PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Team by Team Cap Space As Of Sept. 3rd

Titty Meat
09-03-2012, 11:07 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/04/team-by-team-cap-space-as-of-september-3/

[Editor's note: The current team-by-team cap report as of September 3 appears below. It remains based on the top 51 cap numbers for all players under contract. The calculation converts to entire 53-man roster plus all players on injured reserve and other reserve lists at the launch of the regular season.]

Jaguars: $28.7 million.

Chiefs: $26.6 million.

Eagles: $20.2 million.

Titans: $17.0 million.

Bengals: $15.2 million.

Buccaneers: $14.9 million.

Browns: $13.3 million.

Seahawks: $13.2 million.

Packers: $11.6 million.

Broncos: $11.1 million.

Colts: $10.1 million.

Patriots: $10.0 million.

Cardinals: $10.0 million.

Panthers: $9.2 million.

Vikings: $8.9 million.

Saints: $8.2 million.

Jets: $8.1 million.

Bills: $7.9 million.

Redskins: $7.5 million.

Bears: $6.3 million.

Raiders: $6.0 million.

Cowboys: $5.3 million.

Ravens: $5.3 million.

Steelers: $4.5 million.

Chargers: $4.1 million.

Dolphins: $4.0 million.

Rams: $4.0 million.

Giants: $3.6 million.

49ers: $3.5 million.

Falcons: $3.4 million.

Lions: $2.3 million.

Texans: $2.3 million.

RealSNR
09-03-2012, 11:18 PM
No fucking excuses why Albert shouldn't have a new contract this season.

Cornstock
09-03-2012, 11:22 PM
No ****ing excuses why Albert shouldn't have a new contract this season.

Theres no excuse why Carr and Bowe werent signed, and everyone else with an upcoming contract issue shouldnt be signed, provided its reasonable.

Cornstock
09-03-2012, 11:25 PM
I wonder if Hunt has been talking to Glass too much. At least Pioli has been hitting fairly well with the guys he does bring in.

And before it starts, I understand you don't spend money for the sake of spending money. You have to choose your shots and spend wisely. But getting Carr would've been completely reasonable, especially with a front-loaded deal.

New World Order
09-03-2012, 11:29 PM
How are the eagles up there with us?

Anyways, SNR is right Albert should already be signed to a longterm deal

Cornstock
09-03-2012, 11:36 PM
How are the eagles up there with us?

Anyways, SNR is right Albert should already be signed to a longterm deal

They must have front-loaded all those deals when they got all of those free-agents a while back. That's the only thing I can come up with without actually looking it up.

RealSNR
09-03-2012, 11:37 PM
Theres no excuse why Carr and Bowe werent signed, and everyone else with an upcoming contract issue shouldnt be signed, provided its reasonable.

You can't win them all. Pioli did very well on Hali, DJ, Flowers, and Charles the year prior. This offseason he was 0 for 2, but he gets a second chance on one of them. If we can get through three years of contacts to extend and negotiate of key home-grown players losing only Brandon Carr along the way, I'll call that a victory.

But he needs to finish it out. Albert and Bowe are the most important. They both need to stay in Kansas City long-term for our window to remain open several more seasons. It would be great if he could extend Colquitt and re-sign some guys like Daniels and Gafford whose contracts are up at the end of this year.

Direckshun
09-03-2012, 11:41 PM
The 2013 free agency pool sucks ass.

Is anybody hitting the market that's worth big money that isn't going to be immediately franchise tagged?

Pioli should drop some serious money during this season. Sign Albert, sign Colquitt, sign Dorsey, sign Hillis. Keep the tag open for Bowe.

Keep a team core for the next few years. This is a really difficult 2013 offseason.

mcaj22
09-03-2012, 11:44 PM
i think the outcome of the season (and Cassel) will depend on if these guys want to stay with a losing/mediocre culture or leave for maybe a better team/a team that wins or for more money.

Hard to do the Patriots Way and lowball young players when your team and your crap QB cant fucking be a consistent winner.

If the team wins this season it will be much more easier for Pioli to sell these guys on a prayer and a hope, that is Matt Cassel

Bump
09-03-2012, 11:47 PM
OH! we did have room for Peyton afterall...

mcaj22
09-03-2012, 11:48 PM
we had room for pretty much anyone we wanted lol

Cornstock
09-03-2012, 11:51 PM
OH! we did have room for Peyton afterall...

I don't know the exact details of what he's getting, but I'm guessing we could have paid him most of his existing contract all in his first year here.

Not that I want that brokeneck horseface on my team anyways.

BigMeatballDave
09-03-2012, 11:53 PM
Albert and Bowe, and Dorsey should be signed.

Wouldn't that number increase if they get TJ to renegotiate his deal?

Direckshun
09-03-2012, 11:55 PM
Here's the problem.

We need an aggressive move in the 2013 offseason to land us the next quarterback of the future.

We need to trade from the low 20s to like #5 overall or something.

We need to make a noise that will scream WE WANT A CHAMPIONSHIP.

We need to resign our tackle, keep Bowe and make him happy, bring back Hillis and Albert and yes even Dorsey because, let's face it, getting that QB is going to take so much effort we cannot afford to replace him on the DL. Bring in the best backup corner in free agency.

March into 2013 with an elite QB prospect, two stud WRs locked up for years, the league's best backfield with an elite OL. An experienced, powerful DL with tons of versatility and Poe entering his second year. A linebacking corps complete with passrushing, coverage ability, and line of scrimmage power, and a deep, versatile secondary.

If the QB doesn't pan out, who gives a shit? Find the one you want, trade the world in 2013 to get him, sign all your talent, and give that QB the best possible education money can buy.

BigMeatballDave
09-04-2012, 12:00 AM
Here's the problem.

We need an aggressive move in the 2013 offseason to land us the next quarterback of the future.

This QB class looks very solid, so moving up that high may not be necessary.

MMXcalibur
09-04-2012, 12:00 AM
We'll make an aggressive move for a free agent this offseason, guaranteed

....granted there's a coupon for that individual in the weekly ValPak.

Hammock Parties
09-04-2012, 12:02 AM
Same shit, new year.

Set a fire in our flesh.

Hammock Parties
09-04-2012, 12:05 AM
Here's the problem.

We need to resign our tackle, keep Bowe and make him happy, bring back Hillis and Albert and yes even Dorsey because, let's face it, getting that QB is going to take so much effort we cannot afford to replace him on the DL. Bring in the best backup corner in free agency.

March into 2013 with an elite QB prospect, two stud WRs locked up for years, the league's best backfield with an elite OL. An experienced, powerful DL with tons of versatility and Poe entering his second year. A linebacking corps complete with passrushing, coverage ability, and line of scrimmage power, and a deep, versatile secondary.

If the QB doesn't pan out, who gives a shit? Find the one you want, trade the world in 2013 to get him, sign all your talent, and give that QB the best possible education money can buy.

LMAO

If Pioli is our GM in 2013, the QB WILL be Cassel.

Rookie quarterback. You silly true fans.

BossChief
09-04-2012, 12:30 AM
I can't imagine they would chose to rollover the maximum amount if they didn't intend on using it.

If they didn't chose to rollover anything, we would only be around 7 under.

royr17
09-04-2012, 12:49 AM
We need some better ends then Jackson and Dorsey that can actually put pressure on the QB, alot Poe to get better and learn his role and draw the double and triple teams and have some ends that can put pressure on the QB's and with Hali and Houston come on the sides, oh damn that would be a nightmare for the QB.

But of course the secondary has to do their job and keep their guy blanketed at the same time.

NJChiefsFan
09-04-2012, 01:25 AM

Not saying it was the reason, but that could be part of why they both weren't signed, especially Bowe. Who knows.

Quesadilla Joe
09-04-2012, 01:46 AM
Thank God Denver still has the 10th most cap space in the league. The contracts for Clady, Decker, Thomas, and Von Miller aren't going to be cheap. I could see Denver taking care of Clady and Decker next year and then locking up DT and Von Miller the year after that.

New World Order
09-04-2012, 03:50 AM
Same shit, new year.

Set a fire in our flesh.

How can you say that?! We got steve maneri through free agency/waivers from the Patriots!

the Talking Can
09-04-2012, 04:20 AM
ha ha

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-04-2012, 06:19 AM

Maybe Pioli's strategy is to keep Bowe motivated

BoneKrusher
09-04-2012, 06:22 AM

:thumb:

Chiefs Pantalones
09-04-2012, 06:23 AM

Carr was gone no matter what. His dream was to play for Dallas as he was a Cowboys fan growing up. As far as Bowe and Albert that's coming.

New World Order
09-04-2012, 06:44 AM
Carr was gone no matter what. His dream was to play for Dallas as he was a Cowboys fan growing up. As far as Bowe and Albert that's coming.

You see us paying Bowe Larry Fitzgerald money?

Chiefs Pantalones
09-04-2012, 06:49 AM
You see us paying Bowe Larry Fitzgerald money?

If he has a Fitz type of year then he has a good argument.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-04-2012, 06:58 AM
Look, if it were up to me I think we should pay Bowe not just based on his physical performance but the mental beating he has taken during his tenure here (OCs and shitty QBs galore) but it doesn't work that way.

penguinz
09-04-2012, 08:03 AM
OH! we did have room for Peyton afterall...It was never a $ issue.

tredadda
09-04-2012, 08:19 AM
Here's the problem.

If we draft in the low 20's, no way in hell Pioli trades up that high to draft Cassel's replacement. We are still paying the price for his 1 good year in NE and his 1 *snicker* Pro Bowl season in KC.

Setsuna
09-04-2012, 08:53 AM
Fucking Gene Smith. So sick of this fool. Saving money for what? He's such a tool, I swear.

the Talking Can
09-04-2012, 08:56 AM
i'm assuming this includes Bowe's #, which would be less if had a long term deal...

meaning we're about #30 mill under...still

RealSNR
09-04-2012, 08:59 AM
Fucking Gene Smith. So sick of this fool. Saving money for what? He's such a tool, I swear.

Moving isn't cheap these days. And LA is a long way from Jacksonville.

Setsuna
09-04-2012, 09:01 AM
Moving isn't cheap these days. And LA is a long way from Jacksonville.

ROFL Ahhh I get it now. He's making preparations to move the team to LA. Brilliant deduction. Never heard that idea or anything like it the past 5 years. Impressive. :thumb:

Sofa King
09-04-2012, 09:07 AM
Thank God Denver still has the 10th most cap space in the league. The contracts for Clady, Decker, Thomas, and Von Miller aren't going to be cheap. I could see Denver taking care of Clady and Decker next year and then locking up DT and Von Miller the year after that.

Von's won't, but that will be many years down the road.

Clady will probably be about 1/2 to 2/3rds of what Albert will cost us this year.

Decker won't cost much at all and Thomas might be out of the league by the time he needs a new contract. The going rate for over-drafted wr's who can't catch the ball or stay healthy isn't very high nowadays. Especially wr's who have exactly no history of ever doing anything.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-04-2012, 09:09 AM
Clady will have to sue Hali for lost wages for making him look like a bitch over the years.

Somone have the PFF grades for Albert and Clady handy for last year?

Chiefnj2
09-04-2012, 09:09 AM
At least there is one category that KC consistently finishes in the top 3.

Quesadilla Joe
09-04-2012, 09:14 AM
Clady will have to sue Hali for lost wages for making him look like a bitch over the years.

Somone have the PFF grades for Albert and Clady handy for last year?

In the two games against Hali last year, Clady gave up 0 sacks and 1 QB hurry and had positive pass blocking grades in both of them.

thabear04
09-04-2012, 09:34 AM
No reason they should give Cassel another contract

thabear04
09-04-2012, 09:35 AM
In the two games against Hali last year, Clady gave up 0 sacks and 1 QB hurry and had positive pass blocking grades in both of them.

And how many times Clady hold Hail and they dont call it?

Pasta Little Brioni
09-04-2012, 09:36 AM
Iggles are cheapz OMG

Pasta Little Brioni
09-04-2012, 09:37 AM

Did Denver even throw a forward pass those games? See you ignored part 2.

CoMoChief
09-04-2012, 09:39 AM
And how many times Clady hold Hail and they dont call it?

grasping for straws I see...LMAO

Unsmooth-Moment
09-04-2012, 09:47 AM
We have to meet a certain salary cap next year don't we? They are putting in a cap floor in the offseason correct?

the Talking Can
09-04-2012, 09:48 AM
We have to meet a certain salary cap next year don't we? They are putting in a cap floor in the offseason correct?

it's the Clark Hunt rule

Rausch
09-04-2012, 09:51 AM

Frontloaded contracts with the FA's we have coming up will probably take care of that...

Unsmooth-Moment
09-04-2012, 09:56 AM
it's the Clark Hunt rule

Wish they would put that in baseball..

Sofa King
09-04-2012, 10:07 AM
Dwayne Bowe WR UFA
Peyton Hillis RB UFA
Brandon Albert T UFA
Jovan Belcher LB UFA
Dustin Colquitt P UFA
Travis Daniels S UFA
Glenn Dorsey DE UFA
Abram Elam S UFA
Thomas Gafford C UFA
Wallace Gilberry DT UFA
Edgar Jones LB UFA
Ryan Lilja G UFA
Steve Maneri TE RFA
David Mims T RFA
Jake O'Connell TE RFA
Ropati Pitoitua DE UFA
Brady Quinn QB UFA
Jacques Reeves CB UFA
Martin Rucker TE UFA
Brandon Siler LB UFA

After this season.

whoman69
09-04-2012, 01:48 PM
Dwayne Bowe WR UFA
Peyton Hillis RB UFA
Brandon Albert T UFA
Jovan Belcher LB UFA
Dustin Colquitt P UFA
Travis Daniels S UFA
Glenn Dorsey DE UFA
Abram Elam S UFA
Thomas Gafford C UFA
Wallace Gilberry DT UFA
Edgar Jones LB UFA
Ryan Lilja G UFA
Steve Maneri TE RFA
David Mims T RFA
Jake O'Connell TE RFA
Ropati Pitoitua DE UFA
Brady Quinn QB UFA
Jacques Reeves CB UFA
Martin Rucker TE UFA
Brandon Siler LB UFA

After this season.

Most of that list are backups that won't break the bank or hurt if we find alternatives. Mims didn't even make it through the final 53. O'Connell could have a rock drop on him and still play at the same level he does now.

HemiEd
09-04-2012, 01:53 PM
No ****ing excuses why Albert shouldn't have a new contract this season.

Insert several names in that sentence, most recently Bowe and Carr. Clark is about to piss off one of his supporters through all of this crap.

oldman
09-04-2012, 03:21 PM
We need to lock up both Dorsey and Albert during the season, end of discussion. I don't think they'd put a huge dent in that cap money. I'll reserve final judgement on Hillis until we see some real game action, but I'd be inclined to sign him. The Bowe contract is going to be a mess. I'm not sure not getting the job done prior to the deadline was all Pioli's fault, it might have been Bowe really wanting out of KC. If that's the case, money alone isn't going to make that deal.

Chiefaholic
09-04-2012, 04:27 PM
I don't know the exact details of what he's getting, but I'm guessing we could have paid him most of his existing contract all in his first year here.

Not that I want that brokeneck horseface on my team anyways.

Manning at 40% > Casshole... Personally, I would of took a chance on the high risk of injury and cap implications. At least Pioli would have tried to get a guy to compliment the offensive threats around him. Instead we go into ANOTHER season with a QB who has to play not to lose, rather than launch the ball down field with confidence.

Chiefaholic
09-04-2012, 04:37 PM
Use what money is here right now with a front loaded contracts for Albert and Dorsey to make them cap friendly later on and give us more cash to sign quality free agents. Sitting on this cash makes no damn sense unless it's Clark being a cheap ass with the signing bonus. Then next offseason, they can attempt to get a deal done with Bowe.

MahiMike
09-04-2012, 04:49 PM
Yeah but after we sign Brandon Carr...oh wait...

rtmike
09-04-2012, 04:57 PM
GOOD GRAVY. CARR DIDN'T WANT TO STAY, HE'S DREAMED OF PLAYING FOR THE COWGIRLS SINCE HE WAS A KID!!!!!!!!!

OnTheWarpath15
09-04-2012, 05:12 PM
GOOD GRAVY. CARR DIDN'T WANT TO STAY, HE'S DREAMED OF PLAYING FOR THE COWGIRLS SINCE HE WAS A KID!!!!!!!!!

GOOD GRAVY.

IF YOU MAKE CARR A FAIR OFFER THE YEAR BEFORE, THERE'S LITERALLY NO CHANCE HE TURNS IT DOWN IN THE HOPE THAT ONE SPECIFIC TEAM OUT OF 31 OTHER TEAMS MAKES HIM A HUGE OFFER.

Or, we can all decide to just continue ignoring logic and make excuses, as has been done since the day Carr signed in Dallas.

Cornstock
09-04-2012, 05:13 PM
Manning at 40% > Casshole... Personally, I would of took a chance on the high risk of injury and cap implications. At least Pioli would have tried to get a guy to compliment the offensive threats around him. Instead we go into ANOTHER season with a QB who has to play not to lose, rather than launch the ball down field with confidence.

First of all, no. I'm no Cassel supporter. He lacks Manning's savviness and general skill overall. But to claim that a healthy Cassel is 40% of what Manning is after sitting out a year with multiple neck surgery, and by all accounts having 60% of the armstrength he formerly had is preposterous. Even saying that he is 40% of a healthy Manning is a stretch. The dude doesn't throw laserbeams and throw undroppable balls. I would say that a healthy Cassel is close to 65-70% of a Manning in his prime.

listopencil
09-04-2012, 05:20 PM
I would say that a healthy Cassel is close to 65-70% of a Manning in his prime.

:LOL:

Chiefaholic
09-04-2012, 08:37 PM
First of all, no. I'm no Cassel supporter. He lacks Manning's savviness and general skill overall. But to claim that a healthy Cassel is 40% of what Manning is after sitting out a year with multiple neck surgery, and by all accounts having 60% of the armstrength he formerly had is preposterous. Even saying that he is 40% of a healthy Manning is a stretch. The dude doesn't throw laserbeams and throw undroppable balls. I would say that a healthy Cassel is close to 65-70% of a Manning in his prime.

Casshole in his prime, (meaning he's capable of putting his cap on in one swipe) wouldn't start if Manning had a bone protruding through his neck. Our most accurate QB wasn't drafted and is currently sitting on IR. If Pioli wants to win games, start Quinn and cut our losses with MC after the season.

Setsuna
09-04-2012, 09:08 PM

:spock: :facepalm:

BossChief
09-04-2012, 09:09 PM
GOOD GRAVY.

IF YOU MAKE CARR A FAIR OFFER THE YEAR BEFORE, THERE'S LITERALLY NO CHANCE HE TURNS IT DOWN IN THE HOPE THAT ONE SPECIFIC TEAM OUT OF 31 OTHER TEAMS MAKES HIM A HUGE OFFER.

Or, we can all decide to just continue ignoring logic and make excuses, as has been done since the day Carr signed in Dallas.

Who the fuck said they didn't?

They extended Flowers, DJ and Charles while they still had more than one year left on their current contract/team rights to player.

Also...Carr didn't look very good until his last year here.

Did he show "potential"? for sure.

Did he show any consistency of good play worthy of giving him a long term deal where he would be getting the money you are talking about?

Not really..and Ive been a fan of the kid since before we drafted him.

The list of players Pioli has treated well in contract negotiations is getting quite long and the list of players he has lost to free agency (that it hurts losing) is basically 1.

Actually...its still 0 because we haven't even seen Routt as our #2 (RCB), yet...in a real game.

For all we know, Brandon Carr looks in over his head in Dallas and gets cut in a couple years because of his cost.

Titty Meat
09-04-2012, 09:25 PM
Carr was great in 2010 what the hell are you talking about?

Cornstock
09-05-2012, 12:23 PM
I think you all are unaware how subtle the differences are between what makes a guy a good quarterback and what makes a guy an average quarterback. The good ones aren't wizards. They're human and still make mistakes. And the average QBs aren't completely inept. Physically speaking there is very little difference between players at this level. Its a matter of mental makeup.

Chiefnj2
09-05-2012, 12:26 PM
Physically speaking there is very little difference between players at this level. Its a matter of mental makeup.

Little difference between Stafford's arm and Cassel's? Peyton Manning's mobility and Cam Newton? Brees' accuracy and Cassel's?

whoman69
09-05-2012, 12:34 PM
Little difference between Stafford's arm and Cassel's? Peyton Manning's mobility and Cam Newton? Brees' accuracy and Cassel's?

Nobody has all those attributes though. The key is that those quarterbacks make the most of their talent. I'm not sure what Cassel's biggest talent is. I think if you gave all his attributes a number, they would be pretty mediocre across the board.

Cornstock
09-05-2012, 12:36 PM

So Stafford's bomb has 5 yards more to it than Cassels? As much as we have given QBs shit for not being capable of throwing a pass over 30 yards, these guys are all physically capable of throwing it about the same. Remember when Brees was in San Diego and we said we only needed to guard the first 30 yards of the field? Brees wasn't as bad as we thought.

Accuracy, by definition, is a matter of small increments.

And Cam Newton is an Athlete who just happens to play QB. Plus, Peyton is old, and was never a fast guy in the first place. The things that separate the Good from the Average are incredibly small physiological differences, but huge psychological differences.

Brock
09-05-2012, 12:40 PM
So Stafford's bomb has 5 yards more to it than Cassels? As much as we have given QBs shit for not being capable of throwing a pass over 30 yards, these guys are all physically capable of throwing it about the same.

Yeah, nonsense. Stafford's arm is better than Cassel's in every conceivable way. Distance, velocity, accuracy, you name it.

Mr. Laz
09-05-2012, 12:57 PM
League, union have different cap numbers

Posted by Mike Florio on September 5, 2012, 9:48 AM EDT
http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/monopolymoney.jpg?w=377Getty Images
At a time when the NFL and the NFLPA rarely agree on anything, it should be no surprise that their respective versions of the cap numbers are different, too.
We posted on Monday the team-by-team numbers (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/04/team-by-team-cap-space-as-of-september-3/) via a source with knowledge of the NFLPA version of the calculations. The league has its own numbers, with multiple discrepancies.

The biggest gap comes in Kansas City. The NFLPA numbers show that the Chiefs have $26.6 million in space. The league has the Chiefs at nearly $16.4 million.
At the other end of the spectrum, the union shows that the Bills have $7.9 million in space. The league has the Bills at more than $15.6 million.

The full list of the league’s cap numbers as of Tuesday appear after the jump.

Jaguars: $25.2 million.
Eagles: $22.4 million.
Browns: $17.8 million.
Titans: $17.5 million.
Seahawks: $16.6 million.
Buccaneers: $16.5 million.
Chiefs: $16.3 million.
Bills: $15.6 million.
Bengals: $15.3 million.
Broncos: $14.3 million.
Patriots: $12.9 million.
Packers: $11.6 million.
Cardinals: $11.1 million.
Vikings: $11.0 million.
Colts: $10.6 million.
Redskins $9.3 million.
Panthers: $9.2 million.
Saints: $8.9 million.
Cowboys: $8.2 million.
Jets: $8.0 million.
Dolphins: $7.2 million.
Giants: $7.2 million.
Raiders: $5.9 million.
Bears: $5.9 million.
Ravens: $5.6 million.
Rams: $4.9 million.
Steelers: $4.7 million.
Chargers: $4.4 million.
Falcons: $3.9 million.
49ers: $3.5 million.
Texans: $2.7 million.
Lions: $2.3 million.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/05/league-union-have-different-cap-numbers/

Sofa King
09-05-2012, 12:58 PM
damnit!

Hammock Parties
09-05-2012, 01:06 PM
Yeah, nonsense. Stafford's arm is better than Cassel's in every conceivable way. Distance, velocity, accuracy, you name it.

The difference between Stafford's arm and Cassel's is like the difference between the average white guy's cock and Lexington Steele's.