PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Conspiracy Theory,,,,Did Tanney go on IR to protect him from other teams?

Trivers
09-01-2012, 09:56 AM
What exactly is "wrong" with Tanney?

Does anyone have video of him getting his "ouchie"?

Could he be the "One"? Our QBOTF?? :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdkdQtlF-RU

Are Teams allowed to "park" non practice squad players on IR?

Can they practice with the others?

R8RFAN
09-01-2012, 10:01 AM
Well if they would have put him on the practice squad he would have been claimed by somebody....

That kid has skills with a football and if he can convert those accuracy skills to being able to read defenses he could be sensation in the NFL

In58men
09-01-2012, 10:01 AM
Boy are we desperate. Every QB we bring in can now be a possibility for QBOTF

Mr. Arrowhead
09-01-2012, 10:02 AM
teams do it all the time

Bugeater
09-01-2012, 10:03 AM
Commatard on the loose.

R8RFAN
09-01-2012, 10:05 AM
If he got injured he would have to be granted an injury settlement if released.

Maybe they didn't want to pay him.

Is he on IR or is he on the PUP list?

boogblaster
09-01-2012, 10:09 AM
think he has a great arm .. hopefully he can pick-up what it takes .....

the Talking Can
09-01-2012, 10:11 AM
yeah, they went to great lengths to hide a future water boy

oldman
09-01-2012, 10:14 AM
If he got injured he would have to be granted an injury settlement if released.

Maybe they didn't want to pay him.

Is he on IR or is he on the PUP list?

He's on IR. He can't be on PUP because he practiced. I doubt the little money he would have received by being waved injuried would be a reason to put him on IR. I think we're stashing him.

R8RFAN
09-01-2012, 10:17 AM
He's on IR. He can't be on PUP because he practiced. I doubt the little money he would have received by being waved injuried would be a reason to put him on IR. I think we're stashing him.

May be a project worth it... It's not like the Cheaps don't have a stash of cash to easily pay him.

DaneMcCloud
09-01-2012, 10:18 AM
teams do it all the time

No, they don't.

If teams are found to be "hiding" players on IR, they can be fined and lose draft picks.

Trivers
09-01-2012, 10:19 AM
So if he is being stashed on IR, can he practice?

L.A. Chieffan
09-01-2012, 10:21 AM
Trash Can Man

R8RFAN
09-01-2012, 10:22 AM
According to NFL rules a team may place a player on injured reserve who is "not immediately available for participation with a club".

These players may not practice or return to the active list for the rest of the season that they are placed on injured reserve, but are allowed to be with the team.

Trivers
09-01-2012, 10:22 AM
No, they don't.

If teams are found to be "hiding" players on IR, they can be fined and lose draft picks.

makes sense.

"not immediately available for participation with a club". So how hurt do you have to be to qualify for IR? Jammed finger qualify?

stevenidol
09-01-2012, 10:23 AM
Is Trent Green being the color commentator on the preseason games because the Chiefs secretly think he is the QBOTF?

mcaj22
09-01-2012, 10:26 AM
we have been stashing guys on IR like this ever since Pioli came to KC.

it's the Patriot Way of grooming a player. He is able to sell it to the league because Tanney hurt his finger in a game that there is evidence of, so it makes it easier to stash him, even if Tanney's injury would heal less than a full season.

L.A. Chieffan
09-01-2012, 10:26 AM
The guy throws one incomplete pass in a joke preseason game and now theres a grand comspiracy scheme to keep him away from the rest of the league because he is "The One".

:facepalm:

Canofbier
09-01-2012, 10:28 AM
The guy throws one incomplete pass in a joke preseason game and now theres a grand comspiracy scheme to keep him away from the rest of the league because he is "The One".

To be fair, it was an impressive complete pass that was called back because of a penalty.

Trivers
09-01-2012, 10:29 AM

Your sarcasm meter is either broke or I did a poor job of making a joke.

Probably a bad joke.

L.A. Chieffan
09-01-2012, 10:31 AM
Your sarcasm meter is either broke or I did a poor job of making a joke.

Probably a bad joke.

No Im sure the rest of the league is going to investigate. Goodell is probably fielding calls from other teams lawyers right now

oldman
09-01-2012, 10:33 AM
There's no test for the extent of the injury, so it could be a hang nail. I think what's interesting is even while he can't play or practice, he's allowed to remain with the team. He can rehab at the team's facilities, he can be on the sidelines at games, and I think he can participate in film study. Even if he is from a D-3 school, he may be of value. Steve McNair and Dave Krieg came from D-3 schools and were 3 time Pro Bowlers (as opposed to 1 timer----nevermind).

Brock
09-01-2012, 10:40 AM
makes sense.

"not immediately available for participation with a club". So how hurt do you have to be to qualify for IR? Jammed finger qualify?

Sounds like a severe headache would qualify.

whoman69
09-01-2012, 12:23 PM
Only the Chiefs could have an undrafted QB whom nobody ever heard of turn into a possible QBotF. Tony Romo part deux?

Bowser
09-01-2012, 12:29 PM
No, they don't.

If they are found to be practicing with the club while IR'd, I believe.

Dante84
09-01-2012, 12:30 PM
HE KNOWS

TOO MUCH

bevischief
09-01-2012, 12:31 PM
pooptaco

Mr. Laz
09-01-2012, 12:34 PM
the bigger question is 'why would we worry about protecting a scrub?'

pr_capone
09-01-2012, 12:38 PM
the bigger question is 'why would we worry about protecting a scrub?'

because you can't be complete dogshit and get NCAA records like this kid did?

They may have seen something in practice that they really like and wanted to keep the kid around but wanted him to get a year in of studying film and team meetings to see if he has the brains to complement is arm.

just a guess... Pioli and Crennel haven't returned my phone calls yet to let me know if I am right or wrong. I'll update this thread when I get the call back.

Mr. Laz
09-01-2012, 12:41 PM
because you can't be complete dogshit and get NCAA records like this kid did?

They may have seen something in practice that they really like and wanted to keep the kid around but wanted him to get a year in of studying film and team meetings to see if he has the brains to complement is arm.

just a guess... Pioli and Crennel haven't returned my phone calls yet to let me know if I am right or wrong. I'll update this thread when I get the call back.
unless team have spies watching our practice they don't matter.

has didn't show much of anything in his limited game time

i fail to see why we had to worry about him getting poached.

just put him on the practice squad and have him learn something while running the scout team type stuff :shrug:

we fall in love way too fast with guys who haven't done shit

Mr. Laz
09-01-2012, 12:45 PM
just like Jake O'connell

why in the fuck is this worthless fucker still on the team? Gotte be a TE that can actually stay healthy out there somewhere. O'connell has been around for what ... 4 or 5 years and hasn't done shit.

just move on

pr_capone
09-01-2012, 12:51 PM
unless team have spies watching our practice they don't matter.

has didn't show much of anything in his limited game time

i fail to see why we had to worry about him getting poached.

just put him on the practice squad and have him learn something while running the scout team type stuff :shrug:

IIRC, we weren't the only team that approached him to begin with. They may have had reason to think that he would not have cleared waivers.

we fall in love way too fast with guys who haven't done shit

I think this is more lust than love. I don't think there is a single person here ready to anoint the guy as our savior and QBOTF... he just has some serious talent that COULD possibly turn into something.

If that is the case, I would 1000x rather him sit on IR and attend meetings, watch game film, and work with coaches on reading defenses than run the risk, however small, that someone would take a flyer on him based on his collegiate performance.

just like Jake O'connell

why in the **** is this worthless ****er still on the team? Gotte be a TE that can actually stay healthy out there somewhere. O'connell has been around for what ... 4 or 5 years and hasn't done shit.

just move on

QFT

Mr. Laz
09-01-2012, 12:55 PM
IIRC, we weren't the only team that approached him to begin with. They may have had reason to think that he would not have cleared waivers.

I think this is more lust than love. I don't think there is a single person here ready to anoint the guy as our savior and QBOTF... he just has some serious talent that COULD possibly turn into something.

If that is the case, I would 1000x rather him sit on IR and attend meetings, watch game film, and work with coaches on reading defenses than run the risk, however small, that someone would take a flyer on him based on his collegiate performance
QFT

I don't have anything against Tanney ... don't have opinion of him positive or negative. Hope he turns into Dan Marino II.

just seems to me like we keep the same scrubs around year after year, wasting time.

imo you give them two offseasons/training camps and if they are ready to make the regular squand and contribute in a regular season game then just cut them and move on.

there has to be better guys out there

Brock
09-01-2012, 12:57 PM
Not in love with the guy, didn't even see him play, but protecting a QB prospect is always a good idea, IMO.

Mr. Laz
09-01-2012, 01:02 PM
Not in love with the guy, didn't even see him play, but protecting a QB prospect is always a good idea, IMO.
This!/tylerPalko

I also agree with this/TylerThigpen

Agreed!!/AlexTanney

I think this is a great idea/JamesKilian

pr_capone
09-01-2012, 01:04 PM

He completed 1 of 2 passes. The one pass he completed was a bomb downfield and nearly perfectly placed... but called back on a penalty. He was "injured" on his other throw.

pr_capone
09-01-2012, 01:05 PM
This!/tylerPalko

Agreed!!/AlexTanney

Don't you talk shit on Thiggy. I would start him game 1 over Kasl 10 out of 10 times.

Mr. Laz
09-01-2012, 01:07 PM
Don't you talk shit on Thiggy. I would start him game 1 over Kasl 10 out of 10 times.
you're insane

Thigpen is not better than Cassel

Cassel might be a irritating POS but he's still an average level NFL QB.

Brock
09-01-2012, 01:08 PM
This!/tylerPalko

Agreed!!/AlexTanney

I don't know how to interpret that.

Saccopoo
09-01-2012, 01:10 PM

http://snaretapsandbeartraps.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/sj-wacky-weed.gif

ElGringo
09-01-2012, 01:10 PM
I may be wrong, but I thought at one point a rookie had to clear waivers to be placed on IR. I can't find the rule, but am not a google god either. This is the closest thing i could find dealing with it
"Defensive end Auston English and undrafted rookie cornerback Antwaun Reed also cleared waivers and were placed on injured reserve. All three players were waived/IR'd on Monday. Reed suffered a leg injury in practice on Aug. 20 and hadn't been on the field since, while English had been full-go before being held out of practice Monday with an undisclosed injury."

pr_capone
09-01-2012, 01:13 PM
you're insane

Thigpen is not better than Cassel

Cassel might be a irritating POS but he's still an average level NFL QB.

Kasl... average??? Kasl wouldn't be average if you were grading on a curve.

You are the one that is insane. Kasl is easily among the 3 worst starters in the league. Kasl would be the #2 on most rosters and even the 3rd on a few.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-01-2012, 01:16 PM
We just don't want to take a chance on Denver picking him up and then he could spill the beans about how we're going to run the ball 57 times a game.

aturnis
09-01-2012, 03:11 PM
Well if they would have put him on the practice squad he would have been claimed by somebody....

That kid has skills with a football and if he can convert those accuracy skills to being able to read defenses he could be sensation in the NFL

If this were the case he would have been on a team before we eventually picked him up.

I'm guessing it was go on IR and stay with the team, or risk not even making the practice squad and wonder when your next chance will be.

Mr. Arrowhead
09-01-2012, 03:18 PM
No, they don't.

well they get away with it all the time, because believe me it happens every single year

R8RFAN
09-01-2012, 03:26 PM
It doesn't cost a roster spot does it? If not who cares.

Brock
09-01-2012, 05:09 PM
If this were the case he would have been on a team before we eventually picked him up.

I'm guessing it was go on IR and stay with the team, or risk not even making the practice squad and wonder when your next chance will be.

He received invites from Pittsburgh and Buffalo. He chose to sign with KC.

reschief
09-01-2012, 05:23 PM
NFL Network reported Chiefs one of four teams interested in Kafka. Hoyer has been cut by Patriots. If we get one of those two - could be the end of Tanney. Maybe not with IR.

pr_capone
09-03-2012, 12:37 AM
NFL Network reported Chiefs one of four teams interested in Kafka. Hoyer has been cut by Patriots. If we get one of those two - could be the end of Tanney Stanzi. Maybe not with IR.

FYP

DaneMcCloud
09-03-2012, 12:41 AM
NFL Network reported Chiefs one of four teams interested in Kafka. Hoyer has been cut by Patriots. If we get one of those two - could be the end of Tanney. Maybe not with IR.

LMAO

J Diddy
09-03-2012, 12:52 AM
You're so delusional, it's making me delusional.

The Franchise
09-03-2012, 12:55 AM

Because if we sign Kafka....we have to cut Tanney from the IR.

Dipshit. :facepalm:

RealSNR
09-03-2012, 01:05 AM
This!/tylerPalko

Agreed!!/AlexTanney

James Kilian was the only aborted fetus of the bunch. He never got a chance.

WE'LL NEVER KNOW

royr17
09-03-2012, 03:04 AM
Both Tanney and Menzie went on IR probably to protect them from gettin picked up if the chiefs had released them and since they both had injuries they were allowed to do that. Menzie had a hip flexor and Tanney hurt his finger against Green Bay.

bevischief
09-03-2012, 04:48 AM
Pull my finger...

Ace Gunner
09-03-2012, 05:55 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SdkdQtlF-RU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bob Dole
09-03-2012, 07:54 AM
They put him on IR so Pioli could bring Matt Blundin back as Clipboard Coordinator and work with him during the season.

Hoover
09-03-2012, 08:03 AM
Isn't Tanney the replacement for Josh Looney? He does have experience making videos...