PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Stanzi vs Tanney - QB3

pr_capone
08-30-2012, 07:32 PM
Stanzi had his shot and shit the bed. Tanney in his very first series with an NFL team looked more composed and throws a prettier ball. Yeah he played for a bullshit college but you don't get NCAA records if you are complete dogshit.

Tanney for QB3!!!

/to the ship?

TLO
08-30-2012, 07:33 PM
It depends on what happens on this drive.

In58men
08-30-2012, 07:34 PM
Can't keep giving QB chances, that's how a team misses out on good QBs.

Tanney should stay

heh

CoMoChief
BUT STANZI IS BETTER THAN CASSEL, HE JUST NEEDS TO PLAY WITH THE ONES!!!! /CP

jd1020
The Tanney shit is fun and all. But there is no chance he makes the roster as the #3 over Stanzi. Doesn't matter if he is better than Stanzi.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-30-2012, 07:35 PM
Make it stop.

Stinger
This place never disappoints. LMAO LMAO LMAO

TLO
The Tanney shit is fun and all. But there is no chance he makes the roster as the #3 over Stanzi. Doesn't matter if he is better than Stanzi.

Why? What has Stanzi shown to prove he should even be on an NFL roster?

Coach
08-30-2012, 07:36 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/SwedeCarlson/Funnies/Gifs/funny_animated_gif_99994.gif

lewdog
08-30-2012, 07:37 PM
Iowa sucks.

pr_capone
WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?! You get an owie on your finger and you can't even come back out and fight for a roster spot?

Never mind my OP. Stanzi is the Manzi.

CoMoChief
Better hope to Christ Branden Albert doesn't get injured.

TLO
WHAT A THROW!!!!!!!

TLO
08-30-2012, 07:38 PM
WHAT THE FUCK???? LIMP DICK BASTARD IS BACK IN????

jd1020
Why? What has Stanzi shown to prove he should even be on an NFL roster?

Nothing. Too bad "showing something" is not a requirement for the Chiefs when it comes to who plays QB.

Hell... Stanzi is back in the GB game.

Chiefs Pantalones
Can we talk about Chiefs vs. Falcons now?

08-30-2012, 07:39 PM
hand off hand off hand off hand off

TLO
08-30-2012, 07:39 PM

Please. Yes.

08-30-2012, 07:40 PM
printem

jd1020
08-30-2012, 07:41 PM

What is the all-time record for most passing yards in a game? Because it's about to get broken!

J Diddy
08-30-2012, 07:41 PM
WHAT THE ****?!?!?! You get an owie on your finger and you can't even come back out and fight for a roster spot?

Never mind my OP. Stanzi is the Manzi.

He is fighting. Fighting for an injury settlement.

TLO
08-30-2012, 07:42 PM
We've all gone full Billay. I like it. :)

R8RFAN
08-30-2012, 07:43 PM
Stanzi will never be a #1 NFL QB Tanney can be

-King-
08-30-2012, 07:43 PM
Game 6.
Posted via Mobile Device

pr_capone
08-30-2012, 07:44 PM
We've all gone full Billay. I like it. :)

I haven't posted a single negative thing about Phobias business. :harumph:

BossChief
08-30-2012, 07:45 PM
Game 6, 2013 season.

Or 2014.

Rain Man
08-30-2012, 07:47 PM
Tanney will go on injured reserve with a finger bruise.

TLO
08-30-2012, 07:47 PM
Game 6.
Posted via Mobile Device

Game 9

Hoover
08-30-2012, 07:51 PM
Why do we need 3 QB? Put Tanney on the SP

Coach
08-30-2012, 07:57 PM
Why do we need 3 QB? Put Tanney on the SP

The problem with that is that some teams may take a chance on him and put him on their 3rd QB spot.

jd1020
08-30-2012, 07:58 PM
The problem with that is that some teams may take a chance on him and put him on their 3rd QB spot.

Why would someone claim him as their number 3? All he did beyond that 1 pass that didn't count was hand the ball off.

BossChief
08-30-2012, 07:59 PM

Haha

pr_capone
08-30-2012, 08:01 PM
Why would someone claim him as their number 3? All he did beyond that 1 pass that didn't count was hand the ball off.

NCAA record for all-time career touchdown passes (157)
NCAA Division III record for passing yards (14,249)

This is a kid worth taking a gamble on. Hell... it would only be the 3rd stringer. The chances of him seeing any real playing time is slim to nil but Stanzi hasn't done a damn thing to show that he should be the 3rd QB.

crazycoffey
08-30-2012, 08:07 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/SwedeCarlson/Funnies/Gifs/funny_animated_gif_99994.gif

Reported

aturnis
08-30-2012, 08:10 PM
Why is it this team cannot put one single QB in a position to succeed and the Packers and Eagles put 3 out there every preseason, then turn them into picks?

Is it coaching, offense, backup line and receiver play?

Canofbier
08-30-2012, 08:10 PM
Reported

:D

aturnis
08-30-2012, 08:15 PM
What has Brady Quinn done to earn a spot as the #2 QB? He's been outplayed by many teams #3 QB.

jd1020
08-30-2012, 08:21 PM
Just not the Chiefs #3.

DeezNutz
08-30-2012, 08:23 PM
What has Brady Quinn done to earn a spot as the #2 QB? He's been outplayed by many teams #3 QB.

This might be true, but he hasn't been outplayed by the Chiefs' #3.

Quinn sucks, but the rest of the QBs on the roster are worse, unfortunately.

aturnis
08-30-2012, 08:33 PM
This might be true, but he hasn't been outplayed by the Chiefs' #3.

Quinn sucks, but the rest of the QBs on the roster are worse, unfortunately.

My real point is that I don't think Quinn or Stanzi are as bad as they look. What do they have going for them as far as coaching, play calling and receivers and 3rd string line?

There are serious issues and I don't think it's on the QB's.

Besides the fact that our backup secondaries suck, Harrell and Coleman had a heyday, and at times their WR's helped them out immensely by making plays. I have yet to see a WR that won't make this team(anyone not named Bowe, Baldwin, Breaston, McCluster, Wylie) actually make a play for the QB. Add the terrible 3rd line play, and play calling, RRP2, how are the QB's supposed to succeed?

I know we are a running team, but what would be so wrong with being able to pass efficiently also?

jd1020
08-30-2012, 08:35 PM
I know we are a running team, but what would be so wrong with being able to pass efficiently also?

Nothing. We just don't have a QB that can do it.

DeezNutz
08-30-2012, 08:36 PM
My real point is that I don't think Quinn or Stanzi are as bad as they look. What do they have going for them as far as coaching, play calling and receivers and 3rd stringers line?

There are serious issues and I don't think it's on the QB's.

Besides the fact that our backup secondaries suck, Harrell and Coleman had a heyday, and at times their WR's helped them out immensely by making plays. I have yet to see a WR that won't make this team actually make a play for the QB. Add the terrible 3rd line play, and play calling, RRP2, how are the QB's supposed to succeed?

You might be right, but I honestly believe that our QBs simply are that bad. The lot of them. Suckage.

Cassel would be a great backup, Quinn a decent #3 (maybe), and Stanzi probably shouldn't be in the league.

BossChief
08-30-2012, 08:44 PM
GAME 6?

DeezNutz
08-30-2012, 09:01 PM
GAME 6?

When you'll be calling for Pioli to be fired?

Coogs
08-30-2012, 09:12 PM
BUT STANZI IS BETTER THAN CASSEL, HE JUST NEEDS TO PLAY WITH THE ONES!!!!

:clap::clap::clap:

BTW, this is not a statement about Stanzi being great.

Phobia
08-30-2012, 09:23 PM
You might be right, but I honestly believe that our QBs simply are that bad. The lot of them. Suckage.

Cassel would be a great backup, Quinn a decent #3 (maybe), and Stanzi probably shouldn't be in the league.

I'm an Iowa fan but I've never been a guy who pushed Stanzi as the next Brady. I don't know how anybody can possibly have made up their mind so hastily about anybody except the porous line at this point. I've never seen any QB pressured as much as Stanzi in my life. Nor have I seen receivers gain less separation. We're honestly left to evaluate Stanzi based on 3 or 4 plays in which he did have a pocket. I can't evaluate anything about Stanzi except his durability at this point. Seems like he can take a hit.

Ace Gunner
08-30-2012, 09:27 PM
http://www.pitch.com/imager/ricky-stanzi-aint-leaving-the-lower-48/b/story/2577643/1572/ricky_stanzi.jpg

aturnis
08-30-2012, 09:37 PM
I'm an Iowa fan but I've never been a guy who pushed Stanzi as the next Brady. I don't know how anybody can possibly have made up their mind so hastily about anybody except the porous line at this point. I've never seen any QB pressured as much as Stanzi in my life. Nor have I seen receivers gain less separation. We're honestly left to evaluate Stanzi based on 3 or 4 plays in which he did have a pocket. I can't evaluate anything about Stanzi except his durability at this point. Seems like he can take a hit.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Not afraid to call it as you see it, good deal.

4/7 with a thrown away pass, and a drop. One badly overthrown ball.

Had a rusher come absolutely Scott free plenty of times, turned two sure losses into 2yd gains. Took one sack he shouldn't have(no receivers open, still have to throw away or run) and another where he didn't stand a chance. His real **** up was another delay of game penalty...

Phobia
08-30-2012, 09:49 PM
His real **** up was another delay of game penalty...
I don't have a problem with young QB's taking a few of those. It happens to every single one of them until they get comfortable.

I don't know how those widebodies can be that horrible up front. They either don't have any talent at all or they're just ill-prepared.

KcMizzou
08-30-2012, 10:11 PM
Stanzi's just terrible. He's worse than Brodie Croyle ever was. I can not imagine a world in which he'd be a starting NFL QB.

Phobia
08-30-2012, 10:13 PM
Stanzi's just terrible. He's worse than Brodie Croyle ever was. I can not imagine a world in which he'd be a starting NFL QB.

Do you agree that he's getting zero protection or am I imagining shit in my head?

BossChief
08-30-2012, 10:16 PM
Phobia, its almost as if every defense we play against knows that Rob Bruggeman sucks and they exploit him on interior blitzes every game.

1/3 of the time, he has a defender in his face the second he drops back and it almost always comes right up the middle.

Phobia
08-30-2012, 10:49 PM
I'm not crying, whining, gnashing my teeth, nor making excuses. He hasn't proven anything yet. I'm not ready to give up on him yet. /no homer

aturnis
08-30-2012, 10:53 PM
I'm not crying, whining, gnashing my teeth, nor making excuses. He hasn't proven anything yet. I'm not ready to give up on him yet. /no homer

I agree. By all means, draft a QB next year, but I'd like to see Stanzi in camp again next year. Maybe by then we'll get a decent 3rd string line and better UDFA talent at receiver.

boogblaster
08-30-2012, 10:54 PM
who knows bout stanzi .. TGreen seems to think they wont give up on him yet .....

Phobia
08-30-2012, 10:56 PM
who knows bout stanzi .. TGreen seems to think they wont give up on him yet .....

I figured Green would at least mention the kid is running for his life every snap. You'd think of all people he could recognize that pressure is going to make every QB look like crap.

aturnis
08-30-2012, 11:02 PM
He did touch on it a little. Said something to the effect of "when he's had time in the pocket, he's made good decisions and throws".

Coach
08-30-2012, 11:47 PM
Ask yourself this question. Would you feel more comfortable behind a first string O-Line or a 3rd string O-line?

I think it's obvious that I would like to see what he is capable of behind the starters, not behind some guys who are camp fodders/practice squad players.

redsurfer11
08-31-2012, 04:15 AM

This is how I'm seeing it also. The kid can make all the throws. Some day we can evaluate him behind a real O-Line. Until then, he stays at #3

crazycoffey
08-31-2012, 04:38 AM

I guess I'm wondering why the coddling? Last year was the year to really test what Stanzi could be, or is. And Tyler fucking Palko was the better wingman. Then we went and looked for another Wingman in Orton. The season was for all practical purposes lost, why not see Stanzi in at least one or two games before protecting him from David Carr's fate?

I want to cheer for him, but I'm not seeing anything at all to cheer for.

qabbaan
08-31-2012, 05:54 AM
I would go with Tanney at this point. Stanzi hasn't shown anything. People are making excuses for him like they always did with Croyle. I think we are seeing why Palko got to play last year and then they brought in someone before putting Stanzi on the field, he just hasnt developed.

He is a message board hero and nothing more.

Black Bob
08-31-2012, 06:09 AM
I didn't watch the second half but I am for Tanney over Stanzi. If he has shown anything he deserves a shot. At least on the practice squad.

suds79
08-31-2012, 06:13 AM
I didn't watch the second half but I am for Tanney over Stanzi. If he has shown anything he deserves a shot. At least on the practice squad.

I'd be okay with keeping Tanney I see no reason to keep Stanzi at all.

Black Bob
08-31-2012, 06:15 AM
I'd be okay with keeping Tanney I see no reason to keep Stanzi at all.

I haven't seen any reason for keeping him the entire preseason. Be careful, it makes people mad when you say that LOL.

Rasputin
08-31-2012, 07:51 AM
All aboard the Tanney train.
QB3otf

Bump
08-31-2012, 08:01 AM
I'm for Tanney. If Stanzi sucks, he sucks.

Phobia
08-31-2012, 08:04 AM
Hahahahahahaha - I like Tanney too. But hitching your wagon to that kid after a couple series last night is like deciding you want to marry a girl after you see one boob.

qabbaan
08-31-2012, 08:11 AM
Hahahahahahaha - I like Tanney too. But hitching your wagon to that kid after a couple series last night is like deciding you want to marry a girl after you see one boob.

Well, what if it's one outstanding boob?

barry_smilez20
08-31-2012, 08:12 AM

poor Roy

Black Bob
08-31-2012, 08:14 AM
I'll take a hot chick with one boob over an ugly chick with two boobs every day of the week. I'm an ass man anyway! I'm for cutting Stanzi, putting Tanney on the PS, and signing a vet.

Phobia
08-31-2012, 08:44 AM
I'll take a hot chick with one boob over an ugly chick with two boobs every day of the week. I'm an ass man anyway! I'm for cutting Stanzi, putting Tanney on the PS, and signing a vet.

That's wonderful. I'm certain that's not going to happen regardless of how any of us feel about Stanzi but you go ahead and think that.

durtyrute
08-31-2012, 08:51 AM
Stanzi isn't going anywhere after one full offseason and like 15 snaps.

Black Bob
08-31-2012, 09:21 AM

I think you guys are probably right. However, I will not be suprised if he is cut or put on the practice squad. Especially after Quinn got banged up last night.

Mr. Laz
08-31-2012, 09:24 AM
cut Stanzi and move on ... tired of seeing the same guys sucking each year

there is a young QB with more polish than him out there

why get attached to these shitty players

80% of our secondary personnel should hit the dam road too

Mr. Laz
08-31-2012, 09:26 AM
Russell Wilson needed all of a half of preseason to make Stanzi look like a scrub.

hell ... half of the young QB we faced this preseason have looked light years ahead of Stanzi.

just move on

durtyrute
08-31-2012, 09:29 AM
I think you guys are probably right. However, I will not be suprised if he is cut or put on the practice squad. Especially after Quinn got banged up last night.

I was/am co co captin of the Stanzi Express. I still have faith in the guy. He definitely hasn't helped himself with his play, but he always seems to be running for his life as soon as he hikes the ball. I don't know if that's him, not calling protections, or if it's the line. I don't think they will cut him, but I could see why if they did.

durtyrute
08-31-2012, 09:31 AM
Russell Wilson needed all of a half of preseason to make Stanzi look like a scrub.

hell ... half of the young QB we faced this preseason have looked light years ahead of Stanzi.

just move on

You are definitely right. What I was trying to figure out is how much of that is our shitty second and third string defense. Like last night, right when they were talking about Harrell looking like shit in the preseason he throws two bombs back to back because of a blown assignment or just shitty DB play.

I don't think it's a coincidence that pretty much every back up QB we have faced looks like Tom Brady when they go up against our second and third stringers.

ModSocks
08-31-2012, 09:41 AM

just move on

I said it yesterday, and I'll say it again: We don't need Stanzi to be Tom Brady, but we do need him to be Russel Wilson.

We have to stop acting like it's 2002 and realize that year after year, QB's are drafted and show good promise despite their circumstances. This modern age of football is producing good, young QB's at a high rate. This year there appears to be promising players in Wilson, Luck, Foles & RGIII. Last year it was Newton and Dalton....Hell T.J Yates won a playoff game.

We are looking for a FRANCHISE QB, one that is suppose to Elevate the play of his team mates. I don't care if it's first string or 3rd string, i want to see a consistent ability to lead his team into scoring position. At the end of the day results are what matters, and Stanzi just hasn't shown anything.

It almost feels like he's regressed. At least last year, with a worse line, he was making plays downfield.

Phobia
08-31-2012, 10:38 AM
It almost feels like he's regressed. At least last year, with a worse line, he was making plays downfield.

Maybe last year's line was worse on paper but this year's 2nd and 3rd string lines are just letting defenders run free in the backfield. Luck would have turned in similar results and by no stretch am I suggesting Stanzi is anywhere close to luck. There isn't a development QB in the league who can complete passes wearing defenders on their back. It's just not possible. If/When Stanzi blows throwing from a pocket, I'll be right there with everybody else asking for his walking papers. I don't know any more about Stanzi today than I did two years ago except that he's durable and prone to taking a delay of game penalty.

TEX
08-31-2012, 10:40 AM

just move on

Yep. The sooner the better. Plus most everyone's backup is better than our starter.

TEX
08-31-2012, 10:42 AM
cut Stanzi and move on ... tired of seeing the same guys sucking each year

there is a young QB with more polish than him out there

why get attached to these shitty players

80% of our secondary personnel should hit the dam road too

:clap: THIS - ALL DAY LONG!

Steron
08-31-2012, 10:48 AM
I am so off the Stanzi bandwagon. Trade him for a some practice balls. Cut him. Who cares? Give Tanney a shot.

htismaqe
08-31-2012, 10:54 AM
It really doesn't matter.

This front office and coaching staff isn't going to develop a QB. I'm not even sure they can.

Dave Lane
08-31-2012, 10:57 AM
I hope they put Tanney on the practice squad, I really like his moxie, however someone is fucking up these QBs pretty badly. I'm thinking its that idiot Zorn. Even Stanzi is playing scared / looking at the pass rush first. He never did that before Zorn got hold of him. Looks like mini Cassel out there now.

Dayze
08-31-2012, 10:59 AM
It really doesn't matter.

This front office and coaching staff isn't going to develop a QB. I'm not even sure they can.

agree eleventyyy %.

I sincerely think that (In Pioli's and/or Clarks mind) drafting a QB in the 1st, early 2nd is a signal to the fans of "uh oh, we're going to start losing" and the 'rebuilding' term.

I think they're too frightened. You know....they don't want to run the risk of a losing season, or missing the playoffs,. .....wait a minute.....

durtyrute
08-31-2012, 10:59 AM
I hope they put Tanney on the practice squad, I really like his moxie, however someone is fucking up these QBs pretty badly. I'm thinking its that idiot Zorn. Even Stanzi is playing scared / looking at the pass rush first. He never did that before Zorn got hold of him. Looks like mini Cassel out there now.

For the most part, this whole preseason he has had a 300 pound monster up his ass as soon as he hikes the ball.

Most QB's would look at the pass rush under those circumstances as well.

qabbaan
08-31-2012, 11:00 AM
No one will play this year besides Cassel. The team does not want competition. Competition is destabilizing, creates dissent. Creates alternate viewpoints. So long as nothing happens to upset things like a better QB being brought in, Cassel is the unquestioned starter and they then proceed with the plan for 2012, which is to hope the team can play well enough to keep Cassel from having to do anything.

I don't think there will ever be a QB controversy on a Pioli led team. If a QB change occurs it will probably only occur in the offseason. They place so much importance on every ship being pointed in the same direction, it does not seem like their style.

Maybe this explains their unwillingness to draft a first round QB. They don't want to start a rookie but they are unwilling to have a controversy either.

ModSocks
08-31-2012, 11:05 AM
We should should just have Charles hand the ball off to Hillis. Our QB is the worst player on offense, lets just go the Miami route and remove him from the offense.

Phobia
08-31-2012, 11:08 AM
For the most part, this whole preseason he has had a 300 pound monster up his ass as soon as he hikes the ball.

Most QB's would look at the pass rush under those circumstances as well.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees this. Dumping Stanzi now would be the equivalent of dumping a punter who had every preseason punt blocked because the Chiefs sent out 7 thirteen year old boys to block for him. Get rid of the boys who can't block.

rico
08-31-2012, 12:43 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees this. Dumping Stanzi now would be the equivalent of dumping a punter who had every preseason punt blocked because the Chiefs sent out 7 thirteen year old boys to block for him. Get rid of the boys who can't block.

Hell, I've noticed it and don't understand why so few haven't. I do like the logic of "elite QB's like Aaron Rodgers are able to work around having an O' line that doesn't block well for them." Stanzi shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as someone like Aaron Rodgers, but damn, he hasn't received any favors from the line. Dude has had no time to react. He also hasn't done himself any favors though, even when he has had the few legit opportunities that he's had.

Due to those circumstances, it's still a small sample size to judge from with Stanzi, IMO.

I will say this though.... Stanzi looks so much more indecisive and hesitant than he did as a rookie without an offseason to work. I don't know what that's about...... Are he and Daboll not a compatible QB/OC combination?

Black Bob
08-31-2012, 01:03 PM
Yeah but he threw picks every day in training camp. He really struggled in practice. From what I read anyway....

durtyrute
08-31-2012, 01:39 PM
Hell, I've noticed it and don't understand why so few haven't. I do like the logic of "elite QB's like Aaron Rodgers are able to work around having an O' line that doesn't block well for them." Stanzi shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as someone like Aaron Rodgers, but damn, he hasn't received any favors from the line. Dude has had no time to react. He also hasn't done himself any favors though, even when he has had the few legit opportunities that he's had.

Due to those circumstances, it's still a small sample size to judge from with Stanzi, IMO.

I will say this though.... Stanzi looks so much more indecisive and hesitant than he did as a rookie without an offseason to work. I don't know what that's about...... Are he and Daboll not a compatible QB/OC combination?

Yea, I've wondered what was up with that, also. Maybe it is a QB/OC conflict like you say. Maybe it's that they are on him too much, maybe not enough, who knows. I just wish he would have shown some improvement over last season. I'm still routing for him and I still believe if he can pull it together. I also still think his ceiling is higher than Cassel's but damn he isn't making easy to have his back.

durtyrute
08-31-2012, 01:39 PM
Yeah but he threw picks every day in training camp. He really struggled in practice. From what I read anyway....

I also read that he was throwing lightning bolts or WOW passes like it was nothing.

durtyrute
08-31-2012, 01:44 PM

Yea, I'm not sure why more people don't see it. It's like when he comes in people decide that he is going to suck before the play even starts. Then the line completely crumbles and they say "see I told you he sucks, he should have turned invisible like the great QB's."

whoman69
08-31-2012, 02:00 PM
Third string defenses are usually ahead of third string o-lines. If he isn't making chicken salad out of chickenshit, that's not all on him.