PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs I was impressed with Cassel

Pages : [1] 2

petegz28
09-09-2012, 01:53 PM
He didn't start to look like the old Cassel until the game was out of reach. His passes were crisp, ontime, to the correct receiver and he went through progressions. He marched us into scoring position until Moeaki decided to make a weak attempt at catching a ball which ended up tipped and picked. It was not Cassel's fault. The fumble was not Cassel's fault. The 2nd INT was the old Cassel though he was trying to make a play in a game that we were out of but nonetheless was a bad decision.

All in all he looked good. He was put in a position that he was literally forced to score on every drive and was doing a good job of it until some others started choking.

I'm not down on him yet. If our defense was worth half a fuck today we most likley stomp Atlanta.

Bane
09-09-2012, 01:54 PM
Go fuck yourself.

FloridaMan88
09-09-2012, 01:55 PM
Clark and Fat Scott are thrilled they still have blind believers in Matt Cassel.

BigRichard
Go **** yourself.

Ditto

qabbaan
That's because you're a billay.

Frankie
09-09-2012, 01:56 PM
"I was impressed with Cassel"

:facepalm:

Munson
This thread can die in an AIDS fire.

-King-
He shit the bed in the 2nd half.

Although the entire game changed after the batted pass/missed FG. Those two plays defined the rest of the game.

milkman
The 2nd fumble can be blamed directly on Albert.

However, Cassel's pocket presense, or lack thereof, contributed.

Bewbies
Go **** yourself.

This

petegz28
What did Cassel do to lose this game for us?

Deberg_1990
The fumble wasn't his fault?

BWillie
Yeah can't really fault Cassel in this one. That defense was torn to shreds. No pass rush + bad corners equals fail

tredadda
So all we have to do is never get behind or else Cassel will revert to his usual self.

petegz28
09-09-2012, 01:57 PM

hell no! Albert totally whiffed on a block and he got blindsided

FloridaMan88
What did Cassel do to lose this game for us?

Did you watch the second half of today's game or were you too busy firing up your personal Matt Cassel prostate massager.

FlaChief58
He was pretty damn good in the first half, sadly for him, NFL games are 60 minutes

-King-

No. That was entirely Albert. I don't even think Albert got one hand on his man.

tk13
I don't know if I'll say impressed, but this team can win 10 games if he plays like this and the defense actually decides to show up at some point. He really only made one truly hideous Cassel throw and that was the INT.

notorious
09-09-2012, 01:58 PM
Fuck Cassel.

But, he did play well in the first half.

Caseyguyrr
He shit the bed in the 2nd half.

Although the entire game changed after the batted pass/missed FG. Those two plays defined the rest of the game.

this

gold_and_red
Cassell cannot lead this team to a comeback. Against good teams this will always be a problem. He makes bad decisions when the team needs him to step up.

petegz28
09-09-2012, 01:59 PM
So all we have to do is never get behind or else Cassel will revert to his usual self.

We were behind the entire game and Cassel kept tying the game and putting us into position to score.

Succop missed FG to tie....Atlanta scored again

Albert whiffs a block, Cassel gets blindsided and fumbles...Atlanta scored again

Moeaki weak arms a catch and tips it, gets picked off...Atlanta scored again

RINGLEADER
09-09-2012, 02:00 PM
Cassel can't win when the game falls on him.

He's like a bad actor. A bad actor can pull it off 90% of the time. It's that 10% of the time they can't that makes them a bad actor.

BigMeatballDave
In the 1st half...

Last I checked, there are 4 quarters.

bricks
He played great in the first half and looked porous in the 2nd half. It all equals out to average anyway. That's what he is.

The main message I got out of this game was that he sucked under pressure. He still didn't carry the team on his back when it counted most.

RINGLEADER
We were behind the entire game and Cassel kept tying the game and putting us into position to score.

Albert whiffs a block, Cassel gets blindsided and fumbles...Atlanta scored again

There is some truth to this, actually.

FloridaMan88

Moeali weak arms a catch and tips it, gets picked off...Atlanta scored again

Funny how you leave out the second INT when Cassel tries to throw across his body which even ultra QB homer Billick said was something QB's learn not to do in middle school.

farmerchief
Cassel looked Ok, but the missed FG set the tone for rest of game!

tredadda
09-09-2012, 02:01 PM
Yeah can't really fault Cassel in this one. That defense was torn to shreds. No pass rush + bad corners equals fail

Yes you can. As always when we get behind he is unable to take this team on his back. Every time we scored Atlanta answered. From the start of the second half on Atlanta scored at will and Cassel did nothing to counter it.

petegz28
In the 1st half...

Last I checked, there are 4 quarters.

He did fine to start the 2nd half. Succupos fucked us, Ablert fucked us and Moeaki fucked us. By the time Cassel started shitting the bed the game was over

J Diddy
Funny how you leave out the second INT when Cassel tries to throw across his body which even ultra QB homer Billick said was something QB's learn not to do in middle school.

That was a mistake. Please point out the others.

notorious

Game was gone at that point, so who care?

cdcox
The 2nd fumble can be blamed directly on Albert.

However, Cassel's pocket presense, or lack thereof, contributed.

Albert was out of his stance before any of the other OL. I thought he might have had a false start. Bob Dole said 55 was off sides for Atlanta. It could still be on Albert, but there might have been mitigating circumstances.

BigMeatballDave
09-09-2012, 02:02 PM
Matt certainty isn't the reason they lost, but he did nothing to stop the bleeding in the 2nd half.

petegz28

I mentioned that in the OP, dumbass. And at that point it was rather moot anyway.

tk13
Although I agree on this... if this offense doesn't score 41 points a game, Cassel is a failure. No excuse not to score 40 points every week.

BWillie
Did you watch the second half of today's game or were you too busy firing up your personal Matt Cassel prostate massager.

Dude they were down 3TDs+, its third and whatever. I have no problem with him forcing the issue there. Cassel sucks but he had nothing to do with losing this game.

petegz28
09-09-2012, 02:03 PM
Albert was out of his stance before any of the other OL. I thought he might have had a false start. Bob Dole said 55 was off sides for Atlanta. It could still be on Albert, but there might have been mitigating circumstances.

Either way it wasn't Cassel's fault. Whether it was on Albert or the defense getting away with offsides

ModSocks
Cassel looked better. He was more accurate. He showed some balls, had some good velocity on his passes.

But at the end of the day, he lost and turned the ball over 3 times.

Dont be confused. Better does not equal good.

jd1020
Cassel looked good until the Moeaki dropped interception. Everything after that was typical Cassel.

chiefzilla1501
09-09-2012, 02:04 PM
This loss isn't on Cassel.

But the game raises more concerns on offense than it does good things. For several reasons. Daboll's adjustments in the second half were putrid. This also isn't the first time Cassel has lost his cool and made stupid mistakes in frustration -- not something you want to see in your QB.

More importantly... I'm concerned about the way Atlanta adjusted. Was the first half really Cassel or was it that Atlanta didn't know how to play them? Because Atlanta completely had KC's number in the second half. While Cassel played well, you didn't see him do anything special in the first half either. He stood in a very clean pocket and threw to wide open receivers, mostly, and mostly on the primary read. Maybe he has enough weapons to keep doing that. My sense is, that's going to be exposed big time, along with the fact that we don't throw the ball deep. More intermediate routes than last year, but no deep ones.

jd1020
09-09-2012, 02:04 PM
Cassel looked better. He was more accurate. He showed some balls, had some good velocity on his passes.

But at the end of the day, he lost and turned the ball over 3 times.

Dont be confused. Better does not equal good.

He lost the ball once, at least in my book. The fumble and first interception I don't blame on him. Albert gave a blind side pass rusher a free shot at Cassel and Moeaki just whiffs on a catch.

Deberg_1990
09-09-2012, 02:05 PM
Everything was going ok until the Succop whiff. It's all his fault.

cdcox
Here's what I saw:

A great half. Four real money throws. Exactly the kind of game you want from a game manager.

A completely ineffective half in which Cassel did not lead a single scoring drive until the last meaningless drive. A couple of really bonehead throws.

Overall, same old Cassel.

R8RFAN
I am gonna side with the OP and Cassel here.... I thought he played good, 17 points is enough to win if you play decent D

griZZly64
Yeah I was impressed with Cassel's 1st half as well. Good sign. Now we need our defense to get healthy

FloridaMan88
Trent Green would have kept the Chiefs in a game like today, a shootout with no help from his defense.

Matt Cassel shitted in his pants in the second half.

milkman
Here'e the problem.

Teams that can,, and do, overcome mistakes, have guys that are leaders under center.

Teams that wilt when mistakes are made lack that leadership.

Matt Cassel is a guy falls into the second category.

He lacks the confidence to lead this team when they need it most.

petegz28
09-09-2012, 02:06 PM
Everything was going ok until the Succop whiff. It's all his fault.

Actually everything was going ok until the Albert whiff and then we were still moving the ball until the Moeaki whiff.

petegz28
09-09-2012, 02:07 PM
Here'e the problem.

Teams that can,, and do, overcome mistakes, have guys that are leaders under center.

It helps when your defense doesn't open the front door for the other team to score every drive.

tredadda
Trent Green would have kept the Chiefs in a game like today, a shootout with no help from his defense.

And he did in the playoff game against Indy (in 2003?)

Deberg_1990

ROFL

Green got blown out plenty of times.

petegz28
I am gonna side with the OP and Cassel here.... I thought he played good, 17 points is enough to win if you play decent D

We should have and could have had more and I don't see it as Cassel's fault that we didn't.

Three7s
Yes you can. As always when we get behind he is unable to take this team on his back. Every time we scored Atlanta answered. From the start of the second half on Atlanta scored at will and Cassel did nothing to counter it.
Hello? Do we have a winner?

It wouldn't have mattered if Cassel played well the whole game or not. This game was the defense's loss. They were forcing Cassel and the offense to be 100% perfect, and we know that's not something they're capable of. Anyone that blames this on Cassel is just looking for another reason for him to go.

BigMeatballDave
Here'e the problem.

Thread over

chiefzilla1501
The other problem is... it's not like we have the burden of proof to prove that Cassel sucks. Cassel has the burden of proof to prove he's any good.

So yeah, from the get-go... not a horrendous performance by Cassel, but the bar is a LOT higher for him.

RINGLEADER
Putting aside what was Cassel's fault, I think we have the tools to be a good offense and I think when we get Hali and Flowers and Lewis back we'll obviously be much improved on defense. We just can't put a game into Cassel's hands and expect him to come back from over two scores down. Never will be able to. That's who he is. We all hate it, but I think we showed that we can win with this offense, provided the defense doesn't crap the bed like today. I want to see our defense at full strength before passing judgment.

RINGLEADER
09-09-2012, 02:08 PM

Matt Cassel has never shown this ability. He can't do it.

cdcox
Either way it wasn't Cassel's fault. Whether it was on Albert or the defense getting away with offsides

There are QBs with better pocket mechanics that usually avoid those kinds of fumbles. Cassel winds up and has a hitch in his motion where he leaves the ball exposed longer than a prototypical pocket passer should. Also, others are better at feeling the pressure and sliding.

I'm not saying the fumble was Cassel's fault, but a lot of QBs would avoid that fumble.

COchief
Cassel looked Ok, but the missed FG set the tone for rest of game!

Yeah, tell that to any real NFL QB and they'll laugh their asses off. Look at the adversity Eli has overcome in huge games time and time again and tell me a missed field goal is enough to write off a rookie like 2nd half.

Am I the only one who noticed a single covered WR running wide open directly in front of Castle when he threw that pick across his body?

tredadda
09-09-2012, 02:09 PM

This is a pass happy league. 17 points a game is not going to consistently cut it.

petegz28
09-09-2012, 02:09 PM
Putting aside what was Cassel's fault, I think we have the tools to be a good offense and I think when we get Hali and Flowers and Lewis back we'll obviously be much improved on defense. We just can't put a game into Cassel's hands and expect him to come back from over two scores down. Never will be able to. That's who he is. We all hate it, but I think we showed that we can win with this offense, provided the defense doesn't crap the bed like today. I want to see our defense at full strength before passing judgment.

I think he can come back from 2 scores down, provided the defense keeps the other team from consistently being 2 scores up

milkman
09-09-2012, 02:10 PM
It helps when your defense doesn't open the front door for the other team to score every drive.

We knew going into this game, without Hali and Flowers, that this defense was going to struggle.

This game had to fall on the offense, and Matty Melt.

When the chips fell, Matty Melt couldn't pick them up.

cdcox

Thanks for your opinion, Herm.

petegz28
This is a pass happy league. 17 points a game is not going to consistently cut it.

We had 3 drives end up in 0 points that were not Cassel's fault

Saccopoo
09-09-2012, 02:11 PM
There are QBs with better pocket mechanics that usually avoid those kinds of fumbles. Cassel winds up and has a hitch in his motion where he leaves the ball exposed longer than a prototypical pocket passer should. Also, others are better at feeling the pressure and sliding.

I'm not saying the fumble was Cassel's fault, but a lot of QBs would avoid that fumble.

For christs sake...he got fucking blindsided on a free run by Abraham.

There's not a QB in the league that wouldn't have lost that ball.

petegz28
We knew going into this game, without Hali and Flowers, that this defense was going to struggle.

How so? Did he miss the FG? Did he miss the block that forced the fumble? Did he make Moaki weak arm a very catchable pass? Byt that time we were out of it. WTF was he supposed to do?

R8RFAN
aS ud POSTED IN ANOTHER THREAD

His 1st-half rating was 137.3

2nd half rating was 15.1

chiefzilla1501

That's the biggest problem. We can't just consider if Cassel did well. We have to consider if any other QB could have done just as well.

The fact is, Cassel had unbelievable protection in the first half and his primary or check down read was wide open on the majority of passes. I don't want to say that make the game easy. But there are lots of QBs that probably could have done well in the first half circumstances.

Again, I blame the second half mostly on Daboll. But there are lots of hints in this game that we should worry about elite defenses that can shut down our running game without stacking the box. And elite defenses that will get pressure on Cassel.

tredadda
09-09-2012, 02:12 PM
Hello? Do we have a winner?

It wouldn't have mattered if Cassel played well the whole game or not. This game was the defense's loss. They were forcing Cassel and the offense to be 100% perfect, and we know that's not something they're capable of. Anyone that blames this on Cassel is just looking for another reason for him to go.

Not saying the defense is innocent as it is not, but they gave up two scores when the offense gave Atlanta the ball in scoring position. Although the defense played poorly, it is not like the guy we have under center has ever or will ever be able to take this team on his shoulders, especially when we fall behind.

petegz28

Dude I would say just about every QB gets tagged and most fumble in that situation. It wasn't like he held the ball too long or anything.

Toadkiller
Time to blow for Barkley

milkman
In chat, I said the moment that Succop missed that FG that that was the game.

Matt Cassel didn't lose this game, but I knew as soon as this team fell behind by 10 points that Matt Cassel couldn't win this game.

notorious
3seven is right.

Cassel could have kept playing like he did and we woud have lost.

tredadda
09-09-2012, 02:13 PM
I think he can come back from 2 scores down, provided the defense keeps the other team from consistently being 2 scores up

In the four years he has been on this team, how often has he done just that?

R8RFAN
iT'S A sad fucking day when a rival team fan has to defend your QB

notorious
Matt Cassel didn't lose this game, but I knew as soon as this team fell behind by 10 points that Matt Cassel couldn't win this game.

This

This

This.

FloridaMan88
And he did in the playoff game against Indy (in 2003?)

That game was 38-31, which would be the definition of "keeping in the game", despite having a defensive performance that was as bad if not worse than today.

Cassel could only keep the Chiefs competitive for a half and then shitted in his pants.

Three7s

So, you're saying you'd rather lose 48-45, rather than 40-24? Last time I checked it's still a loss. Cassel could've thrown for 550 and 6 TDs and they still lose with that defense.

DeezNutz
If you're impressed, your expectations are shockingly low.

petegz28
09-09-2012, 02:14 PM

A lot of us said that. And that was because it ended up with us being down by 10 and no one can score a 10 pt TD and our defense wasn't stopping anyone.

petegz28
09-09-2012, 02:15 PM

What did you want him to do?

FlaChief58
Time to blow for Barkley

Not yet. We should know how bad we are by week 5.

L.A. Chieffan
At half time we were only down by three points.

Atlanta made adjustments and came out with a different attack. Chiefs didn't. I put the blame on the coaches

petegz28
That game was 38-31, which would be the definition of "keeping in the game", despite having a defensive performance that was as bad if not worse than today.

Cassel could only keep the Chiefs competitive for a half and then shitted in his pants.

How so? How did he shit his pants?

chiefzilla1501
So, you're saying you'd rather lose 48-45, rather than 40-24? Last time I checked it's still a loss. Cassel could've thrown for 550 and 6 TDs and they still lose with that defense.

In defense of the defense, if there is any after that miserable performance, they also had a few turnovers that put them in a very unfavorable position.

But again, we're not talking about Andrew Luck in his first game. We're talking about Matt Cassel. This isn't the first time his offense has laid a complete goose eggs on consecutive drives. He's single-handedly the biggest reason we lost against Baltimore, if people recall.

qabbaan
09-09-2012, 02:16 PM

Play an entire game without sucking.

petegz28
09-09-2012, 02:17 PM
In the four years he has been on this team, how often has he done just that?

I think with what we saw today and our offense this year 2 scores won't be an issue. He kept coming back from being down today didn't he? The defense has to step in at some point.

DeezNutz

Be consistent. Not play like he did in the second half.

One good half and one embarrassing half do not an impressive performance make.

petegz28
Play an entire game without sucking.

And that would have gotten us what?

Deberg_1990
Cassel was ok, not great but ok today. They can win with him if the defense plays better for sure.

I'm more disappointed in the fact we have three top picks on the d line and still can't generate much of a pass rush.

DeezNutz
09-09-2012, 02:18 PM
And that would have gotten us what?

A chance to be impressed with Cassel without having to make a shit ton of excuses for him.

petegz28
Be consistent. Not play like he did in the second half.

One good half and one embarrassing half do not an impressive performance make.

He didn't play bad in the 2nd half until we were out of the game anyway.

cdcox
For christs sake...he got ****ing blindsided on a free run by Abraham.

There's not a QB in the league that wouldn't have lost that ball.

There are QBs that would not have been blindsided because the felt the pressure and moved.

Cassel had the ball stripped because the ball was outside his body. There are QBs who hold the ball high on their chest when going through their progression and have a quick release delivery. The ball is exposed outside of their core for maybe 1/2 the time that Cassel does with his delivery. It's fundamental QB mechanics and they are coached for a reason, one being that you limit these kinds of turnovers. Cassel's fundamentals are not prototypical.

So yes, there are QBs that would not have fumbled with that exact play called and exact play by the other 21 players on the field.

FloridaMan88

Third and 1, he throws a pass that any QB above 8th grade knows not to throw... INT.. end of any hope of a comeback.

You continue to try to gloss over that play in your continued ass kissing of Cassel.

Saccopoo

Matt Cassel wasn't going to win this game. Joe Montana, Tom Brady, Terry Bradshaw, Fran Tarkenton or Tim Tebow wasn't going to win this game. They were down 10 points and the defense hadn't stopped Atlanta all game long.

That's not on Cassel, that's on the defense. If they hold them, who knows, but they didn't.

tredadda
09-09-2012, 02:19 PM
I think with what we saw today and our offense this year 2 scores won't be an issue. He kept coming back from being down today didn't he? The defense has to step in at some point.

For a half. How many times in the past 4 years has Cassel come from 2 scores down to win it for us, especially against a good team. The defense is just as guilty for the blowout, but what was once a shootout became a blowout and our offense (led by Cassel) did nothing to stop that.

petegz28
09-09-2012, 02:19 PM
A chance to be impressed with Cassel without having to make a shit ton of excuses for him.

You are on crack. Cassel did nothing to hurt this team today. The only thing he could have done that was his fault was not throw the 2nd INT. And at that point it was irrelevant anyway.

petegz28
09-09-2012, 02:20 PM
For a half. How many times in the past 4 years has Cassel come from 2 scores down to win it for us, especially against a good team. The defense is just as guilty for the blowout, but what was once a shootout became a blowout and our offense (led by Cassel) did nothing to stop that.

He made Succop miss? He made Albert miss the block? He made Moeaki drop a pass? I ams till confused on what exactly Cassel did wrong other than the 2nd INT?

Bwana

Heh, that was my first throught as well. When the NFL starts playing "half games" old Matt will be in good shape.

DeezNutz
You are on crack. Cassel did nothing to hurt this team today. The only thing he could have done that was his fault was not throw the 2nd INT. And at that point it was irrelevant anyway.

Striking juxtaposition of sentences two and three.

He was perfect! Well, except for...

petegz28
09-09-2012, 02:21 PM
Matt Cassel wasn't going to win this game. Joe Montana, Tom Brady, Terry Bradshaw, Fran Tarkenton or Tim Tebow wasn't going to win this game. They were down 10 points and the defense hadn't stopped Atlanta all game long.

That's not on Cassel, that's on the defense. If they hold them, who knows, but they didn't.

God damn THIS!

A QB cannot bring you back from behind when your defense keeps letting the other team go ahead!

tredadda
He didn't play bad in the 2nd half until we were out of the game anyway.

You just made an excuse for him. Basically as long as he has a perfect pocket, perfect running game and receivers that get plenty of separation he is lights out. Take any of those factors out and he plays like crap and some excuse his play.

jd1020
There are QBs that would not have been blindsided because the felt the pressure and moved.

Cassel had the ball stripped because the ball was outside his body. There are QBs who hold the ball high on their chest when going through their progression and have a quick release delivery. The ball is exposed outside of their core for maybe 1/2 the time that Cassel does with his delivery. It's fundamental QB mechanics and they are coached for a reason, one being that you limit these kinds of turnovers. Cassel's fundamentals are not prototypical.

So yes, there are QBs that would not have fumbled with that exact play called and exact play by the other 21 players on the field.

:doh!:

Free shot from the blindside. Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Ben Roethlisberger, and Peyton Manning don't feel that pressure.

petegz28
09-09-2012, 02:22 PM
Striking juxtaposition of sentences two and three.

He was perfect! Well, except for...

So you are saying had he not thrown the 2nd INT we would have had a chance? :) LMAO

DeezNutz
09-09-2012, 02:22 PM
As long as we have a lead, Matt Cassel can be a winning QB.

Personally, I thought the refs screwed Castle today.

R8RFAN
09-09-2012, 02:23 PM
God damn THIS!

A QB cannot bring you back from behind when your defense keeps letting the other team go ahead!

I am with you on this

bricks
09-09-2012, 02:24 PM
Here'e the problem.

Good post. Thats the message I got out of this game.

*I also think that Matt lacks really important attributes to be a great QB. I mean you talk about a lack of leadership on his part, what I also see is a lack of poise/composure. When you combine the nervousness or the tension with playing under pressure, it usually doesn't bode well for your team. We saw some of that today.

cdcox
The question isn't if Cassel should have been able to win this game. The question is did he show the kind of performance today where we would want him QB in a situation where we did have a chance?

I think most teams are in a better situation than we are in that regard.

petegz28
As long as we have a lead, Matt Cassel can be a winning QB.

Personally, I thought the refs screwed Castle today.

How is a QB supposed to come from behind when the defense never stops the other team?

FloridaMan88
He made Succop miss? He made Albert miss the block? He made Moeaki drop a pass? I ams till confused on what exactly Cassel did wrong other than the 2nd INT?

That second INT effectively ended the game for the Chiefs.

Also you fail to recognize the play before when Cassel slides 1 foot short of the first down marker.

Bwana
I am with you on this

LMAO

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/customavatars/avatar9613_52.gif (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=9613)

jd1020
09-09-2012, 02:25 PM

Also you fail to recognize the play before when Cassel slides 1 foot short of the first down marker.

The second INT didn't effectively end shit. That game was long over before that point.

It was fucking 37-17 when he threw that INT.

R8RFAN
09-09-2012, 02:25 PM
How is a QB supposed to come from behind when the defense never stops the other team?

Seriously... WTF is wrong with the Chief fans.... Matt was not the problem this week

Bump
09-09-2012, 02:26 PM
WHAT IMPRESSED YOU SO MUCH ABOUT CASSEL?

THAT HE CANT FINISH A GAME?

THAT HE CANT BE A LEADER AND KEEP THE SCORE CLOSE?

THAT HE COMES OUT IN THE 2nd HALF AND IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THREE STRAIGHT TURNOERS?

FUCK OFF

BigMeatballDave

Saccopoo
Cassel was ok, not great but ok today. They can win with him if the defense plays better for sure.

I'm more disappointed in the fact we have three top picks on the d line and still can't generate much of a pass rush.

http://www.taracronica.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/hmmm.gif

milkman
A lot of us said that. And that was because it ended up with us being down by 10 and no one can score a 10 pt TD and our defense wasn't stopping anyone.

I don't know that this defense makes a single stop today, even if the Chiefs offense matches the Falcons drive for drive.

But if your QB can keep you in the game, then one play is a close game can be a huge difference, and that one play could have been a play the Chiefs make.

If the Chiefs go into the 4th qtr down by 3, that qtr has an entirely different complexion.

petegz28

What game were you watching? The game was over well before that.

R8RFAN

2nd half rating was 15.1

= NO HALFTIME ADJUSTMENTS

munkey
09-09-2012, 02:27 PM
3seven is right.

Cassel could have kept playing like he did and we woud have lost.

That's just fucking retarded....how many turnovers did the Chiefs have in the third qt? Tell me...where, when and how many points came from them? Tell me...Give an opponent like the Falcon's a short field and your fucked...go fuck yourself...

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-09-2012, 02:28 PM
Is there such a thing a "Quarterbacks Anonymous"?

A place where Cassel can go and admit his wrongs?

Fishpicker
guys, we're going to get better. Matt looked good today. did anybody notice how quick and smooth he got his hat on after that first score? he had it backwards like a boss and then spun it around for a 180 in one deft motion. Cassel is going to take us to the playoffs. I'm calling it. upwards and onwards is what I always say.

Ming the Merciless

2nd half rating was 15.1

Mainly its much harder to pass when the opponent KNOWS you have to almost every down...

petegz28
I don't know that this defense makes a single stop today, even if the Chiefs offense matches the Falcons drive for drive.

But if your QB can keep you in the game, then one play is a close game can be a huge difference, and that one play could have been a play the Chiefs make.

If the Chiefs go into the 4th qtr down by 3, that qtr has an entirely different complexion.

He brought us down for the tie to open the 2nd half. Succop misses..we go down by 10.

He gets blindsided and fumbles, we go down by 17

He starts marching us again and Moeaki weak arms a catch and tips it to a defender, we go down by 20.

What was he supposed to do?

tredadda
Seriously... WTF is wrong with the Chief fans.... Matt was not the problem this week

He wasn't the solution either. While the defense is heavily responsible for this loss, the QB continues from where he left off. In year 4 he has done nothing to inspire fans to think that he can lead this team back when they fall behind, especially against playoff caliber teams.

R8RFAN
Everytime this fucking team loses you want to throw Cassel under the mother fucking bus.... Fuck all of you, Fuck all of you, Thats right, I said it!!!!

Megbert
09-09-2012, 02:29 PM

You mean the pass where the defender was draped all over Mo? That play?

MMXcalibur

Holy shit, do you even watch the games?

ClevelandBronco

2nd half rating was 15.1

That would require coaching.

RINGLEADER

Cassel was better than OK in the first half. He was worse than suck in the second, but as Pete points out it wasn't exactly his fault that the boulder rolled over him the way it did.

I don't understand why Romeo kept dropping 8 into coverage. They couldn't handle the assignments. Should have brought 5-6 each time. It's not like it would make a difference.

R8RFAN
Mainly its much harder to pass when the opponent KNOWS you have to almost every down...

Hell ya.... Fuck all these stupid Madden playing mother fuckers who can't see this

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-09-2012, 02:30 PM
guys, we're going to get better. Matt looked good today. did anybody notice how quick and smooth he got his hat on after that first score? he had it backwards like a boss and then spun it around for a 180 in one deft motion. Cassel is going to take us to the playoffs. I'm calling it. upwards and onwards is what I always say.

LMAO

BigMeatballDave
He wasn't the solution either. While the defense is heavily responsible for this loss, the QB continues from where he left off. In year 4 he has done nothing to inspire fans to think that he can lead this team back when they fall behind, especially against playoff caliber teams.

Yep.

Wash, rinse. Repeat.

TEX
Impressed with Cassel? Why? He was impressive right up to the point that he had to be. Then you saw his limitations and why the Chiefs will not win anything with him. There was only 1 franchise quarterback on the field today, who was up against pretty much the same thing that Matt was , yet got it done. I will say if you are going to play the type of offense that the Chiefs are playing you must have a strong defense and the Chiefs do notJ

petegz28
You mean the pass where the defender was draped all over Mo? That play?

I do agree it was PI but he still could have caught it

Three7s
He brought us down for the tie to open the 2nd half. Succop misses..we go down by 10.

He starts marching us again and Moeaki weak arms a catch and tips it to a defender, we go down by 20.

Give it up. This board refuses to acknowledge that being 100% perfect 100% of the time against a defense not playing scrubs is pretty much impossible.

R8RFAN
09-09-2012, 02:31 PM
One of these days I am gonna leave this forum because there are some stupid mother fuckers here....

Ming the Merciless
09-09-2012, 02:31 PM
One of these days I am gonna leave this forum because there are some stupid mother ****ers here....

Can I come with?

FloridaMan88
09-09-2012, 02:32 PM
Give it up. This board refuses to acknowledge that being 100% perfect 100% of the time against a defense not playing scrubs is pretty much impossible.

Cassel had a QB rating of 15.1 in the second half.

That isn't even 50% perfect.

The Mayor
When the Chiefs go down by two or more possessions you know the game is over. That is pathetic. The reason is Matt Cassel. How people can defend this loser amazes me.

R8RFAN
Can I come with?

Come on my Homoerotic friend..

Sweet Daddy Hate
The door, your asses, consolidate.

BigMeatballDave
09-09-2012, 02:33 PM

2nd half rating was 15.1

Atlanta made Defensive adjustments that Matty couldn't adjust too.

Three7s
09-09-2012, 02:33 PM

Read the post I quoted.

munkey
09-09-2012, 02:34 PM
That would require coaching.

Yes...and good QB play...of which KC has none...I'm all about done with this fucking team...they can find another stupid ass fan base to waste time and money on...

And YES...I know your a troll :)

tredadda

That's Moeaki and Albert's fault.

R8RFAN
Mother fucker looked like Aaron Rodgers first half and yall bash his ass..... Play some Mother fucking defense and protect Matt and he can perform.. This is the mother fucking NFL Dawg

RINGLEADER
09-09-2012, 02:35 PM
We do have the 8th best rushing defense though... ;)

Ming the Merciless
09-09-2012, 02:36 PM
Come on my Homoerotic friend..

http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-get/I0000O4CBABhvbWY/s/860/860/two-men-on-the-beach-at-sunset-holding-hands.jpg

Into the sunset we ride....

Just macho guys

not ashamed to be macho

in a non gay way

Just working out, sparring, and living life together

watching football and getting macho all the time

like bros

R8RFAN
Thats hawt

tredadda
Mother ****er looked like Aaron Rodgers first half and yall bash his ass..... Play some Mother ****ing defense and protect Matt and he can perform.. This is the mother ****ing NFL Dawg

Defense played like crap both halves, someone else not so much.

The Mayor
09-09-2012, 02:37 PM
Matt Cassel can't perform when we need him to step up. He is a decent guy but horrible QB.

Red Dawg
09-09-2012, 02:38 PM
Matt Cassel can't perform when we need him to step up. He is a decent guy but horrible QB.

Good post and dead on target. This is the bottom line with him. Pure and simple.

tredadda

That's what some don't get. He is not solely to blame for the loss today, but when we get behind he is not capable of leading us back, especially against playoff teams.

R8RFAN
Defense played like crap both halves, someone else not so much.

The DEFENSE gave up 40 not Matt, when you get down a team knows you have to throw, so they play the pass.... When they play the pass and they know what you are going to do it's very hard to succeed in the NFL.... this Matt bashing shit is stupid

RINGLEADER
RGIII is for real.

139.9 passer rating.

Damn.

DeezNutz
09-09-2012, 02:39 PM
RGIII is for real.

139.9 passer rating.

Damn.

Washington gave up too much in that trade.

Ming the Merciless

You are the mayor of Greasy DIngleberry, in the country of Anusland, on the planet Tard VII, orbiting a star called Major QUeerbait Centauri,in a galaxy called Spazz-Gasm...in an alternate universe known as SHUT THE FUCK UP

Chiefnj2
RGIII is for real.

139.9 passer rating.

Damn.

Can't give up multiple first and 2nds for that. No way. We need the impact of Powe and Baldwin.

Pasta Little Brioni
They played D like the Raiders today. I'm embarrased.

jd1020
09-09-2012, 02:40 PM
Can't give up multiple first and 2nds for that. No way. We need the impact of Powe and Baldwin.

We just needed a pick that the Rams actually wanted.

Sooner or later people will realize that RG3 wasn't going to happen. Look at what the Redskins gave up and they had a pick that allowed the Rams a chance at one of the 3 players they wanted.

Marcellus
Washington gave up too much in that trade.

I don't know who all said that but the fact is Washington gave up better picks than KC even had.

munkey
nlmMother ****er looked like Aaron Rodgers first half and yall bash his ass..... Play some Mother ****ing defense and protect Matt and he can perform.. This is the mother ****ing NFL Dawg

Megbert
I was 'impressed' with Matt for the first half. But he did regress. Sure the D couldn't stop anyone. Neither could Falcons D for most of the game. So the fact this was turning into a shoot out and Matt C couldn't keep it up tells me I may have been hasty in being impressed with him in the first half. A good QB is gonna be able to say OK it's this kind of game (shoot out) and then not shit the bed. Which he did.

First half he was hitting receivers in stride, making good decisions. Even the first drive of second half he looked good. But after Suckup missed that FG it's like just reverted to his old self. Oh were down 10 pts there's no way I can do anything except shit my pants and make poor decision after poor decision.

I think last year Cassel had games like this as well though his good drives weren't all in a row for a game they would be sprinkled in with 2-3 3 and outs then a good drive 1-2 2 and outs then good drive. He can't keep it together for a whole game. It's that simple.

BoneKrusher
That's what some don't get. He is not solely to blame for the loss today, but when we get behind he is not capable of leading us back, especially against playoff teams.

i knew when the Defense shut down the run and forced Cassel to move the offense, we are screwed.

chiefzilla1501
Mother ****er looked like Aaron Rodgers first half and yall bash his ass..... Play some Mother ****ing defense and protect Matt and he can perform.. This is the mother ****ing NFL Dawg

Aaron Rodgers?

He looked like a QB who was hitting wide open receivers standing in a crisp pocket. Aaron Rodgers is great because he knows how to hit unopen receivers regardless of his pocket.

I'm not selling short that Cassel played terrific in the first half. But let's not make it more than it is. It gives some hope. But it didn't answer nearly enough questions.

Black Bob
09-09-2012, 02:41 PM
I thought Cassel looked good today. I really liked what I saw. The problem is when we get behind by two scores he just seems to struggle.

cdcox
:doh!:

Free shot from the blindside. Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Ben Roethlisberger, and Peyton Manning don't feel that pressure.

It wasn't a free shot hard hit. Albert took him wide. it was the kind of sack where Abraham got his left hand on Cassel's left side and used his body momentum to turnstile around to get the strip with his right hand.

R8RFAN
They played D like the Raiders today. I'm embarrased.

get your avatar space cleaned out for me sweet cheeks

tredadda
The DEFENSE gave up 40 not Matt, when you get down a team knows you have to throw, so they play the pass.... When they play the pass and they know what you are going to do it's very hard to succeed in the NFL.... this Matt bashing shit is stupid

The difference between the first and second halves is our offense's ability to answer ATl's. Who leads our offense? Damn, this dude has more weapons than ever before and his best O-Line and yet one fact remains......he can't lead this team from behind especially against a playoff team.

jd1020
09-09-2012, 02:42 PM
It wasn't a free shot hard hit. Albert took him wide. it was the kind of sack where Abraham got his left hand on Cassel's left side and used his body momentum to turnstile around to get the strip with his right hand.

It was clearly a lazy hit. Which explains why the ball just simply dropped right out of his hands.

redshirt32
09-09-2012, 02:43 PM
Back up qb weve been screwed by pioli from year one this is a cheap owner i feel for all season ticket owners 50 Years enjoy your free jersey all you need now is some ky jelly to ease the pain

R8RFAN
09-09-2012, 02:43 PM
The difference between the first and second halves is our offense's ability to answer ATl's. Who leads our offense? Damn, this dude has more weapons than ever before and his best O-Line and yet one fact remains......he can't lead this team from behind especially against a playoff team.

They quit running the ball

R8RFAN
09-09-2012, 02:44 PM
I don't know who #94 is on your defense but he was a lazy POS all day I was watching him alot

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-09-2012, 02:45 PM
Why would teams want to waste all that money drafting first round QB's like RGIII?

Insanity.

BoneKrusher
I don't know who #94 is on your defense but he was a lazy POS all day I was watching him alot

TJ

milkman

2nd half rating was 15.1

I think this is on the O-Line to some extent.

In the bfirst half, they gave Cassel a clean pocket to work in all throughout the half.

In the second half, the lack of experience as a unit showed when the Falcons started using more blitzes, including run blitzes, and stunts, and they weren't able to adjust.

That should get worked out as the saeson progresses.

However, the fact that Cassel needed an absolutely clean pocket to succeed is also an indictment of Cassel.

You can not win if your QB can't make plays under pressure.

Atlanta made Defensive adjustments that Matty couldn't adjust too.

Again, that fumble is partly on Cassel because of his lack of awareness and his poor mechanics, as pointed out by CD.

O.city
Actually was impressed with him myself, in the first half of course. He made throws I actually didn't think the guy could make.

Second half, after the field goal miss, everything deflated and the fumble really killed it.

tredadda
They quit running the ball

Let's not forget that two of those ATL scores came when they were handed the ball by our offense in scoring position.

HoneyBadger

Bullshit. Tom Brady got his team to the SB with the worst defense in the league. It's not what he did to lose the game, it's what he didn't do to win the game.

milkman
09-09-2012, 02:47 PM
Back up qb weve been screwed by pioli from year one this is a cheap owner i feel for all season ticket owners 50 Years enjoy your free jersey all you need now is some ky jelly to ease the pain

I bet this post would make a ton of sense and a solid point, if only I could read stupid.

R8RFAN
Bullshit. Tom Brady got his team to the SB with the worst defense in the league. It's not what he did to lose the game, it's what he didn't do to win the game.

He ain't Tom Brady but he can win

Pasta Little Brioni
Let's not forget that two of those ATL scores came when they were handed the ball by our offense in scoring position.

True, but they also went 70 yards plus like 4 times for scores. It may not have mattered today...couldn't stop them.

R8RFAN
What was the Time of Poss for this game

HoneyBadger
09-09-2012, 02:48 PM
He ain't Tom Brady but he can win

He hasn't shown he can win. Even with the weapons around him. That's a textbook bad QB.

tredadda
09-09-2012, 02:49 PM
True, but they also went 70 yards plus like 4 times for scores. It may not have mattered today...couldn't stop them.

Agreed, but two easy scores combined with a QB who is unable to bring his team back is a recipe for a blowout.

milkman
09-09-2012, 02:50 PM
I don't believe that there is any argument that the defense is responsible for this loss.

I also don't believe that anyone can argue that the Falcons made halftime adjustments, while the Chiefs apparently watched Wiley Coyote cartoons.

R8RFAN
You had the ball more and you had more first downs

DBOSHO
I was very happy with cassel. He made some throws i thought he would never try.

He is what it is. Cassel is at his best when the games are close and our running game is working.

Im happy with what i saw from the chiefs. We lost to a top 10 passing offense by not defending the pass, while missing 3 of our best pass defenders.

R8RFAN
I don't believe that there is any argument that the defense is responsible for this loss.

I also don't believe that anyone can argue that the Falcons made halftime adjustments, while the Chiefs apparently watched Wiley Coyote cartoons.

I put this on coaching....

milkman
09-09-2012, 02:52 PM
I put this on coaching....

I am not arguing that Cassel lost this game.

I am arguing that Cassel can not keep the Chiefs in games like this to give them a chance to win.

tredadda
I was very happy with cassel. He made some throws i thought he would never try.

He is what it is. Cassel is at his best when the games are close and our running game is working.

Im happy with what i saw from the chiefs. We lost to a top 10 passing offense by not defending the pass, while missing 3 of our best pass defenders.

Cassel was impressive in the first half, no doubt. The second half though he reverted to his old self.

BigMeatballDave
Everyone please ignore R8ers. He's trolling.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-09-2012, 02:53 PM
Eh, we'll get our chance if the Faid shit the bed. Another depressing opening weekend, so I'll refrain from any revenge trolling.

BigMeatballDave

I am arguing that Cassel can not keep the Chiefs in games like this to give them a chance to win.

It is this simple.

Not sure why no one understands this.

tecumseh
This team is 8-8 when the defensive starters return.

petegz28
Agreed, but two easy scores combined with a QB who is unable to bring his team back is a recipe for a blowout.

How was he unable to bring them back? WTF did he do? I mean seriously did you people watch the fucking game? If we didn't score first we weren't going to win, pure and simple.

tredadda
09-09-2012, 02:54 PM
It is this simple.

He never has. We are in year 4 and he still can't do it in spite of the fact that every year he gets a better o-line and more and more weapons.

petegz28
09-09-2012, 02:54 PM

That's a stupid argument this game. He didn't miss the tying FG. He didn't make Moeaki tip a pass for an INT. He didn't miss a block on his blind side. The worst thing he did was throw an INT when the game was already out of reach.

milkman
09-09-2012, 02:55 PM
Everyone please ignore R8ers. He's trolling.

I personally think he's making some valid points.

tredadda
How was he unable to bring them back? WTF did he do? I mean seriously did you people watch the ****ing game? If we didn't score first we weren't going to win, pure and simple.

There is a difference in losing a shootout and losing a blowout. We lost a blowout.

petegz28
He never has. We are in year 4 and he still can't do it in spite of the fact that every year he gets a better o-line and more and more weapons.

How was he going to bring them back today? What did you see in this game that gave you any notion that our defense was ever going to force Atlanta to punt?

Ming the Merciless
It is this simple.

There is no one that can keep us in 'games like this' with dropped and tipped balls and zero defense you god damned idiot...not to mention special teams disaaster

R8RFAN

He is not a 40 burger QB, I give you that but who is gonna win in the NFL having to put up 40 per game?

petegz28
There is a difference in losing a shootout and losing a blowout. We lost a blowout.

And why was it Cassel's fault it was a blow out?

R8RFAN
09-09-2012, 02:56 PM
There is no one that can keep us in 'games like this' with dropped and tipped balls and zero defense you god damned idiot...

Dave is mentally returded

TEX
09-09-2012, 02:57 PM
This team is 8-8 when the defensive starters return.

Yep. And Romeo is not a good HC. I expected MUCH more from Pioli year 4.

R8RFAN
09-09-2012, 02:57 PM
Seriously, I don't give a fuck, I am a Raider fan, I am just calling it the way I see it..

O.city
09-09-2012, 02:58 PM
IF we are as good on offense as we were in the first half, with the starters returning on D, this team could win 10 games.

cdcox

It was clearly a lazy hit. Which explains why the ball just simply dropped right out of his hands.

On a per hit basis, Colt McCoy and Tim Tebow fumbled 3x as often as Aaron Rogers. You still want to tell me that mechanics don't matter and every QB is equally likely to fumble on a given play?

jd1020
I'm not sure what QB in the league would have pulled out a win for the Chiefs in this game.

We scored on EVERY possession in the first half. We should have tied the game on the first possession in the 2nd half. Missed FG. Blindside sack fumble. Dropped pass interception. Just like that its 37-17 and your D can't stop a nose bleed. What QB wins?

milkman
That's a stupid argument this game. He didn't miss the tying FG. He didn't make Moeaki tip a pass for an INT. He didn't miss a block on his blind side. The worst thing he did was throw an INT when the game was already out of reach.

Once again, I don't blame him for the Moeaki tipped pass.

I don't blame him for the Succop miss.

I do, however, lay some of the blame for that fumble on him, because he lacks awareness, and he left the ball exposed.

You can blame Albert all you want, and he clearly whiffed, though it can be argued that an offsides was missed.

But the bottom line is that his what he lacks, awareness and proper mechanics, contributed as much to that fumble.

We don't lose that fumble, and drive for a score, and that is still a game.

Black Bob
Yep. And Romeo is not a good HC. I expected MUCH more from Pioli year 4.

He's 2-2 man. Chill out dude.

petegz28
09-09-2012, 02:59 PM
IF we are as good on offense as we were in the first half, with the starters returning on D, this team could win 10 games.

If we stop Atlanta once in the 1st half we have a great shot at winning this game.

Ming the Merciless
09-09-2012, 02:59 PM
Of all of the myriad of problems today.....dumb fucks just want to point to cassel because, plain and simply put, they do not understand football enough to see that he isnt even on the top 5 of things that were the worst today.

Black Bob
09-09-2012, 03:00 PM

I do, however, lay some of the blame for that fumble on him, because he lacks awareness, and he left the ball exposed.

You can blame Albert all you want, and he clearly whiffed, though it can be argued that an offsides was missed.

But the bottom line is that his what he lacks, awareness and proper mechanics, contributed as much to that fumble.

That was definately the most important drive in the game. That sack was 75% Albert and 25% Cassel imo.

milkman
09-09-2012, 03:01 PM
He is not a 40 burger QB, I give you that but who is gonna win in the NFL having to put up 40 per game?

I am not saying he's going to win a lot of games having to put up 40 points.

I am saying he's going to lose a lot of games if he can't keep this team in those games.

mr. tegu
I can't believe anyone puts this loss on anyone other than the defense. Every single time Cassel touched the ball we were behind. But I guess that's his fault. Or how about the ineptness of the running game in the second half. Daboll continuously was running the ball right up the middle despite the fact that it wasn't working.

If we score 24 points at home, that should be enough to win. End of story. If the defense ever got us the ball back with a tie or lead Cassel is much less likely to throw ill advised passes. Even if Cassel scores every play we probably still lose.

Chiefnj2

Did Cassel keep them in the game in the first half? Did he respond by putting up points? Seems like he kept them in the game longer than the defense, special teams and Moeaki did.

R8RFAN
Once Atlanta forced the Chiefs into the passing game it was all over... I think the Chiefs should have stuck with the run and play action and this game would have been much closer

tredadda
How was he going to bring them back today? What did you see in this game that gave you any notion that our defense was ever going to force Atlanta to punt?

Again, when has he ever led us to victory or for that matter kept it close when we fall behind by 2 TDs or more? He leads us to victory only when every situation is perfect (defense, receivers, oline, running game, coaching STs)

petegz28

Dude he was plowed from the blind side!!! God damn man. And even if we score there while it may have been closer our defense was shitting all over itself all game. If Moeki catches the ball or the flag is thrown and we drive down and score it's still a game.

How many times in the 2nd half when we were running backwards was Cassel still moving the chains? I mean fuck man, I am not saying he is Brady but JFC, Brady wasn't going to win today either with the performance of this defense.

Black Bob
If we stop Atlanta once in the 1st half we have a great shot at winning this game.

Yep. Imagine if we had recovered the Harry Douglas fumble that went out of bounds on our ten yard line in the first quarter....

petegz28
09-09-2012, 03:02 PM
Again, when has he ever led us to victory or for that matter kept it close when we fall behind by 2 TDs or more? He leads us to victory only when every situation is perfect (defense, receivers, oline, running game, coaching STs)

How are you supposed to come from behind when your defense never keeps the other team from scoring?

Ming the Merciless
09-09-2012, 03:02 PM
That was definately the most important drive in the game. That sack was 75% Albert and 25% Cassel imo.

That was on albert.....

come on man

O.city
09-09-2012, 03:03 PM
Cassel put the Chiefs in a position to tie the game, midway thru the third quarter, in a game where the defense didn't get a stop in the first half.

R8RFAN

I am saying he's going to lose a lot of games if he can't keep this team in those games.

Not when everybody knows the Chiefs have switched to desperation mode and gave up on the running game too soon... JC was averaging 5.4 per carry

chiefzilla1501
I'm not sure what QB in the league would have pulled out a win for the Chiefs in this game.

We scored on EVERY possession in the first half. We should have tied the game on the first possession in the 2nd half. Missed FG. Blindside sack fumble. Dropped pass interception. Just like that its 37-17 and your D can't stop a nose bleed. What QB wins?

But again, just as fair to ask. With the immaculate pass protection, wide open receivers on a primary read and checkdown, what other qbs could have had a similarly impressive performance.

While cassel had a strong first half, he also didn't answer a lot of questions. So I'm good with his performance today. But remain extremely skeptical.

Agent V
I heard the Falcons' quarterback played football in college or something.

jd1020
I can't take anyone seriously who tries to put ANY blame on that sack and fumble on Cassel.

cdcox
09-09-2012, 03:04 PM
Once Atlanta forced the Chiefs into the passing game it was all over... I think the Chiefs should have stuck with the run and play action and this game would have been much closer

Dude, we ran on first down well into the 4th quarter. We didn't give up on the run. Are you suggesting we should have been running in 3rd and 10 situations down by 10?

BigMeatballDave

Well, I saw Ryan continue to put up point when the Chiefs O was playing in their own shit in the 2nd half.

Cassel is the QB. He's the leader of said offense. It's on him, mostly.

He doesn't completely suck, he's just not good enough.

tredadda

In essence our defense has to play lights out every game. If they have an off game it is almost a certainty we will lose.

Black Bob

It's definately his flaw but, you know what? It's Aaron Rodgers flaw too. He sucks when he goes into the 4th quarter losing. He almost NEVER wins. The difference is that he can really sling the ball and get ahead early in the game. We have to get way ahead to be successful. The Pack never played from behind in the 4th quarter the year they won the Superbowl. Rodgers is the anti-Eli.

cdcox
09-09-2012, 03:05 PM
I can't take anyone seriously who tries to put ANY blame on that sack and fumble on Cassel.

Then you would expect all QBs to fumble at the same rate when they are hit. And your expectations would be wrong.

And there is a difference between putting blame on him and saying there are players that would handle the situation better. I want one of those players.

tredadda
How are you supposed to come from behind when your defense never keeps the other team from scoring?

When has he EVER done it in 4 years here?

milkman
Did Cassel keep them in the game in the first half? Did he respond by putting up points? Seems like he kept them in the game longer than the defense, special teams and Moeaki did.

In the first half, Cassel had an absolutely clean pocket.

In the second half, not so much.

I am simply pointing out that his lack of awareness, along with his poor mechanics contributed to the team's failures in the second half.

jd1020
Well, I saw Ryan continue to put up point when the Chiefs O was playing in their own shit in the 2nd half.

So if Ryan was our QB we could have come back from that 37-17 deficit?

Bullshit.

petegz28
09-09-2012, 03:06 PM

Yeah, he needs to rush the passer better.

JFC you're an idiot

R8RFAN
Dude, we ran on first down well into the 4th quarter. We didn't give up on the run. Are you suggesting we should have been running in 3rd and 10 situations down by 10?

Hell Ya if they were playing the pass.... The key to winning in the NFL is passing when they thing you are going to run and running when they are looking pass.

jd1020
Then you would expect all QBs to fumble at the same rate when they are hit. And your expectations would be wrong.

I've seen every QB fumble on blindside hits like that. Even your precious Rodgers. Didn't Rodgers do it against the Chiefs just last year?!?!?

Ming the Merciless

He wasnt just hit you goofball...the ball was chopped out of his hands on a blind side mistake by the guard...

Its not like he just coughed the ball up on some collision

God damn youre a ****ing retard

Black Bob
In the first half, Cassel had an absolutely clean pocket.

In the second half, not so much.

I am simply pointing out that his lack of awareness, along with his poor mechanics contributed to the team's failures in the second half.

Nolan kicked Daboll's ass with his halftime adjustments imo.

suds79
But again, just as fair to ask. With the immaculate pass protection, wide open receivers on a primary read and checkdown, what other qbs could have had a similarly impressive performance.

While cassel had a strong first half, he also didn't answer a lot of questions. So I'm good with his performance today. But remain extremely skeptical.

While this game was on the D, Matt seemed like the same ole up and down QB to me. Look like a top 15 Qb in the first half, 25-30 in the second. We've seen this before.

Sweet Daddy Hate
Welp, gotta' go.

And let me part with this:

I was not impressed with Cassel.

M'kay? Thx! Bye!

R8RFAN
09-09-2012, 03:07 PM
ANy QB in the NFL would have lost that fumble

Pasta Little Brioni
I swear I saw Ryan make and even devour a sandwich in the pocket on several occasions.

Iowanian
I'm laughing in the "yeah, my bad girlfriend is still a whore" kind of way.

Matt Cassel sucks and the Chiefs will never contend with him behind center.

I'm not sure a Texas High School would would be a state championship contender with him under center.

I'm not being dramatic, he's just that average.