PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Late Night Bullshit: Lets say Cassel has a breakout year.

BossChief
09-07-2012, 11:50 PM
Lets say Cassel just needed all the tools around him to appear to be good and Haley hurt his development due to a toxic learning environment.

With this roster...

How far can this team go?

DaneMcCloud
09-07-2012, 11:50 PM
Let's say he doesn't and call it even

Hammock Parties
09-07-2012, 11:52 PM
http://i.imgur.com/9tPL3.gif

Shaid
09-07-2012, 11:57 PM
We're gonna get owned Sunday so let's get through a few games and see what we've got before we start making any grand predictions about Cassel's sudden resurrection from the depths of the trash bin.

kcmaxwell
09-08-2012, 12:05 AM
He's our qb, so does it hurt to hope he has an awesome season? Not at all. If he turns it on, and plays lights out, the sky is the limit for this season i think!

Silock
09-08-2012, 12:07 AM
If he has a breakout year, we can win a playoff game.

Odds of that happening are infinitely approaching zero.

BossChief
09-08-2012, 12:10 AM
Lets say he plays like he did in mid 2010 over the course of the season.

Winston > Richardson
Hillis > Jones
Asamoah > Lilja
Breaston > Chambers
Baldwin > some slapdick
Boss > Pope

Lots more help.

RealSNR
09-08-2012, 12:15 AM
Does his breakout year compare in any way, shape, or form to his fraudulent 2010 year? If it does, then I say we'll only ever potentially be a playoff team that loses its first game. He can't win in the playoffs.

Perhaps he gets lucky one year against a team like the Bengals. But that's about it.

For me, his breakout year is going to have to show that he's not afraid in the pocket, and that he finally understands how to read coverages. Those are things that don't require fuck-amazing talent or a non-toxic coaching environment, though. Those are things that have to come from himself.

Even then, the reports say that Daboll and Zorn are trying to keep him Cassel forever. They're coaching all their QBs to throw checkdowns, play it safe, and never try to win games. Basically, they're coaching them to be wet noodles that hope and pray that all 10 other men in the lineup are playing at their VERY bests.

RealSNR
09-08-2012, 12:16 AM

Winston > Richardson
Hillis > Jones
Asamoah > Lilja
Breaston > Chambers
Baldwin > some slapdick
Boss > Pope

Lots more help.Playoff appearance and immediate exit. That's all 2010 Cassel will ever get us.

L.A. Chieffan
09-08-2012, 12:17 AM
We could win the super bowl. Why not?

okcchief
09-08-2012, 12:17 AM
The weed quality in KC must have gone way up since I was a teenager.

tk13
09-08-2012, 12:18 AM
Tebow won a playoff game and he is lucky to complete 45% of his passes, so I'm not willing to bet against anything anymore.

Hammock Parties
09-08-2012, 12:20 AM

Unpossible.

The NFC West is far from Arrowhead this year.

I think the worst thing for Cassel this year is the fact our first 6-8 games are so hard.

He sucks early in the year.

Silock
09-08-2012, 12:22 AM
He sucks early in the year.

He also sucks late in the year.

BWillie
09-08-2012, 12:22 AM
He will have a good year but it will be a facade. He may have the best running attack this league has seen in five years and good offensives weapons as well. He damn well better be successful. If he has a below 90 even 95 Qb rating this yr it will be a failure

BWillie
09-08-2012, 12:24 AM

And the middle of the yr.

Silock
09-08-2012, 12:26 AM
And the middle of the yr.

I believe there's a pattern developing here.

Hammock Parties
09-08-2012, 12:28 AM

Not in 2010.

Dude was "on fire."

http://jimkanicki.com/page2/styled-5/files/dumpster-fire.jpeg

cdcox
09-08-2012, 12:30 AM
In the playoffs, our QB is going to have to make a few plays with the pressure on in order for us to win.

2010 Cassel won't cut it. Game over.

RealSNR
09-08-2012, 12:31 AM
Skinamarink-a-dink-and-dunk
skinamarinkcheck down
Caaaaasseeeeeell suuuuuuucks

He sucks hard in the morning
And in the afternoon
He sucks hard in the evening
Beneath the silv'ry moon

Skinamarink-a-dink-and-dunk
skinamarinkcheck down
Caaaaasseeeeeell suuuuuuucks

BossChief
09-08-2012, 12:32 AM
Part of me thinks that the upgrade from Richardson to Winston will help Cassel become more confident in the pocket.

Even though Cassel has shown to suck with time in the pocket or not, having Barry Richardson protecting the side of the line that you look at first can make anyone a bit jittery.

With these tight ends and Winston added to the OL, the pieces are in place for Cassel to step his game up.

We will face better defenses, so maybe him showing improvement and utilizing the weapons around him will help him do that...

Hammock Parties
09-08-2012, 12:34 AM
I wish you hadn't edited "tights" LMAO

BossChief
09-08-2012, 12:38 AM
Shit, I forgot to add in Dexter "the safety blanket" McCluster.

That alone should get Kasl back to the probowl.

NJChiefsFan
09-08-2012, 01:49 AM

Winston > Richardson
Hillis > Jones
Asamoah > Lilja
Breaston > Chambers
Baldwin > some slapdick
Boss > Pope

Lots more help.

2012 Schedule(most likely)> 2010 schedule

For the sake of argument though, Cassel can't have good numbers, he needs to make clutch plays. If he was to do that, this team could go far. I have no thoughts that this can occur.

Silock
09-08-2012, 01:53 AM
After re-reading the title, I can now only picture Cassel with an acne outbreak on his face.

New World Order
09-08-2012, 01:57 AM
Lets say Cassel just needed all the tools around him to appear to be good and Haley hurt his development due to a toxic learning environment.

With this roster...

http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/1329179424_mj-laughing1.gif

TLO
09-08-2012, 02:05 AM
We win a playoff game.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-08-2012, 07:10 AM
We win a playoff game.

Yup.

noa
09-08-2012, 08:30 AM
Part of me thinks that the upgrade from Richardson to Winston will help Cassel become more confident in the pocket.

Even though Cassel has shown to suck with time in the pocket or not, having Barry Richardson protecting the side of the line that you look at first can make anyone a bit jittery.

With these tight ends and Winston added to the OL, the pieces are in place for Cassel to step his game up.

We will face better defenses, so maybe him showing improvement and utilizing the weapons around him will help him do that...

Nah, you said it in your post, Castle freaks out at phantom pressure. Winston will help actual players from getting to Castle, but he can't stop the boogeyman from making Castle pee his panties in a perfect pocket.

Nightfyre
09-08-2012, 08:33 AM
Jesus BossChief. Quit romanticizing the past, man. Where's that .gif of Cassel with 10 years in the pocket against the Ravens and he still throws a pick with zero pressure? Cassel wasn't any better in 2010 than he was in 2009 or 2011. His statistics improved because of the level of competition.

Chiefnj2
09-08-2012, 08:42 AM
Here are the biggest issues that I see facing the team this year, taking Cassel out of the equation:

1. Guard. People don't want to talk about it but both Lilja and Asamoah struggle at times in the run game, especially short yardage. KC is going to be a run 1st team so they need those guys to step up.

2. DB. Injuries have robbed a squad that has some question marks to start (Lewis and Routt). If we are being honest even Berry looked a bit rusty in preseason. It's a passing league and the 'depth' has to rise and show they are part of the right 53.

3. NT. I know Gregg may not have scored that high in pff grades, etc., but people might be missing him with a Toribio/Powe/Poe rotation. Hopefully the young guys can adequately fill his shoes and finally the DL may be able to collapse the interior.

4. Houston. Pass the ball and rush the passer. That seems to be the current trend of the NFL. Houston needs to be a consistent threat opposite Hali, especially with a banged up secondary. The easiest way to disguise CB weakness is to knock the QB on his ass.

5. Boss. Cassel does his best work in the middle of the field 15 yards and closer. That means they will need to utilize the TEs as much as possible. Moeaki doesn't seem back to 100% yet, so Boss has to emerge as the #1.

6. Baldwin. He's a first round pick. Time to start playing like it on Sundays. Cassel needs all the help he can get and a big target that can fight for the ball should help.

chiefzilla1501
09-08-2012, 08:45 AM
Same deal. I don't care about stats.

Can he throw the ball accurately?
Can he react well when his pocket breaks down?
Can he go through progressions and consistently throw to a secondary read that isnt a check down?
Can he win games consistently against great defenses that don't stack the box to stop charles?
Can he consistently win games without monste production from Charles and hillis?
Can he consistently spot the hot read?
Can he consistently throw in strategic spots, like a back shoulder throw, and can he consistently throw them with precision?
And icing on the cake if he can start throwing an accurate deep ball.

If he doesn't do all these things, he's not a franchise qb, regardless of what his stat line says. If he's not a franchise qb, he's not our answer. After 4 years... Those are a lot of things that have to magically improve because of coaching.

R8RFAN
09-08-2012, 08:56 AM
Cassell + Breakout year in the same post LMAO

Black Bob
09-08-2012, 09:00 AM
If he improves in the pressure type situations where the game is on the line and he has to take it on his shoulders, we can win the Superbowl. Stats and pro bowls don't matter. He neeeds to be able to make the play when it needs to be made and he hasn't been able to do that yet. I think he will have a career year but I don't know if he can do this like Alex Smith did last year.

bevischief
09-08-2012, 09:04 AM
If he does can we say an extension on him being here for many more years to suck.

Bugeater
09-08-2012, 09:07 AM
Let's say monkeys fly out of my butt...

R8RFAN
09-08-2012, 09:13 AM
I have an extra ticket if you want to go with me. $150. Section 120 row 9. Lower level. Chiefs sideline. 45 yard line. I'm Noah, 27, and very knowledgeable.

You gonna put this in every damn thread here DoucheNozzle?

Mr. Laz
09-08-2012, 09:14 AM
Having a good QB will always help a team move to the next level but we still need our defense to play well.

I would hope for a playoff win

Schottenheimer
09-08-2012, 09:15 AM
Yes R8ers

R8RFAN
09-08-2012, 09:16 AM
Yes R8ers

They gonna ban yo ass

Bugeater
09-08-2012, 09:17 AM
Yes R8ers
No, you aren't.

OnTheWarpath15
09-08-2012, 09:39 AM
Mid-Morning Bullshit: Let's say Kate Upton knocks on my front door this evening, and while I'm fucking her, I win the Powerball and get struck by lightning at the exact same time.

Marcellus
09-08-2012, 09:41 AM
Mid-Morning Bullshit: Let's say Kate Upton knocks on my front door this evening, and while I'm ****ing her, I win the Powerball and get struck by lightning at the exact same time.

Compared to the OP that sounds very possible. Good luck I will be rooting for you.

OnTheWarpath15
09-08-2012, 09:45 AM
Compared to the OP that sounds very possible. Good luck I will be rooting for you.

LMAO

Thanks. Appreciate it.

DaFace
09-08-2012, 09:50 AM
They gonna ban yo ass

Indeed.

TLO
09-08-2012, 09:50 AM
They gonna ban yo ass

Good call. LMAO

whoman69
09-08-2012, 12:51 PM
Cassel has as much chance of having a breakout year as I do of being able to hit a one iron.

BoneKrusher
09-08-2012, 12:55 PM
The weed quality in KC must have gone way up since I was a teenager.

:D:drool:

Fritz88
09-08-2012, 12:58 PM
no

Tribal Warfare
09-08-2012, 12:58 PM
http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/lol/grand/Jack-Nicholson-lol-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-1658.gif

@ Cassel developing better than a shit eating Pioli cock monger.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-08-2012, 01:34 PM
Does his breakout year compare in any way, shape, or form to his fraudulent 2010 year? If it does, then I say we'll only ever potentially be a playoff team that loses its first game. He can't win in the playoffs.

Perhaps he gets lucky one year against a team like the Bengals. But that's about it.

For me, his breakout year is going to have to show that he's not afraid in the pocket, and that he finally understands how to read coverages. Those are things that don't require fuck-amazing talent or a non-toxic coaching environment, though. Those are things that have to come from himself.

Even then, the reports say that Daboll and Zorn are trying to keep him Cassel forever. They're coaching all their QBs to throw checkdowns, play it safe, and never try to win games. Basically, they're coaching them to be wet noodles that hope and pray that all 10 other men in the lineup are playing at their VERY bests.

:banghead::#

fuck this shit.

Hammock Parties
09-08-2012, 01:37 PM
"Cassel Forever" should be our slogan.

That's the heart of our team building philosophy.

BoneKrusher
09-08-2012, 01:41 PM
"Lets say Cassel has a breakout year".
i'd have to see this to believe it.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-08-2012, 01:41 PM
"Cassel Forever" should be our slogan.

That's the heart of our team building philosophy.

When "Martyiocrity" starts looking good, well...

threebag
09-08-2012, 01:49 PM
Cassel will suck so bad we fall back to the run. In the process we lose our running backs to injury. Decimation of a possible great O-line. Then our receivers lose faith because they are under utilized. They in turn sign somewhere else and not even TO would come to Kansas City. Our Beloved team then is in the worst possible shape it could have ever been. Matt Cassel finally Leafs out and Pioli sinks lower than Matt Millen. Complete rebuild with a broke down Tony Romo as TQBOF. The CHIEF cycle continues.

I hope not but he really is only The Matt Cassel

Hammock Parties
09-08-2012, 02:03 PM
I bet we can win a playoff game with Tony Broko.

I'll go full homer for his Damon Huard ass.

CAN'T WAIT

Daboll/Broko 2014.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-08-2012, 02:04 PM
I bet we can win a playoff game with Tony Broko.

I'll go full homer for his Damon Huard ass.

CAN'T WAIT

Daboll/Broko 2014.

Broko actually completed some passes that weren't screens.

Ace Gunner
09-08-2012, 02:18 PM
IMO 8 - 8 is as far as this team can go in 2012. I do not expect better than 6 - 10 at this point and I expect 2 - 6 at the halfway point, which will give matty c 1 last shot against the steelers, who will pull down his pants midfield and spank him in front of all of pittsburg and tv land. Then it will be time to move on. And Romeo will.

Hammock Parties
09-08-2012, 02:34 PM
Would be fitting for Todd Haley's team to deliver the OFF WITH HIS HEAD to Matt Kasl's career.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-08-2012, 02:35 PM
Would be fitting for Todd Haley's team to deliver the OFF WITH HIS HEAD to Matt Kasl's career.

Or a crushed knee...

Hammock Parties
09-08-2012, 02:46 PM
Or a crushed knee...

NO.

No more injuries for Kasl.

I want his fail fully exposed to the world over 16 games so there are no excuses to bring him back next season.

threebag
09-08-2012, 02:51 PM
He has a ACE in the hole. He's Piolis golden boy.

R8RFAN
09-08-2012, 02:53 PM
Long Live Cassel

BossChief
09-09-2012, 12:07 PM
I literally cant believe what Im seeing from Cassel today.

Silock
09-09-2012, 12:09 PM
Me either. Still, it's only two quarters.

R8RFAN
09-09-2012, 12:10 PM

Dude is ballin.... Different game when you have a threat in the backfield in Charles

beach tribe
09-09-2012, 12:25 PM
Cassel looks as good or better than he ever has.
Daboll has done a nice job. Winston is ROCkING ASS. Boss looks good. Charles looks good.
This will be Cassel's best year by far.
He'll be better than 2010.

beach tribe
09-09-2012, 12:28 PM
Cassel will suck so bad we fall back to the run. In the process we lose our running backs to injury. Decimation of a possible great O-line. Then our receivers lose faith because they are under utilized. They in turn sign somewhere else and not even TO would come to Kansas City. Our Beloved team then is in the worst possible shape it could have ever been. Matt Cassel finally Leafs out and Pioli sinks lower than Matt Millen. Complete rebuild with a broke down Tony Romo as TQBOF. The CHIEF cycle continues.

I hope not but he really is only The Matt Cassel

You've looked spot on so far.

beach tribe
09-09-2012, 12:29 PM

This is what he looks like when he's comfortable in the pocket. Winston has provided him that luxury so far.

BossChief
09-09-2012, 12:34 PM

With this roster...

Winston > Richardson
Hillis > Jones
Asamoah > Lilja
Breaston > Chambers
Baldwin > some slapdick
Boss > Pope

Lots more help.

Shit, I forgot to add in Dexter "the safety blanket" McCluster.

That alone should get Kasl back to the probowl.

L.A. Chieffan
09-09-2012, 12:37 PM
You put a bow on a pig it's still a pig