PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Which QB in the 2013 draft class are you most intrigued by?

Chiefs Pantalones
08-30-2012, 11:24 AM
The class is projected to be deep. Who do you like? Jones, Bray, Barkley, Wilson, Thomas? A sleeper?

Love you.

Reerun_KC
08-30-2012, 11:26 AM
Barkley....

Foles and Cousin where my two favs last year....

In58men
08-30-2012, 11:27 AM
Bray
Barkley
Wilson

KCrockaholic
08-30-2012, 11:28 AM
You left out Aaron Murray.

He's short, but he's a player.

lcarus
Barkley. I don't care for Landry Jones at all.

Reerun_KC
God FUCK NO TO Laundry Jones...

horrible atrocious QB play...

Frosty
08-30-2012, 11:29 AM
Anyone but Barkley or Jones, please.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-30-2012, 11:31 AM
Barkley....

Foles and Cousin where my two favs last year....

Wilson and Barkley are mine. It's going to be interesting seeing how Wilson will do with everything that has gone down in Arkansas. I'm not paying attention to the USC curse with Barkley. Bray has the physical tools but has maturity issues and may need another year depending on 2012. Thomas is someone to keep an eye on this year to see if he can improve as a pocket passer as he looks to run first, IMO. Deeeeepppppp class.

lcarus
God FUCK NO TO Laundry Jones...

horrible atrocious QB play...

Agreed on that one. He's good in OU's system, but I don't know how well he'd translate to the NFL.

KCrockaholic
Anyone but Barkley or Jones, please.

This.

And it's not because I hate Barkley. Barkley is a great looking QB, I like everything about him. But if you're superstitious in the slightest, then you wont want Barkley.

Black Bob
08-30-2012, 11:32 AM
You left out Aaron Murray.

He's short, but he's a player.

I agree and gotta go with my UGA Dawg. He's not too small imo. He's 6' 1" 210 lbs. The dude had 35 TDs and 3,000+ yards in the SEC last year. He will be better this year.

RustShack
08-30-2012, 11:33 AM
Sleeper- Steele Jantz

jd1020
08-30-2012, 11:33 AM
Logan Thomas
Geno Smith
Landry Jones
EJ Manuel

I don't give a shit what people say and Landry Jones. He's got what you look for. He just needs to put it all together. He didn't look good after Broyles went down. Lets see how he looks this year.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-30-2012, 11:34 AM
I agree and gotta go with my UGA Dawg. He's not too small imo. He's 6' 1" 210 lbs. The dude had 35 TDs and 3,000+ yards in the SEC last year. He will be better this year.

He's getting lots of Drew Brees rebuttals when talking about his height.

Saul Good
08-30-2012, 11:37 AM

Stafford isn't tall, either.

Bewbies
08-30-2012, 11:38 AM
Tyler Bray and Geno Smith.

I hope Murray has a huge season mostly cause I want the Dawgs to do well.

Reerun_KC
Logan Thomas
Geno Smith
Landry Jones
EJ Manuel

I don't give a shit what people say and Landry Jones. He's got what you look for. He just needs to put it all together. He didn't look good after Broyles went down. Lets see how he looks this year.

If you like Jones, than you would have to absolutely love Matt Cassel... Jones is just a younger Cassel...

jd1020
If you like Jones, than you would have to absolutely love Matt Cassel... Jones is just a younger Cassel...

Except Jones has an arm and not a career college backup. So you are wrong.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-30-2012, 11:39 AM
You know, with the NFL being dependent on whether or not you have a franchise QB, I wouldn't be surprised if teams start drafting them based on potential rather than production, NBA style. I'm not saying they don't do that already, I mean every player just has potential when they're drafted. It's a crapshoot no matter what. But I think teams will start taking flyers on guys that may have not had the best season but they have the "look" of a possible future star and then put them in earlier than usual.

Black Bob
08-30-2012, 11:40 AM

I hear you but, I liked Russell Wilson last year. If a guy can play, a guy can play imo. I remember seeing an interview with Wislon and he was asked about seeing over the o-line. His response was in the form of a question. He said, "how many offensive linemen has Wisconsin put in the NFL in my time there?"

BigMeatballDave
08-30-2012, 11:40 AM

I'm not crazy about Jones, but that is a HORRIBLE comparison.

Jones is accurate and can throw downfield.

BigMeatballDave
08-30-2012, 11:41 AM
I like Wilson

Saul Good
08-30-2012, 11:41 AM
Glennon out of NC State could shoot up the charts.

6'4 230, runs a 4.8 40, and he was an absolute monster towards the end of last season. He will be taken in the first or second.

Black Bob
08-30-2012, 11:42 AM
You know, with the NFL being dependent on whether or not you have a franchise QB, I wouldn't be surprised if teams start drafting them based on potential rather than production, NBA style. I'm not saying they don't do that already, I mean every player just has potential when they're drafted. It's a crapshoot no matter what. But I think teams will start taking flyers on guys that may have not had the best season but they have the "look" of a possible future star and then put them in earlier than usual.

Good post and I agree. I think they will and they have. I think they did this year with Tannehill and Weeden. Most years, those guys would go much later imo. I think we will see it for two reasons.

1. Like you said. it's a quarterback driven league.

2. The rookie salary cap. Rookies are much cheaper now. Especially quarterbacks.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-30-2012, 11:42 AM
I hear you but, I liked Russell Wilson last year. If a guy can play, a guy can play imo. I remember seeing an interview with Wislon and he was asked about seeing over the o-line. His response was in the form of a question. He said, "how many offensive linemen has Wisconsin put in the NFL in my time there?"

I'm not saying that's a bad thing, that's a good thing for him. If you're a surgeon out there it doesn't matter how tall you are.

Frosty
08-30-2012, 11:43 AM
This.

And it's not because I hate Barkley. Barkley is a great looking QB, I like everything about him. But if you're superstitious in the slightest, then you wont want Barkley.

I don't like Barkley. I've seen him play a lot and he just seems like RoboQB. He plays on a stacked team where all he has to do is stand all day behind a great line and heave the ball to a wide open Woods. He doesn't really have to make plays because they are just there. I think you could stick any reasonably competent QB on that team and they would look great.

SDChiefs
08-30-2012, 11:44 AM

But can he put his hat on? That is the million dollar question.

Great Expectations
08-30-2012, 11:45 AM
I like Geno Smith. Landry has the work ethic you want, if he takes a big step forward after his work with Whitfield everyone should take notice.

farmerchief
08-30-2012, 11:46 AM
You mean like Pioli did with Stanzi?:rolleyes:

Chiefs Pantalones
08-30-2012, 11:48 AM
Good post and I agree. I think they will and they have. I think they did this year with Tannehill and Weeden. Most years, those guys would go much later imo. I think we will see it for two reasons.

1. Like you said. it's a quarterback driven league.

2. The rookie salary cap. Rookies are much cheaper now. Especially quarterbacks.

We hold our team near and dear to our heart. But the truth is we aren't the only ones looking for a franchise QB. There's only like, what, 5 proven ones right now?

Brady
Eli
Rapist
Brees
Rodgers

I'm probably missing some due to retardation but yeah.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-30-2012, 11:51 AM
You mean like Pioli did with Stanzi?:rolleyes:

Lol I'm talking about spending a first rounder on a guy, not a late rounder because Pioli's buddy Kirk Ferentz said the guy is teh anti-aidz and is a superz kool American.

Saul Good
08-30-2012, 11:52 AM
We hold our team near and dear to our heart. But the truth is we aren't the only ones looking for a franchise QB. There's only like, what, 5 proven ones right now?

Brady
Eli
Rapist
Brees
Rodgers

Rivers
Stafford
Newton
Schaub
Cutler
Peyton

jd1020
08-30-2012, 11:54 AM

Brady
Eli
Rapist
Brees
Rodgers

Rivers
Stafford

Hesitant to say Newton because its only been 1 year.

Then you've got teams that probably aren't actively looking but probably wouldn't hesitate to upgrade like

Ryan
Flacco
Cutler
Romo
Vick

Blah blah.

Black Bob
08-30-2012, 11:56 AM
I hate the idea of using a first on a QB just for the sake of trying to get a franchise QB. It has to be a good prospect. It's going to bite Miami and Cleveland in the ass this year. This will be twice for Cleveland in a short period of time. It would be interesting to get their take on it. Guys like Joe Thomas and Joe Haden look pretty good in the Browns uniform and they might be better with more guys like that then overhyped QBs.

htismaqe
08-30-2012, 11:57 AM
Rivers is way overrated.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-30-2012, 11:58 AM
Rivers
Stafford
Newton
Schaub
Cutler
Peyton

Thanks for the medication lol.

Love them all, but Newton isn't proven yet, Schaub needs to take the diapers off hasn't won a playoff game yet, Cutler may have enough around him, Rivers "may" be on a down slide and Peyton is now Timmy off of South Park.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not arguing, just saying the 5 I mentioned are proven. But I would not say no to either. All are upgrades no doubt.

jd1020
08-30-2012, 11:58 AM
Rivers is way overrated.

Except he's not. He's one of the best QBs in the league.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-30-2012, 11:59 AM
The one not named "Cassel".

Black Bob
08-30-2012, 12:00 PM

Mostly, Like Cassel he isn't good in the clutch. He's my most hated player in the NFL but he's one of the best.

htismaqe
08-30-2012, 12:02 PM

Except when the game is on the line and it's up to him to get it done. He pisses it away and then yells at his teammates like a baby.

That's ok, people used to think Jeff George was one of the best QBs in the league too.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-30-2012, 12:02 PM

He had an MVP type of season in 2010. He peformed great despite having crap at WR most of the year. I really do not know WTF happened to him in 2011.

Saul Good
08-30-2012, 12:03 PM
Thanks for the medication lol.

Love them all, but Newton isn't proven yet, Schaub needs to take the diapers off hasn't won a playoff game yet, Cutler may have enough around him, Rivers "may" be on a down slide and Peyton is now Timmy off of South Park.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not arguing, just saying the 5 I mentioned are proven. But I would not say no to either. All are upgrades no doubt.

Newton had the best rookie season in NFL history by a mile. He completed 60% of his passes for over 4,000 yards, ran for over 700 more, and had 35 combined touchdowns, and he was 22 years old. That is a franchise QB.

htismaqe
08-30-2012, 12:03 PM
He had an MVP type of season in 2010. He peformed great despite having crap at WR most of the year. I really do not know WTF happened to him in 2011.

He's got a bad attitude and he's rarely good in the clutch.

He's the anti-Eli.

Looks good when the pressure is off, looks terrible when the pressure is on.

jd1020
08-30-2012, 12:04 PM
Except when the game is on the line and it's up to him to get it done. He pisses it away and then yells at his teammates like a baby.

That's ok, people used to think Jeff George was one of the best QBs in the league too.

Guess you are entitled to being wrong.

He had a down year last year and still threw for 4600 yards.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-30-2012, 12:05 PM
Newton had the best rookie season in NFL history by a mile.

And I would trade anything to have him. Sky is the limit with him. Logan Thomas is getting some Newton comparisons.

Dear Lord those stats are sick.

htismaqe
08-30-2012, 12:06 PM

You can have your yards. Yards don't win championships.

And neither does Phillip Rivers.

beach tribe
08-30-2012, 12:06 PM
I'm curious in seeing how Bray does this season

jd1020
08-30-2012, 12:07 PM
You can have your yards. Yards don't win championships.

And neither does Phillip Rivers.

Philip Rivers is not the reason the Chargers haven't won a championship.

Black Bob
08-30-2012, 12:07 PM

He's brought his team back in the 4th quarter only twice in the last two years. He sucks in the clutch.

htismaqe
08-30-2012, 12:09 PM
Philip Rivers is not the reason the Chargers haven't won a championship.

You keep telling yourself that.

Meanwhile, he'll continue to be one of the worst clutch QBs in the league.

Championship QBs have "it". Phillip Rivers just has fits.

ct
08-30-2012, 12:11 PM
Tyler Bray
Aaron Murray

Chiefs Pantalones
08-30-2012, 12:13 PM
Championship QBs have "it". Phillip Rivers just has fits.

Lol I see what you did there. That could be on a shirt.

jd1020
08-30-2012, 12:16 PM
He's brought his team back in the 4th quarter only twice in the last two years. He sucks in the clutch.

Whats that make Aaron Rodgers?

Chiefnj2
08-30-2012, 12:19 PM
Wilson, Thomas, Manuel.

I think you know what you get from Barkley and Jones. Bray pads his stats against really bad teams.

the Talking Can
08-30-2012, 12:21 PM
pick one

suds79
08-30-2012, 12:23 PM
Barkley, Wilson & Bray.

I'd be happy with any one of them. Of the three I think Barkley doesn't have the physical tools the other guys have but hes been doing it for what seems a pretty long time now.

RustShack
08-30-2012, 12:24 PM
The three games Steele Jantz played in healthy were all come from behind victories where he played out of his mind in the clutch. He didn't even have the whole offense down either. He will be improved this year, and is easily at his best at the end of the 4th quarter.

Urc Burry
08-30-2012, 12:25 PM
Sleeper- Steele Jantz

LMAO homer

Chief Roundup
08-30-2012, 12:26 PM
Right now we only know the seniors will enter the draft. With the new CBA there is not nearly as much incentive for an underclassmen college QB to enter the draft. I know it still happens but until we know who declares and who don't talking about underclassmen is useless.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-30-2012, 12:26 PM
pick one

That's where I am. As long as we pick one and try I'm fine. First time since 83. Just try. Please. We may, just may, get it right. Never know unless you try though.

jd1020
08-30-2012, 12:28 PM
That's where I am. As long as we pick one and try I'm fine. First time since 83. Just try. Please. We may, just may, get it right. Never know unless you try though.

Even if they try and fail people will still bitch about the QB who is starting for team "X" and was drafted 8 picks later.

Saccopoo
08-30-2012, 12:30 PM
Geno Smith
Lance Jones
Mike Glennon

In fact, I'd love to see the Chiefs take either Smith or Jones in Round One and then Glennon in a subsequent round.

And as I mentioned over on the Draft Planet recently, I don't get the dislike for Jones. He already owns nearly every OU passing record, has a conference title and has won three bowl games, one being a BCS. He's prototype size, has a near perfect delivery, a really good arm and a great work ethic. Solid character as well.

It's going to be interesting to watch Geno Smith and Lance Jones go against the same teams this season. A real good yard stick in terms of determining who's the better QB. But as of right now, I'd be happy as hell with either guy. Both are studs.

Reerun_KC
08-30-2012, 12:32 PM

Jones has an arm?

since when? ROFL

jd1020
08-30-2012, 12:33 PM
Jones has an arm?

since when? ROFL

Since High School.

Reerun_KC
08-30-2012, 12:33 PM

Not according to the media and fans here in Norman...

He throws downfield about as good as cASSel...

Chiefs Pantalones
08-30-2012, 12:34 PM
Even if they try and fail people will still bitch about the QB who is starting for team "X" and was drafted 8 picks later.

At least we attempted. Sometimes you get it right, sometimes you don't. That's the nature of the draft. They're not all gonna be great.

Reerun_KC
08-30-2012, 12:38 PM
The one not named "Cassel".Such dashing insight...

Reerun_KC
08-30-2012, 12:39 PM
Since High School.

IF he did, sooner nation wouldnt be melting down about it...

Chiefs Pantalones
Right now we only know the seniors will enter the draft. With the new CBA there is not nearly as much incentive for an underclassmen college QB to enter the draft. I know it still happens but until we know who declares and who don't talking about underclassmen is useless.

My bad, yeah I know not all are gonna go pro, should've said potential 2013 draft class.

htismaqe

That's the easy answer but I'd be willing to bet you're wrong.

Sure, there will be a certain contigent that bitches regardless of what happens.

But the vast majority just want to see them TRY, even if it doesn't work.

jd1020
08-30-2012, 12:44 PM
IF he did, sooner nation wouldnt be melting down about it...

Sooner nation isn't "melting down" because Jones "doesn't have an arm."

DJ's left nut
08-30-2012, 12:45 PM
Geno Smith. Love the guy.

Saccopoo
08-30-2012, 12:46 PM
Not according to the media and fans here in Norman...

He throws downfield about as good as cASSel...

Bullshit.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5q_w0LJNm3E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Reerun_KC
08-30-2012, 12:46 PM
Sooner nation isn't "melting down" because Jones "doesn't have an arm."

:harumph:
We will see as this season goes along.

Saccopoo
08-30-2012, 12:49 PM
However, watch this dude against one of the best college defenses ever. This is what good quarterbacking is about:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qvrXu9Fsvpk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Reerun_KC
08-30-2012, 12:53 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/860651-the-tale-of-the-tape-landry-jones-vs-matt-barkley

Here is a comparison....

I dont care what happens to Laundry Jones, just as long as he isnt in a Chiefs uniform...

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-30-2012, 12:57 PM

http://curtiskitchen.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/whitlock.jpg
Such dashing insight...

Almost as awesome as your usual fare.

Chief Roundup
08-30-2012, 12:57 PM
Bullshit.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5q_w0LJNm3E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Man it looked like all the passes 40 yards or more that he had to put way too much air under the ball.

jd1020
08-30-2012, 01:06 PM
However, watch this dude against one of the best college defenses ever. This is what good quarterbacking is about:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qvrXu9Fsvpk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I like Smith but there's nothing particularly good about that game. He had a few nice throws but he probably should have had 5 INTs.

the Talking Can
08-30-2012, 01:19 PM
I haven't watched Smith, so excited to get to see him in the big 12 this year.

I get the concern that Barkley is the shiny object out West, but he has always looked good to me, and clutch. I don't think he's the head case/d-bag that Leinart was.

Landry is the Oklahoma version of Barkley...the old 'it is his supporting cast/offense' argument. At one point Bradford seemed like he was going to rehab QBs coming out of OU's spread, now it seems like questions remain.

Murray, a bit of a dark horse, is talented but still cracks under pressure. He's real streaky. I am curious to see if he has another level in him.

Bray...need to watch
Wilson...ditto

Chiefnj2
08-30-2012, 01:21 PM
Wilson, Thomas, Manuel.

I think you know what you get from Barkley and Jones. Bray pads his stats against really bad teams.

jd1020
08-30-2012, 01:24 PM
Wilson, Thomas, Manuel.

Wilson, Thomas, Manuel.

Q

Bewbies
08-30-2012, 01:25 PM
Wilson, Thomas, Manuel.

Wilson, Thomas, Manuel.

In case anyone missed it the first time?

The Franchise
08-30-2012, 01:25 PM
Wilson
Bray
Logan Thomas - If she shows improved accuracy this year.
Geno Smith
Murray

The Franchise
08-30-2012, 01:27 PM
Oh yeah.....and this kid as well

http://blog.seattlepi.com/huskies/files/2011/03/KeithPrice.jpg

KC_Lee
08-30-2012, 01:28 PM
Bray, just something nagging that makes me think he is the next Ryan Leaf type QB bust.

Bewbies
08-30-2012, 01:30 PM
Bray, just something nagging that makes me think he is the next Ryan Leaf type QB bust.

Could be. He's never played on a good team, and I think you want your QB to be a guy that makes everyone else better.

KC_Lee
08-30-2012, 01:39 PM
Could be. He's never played on a good team, and I think you want your QB to be a guy that makes everyone else better.

This would be the season to do that, with the dismisal Jackson from the team it's all on Bray now.

Chiefnj2
08-30-2012, 01:42 PM

There will be a Russel Wilson comparisons and debates with him. If Wilson does well, Price's stock will rise. If Wilson fares poorly, everyone will say "short" QB's can't do it in the NFL.

Otter
08-30-2012, 01:44 PM
Barkley....

Foles and Cousin where my two favs last year.... Cousins is playing pretty damn impressive for a fourth round pick.

Bewbies
08-30-2012, 01:46 PM
This would be the season to do that, with the dismisal Jackson from the team it's all on Bray now.

Yep. His other two WR's are good too. We'll have to see if his o-line is any better and if they are able to generate any kind of a run game.

I think ol Coach Dooley is spending his last year in Knoxville this season.

Frosty
08-30-2012, 01:49 PM

Price is a junior. Do you think he will declare?

Also, since you live in PAC-12 land, I am curious what your opinion of Barkley is?

Chiefnj2
08-30-2012, 01:53 PM
http://www.gbnreport.com/2011qbpreview.html

Dante84
08-30-2012, 01:58 PM
What teams are in need of a QB next season?

And what is the likely draft order (just amongst those teams)?

Frosty
08-30-2012, 01:58 PM
http://www.gbnreport.com/2011qbpreview.html

The talent must drop off quickly if Matt Scott and Zack Maynard are on the second half of the list. :shake:

suds79
08-30-2012, 02:32 PM
The talent must drop off quickly if Matt Scott and Zack Maynard are on the second half of the list. :shake:

Should be a concern for us.

I'd like us to get after the elite this next draft. Get guy #1, 2 or 3. No sleeper or mid tier guys.

The Chiefs need to make whatever moves it takes to make it happen.

ChiefsCountry
08-30-2012, 02:35 PM
What teams are in need of a QB next season?

And what is the likely draft order (just amongst those teams)?

Kansas City
Buffalo
Arizona
Seattle
Dark horse pick - Dallas
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefs Pantalones
08-30-2012, 02:38 PM
Kansas City
Buffalo
Arizona
Seattle
Dark horse pick - Dallas
Posted via Mobile Device

Raiders, if they're smart. Nevermind.

Saul Good
08-30-2012, 02:46 PM
The three games Steele Jantz played in healthy were all come from behind victories where he played out of his mind in the clutch. He didn't even have the whole offense down either. He will be improved this year, and is easily at his best at the end of the 4th quarter.

A three star recruit with only one D-1 offer with a losing record, more INTs than TDs, and a history of injuries? I'm intrigued...

Great Expectations
08-30-2012, 02:50 PM
Jones has an arm?

since when? ROFL

You say this then link an article that states:

Comparisons between Jones and former Oklahoma quarterback Sam Bradford should be immediately thrown out based on this criterion alone. Where Bradford had a weaker arm, somewhat due to injuries, Jones has a pro-caliber arm.

ROFL
Field Vision

Barkley: 8.4 | Jones: 9.3

Barkley does a great job of taking the snap under center and making his reads while dropping in the pocket. You would be hard-pressed to find another college quarterback being asked to make the reads that USC puts on Barkley’s shoulders. The downside to that is Barkley throws a good number of interceptions. He’s been asked to read the field, but his decision-making is not always great.

The Oklahoma offense gets the ball out of Jones’ hand very fast, which doesn’t allow for much time to see the field or breakdown the defense. The read is quick, most likely a check to see where the cornerback is on his No. 1 read and then a check down to the back flaring out. Jones benefits from a spread offense built on the checkdown. At the snap, Jones takes one look downfield and will then look to a back or wide receiver hitting a zone route. This is great for Jones’ accuracy numbers and comparable to an NFL system that utilizes spread sets and checkdowns to the running backs. This makes Jones a great fit for the Colts, Chiefs or Seahawks.

Titty Meat
08-30-2012, 02:58 PM
Matt Barkley

Logan Thomas

Titty Meat
08-30-2012, 02:58 PM
Kansas City
Buffalo
Arizona
Seattle
Dark horse pick - Dallas
Posted via Mobile Device

Buffalo just gave a bunch of money to Fitzpatrick last season and Seattle has Russell Wilson.

ILChief
08-30-2012, 03:16 PM
Tyler Wilson

mcaj22
08-30-2012, 03:20 PM
you guys are really getting your false hopes up for when Pioli passes on all the good QBs in the first 3 or 4 rounds and settles on Cassel for another year lol

as much as I want ANY OF THESE guys at this point, I'm just not going to sell myself short when it comes to our GM passing over every ****ing QB ever in the last 3 years but a 5th rounder

whoman69
08-30-2012, 03:23 PM
Kansas City
Buffalo
Arizona
Seattle
Dark horse pick - Dallas
Posted via Mobile Device

Seattle probably not unless Wilson folds. I'd add STL to the list and perhaps Jax if they give up on their young QBs. Buffalo just extended Fitzgerald. Not sure that an organization with limited resources can simply let that go. Depending on how the season goes the Jets, Bucs, 49ers and Eagles could be added to the mix. If the Chiefs are around .500 again, Pioli will not move up to get the best QBs out there. It better be a deep draft. Last year looked deep until some of the pieces decided to return to school.

ILChief
08-30-2012, 03:30 PM
you guys are really getting your false hopes up for when Pioli passes on all the good QBs in the first 3 or 4 rounds and settles on Cassel for another year lol

as much as I want ANY OF THESE guys at this point, I'm just not going to sell myself short when it comes to our GM passing over every ****ing QB ever in the last 3 years but a 5th rounder

How many has he actually passed on? Sanchez is the only one I can think of and he sucks

RealSNR
08-30-2012, 03:52 PM
Geno Smith- check his stats.

Seriously, do it. Then look at Sac's LSU highlight he posted from last year. It's in this thread.

Now imagine him showing off all that talent in the Big XII with his expected continual improvement.

Depending on who declares and who doesn't (Murray and Bray are both eligible for another year of college if they want it) I think the order of QBs in next year's draft may go:

1. Barkley
2. Smith
3. Wilson
4. Thomas or possibly Manuel
5. Jones

Four of those guys are worth trading up into the top 10 if you're the Chiefs. Which means we won't, which means they'll all be gone when we pick, which means we'll take a CB and some LBs, then draft Dayne Crist in the 7th because Romeo has his buddy with whom he likes to punctuate his sentences.

Setsuna
08-30-2012, 03:53 PM
Bray! SEC!!! Wilson is terrible.

Geno Smith- check his stats.

Seriously, do it. Then look at Sac's LSU highlight he posted from last year. It's in this thread.

Now imagine him showing off all that talent in the Big XII with his expected continual improvement.

Depending on who declares and who doesn't (Murray and Bray are both eligible for another year of college if they want it) I think the order of QBs in next year's draft may go:

1. Barkley
2. Smith
3. Wilson
4. Thomas or possibly Manuel
5. Jones

Four of those guys are worth trading up into the top 10 if you're the Chiefs. Which means we won't, which means they'll all be gone when we pick, which means we'll take a CB and some LBs, then draft Dayne Crist in the 7th because Romeo has his buddy with whom he likes to punctuate his sentences.
Manuel? All your credibility just went down the drain. :shake:

notorious
08-30-2012, 03:57 PM

Jones is a pile of shit for QB.

mcaj22
08-30-2012, 04:11 PM
How many has he actually passed on? Sanchez is the only one I can think of and he sucks

while i agree hindsight is 20/20 it's the principle of just taking a chance on a QB with a higher pick. Just like we are all hyping these QBs coming out next year, sure enough a couple of them will be like Mark Sanchez or dare I say Jimmy Clausen. At the time there were tons of Jimmy Clausen fans on here and Pioli passed on him. I get that Clausen sucks garbage in the NFL, but it's the principle, going by college tape, stats, whatever and the hype, you want a QB. He passed on Russel Wilson, Foles, Cousins, etc. Sure they might all suck but thats no different than any of the QBs coming out next year also sucking in the NFL.

RealSNR
08-30-2012, 04:11 PM
Bray! SEC!!! Wilson is terrible.

Manuel? All your credibility just went down the drain. :shake:

I left Bray and Murray off the list because I REALLY doubt that they enter the draft early in such a deep year. Ten bucks says BOTH of them go back to college for another year.

ChiefAshhole20
08-30-2012, 04:21 PM
Tajh Boyd, Geno Smith and Tyler Wilson

Mr. Arrowhead
08-30-2012, 04:33 PM
Tyler Wilson please

ILChief
08-30-2012, 04:48 PM
Jones is a pile of shit for QB.

He will fit right in

ChiefsCountry
08-30-2012, 04:49 PM
Sanchez is the only one I can think of and he sucks

Yet Sanchez has more playoff wins that the entire Chiefs franchise since 1970. All on the road and two against Brady and Peyton. He proved he could win with a team around him that is very similar to what we have in place.

Setsuna
08-30-2012, 04:55 PM
I left Bray and Murray off the list because I REALLY doubt that they enter the draft early in such a deep year. Ten bucks says BOTH of them go back to college for another year.

Fair enough. Bray probably needs another year to get noticed. I think they will stay another year too.

Murray is too short. /CP

But nah really. Murray's passes are made to be intercepted. There seems to be no velocity on them. It's really sad.

Tribal Warfare
08-30-2012, 04:56 PM
If we are talking about pure fascination how a prospect will progress this season

mine are

Logan Thomas

Tyler Bray

Zach Mettenberger

bevischief
08-30-2012, 05:06 PM
Pioli get off the pot and pick one.

notorious
08-30-2012, 05:11 PM
He will fit right in

LMAO

Touche.

Saul Good
08-30-2012, 05:22 PM
Do none of you even know who Glennon is?

Brock
08-30-2012, 05:33 PM
Yet Sanchez has more playoff wins that the entire Chiefs franchise since 1970. All on the road and two against Brady and Peyton. He proved he could win with a team around him that is very similar to what we have in place.

That's all true, but he hasn't gotten better. He's gotten worse the longer he's been in the league.

ChiefsCountry
08-30-2012, 05:57 PM
That's all true, but he hasn't gotten better. He's gotten worse the longer he's been in the league.

No arguing that either. But we also have had better coaching imo than the jets as well.
Posted via Mobile Device

RunKC
08-30-2012, 06:00 PM
Tyler Wilson. He looked really good last year in his first year starting in the SEC. Arkansas only lost to Bama and LSU, understandably.

He's got grit and good technique.

Chief Roundup
08-30-2012, 10:04 PM
Buffalo just gave a bunch of money to Fitzpatrick last season and Seattle has Russell Wilson.

They set Fitzpatricks' contract up in a way that they can cut him after this season without a very big cap hit. Buffalo is in the mix for sure.

tredadda
08-30-2012, 10:17 PM

Damn, I guess he will be our pick. First QB we draft in the first since 1983 and we get a Cassel clone. Maybe we will keep Cassel to mentor his clone and continue with the cycle.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-31-2012, 11:59 AM
No arguing that either. But we also have had better coaching imo than the jets as well.
Posted via Mobile Device

This. And isn't it great that Sanchez is still a part of our lives?:D

Saul Good
08-31-2012, 07:44 PM
Anybody watching the NC State game? Glennon looks like a high first rounder. He's doing it all.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-31-2012, 07:48 PM
Anybody watching the NC State game? Glennon looks like a high first rounder. He's doing it all.

Both Glennon and Bray have impressed me. Do want.

Tribal Warfare
08-31-2012, 08:00 PM

Bray is in GOD mode

Mr_Tomahawk
08-31-2012, 08:01 PM
Tyler Wilson or Tyler Wilson.

Bewbies
08-31-2012, 08:07 PM
Both Glennon and Bray have impressed me. Do want.

All the big NC State passes were WIDE open. He's good, but I've only seen one throw to a tight window. He's good.

NewChief
08-31-2012, 08:10 PM
All the big NC State passes were WIDE open. He's good, but I've only seen one throw to a tight window. He's good.

Second horrible pick from Glennon tonight. ACC inflation.

NewChief
08-31-2012, 08:12 PM
And Tyler Wilson has as much upside as anyone out there. Holy shit did he take some licks against Bama last year and keep getting up and going after it. He's got heart.

RealSNR
08-31-2012, 08:15 PM
I'm not familiar with Glennon. Never seen him play. Does he also come with a weird fucking hitch and a whiney upside down smile like another famous NC State QB?

Bewbies
08-31-2012, 08:23 PM
Second horrible pick from Glennon tonight. ACC inflation.

Very possible. That second pick was dumb..

NewChief
08-31-2012, 08:39 PM
Very possible. That second pick was dumb..

And there's number 3.

Frankie
08-31-2012, 08:39 PM

Looks kinda Croylish.

http://a.espncdn.com/media/motion/2012/0807/com_120807_dinich_glennon_120807/com_120807_dinich_glennon_120807.jpghttp://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSx7RrtK-CUNFhVS3nCNXv-kiIs2wMIsxZBd4UqS4Higy6ubXjT&t=1

rico
08-31-2012, 08:41 PM
Geno Smith and Tyler Bray.

L.A. Chieffan
08-31-2012, 09:09 PM
Barkley will look like Andrew Luck 2.0 coming out next year

barry_smilez20
08-31-2012, 11:23 PM
I like Barkley and Wilson. Bray looks like he throws off his back foot. Reminds me of Josh Freeman who I have always hated.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-01-2012, 12:28 PM
Barkley will look like Andrew Luck 2.0 coming out next year

And you won't want him. :shake:

Setsuna
09-01-2012, 01:14 PM
Someone say Emanuel one more time and get banned.

Black Bob
09-01-2012, 01:16 PM
Someone say Emanuel one more time and get banned.

Yeah, we should just trade for Tebow right?

L.A. Chieffan
09-01-2012, 02:22 PM
And you won't want him. :shake:

Who said that? We're going to need someone to take over the throne once Cassell retires in 5 or 6 years.

KCrockaholic
09-01-2012, 02:27 PM
Looks kinda Croylish.

http://a.espncdn.com/media/motion/2012/0807/com_120807_dinich_glennon_120807/com_120807_dinich_glennon_120807.jpghttp://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSx7RrtK-CUNFhVS3nCNXv-kiIs2wMIsxZBd4UqS4Higy6ubXjT&t=1

What the hell is wrong with his head? He's got those narrow Cassel eyes. I'll pass.

RealSNR
09-01-2012, 04:10 PM
I know it was against Marshall, but still...

Geno Smith

32/36 323 yards 4 TD 0 INT

Yowza

Death2CasselFans
09-01-2012, 05:35 PM
Tyler Wilson, Arkansas

Wilson is somebody you absolutely must keep track of. He has Peyton Manning upside. His statistics are particularly strong, of course. He completed 63% of his passes this past season, stacking up nearly 4,000 yards with a 24/6 ratio. His measurables are strong as well; the 6-foot-3, 220-pounder has great mobility and while he isn’t blowing up defenses with his scrambling ability, he can deftly evade pressure and create plays on the move. But while all of this is great, it’s not world-beater good.

Where Wilson differentiates himself from everybody else is between the ears. He is reputably a film rat with a very close eye for emulation and play formation. He was brought in by the same offensive system that Ryan Mallett succeeded in. He carries himself with such outstanding composure it’s possible the 1st picking team in the 2013 Draft will fall in love with him in interviews.

And while Wilson is legitimately #1 overall talent, he’s going to slide. He just lost his head coach in a fiasco and the new offense he’s adopting will not be as pass-obsessed. Add in the fact that he’s legimately losing all three of his best receivers to the NFL, and it’s going to be a fascinating slog for Wilson in 2013. Keep your eyes peeled.

Logan Thomas, Virginia Tech

Thomas is going to definitely be a first round pick, whether his talents warrant it or not. Several teams are going to see him and just automatically assume he’s Top 10 talent. Whether he is, is yet to be determined.

The reason for this infatuation can be summarized in two words: Cam Newton. Logan Thomas is a rock solid 6’5, 255 lbs, and athletic as all get-out. He ran for over 600 yards and 11 touchdowns last year. That is all you need to know in terms of how high he will go when he declares.

Thomas has a ways to go to prove he is in the Newton mold, however, as his passing game is pretty good, but nothing outstanding yet. He sports a 60% completion rate, threw for just a hair over 3,000 yards and had a 19/10 ratio. It was his first year as a starter, however. If he can find a way to log more impressive stats in 2013, someone will overdraft him. As of now, I’d burn a second rounder on him without thinking, on potential alone.

Matt Barkley, USC

Barkley is the stuff NFL draft dreams are made of. He is a highly polished four-year starter out of USC who has improved dramatically every year he’s played. His athleticism is decent, as is his size (6’2″, 230 lbs), but he’s athletic enough to get the job done and has a body that can take NFL punishment.

His junior season was ideal for his draft stock — nearly 70% completion, over 3,500 yards passing with a whopping 39/7 ratio. He also is unflappable in the college game, and carries himself with an air of confidence with a short memory. The only aspect lacking to his game is arm strength, which is just about average. For my mind, the only way he doesn’t become the first player off the board in 2013 is if the team drafting demands elite arm strength on a 1st overall player. Which, I suppose, is possible.

Tyler Bray, Tennessee

Bray has earned top-notch scout attention ever since Tennessee secured him as a recruit. Last year was his highly anticipated first year as starter, and he didn’t disappoint — up until his hand injury. Missing games and suffering from it otherwise, he threw for slightly less than 2,000 yards, with a nice-to-look-at-ratio of 17/6, a completion percentage of 59%. Needless to say, Bray’s composure is a selling point.

It will be interesting to see if he fills out. He is a magificent 6’6″, but looks very lanky, not very filled-out at all. Needs time in the weight room. Otherwise, he has the look. His arm is fantastic — there is a Favre-ian zip to his passes that injure his receivers. There is not a throw on the field he can’t make, at this point I’d put it just shy of Matt Stafford’s. Dynamite arm.

I would say it is unlikely he makes the leap to the NFL in 2013, however. Still possible, I suppose. But he’s going to probably want more time to groom his game, and he won’t have to compete with Barkley for the #1 overall in 2014.

Aaron Murray, Georgia

Murray doesn’t dazzle you like most of the other players on this list. He is a measly 6’1″ and 210 lbs with limited mobility, so he’s not exactly an eye-popper there… And while he’s from Georgia’s pro-style system, he’s still a work in progress. He needs more time to get adjusted to the game, and more polish — there is only a slight chance he will declare in 2013.

His numbers are great if you understand he’s just getting started: over 3,000 yards, 60%, 24/8. That’s extremely good for a freshman. He shows really good maturity for a young buck with no meaningful experience leading into last season. And he has a very Croyle-like spin on the ball. Fluid, sharp, and accurate.

Nonetheless, he has one advantage almost nobody else on this list has: he’s in the SEC and gets tons of media coverage. Nobody else can match it, other than Barkley. Bray will not hit media radars for potentially another year, unless he just goes off. Wilson will struggle in a new system with an inexperienced freshman WR corps. And Murray is following in Stafford’s footsteps, heightening the excitement around him.

Landry Jones, Oklahoma

I’m not going to lie, I see a lot of a better Matt Cassel in Landry Jones. He’s got Cassel’s great size (6’4″, 220 lbs), his intelligence, his leadership, and his appreciation and love for being scheme reliant. He also features Cassel’s physical limitations, in that he still flinches in the face of pressure and is relatively uneasy fitting the ball into tight spaces. His throwing motion, also like Cassel, takes a lot of sizzle off his passes.

Unlike Cassel, Jones is very accurate, with a 63% rate of completion. And check out these numbers: nearly 4,500 yards passing, 29/15 ratio. Gorgeous.

Jones is a pure system QB, a West Coast offense QB. Teams running that scheme could be entranced by his intelligence and upside. He has the look of a mid- to late-first rounder.

Geno Smith, West Virginia

I don’t see a first round quarterback in Smith, but others do. At this point, he’s a third rounder to me. I think he’s too much of a hot head, and doesn’t keep his composure in games. Others see an athletically gifted scrambler, a poor man’s RG3 with a ton of upside if a coach could harness his ability.

whoman69
09-01-2012, 05:54 PM
Who said that? We're going to need someone to take over the throne once Cassell retires in 5 or 6 years.

I don't think he'll survive the assasination attempt. Somebody will snap if Cassell is here that long.

Saccopoo
09-01-2012, 10:29 PM

Geno Smith

Yowza

Booyah.

That's my boy.

Oh, and a TD on the ground as well.

The Chiefs will never see him in the first round. He's going to pull an RGIII this season.

Great Expectations
09-01-2012, 10:35 PM
Geno was the best today; he is the complete package.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-01-2012, 10:48 PM
Wilson: 19-27, 369yds, 3 TD.

Great Expectations
09-01-2012, 10:50 PM
Matty Trojen is way too effeminate

Great Expectations
09-01-2012, 10:52 PM

He has potential, would be a great 3Rd pick. He isn't a guy I'd take in round 1.

tredadda
09-01-2012, 11:08 PM
I would love Wilson to be our pick or even Barkley. I am still open to see how this season plays out to see who rises up (much like RGIII did last year). What scares me is this potentially "deep" draft will get very shallow as some people we think will declare will not and we will have a repeat of this past draft. The Chiefs will (of course) finish just well enough to not get any of the top QBs and will settle for either a replacement for Bowe (who will probably walk after this season) or some other line player hoping that next year will be the year Cassel "gets it".

Unsmooth-Moment
09-02-2012, 12:06 AM
…………………… C A Comp % Yards TD INT Rush Yards TD
Matt Barkley 24 39 61.5% 351 4 0 0 0 0
Tyler Wilson 19 27 70.4% 367 3 0 3 -2 0
Logan Thomas Plays Monday
Aaron Murray 15 26 57.7% 258 3 0 7 -12 0
Geno Smith 32 36 88.9% 323 4 0 8 65 1
Landry Jones 22 37 59.5% 230 2 0 3 -19 0
EJ Manuel 16 22 72.7% 188 1 1 5 38 0
Mike Glennon 27 46 58.7% 288 1 4 6 6 0

Sorter
09-02-2012, 12:36 AM
I would love Wilson to be our pick or even Barkley. I am still open to see how this season plays out to see who rises up (much like RGIII did last year). What scares me is this potentially "deep" draft will get very shallow as some people we think will declare will not and we will have a repeat of this past draft. The Chiefs will (of course) finish just well enough to not get any of the top QBs and will settle for either a replacement for Bowe (who will probably walk after this season) or some other line player hoping that next year will be the year Cassel "gets it".

The most probable outcome is that Barkley, Wilson, Smith, and Jones come out. I believe Thomas has another year but haven't checked. Best case scenario, those 4 + Thomas, Bray, and Murray come out, but I can't see that happening.

I am starting to become intrigued by the NC State kid. Have to watch some more film I guess.

BoneKrusher
09-02-2012, 06:10 AM

Geno Smith

Yowza

yep

ILChief
09-02-2012, 06:44 AM
I would trade our entire draft for Wilson or Barkley

DeezNutz
09-02-2012, 06:49 AM
He has potential, would be a great 3Rd pick. He isn't a guy I'd take in round 1.

He's a round-one lock.

Lots of QB talent coming out this year, and even the third best would be an enormous upgrade.

Geno Smith intrigues the hell out of me. Strong arm, athletic, and looks like he possesses the build to put on even more muscle mass.

Landry Jones, even, showed last night why he is NOT Cassel II, despite allegations otherwise on this board:

Pressure coming. Sidestepped one defender. Eyes down field. Nothing. Moves to right to elude second defender, throws a side-arm strike 20-yards down field slightly to his left. Perfection. Ball was dropped, but everything from Jones was outfuckingstanding on the play.

King_Chief_Fan
09-02-2012, 07:10 AM
Interesting discussion to have but let's be real for just a second.

Looking back the brain trust for this team is not capable of assesment or selection of a QB for this team. Let's reflect on choices

1) Matt Cassel - one fluk season in NE and he is the next Brady. Pioli sold the farm and his sole on this choice
2) Drafted Ricky Stanzi - why? No one knows. Only the homers thought they new and they were wrong
3) Tyler Palko - how and why he was on this team no one knows
4) Orton - Maybe the best on the team since the Pioli era...but that isn't saying anything as he was average. The guy walked to be a back up at Dallas
5) Brady Quinn - the competition for Matt Cassel - no so much

Best chance is for the Chiefs to get stomped all season to get a proper cleaning of the lousy organization that has been built. Get someone new to make the decision.
Maybe a good thread would be: Who should replace Pioli?

RustShack
09-02-2012, 09:38 AM
I'm tellin ya, watch Steele Jantz this year. He has all the physical tools to be great. Yesterday he completed 75%(I think 43 attempts?). If the receivers would have caught everyball they got both hands on it would of been something like 95%! He ha three misses, one was a throw away and the other two were just barely overthrown deep passes.

Chiefnj2
09-02-2012, 09:44 AM

He's a guy 32 NFL teams who need a QB would take in the first.

SAUTO
09-02-2012, 09:49 AM
I'm tellin ya, watch Steele Jantz this year. He has all the physical tools to be great. Yesterday he completed 75%(I think 43 attempts?). If the receivers would have caught everyball they got both hands on it would of been something like 95%! He ha three misses, one was a throw away and the other two were just barely overthrown deep passes.
JFC
Posted via Mobile Device

Setsuna
09-02-2012, 09:51 AM
Murray and Manuel need to be off ANY lists of potential QBs taken in ANY draft.

Saccopoo
09-02-2012, 10:50 AM
He's a round-one lock.

Lots of QB talent coming out this year, and even the third best would be an enormous upgrade.

Geno Smith intrigues the hell out of me. Strong arm, athletic, and looks like he possesses the build to put on even more muscle mass.

Landry Jones, even, showed last night why he is NOT Cassel II, despite allegations otherwise on this board:

Pressure coming. Sidestepped one defender. Eyes down field. Nothing. Moves to right to elude second defender, throws a side-arm strike 20-yards down field slightly to his left. Perfection. Ball was dropped, but everything from Jones was out****ingstanding on the play.

Lance Jones is not Cassel. I don't know where this shit started, but it's crap. The guy is a really solid QB with excellent mechanics, pocket presence, etc. The Chiefs would be lucky to have him as he fits this system to a "T."

Same thing with Geno Smith. The guy is a terrific pocket quarterback with very good athleticism. Accurate with a good arm.

There is actually a lot of guys like this in this next draft. I know we've been bitching up a storm the past several decades about getting a real quarterback, but, perhaps, hope beyond hope, the stars are aligning and we end up with potentially drafting a really nice QB in 2013. Media pressure is already on Pioli about it, the fans are obviously on it and Cassel is in the last legs of his contract (2014). The backups (Quinn and Stanzi) haven't lit the world on fire.

My friends, at least to me, it looks like the perfect storm is building.

Like I posted in my recent mock on Draft Planet, I'll take Jones or Smith in the first and then Glennon in a subsequent round like the Redskins did this past draft with Griffin and Cousins.

BryanBusby
09-02-2012, 11:07 AM
Lance Jones is not Cassel. I don't know where this shit started, but it's crap. The guy is a really solid QB with excellent mechanics, pocket presence, etc. The Chiefs would be lucky to have him as he fits this system to a "T."

wat

DeezNutz
09-02-2012, 11:29 AM
but, perhaps, hope beyond hope, the stars are aligning

Agreed.

There are, at least, 4-5 QBs who are looking like they'll have legit first-round grades coming out in '13. No matter where the Chiefs are in the draft, they'll be in striking position to get one of these guys.

No excuses, though many will be generated after the fact as needed.

In58men
09-02-2012, 11:36 AM
1. Bray

2. Barkley

3. Wilson

4. Jones

5. Murray (2nd round QB could be a great signing)

Lightrise
09-02-2012, 11:38 AM
Based on likely draft position its Landry Jones and an adequate upgrade to Cassel. The draft position as always drives the choice.

jd1020
09-02-2012, 11:39 AM
1. Bray

2. Barkley

3. Wilson

4. Jones

5. Murray (2nd round QB could be a great signing)

I can't see either one of those QBs declaring. I don't think either one is a 1st round pick in next years draft, assuming nothing dramatic happens with the seniors.

DeezNutz
09-02-2012, 11:43 AM
First-round locks:
Barkley, Wilson, Jones, and Smith.

Would be a first-rounder:
Bray.

Mr_Tomahawk
09-02-2012, 11:44 AM
1. Wilson

2. Wilson

3. Tyler Wilson

In58men
09-02-2012, 11:45 AM
First-round locks:
Barkley, Wilson, Jones, and Smith.

Would be a first-rounder:
Bray.

Geno Smith a 1st round lock? No way in hell.

BossChief
09-02-2012, 11:45 AM
I'm open to seeing improvement in Jones this year, but there are a lot of red flags on him.

What happened when Broyles went down? Dude fell the fuck off and that's a big concern.

DeezNutz
09-02-2012, 11:46 AM
New CBA has done nothing but send the stock of QBs right through the roof, as evidenced by Tannehill at #8 overall.

The costs and risks of drafting a QB are relatively low, and the potential benefits are incredible.

DeezNutz
09-02-2012, 11:46 AM
Geno Smith a 1st round lock? No way in hell.

New CBA has done nothing but send the stock of QBs right through the roof, as evidenced by Tannehill at #8 overall.

The costs and risks of drafting a QB are relatively low, and the potential benefits are incredible.

DeezNutz
09-02-2012, 11:51 AM
Pretty good analysis of Smith:

http://nfldraftmonsters.com/scouting/scouting-report-geno-smith/

jd1020
09-02-2012, 11:57 AM

You still have to find teams that need or could possibly think about taking a QB.

Bills
Jets
Texans
Jags
Raiders
Chiefs
Vikings
Buccaneers
49ers
Cardinals
Rams

How many of those teams will likely pick a QB?

I'd say Bills, Jets, Raiders, Cardinals.

I'd LOVE to add the Chiefs to that list but I think it matters more who is on the board when they pick.

DeezNutz
09-02-2012, 12:00 PM
You still have to find teams that need or could possibly think about taking a QB.

Bills
Jets
Texans
Jags
Raiders
Chiefs
Vikings
Buccaneers
49ers
Cardinals
Rams

How many of those teams will likely pick a QB?

I'd say Bills, Jets, Raiders, Cardinals.

I'd LOVE to add the Chiefs to that list but I think it matters more who is on the board when they pick.

Texans would be stupid not to consider it strongly, since Schaub is 31 and has some history with injuries. Similarly, 49ers could be in the mix.

Chiefs should be a given, were they run by competent management...

jd1020
09-02-2012, 12:03 PM
Texans would be stupid not to consider it strongly, since Schaub is 31 and has some history with injuries. Similarly, 49ers could be in the mix.

Those 2 teams depends on how well they like their #2's. 49ers spent a high 2nd on Kaepernick in 2011. And the Texans had their 5th round QB lead them to a playoff win after Schaub and Leinart went down.

jd1020
09-02-2012, 12:14 PM
Chiefs should be a given, were they run by competent management...

I don't think you can call the Chiefs management incompetent because they've not taken a QB in the first round since 2009. There hasn't been an opportunity to do so without looking like the 2011 Vikings.

Given the class of senior QBs I have to imagine the Chiefs will take a shot on a QB in 2013. Be it in the 1st or 2nd. Depends where they end up. I can see them making the playoffs and picking late and drafting a guy like Smith or Bray. I can also see them ending up in the same range as 2012 and missing out on the top guys and waiting til the 2nd to draft someone like Manuel or Murray.

jd1020
09-02-2012, 12:30 PM
What I worry about the most is Pioli's track record when it comes to the size he looks for in a QB. If we don't take a QB early who are we going to take? Shit ton of short QBs. If we don't grab one in the first you are left with Smith (listed at 6'3, don't think Pioli has drafted anyone under 6'4) Bray, Manuel, Mettenberger, Glennon (will the bolded declare?) and then a bunch of 3rd day/FA projected QBs.

Choke for Crist!!! (Not sure I'm doing this right)

Mr_Tomahawk
09-02-2012, 12:39 PM
Drink my kool-aid!

Lightrise
09-02-2012, 01:09 PM
Bullshit.

I was for Jones based on probable draft position. But on second thought, this guy looks incredibly like Cassel...LOL

Chiefnj2
09-02-2012, 01:19 PM
Has Bray ever played well against a good team?

Saul Good
09-02-2012, 01:39 PM
I was for Jones based on probable draft position. But on second thought, this guy looks incredibly like Cassel...LOL

Oh hi, Wickedson.

silver5liter
09-02-2012, 01:57 PM
Tyler wilson!

Nightfyre
09-02-2012, 02:06 PM
Bray has some character red-flags that would make him an absolute no-go for me. I love his physical characteristics, but damn.

http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2012/jul/25/tyler-bray-roommate-accused-of-throwing-beer-off/

No charges will be filed against Tennessee junior quarterback Tyler Bray because he “reached out” to the vandalism victim and offered to pay for all the damages to her vehicle.

“The victim called us and said she no longer wishes to prosecute,” Knoxville Police Department spokesman Darrell DeBusk said Wednesday. “The suspect (Bray) reached out to her and told her he would take care of the damages to her vehicle.”

The victim, Bradi Hudson, 22, told police the windshield of her 2008 Ford Special had been cracked and the top dented sometime after she parked the vehicle at The Landings, Riverside Forest Way, about 8 p.m. Friday. She saw the damage about 10 a.m. Saturday.

When Hudson saw the damage, she also found a note on the vehicle that stated, “I know what happened to your car.” The note contained the name and phone number for Kirstie Allen, 21, who resides at the Landings.

DeBusk said Allen provided Hudson with the names of Bray and Michael C. Grandinetti, 26, who share an apartment at The Landings, as the people responsible for the damage.

Allen told Hudson that “there had been males drinking and throwing beer bottles and golf balls at her vehicle,” according to a police report.

Allen said she called E-911 when she observed two people throwing beer bottles off the balcony. She said she recognized them as Bray, 20, and Grandinetti, 26, a University of Tennessee graduate who formerly worked in the video department of the UT football office.

Because Hudson doesn’t want to pursue the matter, DeBusk said no charges will be filed in connection with the vandalism.

On Monday, Allen called police to report that her car had been vandalized. The report noted that Allen suspected someone smashed her vehicle’s windshield in retaliation for her telling authorities about those responsible for throwing beer bottles and golf balls from an apartment balcony.

Allen went into her apartment Monday to eat lunch about 1:10 p.m., according to the incident report. When she left her apartment about 30 minutes later, she saw that the front windshield of her car had been smashed. She estimated the damages at more than $500.

Allen said an office manager in the apartment complex told her Bray and Grandinetti had been served with an eviction notice just prior to her arriving home for lunch.

DeBusk said because no one witnessed the vandalism to Allen’s vehicle, no charges are expected.

Grandinetti, a former manager with the Lady Vols basketball program, is now employed by UT’s business department as a technology integrated specialist, according to his LinkedIn page.

DeBusk said Knoxville Police Chief David Rausch on Monday evening alerted UT Police Chief Troy Lane and football coach Derek Dooley about Bray’s alleged involvement in two incidents.

“We made them aware that he was a suspect in an incident — in two incidents,” DeBusk said.

Rausch alerted Dooley and the UT police chief because “we have a very good working relationship with UT,” DeBusk said, and also to determine Grandinetti’s status with the university.

UT associate athletic director for communications Jimmy Stanton told the News Sentinel that “Tyler was neither arrested nor evicted. And we have no further comment on the matter.”

This is the second offseason incident involving a UT football player. Sophomore tight end Cameron Clear was dismissed from the team in May after he was charged with theft of a laptop from a UT baseball player. He pleaded guilty last Friday in Knox County General Sessions Court to an amended charge of misdemeanor theft.

Bray, who has started parts of the past two seasons, is one of UT’s most prominent players. Last week, Dooley called him “the face of our offense” during SEC Football Media Days, which Bray also attended, in Hoover, Ala.

Bray missed five games with a fractured thumb last season and didn’t become a starter until the last five games of his freshman season. Yet, he already ranks seventh at UT with 35 career touchdown passes and ninth in career passing yardage.

Mock drafts project him as a first-round NFL pick if he chooses to leave school after his junior season. He has been named to preseason watch lists for the Danny O’Brien National Quarterback of the Year Award, Manning Award, Maxwell Award and the Walter Camp Player of the Year Award.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-02-2012, 04:01 PM

Thank you, CasselMo.:drool:

DeezNutz
09-02-2012, 04:12 PM
What I worry about the most is Pioli's track record when it comes to the size he looks for in a QB. If we don't take a QB early who are we going to take? Shit ton of short QBs. If we don't grab one in the first you are left with Smith (listed at 6'3, don't think Pioli has drafted anyone under 6'4) Bray, Manuel, Mettenberger, Glennon (will the bolded declare?) and then a bunch of 3rd day/FA projected QBs.

Choke for Crist!!! (Not sure I'm doing this right)

Smith and Bray will go in the first, and if Pioli is so entrenched in a mindset that will not look past a single inch or two...we're in deep trouble. I can't fathom this being the case.

jd1020
09-02-2012, 04:17 PM
Smith and Bray will go in the first, and if Pioli is so entrenched in a mindset that will not look past a single inch or two...we're in deep trouble. I can't fathom this being the case.

I doubt they both go in the first. I believe in the entire history of football only 2 years did 5 or more QBs get drafted in the first. 1999 was the last time.

Smith is on the outside looking in based on all the projections and I doubt Bray even declares. Too many better rated QBs and a shitty offseason for Bray to declare.

Setsuna
09-02-2012, 04:19 PM
Bray does have character issues. I knew that anyway. It doesn't matter because the NFL will correct that for sure.

Titty Meat
09-02-2012, 04:31 PM
Is Jeff Brantley available?

Tombstone RJ
09-02-2012, 05:07 PM
Tyler wilson!

NO! I don't want Wilson to be a chef. I'd rather you all draft another QB bust from USC.

RealSNR
09-02-2012, 05:10 PM
I doubt they both go in the first. I believe in the entire history of football only 2 years did 5 or more QBs get drafted in the first. 1999 was the last time.

Smith is on the outside looking in based on all the projections and I doubt Bray even declares. Too many better rated QBs and a shitty offseason for Bray to declare.

Projections had Nick Foles possibly challenging Andrew Luck for #1 overall last year.

They're pretty much meaningless. QBs with NFL talent and tools who put up good performances get drafted in the first round. Period.

jd1020
09-02-2012, 05:11 PM
Projections had Nick Foles possibly challenging Andrew Luck for #1 overall last year.

They're pretty much meaningless. QBs with NFL talent and tools who put up good performances get drafted in the first round. Period.

Gotta link to this projection of Foles challenging for the #1 pick?

BryanBusby
09-02-2012, 05:13 PM

lol please go on

RealSNR
09-02-2012, 05:13 PM
Gotta link to this projection of Foles challenging for the #1 pick?

Before the 2011 college football season started, a lot of mocks had Luck as #1 overall with Foles closely behind him at #2. NFLdraftscout and Walter Football were two publications that projected him to go that high.

jd1020
09-02-2012, 05:15 PM
I definitely don't recall any of those, unless they were only using SRs (which nfldraftscout does until the JRs declare), but they don't project rounds this early either.

And here is Walterfootballs Foles writeup from 8/18/11:

"8/18/11: Nick Foles is a big quarterback with an NFL skill set. Last year, he threw for 3,191 yards with 20 touchdowns and 10 interceptions while completing 67 percent of his passes. Foles was consistent with his sophomore production when he completed 64 percent of his passes for 2,486 yards. He tossed 19 touchdowns and nine interceptions.

Foles’ completion percentage is inflated by the number of short-swing passes he threw. In order to improve as a prospect, Foles needs to become more accurate in the intermediate and deep part of the field. There were times where he was bailed out on throws by wide receiver Juron Criner.

Foles has the arm and pocket presence to become a starting quarterback in the NFL. He'll need more developmental practice time compared to the top-three signal callers in the draft. Foles needs to work on going through his progressions and finding an open receiver. He has the tendency to only look at one side of the field. Foles needs to increase his touchdowns and decrease his interceptions to improve his status. "

Sounds like Walter thought he was challenging for the #1 pick!

Sorter
09-02-2012, 05:34 PM

SNR, I like you man. You're a good poster and I love that someone acknowledges what Copper does and his value.

That being said...

http://www.boston.com/sports/touching_all_the_bases/TOM-BRADY-PIC-1.jpg

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSM6oCw-XXFVGV2uUSKDDi97yinVu02v1MxbIbV4jObokm26mqf7Q&t=1

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQsmJKwzlcMjjXXYDam1-GilpvPN-Wzip_Ua7s-BZcsbcTEQI9p&t=1

Granted, Dalton was nearly a 1st round pick. The point is, there are plenty of capable QBs who each year fall out of the 1st round, just as there are plenty drafted in the first round who won't live up to their expectations in all likelihood (i.e. Gabbert, Locker, Ponder, Weeden, as more recent examples)

Chris Meck
09-02-2012, 06:30 PM
true. I think you've just got to start taking them. We need the best one on the board in round one next year, and I might take another somewhere in the mid rounds, too. And I'd do it again in '14 if neither look like world beaters. Enough already.

Mr_Tomahawk
09-02-2012, 06:45 PM
We won't draft a qb on the first day. Pioli will chat with his buddy charlie who will convince him to take Crist in the mid-late rounds...

NJChiefsFan
09-02-2012, 07:17 PM
It's like Brady purposely made himself look like a ball of sick in that pick just so that the end result in comparison would be epic.

Setsuna
09-02-2012, 07:42 PM
We won't draft a qb on the first day. Pioli will chat with his buddy charlie who will convince him to take Crist in the mid-late rounds...

Your boy Wilson will definitely be there in the 5th round. He'll bust so bad this year. Enjoy!

Mr_Tomahawk
09-02-2012, 07:43 PM
Your boy Wilson will definitely be there in the 5th round. He'll bust so bad this year. Enjoy!

I can hardly read the text on your signature...

#signaturefail

Frankie
09-02-2012, 08:06 PM

Geno Smith

Yowza

Advantage, Wilson IMO.

Are you kidding?! The boy has "1st round pick" written all over him. The only way he might fall to 3rd is if he has a bad injury or actually shits his pants on the field every other game.

Frankie
09-02-2012, 08:14 PM

My man, I'm a Cyclone fan too. But "great?!"... I highly doubt it. Jantz looked OK, nothing special.

Setsuna
09-02-2012, 08:18 PM
I can hardly read the text on your signature...

#signaturefail

LMAO I'll change it.

ChiefsCountry
09-02-2012, 08:58 PM
It's like Brady purposely made himself look like a ball of sick in that pick just so that the end result in comparison would be epic.

Michigan had a super stud hometown recruit, Brady always was the better Qb but had to split time so much.
Posted via Mobile Device

Saccopoo
09-02-2012, 08:59 PM
Advantage, Wilson IMO.

What?!

Are you serious?

32 of 36 with 4 TD's versus 19 of 27 with 3 TD's?

You obviously have your personal fav, but at least be honest when the facts are there.

ChiefsCountry
09-02-2012, 09:00 PM
Geno Smith has Chan Gailey written all over him.
Posted via Mobile Device

Frankie
09-02-2012, 09:12 PM
Bray does have character issues. I knew that anyway. It doesn't matter because the NFL will correct that for sure.

Based on.....?

Now I know you are in this thread to troll.

Frankie
09-02-2012, 09:17 PM
What?!

Are you serious?

32 of 36 with 4 TD's versus 19 of 27 with 3 TD's?

You obviously have your personal fav, but at least be honest when the facts are there.

I haven't settled on a personal fav yet. But Wilson's stats here tell of someone who is completing some long balls. I'm tired of dink and dunk.

RustShack
09-02-2012, 10:11 PM
My man, I'm a Cyclone fan too. But "great?!"... I highly doubt it. Jantz looked OK, nothing special.

What? Those are two completely different things. He physically has everything you look for in a QB, which is what I said. That has nothing to do with how he played. But he did look very good in that game. Can't really say great, because he wasn't asked to do anything clutch this time.(last year he proved he was clutch all three healthy games though).

DeezNutz
09-02-2012, 11:59 PM
Geno Smith has Chan Gailey written all over him.
Posted via Mobile Device

This suggests that he's some sort of gimmick QB, and I don't believe he is; far from it, in fact.

Given his size and skill set, he'll rocket up draft boards this year.

Interested to watch Thomas this evening, as he's a QB I don't know a lot about at this point.

ChiefsCountry
09-03-2012, 12:07 AM
This suggests that he's some sort of gimmick QB, and I don't believe he is; far from it, in fact.

Given his size and skill set, he'll rocket up draft boards this year.

Interested to watch Thomas this evening, as he's a QB I don't know a lot about at this point.

I don't consider him a gimmick Qb. He is a what Quincy Carter was suppose to be.
Posted via Mobile Device

NewChief
09-03-2012, 06:18 AM

I keep seeing you predict this, so I've got to ask why you think it.

Hogs as a team may step back quite a bit this year, but I predict Wilson doesn't.

jspchief
09-03-2012, 07:54 AM
Just stop.

Saccopoo
09-03-2012, 09:24 AM
I haven't settled on a personal fav yet. But Wilson's stats here tell of someone who is completing some long balls. I'm tired of dink and dunk.

You better get used to it as that's what Daboll uses and what the personel of this offense is set up to be. Hillis, Boss, Moeaki, Baldwin, Bowe, Breaston and McCluster. This isn't a stretch the field offense.

And WVU uses the same offense that you saw from OSU in the recent past as former OSU offensive coordinator Dan Holgorsen is now the offensive coordinator for West Virginia.

But don't think that because he threw the ball nine more times than Wilson and completed all of them but four that he doesn't have the arm strength. He does. In fact, I think that they are very similiar in their size, arm, athleticism and on the field demeanor. I wouldn't bitch about having either one really.

Between Barkley, Wilson, Jones and Smith, you've got four players who are very close in skill set and talent. IMO, all four are legitimate first round type players with excellent upside. Add Glennon (who I think has a ton of potential) and Manuel (who is raw, but the tools are all there), you've got six senior QBs who have a lot of talent. It's a nice QB class just based on the seniors alone thinking about potential draftees like Thomas, Bray and Murray. (Though, I think that those three juniors have more question marks about their game as it translates to the NFL versus the senior prospects. Thomas - is he a natural passer or just a huge athlete? Bray - does he have the maturity to be a success at the next level? Murray - size issues.)

The four top senior QB's are almost interchangable in terms of size, athleticism and talent. It's a nice QB class.

Chiefnj2
09-03-2012, 10:08 AM
Landry jones sucks.

Sorter
09-03-2012, 10:33 AM
Landry jones sucks.

http://i46.tinypic.com/2w2igc6.jpg

Rausch
09-03-2012, 10:38 AM
40 time and bench press rheps.

Pioli wants to know...

ChiefsCountry
09-03-2012, 12:38 PM
I keep seeing you predict this, so I've got to ask why you think it.

Hogs as a team may step back quite a bit this year, but I predict Wilson doesn't.

He has also been an idiot about Murray and Manuel since they are Florida's rivals.