PDA

View Full Version : Football Grantlands NFL Trade Value chart; Flowers #35

L.A. Chieffan
08-31-2012, 08:36 PM
No other Chiefs. No Cassel seems odd. Discuss

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8316940/ranking-players-contracts-national-football-league

DTLB58
08-31-2012, 08:45 PM
I've posted it twice this week in separate threads. I would draft his replacement soon. He is to short for the stud WR's coming up these days. All these guys are 6'2"-6'5".

At 5'9" he is going to get dominated. If I could trade him and get great value, not good. I would do it and play Travis Daniels there and I would be comfortable with it.

chiefforlife
08-31-2012, 08:46 PM
Aron Rodgers is getting hosed.

Sorter
08-31-2012, 11:47 PM
I would personally like to see us test Flowers inside. Hypothetically, if we could move Flowers inside next year, we could draft a corner in the 2nd round who would be larger. Again, this only based on if Flowers could play inside.

jspchief
08-31-2012, 11:49 PM
I would personally like to see us test Flowers inside. Hypothetically, if we could move Flowers inside next year, we could draft a corner in the 2nd round who would be larger. Again, this only based on if Flowers could play inside.

:confused:

Sorter
08-31-2012, 11:53 PM
Why? If we could move 5'9 Flowers inside, he'd potentially have a better matchup with slot receivers (i.e Welker, Harvin, etc) than playing against 6'2 plus receivers on the outside. Again, this isn't asking he get moved there now or permanently. I think that it wouldn't be a horrible idea to move him inside occasionally on 3rd down if we had another corner who could match up outside (i.e. having Carr and Routt). You have the potential to upgrade the slot and the outside if you were able to draft a larger corner who could play outside and if FLowers>Arenas in teh slot.

pr_capone
08-31-2012, 11:55 PM

Flowers taking over K.Lew's spot at S? I wouldn't be opposed to it.

Landry + DeMarcus Milliner / Carrington Byndom / Jordan Poyer?

TO THE SHIP!

Sorter
08-31-2012, 11:57 PM
^^^Lulz.

pr_capone
09-01-2012, 12:00 AM
^^^Lulz.

I know here meme is old and moldy like a lunchbox left out too long but she is soooo damn cute.

Sorter
09-01-2012, 12:37 AM
I know here meme is old and moldy like a lunchbox left out too long but she is soooo damn cute.

http://chan.catiewayne.com/b/src/132866036959.gif

Pasta Little Brioni
09-01-2012, 04:46 AM
I've posted it twice this week in separate threads. I would draft his replacement soon. He is to short for the stud WR's coming up these days. All these guys are 6'2"-6'5".

At 5'9" he is going to get dominated. If I could trade him and get great value, not good. I would do it and play Travis Daniels there and I would be comfortable with it.

You have to be fucking shitting me. No he is not getting "dominated" and no he won't just because the recievers are tall.

bevischief
09-01-2012, 05:15 AM
wtf

CoMoChief
09-01-2012, 06:11 AM
I'd draft a CB in the first rd next season.

Don't know of any other position we'd be able to use a 1st rd pick on.....perhaps safety or ILB.

I guess it also depends on what happens w/ Bowe.

BigMeatballDave
09-01-2012, 06:18 AM
I'd draft a CB in the first rd next season.

Don't know of any other position we'd be able to use a 1st rd pick on .....perhaps safety or ILB.

I guess it also depends on what happens w/ Bowe.Um, quarterback?

BoneKrusher
09-01-2012, 06:20 AM
Um, quarterback?

this x 100

R8RFAN
09-01-2012, 08:21 AM
Andrew Luck signed a 4 yr 22 million dollar deal?

He got Low Balled

mcaj22
09-01-2012, 09:34 AM
Why? If we could move 5'9 Flowers inside, he'd potentially have a better matchup with slot receivers (i.e Welker, Harvin, etc) than playing against 6'2 plus receivers on the outside. Again, this isn't asking he get moved there now or permanently. I think that it wouldn't be a horrible idea to move him inside occasionally on 3rd down if we had another corner who could match up outside (i.e. having Carr and Routt). You have the potential to upgrade the slot and the outside if you were able to draft a larger corner who could play outside and if FLowers>Arenas in teh slot.

here's why we can't move Flowers inside

Javier Arenas
Donald Washington
Jalil Brown

which means Pioli is terrible at drafting and evaluating a good outside cover corner. He tries to draft for "smarts" and the "right 53" and all that crap, instead of athletic talent even if they are stupid. He looks at intangibles that aren't speed, agility, etc so a guy can buy in. That is an awful to handle the CB position that relies so much on natural talent and skillsets.

he has hard on for drafting midget CBs too. (Terreance Wheatley in the 2nd, Javier Arenas, Ellis Hobbs, etc) and he just whiffs on CBs all the time. He's never been good at that position.

BigMeatballDave
09-01-2012, 09:49 AM
Andrew Luck signed a 4 yr 22 million dollar deal?

He got Low Balled

Not really

ThaVirus
09-01-2012, 09:50 AM
I wouldn't be opposed to trading him in a season or two. I think he'll have a rough time when he hits 29/30 and starts losing his speed. He's short and not that fast to begin with so that won't be a good combo- Patrick Surtain all over again.

Of course, that would be conditional on our CB situation at that point. If it still looks like dogshit then we need to keep him. He'll at least be a solid starter into his early 30s due to his smarts and tackling ability.

R8RFAN
09-01-2012, 09:57 AM
Not really

Not enough info Dave.... Elaborate

Ace Gunner
09-01-2012, 09:59 AM
No other Chiefs. No Cassel seems odd. Discuss

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8316940/ranking-players-contracts-national-football-league

Why would a GM want to trade for a curse:)

Ace Gunner
09-01-2012, 10:05 AM
here's why we can't move Flowers inside

Javier Arenas
Donald Washington
Jalil Brown

which means Pioli is terrible at drafting and evaluating a good outside cover corner. He tries to draft for "smarts" and the "right 53" and all that crap, instead of athletic talent even if they are stupid. He looks at intangibles that aren't speed, agility, etc so a guy can buy in. That is an awful to handle the CB position that relies so much on natural talent and skillsets.

he has hard on for drafting midget CBs too. (Terreance Wheatley in the 2nd, Javier Arenas, Ellis Hobbs, etc) and he just whiffs on CBs all the time. He's never been good at that position.

This staff's game is front seven/pass rush with an okay back end. Pretty much what the Giants do too. Tom Coughlin is part of the Parcells tree, so it's how these men roll, Romeo included.

Just need to get those crafty mobile BFF's on that DL. Takes time to find/develop those players and this team did the current staff no favors in that area. So, you got your Flowers. He gets burned now and then because there's no good enough pass rush/front seven.

BigMeatballDave
09-01-2012, 10:29 AM
Not enough info Dave.... Elaborate

Rookie salaries are not like they used to be.

It's not like he would get more had another team drafted him.

DTLB58
09-01-2012, 11:01 AM

I could live with that, depending on trade offers. But if RAC stays here I doubt he would ever consider agreeing to trading him.

DTLB58
09-01-2012, 11:03 AM
You have to be ****ing shitting me. No he is not getting "dominated" and no he won't just because the recievers are tall.

Did you watch games 1 & 2 of 2011?

Brock
09-01-2012, 11:06 AM

You mean the ones where the entire team looked like they never played football before? Sure.

DTLB58
09-01-2012, 11:16 AM
You mean the ones where the entire team looked like they never played football before? Sure.

Nice how you tried to change the subject there ;)

But I was talking about, including when Flowers got beat for TD's by bigger, Taller WR's?

themanwithnoname
09-01-2012, 11:46 AM
I certainly wouldn't complain if we got bigger corners that outplayed Flowers, but where are you people getting that Flowers is such a liability all of a sudden?

Nice how you tried to change the subject there ;)

But I was talking about, including when Flowers got beat for TD's by bigger, Taller WR's?

Right, because those guys don't do the same thing to taller corners. Revis is only 5'11 and he does pretty well.

O.city
09-01-2012, 11:52 AM
How many corners are there in the league that are over 6 feet tall? Wr's are always going to be bigger than CB's.

Dayze
09-01-2012, 11:57 AM
He ain't got shit on Warfield

Pasta Little Brioni
09-01-2012, 12:22 PM

Did you watch all his other career games where he's played at a near Pro Bowl level? Never faced a tall guy though!!!!!!

A Salt Weapon
09-01-2012, 12:47 PM
He tries to draft for "smarts".

Like Poe, real textbook burner there. Surprised he choose football over being a doctor.

:-)
Posted via Mobile Device

Cornstock
09-01-2012, 12:54 PM

Attribute it to my lack of internet savvy or whatever, but who is that? Is it supposed to be someone of significance?

pr_capone
09-01-2012, 12:57 PM
Attribute it to my lack of internet savvy or whatever, but who is that? Is it supposed to be someone of significance?

Not really. She made internet fame when she posted a series of videos to people who play a certain online game. Her youtube videos got a ton of hits and 4 chan adopter her as their mascot (queen) for a while.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/boxxy

Cornstock
09-01-2012, 01:03 PM
Not really. She made internet fame when she posted a series of videos to people who play a certain online game. Her youtube videos got a ton of hits and 4 chan adopter her as their mascot (queen) for a while.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/boxxy

Ahh hah! I've seen that Sorter's picture has been that for a while and just never knew/thought to ask who it was. From the pics in that link she seems like the typical over-use-of-make-up-flash-in-the-pan-internet-star. Definitely cute tho.

Mr. Laz
09-01-2012, 01:25 PM
35. Brandon Flowers
The Chiefs look like geniuses for locking up their star cornerback early, considering inferior players like Finnegan and Brandon Carr got bigger deals in free agency. It would also be nice if Justin Timberlake played him in a crazy dream sequence from a Richard Kelly movie (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdhois-aiYs). ooooh ... people around here are going to be pissed about that

mcaj22
09-01-2012, 02:49 PM
How many corners are there in the league that are over 6 feet tall? Wr's are always going to be bigger than CB's.

there are more than you think....

Carr
Corey Webster
Prince Amukamara
DRC
Nnamdi
Charles Tillman
Jarrett Bush
Chris Cook
Patrick Peterson
Carlos Rogers
Richard Sherman
Brandon Browner
Chris Gamble
Aqib Talib
Jammer
Antoine Cason
Ron Bartell
Shawntae Spencer
Stanford Routt
Champ Bailey
Ike Taylor
Keenan Lewis
Nate Clements
Cary Williams/Jimmy Smith
Jason McCourty
Rashean Mathis
Derek Cox
Cro
Sean Smith
Aaron Williams
Stephon Gilmore

about 1/2 the league has starting CBs that are 6'0'' or taller. Most are about 5'10 though

finding 5'9'' midgets is a lot rare though, guys like Brent Grimes, Flowers, Josh Wilson... being that small and trying to play the outside against WRs of today is probably one of the hardest things at the NFL level. So hats off to those guys for being able to play at a high level despite being the smallest at their position going up against guys like Megatron, Andre Johnson, etc.

O.city
09-01-2012, 02:52 PM
Massive difference in 5"10 and 5"9 eh

Ace Gunner
09-01-2012, 03:07 PM
shit on Warfield

FYP