PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Q&A with Romeo Crennel – 9/10

Tribal Warfare
09-10-2012, 04:43 PM
Q&A with Romeo Crennel – 9/10 (http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/QA-with-Romeo-Crennel-%E2%80%93-910/c9e0010a-4a63-47e1-a200-a3cfd80416ab)

RAC
OPENING STATEMENT: “After looking at the film, nothing much has changed. We didn’t start off the season the way we would have liked to have started the season. We would have liked to get a victory here at home. As we played the first half, it looked like we might be able to get that done, but in the second half, we didn’t play good enough to win the game. Consequently, we ended up losing the game. Even though we don’t like losing, particularly losing at home we don’t like – you don’t like losing anytime really – but with that being said, there were some positive things that occurred during the game. What we have to do is build on the positive things, eliminate the negative things. We have a short amount of time to try to get that done because you play again on Sunday, and we have to travel to play on Sunday. That’s what we’re focusing on. I think there is some talent on this team, and when they play the way we want them to play, they are effective and they get some good things done. Offensively, I was pleased with the way the offense moved the ball the first half, although, I’m disappointed in what happened in the second half. Defensively, we couldn’t stop anybody on defense, and that’s a problem. When you’re not able to stop them on defense – there were some closer down plays where we were close on the plays, but we didn’t make them – it’s not good enough when you don’t make them. We had a couple special teams errors that hurt us during the course of the game. All of those things put together, you end up losing the game. We have to try to get that fixed, get it ironed out, and do it in a short amount of time. With the injuries in the game, there were no major injuries. Every game, there are bumps and bruises. Everybody was here working today, trying to get themselves loose, trying to work the soreness out and beginning to get ready for next week. With that, I guess the other thing that will be major is Tamba’s return. We have a day – they give us a day – to make this move with Tamba, so we’re not making the move today. We’ll make the move probably tomorrow, and we’ll bring Tamba back. That will give us an opportunity to look at the team and decide who we’re going to make the move with because when we bring Tamba back, we have to get rid of somebody. We’re going to do that tomorrow.”

BOB GRETZ (BOBGRETZ.COM): Was Tamba here today?

CRENNEL: “Yes.”

GRETZ: So you’re just talking about the active roster?

CRENNEL: “Yes.”

BOB FESCOE (610 SPORTS RADIO): Did Matt do everything you wanted him to do in the first half?

CRENNEL: “No. We had three turnovers in the second half. When you turn the ball over, it’s hard to win in this league when you turn the ball over, particularly when you don’t get anything in return either. Three turnovers, they hurt.”

FESCOE: Is there anything he could have done turnover wise?

CRENNEL: “There was one side he could have taken, and I think he could have thrown the ball away rather than try to make a play with it. But for the most part, Matt did a good job of looking at the fronts, making the calls that we had, getting us into plays. That showed up in the first half. In the second half, particularly when it became a two-score game, I think that we lost our focus a little bit. When I say ‘we’, I’m not saying Matt lost focus. We as a team lost our focus, and some individual breakdowns started to occur in the second half that didn’t occur in the first half on both sides of the ball. That’s one of the things that if you’re going to be successful in the NFL, you have to be strong-willed and be able to work through those situations when you’re behind. You have to work through them and play your technique and do your job and all of those things that were preached to them on a daily basis. That has to occur in the game. Players, they have their egos and they attempt to try to help their team, so sometimes in trying to help their team, they decide they want to try to make a play. In an attempt to make the play, sometimes it goes the wrong way and goes the other way. Some of that occurred during the course of the second half.”

FESCOE: What was really different between the two halves offensively?

CRENNEL: “Well, one was they played better defensively. They looked at what we were doing in the first half and made some adjustments. We were trying to continue that successful path that we had in the first half, and then we drive the ball 10 plays on the opening kickoff and come up with no points. I think that began to let some of the air out of the balloon. Then as soon as we come up with no points, they take it and put up points and then we’re behind two scores. The time on the clock was also moving, and I think we started to press a little bit and not do what we were doing in the first half.”

ADAM TEICHER (KC STAR): Does anyone that didn’t play this week have a chance next week?

CRENNEL: “The situation is the same as far as we have to wait to see what they can do as far as practice goes. They were all here today. I think (Anthony) Toribio is limited and will be very limited. (Allen) Bailey is limited. (Kendrick) Lewis, he’s limited. Those are the three guys who are the most limited. Everybody else should be able to practice, and we’ll see what they can do.”

DANNY CLINKSCALE (SPORTS RADIO 810): Do you think the defense is struggling with confidence after the last three games?

CRENNEL: “Two of them didn’t count. This one counted. That wasn’t a good sign, but as you look at the game, there were some good things that did occur during the game. In the fourth quarter, you make a third down stop in the fourth quarter. The score had gotten up there already. A lot of teams don’t have enough to pull it together to make that kind of play. There were some good plays that were made by the defense, even though we didn’t play well enough in the passing game, there were some good plays. The fact that we were able to stop them when they ran the ball, I think that was a positive. We were able to get some pressure on the quarterback, but the ball was coming out quick. You have to give those guys a pat on the back for getting the ball out quick. Houston was in the quarterback’s face along with the sack that he got. He had some push on the pocket, but they were able to make the plays. But like I said, we were close on some. But we didn’t make them. It’s encouraging when you see that you can be close on the play. What we need to do is, we need to do a little more so that we can make the play.”

ADAM TEICHER (KANSAS CITY STAR): There were a lot of similarities between this game and the opener last year against Buffalo. Is there a reason for the slow start defensively?

CRENNEL: “Other than the fact that we couldn’t stop the pass, no, I can’t say. I don’t even remember what the rushing yardage was last year.”

TEICHER: Not necessarily the yardage, but the results and the point?

CRENNEL: “Well, the fact that we were able to stop the run yesterday is encouraging for me. The points are the points and we lost and there’s no getting around that. Sometimes in this business when you lose, no matter what else you do it doesn’t make any difference. And we lost.”

TEICHER: You finished the year last year strong. I’m sure you were pleased. Most of the players are back, all the coaches are back. What changed from the end of last season until now?

CRENNEL: “Every year is a new year in the NFL because nothing, like you said the coaches are back, but the team doesn’t stay the same. You’ve got new people who’ve added to the team and they’re playing in the games so it takes awhile to develop that chemistry. You try as hard as you can in training camp to develop that, but until you start playing the games and the guys have pressure on them and have to make plays in pressure situations, that’s when that chemistry begins to mold together and the unit begins to become more of a unit.”

TEICHER: Is there anything you can do to speed that process up or do you just have to let it take its course?

CRENNEL: “Well, I think you have to let it take its course, which you do, and you go from there. Like last year, the first two games, defensively, weren’t very good at all. But you keep working with them, keep working with them, and then toward the end turned out to be halfway decent.”

TEICHER: Not saying his absence was reason that you won or lost the game, but how much does Tamba mean to this team?

CRENNEL: “We all know that Tamba brings a lot to the table as far as his ability to rush the passer. When you have that kind of pressure that you can apply to an opposing offense, that’s good for us and bad for them. They have to be concerned about it. We’ll get him back and hopefully he’ll be at a level that he can impact the opponent and then be able to help us win some games.”

TEICHER: When you were drawing up the defensive gameplan last week, how much did you feel handcuffed by the fact that he wasn’t there?

CRENNEL: “Well, you know that we were limited a little bit. But we also felt like the guys we had behind him would have to step up and do the best they could to try to help the team win, and that’s what you do every week. Because in the NFL, you don’t have all your players healthy for every game. So you’re going to miss some guys sometimes and then their backups have to step up to try to help you.”

DAVE SKRETTA (ASSOCIATED PRESS): How did Jacques Reeves, Abram Elam and Andy Studebaker grade out?

CRENNEL: “Well, Studebaker graded out pretty decent, he’s a good solid player for us. Elam is a good solid player and so they tried the best they could to help the team.”

BOB FESCOE (610 SPORTS RADIO): You didn’t mention Flowers with your injury notes?

CRENNEL: “Collectively, I said that those guys would have to go out there and see what they could do and Flowers fell into that collective group with Brown, Flowers, Derrick played so we don’t have to worry about him.”

BOB GRETZ (BOBGRETZ.COM): You talked about how things were going into the toilet, you’ve got to be strong-willed and stick to your plan. Does your team have enough mental toughness?

CRENNEL: “Well not in the second half. I think that the team has good ability and they have good mental ability and we will continue to work with it and develop it as we go along.”

FESCOE: It seems like they let the missed field goal affect them the rest of the game?

CRENNEL: “Well, that’s what happens. When you’re working hard to get something done and you come up with nothing to show for it, well that’s a little depressing sometimes. That’s when you have to have that strong will and strong sense of purpose to overcome the negative plays and then go ahead and let’s play the next play.”

FESOCE: Is it disappointing to you that they weren’t able to overcome that?

CRENNEL: “Well in my mind it wasn’t so much the missed field goal by itself, it was the combination of the missed field goal and the immediate touchdown to follow it which made it a two-score game. Sometimes when you have hope, hope can do a lot of good things for you. As long as it was a one-score game I think there was good hope on the team. Then once it became a two-score game, then some of that will weakened just a little bit. Now even though that will might have weakened a little bit, they didn’t not play the game – they didn’t quit playing or anything like that because the offense continued to move the ball, the defense was able to get that third-down stop in the fourth quarter and they were still hustling to the football and doing some positive things. But at that point, the score was such that it was going to be hard to overcome.”

GRETZ: If you need more mental toughness, how do you get it?

CRENNEL: “Well, you know how we used to do that back in the day, back in the olden times – as my kids tell me when I talk to them about olden times, they said ‘Dad, those were olden days’ – well in the olden days we’d have contact, padded practice for however long it took. But this is a different day and age so we have to work within the rules that are set forth. So you talk to them, you show them tape, try to get them to understand that every play is a play that must be played in the NFL and that the game is not over until it’s over and there are always chances and opportunities for you to make a play to give your team some momentum and then before you know it, you’re winning the game.”

DANNY CLINKSCALE (SPORTS RADIO 810 WHB): How would you assess the running game yesterday? There was one big play, but there were quite a few negative plays as well?

CRENNEL: “The Chiefs running game, right? Well I think we gained like 152 yards or something rushing the ball. So I thought it was pretty good. Now those negative plays, most of them came in the second half I believe, and came back-to-back as a matter of fact. But like on one of the negative plays, he runs it into the pile and then he tries to bounce it out and we lose five. Now some guys bounce it out and run for a touchdown, but we lost five so now we have to deal with that second and 15 play instead of a second and seven play, which it would have been if he had stayed in the pile. When guys try to make plays things like that happen.”

MIAdragon
09-10-2012, 04:45 PM
"we didn’t play good enough to win the game. Consequently, we ended up losing the game." ok Herm :facepalm:

The Franchise
09-10-2012, 04:47 PM
Studebaker is so solid.....that he's good at NOTHING. Fucking nothing.

OnTheWarpath15
09-10-2012, 04:49 PM
A lot of words to say nothing at all.

The Franchise
09-10-2012, 04:50 PM
Can we get a head coach that doesn't sound like a fucking moron?

stonedstooge
09-10-2012, 04:52 PM
Anyone got a 3rd grader at home to decipher Romeo's ramblings?

OnTheWarpath15
09-10-2012, 04:53 PM

It's a process.

BoneKrusher
09-10-2012, 05:02 PM
It's a process.

The Process is getting Old.

crazycoffey
09-10-2012, 05:03 PM

Word...

Buehler445
09-10-2012, 05:07 PM

I don't give a fuck what he sounds like. I want a coach that will win a fucking Super Bowl.

Hammock Parties
09-10-2012, 05:08 PM
Crennel will be less fondly remembered than Herm in about 15 games.

the Talking Can
09-10-2012, 05:09 PM
so, our team was depressed and couldn't be not depressed....that's great

but at least there is this to look forward to:

But you keep working with them, keep working with them, and then toward the end turned out to be halfway decent.”

we'll be halfway decent at the end of the year if we don't commit suicide from being depressed....

championship thoughts...

BoneKrusher
09-10-2012, 05:11 PM

probably less than 15 games.

Buehler445
09-10-2012, 05:13 PM

I don't think I can hate anyone as much as Squirmin Herman Motherfucking Sack of Cunt Edwards. For real.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-10-2012, 05:16 PM
I like Crennel, but dude does sound in over his head. Like "I don't know what the fuck I'm doing" in over his head.

Rausch
09-10-2012, 05:21 PM

In 15 games that comment will be looked at as Herm-level stupid...

Hammock Parties
09-10-2012, 05:22 PM
Herm had a winning season here.

Romeo won't.

Bump
09-10-2012, 05:23 PM
after reading that I am 100% positive that RAC cannot be a head coach. He's not good at that. He's great at defenses, he needs to accept that and move on. He certainly cannot handle both DC and HC, that's absurd and Pioli never should have allowed it.

Rasputin
09-10-2012, 05:24 PM
Openfield tackling, do they practice that at all?

Rausch
09-10-2012, 05:25 PM
Herm had a winning season here.

Romeo won't.

Haley had a winning season here. Big deal.

Herm is the kind of idiot that said he never watched the SB because he wasn't in it.

That's incredibly stupid for 100 different reasons.

Herm is a good teacher and a good scout of talent but he's a horrible coach...

Hammock Parties
09-10-2012, 05:26 PM
Who was still better than Romeo...should I bring up playoff wins?

Romeo is a dumpster fire.

Frankie
09-10-2012, 05:30 PM
BOB FESCOE (610 SPORTS RADIO): Did Matt do everything you wanted him to do in the first half?

FESOCE: Is it disappointing to you that they weren’t able to overcome that?

:banghead: Who the hell is this Fescoe?!

BossChief
09-10-2012, 05:32 PM
I bet if you could ask every player behind closed doors why they get deflated when they go down 2 scores and that their answer wouldn't be leaked, they would put it on Cassel.

Baby Lee
09-10-2012, 05:32 PM
Unless that PC was a purposely pointless bit of misdirection, while he's giving the players themselves valuable input behind the scene, it is truly a disconcerting bit of blather.

"We played well, except when we didn't, and we need to play more like we do when we play well and less like we do when we don't. And we'll playing again next Sunday because the league has scheduled a game for us. Same for the Sunday after that."

Strongside
09-10-2012, 05:33 PM
BOB FESCOE (610 SPORTS RADIO): Did you have to use the restroom or become uncomfortable at any point during the game?

CRENNEL: Well, there was one point during the 3rd quarter that I had a little bit of heartburn. Luckily, we were able to get some Tums and make an adjustment. I feel it was one of the better points of the game as far as coaching is concerned. Brian (DaBoll) was right on top of it and did a great job breaking them up for me the way I like.

Mr. Laz
09-10-2012, 05:36 PM
"Why is every team you coach soft as wet tissue paper?"

crennel "derp"

Black Bob
09-10-2012, 05:53 PM
I thought he was refreshingly honest. He said they shit the bed after the missed field goal. He didn't stick up for Reeves. He talked about how Cassel fucked up. It kind of sounded like he knew we were going to get our ass beat because of the injuries when he said,

"Sometimes in this business when you lose, no matter what else you do it doesn’t make any difference. And we lost.”

All I know is I am glad we aren't hearing "we are 0-1 in the first quarter of the season."

I'll take anyone over that.

Fishpicker
09-10-2012, 06:06 PM
Romeo is head coach for a reason. Next week is going to be great when this team is in high spirits. hope springs eternal.

Hammock Parties
09-10-2012, 06:17 PM
Romeo is head coach for a reason. Next week is going to be great when this team is in high spirits. hope springs eternal.

http://i.imgur.com/JSX8J.gif

Black Bob
09-10-2012, 06:19 PM

Yep, I agree. We had a ton of injuries and the falcons are good

petegz28
09-10-2012, 06:41 PM
I bet if you could ask every player behind closed doors why they get deflated when they go down 2 scores and that their answer wouldn't be leaked, they would put it on Cassel.

I doubt that seriously. I think if they were honest they would put a great deal of it on the defense. Cassel really did nothing to hurt this team yesterday. The 2nd INT which I say was his only bad play was so late it didn't matter.

DTLB58
09-10-2012, 06:52 PM

Pioli's Yes man. Or Bitch, whichever you prefer. Just so he don't rock his front office boat. And wouldn't challenge him on Cassel cause he just wanted another opportunity to be a HC. Sad, cause the fans pay for this B.S.

Hammock Parties
09-10-2012, 07:02 PM
Cassel really did nothing to hurt this team yesterday.

People who say this don't understand football.

Go look at the third and 3 before Succop shanked the FG and tell me Cassel is a good QB.

He fucked that play in the ass. Stared down McCluster, threw into double coverage, and was probably lucky that his own suck got in the way of an INT, because the ball was tipped at the line of scrimmage (because that's his calling card due to his low/slow release).

Maybe if he was competent, we take the lead there and the entire complexion of the second half changes.

Nope.

Cassel fucking sucks and people who can't realize it oughta shampoo my crotch.

RINGLEADER
09-10-2012, 07:06 PM

Honestly, I thought this was a joke thread...A lot of words to say nothing is an understatement.

mcaj22
09-10-2012, 07:19 PM
lol at that dude asking how Elam, Studebaker and Reeves grading out and Romeo only responding back about two of them.

That's how fucking BAD Reeves is. That it has to make Romeo sick. And Fat fucking Scott does fucking nothing that fat fuck

BigMeatballDave
09-10-2012, 07:24 PM
I doubt that seriously. I think if they were honest they would put a great deal of it on the defense. Cassel really did nothing to hurt this team yesterday. The 2nd INT which I say was his only bad play was so late it didn't matter.

What did he do in the 2nd half to help?

petegz28
09-10-2012, 07:37 PM
What did he do in the 2nd half to help?

He put us in position for the tie...

He got blindsided...

He converted a 3rd and long...

Moekai tipped a catchable ball for an INT

It was 37-17 after that

petegz28
09-10-2012, 07:42 PM

Go look at the third and 3 before Succop shanked the FG and tell me Cassel is a good QB.

He ****ed that play in the ass. Stared down McCluster, threw into double coverage, and was probably lucky that his own suck got in the way of an INT, because the ball was tipped at the line of scrimmage (because that's his calling card due to his low/slow release).

Maybe if he was competent, we take the lead there and the entire complexion of the second half changes.

Nope.

Cassel ****ing sucks and people who can't realize it oughta shampoo my crotch.

Which of course made Succop miss the FG

BossChief
09-10-2012, 09:30 PM
I gave Cassel loads of credit for his first half, but he shit the bed (as usual) in the second half.

Anyone saying otherwise is in denial.

It could have been much worse, two other passes could have been picked.

Hammock Parties
09-10-2012, 09:56 PM
Which of course made Succop miss the FG

No, not at all.

But it is what it is.

We've been settling for three points for 41 games now with this moron.

It's what he does.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-10-2012, 09:58 PM
lol at that dude asking how Elam, Studebaker and Reeves grading out and Romeo only responding back about two of them.

That's how fucking BAD Reeves is. That it has to make Romeo sick. And Fat fucking Scott does fucking nothing that fat fuck

Hah, that was the thing that stuck out to me. The guy really does suck sooo bad. For all the marginal players that get roasted around here, this turd needs to be flushed to the CFL.

Frankie
09-10-2012, 10:03 PM
I bet if you could ask every player behind closed doors why they get deflated when they go down 2 scores and that their answer wouldn't be leaked, they would put it on Cassel.I agree.

Romeo is head coach for a reason.....Yeah that reason is called "Cronyism."

Cassel really did nothing to hurt this team yesterday.2 INTs and a fumble beg to differ.

Setsuna
09-10-2012, 10:05 PM
:popcorn:

Hammock Parties
09-10-2012, 10:09 PM
I agree.

Yeah that reason is called "Cronyism."

2 INTs and a fumble beg to differ.

Frankie...can you please convince Pete for us. We know he listens to you.

BossChief
09-10-2012, 10:13 PM
in 2010, Cassel didnt have a good first game and started to play well around halftime of game 2.

I thought that first half against Atlanta was the best I had EVER seen him play and that includes his time in NE.

If he can put that kind of effort in consistently and eliminate the mistakes, we may have something pretty good at quarterback.

Trouble is...the moment Atlanta got any pressure on him whatsoever, he wilted.

Frankie
09-10-2012, 10:21 PM
If he can put that kind of effort in consistently and eliminate the mistakes, we may have something pretty good at quarterback.

DON'T YOU EVEN........!!!!!

Pioli might actually lurk here.

Rausch
09-10-2012, 10:22 PM

Trouble is...the moment Atlanta got any pressure on him whatsoever, he wilted.

No, the trouble is he's consistently inconsistent.

It's his MO.

IT'S WHAT HE FUCKING IS...

Frankie
09-10-2012, 10:32 PM
Frankie...can you please convince Pete for us. We know he listens to you.

Pete secretly loves me. :D

Rausch
09-10-2012, 11:52 PM
Pete secretly loves me. :D

Frankie, Frankie is he clean? Is he a clean man? Is he brown Frankie? Is he a little brown man? Invite him in for cocktails! Let him in! Ask him to take his shoes off!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0fl-FBrnkXI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Quesadilla Joe
09-11-2012, 03:08 AM

He ****ed that play in the ass. Stared down McCluster, threw into double coverage, and was probably lucky that his own suck got in the way of an INT, because the ball was tipped at the line of scrimmage (because that's his calling card due to his low/slow release).

Nope.

Cassel ****ing sucks and people who can't realize it oughta shampoo my crotch.

PFF says that Matt Ryan barely outplayed Matt Cassel and that Cassel was the 9th best QB this week. (Cassel will drop to 10 once Flacco's game is put up on PFF)

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-11-2012, 06:13 AM
You guys whine too much. This board has turned into a bunch of crybabys. There isn't a head coach or QB alive that would make you pussies quit bitching. We got beat by a damn good team. Get over it.

BoneKrusher
09-11-2012, 06:23 AM
No, the trouble is he's consistently inconsistent.

It's his MO.

IT'S WHAT HE ****ING IS...

this description sounds like a backup QB to me.

Black Bob
09-11-2012, 06:23 AM
You guys whine too much. This board has turned into a bunch of crybabys. There isn't a head coach or QB alive that would make you pussies quit bitching. We got beat by a damn good team. Get over it.

I was thinking this last night... What is next? What will be the main complaint three years from now?

Ace Gunner
09-11-2012, 06:32 AM
I was thinking this last night... What is next? What will be the main complaint three years from now?

"Why did they move to LA? They're losers there too and the stadium is empty."

BoneKrusher
09-11-2012, 06:33 AM

i knew the Falcons were good, i predicted the score would be 85 - 9 in the pregame predictions thread.

it's just this team has no fight in them.

too soft.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-11-2012, 06:43 AM
i knew the Falcons were good, i predicted the score would be 85 - 9 in the pregame predictions thread.

too soft.

One game does not make a trend dumbass !

mcaj22
09-11-2012, 06:59 AM
one game does not make a trend..

but the last four years have made the same ****ing trend every season.

Reerun_KC
09-11-2012, 07:02 AM
I wish I could find the post where I said Crennel was a babbling moron in his press conferences...

So many rode in on white horses to defend him.... As the DramaQueen Planet Turns.

Black Bob
09-11-2012, 07:13 AM
I wish I could find the post where I said Crennel was a babbling moron in his press conferences...

So many rode in on white horses to defend him.... As the DramaQueen Planet Turns.

I love the guy and believe in him. It's alot better than hearing "we're 0-1 in the first quarter of the season."

Romeo is real and speaks from the heart. He was pretty damn honest there.

"Sometimes in this business when you lose, no matter what else you do it doesn’t make any difference. And we lost.”

None of the other coaches would have had the balls to say this imo. It's the truth. Sometimes you can't match up. We couldn't match up.

Warpaint69
09-11-2012, 07:44 AM
Watching the Chiefs playoff ineptness over the course of the last 20 years together is powerful.

Reerun_KC
09-11-2012, 07:47 AM
I love the guy and believe in him. It's alot better than hearing "we're 0-1 in the first quarter of the season."

Romeo is real and speaks from the heart. He was pretty damn honest there.

None of the other coaches would have had the balls to say this imo. It's the truth. Sometimes you can't match up. We couldn't match up.

Yeah thats great. I am looking forward to the day he is fired...

BoneKrusher
09-11-2012, 07:53 AM
Yeah thats great. I am looking forward to the day he is fired...

yeah,
it's early but i don't like his style so far.
i get the feeling he's nothing more than Pioli's puppet.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-11-2012, 07:53 AM
Yeah thats great. I am looking forward to the day he gets his 6th SB ring...

Fixed it dumbass !

Reerun_KC
09-11-2012, 08:05 AM
Fixed it dumbass !

http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/tumblr_lvnv62xWLg1qmnwwpo1_r1_400.gif

Thats for changing my post with stupid bullshit...

Lightrise
09-11-2012, 08:46 AM

Yep. I didn't support making Romeo HC but ultimately this is what we had to do, for this season. It's one year and done. If we are going for the gold and drafting a QB it will not be a HC who believes in Brady Quinn. Good luck Romeo, but you needed to win the opener.

TLO
09-11-2012, 08:55 AM

That's why I stopped giving a shit about Q&A's, interviews, etc... They never actually say anything worthwhile.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-11-2012, 08:57 AM
What NFL coach says anything? It's the same bullshit and most of them use the same recycled garbage like "it's a process"

Black Bob
09-11-2012, 09:02 AM
yeah,
it's early but i don't like his style so far.
i get the feeling he's nothing more than Pioli's puppet.

I really didn't like the defensive gameplan for Atlanta. I really felt like we were ****ed with Jaques Reeves and he should have lived and died with the blitz. We hardly blitzed at all and sat in zone coverages all day. It's not like we were playing against Tebow. I don't get it?

TLO
09-11-2012, 09:04 AM
I really didn't like the defensive gameplan for Atlanta. I really felt like we were ****ed with Jaques Reeves and he should have lived and died with the blitz. We hardly blitzed at all and sat in zone coverages all day. It's not like we were playing against Tebow. I don't get it?

We got burned every time we blitzed. But then again we got burned when we didn't blitz too.

We need Flowers and Tamba back. And DJ to get healthy.

Imon Yourside
09-11-2012, 09:05 AM
Reporter "Why does your team suck and why do you manage to piss down your leg at the QB position when the heat is on?"

RC "Well you would have to ask MF'in Scott Pioli about that, I believe he's out in the parking lot picking up wrappers. Did i mention we are #2 in cap room?"

Black Bob
09-11-2012, 09:05 AM
We got burned every time we blitzed. But then again we got burned when we didn't blitz too.

We need Flowers and Tamba back. And DJ to get healthy.

Yeah definately... We really got burned every time we blitzed Berry. Why blitz Berry and leave Reeves alone? That didn't make sense.....

The Bad Guy
09-11-2012, 09:06 AM

Why do you act like there's not legit things to bitch about with this team in regards to the QB position.

If you want to stick your fingers in your ears and keep sucking on the teet of the Chiefs, go ahead BarryKoolaid.

This team's coaching hires, QB decisions and lack of depth and not winning a playoff game in 20 years will cause people to complain.

Sorry that you want to accept this garbage product.

Imon Yourside
09-11-2012, 09:08 AM
Why do you act like there's not legit things to bitch about with this team in regards to the QB position.

If you want to stick your fingers in your ears and keep sucking on the teet of the Chiefs, go ahead BarryKoolaid.

This team's coaching hires, QB decisions and lack of depth and not winning a playoff game in 20 years will cause people to complain.

But look at all that cap room we have available! /Clark Pioli

BoneKrusher
09-11-2012, 09:09 AM
Reporter "Why does your team suck and why do you manage to piss down your leg at the QB position when the heat is on?"

RC "Well you would have to ask MF'in Scott Pioli about that, I believe he's out in the parking lot picking up wrappers. Did i mention we are #2 in cap room?"

LMAOLMAO

Pasta Little Brioni
09-11-2012, 09:19 AM

Ryan completed 75 percent of his passes with 2 TD's against the blitz. We were fucked any which way.

Black Bob
09-11-2012, 09:20 AM

The QB thing is a given man. Everyone knows it. What can be done to make it better right now? Nothing in my opinion.

I think we are deeper than we have been in a long time and I like the job Pioli did this offseason. That doesn't mean I like the whole picture.

I like Crennel and there has only been one game this season. He's 2-2 as the Chiefs coach. I don't like what I saw on Sunday either but, give him a chance what choice do you have?

I don't accept this garbage product. If we don't win a playoff game this year, I am going to go ballistic. That is my expectation. Anything less is horseshit.

Black Bob
09-11-2012, 09:22 AM
Ryan completed 75 percent of his passes with 2 TD's against the blitz. We were ****ed any which way.

Pretty much and that's why I liked this quote by RAC...

Imon Yourside
09-11-2012, 09:22 AM
The QB thing is a given man. Everyone knows it. What can be done to make it better right now? Nothing in my opinion.

I think we are deeper than we have been in a long time and I like the job Pioli did this offseason. That doesn't mean I like the whole picture.

I like Crennel and there has only been one game this season. He's 2-2 as the Chiefs coach. I don't like what I saw on Sunday either but, give him a chance what choice do you have?

I don't accept this garbage product. If we don't win a playoff game this year, I am going to go ballistic. That is my expectation. Anything less is horseshit.

So about 4 more weeks is your jumping off point?

Black Bob
09-11-2012, 09:25 AM
So about 4 more weeks is your jumping off point?

If we are eliminated from the playoffs, I will jump. If we lose in the playoffs, I will jump. The only thing this organization can do to show improvement is win a playoff game imo.

Rasputin
09-11-2012, 09:29 AM
GRETZ: If you need more mental toughness, how do you get it?

Quote:
CRENNEL: “Well, you know how we used to do that back in the day, back in the olden times – as my kids tell me when I talk to them about olden times, they said ‘Dad, those were olden days’ – well in the olden days we’d have contact, padded practice for however long it took. But this is a different day and age so we have to work within the rules that are set forth. So you talk to them, you show them tape, try to get them to understand that every play is a play that must be played in the NFL and that the game is not over until it’s over and there are always chances and opportunities for you to make a play to give your team some momentum and then before you know it, you’re winning the game.”

No excuses because all the teams get the same amount of practice in pads. Altho this weekend there were like 5 teams that scored 40+ points & that may be a record of such? Crennel is going have to find an approach that works, would be nice if he could go "old school" like he wants. I think the rules are dammaging the integrity of the game may as well watch Arena football lol.

Any more if your team can't put up 35 to 45 points on a regular basis your going to lose. We got to find a way to put up points like we did in Vermeil era. Not with Cassel we wont but we got to find a way to make it happen.

Pondering the roll Tony Richardson had at FB & we don't have one now. No excuses for this. Jamaal Charles is every bit or better RB than Priest Holmes & his belly doesn't get Nacho out.

Ace Gunner
09-11-2012, 09:31 AM

too soft.

Too stupid to get in anyone's way but their own. Every one of those six passes DJ defended were the result of his stupidity. He was way out of position on all of them and the Falcons knew it coming in DJ got the dumbs.

They rarely ran right and when they did, Tyson wasn't in, Rapoti was. They ran at Dorsey & DJ, the weakside crease that every team exposes on this team over the years.

If your team has teeth, it's your DL. Usually the interior & weakside DL. Poe was fine. He wasn't "teeth" but for a first pro game at 34NT, he did play well. When they get Toribio back, I hope they start Poe at RDE and let Dorsey carry his jock. If he can do it.

TRR
09-11-2012, 09:39 AM

Nobody is ignoring the QB situation. Some here are just tired of talking about it. Everyone knows what Cassel is and what should be done. But....it isn't going to change this season. This season Cassel is the starter and will most likely remain that way unless an injury occurs. Why even talk about it then??
Posted via Mobile Device

Mugalug
09-11-2012, 02:42 PM
The only thing worse than listening to a bunch of coach-speak is listening to a bunch of drama queens analyzing a bunch of coach-speak.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-11-2012, 02:45 PM

Pioli Way FTF

htismaqe
09-11-2012, 04:04 PM
Nobody is ignoring the QB situation. Some here are just tired of talking about it. Everyone knows what Cassel is and what should be done. But....it isn't going to change this season. This season Cassel is the starter and will most likely remain that way unless an injury occurs. Why even talk about it then??
Posted via Mobile Device

Why discuss any of it? I mean, it's the season now and they are what they are. Might as well just kill all football talk...

Hammock Parties
09-11-2012, 04:20 PM
TRR = fucking homer who doesn't want to hear the doom and gloom.

Well you need to hear it, homer.

You need to fucking hate these assholes.

We're fucking miserable, and you're gonna be fucking miserable with us.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-11-2012, 04:46 PM
TRR = fucking homer who doesn't want to hear the doom and gloom.

Well you need to hear it, homer.

You need to fucking hate these assholes.

We're fucking miserable, and you're gonna be fucking miserable with us.

LMAO Yeah!

Chief Roundup
09-11-2012, 05:39 PM
CRENNEL: well in the olden days we’d have contact, padded practice for however long it took. But this is a different day and age so we have to work within the rules that are set forth.

I think Crennel was taking a shot at the new CBA where they can't have all of the padded practices like in the past.
The lack of padded practices will make teams soft.

KCTitus
09-11-2012, 06:25 PM
.CRENNEL: Well, I think the most important thing is that we got out of the preseason with no injuries. We really didnt game plan for Atlanta and, realistically, next week you'll see a more sophisticated game plan...wait...what? That was week 1? That game counted?...next question.

Hammock Parties
09-11-2012, 06:27 PM
Titus truth bomb.

IT'S JUST PRESEASON

htismaqe
09-11-2012, 07:08 PM
CRENNEL: well in the olden days we’d have contact, padded practice for however long it took. But this is a different day and age so we have to work within the rules that are set forth.

I think Crennel was taking a shot at the new CBA where they can't have all of the padded practices like in the past.
The lack of padded practices will make teams soft.

I don't want to hear this bullshit.

When the "lockout" excuse came up for Haley, lots of people here rightfully said "31 other teams had a lockout too".

Well, 31 other teams have to deal with the new CBA and only a handful of them looked as bad as the Chiefs did last Sunday.

If Romeo can't adapt to the new CBA, let's find us a Harbaugh or some other young jack that can.

saphojunkie
09-11-2012, 07:27 PM
It just happened. My moment of Herm.

I no longer like Romeo Crennel. It happened for me when I was watching Herm on the sidelines, and shit was just pouring downhill, and he stood there doing nothing to stop it.

I have zero faith in this regime now. Zero hope. Hey, things might work out! But I have zero belief they will.

Dammit.

Reerun_KC
09-11-2012, 08:01 PM
I don't want to hear this bullshit.

When the "lockout" excuse came up for Haley, lots of people here rightfully said "31 other teams had a lockout too".

Well, 31 other teams have to deal with the new CBA and only a handful of them looked as bad as the Chiefs did last Sunday.

If Romeo can't adapt to the new CBA, let's find us a Harbaugh or some other young jack that can.

Why wait to see if Crennels old ass can adapt... Fuck him, Dump his stupid ass and lets get us a Harbaugh or a young NFL coach that can adapt to change...

I am sick of this old ass morons that cant change with the times.