PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs Workout 4 players

O.city
09-04-2012, 07:59 PM
Not sure if repost,

CHIEFS WORKOUT 4 PLAYERS
September 4, 2012 - Bob Gretz | No Comments
The Chiefs have been sifting through the pile of released players around the league and had at least four of them in for workouts. They were:
LB Bobby Carpenter – 6-2, 249 pounds, 7-year veteran from Ohio State who was released by New England.
CB Chris Carr – 5-10, 181 pounds, 8-year veteran from Boise State who was released by Minnesota.
CB Dominique Franks – 6-0, 197 pounds, 3-year veteran from Oklahoma who was released by Atlanta.
LB Bryan Kehl – 6-2, 244 pounds, 5-year veteran from Brigham Young who was released by Washington.

Posted in another thread, but it got buried.

Thought we could have a running thread if Chiefs continue to work guys out.

The Bad Guy
09-04-2012, 08:01 PM
They should work out every corner that becomes available. I can't stand the thought of Brown and Reeves being our 4th and 5th corner.

KevB
09-04-2012, 08:03 PM
Kehl was thought to be good enough to trade for according to some.

O.city
09-04-2012, 08:04 PM
I don't really mind Brown as the 5th guy, he needs to learn or get out, so he needs some playing time.

mcaj22
09-04-2012, 08:05 PM
LOL at someone saying today that Pioli said the roster was set regarding David Garrard

but they bring in fucking BOBBY FUCKING CARPENTER HOLY FUCK. Are we that desperate.

mcaj22
09-04-2012, 08:07 PM
i'm not up on my CBs anymore but I am pretty sure at least one of Chris Carr or Dom Franks is better than Brown/Reeves/etc. And at least they are showing they are trying to address the same concerns some of us have about the depth after Flowers/Routt.

and that tells me they do plan on keeping Travis Daniels at FS if they worked out 2 CBs. I have no idea why. I guess Daniels is that versatile? I don't understand why they didnt just put Daniels at safety last year then instead of turds like Sabby and McGraw.

Quesadilla Joe
09-04-2012, 08:08 PM
Two LB's and two CB's, huh? Wonder what this is saying about DJ and Flowers.

mcaj22
09-04-2012, 08:09 PM

shut up.

it says nothing about them. It says everything about the nonsense depth they have behind them.

O.city
09-04-2012, 08:09 PM
The Broncos are inquiring about QB's.

Wonder what that says about Manning? Bet they don't have confidence behind the scenes that he can survive.

Munson
09-04-2012, 08:10 PM
I'm all for signing any of those guys if it means we can immediately cut Jake O'Connell.

O.city
09-04-2012, 08:11 PM
Do we have any PFF stats we could throw up on some of these guys?

mcaj22
09-04-2012, 08:16 PM
i am pretty sure Bobby Carpenter is awful against the run but is good in sub packages/pass coverage. Could help with DJ hurt if they dont think Greenwood can handle the load. Kind of a cheap insurance.

he is also a former first round pick bust. But I think I would sign him. He's really soft against the run though.

I don't like Kehl at all, kind of just a guy.

Chris Carr is at least a special teams upgrade.

I think Franks was just beat out by a deep Falcons secondary. To compare Franks is still young (24) the same age as Brown.. so he could maybe be more talented than Brown for all I know/flat out beat him in competition and we wouldnt lose a youth project

O.city
09-04-2012, 08:18 PM
I don't know much about Kehl

I remember Franks being pretty good at OU, but outside of that?

mcaj22
09-04-2012, 08:20 PM
Franks had 2 interceptions last year, that's not bad for being the 3rd? 4th? CB. I think I'd take him.

O.city
09-04-2012, 08:35 PM
mcaj22, do you have access to PFF stats?

ChiefsCountry
09-04-2012, 08:38 PM
Bobby Carpenter, what a ultimate fail by Bill Parcells - that fat fuck has never won shit with Belechick.

O.city
09-04-2012, 08:39 PM
Where is Clay with his PFF when you need it?

Saccopoo
09-04-2012, 08:55 PM
What's with people bagging on Brown? He's shown some stuff and had one bad preseason game. Dude plays hard and is around the ball. Played extremely well on special teams last year and shown he can cover in dime sub-packages. I hope people realize that he's only entering his second season in the NFL.

I think he's ahead of where Carr was at the same stage of their careers.

mcaj22
09-04-2012, 08:56 PM
What's with people bagging on Brown? He's shown some stuff and had one bad preseason game. Dude plays hard and is around the ball. Played extremely well on special teams last year and shown he can cover in dime sub-packages. I hope people realize that he's only entering his second season in the NFL.

you didnt type this with a straight face did you

Demonpenz
09-04-2012, 08:56 PM
What about duce staley?

Hammock Parties
09-04-2012, 08:57 PM
What's with people bagging on Brown? He's shown some stuff

When?

Name one play.

shown he can cover in dime sub-packages. I ho

When? Name one play.

FFS, he played 20 snaps of pass coverage last season. 0 PD. 4 targets, allowed 3 completions, 1 TD.

TWENTY.

What.

Carr started 16 games as a rookie.

His second year he had 19 passes defensed.

Jalil Brown has no hope of starting 16 games THIS YEAR.

O.city
09-04-2012, 08:57 PM
Sac, if you haven't noticed, mcaj22, not a Brown fan.

O.city
09-04-2012, 08:58 PM
Brandon Carr was absolutely torn to pieces on here when he was in his second season.

O.city
09-04-2012, 09:01 PM
When?

Name one play.

When? Name one play.

FFS, he played 20 snaps of pass coverage last season. 0 PD. 4 targets, allowed 3 completions, 1 TD.

TWENTY.

What.

Carr started 16 games as a rookie.

Carr started 16 games as a rookie over who?

The Chiefs had arguably 2 top 10 corners last year.

mcaj22
09-04-2012, 09:01 PM
yea i hate him but that guy just said

and let me repeat

"JALIL BROWN IS IN THE SAME STAGE AS BRANDON CARR WAS OF THEIR CAREERS"

Brandon Carr's rookie season 73 tackles 2 interception. No matter how bad he was in coverage he at least showed obvious potential with production. It was all there.

Jalil Brown had 20 ****ing snaps and 8 tackles.

And that guy just said SAME STAGE. It's becoming a joke around here that people grasp at any young turd Pioli pick and hype him up as the second coming of talent

O.city
09-04-2012, 09:02 PM

and let me repeat

"JALIL BROWN IS IN THE SAME STAGE AS BRANDON CARR IN WAS OF THEIR CAREERS"

Brandon Carr's rookie season 73 tackles 2 interception. No matter how bad he was in coverage he at least showed obvious potential with production. It was all there.

And that guy just said SAME STAGE. It's becoming a joke around here that people grasp at and young turd Pioli pick and hype him up as the second coming of talent

So even if he sucked shit in coverage, it didn't matter?

Brown played 20 snaps last year, again, because we had two guys ahead of him who were much better.

mcaj22
09-04-2012, 09:04 PM
So even if he sucked shit in coverage, it didn't matter?

Brown played 20 snaps last year, again, because we had two guys ahead of him who were much better.

so then why are they working out 2 CBs?

surely not because of Jacques fucking Reeves?

The Bad Guy
09-04-2012, 09:04 PM

Die, dickwad.

O.city
09-04-2012, 09:05 PM
Reeves is awful and will likely be cut. You think they are going to keep both the guys they worked out? Hell I bet they don't sign any of them.

The Bad Guy

And there he is. The only fucking idiot that could upstage KnowShit in this thread.

mcaj22
the fact that they are working out multiple LBers and CBs is a telling sign though, about many things. and one is the obvious turd stain depth behind the starters.

please tell me the last time they brought in multiple guys at the same position for workouts that WASNT a concern. Pretty sure they have been doing this at o-line since Pioli was here.

I think the last time for LBer and secondary might have been the Zach Thomas/Mike Brown sweepstakes.

(sorry I wanted to add that joke back when we were terrible)

The Bad Guy
09-04-2012, 09:06 PM
Brandon Carr was absolutely torn to pieces on here when he was in his second season.

By morons who know shit about football.

O.city
09-04-2012, 09:06 PM
Isn't there a reason guys are depth players? If they were good enough to start, wouldn't they likely be somewhere starting?

The Bad Guy
09-04-2012, 09:07 PM
It's unreal to me that Pioli can't build depth at corner, or on the offensive line.

The Bad Guy
Isn't there a reason guys are depth players? If they were good enough to start, wouldn't they likely be somewhere starting?

Depth players don't have to be absurdly bad.

Saccopoo

and let me repeat

"JALIL BROWN IS IN THE SAME STAGE AS BRANDON CARR WAS OF THEIR CAREERS"

And that guy just said SAME STAGE. It's becoming a joke around here that people grasp at any young turd Pioli pick and hype him up as the second coming of talent

20 snaps and eight of those he had tackles on?

That's pretty fucking instinctive football right there.

And Carr might have been the most frustrating guy to watch his first three seasons. His coverage skills were horrible. Horrible. And yet, he ended up a guy a lot of people around here wanted to pay 8 million a season to keep.

Messier
09-04-2012, 09:08 PM
It's unreal to me that Pioli can't build depth at corner, or on the offensive line.

O-line? I think he's handled the line very well.

O.city
09-04-2012, 09:08 PM
So Brown is absurdly bad?

He seems to be pretty good on Special teams and is a young player.

O.city
09-04-2012, 09:10 PM
Pioli went straight for the oline depth this draft, have to see how that turns out I guess.

mcaj22
09-04-2012, 09:11 PM
Pioli went straight for the oline depth this draft, have to see how that turns out I guess.

already bad because one was picked over Russel Wilson

so it will never turn out

KCrockaholic
09-04-2012, 09:11 PM
No reason to not have Demarcus Van Dyke in for a workout right now.

O.city
09-04-2012, 09:12 PM
Holy shit with the Russel Wilson.

Ted Thompson=fail because he missed Wilson. Belicheck=fail. All NFL GM"s save for one, fail.

A sub 6 foot qb with a questionable arm, who gave up football to play baseball, only to come back to football got passed over.

mcaj22
09-04-2012, 09:14 PM
Ted Thompson and Bil Belicheck have real QBs. So they can pass for other players

we don't. and should take a chance on any QB with the hint of potential. Especially in the 3rd round. Over a ****ing project o-lineman

i'm glad Pioli loves taking project d-line and o-line that take 7 years to do ****ing something in the NFL.

and TEs, can't forget them, Pioli loves him some TEs... Jake O Connell I salute you for still having a roster spot. You must be Pioli's bastard child.

O.city
09-04-2012, 09:15 PM
Guess we should draft 7 Qb's per draft?

mcaj22
09-04-2012, 09:16 PM
you know what I would actually take an entire draft of 7 QBs for this team right now.

surely the odds are in my favor that one of them is better than Cassel. And that will make me watching this team on Sundays much better. And it would also mean not wasting the prime years of all the positional starting talent on this team. So good for them.

O.city
09-04-2012, 09:18 PM
Sure. I guess in that case you wouldn't post the same things about depth at CB or whatever else you post?

Messier
09-04-2012, 09:18 PM
you know what I would actually take an entire draft of 7 QBs for this team right now.

surely the odds are in my favor that one of them is better than Cassel. And that will make me watching this team on Sundays much better. And it would also mean not wasting the prime years of all the positional starting talent on this team. So good for them.

Thanks Kietzman.

mcaj22
09-04-2012, 09:20 PM
Sure. I guess in that case you wouldn't post the same things about depth at CB or whatever else you post?

this is the perfect place to talk about the CB depth or secondary, seeing has how they brought 2 CBs off the street cut by other teams in for workouts.

So surely someone on that staff sees it as an issue. So someone in the secondary has to be sucking hind teet.

O.city
09-04-2012, 09:23 PM
I agree it's probably a problem, seeing that Jacque Reeves made the roster and we have 2 guys hurt.

But you have posted it in every thread on the board the past week. We get it.

mcaj22
09-04-2012, 09:25 PM
I agree it's probably a problem, seeing that Jacque Reeves made the roster and we have 2 guys hurt.

But you have posted it in every thread on the board the past week. We get it.

what else a concern on the team though?

the 46 RBs? the WR depth?? the 350 TEs? Siler being better than DJ? Besides the QB, the only things left are the o-line and secondary depth. So yea, when a thread comes up that they are working guys out at the position, or the depth chart is posted, it makes sense, to talk about that stuff. Isn't that the logical progression? I guess I could pull things out of thin air like others do, maybe make a thread saying Ricky Stanzi is a better special teams player than Terrence Copper. Or Jon Baldwin is slower than Steve Maneri. Keep it unique.

O.city
09-04-2012, 09:25 PM
Trying to find anything on Franks, anyone?

Mr. Laz
09-04-2012, 09:26 PM

Apparently you didn't watch during the preseason when it was open season on brown every time he stepped on the field.

Russell got the starting job because brown sucked so badly

O.city
09-04-2012, 09:27 PM
Oline problems? What problems do we have up there? They chose to keep 7 guys, they favor versatility up there.

Mr. Laz
09-04-2012, 09:29 PM

For the love of god just shut the fuck up

mcaj22
I don't know? Depth issues? They kept working out vets in training camp only for them to retire. I've read some other posters on here saying they are a little uneasy with the starters being backed up by only two rookies with no experience.

which is a little odd/uneasy I guess. It's a valid argument. Not saying I care, I don't mind the 7. But yeah they are definitely putting all their eggs with one basket if a starter goes down.

Saccopoo
Ted Thompson and Bil Belicheck have real QBs. So they can pass for other players

we don't. and should take a chance on any QB with the hint of potential. Especially in the 3rd round. Over a ****ing project o-lineman

i'm glad Pioli loves taking project d-line and o-line that take 7 years to do ****ing something in the NFL.

and TEs, can't forget them, Pioli loves him some TEs... Jake O Connell I salute you for still having a roster spot. You must be Pioli's bastard child.

Okay retard, you can stop now.

Where were you at draft time squealing for Russell Wilson in the second or third round?

The dude benefitted from a Powerball level lucky situation in Seattle. 30 other teams would have had him behind the incumbent or veteran no questions asked. If the Chiefs drafted him, he'd be the third QB.

And ask yourself how many sub 6'0" guys in the past 30 years have been consistently successful in the NFL over several seasons. Answer: Not many.

And he's yet to play a down of the regular season.

Don't go fucking ballistic about a guy that hasn't played a single down of real NFL football.

O.city
09-04-2012, 09:30 PM
I agree that I would like to have one more oline guy, but question is, do you carry a Center only? Or a RT only.

mcaj22
09-04-2012, 09:31 PM

Where were you at draft time squealing for Russell Wilson in the second or third round?

The dude benefitted from a Powerball level lucky situation in Seattle. 30 other teams would have had him behind the incumbent or veteran no questions asked. If the Chiefs drafted him, he'd be the third QB.

And ask yourself how many sub 6'0" guys in the past 30 years have been consistently successful in the NFL over several seasons. Answer: Not many.

Don't go ****ing ballistic about a guy that hasn't played a single down of real NFL football.

so Jalil Brown's 20 snaps is good, but Russel Wilson shitting on our starters in preseason is not?

fair enough

O.city
09-04-2012, 09:33 PM
You've got Allen and Stephenson as your backup oline guys and Mims on the Practice Squad who I guess could come up if they needed.

Allen played some Tackle in college and Stephenson is the swing guy. So tackle is taken care of.

Allen is the swing guard, who I would actually like to see be the starter, with Lilja being the swing inside guy.

O.city
09-04-2012, 09:36 PM
Clay, can you post Franks PFF stuff from last year?

Pasta Little Brioni
09-04-2012, 09:38 PM
Bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch...

O.city
09-04-2012, 09:39 PM
Why would we not bitch PGM? What have we shown or done, to make this place be positive?

Pasta Little Brioni
09-04-2012, 09:40 PM
They haven't even played a real game yet and the PMS is at an all time high.

mcaj22
09-04-2012, 09:40 PM
id rather bitch about Brown and Reeves and Jake O Connell and the team working out players to potentially upgrade or help those situations than wondering in another thread who is going to make Brandon Siler .gifs.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-04-2012, 09:41 PM
id rather bitch about Brown and Reeves and Jake O Connell and the team working out players to potentially upgrade or help those situations than wondering in another thread who is going to make Brandon Siler .gifs.

Yeah, that is rather strange right there.

O.city
09-04-2012, 09:41 PM
For the most part players 45-53 are interchangeable on damn near every team.

But, Reeves is awful and Jake O'connell has to be blackmailing someone.

O.city
09-04-2012, 09:42 PM
But the preseason games, all we have to go on so far, have been shit.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-04-2012, 09:42 PM
Reeves is a turd that needs to be flushed, that's for sure.

This place is bi-polar. If they win on Sunday, it'll be too jovial except for the usual suspects making excuses for the opposing teams.

O.city
09-04-2012, 09:43 PM
But they won't win Sunday, likely they will get demolished.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-04-2012, 09:44 PM
Stop listening to you know who. They have a very good shot at winning this Sunday. Take care of the ball, get them in 3rd and longs, control the line of scrimmage, Charles busts one...

O.city
09-04-2012, 09:45 PM
How you figure PGM?

Their stars on D are either not playing, or banged up. How are we to stop the Falcons offense?

Pasta Little Brioni
09-04-2012, 09:46 PM
Ryan Mathews for 300 and how are they going to stop Vernon Davis says hello???????

O stop trolling me buddy :thumb:

O.city
09-04-2012, 09:48 PM
And we were going to curb stomp the Bills last year.

This isn't an underachieving Chargers team.

If we have backup or worse CB's trying to cover Julio Jones, and we likely won't have a passrush, it's gonna be a long day.

Hammock Parties
09-04-2012, 09:48 PM

Yeah, and it was unwarranted.

And he was 10x the CB Jalil Brown Stains is.

O.city
09-04-2012, 09:49 PM
Yeah, and it was unwarranted.

And he was 10x the CB Jalil Brown Stains is.

Of course he was.

Substantially helps your argument, always does.

Hammock Parties
09-04-2012, 09:49 PM
Clay, can you post Franks PFF stuff from last year?

Who the fuck is Franks?

O.city
09-04-2012, 09:50 PM
Read the OP?

Pasta Little Brioni
09-04-2012, 09:50 PM
I thought you were pining for Bubba LMAO

DaneMcCloud
09-04-2012, 09:52 PM
Bobby Carpenter?

LMAO

More proof that Parcells didn't know personnel from a giant fucking boar shit.

I guess it runs in the family.

Hammock Parties
Oh, that shitbag CB.

Yeah. He's kind of meh. Better than Brown though.

http://i.imgur.com/pxL3p.jpg

Hammock Parties
Bobby Carpenter?

LMAO

More proof that Parcells didn't know personnel from a gigantic hole in the ground.

Pioli going through his 2009 free agency phase all over again!

Go after the patriot way retreads! They are gold!

mcaj22
yea but 413 snaps is a lot more than Brown lol.

O.city
09-04-2012, 09:53 PM
Actually, thats not terrible.

Better than I expected. If we could get that out of our 5th CB, I'd be happy.

Hammock Parties
09-04-2012, 09:54 PM
Of course he was.

Substantially helps your argument, always does.

In what way is Jalil Brown, who has never even touched a ball in the NFL, even close to a guy who had 19 passes defensed his 2nd year?

Carr was the 19th ranked CB in 2009.

Jalil Brown is dogshit who might make Donald Washington look good.

O.city
09-04-2012, 09:55 PM
Jalil Brown is in his second year, after a strike shortened season.

But the strike season doesn't matter I know, so flame on.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-04-2012, 09:56 PM
Carr showed flashes. Brown has been burnt toast thus far. Kid needs to show something.

mcaj22
09-04-2012, 09:57 PM
you are getting desperate if you need to use the strike stunted his progression excuse

so far he is more Don Wash than Brandon Carr. Until proven otherwise.

O.city
09-04-2012, 09:59 PM
Brown has been good on special teams, but we haven't gotten to see him like we got to see Carr, who was a bright spot on a talentless team.

But so far, this preseason, I will agree about Brown. But, I'm not throwing the book at him yet. Coming out of Colorado, some thought he was better than Smith.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-04-2012, 10:00 PM
Speaking of Carr. He's already getting his knob polished before he's ever seen the field as a Cowboy.

mcaj22
09-04-2012, 10:00 PM
come on man, nobody thought he was better than Smith lol

mcaj22
09-04-2012, 10:02 PM
Speaking of Carr. He's already getting his knob polished before he's ever seen the field as a Cowboy.

heard a quote on ESPN today of them talking about Brandon Carr "talking trash" saying there will be no salsa dancing for Victor Cruz on his watch.

I don't remember Brandon Carr ever doing or saying anything like that playing for the Chiefs. I wouldnt have mind that competitive spark, at least it would make things more interesting if the Chiefs players were more vocal. But that's not the Patriot Way, I know.

DaneMcCloud
09-04-2012, 10:06 PM
Jalil Brown is in his second year, after a strike shortened season.

How many games were played last year?

Chiefs Pantalones
09-04-2012, 11:11 PM
This should be Tampax Planet from now on.

Dave Lane
09-05-2012, 05:47 AM

Don't go ****ing ballistic about a guy that hasn't played a single down of real NFL football.

Yeah I'm pretty sure the Luck guy sucks.

DBOSHO
09-05-2012, 06:36 AM

I know this pisses me off. Didnt hear a peep on him as a chief but slap a big star on him and fuck.

Dartgod
09-05-2012, 07:03 AM
This thread is full of teh dumbass.

BoneKrusher
09-05-2012, 07:05 AM
had to be an EX patriot in the bunch. lol