PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Who's the best coach out of Herm, Haley and RAC?

Deberg_1990
09-09-2012, 04:57 PM
Somebody tell me, because I don't see much difference between the three.

The team looks the same to me performance wise.

Bowser
09-09-2012, 04:58 PM
Oatmeal

notorious
09-09-2012, 04:59 PM
AIDS, Herpes, or Flesh eating bacteria?

ChiefsCountry
Well Herm actually has playoff wins.

Reerun_KC
Herman and crennel are and have been very similar. Haley was stupid. All 3 suck the nut sack.

Reerun_KC
09-09-2012, 05:00 PM

With al grohls players

ChiefsCountry
09-09-2012, 05:02 PM
With al grohls players

After 4 years in New York I'm sure they were still a roster full of Al Groh's players.

ClevelandBronco
09-09-2012, 05:02 PM
"Best" isn't the word you were searching for.

Ace Gunner
09-09-2012, 05:08 PM
Herm had beginner's luck.

Black Bob
09-09-2012, 05:12 PM
Not Haley

Scorp
09-09-2012, 05:13 PM
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg146/scaled.php?server=146&filename=haleyfisting.jpg&res=landing

T-post Tom
09-09-2012, 05:14 PM
All pale in comparison to the collective coaching genius here at CP. Amirite?

Fishpicker
09-09-2012, 05:15 PM
I dont know who the best is. Haley was the most entertaining. at least he was willing to tear some ass when players didn't perform.

milkman
09-09-2012, 05:17 PM
None of them are, or have been good head coaches.

Todd Haley, however, with growth, still has a chance to be good if given another opportunity.

Mr. Laz
09-09-2012, 05:24 PM
so far they all look like ass

Herm was a dumb ass
Haley was a crazy ass
Crennel is a wuss ass

The Iron Chief
09-09-2012, 05:25 PM
Couldn't you have included Gunther then I would've said... their Sun glasses?

Rasputin
09-09-2012, 05:26 PM

Todd Haley, however, with growth, still has a chance to be good if given another opportunity.

Todd Haley needs to grow up for this to happen. He doesn't get the respect from the team with just yelling fuck at the players. Just think he needs to cool down and stay collective giving the team a since of controll and that he is in controll of whats going on.

Doesn't do me a lick of good to yell at my kids. They respect me when I'm collective and calm, they know when I'm upset with out making an ass of myself and I get a better attitude in response.

milkman
09-09-2012, 05:27 PM
Todd Haley needs to grow up for this to happen. He doesn't get the respect from the team with just yelling **** at the players. Just think he needs to cool down and stay collective giving the team a since of controll and that he is in controll of whats going on.

Doesn't do me a lick of good to yell at my kids. They respect me when I'm collective and calm, they know when I'm upset with out making an ass of myself and I get a better attitude in response.

Maybe it's just me, but I belive that I said "With growth".

Yep, just looked down, and there it is.

Rasputin
09-09-2012, 05:31 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I belive that I said "With growth".

Yep, just looked down, and there it is.

Ya Milkman I saw that & was agreeing with it. I went on about it lol. My bad to make it sound other wise.

BoneKrusher
09-09-2012, 05:34 PM
Herman and crennel are and have been very similar. Haley was stupid. All 3 suck the nut sack.

i agree.
but i'd take Herm outta these three, and i hated having Herm as HC.

Black Bob
09-09-2012, 05:35 PM

As a golf coach....

Romeo is 2-2. It's way to early judge Crennel just yet.

dj56dt58
09-09-2012, 05:36 PM
Todd Haley needs to grow up for this to happen. He doesn't get the respect from the team with just yelling **** at the players. Just think he needs to cool down and stay collective giving the team a since of controll and that he is in controll of whats going on.

this defense most certainly needed to be yelled at today

chiefzilla1501
09-09-2012, 05:38 PM

This is football. Yellers are really popular when you win. Unpopular when you lose.

I already pointed out that Tom coughlin is one of the biggest dickhead coaches in the game. He punished players for showing up EARLY to practice. A few years into being coach for the giants, they almost revolted. Tiki barber led the charge. He was a game or two away from being fired. And then, they started winning. And they've kept winning.

BoneKrusher
09-09-2012, 05:38 PM
As a golf coach....

Romeo is 2-2. It's way to early judge Crennel just yet.

he's softer than a tissue.

Rasputin
09-09-2012, 05:40 PM
this defense most certainly needed to be yelled at today

I don't get how we missed open field tackles like that? Yea they need something up there butt no excuses. In high school we practiced open field tackle drills every day. It's fundamentals & mental breakdowns. Eric Berry and DJ both had wiffs.

Deberg_1990
09-09-2012, 05:53 PM
So what I'm hearing is that Pioli has most likely failed now two out of two in head coaches?

:facepalm: No hope for his franchise.........

Start Croyle
09-09-2012, 06:04 PM
Herm has playoff wins and went to the playoffs with the chiefs

mcaj22
09-09-2012, 06:07 PM
herms talent evaluation are still far and away the best chiefs players on this roster

until pioli doesnt pay them and lets half of them walk in free agency

Deberg_1990
09-09-2012, 06:07 PM
Herm has playoff wins and went to the playoffs with the chiefs

Yep. Sadly, Herm is the best coach out of all three. How sad is that?

JoeyChuckles
09-09-2012, 06:20 PM
Tony Pena.

notorious
09-09-2012, 06:21 PM

Dear God.

Bowser
09-09-2012, 06:28 PM

http://themavesite.com/TMS-Pictures/Epic/Memes/CerealGuySpit.png

chiefzilla1501
09-09-2012, 06:35 PM

I think the hate for Haley is misguided.

Let's be real here. Our biggest beef with Haley is based on one half of a season. And one half of a season where he lost his QB, pro bowl RB, starting TE, and starting Safety on an already shallow roster.

I agree with milkman that he wasn't given nearly enough time to prove what he was capable of. You can't help but wonder how Haley would have fared with the additions of Winston, Hillis/Charles, and Moeaki. Hell, even with Kyle Orton. We just don't know. Because even with Tyler Palko and Battle and O'Connell, the worst of the worst, he still managed to field a very respectable team.

GloryDayz
09-09-2012, 06:42 PM
So, the question is...which turd floats higher in the pool????

I'll go with Herm for no good reason.

Psyko Tek
09-09-2012, 06:44 PM

not in KC he doesn't

HonestChieffan
09-09-2012, 06:46 PM
So, the question is...which turd floats higher in the pool????

I'll go with Herm for no good reason.

Herm was taller. Go with that.

boogblaster
09-09-2012, 06:48 PM
is this another poop thread .....

09-09-2012, 06:51 PM
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg146/scaled.php?server=146&filename=haleyfisting.jpg&res=landing

LMAO
The look on the refs face is hilarious.

Molitoth
09-09-2012, 07:15 PM
Haley was given cassel and palko...

watch what he does with big Ben.

Mr_Tomahawk
09-09-2012, 07:17 PM
Haley by a long shot.

FloridaMan88
09-09-2012, 07:46 PM
This franchise hasn't been the same since Dick Vermeil retired.

milkman
09-09-2012, 07:49 PM
This franchise hasn't been the same since Dick Vermeil retired.

Holy fuck.

What a fucking dumbass.

What the fuck did Vermeil ever win with the Chiefs?

Good lord, you are a fucking moron.

Longing for the days of mediocrity.

milkman
09-09-2012, 07:50 PM
And the way that Vermeil approched building his roster is a big reason these Chiefs are in the mess they are in now.

JFC.

Bugeater
09-09-2012, 08:07 PM
And the way that Vermeil approched building his roster is a big reason these Chiefs are in the mess they are in now.

JFC.
It's been 7 years, shouldn't that be more than enough time to recover?

Bugeater
09-09-2012, 08:09 PM
And I thought Huge Anus was going to be spending the afternoon taking the homers to school. Wonder what happened with that.

Psyko Tek
09-09-2012, 08:23 PM
I liked haley,
specially in crazy todd mode

milkman
09-09-2012, 08:25 PM
It's been 7 years, shouldn't that be more than enough time to recover?

This roster was gutted two years after Herman fucking Edwards took over.

It has been built primarily through the draft since that time, and while some of the pieces in place are talented players, we still lack depth.

Building almost entirely through the draft is a long process.

We are further behind, though, because we still have no QB.

HemiEd
09-09-2012, 08:28 PM

Haley had player discipline. We know Herm didn't and that was my concern with RC when they promoted another player favorite. Today's team looked undisciplined to me, but it was just the first game.

tredadda
09-09-2012, 08:32 PM
Haley had player discipline. We know Herm didn't and that was my concern with RC when they promoted another player favorite. Today's team looked undisciplined to me, but it was just the first game.

This team looked just as awful the first and second game of last year as well. I will not say they are undisciplined quite yet.

Bugeater
09-09-2012, 08:38 PM
This roster was gutted two years after Herman fucking Edwards took over.

It has been built primarily through the draft since that time, and while some of the pieces in place are talented players, we still lack depth.

Building almost entirely through the draft is a long process.

We are further behind, though, because we still have no QB.
Hmmm...with the short career spans for NFL players I don't see how it's possible to build entirely through the draft. I'm not sure how that strategy will ever work.

And yeah, 7 drafts and no QB is a problem.

the Talking Can
09-09-2012, 08:41 PM
they all suck fat assholes

milkman
09-09-2012, 08:49 PM
Hmmm...with the short career spans for NFL players I don't see how it's possible to build entirely through the draft. I'm not sure how that strategy will ever work.

And yeah, 7 drafts and no QB is a problem.

The short career spans of NFL players is based on every player that is drafted and plays in the league.

Thousands of players last 1 or 2 seasons.

Good players' careers last 10 years or more.

You build a core through the draft.

But that core has to include a QB.

HemiEd
09-09-2012, 09:18 PM
This team looked just as awful the first and second game of last year as well. I will not say they are undisciplined quite yet.

I attributed looking like shit last year to the way Haley approached preparing them after the lockout.

Jawshco
09-10-2012, 12:52 AM
After seeing Todd Haley's play calling with the Steelers, I think he might be better off sticking to golf. Herm was awful with our team- despite backing into the playoffs one year.

Since Vermeil isn't an option here, but I'll just stay positive and say RAC until he gives us an entirely dismal season.

Imon Yourside
09-10-2012, 01:09 AM
Me.

ClevelandBronco
09-10-2012, 01:43 AM
I'm pretty sure that Marty isn't too busy to take a phone call.

Black Bob
09-10-2012, 06:25 AM

Last year's Chiefs team under Haley was the most undisciplined football team I have ever seen in kansas City.

Deberg_1990
09-10-2012, 06:27 AM
Last year's Chiefs team under Haley was the most undisciplined football team I have ever seen in kansas City.

worse than Herms 6 wins his last 2 years? Or Frank Ganz 8 wins in 2 years? Or the Chiefs quitting on Gunther at the end of the season?

King_Chief_Fan
09-10-2012, 06:27 AM
Somebody tell me, because I don't see much difference between the three.

The team looks the same to me performance wise.

no difference noted. Not planning for the 2nd half amazes me.
Crennel's tenure should not last longer than Haley's. In fact, it should not last past this season.

the Talking Can
09-10-2012, 06:32 AM
Crennel was hired for one reason: Pioli has no idea how to evaluate a HC (or a QB), and he's lazy...Crennel was a known quality and a foot shuffling porter just like Gunther

the 49ers hired Harbaugh....

you get it right, or you fail...there is no in-between

acesn8s
09-10-2012, 06:33 AM
Weis

Black Bob
09-10-2012, 06:37 AM
worse than Herms 6 wins his last 2 years? Or Frank Ganz 8 wins in 2 years? Or the Chiefs quitting on Gunther at the end of the season?

Yes, it was Haley's idea to make them soft. He ran the softest training camp in history. The problems that he suffered from were the problems that he made.

chiefzilla1501
09-10-2012, 06:39 AM

For 2 games. Agree that the late play calling was a complete disaster. But we also strung together a few wins with a talentless team. And then Palko came in and we still ended up competing. I don't know why people are trying to make the Haley era worse than what it was. If the Chiefs came together like they did for Tyler Palko, and you throw in Berry, Moeaki, Charles, Hillis, and a legit QB, Haley's team would have been incredible.

Black Bob
09-10-2012, 06:44 AM
For 2 games. Agree that the late play calling was a complete disaster. But we also strung together a few wins with a talentless team. And then Palko came in and we still ended up competing. I don't know why people are trying to make the Haley era worse than what it was. If the Chiefs came together like they did for Tyler Palko, and you throw in Berry, Moeaki, Charles, Hillis, and a legit QB, Haley's team would have been incredible.

I am sorry dude but, that is pretty out there. Tyler Palko sucked and it was Haley's idea to make him the back up QB. We weren't competing until haley was fired and the offense changed. I hope Haley dies a horrible death. He ran this team into the ground in my opinion. There are few people I hate more than that piece of shit. He should be coaching golf and I hope he is out of the league after this season. I hate politics and he is just riding daddy's coat tails.

Lightrise
09-10-2012, 06:58 AM
Herm was able to see some real talent in the draft and he began the purge of guys having to go. I liked his passion but it just vanished on game day. I never understood why.

Haley was awesome. He was the perfect guy to get more from players under performing. He was a great coach in terms of being able to alter a culture that had lost belief in themselves. Frankly, Haley got a raw deal here in several ways, 1) his hiring came too late to put together a staff he wanted. 2) as a new HC he tried to believe in the hold over OC but he did have the guts to cut off what wasn't going to work. Yes it was costly, but I liked that call. 3) Haley's passion wasn't a problem team wise, but Pioli and Hunt were too committed to the 'KC way' which has been failing for a long time. We already did nice with Vermeil and the fans were ready for the Haley fire. 4) He got stuck with Cassel. I truly believe if Haley had stayed and got a shot with Orton that would have been interesting. 5) The injuries last year were crushing.

What I do fault Haley for is how he ran that last training camp. The first one on getting everyone in shape was on target. But the second one was too lax.

Some team needs to give Haley another shot. Tennessee should have.

Romeo - Just not sure but it doesn't do much for us longer term. It was right choice this year however. You cannot return to a passionate coach right after firing Haley. I would hire Gruden. He has been successful in two dysfunctional organization and he has fire. The guy is unlikely to repeat mistakes. The fact that he is assessing teams in broadcasting with a bit more objectivity is beneficial. He's a great communicator. On the field he will never be anything but passionate. This is where we need to pass the torch for the next 10 years.

Dave Lane
09-10-2012, 07:18 AM
I am sorry dude but, that is pretty out there. Tyler Palko sucked and it was Haley's idea to make him the back up QB. We weren't competing until haley was fired and the offense changed. I hope Haley dies a horrible death. He ran this team into the ground in my opinion. There are few people I hate more than that piece of shit. He should be coaching golf and I hope he is out of the league after this season. I hate politics and he is just riding daddy's coat tails.

This is why people think you are a complete idiot.

Black Bob
09-10-2012, 07:23 AM
This is why people think you are a complete idiot.

I could literally post 100 reasons why Haley was a bad coach but, I am done with that. I did it for years and I thought he was the wrong choice from day one. If you can't see it, I don't care. I'm done talking about it.

OzarksChiefsFan
09-10-2012, 07:33 AM
I guess I'm a complete idiot too because I think Haley sucked and rides his daddies coattails.

htismaqe
09-10-2012, 07:53 AM

ROFL

Ricky Stanzi sucks ass, according to most here.

Other than him, Palko was the only other QB on the fucking roster. Who was Haley supposed to put at the QB #2 spot?

Haley lost it and needed to be fired. But yesterday proves without a doubt that Haley wasn't the problem with this team.

Dennis Green says hello.

the Talking Can
09-10-2012, 07:55 AM
wasn't it awesome how the players RALLIED around Crennel now that mean old Haley is gone?

I was inspired by the scene of a team quitting after a missed FG...only Crennel could inspire that level of effort.