PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs The Cassel gif you've been waiting for is here

RunKC
09-11-2012, 05:35 PM
http://i.imgur.com/r3pce.gif

BoneKrusher
09-11-2012, 05:36 PM
that's a girly man QB if i ever saw one.

OnTheWarpath15
09-11-2012, 05:37 PM
Hey, at least he didn't throw an INT on this screen.

It's a process.

jspchief
I've been shit

/pants

Mr. Laz
he basically kept us in the game for 2 1/2 quarters and you're posting this shit?

the rb was covered so he dumped it like he was supposed to do

GFY

Discuss Thrower
Good work on the gif, but meh on the content. Prior to last weekend I wondered aloud why QBs don't intentionally drill receivers or defenders below the belt when completing a pass is out of the question.

Brock
09-11-2012, 05:38 PM
That guy was "Hey, man, WTF?"

I would have benched him right then and there.

RunKC
Man this was hard to watch. So sad and embarrassing.

http://i.imgur.com/yRrgl.gif

Johnny Vegas
oh, OH, OOOH SHIT...FUCK YOU!

OnTheWarpath15
Good work on the gif, but meh on the content. Prior to last weekend I wondered aloud why QBs don't intentionally drill receivers or defenders below the belt when completing a pass is out of the question.

Completing a pass was only out of the question because he didn't bother to look anywhere else.

Mr. Laz
09-11-2012, 05:39 PM
I would have benched him right then and there.
because you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Hammock Parties
It was a good throw. Takes pinpoint accuracy to hit the fibula.

BoneKrusher
he basically kept us in the game for 2 1/2 quarters and you're posting this shit?

GFY

then why bother to run the play?

every person in the stadium knew the pass was going to the RB.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HWAQ8rTBLUk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

09-11-2012, 05:40 PM
because you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

whatever dude. You keep defending his worthless ass though. mmmmkay.:thumb:

Mr. Laz
09-11-2012, 05:40 PM
Completing a pass was only out of the question because he didn't bother to look anywhere else.

it was designed play go to charles on a swing that was covered

idiot

Hammock Parties
09-11-2012, 05:41 PM

Meh, how many QBs complete a pass to someone else on a designed screen?

Typically they throw it away.

Hammock Parties
09-11-2012, 05:42 PM
If you want to criticize Cassel for this play, criticize the fact that the screen was completely and absolutely destroyed, because defenses know all we do is throw short stuff.

A "deep" pass in this offense goes 20 yards.

It's real fucking easy to defense this offense, so we can't run simple stuff like that most of the time.

RunKC
09-11-2012, 05:42 PM
Eric Berry might not be the league's most impressive young safety anymore. Holy shit Mark Barron is gonna be good.

http://i.imgur.com/cxa40.gif

http://i.imgur.com/zYm4k.gif

Mr. Laz
09-11-2012, 05:43 PM
whatever dude. You keep defending his worthless ass though. mmmmkay.:thumb:

you can see the Olineman pulling over to block for Charles

it was a designed play

if the rb is covered you dump the pass instead of losing yard

BoneKrusher
09-11-2012, 05:43 PM
If you want to criticize Cassel for this play, criticize the fact that the screen was completely and absolutely destroyed, because defenses know all we do is throw short stuff.

It's real ****ing easy to defense this offense, so we can't run simple stuff like that most of the time.

exactly, every DC in the league knows when you play Cassel and the Chiefs you only need to defend half the field.
notice the Bills this Sunday.

O.city
09-11-2012, 05:44 PM

If he throws it anywhere else, it's a penalty. Watch the lineman run down field to block.

jspchief

GFY

Yeah god forbid he freezes the defender with that pump fake then has the presence of mind to throw a touch pass over his head.

Oh that's right, Cassel doesn't have touch passes in his arsenal.

Ace Gunner
put up some DJ gifs so people can jack off.

Mr. Laz
09-11-2012, 05:45 PM

It's real ****ing easy to defense this offense, so we can't run simple stuff like that most of the time.

this might be true but dumping the ball was what he was supposed to do

people around here are just too fucking stupid to know better

BoneKrusher
09-11-2012, 05:45 PM

he shoots blanks from time to time. LMAO

stonedstooge
09-11-2012, 05:46 PM
If he would have thrown it downfield, there would probably have been a call for a lineman over the line of scrimmage. Still would have liked to see him look and think that way though.

O.city
09-11-2012, 05:46 PM
Yeah god forbid he freezes the defender with that pump fake then has the presence of mind to throw a touch pass over his head.

A touch pass? On a screen? It would have been taken back for 6.

You can bash him on many many other plays, but in this situation, he made the right play.

Thig Lyfe
09-11-2012, 05:47 PM
The Cassel gif I've been waiting for is the one where he's stabbed to death, prison style.

09-11-2012, 05:47 PM
I hope they reevaluate the intentional grounding rule to include that.

Tribal Warfare
09-11-2012, 05:48 PM
The Cassel gif I've been waiting for is the one where he's stabbed to death, prison style.

by an inmates penis?

OnTheWarpath15
09-11-2012, 05:48 PM
Some of you are acting as if this is the first screen pass in the history of football to be blown up.

It's not.

It is, however, the first time in the 30 years I've been watching games that the QB didn't make some sort of an effort to make something of the play before giving up. Use that pump fake and touch pass the ball in there, or God forbid, run and pick up a yard or two.

Instead, typical Cassel.

First read not there - oh fuck.

Thig Lyfe
09-11-2012, 05:49 PM
by an inmates penis?

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9r7tjdM5S1rzrw88o1_400.gif

Mr. Laz
09-11-2012, 05:49 PM

there was another defender closing on charles

you can see him run by in the .gif

... oh never mind, can't convince someone of something when they are too stupid to know their stupid.

O.city
09-11-2012, 05:50 PM
It was a screen pass, that was blown up, and the qb does waht he is coached to do. A touch pass on a screen is taken the other way for 6.

FlaChief58
09-11-2012, 05:53 PM
The vision,piose, arm speed and accuracy lil Matty displays remind me of a young tyler palko. It's a blessed time to be a Chiefs fan being able to wittness the greatness that is the great cassholio

Baby Lee
09-11-2012, 05:55 PM

Here's the footage, just pop Cassel's face on one of them.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/B-mRjUudSU4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1:40

-King-
09-11-2012, 05:55 PM
Some of you are acting as if this is the first screen pass in the history of football to be blown up.

It's not.

It is, however, the first time in the 30 years I've been watching games that the QB didn't make some sort of an effort to make something of the play before giving up. Use that pump fake and touch pass the ball in there, or God forbid, run and pick up a yard or two.

Instead, typical Cassel.

First read not there - oh fuck.

It was a screen. How many other reads do you think he could have made?

-King-
09-11-2012, 05:58 PM
God damn, I hate having to defend Cassel. But of all the plays in the 2nd half to criticize him on....THIS?

A lot of QBs throw the ball away on screens if the screen is blown up. There isn't time to do anything else. The Dlinemen are coming through basically untouched so Cassel doesn't have time.

And plus, if you make any other read, it's a penalty for offensive linemen being downfield. From that gif alone we see 3 linemen past the LOS at the time of the pass.

Frosty
09-11-2012, 06:01 PM
I don't have a problem with him throwing it away because he has no other read and can't throw downfield.

The weird thing is throwing it at a defender instead of throwing it away 10 feet over the receiver's head like most QB's do. What if the defender kicked it up in the air and it was intercepted or if he reached down and caught it? Too many ways for things to go wrong when intentionally getting the ball near a defender.

I wonder if that is coached or just a brain cramp?

Baby Lee
09-11-2012, 06:02 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9r7tjdM5S1rzrw88o1_400.gif

Hey! The Jerk Store called. They're running out of YOU!!

09-11-2012, 06:02 PM
I don't have a problem with him throwing it away because he has no other read and can't throw downfield.

The weird thing is throwing it at a defender instead of throwing it away 10 feet over the receiver's head like most QB's do. What if the defender kicked it up in the air and it was intercepted or if he reached down and caught it? Too many ways for things to go wrong when intentionally getting the ball near a defender.

Had to be coached. I can't believe Cassel would have thought of that on his own.

OnTheWarpath15
09-11-2012, 06:03 PM
It was a screen. How many other reads do you think he could have made?

Was Dexter the only eligible WR on the play?

Were there literally no other options but to throw the ball at Abraham's legs?

If he genuinely felt he couldn't make a play passing, why not attempt to pick up a yard or two running?

I remember a similar play for Cam Newton last year. While the defender was in the air, he stepped forward, giving himself a window to get the ball off to the receiver. Play didn't do much, but he made the effort.

This play is typical of Cassel. If things aren't perfect - if that first read isn't there - he doesn't know what to do.

But hey, he played a solid half of football Sunday, so I probably shouldn't be picking on him.

OnTheWarpath15

Another good point.

Black Bob
Man, you gotta give Abraham some love on that one. He read that screen like a pro's pro and didn't go for the sack. He destroyed that play. It was actually pretty smart what Cassel did. It just looked really bad.

O.city
09-11-2012, 06:04 PM
Wish he would have tried to run it, gotten smashed by 99 so we could bitch about "why didn't he just throw it away" or tried to lob it to dex and it picked off and returned for 6.

BoneKrusher
09-11-2012, 06:05 PM
Man, you gotta give Abraham some love on that one. He read that screen like a pro's pro and didn't go for the sack. He destroyed that play. It was actually pretty smart what Cassel did. It just looked really bad.

yeah, it was the technigue, kinda like his TD celebration.

O.city
09-11-2012, 06:06 PM

If he genuinely felt he couldn't make a play passing, why not attempt to pick up a yard or two running?

I remember a similar play for Cam Newton last year. While the defender was in the air, he stepped forward, giving himself a window to get the ball off to the receiver. Play didn't do much, but he made the effort.

This play is typical of Cassel. If things aren't perfect - if that first read isn't there - he doesn't know what to do.

But hey, he played a solid half of football Sunday, so I probably shouldn't be picking on him.

Dexter is the only guy behind the line of scrimmage. Draughn is, but he's got his back turned.

While Cassel can't read a d for shit, this isn't a read play. This is a snap the ball, and throw it to Dexter playcall.

-King-
09-11-2012, 06:08 PM
Was Dexter the only eligible WR on the play? Yes. Linemen were already past the LOS. Any further reads and there's a penalty.
If he genuinely felt he couldn't make a play passing, why not attempt to pick up a yard or two running? Because there are more Falcons infront of him than Chiefs LMAO

listopencil
09-11-2012, 06:08 PM
Meh, how many QBs complete a pass to someone else on a designed screen?

Typically they throw it away.

Really good QB's pump fake. Then, when the defender is dropping back to the ground and can't jump back up again, they lob it over to complete the screen pass. It's not an easy thing to do but I've seen it done.

-King-
09-11-2012, 06:09 PM
Really good QB's pump fake. Then, when the defender is dropping back to the ground and can't jump back up again, they lob it over to complete the screen pass. It's not an easy thing to do but I've seen it done.

Watch the gif. If lobbed, there are two CBs that can easily pick it off and return it for a TD.

listopencil
09-11-2012, 06:10 PM
Maybe Mark Asshole was scared though. I mean, the Defender was standing completely still about fifteen feet away from him. That's almost like getting pressured.

Simplicity
09-11-2012, 06:11 PM
Okay the Cassel bashing is about 2 years too old... Stfu he isn't close to as bad as you guys claim. Yes I know his ass needs to get outta town but no one in the Chiefs organization is going to read you worthless opinion on ChiefsPlanet. Thus... He will stay.

THEN when he plays ****ing fantastic in the 1st half all you guys have to point out is the negative. GFY.

listopencil
09-11-2012, 06:12 PM
Watch the gif. If lobbed, there are two CBs that can easily pick it off and return it for a TD.

Yeah, I can see how the timing of a lob would have been bad. Maybe if he hadn't completely telegraphed the screen then that wouldn't have happened?

listopencil
Okay the Cassel bashing is about 2 years too old... Stfu he isn't close to as bad as you guys claim. Yes I know his ass needs to get outta town but no one in the Chiefs organization is going to read you worthless opinion on ChiefsPlanet. Thus... He will stay.

THEN when he plays ****ing fantastic in the 1st half all you guys have to point out is the negative. GFY.

He sucks.

ElGringo
I can't see what is in front of him so no idea on running other than it is not Cassel's strong suit. I no longer really defend the guy, but if he would have lobbed this one, number 20 something was begging for that. When you see him run right past Dex at the end of the gif he looks disappointed it wasn't lobbed out, he wanted those 6 points.

ElGringo
09-11-2012, 06:14 PM
Had one defender really wanting him to lob that ball, for a pic 6. Had 2 defenders wanting him to eat it or attempt a run for a nice sack. Matt did the right thing in throwing it away.

Frosty
09-11-2012, 06:15 PM
He would have lost yardage if he had tried to run since he was so far behind the LOS. Throwing it away was the right move. I would just prefer that Cassel didn't throw it right at a defender.

All that said, why is it that they can never run a screen correctly with Cassel at QB but ran some really nice screens when Orton was in there? :shrug: That lack of a threat of a downfield throw really jacks things up.

The Franchise
09-11-2012, 06:15 PM

That's a fucking reach.

listopencil
09-11-2012, 06:16 PM
I can't see what is in front of him so no idea on running other than it is not Cassel's strong suit. I no longer really defend the guy, but if he would have lobbed this one, number 20 something was begging for that. When you see him run right past Dex at the end of the gif he looks disappointed it wasn't lobbed out, he wanted those 6 points.

True. I don't know how far along into the play this gif is, but Mark is completely telegraphing the throw. Every bit of his body language says, "Hey! Imma Gonna Throw A Screen Pass To That Running Back!" I can't imagine that this would keep that CB honest at all.

Mr. Laz
09-11-2012, 06:16 PM
Yeah, I can see how the timing of a lob would have been bad. Maybe if he hadn't completely telegraphed the screen then that wouldn't have happened?

the Dline reads the blockers on those passes, you should slamming them, donkboy.

Black Bob
09-11-2012, 06:17 PM
yeah, it was the technigue, kinda like his TD celebration.

His worst moment was the one he was trying to throw away that Samuel almost picked off. It wasn't the terrible interception. It was the almost interception on the throw away.LMAO

The Bad Guy
09-11-2012, 06:18 PM
"He kept us in the game for 2.5 quarters"

What the **** is the matter with some of you? It's the ****ing QB's job to keep the team in the game for 4 quarters. Not ****ing 65% of the game. 4 quarters.

It's laughable that you would honestly use that as a defense.

listopencil
09-11-2012, 06:18 PM
He would have lost yardage if he had tried to run since he was so far behind the LOS. Throwing it away was the right move. I would just prefer that Cassel didn't throw it right at a defender.

All that said, why is it that they can never run a screen correctly with Cassel at QB but ran some really nice screens when Orton was in there? :shrug: That lack of a threat of a downfield throw really jacks things up.

Orton is good at body language. Take a look at his PA passes, those fake hand offs are really well done. Orton was very good at screen passes under McDaniels as well. I do know that they worked on it a lot.

KCTitus
09-11-2012, 06:19 PM
Show of hands...who else here had a Steve Bono flashback when they saw Cassel throw the ball into the defenders ankles?

Munson
09-11-2012, 06:19 PM
Wasn't that the only screen we attempted all day?

-King-
09-11-2012, 06:20 PM
That's a fucking reach.

:spock: In what way?

listopencil
09-11-2012, 06:20 PM
the Dline reads the blockers on those passes, you should slamming them, donkboy.

The QB shouldn't just stand there and stare at his intended target for the entire length of the play on a screen pass, homertard.

Mr. Laz
09-11-2012, 06:29 PM
"He kept us in the game for 2.5 quarters"

What the **** is the matter with some of you? It's the ****ing QB's job to keep the team in the game for 4 quarters. Not ****ing 65% of the game. 4 quarters.

It's laughable that you would honestly use that as a defense.

oh go fuck yourself

very,very few QB's can play from behind on every series all game long and succeed.

the running game disappeared and the D couldn't be much worse

the 2 killer turnovers weren't even on cassel(moeaki and albert)

the defense could give up 100 point and you moronic fucks would still be crying about cassel. :doh!:

the nfl should fire your ass for complete lack of football knowledge and idiocy

Mr. Laz
09-11-2012, 06:31 PM
Wasn't that the only screen we attempted all day?

i think so

no reverses or much misdirection at all

very basic

Frazod
09-11-2012, 06:38 PM
Kudos to anybody who was still watching this fucking abortion at that point. Personally, I'm not nearly masochistic enough.

Valiant
09-11-2012, 06:38 PM

GFY

I am thinking they want him to read for the next progression, he looked at a 1/4 of the field on that throw..

He played ok for a half, then they adjusted to him. Sell out to stop the run and then force him to check down or throw short passes and see if he can convert the 3rd downs.

It could get better, but that would take us throwing on 1st down and play action a lot more, which he is not great at. If you pigeon hole Cassel into only doing what he is good at(short passes) teams will kill you.. You need to take shots downfield and make progressions..

QuikSsurfer
09-11-2012, 06:40 PM
it was designed play go to charles on a swing that was covered

idiot

huh? It was a screen pass to Dexter.. do you not see the 5 blockers running in front of him?

Gadzooks
09-11-2012, 06:40 PM
I think li'l Matty was aiming for his balls and hit him in the shin. At the very least, you should be proud of that kind of accuracy from your QB.

J Diddy
09-11-2012, 06:42 PM

It's not.

Instead, typical Cassel.

First read not there - oh ****.

It was a screen pass, the entire left side of the line is pulling. You don't try to stretch a screen pass because you have no protection.

Bag on him for the across the field int, but he did the right thing there.

Direckshun
09-11-2012, 06:43 PM
That guy was "Hey, man, WTF?"

Holy shit, he really was. LMAO

ROFL

ROFL

ROFL

ROFL

griZZly64
09-11-2012, 06:43 PM

This whole theory is such a reach. If you want to bash Cassel go ahead and bash him for something that deserves it. Cassel made the right play. Sorry to spoil your fun.

L.A. Chieffan
09-11-2012, 06:44 PM
There was a slo mo angle of this play that wouldve been better for the GIF. Fail

The Bad Guy
oh go **** yourself

very,very few QB's can play from behind on every series all game long and succeed.

the running game disappeared and the D couldn't be much worse

the 2 killer turnovers weren't even on cassel(moeaki and albert)

the defense could give up 100 point and you moronic ****s would still be crying about cassel. :doh!:

the nfl should fire your ass for complete lack of football knowledge and idiocy

Laz, just about the only thing you understand in your pathetic world is half-naked avatar pictures. If it's football discussion, you place yourself squarely behind Royr and Pete on this board. If I'm looking for an expert in half-naked women, I'll ask you.

"The QB gave us everything he had for 2.5 quarters guys"

Fuck you, and fuck your mediocre loving excuses.

Good QB's overcome problems.

I've said the defense sucked repeatedly and are mostly to blame. However, Cassel played like dogshit sans one drive in the 2nd half. When your kid comes home with all D's on his/her report card, I hope they give you the excuse, "well, I worked real hard for 65% of the quarter, the other 35% I just had nothing left."

Fuck off Laz.

L.A. Chieffan
Holy shit, he really was. LMAO

ROFL

ROFL

ROFL

ROFL

Watch the game, Abraham was laughing his ass off

Hammock Parties
09-11-2012, 07:06 PM
There was a slo mo angle of this play that wouldve been better for the GIF. Fail

Patience, child.

ILChief
09-11-2012, 07:13 PM
This whole theory is such a reach. If you want to bash Cassel go ahead and bash him for something that deserves it. Cassel made the right play. Sorry to spoil your fun.

He never even looks to the right, his primary was covered so he gave up

listopencil
09-11-2012, 07:14 PM
To be fair the score was 40-17 at that point. Mark probably had a sad. A big sad.

jspchief
09-11-2012, 07:16 PM
I keep reading that the screen was blown up. How in the hell was it blown up?

The linemen let their guys go like they are supposed to. The DE is taking a wide angle at the QB, which puts him in a position to make a play on the pass, but that's typical of a screen. Cassel freezes him with the pump, at which point you throw over his head.

Everything went fine up until the moment Cassel panicked. The only thing blown up was Matty Probowl's underwear.

Shagworthy
09-11-2012, 07:17 PM
In order to prevent the posting of objectionable material by new users, ChiefsPlanet requires new members to meet certain criteria before posting links or images. We apologize for the inconvenience, but join in on the discussion and you'll be given full privileges in no time!

Until then, please remove links from your message, then you will be able to submit your post.
^This is stupid

i.minusDOTcom/isDukdcbD6Xgj.gif

DJ's left nut
09-11-2012, 07:22 PM

Mother of God...

As for the Cassel play, I don't understand why he didn't do anything once he got the guy to leave his feet. At that point he had a lane he could've run up into and found the seem to McCluster. Or a quick flick of the wrist up over Abraham after he hit the ground may have still gotten it to him.

I'll agree that the play isn't quite as bad as it looks - at the same time a good QB would've at least attempted to keep that play alive.

Oh well, it's probably for the best. Matty Light probably would've just fucked it up worse if he would've tried to improvise. It's probably better for all that he simply cut bait.

OnTheWarpath15
09-11-2012, 07:27 PM
Mother of God...

I watched most of that Tampa-Carolina game, and Tampa's going to be a handful.

They had Newton running for his life. They were fast and physical. Exactly the type of team we struggle against.

Reerun_KC
09-11-2012, 07:46 PM
:facepalm: why the fuck would i be waiting for that gif?

Seriously? OF all the things done on sunday this is what I would be waiting for?

Fucking morons love nothing more than to beat off to failures.. No wonder this franchise has no intentions of putting a winning product on the field ... Everyone would leave because they only enjoy failures...

Pathetic.

BigRock
09-11-2012, 07:48 PM
It is, however, the first time in the 30 years I've been watching games that the QB didn't make some sort of an effort to make something of the play before giving up.
Cassel did the same thing against the Vikings last year. It's what caused his sideline argument with Haley.

He's scared to death of throwing another pick on a screen pass.

Tombstone RJ
09-11-2012, 07:48 PM

so awesome!:thumb:

In58men
09-11-2012, 07:49 PM
I'm embarrassed of our team.

Very embarrassed

DJ's left nut
09-11-2012, 07:49 PM
I watched most of that Tampa-Carolina game, and Tampa's going to be a handful.

They had Newton running for his life. They were fast and physical. Exactly the type of team we struggle against.

Uh.

Precisely what kind of team don't we struggle against?

Hammock Parties
09-11-2012, 08:00 PM
Fucking morons love nothing more than to beat off to failures..

What else do we have to beat off to?

This team is a laugh riot since 2006.

People get mad at me on facebook for making fun of the team...but they're a fucking joke.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/422616_454172761272307_604360251_n.jpg

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/316794_454171441272439_29457582_n.jpg

Tombstone RJ
09-11-2012, 08:02 PM

cassel really hates that guys shoes...

Reerun_KC
09-11-2012, 08:05 PM
YET if he would of done something stupid. There would of been a fire sale on tampons at Walmart just to control the bleeding around here...

No matter what Cassel does. It will cause much menstration on menstrationplanet.

DJ's left nut
09-11-2012, 08:09 PM

Seriously? OF all the things done on sunday this is what I would be waiting for?

Fucking morons love nothing more than to beat off to failures.. No wonder this franchise has no intentions of putting a winning product on the field ... Everyone would leave because they only enjoy failures...

Pathetic.

This is such unbelievable horseshit.

People that root for this team to fail wouldn't spend hours each week coming on here to talk about them.

But what exactly else is there to talk about? Like it or not, over the last 15 years the Chiefs have been one of the least successful organizations in the NFL. At this point they are circled on everyone's calenders as a 'must win' game...if only because there are so few teams that can routinely be counted on to be sub-standard.

We've lost 6 of 7 home openers, giving up 40+ points in the last 2. We routinely shit the bed when the NFL schedule-makers are kindly enough to put us in the playoffs.

We're a bad organization - period. Over the last decade, I struggle to name any that have been worse.

WTF else should we be talking about, shithead?

Bury your head if you want, but it doesn't make you a better fan. If anything, the kind of bullshit you're peddling is the reason that Carl Peterson was allowed to flail about here for the last decade of his tenure and it's certainly why Pioli will get 10 years of his own of repeated abject failure. Apathy rules the day with a great part of this fanbase and the Hunt family has done a great job of capitalizing on it to make vast sums of money with nominal effort.

Clark thanks you for your support.

Reerun_KC
09-11-2012, 08:15 PM

People that root for this team to fail wouldn't spend hours each week coming on here to talk about them.

But what exactly else is there to talk about? Like it or not, over the last 15 years the Chiefs have been one of the least successful organizations in the NFL. At this point they are circled on everyone's calenders as a 'must win' game...if only because there are so few teams that can routinely be counted on to be sub-standard.

We've lost 6 of 7 home openers, giving up 40+ points in the last 2. We routinely shit the bed when the NFL schedule-makers are kindly enough to put us in the playoffs.

We're a bad organization - period. Over the last decade, I struggle to name any that have been worse.

Bury your head if you want, but it doesn't make you a better fan. If anything, the kind of bullshit you're peddling is the reason that Carl Peterson was allowed to flail about here for the last decade of his tenure and it's certainly why Pioli will get 10 years of his own of repeated abject failure. Apathy rules the day with a great part of this fanbase and the Hunt family has done a great job of capitalizing on it to make vast sums of money with nominal effort.

Clark can go fuck himself with your cock... No shit Einstien. There isnt a franchise worse than this one in the NFL... ITs not fucking rocket science to figure that out.. Not sure why you are struggling with the concept.

Yes you are fucking Clark in the ass if you believe this statement. "People that root for this team to fail wouldn't spend hours each week coming on here to talk about them." He thanks you for the reach around...

Cant believe you of all people would believe this...

IF am sick of the product they are putting on the field. But you are a extreme homer if you dont believe that Cassel does something stupid this place would meltdown faster then Cherynobl.

Pull you head out of Piolis ass and look around at the shit we have to endure from this franchise.

DJ's left nut
09-11-2012, 08:25 PM
Wait...what?

So you'll concede that this franchise is garbage, yet you're upset that people bother to point that out?

You're making very little sense right now.

Bewbies
09-11-2012, 08:29 PM
Matt Cassel is a quitter/pussy. That's what this gif shows.

Hammock Parties
09-11-2012, 08:38 PM
Wait...what?

So you'll concede that this franchise is garbage, yet you're upset that people bother to point that out?

Reerun hates Pioli, and he hates those who bitch about Pioli.

He hates the franchise AND the fans.

LMAO

Reerun_KC
09-11-2012, 08:41 PM
Wait...what?

There is a difference in pointing out that the franchise is sucking ass vs beating the horse for being a horse regardless if it is dead or not.

O.city
09-11-2012, 08:44 PM

I'm not trying to shit storm you here, but if you feel this way, why still be a fan? Not just aiming this at you but really to all of us.

Molitoth
09-11-2012, 08:48 PM
I'm not trying to shit storm you here, but if you feel this way, why still be a fan? Not just aiming this at you but really to all of us.
http://i.imgur.com/7VbfJ.jpg

L.A. Chieffan
09-11-2012, 08:53 PM
we haven't really been that bad...

DJ's left nut
09-11-2012, 08:55 PM

Could you ever not be?

Trust me, I've tried. I've tried to walk away from teams and for reasons far more 'noble' than being lousy - it just doesn't work.

I said it in the "when do you give up" thread - but a real fan never really 'quits' a team; he just stops being disappointed when they lose. That's where the true die-hards are right now. They're too vested in this franchise to ever truly wakl away from it. They're also too knowledgeable to ignore the bullshit or buy the propaganda coming from the front office.

So they're left with raging against the machine and insulating themselves from the disappointment that they know is inevitable.

It would've been easier to simply not care - but that ship has sailed.

DJ's left nut
09-11-2012, 08:57 PM
There is a difference in pointing out that the franchise is sucking ass vs beating the horse for being a horse regardless if it is dead or not.

Again - if we didn't comment on the shitty things that happen each week - the same shitty things that happen every week for the last 10 years or so - there wouldn't be much to talk about.

We're beating a dead horse because nobody's bothered to drag the corpse off the goddamn highway.

Molitoth
09-11-2012, 08:59 PM
Eventually the backlash from the fans will bring us a good QB.

If we sit here in silence and keep buying Chiefs tickets like everything is just fine and dandy, then things will stay the same.

09-11-2012, 09:00 PM
Again - if we didn't comment on the shitty things that happen each week - the same shitty things that happen every week for the last 10 years or so - there wouldn't be much to talk about.

We're beating a dead horse because nobody's bothered to drag the corpse off the goddamn highway.

My god, that is PERFECT.:thumb:

O.city
09-11-2012, 09:02 PM
Could you ever not be?

Trust me, I've tried. I've tried to walk away from teams and for reasons far more 'noble' than being lousy - it just doesn't work.

I said it in the "when do you give up" thread - but a real fan never really 'quits' a team; he just stops being disappointed when they lose. That's where the true die-hards are right now. They're too vested in this franchise to ever truly wakl away from it. They're also too knowledgeable to ignore the bullshit or buy the propaganda coming from the front office.

So they're left with raging against the machine and insulating themselves from the disappointment that they know is inevitable.

It would've been easier to simply not care - but that ship has sailed.

I guess so. I've tried myself to walk away. And truly, it was alot easier to be a fan before I found CP.

I could get excited on Sundays for games. They win, I'm pumped. They lose, it sucks, but by the evening game, I've moved on.

I find CP, now I record games to watch, do other stupid shit I shouldn't do. To be honest, I think it's time for me to step away for a while.

Marcellus
09-11-2012, 09:02 PM
Cassel sucks, this play is not an actual example of that suckage. I have seen many many a good QB just toss a ball in the dirt in this situation.

Cassel makes it funny by getting frustrated and throwing it AT the defenders feet.

Simple fact is most QB's just dump it in the dirt there.

Bigger question is why was it so obvious this was a screen to the defense? It appears nobody made any attempt to chip or pretend to block the guys on the DL. The bigger fail is on the entire fucking play design or execution.

It is easier to make fun of Cassel though. As long as we focus on him being the end all be all issue all we need is one more player right?

O.city
09-11-2012, 09:04 PM
You know what teams do, that we never do? Just line up, run go patterns and throw it deep. Doesn't matter if you complete it, most teams rarely complete it. But just do it to show that you aren't afraid.

Reerun_KC
09-11-2012, 09:04 PM

LMAO

Marcellus
09-11-2012, 09:05 PM
You know what teams do, that we never do? Just line up, run go patterns and throw it deep. Doesn't matter if you complete it, most teams rarely complete it. But just do it to show that you aren't afraid.

You are starting to just repeat CP mantra. Lack of a down field passing game was not a reason we lost Sunday.

O.city
09-11-2012, 09:06 PM
You are starting to just repeat CP mantra. Lack of a down field passing game was not a reason we lost Sunday.

No it wasn't, still doesn't mean we should try it. Look at some of the screen shots in the other thread, where we have 1 on 1 down the sidelines with out big wr's.

SAUTO
09-11-2012, 09:08 PM
I guess so. I've tried myself to walk away. And truly, it was alot easier to be a fan before I found CP.

I could get excited on Sundays for games. They win, I'm pumped. They lose, it sucks, but by the evening game, I've moved on.

I find CP, now I record games to watch, do other stupid shit I shouldn't do. To be honest, I think it's time for me to step away for a while. why would you change because of the planet?
Posted via Mobile Device

Molitoth
09-11-2012, 09:10 PM
Other teams defenses are NOT scared of Matt Cassel.
No matter how good enough Matt plays for 2 quarters of football, defenses are never going to respect his play until he leads this team deep in the playoffs.
Other teams play the chiefs with a gift of confidence.

Brock

Pathetic.

LMAO Fucking crybaby.

OnTheWarpath15
No it wasn't, still doesn't mean we should try it. Look at some of the screen shots in the other thread, where we have 1 on 1 down the sidelines with out big wr's.

Let's face it - the schemes we run on offense and defense are horribly dated.

On defense we want our DL to be one-dimensional, which requires our entire pass rush to come from one player or a blitz. Bend but don't break doesn't work in this league unless you have a prolific offense to help you out.

Speaking of offense, we're running one suited for 1994.

Run-heavy, with a short passing game as a further extension of the run game.

MIAdragon
09-11-2012, 09:11 PM
http://i.imgur.com/7VbfJ.jpg

thx.

Marcellus
09-11-2012, 09:11 PM
Let's face it - the schemes we run on offense and defense are horribly dated.

On defense we want our DL to be one-dimensional, which requires our entire pass rush to come from one player or a blitz. Bend but don't break doesn't work in this league unless you have a prolific offense to help you out.

Speaking of offense, we're running one suited for 1994.

Run-heavy, with a short passing game as a further extension of the run game.

Is that really what you got from the 1st half of the game Sunday?

O.city
09-11-2012, 09:12 PM
We actually threw the ball down the field more Sunday, than we have in a while. Or so it seemed.

But the defense, pretty much spot on. Today's offenses are too good. They aren't going to make mistakes until you force them to make them.

OnTheWarpath15
09-11-2012, 09:15 PM
Is that really what you got from the 1st half of the game Sunday?

We threw more intermediate routes Sunday, but nothing long. Nothing deep down the sidelines, no deep posts, no back shoulder fades, no using our WR's size to our advantage.

I guess when you see nothing but dumpoffs for 3 years, some of you might get excited when we throw 10-15.

Hell, our gigantic fucking WR we just drafted a year ago was on the field for a whopping 12 snaps or some shit like that, and wasn't looked at once.

O.city
09-11-2012, 09:17 PM
Thats what I was saying. Just throw a backshoulder throw on 3 and short and let Bowe make a play or get PI. When you get inside the 50, take a shot at the endzone with Baldwin or Bowe.

OnTheWarpath15
09-11-2012, 09:19 PM
Thats what I was saying. Just throw a backshoulder throw on 3 and short and let Bowe make a play or get PI. When you get inside the 50, take a shot at the endzone with Baldwin or Bowe.

Cassel can't make those throws.

Which is exactly why we're still living in 1994 offensively.

The point is to make the defense defend the entire field.

Opponents of the Chiefs know they only have to defend about 15 yards from the LOS.

Advantage, opponent.

DJ's left nut
09-11-2012, 09:20 PM
Watch that Ravens game again.

Flacco made very few 'great' throws - he just did a very nice job of putting balls into spots where his guys could make plays on it. If they didn't make the play, nobody likely was.

Cassel tried that once - the throw to Boss. And hey! What do you know - it worked. It wasn't a 'great' throw, but it was a throw that his guy had a chance to make a play on and did. That's how you have to play in a league where other exceptional athlete are being paid vast sums of money to beat you.

O.city
09-11-2012, 09:24 PM
This is kind of what I said in some thread earlier. Cassel made throws in the first half that he hasn't attempted before. Not hasn't made, hasn't attempted. Couple throws to Baldwin on deeper outs, the Boss throw. The Bowe throw in a tight window.

Like DJ said, we have alot of really talented athletes on offense. Give them chances to make plays. If you throw picks, I'd rather it be on plays where you are giving someone a chance to make a play.

Like the second Int Sunday. Baldwin is running single covered down the middle of the field. Just chuck it deep. See what happens.

Hammock Parties
09-11-2012, 09:32 PM
We actually threw the ball down the field more Sunday, than we have in a while. Or so it seemed.

The longest pass down the field all day was 23 yards.

Herm has returned.

Hammock Parties
09-11-2012, 09:34 PM
Hell, our gigantic fucking WR we just drafted a year ago was on the field for a whopping 12 snaps or some shit like that, and wasn't looked at once.

12 snaps on passing plays.

0 targets.

However, on that ultra-fail third and 1 where Cassel was picked, Baldwin was wide open deep.

Of course Cassel couldn't get it to him because he couldn't elude the pressure after completing the bootleg.

I'm sure Daboll thought his third-and-1 play action was gonna fool the defense when we were down by 20 points, though.

DeezNutz
09-11-2012, 09:35 PM
This is kind of what I said in some thread earlier. Cassel made throws in the first half that he hasn't attempted before. Not hasn't made, hasn't attempted. Couple throws to Baldwin on deeper outs, the Boss throw. The Bowe throw in a tight window.

Like DJ said, we have alot of really talented athletes on offense. Give them chances to make plays. If you throw picks, I'd rather it be on plays where you are giving someone a chance to make a play.

Like the second Int Sunday. Baldwin is running single covered down the middle of the field. Just chuck it deep. See what happens.

Baldwin, whom many seemed to consider the greatest unproven WR in NFL history last season, wasn't even targeted.

Bowe, who was legit from season one, is meanwhile talked about like a piece of shit on this board.

Hammock Parties
09-11-2012, 09:36 PM
Couple throws to Baldwin on deeper out.

We didn't throw the ball to Baldwin once.

Cassel didn't complete any passes I haven't seen him complete before.

Hammock Parties
09-11-2012, 09:37 PM
Watch that Ravens game again.

Flacco made very few 'great' throws.

This one is great, and Cassel can't make it.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1351332/flaccomvp.gif

O.city
09-11-2012, 09:41 PM
Meant Moeaki.

RUSH
09-11-2012, 09:41 PM
We threw more intermediate routes Sunday, but nothing long. Nothing deep down the sidelines, no deep posts, no back shoulder fades, no using our WR's size to our advantage.

I guess when you see nothing but dumpoffs for 3 years, some of you might get excited when we throw 10-15.

Hell, our gigantic ****ing WR we just drafted a year ago was on the field for a whopping 12 snaps or some shit like that, and wasn't looked at once.

Perfect opportunity right here...

http://i.imgur.com/0iFSj.jpg

Circled safety even came up towards the LOS pre-snap. It also happened to be the 3rd down before the missed FG. You have to give Bowe a chance to make a play there, he's 1 on 1. Cassel ends up staring down Dexter the whole play and gets the pass batted down by the LB in the short zone. FG missed...meltdown begins.

Hammock Parties
09-11-2012, 09:43 PM
Meant Moeaki.

Cassel has definitely completed that pass before. Certainly attempted.

O.city
09-11-2012, 09:43 PM
Thats not even a great throw by Flacco there, like DJ said earlier. He basically threw it up for the wr to make a play.

O.city
09-11-2012, 09:45 PM
Cassel has definitely completed that pass before. Certainly attempted.

The out to Moeaki over the Lb that was accurate with good velocity is something I haven't seen Cassel do very often. It was a good throw, that I haven't seen him make many times. Maybe I'm not giving him enough credit.

O.city
09-11-2012, 09:46 PM
Clay, it's a little upsetting that you are loving this so much. Why aren't you furious like the rest of the folks round here?

Demonpenz
09-11-2012, 09:47 PM
Cassel made a nice throw and catch to Mcluster.

MIAdragon
09-11-2012, 09:50 PM
12 snaps on passing plays.

0 targets.

However, on that ultra-fail third and 1 where Cassel was picked, Baldwin was wide open deep.

Of course Cassel couldn't get it to him because he couldn't elude the pressure after completing the bootleg.

I'm sure Daboll thought his third-and-1 play action was gonna fool the defense when we were down by 20 points, though.

Not that eluding the rush would have made a difference Mark cant seem to move beyond his first option. We may as well have his primary target and then "ghost" receivers running routes.

Micjones
09-11-2012, 09:51 PM
Certainly didn't look good, but he did the right thing.

Hammock Parties
09-11-2012, 10:00 PM
Clay, it's a little upsetting that you are loving this so much. Why aren't you furious like the rest of the folks round here?

Because most QBs do what Matt did there.

Screen blown up? Throw it away.

Happens all the time.

O.city
09-11-2012, 10:10 PM
I meant about the overall situation, not that play.

mcaj22
09-11-2012, 10:18 PM

and that is what

the team sucks?

Chiefnj2
09-11-2012, 10:22 PM
People on this board have gone completely retarded. It was a busted play that Cassel threw away. It was 100% the right decision, yet some idiots think he should have tried lobbing the pass or some other crap.

And people criticizing the offense as being outdated? It was Daboll's first god-damn game. What the hell do you know about the offense? It should have put 27 points on the board without any help whatsoever from defensive turnovers or special teams.

ThaVirus
09-11-2012, 10:27 PM
http://i.imgur.com/cxa40.gif

Holy balls. That's impressive.

I keep reading that the screen was blown up. How in the hell was it blown up?

The linemen let their guys go like they are supposed to. The DE is taking a wide angle at the QB, which puts him in a position to make a play on the pass, but that's typical of a screen. Cassel freezes him with the pump, at which point you throw over his head.

Everything went fine up until the moment Cassel panicked. The only thing blown up was Matty Probowl's underwear.

This. It goes back to the days on the fucking sand lot. At some point in time you just have to make plays. I'm not sure how you can ascend to the level of the NFL and have that type of playmaking nature not be second nature.

Thats not even a great throw by Flacco there, like DJ said earlier. He basically threw it up for the wr to make a play.

What? That was a perfect throw. Dropped right in the 1 foot window between two closing defenders.

MMXcalibur
09-11-2012, 10:31 PM
If he throws that screen OVER a defender, one of two things happen:

1. McCluster gets popped for a huge loss.
2. the Falcons defender snatches it for an easy pick six

I admit at the time I was all: "WTF!?!". After seeing the play though, Cassel made the right play. If you're going to bitch at him for doing something stupid, go to the 3rd and 1 pass BACK across the field that got picked easily, but not this.

DJ's left nut
09-11-2012, 10:32 PM
What? That was a perfect throw. Dropped right in the 1 foot window between two closing defenders.

It was a very good throw, but it wasn't an awe-inspiring one by any means.

He didn't rifle it in there, he didn't do anything amazing to look off defenders. He didn't even really squeeze it into a small space - the safety closed because he hung the ball up a little too much. Beyond that, he actually ran his WR into the closing defender - he brought him a full 10 feet back towards the hash after the WR had his man torched. He floated a long pass up the seam and his guy ran to it, that's it. A great throw hits his guy with plenty of space and doesn't get him blown up.

It was a good throw, but to be honest - it was a throw that Cassel can make. His physical skills do not preclude him hitting that throw and Flacco didn't exactly sneak it to the back pylon or anything. A marginally accurate passer with skilled WRs can get away with that ball.

It was a throw that was little more than a well-timed release into an open space, allowing his WR to get to the ball. Cassel could make that throw.

But he won't.

stevenidol
09-11-2012, 10:33 PM

Happens all the time.

It's funny how people would rather take the ineligible man down field penalty than an incomplete pass and no gain on the play. If a screen play is blown up, the correct action for the QB is to throw it away. Throwing a "touch" pass with 3 defenders around the receiver would result in a pick 6.

The only thing I would have rather Cassel done is to throw it directly at the guys nuts just because it would be funny.

Hammock Parties
09-11-2012, 10:34 PM

I'm not sure I follow you.

It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine.

Gravedigger
09-11-2012, 10:42 PM
That was the one play that really showed what Cassel is as a QB. He snaps the ball, his first option is covered for the screen so instead of looking for his other options or doing that thing QB's do, I believe it's called "scrambling", he painfully pump fakes to the (suprise) still not open back, just in case the defender gave up or fell down inexplicably. But that's not the most embarrassing part, instead of throwing it over the defender and into the sidelines so a lucky fan might get a real Matt Cassel thrown football (worth a ton of money on the shittiest quarterbacks link of Craigslist), he just doinks it off his foot, in which case he was probably aiming for the ground in front of the defender and thus missed his target again.

Seriously, it's pathetic, stop giving him excuses, he is, was, and always will be a backup caliber quarterback who has flashes of better than average, but ultimately comes down to Damon Huard in the season Trent Green got knocked out.

Hammock Parties
09-11-2012, 10:47 PM
It was a good throw, but to be honest - it was a throw that Cassel can make. His physical skills do not preclude him hitting that throw and Flacco didn't exactly sneak it to the back pylon or anything. A marginally accurate passer with skilled WRs can get away with that ball.

Dude.

Flacco threw that ball off his BACK FOOT. Almost FIFTY YARDS. With ACCURACY.

Cassel absolutely cannot make that throw.

Look at it again from sideline angle. Fucking killer throw.

http://i.imgur.com/gq21C.gif

Shit, look at how he had to throw the ball:

http://i.imgur.com/OtpjC.jpg

ThaVirus
09-11-2012, 10:56 PM
If he throws that screen OVER a defender, one of two things happen:

1. McCluster gets popped for a huge loss.
2. the Falcons defender snatches it for an easy pick six

I admit at the time I was all: "WTF!?!". After seeing the play though, Cassel made the right play. If you're going to bitch at him for doing something stupid, go to the 3rd and 1 pass BACK across the field that got picked easily, but not this.

Yeah, I should clarify. I would have preferred him take a step or two forward after the pump fake and pull off a little sidearm action to give McCluster a chance to do something with it. I'm aware of the DT coming in late but if executed correctly he could have gotten a little shovel pass off with plenty of time. As it appears in the gif, Dexter had a couple blockers in front of him to work with.

I don't feel like that kind of maneuver is risky or asking too much. It would be second nature to a guy like Aaron Rodgers or any playmaker for that matter.

It was a very good throw, but it wasn't an awe-inspiring one by any means.

He didn't rifle it in there, he didn't do anything amazing to look off defenders. He didn't even really squeeze it into a small space - the safety closed because he hung the ball up a little too much. Beyond that, he actually ran his WR into the closing defender - he brought him a full 10 feet back towards the hash after the WR had his man torched. He floated a long pass up the seam and his guy ran to it, that's it. A great throw hits his guy with plenty of space and doesn't get him blown up.

It was a throw that was little more than a well-timed release into an open space, allowing his WR to get to the ball. Cassel could make that throw.

But he won't.

I'm not bowing down to the arm of Flacco, but that was a great throw. Can/does anyone really ever "rifle" in a 45-50 seam? If he did, I think he'd have had to worry about the safety undercutting it for a knockdown or worse, and it would also have given the CB a better play on it. Based on that gif, the receiver was going to take a hit no matter what. The fact that Flacco dropped it in there in a half-second window leads me to believe it was a great throw.

DJ's left nut
09-11-2012, 10:58 PM
What accuracy? Is it the part where he underthrew it? Or the part where he put it 8 feet to the left of the streaking (and open) WR who adjusted his route and ended up getting hit on account of it.

It was a nice throw. And yeah, throwing off his back foot, you're probably right that Cassel can't muscle it out there. Then again, Flacco had a spot to step forward into but instead he stepped sideways in response to the pressure. If he plants that back foot and drives forward, he would've been just fine. That throw was just lofted up there to a WR that had his guy beat. He ran his WR into danger and with enough air under it to get his guy hit.

Look at it this way - he had about 10 yards of circumference he could've thrown that ball into for the catch to happen - and he still put it to where a charging safety could make a play on it.

Watch where the WR is when the ball is release and then watch where he ends up - Flacco threw his WR into coverage there when the guy had beaten his man clean.

It was a good throw - it wasn't amazing. It was a ball put up to an open WR where he had a chance to make a play on it.

ThaVirus
09-11-2012, 10:58 PM
LMAO Clay to my rescue. With the additional evidence, I'll have to rest my case that it was a perfect throw. Given the circumstances, I don't see how he could have placed or timed it any better.

Hammock Parties
09-11-2012, 10:59 PM
It's a fucking unbelievable throw that only a QB with a massive cannon for an arm could make.

Cassel would be sacked on that play. Fetal position in all probability.

God damn, Joe Flacco has arrived.

Brock
09-11-2012, 11:00 PM
Flacco makes tons of those kinds of throws. He's gotten better about not doing it when he shouldn't too.

MMXcalibur
09-11-2012, 11:01 PM
It's a ****ing unbelievable throw that only a QB with a massive cannon for an arm could make.

Cassel would be sacked on that play. Fetal position in all probability.

God damn, Joe Flacco has arrived.

OK, so go be a Ravens fan.

Hammock Parties
09-11-2012, 11:01 PM

I will be in Week 5.

I will root for the Ravens to prove that Wild Card Weekend 2010 was no fluke.

Brock
09-11-2012, 11:02 PM

Love this shitty team or leave it!

Brock
09-11-2012, 11:02 PM
I will be in Week 5.

Yeah, I bet you won't.

DJ's left nut
09-11-2012, 11:04 PM
LMAO Clay to my rescue. With the additional evidence, I'll have to rest my case that it was a perfect throw. Given the circumstances, I don't see how he could have placed or timed it any better.

How do you think that was a window?

Look at how far his WR has to come to the middle of the field when the ball is thrown. Watch the first GIF and look at the WR as soon as the ball released - he has separation and is 2 or 3 yards away from the left hash. As the ball is caught, he's getting right to the has. He has his man absolutely torched and if Flacco steps forward and actually puts power into his throw, it's an easy touchdown where the WR doesn't get hit.

Instead he throws off his back foot, drifts it to the middle of the field and gets his guy hit. He made it appear there was a window there when there wasn't - he had a HUGE area he could've put that ball into for the completion, he just put it at the far right fringe of that area and made it look very very close.

It was a good throw - it was by no stretch of the imagination a great one. His guy was wide the !@#$ open until he threw him into coverage.

Hammock Parties
09-11-2012, 11:05 PM
The best thing that can happen this year is for all the good teams to expose us for the frauds we are and have been since the Patriotards took power.

Hammock Parties
09-11-2012, 11:07 PM
It was a good throw - it was by no stretch of the imagination a great one. His guy was wide the !@#$ open until he threw him into coverage.

Given the pressure he was under, and the distance of the throw, and the fact his receiver never has to break stride....

There are only a handful of QBs in the league who can do what Joe Flacco CANNON did on that play.

You need a howitzer to do what he did on that play. And huge nads to stand in there and do it instead of looking at the pass rush and shitting thy pants.

FYI he can't step forward, there's a lineman being driven right into his nutsack.

RunKC
09-11-2012, 11:08 PM
The best thing that can happen this year is for all the good teams to expose us for the frauds we are and have been since the Patriotards took power.

This team will be 2-4 at best at the bye. I'm just worried we're gonna start beating the soft teams in the 2nd half like CLE, IND, OAK at home.

ThaVirus
09-11-2012, 11:15 PM
How do you think that was a window?

Look at how far his WR has to come to the middle of the field when the ball is thrown. Watch the first GIF and look at the WR as soon as the ball released - he has separation and is 2 or 3 yards away from the left hash. As the ball is caught, he's getting right to the has. He has his man absolutely torched and if Flacco steps forward and actually puts power into his throw, it's an easy touchdown where the WR doesn't get hit.

Instead he throws off his back foot, drifts it to the middle of the field and gets his guy hit. He made it appear there was a window there when there wasn't - he had a HUGE area he could've put that ball into for the completion, he just put it at the far right fringe of that area and made it look very very close.

Dude, look at the first gif as well as the ones Clay posted. DE #93 comes in on a twist and throws his hands up at the same time that LG #70 is being bulldozed into Flacco's grill. He CANNOT step up and absolutely had to put some touch on the ball. He did that off his back foot and dropped it into about a couple foot window from 45 yards away.

L.A. Chieffan
09-11-2012, 11:20 PM
Flacco might have the best arm in the game but If his line would give him enough time Cassel could make that throw easy. That pass to Boss was about 25 yards on a rope. Just move him back about 20 yards and no problem.

Hammock Parties
09-11-2012, 11:31 PM
Flacco might have the best arm in the game but If his line would give him enough time Cassel could make that throw easy. That pass to Boss was about 25 yards on a rope. Just move him back about 20 yards and no problem.

The most wrong post on here ever.

-King-
09-11-2012, 11:34 PM
I will be in Week 5.

I just found out I'll be at that game. I'll work my counter mojo against you.

L.A. Chieffan
09-11-2012, 11:36 PM
The most wrong post on here ever.

Check it out yourself

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fantasy/0ap1000000060680/QB-Cassel-to-TE-Boss-22-yd-pass-TD

He actually lets it fly from about the 30 and its placed perfectly so only Boss could grab it. We shouldve ran this play 5 more times

-King-
09-11-2012, 11:36 PM

Happens all the time.

You know Matt did the right thing if Clay doesn't even bother trolling.

L.A. Chieffan
09-11-2012, 11:37 PM
Holthus was STOKED on that play

listopencil
09-11-2012, 11:38 PM
Dude.

Look at it again from sideline angle. ****ing killer throw.

That was a pretty damn good looking throw to me.

Phobia
09-11-2012, 11:41 PM
I didn't have a single problem with that play. It was blown up from the very moment it started and it's not like Cassle is RG3.

-King-
09-11-2012, 11:42 PM
That was a pretty damn good looking throw to me.

This. I don't know how DJ is viewing it as an average play.

Marcellus
09-12-2012, 04:29 AM
I didn't have a single problem with that play. It was blown up from the very moment it started and it's not like Cassle is RG3.

You are way behind, now we are complaining Cassel can't make that throw Flacco did, the one that 95% of the league can't make.

htismaqe
09-12-2012, 07:11 AM

It was definitely on a rope. Because Boss had to hang from it to get to the ball.

tecumseh
09-12-2012, 07:30 AM
Cassel throw, 2nd & 22, down by 23, 7:44 left in 4th qtr. Who cares, blown play. I've seen alot of QBs do that. The throw to Boss was tight. Good for Cassel. The Flacco throw was great, as much the receiver as flacco.

HemiEd
09-12-2012, 08:57 AM
Hey, at least he didn't throw an INT on this screen.

It's a process.

Q

brorth
09-12-2012, 09:05 AM
Check it out yourself

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fantasy/0ap1000000060680/QB-Cassel-to-TE-Boss-22-yd-pass-TD

He actually lets it fly from about the 30 and its placed perfectly so only Boss could grab it. We shouldve ran this play 5 more times

LMAO

Lzen
09-12-2012, 09:17 AM
Can someone post a gif of that pass intended for Moeaki that was tipped and intercepted? I want to take a closer look because I wasn't sure if that was fully on Mo or if Cassel threw it too high.

Chiefnj2
09-12-2012, 09:57 AM
Can someone post a gif of that pass intended for Moeaki that was tipped and intercepted? I want to take a closer look because I wasn't sure if that was fully on Mo or if Cassel threw it too high.

The pass was not high. What will drive you crazy is the WR running wide open 20 yards downfield on the bottom of the screen that Cassel didn't bother to look at.

beach tribe
09-12-2012, 10:03 AM
What exactly do people expect Cassel to do here? There is a defender 4 yards from him looking him right in the face. If he turns his attention up field. The defender just comes after Cassel. This was hardly the idiotic play people make it out to be. Not to mention that the other WRs may already be blocking down field. That is their responsibility on that particular play.
So tell me exactly what he's supposed to do.

beach tribe
09-12-2012, 10:06 AM
Dude.

Look at it again from sideline angle. ****ing killer throw.

Cassel's pass to Boss was actually more impressive than that.

beach tribe
09-12-2012, 10:07 AM
The pass was not high. What will drive you crazy is the WR running wide open 20 yards downfield on the bottom of the screen that Cassel didn't bother to look at.

I would love to see that. If it's actually true. If it is, I'm sure clay would love to prove you right.

beach tribe
09-12-2012, 10:08 AM

It was a little below his facemask. It was a straight up drop.

Fish
09-12-2012, 10:09 AM
Cassel's pass Boss was actually more impressive than that.

:eek:

:facepalm:

beach tribe
LMAO

What's funny? It was an absolutely PERFECT pass.

beach tribe
:eek:

:facepalm:

The pass was perfect. period.

mikey23545
09-12-2012, 10:11 AM
I would have sworn that the defender behind Moeaki had wrapped his arms around him pinning his upper arms to his body.

Unfortunately I didn't record the game so I can't go back and look at it again.

L.A. Chieffan
09-12-2012, 10:21 AM
INT

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap1000000059948/Moore-picks-off-Cassel

Fish
09-12-2012, 10:22 AM
The pass was perfect. period.

I'm sure Cassel graded out perfectly...

L.A. Chieffan
09-12-2012, 10:22 AM
I didnt see the wide open receiver

Marcellus
09-12-2012, 10:23 AM
INT

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap1000000059948/Moore-picks-off-Cassel

Says video not available.

brorth
09-12-2012, 10:25 AM
What's funny? It was an absolutely PERFECT pass.

You're high.
I'm objective, but I'm convinced that ball was thrown for Bowe. Boss made an awesome adjustment to a ball he thought was for him, and an even more impressive catch.
Bowe broke from a skinny post (looks like) because he was going to run in to Boss. That's why the second defender was there.
I'm not blaming Cassel for anything there, if he doesn't put it up there is no TD.
To act like it was an absolutely PERFECT pass is just pure bullshit, imo.
Cassel will no doubt take the credit for the throw, but he knows he got lucky as shit that time.

Marcellus
09-12-2012, 10:28 AM
You're high.
I'm objective, but I'm convinced that ball was thrown for Bowe. Boss made an awesome adjustment to a ball he thought was for him, and an even more impressive catch.
Bowe broke from a skinny post (looks like) because he was going to run in to Boss. That's why the second defender was there.
I'm not blaming Cassel for anything there, if he doesn't put it up there is no TD.
To act like it was an absolutely PERFECT pass is just pure bullshit, imo.
Cassel will no doubt take the credit for the throw, but he knows he got lucky as shit that time.

You got it all wrong starting there. That isn't close to an objective opinion.

Lzen
09-12-2012, 10:33 AM
INT

Ok, that INT is on Mo.

Still didn't see the open receiver that NJ was talking about.

Barret
09-12-2012, 10:58 AM
Perfect opportunity right here...

http://i.imgur.com/0iFSj.jpg

Can I ask a question about this play?

Who is up there near the 13 yard line that the CB is playing off of? He is past the First down marker and could have easily came back (Curl route? Out route??) And this would have been a first down.

Chiefnj2
09-12-2012, 11:02 AM
Ok, that INT is on Mo.

It's on the full 22 view with the NFL rewind. Maybe someone can screen grab it.

Red Dawg
09-12-2012, 11:08 AM
He sucks.

What is going to suck for Denver is not making the SB after paying Manning 20 mil. Pats, Texans, Ravens are all in the way and are better.

brorth
09-12-2012, 11:12 AM
You got it all wrong starting there. That isn't close to an objective opinion.

It is if I don't accept the fact that the play, by design, terminates D Bowe's route at an intersecting point with the TE, asking him to put his hands up in a mock attempt to brace for/ avoid collision.

Brock
09-12-2012, 11:19 AM
What is going to suck for Denver is not making the SB after paying Manning 20 mil. Pats, Texans, Ravens are all in the way and are better.

So being perhaps the 4th best team in the AFC sucks?

MagicHef
09-12-2012, 12:16 PM

You're right. I'm really going to miss all that money.

listopencil
09-12-2012, 01:41 PM

Yeah, it sucks to root for a team with a strong Defense and a future Hall Of Fame QB under center. God how I hate the fact that we have some really good young WR's that are learning from Peyton Manning. It's horrible. It's like...no matter what the other team does you feel like you are going to be in every game. So disheartening. I had to hide my sadness with a giant smile when I went into work Monday. You must really be happy with the Chiefs. I mean, with how much Mark Asshole sucks he's probably paying the team to play, right?

Red Dawg
09-12-2012, 01:52 PM
So being perhaps the 4th best team in the AFC sucks?

Doesn't matter. Win it all or who cares. We were not expected to win it all. They are and won't.

Red Dawg
09-12-2012, 01:54 PM
Yeah, it sucks to root for a team with a strong Defense and a future Hall Of Fame QB under center. God how I hate the fact that we have some really good young WR's that are learning from Peyton Manning. It's horrible. It's like...no matter what the other team does you feel like you are going to be in every game. So disheartening. I had to hide my sadness with a giant smile when I went into work Monday. You must really be happy with the Chiefs. I mean, with how much Mark Asshole sucks he's probably paying the team to play, right?

Take your little victories back to the Donkey board. Your little rant does not change the fact that you will not win the SB and neither will we.

Brock
09-12-2012, 01:56 PM
Doesn't matter. Win it all or who cares. We were not expected to win it all. They are and won't.

LMAO Sure. Why do I think you would have a different take on it if the Chiefs had signed Manning for 30 million dollars?

Reerun_KC
09-12-2012, 01:56 PM
LMAO Sure. Why do I think you would have a different take on it if the Chiefs had signed Manning for 30 million dollars?

I know I would... I am fucking jealous as hell of Denver right now...

Brock
09-12-2012, 01:58 PM
I know I would... I am fucking jealous as hell of Denver right now...

Probably, but then you're gay.

-King-

Who is up there near the 13 yard line that the CB is playing off of? He is past the First down marker and could have easily came back (Curl route? Out route??) And this would have been a first down.

He can't just change his route mid play.

InChiefsHeaven
speaking of gifs, where is gif'd up again? I thought it was on RedTribeCinema's site but I can't find it there...

-King-
09-12-2012, 01:59 PM
It's on the full 22 view with the NFL rewind. Maybe someone can screen grab it.

Don't you have all22? Can't you get the screenshot?

htismaqe
09-12-2012, 01:59 PM
He can't just change his route mid play.

No, there's no such thing as option routes.

Reerun_KC
09-12-2012, 02:00 PM

dont let our secret out Brock... My wife still doesnt know.

listopencil
09-12-2012, 02:12 PM
Take your little victories back to the Donkey board. Your little rant does not change the fact that you will not win the SB and neither will we.

Awww. Poor widdle guy. I hope I didn't huwt your feewings. Go have a snack and take a nap.

listopencil
09-12-2012, 02:13 PM

It's not gay if you don't make eye contact.

RUSH
09-12-2012, 02:38 PM

Breaston.

Dex is in the slot and Bowe at the bottom of the screen.

Play design must have called for a streak by both outside wrs to take the safeties away and to clear the middle of the field for Dexter. But if that's the case and there are no option routes on this play, then why not have Baldwin with his size and athleticism out there running the streak instead of Breaston? I can't remember if Breaston ends up running a deep in though so that might be why. I'll take a look again once I'm off work.

But back to the play, Cassel is either too dumb to see the safeties playing up or he doesn't trust his wrs or arm to give Bowe or Breaston a chance to make a play on the sideline. Preferably Bowe since he's bigger and better.

Red Dawg
09-12-2012, 03:16 PM
Awww. Poor widdle guy. I hope I didn't huwt your feewings. Go have a snack and take a nap.

Answer this question. Let's say Manning plays for two years. Quits at 38 but fails to win the SB. Is that a success to you or not? I think it's a fail. 40mil paid for nothing. I have no problem admitting so far Scott P is a fail. He has won nothing and we have been forced to choke on Cassel through two head coaches.

Amnorix
09-12-2012, 03:23 PM

Did you see the defender roar by the intended receiver like a half second after Cassel dumps it?

Looks like he pretty clearly made the correct play to me. The play was blown. Kill it and move on.

As for "throw it to someone else", that's not an option on a screen. The WRs are all blocking, not looking to catch it.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-12-2012, 03:30 PM
What a fucking douche.

Ceej
09-12-2012, 03:47 PM
I think a lot of people's disdain for Matty Ice is clouding their judgment on this gif.

Only Chiefsplanet can make an incomplete pass a huge deal.

<3 you guys.

RUSH
09-12-2012, 04:03 PM
Ok, that INT is on Mo.

http://i.imgur.com/Odtob.jpg

I guess you can say Bowe is open on the curl at the top of the screen, but Breaston is definetly covered well on the bottom.

Here's the INT from the endzone angle. Hard to tell what's going on in the pic, but while watching it live it looks like Moeaki was just slow getting his hands up and the ball bangs right off his face mask.

http://i.imgur.com/TDP3E.png

listopencil
09-12-2012, 04:10 PM
Answer this question. Let's say Manning plays for two years. Quits at 38 but fails to win the SB. Is that a success to you or not? I think it's a fail. 40mil paid for nothing. I have no problem admitting so far Scott P is a fail. He has won nothing and we have been forced to choke on Cassel through two head coaches.

If Manning only lasts two years with no SuperBowl win, but those are successful years where we get to the playoffs and win a few games, that's still a net positive. We already drafted our QBotF in Osweiler and he looks pretty good. He'll be taking over a much improved team that Manning helped to build. The guy is absolutely worth the money.

InChiefsHeaven
09-13-2012, 09:56 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Odtob.jpg

I guess you can say Bowe is open on the curl at the top of the screen, but Breaston is definetly covered well on the bottom.

Here's the INT from the endzone angle. Hard to tell what's going on in the pic, but while watching it live it looks like Moeaki was just slow getting his hands up and the ball bangs right off his face mask.

http://i.imgur.com/TDP3E.png

Is it just me or is the defender bear hugging him while he's trying to make the catch?

penguinz
09-13-2012, 09:59 AM
Did you see the defender roar by the intended receiver like a half second after Cassel dumps it?

Looks like he pretty clearly made the correct play to me. The play was blown. Kill it and move on.
He should have thrown it so that Dexter would have been killed.

Bob Dole
09-13-2012, 10:01 AM
Is it just me or is the defender bear hugging him while he's trying to make the catch?

That's legal when you play KC.

DJ's left nut
09-13-2012, 10:26 AM

No question - that was all on Moeaki.

From my chair, Boss has earned the starting job until Moeaki can take it away from him. Boss looked better in the pre-season and has looked to be a very capable blocker as well.

I love Moeaki's potential, but he's really looking off out there. He has a ways to go before he's ready to start again.

Ace Gunner
09-13-2012, 10:41 AM
No question - that was all on Moeaki.

From my chair, Boss has earned the starting job until Moeaki can take it away from him. Boss looked better in the pre-season and has looked to be a very capable blocker as well.

I love Moeaki's potential, but he's really looking off out there. He has a ways to go before he's ready to start again.

ya, he's been out a year and it will take a while for him to look like the guy during 2010, obviously. I believe he's struggling with the new offense also -- his routes are crap right now and he just looks as if he doesn't know where he's going half the time.

Boss has been playing good football, I agree. He deserves to start, you are right.

htismaqe
09-13-2012, 10:53 AM
Moeaki's blocking was picture-perfect in the 1st half. Those longer runs don't happen without him. The national guys mentioned it several times.

DJ's left nut
09-13-2012, 11:08 AM
Moeaki's blocking was picture-perfect in the 1st half. Those longer runs don't happen without him. The national guys mentioned it several times.

I didn't say that Boss has been a better blocker. Moeaki seems to have picked up where he left off in that regard (for the most part; not quite as reliable from what I've seen, but generally still very good).

But Boss has been a more complete player thus far. His hands have been more reliable, his routes have been sharper and he's just seemed to be working harder out there. Moeaki may be scared of his knee (not uncommon), but he's going to have to get over it.

I have confidence that Moeaki will come around and eventually supplant Boss - there's little question that he has the talent to do so. However, right now Boss is simply the better player.

htismaqe
09-13-2012, 11:11 AM
I didn't say that Boss has been a better blocker. Moeaki seems to have picked up where he left off in that regard (for the most part; not quite as reliable from what I've seen, but generally still very good).

But Boss has been a more complete player thus far. His hands have been more reliable, his routes have been sharper and he's just seemed to be working harder out there. Moeaki may be scared of his knee (not uncommon), but he's going to have to get over it.

I have confidence that Moeaki will come around and eventually supplant Boss - there's little question that he has the talent to do so. However, right now Boss is simply the better player.

But Boss isn't the better player. Boss is running better routes and has more confidence bringing the ball in.

However, given who we have at QB, we're gonna have to be 60/40 run, which means Moeaki (right now) better fits what needs to be done.

InChiefsHeaven
09-13-2012, 11:21 AM
Once Moeaki gets his legs back under him and assuming he stays healthy, we'll have a really nice TE combo.

DJ's left nut
09-13-2012, 11:33 AM
But Boss isn't the better player. Boss is running better routes and has more confidence bringing the ball in.

However, given who we have at QB, we're gonna have to be 60/40 run, which means Moeaki (right now) better fits what needs to be done.

I disagree. Moeaki is a marginally better blocker but with a short passing game making up the other 40% and with a QB that doesn't have the arm strength to utilize the sidelines, a TE that can operate effectively over the middle is imperative to the success of the offense.

I'll take the slight step down in run blocking, especially since Winston is going to be on that right side most of the time, if it means a more reliable, effective pass catcher and security blanked for our garbage QB.

Hammock Parties
09-13-2012, 12:14 PM
Boss was a terrible run blocker the last two seasons, FYI.

Moeaki was one of the best his rookie year.

htismaqe
09-13-2012, 12:21 PM
I disagree. Moeaki is a marginally better blocker but with a short passing game making up the other 40% and with a QB that doesn't have the arm strength to utilize the sidelines, a TE that can operate effectively over the middle is imperative to the success of the offense.

I'll take the slight step down in run blocking, especially since Winston is going to be on that right side most of the time, if it means a more reliable, effective pass catcher and security blanked for our garbage QB.

Except that's it not a SLIGHT step down in run blocking. It's visible to the layperson watching on TV.