PDA

View Full Version : Football SI.com's 2012 NFL Predictions

bevischief
09-05-2012, 11:00 AM
SI.com's 2012 NFL Predictions

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/football/nfl/09/04/nfl-predictions-2012/index.html?sct=nfl_t11_a0

KCrockaholic
09-05-2012, 11:02 AM
As far fetched as his prediction is...

I like Tom Mantzouranis

Rain Man
09-05-2012, 11:04 AM
I'm trying to figure out what it means when the national sportswriters are more positive about our team than we are. I don't think that's happened in the 11 years that I've been on Chiefsplanet.

Oh my god. I've been on Chiefplanet for 11 years? I really should go do something else.

KCrockaholic
09-05-2012, 11:05 AM
Here's my only predictions: The Chiefs will win the AFC West. Two teams from the AFC West will make the playoffs.

Discuss Thrower
09-05-2012, 11:05 AM
At this point I'd rather be forced to read a plethora of "then the midgets" posts before I see the inevitable Goatse comment.

Dayze
09-05-2012, 11:06 AM
I'll have what he's smoking

Setsuna
09-05-2012, 11:25 AM
Peter King is off his rocker. Broncos won't even sniff the playoffs.

BossChief
09-05-2012, 11:30 AM
I'm trying to figure out what it means when the national sportswriters are more positive about our team than we are. I don't think that's happened in the 11 years that I've been on Chiefsplanet.

Oh my god. I've been on Chiefplanet for 11 years? I really should go do something else.

Because most posters here listen to the "doom and gloom vocal minority" instead of taking the time to realize how much talent this team really has.

We could very well be this years "2011 49ers" IMO.

bevischief
09-05-2012, 11:31 AM
Because most posters here listen to the "doom and gloom vocal minority" instead of taking the time to realize how much talent this team really has.

That would be nice.

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-05-2012, 01:34 PM
I predict that in every single game all season the team that scores the most points wins.

Sofa King
09-05-2012, 01:35 PM
I predict that in every single game all season the team that scores the most points wins.

I hope there's a tie.

KCrockaholic
09-05-2012, 01:36 PM

Very bold prediction considering these replacement refs will likely fuck up so bad at some point they will officially announce the game winner as the team that loses by 20 points. We shall see...

Amnorix
09-05-2012, 01:37 PM
I'll put down Chandler Jones as Defensive Rookie of the Year.

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-05-2012, 01:38 PM
Very bold prediction considering these replacement refs will likely **** up so bad at some point they will officially announce the game winner as the team that loses by 20 points. We shall see...

Well... just great. If anyone can fuck up a prediction like that it's me.

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-05-2012, 01:38 PM
I hope there's a tie.

:banghead:

If there is it will be the last game of the Chiefs season when we have to win to get in.

KCrockaholic
09-05-2012, 01:39 PM

Oh go fuck a goat.

And I'll put down Dontari Poe.

whoman69
09-05-2012, 01:46 PM
I know the preseason often doesn't mean anyything, but anybody who watched the Chiefs this year, knows they are not a playoff team.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-05-2012, 01:56 PM

When you only focus on the flaws and what "could" go wrong, you tend to come out with a negative outlook. They don't take into consideration how flawed every team is in the league.

O.city
09-05-2012, 04:24 PM

Based on what?

Do we have some talent? Yeah. Is it proven? No, not much of it. Have we beaten a good team in the last 4 years? Yeah, 1 or 2.

O.city
09-05-2012, 04:25 PM
When you only focus on the flaws and what "could" go wrong, you tend to come out with a negative outlook. They don't take into consideration how flawed every team is in the league.

Yes, other teams have flaws, but the Chiefs aren't good enough to exploit them. Our defense has been drastically overrated by people here on the board and you can't win in the NFL these days without a qb that can't make plays.

SAUTO
09-05-2012, 05:09 PM
I know the preseason often doesn't mean anyything, but anybody who watched the Chiefs this year, knows they are not a playoff team.

This post really makes no sense.

If preseason means nothing how does their play mean we won't make the playoffs
Posted via Mobile Device

BossChief
09-05-2012, 06:38 PM
Yes, other teams have flaws, but the Chiefs aren't good enough to exploit them. Our defense has been drastically overrated by people here on the board and you can't win in the NFL these days without a qb that can't make plays.

Our defense is "drastically overrated"?

We were the #11 defense in football last year and we are upgraded at multiple positions.

O.city
09-05-2012, 06:39 PM
So I guess you aren't putting any stock in the preseason?

BossChief
09-05-2012, 06:52 PM
So I guess you aren't putting any stock in the preseason?

No, not really.

Romeo said a day or two ago that this week is the first that we have gameplanned for an opponent.

Simplicity
09-05-2012, 07:03 PM

Pre season doesn't mean anything... So... What are you getting at?

Caseyguyrr
09-05-2012, 07:03 PM
Peter King is off his rocker. Broncos won't even sniff the playoffs.

In case you haven't noticed, Peter King has never been in touch with reality

O.city
09-05-2012, 08:07 PM
The Chiefs were physically dominated in 50% of their preseason games this year. It has nothing to do with gameplanning.

notorious
09-05-2012, 08:11 PM

http://gifs.gifbin.com/1238157980_scanners_-_head_explosion.gif

Rain Man
09-05-2012, 08:20 PM

He was good on Friends. I'll give you that much.

Marcellus
09-05-2012, 08:29 PM
Based on what?

Do we have some talent? Yeah. Is it proven? No, not much of it. Have we beaten a good team in the last 4 years? Yeah, 1 or 2.

I am beginning to think you are a Clay mult.

You do realize predicting doom and gloom is completely ball-less right?

If the team sucks you will be all, "I told you so!"

If the team wins you will be all "Damn I was wrong! Isn't this awesome! High five bros we are winning and shit!"

Completely nuttless attitude.

O.city
09-05-2012, 08:35 PM
I am beginning to think you are a Clay mult.

You do realize predicting doom and gloom is completely ball-less right?

If the team sucks you will be all, "I told you so!"

If the team wins you will be all "Damn I was wrong! Isn't this awesome! High five bros we are winning and shit!"

Completely nuttless attitude.

How am I so doom and gloom. We have some talent. A large portion of it is unproven at this point. It's mostly young and was drafted which is awesome.

I want this team to be successful and beat good teams on a consistent basis. Would you argue that we haven't done that in a while?

I'm not gonna be tooting my own horn if we do get beat by these good teams. I really want this team to be good.

Marcellus
09-05-2012, 08:38 PM
How am I so doom and gloom. We have some talent. A large portion of it is unproven at this point. It's mostly young and was drafted which is awesome.

I want this team to be successful and beat good teams on a consistent basis. Would you argue that we haven't done that in a while?

I'm not gonna be tooting my own horn if we do get beat by these good teams. I really want this team to be good.

So you are just hedging your bets.

Either you are in or you are out.

O.city
09-05-2012, 08:40 PM
So you are just hedging your bets.

Either you are in or you are out.

Have we beaten good teams?

I want this team to be good. Until they prove that they are, I'm gonna be skeptical.

Marcellus
09-05-2012, 08:41 PM
Have we beaten good teams?

I want this team to be good. Until they prove that they are, I'm gonna be skeptical.

How many good teams would we have needed to beat by now to meet your criteria.

Think about this.

O.city
09-05-2012, 08:45 PM
How many good teams would we have needed to beat by now to meet your criteria.

Think about this.

Legit good teams?

I would say good teams consistently beat 3 or 4 other "good" teams per year.

Just because someone on CP says something negative about the Chiefs, doesn't mean they don't wish success. I'm not going all Clay.

Outside of Green Bay, how many "good" teams did we beat last year?

O.city
09-05-2012, 08:50 PM
What exactly have the Chiefs done to this point, to give you all this confidence.

Marcellus
09-05-2012, 08:56 PM
What exactly have the Chiefs done to this point, to give you all this confidence.

The last time Charles, Moeaki, and Berry were healthy we won 10 games. I don't want to hear about NFCW.

We now have that + Baldwin looking good, Breaston who is a better option and Boss who is a better 2nd TE than we had.

We have Winston who is better, we have arguably a better OL all the way.

We have Hillis who is 3x better than Thomas ****ing Jones at #2 RB

We have Houston who is a better 2nd pass rusher than we had on the 2010 team.

We have arguably a better coaching staff.

You need more?

O.city
09-05-2012, 09:00 PM
The last time Charles, Moeaki, and Berry were healthy we won 10 games. I don't want to hear about NFCW.

We now have that + Baldwin looking good, Breaston who is a better option and Boss who is a better 2nd TE than we had.

We have Houston who is a better 2nd pass rusher.

You need more?

And I do like all that, there is alot of talent there. But it's unproven for the most part.

Baldwin has looked better than Clay would credit him for and I pretty much agree with all your posts, but the fact remains the same.

We didn't really beat many good teams in 2010, but we were a young team for the most part learning how to win. Last year, we had injuries that set some of that youth back.

But until we beat a good team and don't get blown out by them, I'd say we haven't taken that next step yet.

We have a chance to do it this year, but there are questions.

boogblaster
09-05-2012, 09:13 PM
at least this year there is some hope .. prolly best fielded team in quite awhile .. hope they can play as one .....

Bob Dole
09-05-2012, 10:01 PM
Battle Toad 3x FTW!

NJChiefsFan
09-05-2012, 10:12 PM
Our defense is "drastically overrated"?

We were the #11 defense in football last year and we are upgraded at multiple positions.

Weaker at 2 cb. Dramatically better at ss, unknown at nose tackle. Houston if you are talking about opening day last yr. So 1 upgrade, 1 downgrade, one ?, and Houston.

Also no way o. City is a clay mult.

New World Order
09-05-2012, 11:53 PM

We have Hillis who is 3x better than Thomas ****ing Jones at #2 RB

We have Houston who is a better 2nd pass rusher than we had on the 2010 team.

You need more?

Yes, I agree we have improved but the fact is we have not beaten a team with winning record with Cassel since first week of 10 season, when he threw for 68 yards. Just saying.

When has Baldwin looked good?

mcaj22
09-06-2012, 12:04 AM
Baldwin looking good...

yeah against Jalil Brown in fucking practice. I could look good agaisnt Jalil Brown in practice shorts

Chiefs=Champions
09-06-2012, 12:17 AM
Cant wait for Baldwin to destroy worlds in the regular season and prove all the haters wrong. First victim is asante. Punk ass bitch will be clowned.

BossChief
09-06-2012, 12:20 AM
Cant wait for Baldwin to destroy worlds in the regular season and prove all the haters wrong. First victim is asante. Punk ass bitch will be clowned.

For that to happen, the ball has to get there on time.

NJChiefsFan
09-06-2012, 12:52 AM
For that to happen, the ball has to get there on time.

IMO Baldwin will be killed by this issue. That and Cassel doesn't go through reads, so if you are his number 2 or 3 you might as well go home. Breaston is better than the numbers he put up last year. I don't blame him for that.

O.city
09-06-2012, 08:40 AM
And Marcellus, you still didn't answer my question. How many "good" teams have we beat the past 3 years?

I hope like hell we can get to where we consistently play with and beat good teams. But to this point, we haven't showed we can do that.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-06-2012, 08:41 AM
So, Denver beat Pitt in the playoffs last year, but the Chiefs win over them doesn't count??....OK somebody better tell Mike Tomlin that they were a layup.

O.city
09-06-2012, 08:44 AM
So, Denver beat Pitt in the playoffs last year, but the Chiefs win over them doesn't count??....OK somebody better tell Mike Tomlin that they were a layup.

If you want to count a Denver team, that statistically was a 5 win team, quarterbacked by Tim Tebow, and had previously beaten us at home with their qb completed 3 passes, go ahead.

Btw, we also lost to that Pitt team at home.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-06-2012, 08:47 AM
Btw, we also lost to that Pitt team at home.

Barely....with fuggin Palko at QB. Is Pitt a good team or not? Surely a good team would have beaten that "5 win Bronco team" you are claiming.

The point is, this is the NFL every game counts, stats against all teams count, and no game should be taken for granted or given up that there is no hope to win. Sayin otherwise is the most retarded thing I've ever heard and anyone saying it must not pay attention to what happens every single year. End of discussion.

O.city
09-06-2012, 08:59 AM
Pitt was 12 - 4 last year, playing a pretty tough schedule, but were pretty banged up down the stretch. I'm thinking their d is aged past the point, but they were still good last year.