleazar
09-27-2013, 01:56 PM
Bradford is the poster boy for "just draft a QB in the 1st, any QB in the 1st"

Garcia Bronco
09-27-2013, 01:57 PM
There should have been concern before he was drafted. It was clear in college that he was average and often injured.

tecumseh
09-27-2013, 01:57 PM
Bradford has been stinking it up so far this year and for what ever reason, he stays within the confines of the Rams failing offensive system. It time he just goes full on Farve and takes some shots. If the O-line can't block and the O coordinator can't adjust, stay healthy, have fun until you can get the hell out of there.

mcaj22
09-27-2013, 02:44 PM
a QB that runs the spread/hurry up offense forced to play in a run first Martyball conservative check down offense with NO talented RB and just a bunch of no namers to hand the ball off to.

No wonder he has no chance

Titty Meat
09-27-2013, 02:48 PM
a QB that runs the spread/hurry up offense forced to play in a run first Martyball conservative check down offense with NO talented RB and just a bunch of no namers to hand the ball off to.

If only you made the same excuses for our shitty qbs

Bowser
09-27-2013, 04:17 PM

Just say no to Oklahoma quarterbacks. And USC QB's as well, while we're at it.

CoMoChief
09-27-2013, 04:24 PM
STL has improved in terms of personnel during Fisher's time there already.

Time for them to cut their losses w/ Bradford. Or better yet, trade him to OAK. They'll give STL 2 first rd picks for him.

mcaj22
09-27-2013, 04:42 PM
If only you made the same excuses for our shitty qbs

There is no excuses if the Rams have anything close to a Jamaal Charles or Dwayne Bowe on their team

but they do not lol

CaliforniaChief
09-27-2013, 05:12 PM
http://d3fsqtc6sy2z27.cloudfront.net/uploads/40288056b48279d7c1c4caf776e39ea8_large

RealSNR
09-27-2013, 05:12 PM
Bradford is the poster boy for "just draft a QB in the 1st, any QB in the 1st"

No, Bradford is the poster boy for "sometimes 1st round QBs wind up being busts through whatever circumstances took place."

I don't remember anybody in draft media chastising the Rams for going with Bradford. I DO, however, remember tons of hemming and hawing over the Falcons taking Matt Ryan and the Panthers taking Cam Newton.

Aren't THEY poster boys for "just take a QB in the 1st, any QB"? Of course not. Because they're successful QBs, and that wouldn't fit in with your dumbass narrative.

Deberg_1990
09-27-2013, 05:21 PM
No, Bradford is the poster boy for "sometimes 1st round QBs wind up being busts through whatever circumstances took place."

I don't remember anybody in draft media chastising the Rams for going with Bradford. I DO, however, remember tons of hemming and hawing over the Falcons taking Matt Ryan and the Panthers taking Cam Newton.

Aren't THEY poster boys for "just take a QB in the 1st, any QB"? Of course not. Because they're successful QBs, and that wouldn't fit in with your dumbass narrative.

Hes the poster boy for why alot of teams are scared to take chances and draft a QB high. You are basically handcuffed for 4 seasons no matter how good, bad or mediocre he is.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-27-2013, 05:36 PM
Stl doesn't care about football anyway

Fairplay
09-27-2013, 05:55 PM

God I am depressed....

I think about teams like the lambs and cardinals teams that are normally shitty manage to get a SB ring instead of us also.

It sucks.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
09-27-2013, 05:57 PM
Sam Bradford? Not my problem. Josh Freeman? Not my problem
Alex Smith? Not a problem, though concerned...

Red Dawg
09-27-2013, 06:17 PM
Concern over Bradford? Ya think? That team stinks in a lot of ways. He may be good but we may never find out as long as he is with them.

Cannibal
09-27-2013, 06:21 PM

This is a lot of bullshit right here. The dude can complete passes to open receivers or he can't. Apparently, this cunt can't.

DaneMcCloud
09-27-2013, 06:26 PM
This is a lot of bullshit right here. The dude can complete passes to open receivers or he can't. Apparently, this cunt can't.

LMAO

:thumb:

Thig Lyfe
09-27-2013, 07:43 PM
He should have taken the job running several Alamo Freezes

But The Sam got to be The Sam!!!

Pasta Little Brioni
09-27-2013, 07:44 PM
TTQB1STLR?

Pasta Little Brioni
09-27-2013, 07:45 PM
But The Sam got to be The Sam!!!

:clap:

Deberg_1990
09-27-2013, 07:55 PM
Sam Bradford? Not my problem. Josh Freeman? Not my problem
Alex Smith? Not a problem, though concerned...

Wut? Concerned that he's winning?
Posted via Mobile Device

Tombstone RJ
09-27-2013, 08:02 PM
I'm not sure what to think of Bradford. He's got an arm, he's a big strong QB, he can evade the sacks (relatively mobile) and yet he still doesn't appear to be a franchise QB.

Supposedly the Rams will resign him. Supposedly Fisher believes in him.

Hey, if you are gonna error, error on the side of not giving up too soon an a #1 overall pick QB, right? I mean, Bradford has the tools. But when I watch him I sometimes just scratch my head and go wtf?

Rams Fan
09-27-2013, 08:31 PM
There should have been concern before he was drafted. It was clear in college that he was average and often injured.

He missed 6 games in 2011 due to a high ankle injury. Aside from that-knock on wood- he's been pretty durable and hasn't missed a start except for those 6 games.

Thig Lyfe
09-28-2013, 09:29 PM
TTQB1STLR?

OMG!!!